* English title: Heartstrings
* Previously known as: 페스티벌 / Festival
* Genre: Romance, music
* Episodes: 16
* Broadcast network: MBC
* Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-29 to TBA
* Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis

Lee Shin is a university student majoring in modern music. He is the vocalist of band "The Stupid" and also plays the guitar. He is known for his good looks and his strong passion for music, but is in reality a cold person who is uninterested in non-music related things and has no dreams nor plans for the future. Shin initially likes Jung Yoon Soo, a dance professor at university, but this all changes when he meets Lee Kyu Won.

Lee Kyu Won is a bright and outgoing student who was born into a prestigious family and is majoring in traditional Korean instruments, especially the gayageum. Kyu Won's grandfather, Lee Dong Gun, is one of the top 3 traditional musicians of his age, and his biggest wish is to have his grand-daughter trained to become a traditional music prodigy in 10 years' time. Trying to live up to her grandfather's expectations, Kyu Won immerses herself in training and becomes a university student who knows nothing besides traditional music. As Kyu Won's friends are fans of "The Stupid", she was forced to go to the band's concert with them. There she saw Lee Shin performing live, and is immediately captivated by him.

Cast

* Jung Yong Hwa as Lee Shin
* Park Shin Hye as Lee Kyu Won
* Song Chang Ui as Kim Suk Hyun
* So Yi Hyun as Jung Yoon Soo
* Kang Min Hyuk as Yeo Joon
* Woo Ri as Han Hee Joo
* Lee Hyun Jin as Hyun Ki Young
* Jang Seo Won as Yoon Soo Myung
* Shin Goo as Lee Dong Gun
* Sun Woo Jae Duk
* Lee Il Hwa
* Kim Sun Kyung

Production Credits

* Production Company: JS PICTURES
* Producer:
* Director: Pyo Min Soo
* Screenwriter: Lee Myung Sook (이명숙)

Source:http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-yong-hwa ... 29267.html
http://news.nate.com/view/20110418n06856?mid=e0101
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Festival

freack

Post by freack » May 11th, '11, 17:11

Jung Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye together after You 're beautiful...want to see their performance asap:)

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 11th, '11, 17:15

that girl from your beautiful ??..she look better with longer hair :P
and thank god no JGS in this one >_> anyway sound interesting ^^

freack

Post by freack » May 11th, '11, 17:22

ehehe yeah she was the girl in YB!
Jung Yong Hwa couldnt get the girl in Yb but it looks like he is the winner in here:=)

odessa

Post by odessa » May 17th, '11, 04:41

Anyone else thing that Jung Yong Hwa looks like that little kid that played Kim Jae Won's character in Can You Hear My Heart?

freack

Post by freack » Jun 21st, '11, 09:48

[OfficialTeaser] Heartstrings 넌 내게 반했어 [You' ve Fallen For Me]

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OVxnsU-ib-I" frameborder="0"></iframe>

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jun 21st, '11, 09:58

Can´t wait to see it!!! :wub: :wub:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 28th, '11, 02:26

I thought JGS was in this one but it looks like I have gotten wrong information from someone. It's ok I will be watching every episode regardless. :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 28th, '11, 04:08

If Shin Hye has finally learned to act different characters and Yong Hwa has learned to act, I might check it out. But I don't have high hopes.

And yes, thank goodness they didn't throw Jang Keun Suk in this as well. Poor Haneul is paying the price for it though. Poor poor Haneul.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 28th, '11, 09:04

The Big Eel will probably make a cameo in it. For the sake of fangirls.

I just wonder why (WHY??) Song Chang-ui decided to be a part of it. Maybe they wanted to have a real actor (who is btw. also a musical actor) here?

Poor, poor Haneul...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 28th, '11, 09:13

shall I watch this??? :scratch:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 28th, '11, 13:23

I don't like Park Shin Hye's acting yet. That's the main reason why I couldn't finish YB. I really hope she has improved but I will be watching for the music anyhow. The trailer looks fairly decent.

freack

Post by freack » Jun 28th, '11, 20:55

well i hope i wont get disappointed like in Lie to me in general:/

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 2nd, '11, 02:02

Well, so far it's okay. Still needs more time to build up. The music is cool though. PSH and JYH can sing :)

Lee Shin doesn't seem so bad. He has a star attitude, but I guess it's hard not to get annoyed at fangirls who keep harassing him. So many girls asking him out for his appearance rather than himself and girls stalking him. It's rather annoying. I guess you either turn them down flat or else they'll constantly haunt you until you give in and date them.

Kyu Won needs to develop some spine and stand up to her grandfather though. He's a totalitarian.

On another note. Kang Min Hyuk's character is funny ^^; No one seems to recognize him in school as the drummer of Stupid :lol I wonder if he'll gain a lot of weight after finishing this drama.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 5th, '11, 16:21

I agree the music is pretty good. It's kind of draggy but it's still early so hoping it gets better :-)

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 7th, '11, 01:33

I'm surprised how much I'm liking this drama. I mean, it's not mind-blowing or anything, but it's pretty cute and I don't find anyone particularly annoying, which is always a plus. The music is definitely the selling point for me, I enjoy fusion music a lot.
I've watched two episodes so far and it's building up nicely. I think Shin Hye and Yong Hwa have nice chemistry together, and the rest of the cast is good too. Shin Hye does seem a bit similar in all of her roles, but she's not entirely bad, and Yong Hwa has come far from YAB. He's not the best when it comes to "big emotions", but he shines when he needs to be subtle. Not sure if that's his fault as an actor, I think Korean rom-coms are usually just a bit over-acted no matter who the actor/actress is.

seirin, I'm totally loving Min Hyuk, too! :) He's pretty cute, and I love how he's hungry all. the. time. and calls everyone hyungs and unnis! If he'll fall in love with me, I'll buy him any food he wants, haha!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 7th, '11, 05:44

SSpiegel wrote:I'm surprised how much I'm liking this drama. I mean, it's not mind-blowing or anything, but it's pretty cute and I don't find anyone particularly annoying, which is always a plus. The music is definitely the selling point for me, I enjoy fusion music a lot.
I've watched two episodes so far and it's building up nicely. I think Shin Hye and Yong Hwa have nice chemistry together, and the rest of the cast is good too. Shin Hye does seem a bit similar in all of her roles, but she's not entirely bad, and Yong Hwa has come far from YAB. He's not the best when it comes to "big emotions", but he shines when he needs to be subtle. Not sure if that's his fault as an actor, I think Korean rom-coms are usually just a bit over-acted no matter who the actor/actress is.

seirin, I'm totally loving Min Hyuk, too! :) He's pretty cute, and I love how he's hungry all. the. time. and calls everyone hyungs and unnis! If he'll fall in love with me, I'll buy him any food he wants, haha!
He'll eat you into the poor house and you'll have a snowball of credit card debts :lol
JYH is pretty cool. I agree he's not into big emotions, but that's what I like about him. He's subdued and cool. He definitely doesn't do any over acting. It doesn't hurt that he's hot looking too ^^; The story needs to move a bit faster though I think. The pace seems a bit slow. Not much seems to happen in an episode. The could have build up a bit more about the children's parents relationship and Lee Shin and his dad's relationship. I just hope they don't go at such a slow pace and then rush everything in the end trying to explain everything and tying everything together. It's sloppy.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 7th, '11, 13:28

^ I'm already practically bankrupt with my student loans and a huuuuge credit card bill. At least I'd be bankrupt with a cute guy by my side, haha!

I don't find the start that slow, tho. Maybe because usually I'm frustrated that the set-up is too quick and then we spend a million episodes going back and forth, on and off. I think enough has happened in just two episodes, but that might be just me! I do think that Korean dramas have some pacing issues, usually it's either a rushed ending or an ending that just drags on. We'll see how this one turns out.
I do quite like JYH, too. I'm a bit on the fence with his looks, but he was quite charming when I saw him live. I think he's one of those people who have a great stage presence, so he needs to be performing somehow to bring out the best in him.
Overall, I'm happy how this is going so far. I've watched enough dramas to be quite picky now, so I just coldly chuck stuff away if I don't absolutely love it. That's why I'm so surprised I don't have a bad thing to say about this drama right now. But I'm sure that'll change soon, haha!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 7th, '11, 15:15

Maybe it's personal taste. I think JYH is pretty cool looking. When he plays his guitar though, he looks awesome :) I get wowed at his skills ^^;

I find many Korean dramas are slow at the beginning and need time to gather momentum. The only ones that I find have fast pace are action dramas. They hit to the point in second episode if not first episode and it's bam bam bam. Something always happens in every episode. Melodramas tend to be a bit slow. I just hope they don't do many sappy crying scenes. So far it's just the fallen dancer crying. I know it's self pity, but she really needs to move on or else she'll get stuck in the rut forever.

I don't know why the drummer boy even likes the anorexic girl. She's so full of herself even though there's no guy chasing or harassing her :lol Lee Shin, I can understand his arrogance. He's a girl magnet. I don't know who I would pair the drummer boy with though. I don't particularly like any of the girls shown so far.

BTW Lee Shin kind of reminds of Hanazawa Rui in HYD. Rui also had a crush on an older female. But she turned him down. So he chased Makino. Too bad Makino chose Domyouji. At least Lee Shin has a chance with Lee Kyu Won..

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 9th, '11, 18:14

I've watched up till episode 4, and if it continues on like it is...i'll definatly finish it. I was kinda in the mood for something a little lighter since watching city hunter (though i'm throughly enjoying that as well).

JYH is mostly hot for me, but he really shines when he performs. I hope to eventually see a duet with those two, they do have great chemistry. I actually really liked his character in You're Beautiful - so i'm glad to see him as a main lead.

The only thing i have bad to say is Shin Hye's characters skirts...omg! Is this suppose to be because her grandfather wants here to be feminine or something? I'm hoping this gets better...because it'd be kinda laughable for someone like JYH to like her as she is... Just sayin'.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '11, 00:19

Lee Kyu Won is brought up as a traditional girl. So she's not gonna dress fashionably. I don't see her changing her style since she's not into fashion. It would be weird if she changes suddenly. Maybe near the end like Grease ^^

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 10th, '11, 13:31

Haha..not so much fashionably. I understand she was brought up as a proper girl....It's just some of the skirts she wears...wow :D It's gotten better since she started wearing stuff to dance in.

vella

Post by vella » Jul 10th, '11, 15:01

Lludara wrote:Haha..not so much fashionably. I understand she was brought up as a proper girl....It's just some of the skirts she wears...wow :D It's gotten better since she started wearing stuff to dance in.
Haha I also agree with the skirt thing. Seriously, she is not that tall and wearing long heavy cotton skirt. Doesn't she feel hot and uncomfortable? It's summer in Korea anyway.

I also agree with all of you, at first the drama started a bit slow but still ok. I manage to watch ep1 and 2 mostly because of silly Jun Hui (His character is so cute~) and the music (Nice~). I started to like the plot after the 3rd ep.. and the ending of the 4th ep was really taking my breath away, I was like NO!!! Lol. If they keep putting surprise like this, I won't be disappointed.
Was it YongHwa 1st on screen Kiss? O.O
Ooo yeah I'm C.N.Blue fan so Yong Hwa + Min Hyuk is a bonus..hehe :P

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 17th, '11, 17:06

I watched the last two episdes (up to 6 now).

I really hope the series starts moving a bit quicker...if it doesn't start soon it's going to make me loose interest.
I mean really, I know he's in love with his teacher and stuff...but they keep having her go back to him. Hopefully episode 7 will be more interaction with the 2 main leads. There is 10 episodes left to make him fall for her, and to me it seems a long way to fall right now, lol! That's just my take on it.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 17th, '11, 20:44

I think Lee Kyu Won is finally realizing her feelings for him at the end of ep 6. She's been denying it for 6 episodes. My guess on it is that once she realizes it. She will either stop following him around or else risk blowing her cover on her own feelings towards him and have him totally reject her. Or she will actively pursue him upon her father's suggestion. "Don't let go or else you'll regret it later".

This is probably Shin's turn around as well, where he lets go of his crush and move on.
If he's still into her after this episode, then the ballerina will end up being the female lead and have two guys chasing her LOL

I don't know how they're gonna write Shin's change of heart and start liking Kyu Won without writing him too shallow like "I'll fall for the next girl who comes my way since the girl I like dumped me". With the build up pace, maybe they won't end up liking each other until the final episode. In which case, I would prefer the writers focus on the play instead for the next few episodes. I don't even know what to say about Shin's mother. She's not doing any parental duties at all. She doesn't teach her children manners nor does she tell her kids anything.
Shin was never told who his real father was. He guessed. She didn't even tell him whose funeral he was attending. He had to show up to find out.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 19th, '11, 02:32

Just caught up with this drama and its not that bad. Yeah its your average, light kinda dramas but I'll continue watching it. I think Yong Hwa is actually getting better in his acting for this drama but as for Shin Hye....doesnt her acting seem similar to YAB but just stop tripping and pouting for pete sake!

Im loving the traditional music and instruments being played in this drama. Ever since I watched Chuno I love hearing this type of music. I think I'll start looking around for videos of this type of music playing...the gayageum-i think thats right. But for my sister who hated the YAB ending and already knows she is going to love this one keeps wondering why Lee Shin's band is called "The Stupids" :clap:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 19th, '11, 02:38

Maybe they named the group after the drummer :lol

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 19th, '11, 03:20

PSHs character is so damn annoying. Has the woman absolutly no selfrespect? YHs character tells her every 2 minutes, that he would never like her and that she should get lost, but she clings to him like a lost puppy. And at the moment he kisses the teacher she acts like he cheats on her....
YHs character isn't better. He tells every girl, thats its pathetic to cling to him and confess their love, but as for himself, hes doing the same with the teacher. This is just hypocrisy. Ok this is perhaps something the writers wanted to express and send the message that the human kind is full of hypocrisy...but its still annoying.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 19th, '11, 11:00

esmer86 wrote:Just caught up with this drama and its not that bad. Yeah its your average, light kinda dramas but I'll continue watching it. I think Yong Hwa is actually getting better in his acting for this drama but as for Shin Hye....doesnt her acting seem similar to YAB but just stop tripping and pouting for pete sake!
I've seen only 3 episodes so far but I had the same thoughts. Acting is pretty bad and story is so predictable but somehow I still find myself watching it. Music is definitely a big plus. I don't see any difference between Shin Hye's characters in YAB and here... that pouting every 5 min is REALLY annoying. Maybe it would be time for her to move on and start acting and not just looking "cute". And Min Hyuk... he's cute guy but his character looks and acts like a moron when he has eyeglasses on and no, I don't find it cute. He's more annying than cute. I don't even see why he likes the anorectic girl, to me she looks sick. Yong Hwa is actually decent but I feel that his character is a bit soulless like it was in YAB too.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 19th, '11, 18:03

I have the same opinion. This drama gives me the feeling, that its a spinoff of YAB. But imo YHs character is a little bit better, than the mainleat from YAB.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 19th, '11, 21:58

Silverman wrote:
PSHs character is so damn annoying. Has the woman absolutly no selfrespect? YHs character tells her every 2 minutes, that he would never like her and that she should get lost, but she clings to him like a lost puppy. And at the moment he kisses the teacher she acts like he cheats on her....
YHs character isn't better. He tells every girl, thats its pathetic to cling to him and confess their love, but as for himself, hes doing the same with the teacher. This is just hypocrisy. Ok this is perhaps something the writers wanted to express and send the message that the human kind is full of hypocrisy...but its still annoying.
I don't think she realizes she likes him. She keeps saying she doesn't like him. As for Lee Shin telling her to go away every two minutes. That's not really true. He calls her to run errands and do stuff for him cuz she's his slave. So she has to do his bidding. In the process, she gets to know him a bit more and realizes he's not really such a bad guy she had thought him to be from first impression. I think she finally realizes her feelings at the end of episode 6.

The story is about youth and falling in love. If you've never been in love before, chances are you wouldn't know it even if it hit you in the face like how Kyu Won is acting now. Also Lee Shin doesn't dislike Kyu Won. If he did, he wouldn't let her hang around him. He yells at times and tells her to go away because she's telling him to face reality which he already knows but doesn't want to face. When you're heart broken, it's hard to be nice to someone who's pointing out the cold hard facts. You want to bite back and tell them to go away. She should give him some space for him to recover, but I guess she's not sensitive enough to realizes he needs time. She's too concerned he's hurt and wants to help him get over it.

Lee Shin tells girls off because he thinks they only like him for his looks so he pushes them away. However he believes himself with the teacher not for her looks but for herself, which is different in his view. If he liked her only for her looks, then that would be hypocritical. I believe his feelings for the teacher is sincere. She's just not interested. Lee Shin is right about the other girls. They are only interested in his looks. If he was ugly and not part of a popular band, they would ignore him.

I find it amusing when the two bicker though. They're like grade school kids fighting. He keeps daring her to bring out the best in her. Like making her practice for the competition. Rock vs Traditional music. He also got her to practice singing when she thought she couldn't do it and considered dropping out. It seems he's the only one who can bring out the best in her.

thuggie8

Post by thuggie8 » Jul 20th, '11, 07:20

I don't think she realizes she likes him. She keeps saying she doesn't like him. As for Lee Shin telling her to go away every two minutes. That's not really true. He calls her to run errands and do stuff for him cuz she's his slave. So she has to do his bidding. In the process, she gets to know him a bit more and realizes he's not really such a bad guy she had thought him to be from first impression. I think she finally realizes her feelings at the end of episode 6.

The story is about youth and falling in love. If you've never been in love before, chances are you wouldn't know it even if it hit you in the face like how Kyu Won is acting now. Also Lee Shin doesn't dislike Kyu Won. If he did, he wouldn't let her hang around him. He yells at times and tells her to go away because she's telling him to face reality which he already knows but doesn't want to face. When you're heart broken, it's hard to be nice to someone who's pointing out the cold hard facts. You want to bite back and tell them to go away. She should give him some space for him to recover, but I guess she's not sensitive enough to realizes he needs time. She's too concerned he's hurt and wants to help him get over it.

Lee Shin tells girls off because he thinks they only like him for his looks so he pushes them away. However he believes himself with the teacher not for her looks but for herself, which is different in his view. If he liked her only for her looks, then that would be hypocritical. I believe his feelings for the teacher is sincere. She's just not interested. Lee Shin is right about the other girls. They are only interested in his looks. If he was ugly and not part of a popular band, they would ignore him.

I find it amusing when the two bicker though. They're like grade school kids fighting. He keeps daring her to bring out the best in her. Like making her practice for the competition. Rock vs Traditional music. He also got her to practice singing when she thought she couldn't do it and considered dropping out. It seems he's the only one who can bring out the best in her.
Some wonderful points you made .. and would love to expand on some of them ...

- What's better than being young and falling in love? They manage to bring these themes out wonderfully thru the music in this series. You can see KY fall for LS thru his music and performances. It might start out as a fan who is just watching their idol sing, but KY doesn't. And when you see her watch him play, its as if she knows what he is feeling when he plays. Other may see him shredding the guitar and playing a cool piece, but through KY's eyes, it's something different. She feels his emotions thru his music and thus starts falling for him ... and the same can be said for LS ... a guy who is cool, calm, and collected, he likes to keep KY around. But definitely respects her abilities in performing her music. He is moved by her emotions as well if not, he wouldn't insult her and compare her to other girls. He knows that that it will definitely drive KY to become better ...

- Their bickering is so adorable! It definitely is a fun thing to watch. She's almost too naive while he's so calm about things, that when these two opposites collide, fireworks are abound! Like the last scene in the first episode ... that was great. And kudos JYH and PSH for bringing these two opposites alive.

- With the end of episode 6, we know how KY feels .. and I really hope we get to see LS start to chase KY around soon cause I really want to see these together for a couple of episodes, preferably filled with cute dating scenes. Hahaha ... though I have a feeling, we'll see a parallel to the director/professor storyline, where one of them is offered an amazing opportunity and is forced to choose between their significant other or their dream. So if that's the case, we better get some adorable dating scenes ...

- Just wanted to gush about the music in this drama ... it's freaking awesome! Love the music in this ... even the tradition instrumental pieces! The songs are great and definitely highlights everyone's musical talents! Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs as the series progresses .. :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 20th, '11, 17:26

ep 7 seems pretty amusing ^^; Back to grade school crushes and teasing.
It's funny how Kyu Won keeps walking in wrong direction acting like she's okay and not interested. Kind of like when he moved next door and she waits outside pretending she's not waiting but walks off in the wrong direction :lol This episode she walks off again in the wrong direction to the library. She's avoiding him hanging out with him now, but he keeps hanging around her. She's probably feeling uneasy being around him cuz she realizes she likes him. But I wonder if he realizes he's wreaking havoc on her emotions by sticking around her all the time.

I love the teasing. It's cute too how he looks like he's helping her stand up, but he asks for her instrument instead :lol

On another note, they seem to be promoting C.N. Blues a lot in this episode. They played a lot of their music.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 22nd, '11, 15:55

I really liked episode 7 ... it was very cute. Much more closer to what I was hoping.
I think he knows he's making her nervous.... I think saying he likes her would be too much. I think maybe she amuses him more like it, and possibly is starting to see her through her own love of traditional music. And the scene at the end with her singing? I think he starts to see HER for the first time... and she chooses to go home with the teacher? Lol... looks like he's gonna be annoyed kinda like she was with his liking the teacher.

Somehow I see the performance being split and gyu won playing the lead with him... that would totally be winner!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 22nd, '11, 16:21

Lludara wrote:
Somehow I see the performance being split and gyu won playing the lead with him... that would totally be winner!
If it happened like that, what would happen to Ki Young? O_o The other director doesn't like him.

toshisatellite

Park Shin Hye in Car Accident

Post by toshisatellite » Jul 22nd, '11, 23:02

News states that Park Shin Hye was in an accident :-( and thus delaying the airing of episode 8 of Heartstrings just when things get interesting... hopefully she can make a speedy and healthy recovery so that we addicts could enjoy the drama next week.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 25th, '11, 02:31

OMO....I actually have two of their song stuck in my head! :goggle: I was actually kinda upset that their was only one episode this week, totally understandable, but this drama has me feeling like I want more. I just hope they dont put too much into the Director and Lee Kyu Won relationship...as in the him falling for her. That will be kinda weird for me but I do hope Lee Shin does suffer a bit of jealousy :P I guess we are just gonna have to wait and see where they are going with this, I hope not an extension. 16 episodes is enough for this drama. :whistling:

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jul 25th, '11, 18:49

Honestly Seirin...I have no idea where they are going with Ki Young....I guess maybe to make Lee shin jealous? Of course..we DO need a 3rd love interest....

I honestly had forgotten about him when i posted that! Ha....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 25th, '11, 23:45

Lludara wrote:Honestly Seirin...I have no idea where they are going with Ki Young....I guess maybe to make Lee shin jealous? Of course..we DO need a 3rd love interest....

I honestly had forgotten about him when i posted that! Ha....
Nope. No need for third love interest. It would just complicate things and create heartache for the second character. Kyu Won solely likes Shin. And Shin seems to start having feelings for Kyu Won. Good enough for me. As for Ki Young. I have no idea how he fits into everything. He's hardly on screen much except for a few minutes per episode. He has zero interaction with Kyu Won. They only meet briefly when they performed. I don't even think Ki Young knows of Kyu Won's existence. Drummer boy vs Hee Joo vs Ki Young triangle I can see. Drummer boy is already getting jealous ^^;

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 29th, '11, 01:02

^ I think there's more to Ki Young and Hee Joo than the drama has led us to believe. I mean, Hee Joo seems like she's almost personally offended that Ki Young walked out before. Maybe he was the hot shot of the school before Lee Shin and before quitting. Maybe Hee Joo liked him? I dunno, it would just feel odd if he had no romantic relation to anyone at all.

Episode 8
for the first time I felt really sorry for Hee Joo. She's worked so hard and even keeps starving herself to death, but she'll never know whether she's appreciated for her talent, or for being in relation with someone influental. I understand Director's feelings as well, tho, you can't succeed just by working hard, you have to be able to move people, be likeable. She was finally being really cute with Drummer boy, so maybe, would it be realistic to think of a happy ending for them...? :)
Kyu Won's relationship with Lee Shin is progressing well. I was just really annoyed they had to use something stupid like that as a plot device. Falling down the stairs? Really? Ugh.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 29th, '11, 04:27

SSpiegel wrote:
Episode 8
Falling down the stairs? Really? Ugh.
That wasn't the original script. They change the script to accommodate Shin Hye because she got into an accident. I kind of wonder what the original script was suppose to be.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 29th, '11, 10:45

^ Oh right! I, of course, thought they weren't stupid enough to actually film episodes, like, a week before airing. Serves them right, I guess. :P Changed or not, it was soooo stupid. I wonder if they could've come up with something better (and what the original script was like).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 29th, '11, 13:05

SSpiegel wrote:^ Oh right! I, of course, thought they weren't stupid enough to actually film episodes, like, a week before airing. Serves them right, I guess. :P Changed or not, it was soooo stupid. I wonder if they could've come up with something better (and what the original script was like).
Well, it's not out of the ordinary. Like Shin told her grandfather. It was his fault. KW was already nervous around him. And he kept following her. So when he came out to wish her happy birthday, I guess she was in a daze and missed a step. If there was a telephone pole there, she could have hit that too :lol

Maybe that's what led to the scene where he asks her "don't stop liking me". It might be because he thinks she's nervous around him when she's trying to put up a front.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Aug 3rd, '11, 23:16

I just watched Episode 9. I really am looking forward to the next few episodes.

I wondering if he's trying to figure out if he likes her or he just can't muster up the strength to tell her he likes her. I mean...he flat out had no problems telling the teacher he liked her, so the second doesn't even really feel like it's an option.

Although i can tell they changed the plotlines for episode 8 (because of the whole her being in the hospital thing) - I think they did a pretty good job with what they were given.

I actually ended up watching 8 & 9 before I finished up City Hunter, lol.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Aug 13th, '11, 01:51

Hahahah.... Just watched up through 13.

Lee Shin was so cute these past few episodes with Gyu Won.

However... (about episode 13)
Not sure how I feel about the end of episode 13. Part of me thinks it's awesome that she could that heartless, then part of me hopes that Lee Shin lays into her and makes her realize how big of a mistake that was.
Oh well, I can't wait for the last 3 episodes and I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Aug 14th, '11, 00:19

Its just 2 episodes, not 3. Well at least i think so.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 14th, '11, 01:55

Yup. Only 2 episodes left. last one got canned. :( But at least the actors won't have to kill themselves more than they already are just to film the extra episode in such a short span of time.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Aug 15th, '11, 19:01

Dot.. was kinda wondering about that... but oh well, guess it makes sense.

Secret_Symphony

Post by Secret_Symphony » Aug 14th, '13, 20:30

I just finished this one and it was very cute! Definitely a favorite. I loved the leads, the music and the story overall. I did feel the last, two episodes were a little slow and just to show what happens to everyone a year later, but the ending still made me happy :)