Need help to identify a Cdrama / HKdrama / TWdrama? Ask here!

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.

XplainsimpleX

Post by XplainsimpleX » Feb 3rd, '08, 14:53

i think her name is jj. she won like a cooking award in <beautiful> before.

Sak

Post by Sak » Feb 7th, '08, 01:10

She a newbie that you can see in the hilarious game show Foodie 2 Shoes as one of the assistance. No idea what her real name is but she is known as Soda in that.

pityfulblue

mysterious song please help me find out who it is

Post by pityfulblue » Feb 10th, '08, 18:46

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtho5g
please click on the link above to dl the song...it's really good xD
all i know is that the artist's initials are LZY and his name in funny chinese characters
artist name: ÁõÖÙÒÇ
album name: ºò²¹ÁµÈË
thanks for all the help xD

AznR.net

Post by AznR.net » Feb 11th, '08, 19:22

The singer's name is Liu Zhong Yi 刘仲仪 and the title of the song is 大家闺秀.

ikbenlief

Looking for an old song (in the 90's??)

Post by ikbenlief » Jan 2nd, '09, 01:09

Dear D-addicts members,

I recently remembered when I was young I used to listen to a song on KTV and I would like to request the song from you.. (or the title/singer).
In fact, I don't know/remember anything about the name of the singer or the song title...

But I will try to describe it for you:
It was a song sung in mandarin (I thought), by a chinese (taiwanese?) guy.
He was quite young (maybe teenyears or early 20) in that MV and he was rollerskating in that mv. He was just singing there while he was (roller)skating around or sumthin like that.
He looked cute that time (well... I was like 6 or 7 years old that time)... and this song must at least over 10 years old now...
I thought this song was about love or sumthin, but it has a quite happy melody (upbeat?)....

I hope this might ring a bell by someone... and that he/she at least know who the singer was or the song title. I would love to hear this again....

Thanks in advance. :)

therecanbeonlyone

what series is this song from?

Post by therecanbeonlyone » May 10th, '10, 17:54

does anyone know what series this is from....i want to download it as it look interesting. thx.

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hkpw4EO9o0&fmt=22

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » May 10th, '10, 19:53

It is not from a TV show.

The video says 诛仙2 which I assume means 夢幻誅仙2 or Fantasy Zhu Xian Online which is an online video game. The costumes and magic stuff fits that too. Zhou Xun did a MV and song to advertise for it just like Hu Ge did.

therecanbeonlyone

Post by therecanbeonlyone » May 11th, '10, 10:51

it's too bad it isn't a series. thx.

Gaby83

Can someone help me to identify this song please?

Post by Gaby83 » May 25th, '10, 06:25

Hi guys :)

I just want to know the name of the song in this video, so I can search for the lyric and translation in the net, can someone tell me?

The song is in mandarin, but the words there (I think are credits or something) are in japanese, so, maybe you can read it from there or just identify the song by listening.

Here is the video (its only 5 mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/?qan2ntremjw
Thank you very much in advance!

snow3252

Post by snow3252 » May 25th, '10, 07:16

wong lee hom: 愛錯 (i think its "wrongly loved" in english)

immo

Can anybody help me identify this TVB drama?

Post by immo » May 25th, '10, 14:19

It's an old TVB drama from Hong Kong bout a programmer that makes a game about this princess being chased by a witch.

His friend steals his idea and he gets fired.

Later that night, lightning strikes the computer his game was on and some of the characters in the game come out into the real world like the princess, the witch and the gnome.

Does anybody remember that that drama was called? I suddenly have an urge to watch it again since I watched it when I was really young...

Gaby83

Post by Gaby83 » May 25th, '10, 17:14

Wow!! I didnt't spect a reply so quickly, thank you very much! Now I can look for the lyrics, thank you snow3252 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And yes, its called Loved Wrongly (Wrong Love), that's what Google-sama says hahahaha

Kisss!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

iamhe

Can somebody help me identify song & artist?

Post by iamhe » Jun 13th, '10, 17:38

Can someone out there help ID the song's title and artist? It's an old song.

The song starts at 06:20. Thanks.

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex.do?lid=3268751&iid=17465369&cid=22

iamhe

Post by iamhe » Jun 15th, '10, 15:32

Never mind. I found it. It's 夜夜梦魂中 by Andy Hui.

dramakitty25

Anyone know the name of this series?

Post by dramakitty25 » Jun 30th, '10, 18:44

A long time ago, I watched a series about this boy who was born being unable to cry, and he lived with his mother. He was very mischievious. Anyone know a drama similar to this? :unsure:

lambchoppy

Post by lambchoppy » Jul 15th, '10, 16:16

That drama is called "Romance Beyond" or "都市的童話" with Athena Chu.

zapdos1234

Need help to identify Cdrama / TWdrama / HKdrama? Ask here!!

Post by zapdos1234 » Jul 19th, '10, 05:17

it is about 3 people destroying demons.one of the 3 person is call hao cai mei,she is in search of her mother together with 2 people witch i dont know their name. please also help me find where to watch this drama thanks

batman

Post by batman » Jul 22nd, '10, 07:20

I think you're talking about TVB's Legend of the Demigods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Demigods

See if this is what you're looking for.

green88

Post by green88 » Jul 24th, '10, 03:53

can anyone identify this drama...

i saw this drama a while ago when i was a kid.. 2005 plus/minus a few years. its about a mother that escaped china in a truck to HK with (i believe) two kids. she finds his former husband but with another wife. they have a business... and the story kinda goes on from there can't really remember.

does anyone know the title of this drama? not sure if it was a TVB

pkerdeath

Help on identifying background music of new HK drama

Post by pkerdeath » Aug 2nd, '10, 06:26

Drama name : A Pillow Case of Mystery II

Does anyone knows this background music of this

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7IKbvJs-93g/
from 00:00 to 00:57 from A Pillow Case of Mystery. Thanks v much :)

jamham

Post by jamham » Aug 27th, '10, 17:15

good movie

lingling155

Need help Identifying this series!

Post by lingling155 » Sep 12th, '10, 07:34

I've been looking for this series for the longest time and no one seems to know the name of it. I saw this series in the 90's so I only remember bits and pieces of it. It's basically a funny, vampire, love-story type of movie. It was set in modern time. The main character guy wears mostly yellow and he catches vampires. It was translated so the girl was named like lili or lyly or something. And the guy was recuiting members to fight off these vampires and basically it's just a really funny series.

kaokong

Anyone know what chinese drama is this from?

Post by kaokong » Sep 19th, '10, 01:51

Anyone know what chinese drama is this from?

http://blog.asiantown.net/-/3222/video--boy-farts-during-economic-exam-that-kil--108-s-other-students.aspx
- summery of the video in the link:
a bunch of student taking a economic exam, one guy tried to cheat by using the sound effects on his watch and it failed. So the other guy began farting like mad and using that, as a way to help the class cheat the exam.

I don't know if this is from a drama or not, but it would be really helpful to know. :)

vitamin1886

HELP !!! Anyone know the name of this song?

Post by vitamin1886 » Oct 31st, '10, 06:29

Anyone know the name of this song (Can't buy me love serie) !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3weaNJ65s
(Sry if I posted in the wrong box)
Many Thxxxxxx :thumright:

wujianhua

Chinese Soap Name Search

Post by wujianhua » Oct 31st, '10, 15:17

Hello everybody,

im new here and i hope u can help me.

sorry for my bad english.

some years ago i watched a chinese soap on the chinese tv channel, tvbs or other tvb. i dont know

it was a soap in the style of crimson sabre and condor heroes, but it was very much a men on the soap with a red face, like huang ti / guan dong.

anybody now the name of that soap, i want to watch it again so much :)

many thanks and greeting wujianhua

cim

Post by cim » Dec 8th, '10, 08:46

It must be The Grand Mansion Gate(大宅门),if you sure that series told the story about the family which run the business of chinese herb medicine.

Deleted User 248544

Please help me identify an old drama with hunchback

Post by Deleted User 248544 » Dec 29th, '10, 01:15

Hi everyone :)
I'm looking for an old chinese drama, it was shown maybe in the 80s or 90s or earlier. It was in mandarin. They all wore traditional clothes and the main guy in the show had a hunchback. He also had a wife and there was a king. He was really smart and he used this to trick people.
In one episode everyone was giving gifts to the king like jewels and gold, but he gave the king a bucket of ginger and said it looked like the kingdom with all it's mountains. In another episode he had to make a meal for the king using a specific ingredient (it kind of looked like a potato?), but he replaced it with something else that looked the same but tasted much worse.
If you know the name of this series please let me know ^^

kaxcydoodles

Please help me identify this movie!

Post by kaxcydoodles » Dec 30th, '10, 14:37

When I was in high school they showed us a chinese film about a father is living with his only child who's a boy. The child grew up believing that his mother is living abroad and he communicates with her through phone or letter not knowing that the one he's talking to is just their neighbor. Later on the father discovers that he has stomach cancer and he eventually dies.

I don't remember all the details correctly but I do remember crying so hard in this movie.

THANKYOU!

Xye

help with Historical/Wuxia drama name

Post by Xye » Mar 13th, '11, 00:43

I watched this drama some time ago, but forgot the name.

I forgot what the general story line is, but the main character is a girl. She is somehow living in the palace. There is a king involved too.

There is also another secondary character(but the main girl doesnt end up with him though), he's like the most feared martial artist/swordman at that time. He could go in/out of the forbidden palace as he pleases. At some point, the girl saves this sword guy who was injured. He's older than her by A LOT but he fell in love. She keeps calling him like big brother or something.

At the end, he has this fight with a very powerful eneuch, and dies. O_O;

I can't remember the name of this drama. help please.! It's in chinese.

djayzee

Help identify drama late90s/early00s, portrays 3 generations

Post by djayzee » May 16th, '11, 03:22

I am hoping someone can help me identify this drama because I have been searching for AGES!! I saw this drama on tv when I was really young but I have a hunch it might be a hk drama rather than mainland.

This a modern drama, not a historical one.

This drama spans maybe 20-30 years of the life of a woman from when she was a young woman to an old woman. The beginning credits scenes show the lead looking young, then she turns her head and shows a slightly older version of her, then she turned her head again and shows a really old version of her with white hair. I *think* this lead woman was portrayed by one actress. It basically chronicles her life in these different ages and later her children and grandchildren start appearing in the drama.

I think there were various conflicts having to do with family members and such.

Sorry this is a really bad description but if anyone has knowledge of dramas in the late 90s/early 2000s, please post and maybe we can figure this out together?

Thanks!!

kiwi2590

name this historical drama for me plz :)

Post by kiwi2590 » Jul 14th, '11, 06:27

Hi there!
i remember seeing a drama on tv while staying in China, but dont remember the name.
Its historical (if you didnt know already XD )
Main characters involved a guy who only knew kung fu when drunk (lol)
the king's sister who fell in love with the drunkard
Genre would be near comedy, romance and martial arts
I think it aired around 2001 - 2003? :goggle:

the only name i remember is the alcoholic guy's: TIan Chi? Tian Qiu?

the chinese character would be close to 天

I would really REALLY appreciate it if you can help me

Thanks

xploring

Post by xploring » Sep 7th, '11, 09:00

http://baike.baidu.com/view/70331.htm#9

May be this one, don't know. Search for 醉拳, that's what it's called, the drunk kung fu.

Edit: You are in luck, it has been released recently.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_98233.htm

kiwi2590

Post by kiwi2590 » Sep 20th, '11, 05:00

thanks for your link; but i dont think its the one i watched :salut:
i'll keep looking though :mrgreen:

yan_ange

Post by yan_ange » Nov 7th, '11, 10:38

Do you know the names of the actors??

Pablo12

What drama is this?

Post by Pablo12 » Nov 8th, '11, 02:26

I want to download it but I don't now the name in english
Attachments
Photo on 2011-11-07 at 20.56.jpg
Photo on 2011-11-07 at 20.56.jpg (90.41 KiB) Viewed 78088 times

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Nov 8th, '11, 03:23

It's Ruby Lin's drama Schemes of a Beauty (美人心计). http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mei_Ren_Xin_Ji

mrswaggaright

Post by mrswaggaright » Nov 30th, '11, 00:13

im looking for a drama with a single father with three kids and he is very poor and a rich girl made him her limo driver and later on ther fall inlove

mymywinn

What is this drama, please?

Post by mymywinn » Dec 18th, '11, 05:37

I’m looking for a drama that I watched when I was little, but I can’t recall the name. The only details I remember about the drama was it started off with two sisters when they were little and the mom left them unwatched for awhile. The little sister gets kidnapped by some random guy and no one helped. Then it forwards time to the future when they’re grown up. The mom eventually found the kidnapped sister and decides to take her home. So they planned out a dinner to have a welcome back thing or something like that. The little sister went into the older sister’s room to change clothing, which the older sister’s boyfriend didn’t know and thought it was his girlfriend so he back hugged her and he freaked when she turned around. The story goes on I guess with the little sister wanting to get revenge on the older sister because she had everything she couldn’t have. A boyfriend, a career, and whatnot. So the older sister’s boyfriend then had a love affair with the little sister and he eventually leaves the older sister for the little one.

So anyone know what TVB drama this is?

purple*princess

Re: What is this drama, please?

Post by purple*princess » Dec 18th, '11, 12:02

mymywinn wrote:I’m looking for a drama that I watched when I was little, but I can’t recall the name. The only details I remember about the drama was it started off with two sisters when they were little and the mom left them unwatched for awhile. The little sister gets kidnapped by some random guy and no one helped. Then it forwards time to the future when they’re grown up. The mom eventually found the kidnapped sister and decides to take her home. So they planned out a dinner to have a welcome back thing or something like that. The little sister went into the older sister’s room to change clothing, which the older sister’s boyfriend didn’t know and thought it was his girlfriend so he back hugged her and he freaked when she turned around. The story goes on I guess with the little sister wanting to get revenge on the older sister because she had everything she couldn’t have. A boyfriend, a career, and whatnot. So the older sister’s boyfriend then had a love affair with the little sister and he eventually leaves the older sister for the little one.

So anyone know what TVB drama this is?
Do you know about what year you watched it?

If it's not a TVB drama it could be this ATV drama - Central Affairs. This is the drama synopsis (http://www.spcnet.tv/ATV-TV-Series/Cent ... r2063.html) and Dramawiki link (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Central_Affairs#Season_2).

murkalo

Need help identifying series. (Found it)

Post by murkalo » Jan 27th, '12, 01:27

Hi. There's a Chinese show I saw a few years ago as a child but I don't remember the name.

It took place in traditional China, not the present. It was about a group of two or three people, two man and later a woman. They had a bag/sack that teleported them to this mountain place where a fat bald person (Budai?) lived. I think they travelled around doing exorcism or solving mysteries.

One time there was something about a mother and her child dying out in the snow. There was another scene where there was a floating chest/closet with a girl's head sticking out.
I think the beginning and ending episodes had babies that could talk. One of the last episodes had the main character trying to fen d off evil spirits and he started becoming like Budai (Fat, bigger ears)

Some of the details might be wrong. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by murkalo on Feb 27th, '12, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

scithe

Post by scithe » Feb 23rd, '12, 21:41

I don't know what this is but it sounds awesome!

murkalo

Post by murkalo » Feb 27th, '12, 22:01

Found it!

Road to Eternity staring Gordon Lam.

shuriously

Identifying an older TVB drama

Post by shuriously » Mar 26th, '12, 05:51

Hi guys, I need help remembering the name of this TV series I watched a few years ago, I don't know how old it is, maybe 10 years? I think it was a TVB series and it was in Cantonese.

There was a rich older couple in the show, and they had a few spoiled adult children. The father was a mute and confined to a wheel chair, and the wife was kind of chubby and diabetic. I think one of her sons kills her by switching her insulin pills with sugar pills. During the scene where the son does this, the father is also in the room, but the son turned him towards the window so he couldn't see. But the father is able to see whatever the son was doing b/c of the reflection. B/c the father is a paraplegic and mute, he was helpless, and his wife dies.

I'll be extremely grateful if anyone is able to tell me the name of this tv series. Thank you!

itadakiimasu

Help me find this chinese movie?

Post by itadakiimasu » Apr 18th, '12, 19:02

I'm not sure if it's Taiwanese or Chinese but it's a movie about 3 orphans who were separated and lived entirely different lives. There were 2 boys and a girl, the youngest which is the girl became a teacher and the second youngest the boy had a fiance and lived in a wealthy family but the eldest became a gangster. So the second youngest boy and youngest girl reunited and they seek their oldest brother who turned into a gangster but they found out he died in a gang fight but actually that was a lie. I hope someone can help me find it because my research is limited seeing that I can't read Mandarin nor Cantonese. :cry:
Last edited by itadakiimasu on Nov 17th, '12, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

edmundzilla

Need help in remember even the name of this drama

Post by edmundzilla » Jun 21st, '12, 15:51

Like most of these "what drama is this" posts, this is one where I was quite young and was spending my summers in Hong Kong.

The show was focused on the main actor and actress who both work for an advertising agency (I remember one scene where they both had to work really late in the office to come up with an ad to sell a certain product).

The main characteristic for the male actor is that he was very tall (for an asian man), and I remember they were saying that this guy use to be a male model.

I do not remember anything about the female actress.

The "b characters" were comprised of a male and female tandum. I believe the male's name was Leslie (the name of the character, not the actor) and he portrayed a character that loves women (if you know what I mean).

The main characteristic of the show itself was that I believe it was a mandarin speaking show (could be Taiwanese) that has been dubbed into Cantonese. The theme song sampled "Minuet in G" by Bach. where the first couple of bars were from the Minuet, and then proceeded to a more modern theme song.

I am unsure of the date of when I was watching this series, but it could be anywhere between 1999 to 2003.

Any help would be appreciated!

davidkulligan

Post by davidkulligan » Sep 11th, '12, 06:54

The Children of Huang Shi??? isn`t it?

itadakiimasu

Post by itadakiimasu » Nov 17th, '12, 05:12

davidkulligan wrote:The Children of Huang Shi??? isn`t it?
It's not, the children of huang shi movie is 2008? and I think the movie I am looking for is during the 80s or 90s.

thejephster

Help me identify this CANTONESE '90s movie! DETAILS IN POST.

Post by thejephster » Jun 30th, '13, 12:50

I think this movie came out in the late 1990s or early 2000s. I really enjoyed watching this movie as a kid and I want to rewatch this now that I am older, but nobody in my family remembers what this movie was called.

Here are some points I remember from the movie:
- Cantonese, People Actors (as opposed to cartoon)
- Modern time
- It starts off with an angel falling from the sky, his blood was blue to show he is an angel
- He falls in love with a girl who is working as an assistant in a law firm
- The girl's boss is a very successful, but rude and heartless lawyer
- The angel discovers that the girl he loves has cancer
- The angel sneaks back into Heaven to change the "lifelines" of the girl and the girl's boss
- The girl's cancer is miraculously cured, but the girl's boss suddenly gets cancer
- The girl, now that she no longer as cancer, begins to succeed as a lawyer herself, but also grows more selfish, mean, and heartless
- On the other hand, the girl's boss becomes nicer
- The last point I remember was that the girl wins a big case for one of her clients - his client was not responsible for an car accident, but the car accident actually killed her own mom

Please let me know if you can identify this movie or if you have any leads at all. My friend recommended that I check here. I will really really appreciate it!!! Been looking for this movie forever.

Thanks!!
-Jeff

Silks

Name of Chinese drama - family epic?

Post by Silks » Jul 9th, '13, 04:33

Hi! I'm a newbie who's thrilled to find this forum. I found the board through my efforts to find a show I watched a long time ago; it aired in the 90's. I'm hoping somebody will be able to identify it.

A Chinese-American guy goes back to China to connect with his roots, and the main storyline focuses on his family in the historic past. The first section is in the Qing dynasty with one of the guy's forefathers (great-grandfather?). He's in love with a girl, but is prevented from marrying her, and is forced into an arranged marriage with someone else. The wife is a "good feudal girl," but he doesn't love her and this causes difficulties. She gets pregnant and has a son. Eventually the man is able to be reunited with his first love and gets married to her as well (she becomes the second wife). This section ends with the baby's first birthday, as he crawls towards a ball and a pen/brush, and selects the pen/brush.

The second section is in the 30s with a girl violinist, but I've never seen this section; I just remember it from the credits.

Meanwhile in the present, the Chinese-American falls for a gymnast.

I would love to find this series again, soapy as it is, and watch the sections I missed.

Thanks much!

hellodrama

Help with a Drama )=

Post by hellodrama » Sep 21st, '13, 02:42

Hi Guys, i've watched a hongkong/chinese drama when i was younger and it was about a lazy spoilt rich man getting told his family is bankrupt and kicked out, he experiences alot being a bum and achieving goals and ends up a lawyer.

Does anyone know what show this is ??

aljab123

Post by aljab123 » Oct 7th, '13, 04:15

do you remember the name of any of the actors

Ciennayin

Post by Ciennayin » Feb 21st, '14, 13:53

do you know any of the actor or actress of the movie? Andy Lau or who?

ptc12

Does anyone knows what drama this is from my childhood?

Post by ptc12 » Jul 22nd, '14, 08:48

This show was a mystery/detective series that had an early 1900s setting like that of the seven sisters drama that was made in Hong Kong. This guy went around solving supernatural mysteries. It had a really eerie opening and everything. I don't remember what it's called and I hope to watch it again. Does anyone happen to know it's name? I watched it around 10+ years ago. I don't remember what language it was because it was vietnamese dubbed. It has to be a HK/Taiwan/Chinese drama for sure.

VirginGreen

Post by VirginGreen » Jul 22nd, '14, 09:00

ptc12

Post by ptc12 » Jul 22nd, '14, 09:11

Yes! It's the right one! Wow thanks for helping me find it! I knew it had "Files" in it's name. I kept thinking it was the x files but now it makes sense!

VirginGreen

Post by VirginGreen » Jul 24th, '14, 09:47

ptc12 wrote:Yes! It's the right one! Wow thanks for helping me find it! I knew it had "Files" in it's name. I kept thinking it was the x files but now it makes sense!
Glad it helped. You should indicated the "Files" as one of the words in the title too, will make it easier to search for you. This drama is great one, thats the 1st drama that I came to know Yoyo Mung, the main actress.

VirginGreen

Post by VirginGreen » Jul 24th, '14, 10:11

now I suddenly thought of one ancient drama/movie.. in Cantonese so I think is from tvb?

is about kungfu... one guy fell down from a mountain.. the deep under lived an ugly, evil guy who was forever tied up with one big stone.. he moved around with the big stone and he has good kungfu... the evil guy forced the good guy to learn his kungfu..

thats all I can remember now.. cant recall the actors/actress...
anyone can think of the name pls?
thx in advance

lavender

Re: Need help to identify Cdrama / TWdrama / HKdrama? Ask here!!

Post by lavender » Jun 20th, '15, 18:23

does anyone know where to download drama autumn concerto...??pleasee :D :D

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 4th, '15, 21:16

VirginGreen wrote:now I suddenly thought of one ancient drama/movie.. in Cantonese so I think is from tvb?

is about kungfu... one guy fell down from a mountain.. the deep under lived an ugly, evil guy who was forever tied up with one big stone.. he moved around with the big stone and he has good kungfu... the evil guy forced the good guy to learn his kungfu..

thats all I can remember now.. cant recall the actors/actress...
anyone can think of the name pls?
thx in advance
Maybe between these two... :P

1. (Drama) Ying Xiong Ben Shi / Hero 英雄本色 (2003), there's that scene you mentioned when the main actor fall deeply from a foggy mountain... but the master kungfu in the deep mountain is not evil, everyone thought that master kungfu was already dead, so no one knows the master is actually still alive and teaches his/her kungfu to the main actor :P

2. (Movie) Kung Fu Cult Master
One day, Zhang Wuji is bullied by Song Qingshu and falls off a cliff together with Xiaozhao, a girl who helped him. They meet Huogong Toutuo by coincidence and Zhang recovers from his wounds completely and learns the powerful "Nine Yang Skill" in the process. Zhang discovers later that the Shaolin Sect is plotting with five other martial arts sects to attack Bright Peak, the headquarters of the Ming Cult, where Zhang's maternal grandfather, Yin Tianzheng, is. Zhang ventures into a forbidden place on the peak and finds the "Heaven and Earth Great Shift" manual, mastering another powerful skill, and he helps the Ming Cult defeat the six sects. The cult members are grateful to Zhang and choose him to be their leader.
I think the second one fitted better with your synopsis and this movie has been aired at my country hundred times, so the story is quite fresh in my mind XD

rdelouch

Nicholas Tse MV

Post by rdelouch » Jun 20th, '16, 05:41

Hi,
I am new here. :D

I am a long time fan of Nicholas Tse :wub:
I saw his I believe MV in youtube and got curious of the story in the video - it looks really funny :mrgreen:

Can anyone please tell me the tittle of the movie/series it is from? Please <3
I am desperate to know. It looks like Raymond Wong Pak Ming is in the movie/series as well. <3

here is the link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozfvoRONsoI
Thank you all

DerangedOrange

Post by DerangedOrange » Jun 8th, '17, 17:06

Hello all! I hope you can help me.

I'm looking for a strange movie that I saw a few years ago that I really want to find again to showcase at a panel I run.

What I remember:
It is a fantasy world where women rule over men who act as their slaves.
Awesome wire-work and kick ass women
There is a male with a prophecy that he will make yin and yang equal again.
Towards the end, some of the women attempt to transform all men in the world into women. So you get bearded guys growing boobs.

I've looked just about everywhere for this movie but I can't find it again. Help would be appreciated.

devvamr

Post by devvamr » Jun 14th, '17, 21:20

Hi there, I hope you can help!

I'm looking for either a chinese or tw drama, its about 4 friends that are separated as children. Their province was being re-cultivated so all the members were people living there were kicked out. I remember the little boys parents died in an accident, he survived and was adopted. Another became an officer. I remember that they hung something up in a forest, maybe some kind of bird origami.

Please help!

Thanks!!!

devvamr

Post by devvamr » Jun 15th, '17, 17:18

Nevermind, I found it!

It's called "The New World" if anyone is interested. :D

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 7th, '17, 16:31

DerangedOrange wrote:Hello all! I hope you can help me.

I'm looking for a strange movie that I saw a few years ago that I really want to find again to showcase at a panel I run.

What I remember:
It is a fantasy world where women rule over men who act as their slaves.
Awesome wire-work and kick ass women
There is a male with a prophecy that he will make yin and yang equal again.
Towards the end, some of the women attempt to transform all men in the world into women. So you get bearded guys growing boobs.

I've looked just about everywhere for this movie but I can't find it again. Help would be appreciated.
Is it a Chinese /Cartoon/Western or ? and is it drama/movie?
Here are some that I've found :
1. Trouble in Arcadia (Animation/Cartoon)
2. Sumuru (Western)
3. America 3000 (Western)
4. Amazon Women in The Mood (Animation/Cartoon)
5. All That Glitters (Western)
6. Battle of Amazons (Animation/Cartoon)
7. Love Slaves of The Amazon (Animation/Cartoon)

Allymichii11

Help needed to find a chinese Drama

Post by Allymichii11 » Aug 1st, '19, 21:25

Hi guys im new here and im need of help. Long time ago maybe about 3 to 4 years ago i saw this Chinese drama on netflix. I forgot the name & the names of the characters. I do remember some of the plot. Its about a girl who is poor and her mother is dying. She sells stuff to get money. One day some rich beautiful girl who has reddish brown hair gives her money. The girls mom dies anyways and she swears to pay back the rich girl. Years go by and she has saved a ton of money in jars. She ended up moving in with a friend of her mothers who has a grandson i believe and he is really handsome. Later on they meet the rich girl again. I believe the first poor girl then got into working in real estate. And wishes to be rich. She cleans the house of a very Rich CEO i believe his name was "wren or ren " im not sure. But he's mean . He had a rough childhood. He saw his Dad commit suicide with his little brother . Something like that. If you guys can help me find this chinese drama i would appreciate it.

Allymichii11

Help needed to find a chinese Drama

Post by Allymichii11 » Aug 2nd, '19, 01:22

Hi guys im new here and in need of help. Long time ago maybe about 3 to 4 years ago i saw this Chinese drama on netflix. I forgot the name & the names of the characters. I do remember some of the plot. Its about a girl who is poor and her mother is dying. She sells stuff to get money. One day some rich beautiful girl who has reddish brown hair gives her money. The girls mom dies anyways and she swears to pay back the rich girl. Years go by and she has saved a ton of money in jars. She ended up moving in with a friend of her mothers who has a grandson i believe and he is really handsome. Later on they meet the rich girl again. I believe the first poor girl then got into working in real estate. And wishes to be rich. She cleans the house of a very Rich CEO i believe his name was "wren or ren " im not sure. But he's mean . He had a rough childhood. He saw his Dad commit suicide with his little brother . Something like that. If you guys can help me find this chinese drama i would appreciate it.

Allymichii11

Post by Allymichii11 » Aug 2nd, '19, 01:25

Hi guys im new here and in need of help. Long time ago maybe about 3 to 4 years ago i saw this Chinese drama on netflix. I forgot the name & the names of the characters. I do remember some of the plot. Its about a girl who is poor and her mother is dying. She sells stuff to get money. One day some rich beautiful girl who has reddish brown hair gives her money. The girls mom dies anyways and she swears to pay back the rich girl. Years go by and she has saved a ton of money in jars. She ended up moving in with a friend of her mothers who has a grandson i believe and he is really handsome. Later on they meet the rich girl again. I believe the first poor girl then got into working in real estate. And wishes to be rich. She cleans the house of a very Rich CEO i believe his name was "wren or ren " im not sure. But he's mean . He had a rough childhood. He saw his Dad commit suicide with his little brother . Something like that. If you guys can help me find this chinese drama i would appreciate it.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Help needed to find a chinese Drama

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 2nd, '19, 11:42

Yizhangege32

Tsundere bromance

Post by Yizhangege32 » Aug 20th, '19, 16:57

Dramas where the main male leads are either friends or rivals, but together...with the exception or inclusion of heroine. Male friends , and one is a tsundere esp. For his friend. And the bromantic chemistry is what I'd like to see. Plz. Thankyou.
Genre can be any but if specifics are needed, then...
Comedy
School life
Supernatural
Horror
Thriller
Suspense
Mystery (bonus)
Historical

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Tsundere bromance

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 20th, '19, 17:13

What exactly are you asking? For drama suggestions, or for a new genre to be added at DramaWiki? https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:Dramas_by_genre

Cdrama recommendations topic
Jdrama recommendations topic
Kdrama recommendations topic

Yizhangege32

Re: Tsundere bromance

Post by Yizhangege32 » Aug 22nd, '19, 12:56

Well, actually I was asking drama recs and any setting genre would do. Like Chinese, Japanese or korean. All are fine.

Johuda
United States of America

Re: Need help to identify a Cdrama / HKdrama / TWdrama? Ask here!

Post by Johuda » Aug 18th, '20, 04:38

Hi there, I am trying to find a 90s martial arts/wuxia series. I can't remember much, but the version I saw was dubbed in Vietnamese. It starts off with a hermit taking care of two orphans out in isolation. The hermit passes and they enter a city.

The girl doesn't know she is a girl for a while, but the hermit made sure that she always bathed by herself. She also finds out later that she is royalty I believe. She can eat a lot and whenever she is hungry a very distinct sound comes from her stomach. She also names herself Thong Minh (Vietnamese for clever).

I don't remember much about the boy other than the fact that the girl suggested he call himself ha cao (Vietnamese for har how) which is the first thing they ate when they entered the city. They ordered a lot and ended up having to work it off since they had no money.

That's all I can remember, I would really appreciate it if someone had any clues.

Thank you!

Kata01510
Hungary

Post by Kata01510 » Jan 14th, '21, 21:55

Hi!
I'm looking for a C-drama. The story as far as I can remember: There's a very simple girl, who has a tamagotchi, and one day she gets hired to be the personal assistent of a famous actor. This actor gets into a car accident, and his soul transfers into the girl's tamagotchi. After that, he appears as a ghost for the girl, and he can even posess her.

KellyFromHell
Great Britain

Post by KellyFromHell » Jan 21st, '21, 13:17

Hello

Those are links for drama pieces that I would like to ty to identify. I think I have now put the codes in correctly.
Hopefully people here could help with them
Thank you

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDAxNjAyMTk0NA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_2.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU0MjgwMTg0MA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_11.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ0NzAwMzAzMg==.html

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDUwMTI5MTk2OA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_22.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM1OTEyMjY4NA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_23.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDczNDY1NDY3Ng==.html?spm=a2hbt.13141534.2_1.d1_1&scm=20140719.rcmd.46309.video_XNDczNDY1NDY3Ng%3D%3D

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDkzOTk2MDg5Ng==.html?spm=a2hbt.13141534.2_1.d1_3&scm=20140719.rcmd.46309.video_XNDkzOTk2MDg5Ng%3D%3D

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ5NDg5Nzc3Mg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_37.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI3MzE1OTM0OA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_48.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDMzMDEzMDMxMg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_60.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ3ODA4MTg0NA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_55.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzc3MTg5MTQzMg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_50.dtitle

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI1MTE0NjQ4OA==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_58.dtitle

https://3g.163.com/v/video/VRIN3GOFL.html

https://3g.163.com/v/video/VRIN3GOFL.html