So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 8th, '11, 22:05

Jubies33, actually, I started What Happened in Bali few days ago. At first it was quite boring and so on. But later it did get better. I'm now at 17th episode and I do like it, and quite a lot, actually.

And I have downloaded Which Star You Are From? and I'm planing on watching it right after What Happened in Bali.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 8th, '11, 23:59

I stoped everything and focused on Queen Seon Duk. My first real historical drama except ljimae and I love it. I'm on 11 episode, she is still soldier but Mishil is giving me enough entertainment in political area. This is exactly the plot which can keep me before screen, enemies are powerful, inteligent and have their merits, power is balanced and this time famale main character is not enoying me ( her sister a little so I wait for her death, just a few more episodes I understand?). And so far no romance to distract me, pure adrenaline :w00t: . And the way every episode is ending? cruel, just cruel! I had not proper sleep in few days and work is killing me as well. I only wonder if Yusin knows that she is women or he just feel responsible as part of princes request... :scratch: . Generaly great drama but will take a lot of time to finish (and load ghrrr!) But worth my time I think and I learned a bit about history as well. Fortress conquer was made rather well the same for battle in river. And they made it natural she is not some Wonder Woman here.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 9th, '11, 04:29

nellets...to each their own? Glad you're enjoying it now. I watched it for ji sung and so ji sub mmm.. hehe. I just couldn't stand the lead female character. Like make up your friggin mind already was how I felt almost the whole time. It did have it's good moments though. For some reason i can forgive male characters for this more than females(gee i wonder why?).

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 9th, '11, 09:14

I just started watching The World That They Live In
Im only on episode 1 but the main couple look adorable ( i love spoilers and cant watch a drama without knowing which couple is endgame ... Hence i hate watching dramas that are still airing unless the couple is cannon )

Its the first time i've ever watched a drama where its not about the couple getting together its about them building thier relationship so i love it even more

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 9th, '11, 19:34

currently I'm watching

What happened in Bali- I started watching it because of Ha Ji Won I'll probably finish it because of her as well even if I already know I don't like the ending

Que Sera Sera- I find it boring through the first 5 episodes but from the previews it looks like the interesting part is about to start

Sign- I didn't really like the first two episodes but it's been good since 3

White Tower- it's interesting enough

Coffee House- it's funny and Ham Eun Jung as Kang Seung Yeon is adorable

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 9th, '11, 20:11

Just popping up to say hi and warn that tomorrow's Twinkle Twinkle will be much later than today's. Life - this bit... I mean Forbidden Word!

Talking about week drama:
And I have to say that I'm more interested in Midas right now (hell, with Minwu as well, his character is really nice), because I can clearly see where Royal Family is going. Plus, in RF there is only one character, Uhm Ki Do, that is really interesting. The level of suspense and emotions are dangerously close to Kim Takgu... So yes, Midas is more to my taste.
And I dropped The Duo, it's all Chun Jung Myung's fault... it's just...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 9th, '11, 20:17

Sajen16 wrote:currently I'm watching

What happened in Bali- I started watching it because of Ha Ji Won I'll probably finish it because of her as well even if I already know I don't like the ending

Que Sera Sera- I find it boring through the first 5 episodes but from the previews it looks like the interesting part is about to start

Sign- I didn't really like the first two episodes but it's been good since 3

White Tower- it's interesting enough

Coffee House- it's funny and Ham Eun Jung as Kang Seung Yeon is adorable
What Happened in Bali, quite interesting but boring at the same time. I like the Ost song "Remember", though.

Sign - for the first 6 episodes I was barely awake. Then it started to get interesting.

Que Sera Sera - yep, the first part is slow but then it picks up. I liked it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 9th, '11, 21:12

Yet again another clash of tastes between me and E-chan. I can swear I had the same thoughts you have about RF with Midas. I find myself yawning almost in every ep. Well, it's a matter of taste after all. :mrgreen:

ps. Minwu is the reason I am keeping Midas on to watch list too. otherwise, all those money/business/shares talk is making me sleepy. My brain can't process those infos. :P
hey E-chan, just found something in common. Min Woo :cheers:

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Apr 10th, '11, 01:57

I'm watching
can you hear my heart - so far not bad.
I like the kids version of the main characters. They are super cute together. I doubt the pairing of Kim Jae Won + Hwang Jung Eun can be as cute as the kids.

Midas - ep 9 and 10 is really boring.But 11,12,13 seems to get back to how i used to like it again. I hate to see Do Hyun fail.

Crime Squad - i hate the romance(this drama will be better without the reporter,his exwife should be the main character) but i like other parts. It will be great if the main character ends up with his ex-wife.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 10th, '11, 10:51

I wanted more body-switching...and ended up watching "Who are you" which is not bad...but somehow I expected more!
Too many plot ambitions...and the dad is over the top. I hope this is not what passes for funny in Korea...he soo is not.

I'm halfway tru....

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 10th, '11, 19:59

What Happened in bali - finished. The ending was just wrong. Dumb ending anyhow...

Tomorrow I'll start Which Star Are You From?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 11th, '11, 16:36

Which star are you from?! I still haven't managed to finish it, been lying around on my HD for months now...I love KRW and PSH...but drama just bored me more and more with each ep...hope you'll like it better^^

Liking Perfect Neighbor for no obvious reason - it's nice light entertainment after a busy day.
Stuck at ep 10 with Midas...gonna wait for a couple of more eps to be released...
49 Days...still waiting for something to finally happen ;)

Dropped the Duo, too...just don't have enough time for all these drama

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 11th, '11, 18:51

Which star are you from 1st ep is quite boring, imho. Watching it now and nothing interesting happens,

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 11th, '11, 22:39

I absolutely loved 'the World they Live In'. It was an interesting story and I really enjoyed the backstage story in the making of a TV show. The main couple was charming and Hyun Bin is always just so good. Natural kind of actor. However, I found the love story of the second lead with the newbie actress to be much deeper and heart warming. I would definitely watch this again. I may have the DVD in fact. It was sometime ago I saw it on TV.

Did not watch 'Bali'. despite the fact I admire Jisub. It sounded so grim and nasty.

Which Star are you From...Yes I watched and thoroughly enjoyed Kim Rae Won. He can do no wrong in my eyes. Do not like the actress and did not care for the way she tackled her role. However I have to admit that I did enjoy the drama just for KRW.

White Tower is good. I liked the Japanese version more but the Korean one which came later is still a good drama. In fact a very good drama. Great cast.

I dropped 'Sign' Not really a subject which hooked me. also I did not recognize
PYH (?) as he seemed older and very solid in appearance. Used to really admire him but he was away too long.

QSD. Well this was Misil's drama I think. Such acting and such evil intentions are always attractive. Of course once we got the amoral Bidam the drama livened up once more and he really saved the day. The actress who played the Queen was like mashed potatoes for me. No real fire and no honest emotions with the men she inspired. Why did they go crazy over her? Kim Nam Gil fitted his role so well that he later wished he had not played in the drama. Every one loved him and now only thinks of him as Bidam. He is an actor who can play any role and HAS done just that. He will have to live down the success with Bidam and it is a good thing he has time out in the military I think.

Midas has not come my way yet. But I will try it just for Jang Hyuck.

Right now I am up to my chin in 'Flames of Desire' What a drama. No... a real 'mellerdrammer'.!!! I like it so much and want to know what will happen but I wish it would go on for another twenty episodes at least.

OK my tuppence worth...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '11, 13:38

Peggy!!! :heart:

Issy - I guess only Minwu is something we can share, keke... yes...

I'm re-watching (in one day) Seongkyunkwan Scandal. For research purposes. Seriously.
I love my job.
See you all in few days!!
:heart:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 13:52

We're about to start When it's at night. And I'm consireding Dr.Champ. Because of Uhm Tae Woong. And possibly something else too. We'll see.

P.S: Ecchan, you must be suffering right now. SKKS in one day. Oh the nosebleeds. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '11, 14:01

*Please leave the message. Contact temporary unavailable*

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 12th, '11, 14:33

Ethlenn wrote:Image

It's not the curse of SKKS but Yucheon (or what ever his name is) E-chan. it would be totally different story of he was not the male lead. as I recall reading your first posts in SKKS thread :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '11, 14:35

True.
But did you read my 3-fold huge review of SKKS? Yucheon was the beginning, yes, I admit, but then... then... :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 12th, '11, 15:00

Ethlenn wrote:True.
But did you read my 3-fold huge review of SKKS? Yucheon was the beginning, yes, I admit, but then... then... :wub:
sorry, I only trust unbiased reviews. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '11, 16:06

Ouch, that hurt...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 16:12

It seems our reviews are not good enough for Issy. Let's block her from our blogs and bash her like the western baddies we are. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '11, 16:32

Nah, I'm interested only in bashing innocent Korean girls, muwahahaha!!
oops, forgot about sarcasm tags.

Damn, I dropped Crime Squad too...

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 12th, '11, 16:50

you evil ... B.... Beings :P
I guess there is no unbiased reviews. there must something there to have attracted your attention in the first place and this on its own is some kind of biasness (hahah, I invented a word :P )
I have to be honest, I only follow reviews that have some sort of biasness in common. :whistling:
I guess I will dropping Crime Squad even before starting it. read some eps synopsis and seen the poster, I don't think is up to my taste.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 12th, '11, 21:16

Ethlenn wrote:Image

Omo we lost her...let's pray she'll make it back sane :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 21:30

Well, she'll make it back alright. But we might have to spam her with the creep and the forbidden word to get her out of the gutter.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 13th, '11, 16:49

Finished 'Who are you' and after the end played, I felt Secret Garden-y all over.
In a sense that I felt there was still something lacking. One example:

The Bad guy was forgiven murder because...he was hot...lol that one made me laugh all night.

I liked the Cast. They were warm, charming and decent (pretty) enough. Was kinda sad seeing late Lee Eon again.

The Dad was over-acting and all in all there were rather some really poor attempts at plot. Not to mention inflated. It almost had all besides cancer.

A little more focus and a narrower plot and this Drama would've rocked.

Oh, and Loveholic magicked some really good tunes...again.

Not gonna watch it again...anytime soon. Am I getting pickier or do the dramas get shallower?

Hmmm...what to take next?

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 14th, '11, 01:05

Just finished Invincible Lee Pyung Kang, like whenever i start a kdrama i really struggle to start it, so i had it on my hd for a year lol.

My expectations were really low so probably that's why i enjoyed it more, sure it was so overacted at times and tried so hard to be funny in some scenes where it wasn't necessary, but that was meant to be done that way so no complains.

P.S. Really liked how Nam Sang Mi looked in her past life in the show :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 14th, '11, 09:53

"on mission" (I love how my company is callin it) so not much time to watch anything :-(
Still with Queen DS but not so impressed any more, they slowed plotting to started romance and it is not helping to keep my interest. Right now I'm on Evil exConcubine side. Genious in politics, master of manipulation and understanding of human nature - what else to say? I understand that royal family must be put as holly and all but from my point of view it seems that she was the one who kept it all together while current so called king is week and maybe no plain stupid but not clever enough person, not fit for throne at all. Her minister of war or defence is equaly great strategist and worrior so its a bit difficult to not take their side for now. I will see how it wil progress. Like Yushin enough but characters on so called good side are a bit too simple for me. Hope it will change as future queen start her way to throne, this must require dirty politics - something I like to see in work 8)
A bit on NTOG - but disappointed in my favorite so far male
Midas - finance world is so exciting! ..Min Wo even more :whistling:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 14th, '11, 18:52

This week I've been very, very busy. I'm still in early episodes of Which Star You Are From. I don't really remember what happened there. ;D I'd say it's a bit boring.

Anyhow, today I found some time and watched 2Days 1Night with Uhm TaeWoong. I feel like watching The Devil, Resurrection and Stranger Than Paradise again. Maybe not the last one, but The Devil and Resurrection definitely. Huh, maybe later, when I have time.

DarX-S0ul

Post by DarX-S0ul » Apr 14th, '11, 19:07

I just finished watching Athena, Comrades, Road No. 1, Dream High and President and I'm currently wathing Sign, My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox, Cheonsaui Yuhuk and some other wich I can't remebember at this moment.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 14th, '11, 19:18

Neliets wrote:This week I've been very, very busy. I'm still in early episodes of Which Star You Are From. I don't really remember what happened there. ;D I'd say it's a bit boring.
And it won't get any better, watched like half a year ago and i couldn't even remember to finish it. Managed to watch more than half tough :unsure:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 15th, '11, 14:54

Is it only me or anyone else noticing so many similarties between Royal Family story lines and a Jdrama called Ningen no Shomei ? I can easily tell they just changes some details and characters and made some kind of love story where it has to be in a Kdrama.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 16th, '11, 09:12

Will watch Magic again. For the third time, that is. But I had to make some room in my hard drive and I erased the converted files. Converting all over again to watch on my Xbox360. XD
Since the Kang Dong Won obsession doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I might as well watch that. It's an interesting series. Even if it fell in the same old k(melo)drama traps.

But still, it seems I'll just have to accept those (while criticizing them). It would be lovely if they'd try a bit harder and make better stories and characters, at least for such "serious" series, but nothing one can do...
Plus, [fangirl mode] Dong Won is quite good in this. Both acting-wise and, well... he's hot in it as well. Ehehe. I'd be ok with just the former or just the latter, but it's nice to have both together :P [/fangirl mode]

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 17th, '11, 13:42

Finished Perfect neighbor . . . a bit too melo in the last episodes but, contrary to what Ori predicted,I liked how it ended ;) Overall a nice watch. But yeah I'm prejudiced, I like seeing PSH cry :P

Started Manny. LOL it's VERY cliché but the little boy is cute and so is Mr. Manny ;) OH, and I don't mind the half naked men shown all the time AT ALL ;)

(And Yay for jdrama BOSS2. Loving it)

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 17th, '11, 14:00

yess, I did not know that SJS is Manny because as soon as I read the title did not even bothered with cast. not so sure if I am going to stick with this drama. plus not liking SJS's hair here and I liked it the way it was in Gloria.

and yess, yay for BOSS 2, honestly, Yutaka :heart: :heart: :goggle: :heart: :heart: this guy is getting younger by minute. and when he is not around, my eyes enjoying Tetsuji's presence. :mrgreen:

need to watch some more Royal Family to do some more discoveries.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 17th, '11, 14:35

I finally caught up with Midas!! :mrgreen:
I'm not sure whom I hate the most in it though... So many people to pour my pure venom on, ohoho...
2 more eps of 49 Days and 2 more eps of Gisaeng to caught up. Time!! Anyone have some spare time to sell? Or trade? :cry:

You see, Opera Star also consumes my time, eh... But I love it!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 17th, '11, 16:06

I fell behind with Midas, lately I had no energy for it. Somehow I didn't wanna see all the intrigues etc ;)

49 days is still growing on me...well han kang is^^ Off to watching ep 10^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 17th, '11, 16:22

I'm loving 49 Days (shockingly). Everything except Kang... Or rather, the actor. I think his performance here is nothing short of horrible. I even find Nam Gyu Ri totally fine, but not him.
I have no idea if he's always like this or if he's just having a hard time in this series, but I honestly feel he's a table. He makes me feel absolutely nothing for the character or his issues.

But I really like the series too much to mind just one bad element and so far, there isn't that much emphasis put on his character, so I'm good as long as it stays that way. I'm liking it.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 17th, '11, 16:24

49 days is getting better and better , I may say that -for me anyway- its much more better than SG , and the ep 10 was so intense , a bit sad but soo good !
All the other dramas that I was watching are on hold now , yeah lack of time :(
Yeah , I watched the first ep of Mr Manny, the little boy is SOOOOOOOOOOO cuteee ! The Mr and the mini-Mr ...lovely !

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 17th, '11, 17:54

I officially dropped Which star are you from. First drama I've dropped(Mary Me Mary was much more crappier, though), I just want to watch a decent drama. ;D

I've downloaded Winter Sonata, I hope it will be good. I'll begin to watch it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 18th, '11, 22:03

After finishing 'Who are you' I started eying 'Manny'! Picking a good drama gets harder each time!

I love dramas with kids in it, and this one looks like it could be fun.
Dramabeans wrote positively. So as soon the sub'rs hit it, I will have a peek!

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Apr 19th, '11, 14:11

Ive watched the second ep of Manyy ...Lolarious ! That cute little boy made me cry twice till now ,I dont really know why ! I wish I could have the same job as Janice , yeah watching that half naked guys luucckkky her !
Anyway , is there any kdrama without that shower scene ? lol !

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 19th, '11, 15:39

Watched Manny's first 2eps and I have to say that drama is not my cup of tea. Not the story , not hot looking SJS and definitely not those scenes that others are drolling about could make me stick with it. :mrgreen:

Serienjunkie

Post by Serienjunkie » Apr 20th, '11, 07:03

I like 49 Days in the last episodes. I hope, the next 10 episodes become better than the first ten.

And i start Manny this week.

chikha

Post by chikha » Apr 21st, '11, 15:03

I just want to ask which one should I watch first, Dong Yi or Jumong? Which one is better to watch first?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '11, 15:06

You see, there are those special threads:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526_2460.htm
historical dramas:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90642.htm

It doesn't matter what drama you watch first. They are not related other than "made in Korea". Jumong was a crap in my opinion, though.

chikha

Post by chikha » Apr 21st, '11, 15:17

^^ Thanks.. After watching dae jang geum I got addicted to historical dramas. I'll just watch Dong yi first then :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 21st, '11, 15:30

chikha wrote:^^ Thanks.. After watching dae jang geum I got addicted to historical dramas. I'll just watch Dong yi first then :D
wise choice :thumright:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 21st, '11, 21:38

I put Queen of Reversals on-hold and started Prosecutor Princess ...it really interesting from the start and i hope it keep that way ^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 21st, '11, 22:21

Finally started 49 Days. on ep2 right now and loving it. I really hope it continues like this and not leave me bored or uninterested like other 2 dramas that I left half way through. and I think I am getting a new crush :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 22nd, '11, 05:48

Issy wrote:Finally started 49 Days. on ep2 right now and loving it. I really hope it continues like this and not leave me bored or uninterested like other 2 dramas that I left half way through. and I think I am getting a new crush :mrgreen:
I started to watch 49 Days, too. It's enjoyable. Not addictive, but enjoyable. I love the cuteness of both actresses.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 22nd, '11, 09:04

Considering it's by the person that made Shining Inheritance and Prosecutor Princess, I'm shocked I'm loving it. It's really really really good.
It's a "serious" show, without being overly-melo. There is actually some balance in the light and heavy moments and no crying every 2 secs!

We're also almost finishing The Man Who Can't Get Married and it is E.P.I.C!!!! Pure win! Who is this guy and why hadn't we seen him before? :rofl:
It's a real awesome series. The characters are nice, it's funny as heck and of course, THE man. He's definitely one of our favorite crazies now.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 22nd, '11, 10:17

The "guy" my dear Ori, has been one of my favourite since I watched Dong Yi last year and since then he has been one of my top 3 most favourite kactor of all times. Totally in love with JJH. :wub:
Last year after knowing him, I decides to watch all of his dramas but I had my doubts About The Man Who Can't Get Married because no version could match the J version. But was so happy to changed my mind by the end and decided to watch it. It's one of the best Kdramas out there. Plus, the ending is much better and happier and clearer than J version.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 22nd, '11, 10:38

Ehehe. He's awesome! Ecchan told me he's one of yours, but no worries. We love him cause of his awesomeness. :thumright:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 22nd, '11, 10:46

Orion1986 wrote:Ehehe. He's awesome! Ecchan told me he's one of yours, but no worries. We love him cause of his awesomeness. :thumright:
:lol Has she? I thought that I've claimed him before already. But still ok. You know I don't mind sharing my guys. Specially with you dear Ori. We do have such beautiful mutual love going on with KDW. Right?
In any case, he is claimed and won already anyway. Married with kids. But still, I love the guy. Can't help it. :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 22nd, '11, 18:14

I started 49 days. And while waiting for subs, I began to watch A love to kill and The Devil again. So damn good.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 23rd, '11, 13:55

I started watching 'Assorted Gems' while waiting for 'The Manny'

My first Drama that is longer than 20 epis.
Was not an easy choice. Even though the Drama was recommended by a hand-ful of friends. I was still hesitant to start a 50 epis epic!
But it turend out it was worth it.

And I really love it. The setting, pacing and the characters are great (the most down-to-earth chars in a long time). Is kinda nice watching something that isn't overly styled or effeminate.

They feel so familiar.Oh, and the granny's rule!

Each day 1-2 epis should do the trick!

TylerDurden2604

Post by TylerDurden2604 » Apr 23rd, '11, 14:34

I´m in the midst of watching "Secret Garden".

I´m still unsure what to think of it.

I loved Hyun Bin´s Acting in Snow Queen and Kim Sam Soon.

But his behaviour in Secret Garden is a bit strange to me. (And he looks so thin, Is that a new trend ???)

I know that it is his role to play it like that, but i don´t know, if i should like his character. Or her.

On the other side, it´s very funny and the side stories are interesting and in spite of the things

mentioned above, i always look forward to watch the next episode(s).

Good thing, i don´t have to work and i´m able to watch more than one episode per day.

Well, let´s see how it continues !!!

HAPPY EASTER HOLIDAYS !!!

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 24th, '11, 21:19

Started 49 Days. I like it but there is something annoying about the female leads. It might be the finger thing, it reminds me too much about Gil Ra Im and SG. But... I think I will stick to it, the plot has been interesting so far even though it's a bit far-fetched.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Apr 25th, '11, 05:12

49 Days is good...but the main character sort of creeps me out a bit...too much plastic surgery..it looks unnatural.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 25th, '11, 06:52

Yeah, I get that 'uncanny Valley' effect on some of K-Dramas actors too.
They tend to look too streamlined to be natural. Sometimes it's bad and i unnerves me to watch a drama further.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 25th, '11, 20:49

As I was re-watching A Love To Kill, I wanted to spot the episode where it all started to go down... And I found it - 11th episode. Up till 11th episode everything is beautifuly made and just awesome, but that's the episode where, in my opinion, it all goes down. I think I'll just drop it here, since I remember what happens next and there is just nothing much to see, either.
When Kim Joon Soon steps down and hyung starts to show some action.

I hate the slow beginning of The Devil. I even fast-forwarded one episode. ;x

Still waiting for new subs for 49 days..,

Hmmm, Winter Sonata has downloaded. I should watch it someday...

As for Which Star You Are from - dropped and still a though of continuing it hasn't crossed my mind.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 25th, '11, 22:09

We finished The Man Who Can't Get Married (the korean one) and loved it to bits. That one is a definite re-watch. Now I'm almost done with Magic again. For the 3rd or 4th (?) time.
Yes, I still feel the same about the characters. Ahaha. And I still find Kang Dong Won and his work lovely. And sexy. Well, the latter only for him, not his work. I mean... aish.. Forget it. XD

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 27th, '11, 03:02

I'm baaaaack. mwah ha ha ha. I've been too busy to watch much k- drama and it's killing me to stay away :cry: I am finally able to catch up with 49 days and although it's not an addictive one for me I am enjoying it. When I read the description I was hoping for something really good so just a little bit disappointed. I started watching Manny. I am not expecting greatness so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised? What can I say? I am a sucker for cute kids (and cute men) wait did I just let that slip out? also watching tws drama drunken to love you. first episode had some very funny moments.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 29th, '11, 16:35

Finished Assorted Gems. And liked it. Had solid chars, nice pacing and some of K-Dramas coolest Grannies.
Not to mention a real American-playing an American.

The last episode was botched...big time and some pairings that were bound to be together, never came to be.

But it was oblivious that the White Man/Korean Woman -which thanx to the actors had appeal and a solid chemistry- was cut due to the fear of public reactions. A Korean Man loosing a girl to westerner is unthinkable in Korea, no matter how world-open they see themselves.

Too bad, since the Drama was bold and refreshing from the beginning. And had some really good actors and lovable characters. That seemed quite down-to earth and everyday. I liked how fair the westerner character was portrayed - lovable and without stereotyping or down-playing him.

It's not a bad drama, but it suffers in the end from the jarring and illogical changes of the last episode, due to the Network getting cold feet, and playing the safe card instead of interracial relationship. Surely one is bound to feel cheated after following the Drama tru good and bad for 50 hours.

Oh, well...anyway...time for 'something new' The Manny.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » May 6th, '11, 18:49

on episode 29 of new tales of gisaeng. I am so glad I started watching this again. This is really the MOST addictive drama I have watched all year. Very serious drama(normally not to my liking but this one just blows me away). Cue the gangsters for some unexpected(but much needed) comedic relief kekeke. They have me in hysterics. Only problem is now that I am almost caught up I will be waiting for subbed episodes oh no!!!
The more I watch of 49 days the more I am liking it. I hope the ending is satisfying. catching up on manny and drunken to love you(tws drama) tonight.

SiJampang

Post by SiJampang » May 8th, '11, 18:36

Fugitive Plan B, altough actually i don't get the "feeling" of this dramas.... Secret garden is way more better... :D

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 9th, '11, 12:58

Watched 'The Manny' up to the fifth episode, and it still didn't click with me.
Does not compute/ connect.

It seems like I will have to drop it, since I see the shows cons more than I see the pros.

Hmmm!

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » May 10th, '11, 22:39

Myxale wrote:Finished Assorted Gems. And liked it. Had solid chars, nice pacing and some of K-Dramas coolest Grannies.
Not to mention a real American-playing an American.

The last episode was botched...big time and some pairings that were bound to be together, never came to be.

But it was oblivious that the White Man/Korean Woman -which thanx to the actors had appeal and a solid chemistry- was cut due to the fear of public reactions. A Korean Man loosing a girl to westerner is unthinkable in Korea, no matter how world-open they see themselves.

Too bad, since the Drama was bold and refreshing from the beginning. And had some really good actors and lovable characters. That seemed quite down-to earth and everyday. I liked how fair the westerner character was portrayed - lovable and without stereotyping or down-playing him.

It's not a bad drama, but it suffers in the end from the jarring and illogical changes of the last episode, due to the Network getting cold feet, and playing the safe card instead of interracial relationship. Surely one is bound to feel cheated after following the Drama tru good and bad for 50 hours.

Oh, well...anyway...time for 'something new' The Manny.
sigh...I just started it too. TMI! Should have done a spoiler alert!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » May 11th, '11, 15:53

Oh, bugger!

Sorry there! Sorry if I spoiled things badly!
I assumed, since I'm mostly lagging behind on the drama front here, and Jewels aired couple years ago, that it was safe.

Sorry.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 11th, '11, 16:05

Well, older dramas are safe to talk about and I think when you see "the last episode was botched", you'd stop reading. It's mutual blame here so just clean the slate and move on.

I'm personally watching Try Lying to Me, The Greatest Love and Baby-faced Beauty. From the new stuff. Also watching 49 Days still. Of course. And bring on City Hunter too! Ahah!

middlefour

Post by middlefour » May 11th, '11, 16:13

Currently into Dae Mul and Lie To Me. :)

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » May 11th, '11, 17:17

Orion1986 wrote:Well, older dramas are safe to talk about and I think when you see "the last episode was botched", you'd stop reading. It's mutual blame here so just clean the slate and move on.

I'm personally watching Try Lying to Me, The Greatest Love and Baby-faced Beauty. From the new stuff. Also watching 49 Days still. Of course. And bring on City Hunter too! Ahah!
Doesn't mean everyone has seen it, and you can talk in general terms. don't need to be that specfic.

SouthsideIrish

Post by SouthsideIrish » May 11th, '11, 17:22

Myxale wrote:Oh, bugger!

Sorry there! Sorry if I spoiled things badly!
I assumed, since I'm mostly lagging behind on the drama front here, and Jewels aired couple years ago, that it was safe.

Sorry.
LoL! That wasn't unexpected by me, so not too bad. and I am just watching it for Jung yoo Mi. Love her!