Worst Kdrama ending ever

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Baruch Menachem

Worst Kdrama ending ever

Post by Baruch Menachem » Sep 12th, '09, 13:46

I couldn't finish the series Single Dad in Love. I quite at episode 14 and went to the end.
where all the rest of the characters were at his funeral.
god that was horrible after all that. And he never got the girl, either.
This was a great drama for the first 12 episodes, I watched the show non stop. But now I am totally bummed. I really wanted him to get HaRi.

My previous worst ending ever was for Sweet Spy. I have no clue what she saw in him.

I had to give up on City Haul, because that was also turning into a train wreck.

Oh!PilSung was also very promising till the very end. At least the girl went to Pusan for him, but really, he should have stuck it out. He was good at it.

And my favorite ship on Really Really Like You sank. The ending was Whisky tango foxtrot. No rational, no irrational girl would go for the guard.

But Single Dad in Love was the worst ending ever.

ze-fantast

Post by ze-fantast » Sep 12th, '09, 19:35

I really really like you ending wasn`t so bad, in my opinion.

Save the last dance ending was just bullsh*t. That`s worst ending i`ve ever seen <_>

Btw, Eugene is starring in SAve the last dance too ;]

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 26th, '09, 06:55

Well, if I must said, I hate the ending of Memories in Bali where they all died in the end. What's up with that.

Also the ending of Prince 1st love, even though Gun Hee is the prince but I prefer that Yoo bin will end up together with Seung Hyun, which is impossible,lol

DORAEMON4ever

Post by DORAEMON4ever » Nov 25th, '09, 02:53

A Love To Kill :glare:

apithea

Post by apithea » Nov 25th, '09, 12:08

DORAEMON4ever wrote:A Love To Kill :glare:
yah, couldn't agree more. Why did they have to died anyway :scratch:

NickJu

Post by NickJu » Nov 25th, '09, 12:28

I agree with all of them, especially a Love to Kill. But the one that really makes me angry is When a Man is in Love. He dies then she dies five years later after everything they went through... It wasn't sad, it was pathetic.

NickJu

Post by NickJu » Nov 25th, '09, 12:32

If truth be told, most Korean dramas start off great, but completely bomb at the end. I think that is the most frustrating aspect of Kdrama. Every time I start one I pray for a great ending. Like now, I'm afraid to finish You're Beatiful. They could mess it up in so many ways.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 27th, '09, 21:32

The ending of the drama "Bodyguard" was really indecisive, nothing came to a conclusion." Thank You" had a supposedly realistic, but very unsatisfactory ending. "O! Pil-seung Bong Soon-yeong" had a catastrophic ending, it gives you a feeling that you watched 16 episodes for nothing.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Nov 27th, '09, 21:43

I found the ending to bodyguard very confusing. It looked like the writer was doing stream of conciosness and all of the sudden noticed "hey, this is episode 16. The end." What?

I really liked the first 15 episodes of O Pil Seung. I can't understand why he did that. I also can't understand why the girl in the middle had any confusion at all over which guy she liked. There was the same kind of confusion with the girl in the middle in Heading to the Ground, but she had an excuse. Her family was pushing her that way, he was rich and successful, and while there was a mild bad vibe, he was always very nice to her, if no one else. The bad guy in O Pil Seung starts out the relationship with what almost amounts to a rape. I do like the fact that she made the right decision in the end. But still, the ending was goofy otherwise.

your siggy line is mentally ill. True, but sick. I like it.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Nov 27th, '09, 22:23

for me A LOVE TOKILL and it's true it can kill the audience watching these kind of ending they torture us with all of this feeling and confusion and in the end he died naaaaaaaaaaa this is over dramatic

i'm not sad ending person at all
oh by the way u won't believe also i hate BOYS OVER FLOWERS ending loooooool actually i wanted the girl to marry kim hyun joong not lee min hoo i didn't feel any sympathy for him at all may be i'm the onley one who gonna say that hehehe

lool oh the funny thing my girl i wanted the lead actress to love lee jun ki only to make him stop crying he cryied alot in this series but overroll it was ok

Kim Yunmi

Post by Kim Yunmi » Nov 27th, '09, 22:40

NickJu wrote:If truth be told, most Korean dramas start off great, but completely bomb at the end. I think that is the most frustrating aspect of Kdrama. Every time I start one I pray for a great ending. Like now, I'm afraid to finish You're Beatiful. They could mess it up in so many ways.
Not true. Most Melodrama endings and drama endings suck. But really great dramas if you have the sense for them rarely have horrible endings.

Out of the endings the Hong Sisters pulled out Only 1 was bitter-sweet, but not sucky. I mean it wasn't unreasonable and I think it was at the request of the director. That makes My Sassy Girl Chun Hyang, My Girl, Fantasy Couple, have good solid endings, with Fantasy Couple with the best pacing. And then Hong Gil Dong with a logical, but sad ending. (Bitter sweet, probably because they couldn't stand a "sad" ending--not their style...) Leaving a 3.5 record behind of good endings.

Coffee Prince, by another director and writer team also had a good ending. Goong had a good ending as well.

So I don't think the real problem with Korean dramas is the endings. That's more of a chief complaint of Japanese Dramas. The chief complaint about Korean dramas is the pacing. It's because the studios pack in and raise money for the popular dramas and then insist on more episodes, the writers, who are careful to pace out their episodes are more likely to want to save their ending, so then filler episodes appear out of the blue. For a writer, this is hell.. are they going to extend, are they not going to extend, how do we deal with it?

American Dramas have some of the worst endings ever. You get to the end of the series and you did not know it ended. That's called a crap ending. Worse than the open end of Japanese dramas Americans cry about. Also called cancellation, so I wouldn't be so hard on it being Korean shows... US side, it's worse. (British shows I haven't seen in a while... but they aren't much better from what I know of that system.)

Lesson: Stay away from Melodramas. Go towards the romantic comedies of high budget with people you know and like, particularly writers and directors. Actors that pick good projects often choose consistently are also good choices. You can spot them by the number of sponsors at the bottom of the screen, the quality of the colors...

I really really like you had a good ending. Who wants to end up with your foster brother? Go for the guard.

Prince's First Love sucked all over. Worst drama ever. Traumatized me for years.

xyinnix

Post by xyinnix » Nov 27th, '09, 23:09

I'd vote witch yoo hee- winner of the WTF award for its ending. It was just sloppily done and awful.

Overall, I find Kdrama endings aren't so bad, they do follow the storyline and many just about salvages the end part- props to them

Don't get me started in c-drama [tvb esp!] endings. one word= FAIL.

caramelchampagne

TO KIM YUNMI

Post by caramelchampagne » Nov 28th, '09, 00:55

Kim Yunmi wrote:
NickJu wrote:If truth be told, most Korean dramas start off great, but completely bomb at the end. I think that is the most frustrating aspect of Kdrama. Every time I start one I pray for a great ending. Like now, I'm afraid to finish You're Beatiful. They could mess it up in so many ways.
I don't think the real problem with Korean dramas is the endings. That's more of a chief complaint of Japanese Dramas. The chief complaint about Korean dramas is the pacing. It's because the studios pack in and raise money for the popular dramas and then insist on more episodes, the writers, who are careful to pace out their episodes are more likely to want to save their ending, so then filler episodes appear out of the blue. For a writer, this is hell.. are they going to extend, are they not going to extend, how do we deal with it?
i totaly agree with ya kim i really undrestand exactely what are ya talking about coz we have this problem here in egypt about producers wanna more epi to get more money from distributing thier works ( in egypt the number of epi can exceed 30 epi no less than that )

so in da end u got series full off unwanted details but i will tell ya what actually i notice since i watch korean drama and i'm new fan for japanese drama now comparing the number of epis in 2 series i can tell ya jp drama win coz 9 to 11 epi is good to keep the story line and plot good no over filling for non scence details BUT what i hate about jp drama the way they over act in naive and so over gesture they do when the series is comic it's not funny at all and makes me nuts i don't see that in korean drama
i'm not saying all the jp drama like that but i can say most of it

korean drama i think they r really good at sad dramatic story more full of agony and u always have girl gonna die from disease ( always cancer is the best one choosen )
or the guy will die when he is protecting the girl he loves

coz the korean drama got more epi's so after epi 4 or 5 u always feel the drama start to be draggy so what u should do rather than skip some epi to watch the end and what killes me when u find open ended drama that is makes me nuts :crazy: oh and i hate this part when the couple gonna start thier relation always the lead actor tell the girl he love about sad story bla bla and in the end u see this story is what actually happening

us drama i think they can overcome this thing by the mass production and they spend too much money to keep the show go on uk drama i will never think about it coz i hate britch accent even english actors so cold sometimes i feel they have no emotions

and i already learned ma lesson since i'm not sad ending person i only pic romantic comic thriller action drama coz ma heart become so week i can't stand sad drama full of tearse i swear it can get me in bad mood for couple of days like what happened to me in a love to kill also chooseing good actors will make ya feel better to watch thier drama by the way now i'm watching iris really so good drama even i feel it gonna end with disaster

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 28th, '09, 15:53

I just finished watching "Shining Inheritance". The ending was "too good to be true". Every bad character changed and became a good person in the end. People whose love were left unrequited, moved on and forgot about their broken heart, smiled foolishly even in front of their loved one and everybody went just fine. On top of that, the grandmother gave her share in the company to the workers and the company is going to be "employee owned". (I don't know if Alzheimer has side effects like communism, but it was a little too much.) At least the lovers didn't have to split and had had the infamous "going overseas, seeing each other again after two years" part so common in K-Dramas.

justiceannep

Post by justiceannep » Dec 22nd, '09, 14:40

I couldn't finish goong :P

tkah

Post by tkah » Dec 22nd, '09, 15:50

I would have to say Money's Warfare. That was just a really random ending. I was ticked I wasted my time watching it. Another one that I recently just finished is on the top of my worst ending list - IRIS. Loved the drama but the end made me really mad.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '10, 00:48

BOF. This was just so forced.
But anyway, this drama was sooo bad, that ending didn't even stand out in all of its mediocre plot. I could watch it, and I skipped like 15 episodes in total. Did I miss something?

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jan 2nd, '10, 01:00

I actually liked Marry a Millionaire. The show sort of ended at episode 10, but they kept going for 6 more that didn't really make any sense.

They really had no place to go. As if she would go with the guy who humiliated her like that.

And he was a real good guy, even if he was pretty stupid.

elley

Post by elley » Jan 2nd, '10, 14:47

Actually i dont have any specific which kdrama but the things i really hate on the ending was the "HANGING THOUGHTS/ IDEAS" on the viewers. Like on the "A Man story" the ending kinda confusing :idea: I rather refer on the ending which the lead actors & actress they're died atleast you know the ending. :-)
Last edited by elley on Jan 3rd, '10, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jan 2nd, '10, 15:15

Hong Gil Dong. As if the writer woke up with a head ache and said stuff this just just kill everyone and drive the king insane.

ayekachan06

Post by ayekachan06 » Jan 7th, '10, 05:56

WORST ENDING EVER! a LOVE TO kILL Where Bi and the girl died under a tree when they DIDNT HAVE TOO >.<

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jan 7th, '10, 05:57

to move the topic sideways, I just finished Love Marriage. I have no idea why they ended it there, and not five episodes before.

It was a nice ending..... but i didn't get the point.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Sep 6th, '11, 23:22

I would have to say the dreadful dreadful Sweet Spy, cos if they'd have killed off the unbelievably boring Dennis Oh character at the end, it may have become almost interesting, but they bottled it and didn't............................so it was ****!!!!!!
Last edited by Biozombie on Sep 7th, '11, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Sep 6th, '11, 23:25

Biozombie wrote:I would have to say the dreadful dreadful Sweet Spy, cos if they'd have killed off the unbelievably boring Dennis Oh character at the end, it may have become almost interesting, but they bottled it and didn't............................so it was ****!!!!!!
Edit : Can't believe they've edited s*it - thought this was an adult forum.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Sep 7th, '11, 00:50

Lovers in Paris, absolutely the worst ending, made no sense, completely whacky, insulting the viewers.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 7th, '11, 08:31

A Love to Kill is a lock for one of the worst endings i ever seen in a kdrama. Sang Doo, Let's Go To School (well again with Bi^^) is just a bit less frustrating( cmon its a double suicide and not an accident...at least it was filmed like a suicide...even if it is an accident...i mean
they both see the car coming-they both would not be hit by the car, if they would just stay on their spot AFTER they have seen the car.
49 days: she dies in the last episode, after she struggled for 19 episodes to stay alive? Yes i know death and the accepting of death is the main topic of this drama...but still it was a "screw you" ending for a good drama, simply because it was almost a romcom.

"Who are you?" Well not the ending itself bugs me, but that there is no "ending" for the most characters in this drama. There are a lot of loose and it leaves a lot of questions.

Overall the stereotypical endings of kdramas suck. The worst endings for me are:
period dramas: the main character almost always has to die

in every other kdrama one of the mainleads goes for 2-4 years abroad...and after that they still love each othe soooo much, even if they knew each other before the 2-4 year abroad, for 1-2 months...and they never stay in touch during this period.

Endings where one of the leads "vanishes" without a trace and then reapears years later and they look at each other an smile (are they coming together again? did they go on with their lifes? WHAT IS HAPPENING???). Manny, City Hunter etc. are good examples for this.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '11, 08:43

Uhmm, well, you know, if historical drama depicts the actual fact, they can't let the dead person happily live for the sake of viewers, no? Lots of sageuk and taeha let their characters live though.

Bad ending? I Need Romance. Kind of obvious according to kdrama rules, but still...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 7th, '11, 10:06

Maybe i've always picked the wrong ones (The Duo, Hong Gil Dong, Iljimae, Chuno, Strongest Chil Woo, Damo...they all die...), so it can be that my impression is wrong.

But i bet, that in Warrior Daek and Gye Baek the mains die too^^.

One drama with a bad ending i missed to mention. TheRoyal Family-ending is very bad. What happened? Did they die? Are they alive and live happy together?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '11, 10:10

Baek Dongsu is not scheduled to die at the end. As for Gyebaek - read his bio, he died during one battle.
Hong Gil Dong death is questionable, in the book it's not that clear.
But tragedy is embraced by sageuk. Some don't like it.

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Sep 7th, '11, 10:31

A Love to Kill!
DEFINITELY A Love to Kill!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 7th, '11, 11:42

Ethlenn wrote:Uhmm, well, you know, if historical drama depicts the actual fact, they can't let the dead person happily live for the sake of viewers, no? Lots of sageuk and taeha let their characters live though.

Bad ending? I Need Romance. Kind of obvious according to kdrama rules, but still...
I second I Need Romance too. I don't care if this drama looks realistic and all about true human emotions when it comes to do with love (which all these reasons are still questionable in my mind), its ending just did not match the whole drama.
a man who was portrayed a cheater through out the drama is shown to be the one who has the most sincere love for his girl. :scratch: so therefore the girl forgets all what he puts through and goes back to him. she rejected the one person who loved her because she found out that she loves herself more and respect herself then agrees to go back to her cheater BF. where is the logic in that?
I did invest so much love and emotion in this drama which I believed is going to be the ground breaker but unfortunately it did what kdramas do best by its end.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 7th, '11, 13:32

Ethlenn wrote:Baek Dongsu is not scheduled to die at the end. As for Gyebaek - read his bio, he died during one battle.
Hong Gil Dong death is questionable, in the book it's not that clear.
But tragedy is embraced by sageuk. Some don't like it.
Yes a lot of them are based on actual events and humans, but overall almost 90% of the actual drama is fiction. And a drama doesn't have to follow actual events to the t. Even if the originals die in a battle or are assasinated, so a lot of them lived overall a long life, so that its actual possible for the drama to have a happy end. For example the original lived 50 years, the drama could end in his 30s (well the writers kill the character in his 20s off^^). So the argument, that the actual person died too, doesnt count. but this all is my personal opinion, so dont kill me :) .

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '11, 13:34

Don't worry, we're having much of a fun here to get rid of a clever user^^

My personal opinion is that: death of the main character doesn't mean bad ending for me. Chuno had a great one.

complexfest

Post by complexfest » Sep 7th, '11, 13:42

My personal opinion is that: death of the main character doesn't mean bad ending for me
Very very true!!![/quote]

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 7th, '11, 18:14

I just got carried away with the sageu-dramas. If the maincharacters die, doesn't mean the ending is bad. At least as long as its a "good death". If someone dies and it fits, then its ok. F.e. if the character dies in a battle or has many foes and somebody sends an assassin after another and one of them succeeds or the character has a terminal illnes (like Scent of a Woman...though i just know the synopsis and don't know if she actually dies) from the beginning and you know that she/he can die. Or somethng like this. But a lot of kdrama-deaths are just pathetic: f.e. a warrior who survived a lot of battles and hardships dies in the last 5 minutes of the drama because he slipped on a bananapeel (its fictional, just to show what a have in mind) or a person, who had a long battle with a braintumor, survives this, gets a successful surgery...gets hit by a car in the last 10 minutes of the drama. Yes I know such things can happen...but cmon.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 9th, '11, 19:16

Dunno about the worst ending...But there's hardly any that ever satisfies me. So I agree with Ecchan, better a befitting death (e.g. Sorry I Love You) than a forced happy ending wrap-up including a time jump and showing everyone living happily ever after - like in Secret Garden. :doh:
Though I often wish they'd kill them off with more style. Like Bad Guy. I expected him to die, I guess I even wanted him to die but the way they had him killed was just pathetic.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Sep 13th, '11, 02:55

I hate the ending of Love to Kill because seriously... WHY? There was no reason for them to go... And also East of Eden, to be killed by some pathetic random gangster? Why did they even kill him off.

I hate it when characters are killed for no reason.

Rent

Post by Rent » Sep 13th, '11, 03:50

I didn't like the Secret Garden ending.. it felt kind of bleeeeeh
And Coffee Prince.. cause of the whole gonne abroad thing. Or You're Beautiful. Thought it was so slow. And hmm.. I know there's more but they're not coming to me :o

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Sep 15th, '11, 02:24

I need romance also takes the bad ending cake for me. The ones that disappoint me the most are the ones I am invested in the most. I was expecting so much from this drama so it was able to disappoint me that much. I also don't think death of lead character= bad ending, if it fits. I am not really a huge fan of sad endings but if it is a good drama with great acting(chuno, im sorry i love you,scent of a woman) i don't mind it. Maybe because I knew going into it that it was going to be sad. It's all about the expectations. If my expectations are low I am not as disappointed but if the expectations are high and it doesn't deliver it's letdown city for me.

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Sep 15th, '11, 04:09

The only ending that ever made me really angry was The Legend. I wanted a better ending than a slideshow of screencaps from previous episodes. I still enjoy the rest of the drama, but I felt so cheated by the last episode.

I've gotten used to people dying in Kdrama, which is why I don't get too upset with those kind of endings. I guess that's just me though.

tofu tickles

Post by tofu tickles » Sep 16th, '11, 08:50

The way that Love To Kill ended seriously irked me.

It really didn't have to end that way... It was cheesy, melodramatic, unrealistic, and unnecessary.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 16th, '11, 10:12

I don't know, why the most people don't like the ending of SG. OK its cheesy and Peter Pan's Neverland-like, but well its ok. I like that they show how their relationship is after the "ending". Vineyard man is the same. Its a fairytale-ending, but it shows the future. I prefer such endings over the "normal" ending. A lot of dramas end with the first "real-out-of-love"-kiss or the first night or the first meeting after being 4 years apart. Hell for what we know they can break up after 2 weeks. So for me its more comfortable if they show the future of this relationship, even if its a little bit cheesy and over other top.
Well it doesnt have to be cheesy. apart from
the death of the mainlead
i liked the ending of 49 days, because they show, what happens after the main story, even if its not all flowers and butterflies.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 16th, '11, 10:46

I think for fiction drama like SG, I liked a less cheesy ending. I say cheesy because comparing with the whole romance of main couple and they way it was portrayed, they should have acted a different way than your average kdrama couple in love. But over all, I won't say that it has the worst ending.
As for " 49 Days",
as said before the death of main character does not make a drama ending the worst. Ok, some say they have been tricked into thinking that it has a happy ending because of the whole 49 days deal. But that ending would have been so predictable in my point if view. Anyway, I was totally ok with ending. But still think it went a little bit cliche by the end.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 16th, '11, 11:02

What i wanted to say is, that I like the fact, that in SG they showed the "future". How this future looks like is just secondary (even if he would have dumped her after 5 years, its for me still better, than an airport-kissing-end).

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 16th, '11, 11:06

Umm but Silverman, on the other page you said the opposite and named 49 Days as one of the worst endings? :scratch:

I don't mind main lead deaths, nor overly happy endings as long as they all makes sense.
In that way I didn't like A Love to Kill ending even though I loved the drama.
It has been long time since I saw it but I don't understand how loving two people and feeling guilty for it is valid reason to make double suicide, especially when the other guy is dead already. I can't see it as honourable death.

I thought it was a bit pointless compared to I'm Sorry, I Love you, which totally fit.
Moo Hyuk died and Eun Chae tried to live life without him but just couldn't so she committed suicide on his grave to be together with him again. Now that makes sense.
What it comes to Secret Garden ending, it wasn't that bad and it wasn't even overly happy ending but more realistic. It just wasn't amazing. But yeah, something more dramatic would have fit better, like the last body swap & letter scene.
49 Days I already explained on other threads and it has one of the best endings I know.
I Need Romance then again...
I understand you can't get off your ex but damn it, why does she have to "hate" him till the end and then suddenly decide "oh but he truly loves me as I am" and forget all other good men and take the cheater anyway. Oh come on, that was lame ending.
Uhh and I really hate those "going abroad" endings. Like going to Europe would solve all problems and make everything so perfect after return. :scratch: Why do they keep recycling that same idea? Especially when most of the time it doesn't even make sense for the character.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 16th, '11, 11:21

This thread is made up of personal preferences. For some this-and-this drama ending suck, for others it's great. What's the point in convincing other people to your point of view?
On the other hand, the variety of opinions is what distinguishes D-A forum from other sheep-following fora. :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 16th, '11, 11:31

I wasn't convincing anyone, just commented on some endings I remember. Conversation dear. ^^ Of course everyone is free to tell their opionions. I was just wondering why someone said something on other page and changed opinion on the other. Not that I don't ever forget or change my opinion. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 16th, '11, 11:50

Oh Viande, darling, it wasn't about you!!
It's just the general "air" from this thread I got.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 16th, '11, 13:39

Viande wrote:Umm but Silverman, on the other page you said the opposite and named 49 Days as one of the worst endings? :scratch:
Its still one of the worst endings(for me). I just like the idea of the timejump. Its like you see a car and you hate all about it, except for the color. The color is something you love, but you still wouldn't buy this car, if you hate everything else about it.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 16th, '11, 14:59

Silverman wrote:
Viande wrote:Umm but Silverman, on the other page you said the opposite and named 49 Days as one of the worst endings? :scratch:
Its still one of the worst endings(for me). I just like the idea of the timejump. Its like you see a car and you hate all about it, except for the color. The color is something you love, but you still wouldn't buy this car, if you hate everything else about it.
Ah, so you refered to the time jump when you said you liked the ending. I didn't even think about it as a time jump because it was so natural to show what happend after that.

One person's trash is another's treasure. ^^

Rent

Post by Rent » Sep 16th, '11, 19:27

I think I dislike endings less when it's a drama I didn't like much to begin with. I like it when an ending keeps the feel of the whole drama. If it's a drama I've watched non-stop it's super easy for me to hate the ending for a couple of days afterwards. And I don't mind character deaths if it goes with the story but if I already know it's gonna happen, like 49 Days, I'm hesitant to watch the whole drama.

Maybe I should learn to cover my ears and go "LALALA" when someone tries to tell me about a drama I'm excited about before I watch it :o

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 16th, '11, 19:43

Rent wrote:
Maybe I should learn to cover my ears and go "LALALA" when someone tries to tell me about a drama I'm excited about before I watch it :o
And maybe you should also avoid threads like this one where there is possibilty of you reading about them is high.
Not saying this in unwelcoming way. Just letting you know about content of this thread. :mrgreen:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 16th, '11, 21:26

:mrgreen: I had the same thought. It's obvious, that there will be spoilers, if the name of the thread "...ending" is.

Rent

Post by Rent » Sep 17th, '11, 06:57

Hahaha! I've thought about that! But.. the curiosity! Can't stop myself from listening when someone wants to spoil me or stay away from spoiler threads. Especially when there's so many dramas I wanna watch and so little time >.>

Well.... at least I don't whine about stuff being spoiled after walking into it lol

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 24th, '11, 16:39

I Need Romance and I am a Legend.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Sep 24th, '11, 21:12

i don't want to open an new thread for this question and now we are on the subject of "I need Romance". I havent watched this one(and don't want to), but as far as i know the mainlead is a cheating husband or at least one of the femaleleads ends up with her cheating husband.
In a lot of dramas where the husband or bf cheats on his girlfriend/wife, the other party(also known as "the mistress"), wants to marry him. And this is the part which me and my gf don't understand. I understand, that the mistress can have a relationship with a married man, either for money or just for sex. But how in hell can she want to marry him? I mean you know that he is a cheating bastard. And you can be sure, that if you marry him, the chances are very high, that he will cheat on you too. So why would you want to marry such a man (even crazy love can't cloud the judgment so far).

Does anyone also have problems to understand that or is just me?

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 24th, '11, 21:20

Ηm, I don't know if this proverb/joke about marriage already exists in English, too, but in Greece we say ''A woman marries believing that the man will change and a man marries believing the woman will never change''.
Kind of that logic applies here too. (I guess, because I disagree with that anyway).
Many women believe that this one can change for her shake...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 12:10

Indeed, vasou. I somehow get the "obeying parents" thing (Ethlenn wrote a nice article about it in her blog), but that as well is not what they should be showing young people when it gets to extremes.

I generally condemn anything in series which lowers people's value. Wanting to be with a bastard chaebol, a cheating man or obeying wicked parents and ignoring your own happiness are among them.

Like bad men, like men who see you as an outlet and spend a life in misery because your mom (of course) won't like your boyfriend is not what we should be saying to young people in the modern world.
Like Ecchan said, these values might be "tradition", but tradition should be broken if it does not co-exist with a changed society. Societies change, the rules for living change. All the time. And we should follow.

You can't have a modern country, striving for the future with rules of the past. Which is why the parent thing, abusive men and that damn weird lack of showing blades on tv and proper kissing are so ridiculous.
Either go for the future and adapt or then stay in the past. Some traditions are good, but some only really worked for eras long gone. And some were just made to keep people in check. Not appropriate anymore.

I will make my own post about this someday, actually. Will probably use what I just said here, since that's what I wanted to say, the lazy ass. Ahaha. But yes, I see why people are pissed at I Need Sex.

And vasou, that saying applies a lot to kdrama. Might actually write an article on that. The whole "He is a jerk, but I am such an awesome woman that I will change him" problem that most rom-com women have.

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 25th, '11, 12:21

I really hate it! Before the last 2 episodes, I really-really loved it as a drama. It was more original, more natural, more mature compared to many other rom coms. Couples faces normal problems like cheating, and not contract marriage, and there were actually couples that made sex (with if I judge of what I saw till before, I doubt they do sex there haha)
The thing is, there is a story, that a woman, after spending 10 years, loving a man, supporting him in every step his take (and financialy), and literaly spent her best years for him, he does what? Cheating on her!
And not only cheats once, but twice.. And not only cheat ''in the heat of the moment'' but he even plans weekends with the ''mistress''.

And after all that, instead of having the heroines happily ever after with another man, or at least ALONE, and happy for her self, he goes back to him? This is disrespect to the women. And I am not even a feminist.
It was bad, really bad. Let alone the other girl, who end up with the one who slapped her...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 12:30

Now that you said slapping, that's yet another issue of backwards thinking. Complaining when a guy hits a girl in a series. Well, women hit men all the time. Men have even gotten raped by women. We ain't saints.
If you have the right to hit a guy, he has the right to hit you. It just depends on the why. Slapping a woman if she had it coming is not the same as abuse. Just as a guy gets slapped if he had it coming as well.
We're greeks and ass kicking is nothing new to us, but from what I can tell, it's not new to Koreans either. :rofl:

But slapping when it's called for and cheating are not the same. Slapping IS a moment. It can be done in a muddled state of mind. I went to a hotel with her, took off my clothes, drowned the kitty with her and had a smoke afterwards ain't exactly "heat of the moment". :lol

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 25th, '11, 12:36

Orion1986 wrote:Now that you said slapping, that's yet another issue of backwards thinking. Complaining when a guy hits a girl in a series. Well, women hit men all the time. Men have even gotten raped by women. We ain't saints.
If you have the right to hit a guy, he has the right to hit you. It just depends on the why. Slapping a woman if she had it coming is not the same as abuse. Just as a guy gets slapped if he had it coming as well.
We're greeks and ass kicking is nothing new to us, but from what I can tell, it's not new to Koreans either. :rofl:

But slapping when it's called for and cheating are not the same. Slapping IS a moment. It can be done in a muddled state of mind. I went to a hotel with her, took of my clothes, drowned the kitty with her and had a smoke afterwards ain't exactly "heat of the moment". :lol
Tha'ts true, and generally I am not that kind of fighter against slapping. There have been times that I talking to my screen ''Bravo''. Because it's not an action of dominance neither abuse.But in some cases, even if its not abusing, even if its not dominating, is unjustified, and I mean for both sides (even when a woman slaps)

Yes, cheating is tottaly NOT the same. Especially in that case. It wasn't either ''I got drunk and couldn't help it''.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 12:41

People rarely do extreme things when drunk that they wouldn't do when not. Unless you were drugged and didn't think or thought you were doing your own girlfriend, there is no excuse.

Which is why I kinda liked the ending to "Magic". A Kang Dong Won series, vasou. Spoilers ahead.
Ok, the women weren't exactly saints, but they BOTH dumped the bastard who may or may not have jumped to his breaking a few bones into the sea. It wasn't high enough to kill him. Although he may have choked on the ring he swallowed. I'm hoping for the latter. :lol
Also, wasn't this "worst kdrama endings"? Or was the one with plural another thread? Cause there are many bad endings and I doubt anyone could pick just one.

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 25th, '11, 12:44

Orion1986 wrote:People rarely do extreme things when drunk that they wouldn't do when not. Unless you were drugged and didn't think or thought you were doing your own girlfriend, there is no excuse.

Which is why I kinda liked the ending to "Magic". A Kang Dong Won series, vasou. Spoilers ahead.
Ok, the women weren't exactly saints, but they BOTH dumped the bastard who may or may not have jumped to his breaking a few bones into the sea. It wasn't high enough to kill him. Although he may have choked on the ring he swallowed. I'm hoping for the latter. :lol
Hm :D I sure he deserved it :D , you are making it more intriguing

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 25th, '11, 13:05

Orion1986 wrote: Men have even gotten raped by women. We ain't saints.
You suggest something again? :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 13:08

Still cleaning your screen, love? :roll Well, if our men said no, we'd listen. We're not fangirls. :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 25th, '11, 13:15

Woollim+my pedo inclinations=clean screen.
PSH/KNG=clean screen.

Needless to say, my screen is always clean... :whistling:

Oh, worst kdrama ending? Hmm... Lately Miss Ripley's ending was bad, because LDH didn't get her a** kicked biig time. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 13:16

Mine is dirty. Like my mind...

And I don't know much about Ripley, but if she did something really bad (cause lying to get a job in today's society is NOT a choice, it's a must, to some degree), then yes. She deserved more ass kicking.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '11, 13:44

Heated discussion. Very interesting. :mrgreen:
Re slapping
I am all for if she slapped you, you have the right to slap her back ( if you did not want to a bigger person in there and talked the problem out with grown up discussion :mrgreen: ) and vice versa. Where I have problem is to justify slapping as main way to get the message cross without using their mouth to actually say it. And I see it a lot in Kdramas. And it's not ok for men because women do it more in dramas so we should not object if it happens once a while or she deserved to be slapped.

Maybe we need to start a new thread. Something to with pros and cons of Kdramas. Should be fun to read. 8)

vasou

Post by vasou » Sep 25th, '11, 13:52

Issy wrote: Maybe we need to start a new thread. Something to with pros and cons of Kdramas. Should be fun to read. 8)
I agree. Slapping is just of one of them.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 14:00

I can do it a bit later. "The Good, The Bad and the Weird of Kdrama". Ahahaha. In the Kdramas section, I guess. Or the KEntertainment?

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '11, 14:16

Orion1986 wrote:I can do it a bit later. "The Good, The Bad and the Weird of Kdrama". Ahahaha. In the Kdramas section, I guess. Or the KEntertainment?

:lol I actually thought of the same name too. But left it to who ever wanted to start the thread.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 25th, '11, 14:28

Topic created. Go wild. I have school work to do so will join later or tomorrow. XD