Korean Music: Discussion

Discuss the Korean music industry.
Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 18th, '11, 11:47

I just love how well all of Infinite members sing on live. The song isn't that amazing but it's cute and catchy. Only bad thing about Infinite is that their voices aren't that individual, they sound a bit alike. And I like different/unusual voices. :(
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/infinite ... music-bank

Where as ZE:A... they could use some voice training. The song isn't that bad. But... the song sounds familiar somehow? Maybe some western song sound-alike?
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/zea-decl ... music-bank

Also, I found myself really liking MBLAQ. Yeah they sound very Rainish but you can't really deny they have the skill. And their current music style is exactly what I like to listen. Also, Mir has funny rapping voice. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 18th, '11, 17:00

Few music torrents^^

YB whole discography.I don't have to repeat how I love this band^^
Brown Eyed Soul All Albums
멜론(Melon) 3월7일 TOP100+29곡

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 18th, '11, 23:09

I agree with you Viande. I checked out those vid from allkpop you posted and Infinite definitely was better with the singing and dancing but the first thing I noticed was their baby faces. :O I felt like I was an old hag or something watching them and I just turned 25 last January. :blink

I remember checking out YB a couple of months ago and I really like them. Its the rhythm and beat I like. I cant fully appreciate it cause my Korean is not so good. I can understand a little and with the video I can get what the song is about. Actually that is how I learned my spanish. My folks can speak spanish but I cant because I never had the reason to use it when I was younger and now I can speak about... 50% worth and understand about 90% because I use to and now am watching spanish dramas. Now those suckers are long! but usefull! So Im hoping that listening to Korean songs and dramas it would help me with learning the language and I can tell it has. :-)

I really liked -according the vids I checked out in YT:

Mother's Song
Stay Alive
아직도 널(Still You)
Sneakers (스니커즈)
사랑했나봐
I know there are more but thats a few that I liked.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '11, 10:20

Viande wrote:I just love how well all of Infinite members sing on live. The song isn't that amazing but it's cute and catchy. Only bad thing about Infinite is that their voices aren't that individual, they sound a bit alike. And I like different/unusual voices. :(
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/infinite ... music-bank

Where as ZE:A... they could use some voice training. The song isn't that bad. But... the song sounds familiar somehow? Maybe some western song sound-alike?
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/zea-decl ... music-bank

Also, I found myself really liking MBLAQ. Yeah they sound very Rainish but you can't really deny they have the skill. And their current music style is exactly what I like to listen. Also, Mir has funny rapping voice. ^^
I agree with you. But one guy from Infinite has not so usual but a very charismatic voice. I can't remember his name.... Dang. 2nd vocalist.

As for ZE:A - Song is crap. :mrgreen:

I'm not a big fan of USA pop but Far East Movement seems considerably good. :mrgreen:

And Wheesung's comeback - good. As always.
Last edited by Neliets on Mar 19th, '11, 11:18, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '11, 10:28

To all watching Kim Jeong-eun's Chocolate: SBS will broadcast tomorrow the last episode. Don't know what will replace that show yet, but maybe someone has any information?

Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 19th, '11, 16:07

Neliets wrote:I agree with you. But one guy from Infinite has not so usual but a very charismatic voice. I can't remember his name.... Dang. 2nd vocalist.
Do you mean the one who sings the first lines? He has charming voice at least but I wouldn't be so sure if I would recognize him from the others.

and esmer86, I know, I feel so old too even though I'm not. ^^ Idol groups seem like they're getting younger and younger...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 21st, '11, 13:43

16 min for "Before you Go" -DBSK new song was awesome and I'm still not finished watching it yet ..I don'tknow how anyone can say Changmin don't know how to act ...It made me cry when I saw his tears in the MV :cry:
I'm so fangirling right now so I should stop :wub:

here the link :

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 22nd, '11, 23:45

Viande wrote:
Neliets wrote:I agree with you. But one guy from Infinite has not so usual but a very charismatic voice. I can't remember his name.... Dang. 2nd vocalist.
Do you mean the one who sings the first lines? He has charming voice at least but I wouldn't be so sure if I would recognize him from the others.

and esmer86, I know, I feel so old too even though I'm not. ^^ Idol groups seem like they're getting younger and younger...
I may be influenced by something but when I think that I'll finish High School 19 years old, I think - damn, I'll be freaking old. I'll be a bit more than 19 years, quite close to 20, actually. 2 more years of hanging around in school. I feel like saying : 어쩌라고오오오오오... Just like Seungri. :mrgreen:

As for DBSK - I never liked them. Besides Wrong Number don't have anything decent. Sorry, guys. Many songs are catchy and stuff, and yes I have listened to them too, but sorry - they ain't that decent. Of course, I haven't sincerely listened to all of their songs, though. But most of them I know.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 24th, '11, 10:24

Hmm... I won't go into the discussion of the supreme position of former DBSK over anything in Kpop scene, ekhem... Why? Because this man is talking about me in my "prey" mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbZMIP4XUE

멜론(Melon) 3월 21일 320K
Mnet_Top20-WEB-20110324

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 26th, '11, 02:21

This group originally caught my attention because of the classical instruments. Then I forgot about them. :sweat:
But it's nice to see they're making a comeback.

Miji (미지) & Kim Jin Ho (김진호) (SG Wannabe) - Unbelievable

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 27th, '11, 20:20

Review of the new songs and stuff.

ZE:A - as I already mentioned, nothing good. Only one guy is decent, imho.

CN Blue - I feel that they are singing the same song through the all 3 albums.

Seung Ji Eun - Going Crazy - At last quite decent song. The rap guy's voice is not that pleasant but Seung Ji Eun makes up for it. I do liket his song a lot. Except for her hair colors(It used to be cyan but now it is grey?!).

Infinite - I wish them all the best, they are quite lovely. They are very cheerful kids, I like them.

Kan Mi Yeon with Paparachi - how can she sing that song for so long? She doesn't get bored or annoyed?

Lee Hyeon -

MBLAQ's safe driving commercial somehow stands out from the rest I've seen(including anti-smoking etc), in a good way, of course. In a very good way.

5Dolls - 1 girl is pretty, 1 girl has a good voice and the rest are just annoying. If only the girl who was pretty would have the good voice...

Chi Chi - gives off the exactly the same feeling as Dalshabet. Exactly.

Dalmation - as annoying as always. Especially both repper guys. Seriously, they are asking for a punch. No, to be honest, all of them are asking for it.

Girl's Day - generally the song is... like every other song from new girl groups nowadays. But I love one part of the song - the part where main vocalist screams "saranghae", I like her voice.

Navi - nothing much to comment here. Even though I'm not a fan of hers, but she got voice, she got looks(for her age), a good song.

LPG - even though I liked these women, I won't anymore(until they have a new song). Wasn't there some European(maybe american) song exactly like their? And the dance... awful.

Wheesung - marvelous as always. His back dancer girls are so damn... rawr.. I think Wheesung should be the role model for korean idol industry. A little bit of danceing in sync with back-dancers(looks way better than dancing the whole time), very good voice, more than decent song. Looks aren't bad, too. If all that could be shown with R&B, I'd love that.

K.Will - the song is good, a very bright mood. Voice, of course, good. Similar to Wheesung. And K.will has proven himself as a good rapper, too(with Outsider).

Big Bang - What is right - average song, 0 emotions. Song is just so average... this kind of song they could give to ZE:A. And, while we're at it, those 2 songs are the same anyways.

TVXQ - I have to admit, there is just about nothing wrong with the song. I even like it a bit. Chansung is screaming way too much, though.

As for girl groups - I am really looking forward to 4minute's comeback. I hope they won't have too aggressive song, like they had the last time.

As for this evening's song, it will be T-ara - Lies. Yes, I know, again.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 27th, '11, 20:45

Jav_sol wrote:This group originally caught my attention because of the classical instruments. Then I forgot about them. :sweat:
But it's nice to see they're making a comeback.

Miji (미지) & Kim Jin Ho (김진호) (SG Wannabe) - Unbelievable
This is the Tales Of Gisaeng OST Part 3.
I like Miji a lot^^
On the digital single there is also one instrumental piece which is marvelous^^

Viande

Post by Viande » Mar 27th, '11, 23:23

Neliets wrote:Chi Chi - gives off the exactly the same feeling as Dalshabet. Exactly.
Oh yes that song... I can't even bash the song, I feel so pity for them. What is more sad is that before their debut they said that their "goal is to overtake SNSD". Really... good luck with that. Maybe they should have picked up a bit more realistic goals.

I was thinking the other day if I'm being to rash to the new groups but then came into conclution that that damn even I can sing better and they have trained for it... Maybe it's just that there isn't enough good looking singers and they have to take in some hopeless ones and pray that they will learn. But I still can't help but feel pity for the trainees who have no talent and have to work so hard and still hear bashing.

About Dalmatian. There is something cute in their songs but they still sound very average. (and look too) Maybe they just got wrong songs as their singing isn't that bad in my opinion. Well it's not amazing either but... *shrug*

While I've been having a break from dramas I've been watching Oh My School! (among the other variety shows) and have found some new favourites. Min (of Miss A) is so adorable, not like other girl group dolls. She has so much energy and she's not worried about her image making her free to do silly things. Simon D (of Supreme Team) is adorable too, he's so witty. Simon D and Min make a perfect team. Also, I can't but just love Yoseob (of Beast) with his childish overconfidence. Anything he does makes noonas go "aww". Well at least this noona and I don't even listen Beast! :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 05:14

I watch Oh My School every week. Since 1st episode. I really like that show, but Star Golden Bell still was the best.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 28th, '11, 11:10

Hi everyone,
been getting more into korean (indie) music lately.
Can you please recommend me some soothing (male) voices like Yi Sung Yol?
Something not too pop-ish, preferably a little jazzy or with playful guitar/piano parts?

Oh and ecchan, thanks for the YB disco! =)

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 30th, '11, 00:37

Ethlenn wrote:This is the Tales Of Gisaeng OST Part 3.
I like Miji a lot^^
On the digital single there is also one instrumental piece which is marvelous^^
They should be invited to "Inkigayo" if they haven't already. Offer some variety to the viewers.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 30th, '11, 04:46

They were once on Hanmadang show, but this is no typical variety. :whistling:

Ara, jazzy? Give me few days, and I will make a new post with music on the blog^^ :mrgreen:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 30th, '11, 21:25

Ethlenn wrote:Ara, jazzy? Give me few days, and I will make a new post with music on the blog^^ :mrgreen:
:lol I can always count on you Ethlenn. I, too, will look forward for that one...and by the way thanks for the YB music. :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 8th, '11, 22:02

Watching Music Bank now. So, as you all already know, I'll give you a few commends and stuff about the new kpop stuff.

Rania or something. You know, I'm a guy. Straight guy, w/o a doubt but I thought that these girls over-did the 'sexy' concept, in fact, I think it's just plain 'come-and-f*ck-me' concept. It's quite disgusting, at least that's what I think. They should take their stuff and gtfo to USA with that crap(nothing personal, just my stereotypes regarding USA's popular music). BUT their voices seemed quite good and nice.

Clover... I'm quite lost in words... Even though I like Jiwoon and I'm quite a fan of 2D1N but this is just stupid.

Orange Caramel - I enjoyed first 2 of their songs very much. Liked their overly-cute concept, made me smile and such. But this? Come on. But what's up with the dresses? They make them look very, very, very skinny. Especially legs. Not appealing, at all. But song is not the worst I've heard. But I wouldn't say that it's good.

Brian - he has lost his thing, I think. His voice isn't as good as it used to be. But the song is okay.

Tony An - I was waiting for this. I like him from the variety shows, a bit from HOT songs. I thought it would be quite dark and bald song, since the title is 'Top Star' but it's completely opposite. And I like it. Light and quite funny song. Not disappointed at all.

U-Kiss - Have I told you this? U-Kiss comeback is the only thing that keeps decency in these few last Music Shows. I wasn't a big fan of U-Kiss, but I have to admit that the new album is great. Title song "0330" is very, very, very good song and "Every Day" is very good, too.

In SunLee - dear lord... What exactly is his? A 50 year old woman singing, dancing (?????!??!!?!!!!!!??) andd doing other stuff. Not a pleasant sight.

Brave Girls - Brave boys songs ... never really liked them. But what is this? They are seriously degrading with every single song(talking about the "So Sexy" song). But the other(title) song is quite good, actually. But I bet that's as good as it could get. The choreography sucks(for both songs) but they have done a decent job picking out these dresses. Looks good.

Rainbow - I was waiting for this quite a lot. A bit of a disappointment in the song but the girls have gotten prettier. The song is catchy I guess, but Mach was better. But I still wish them success.

Infinite - I think I've mentioned it already, but this is a very good song, just like U-Kiss. Bring some decency in kpop.

4minute - I was eagerly waiting for this, too. I'm not disappointed at all. I'm happy that the song is not the sexy-kinda type. Song is not the best I've heard but better than nothing. Wait what? Another song? And completely opposite? The sexy concept does suit hem but I'm already sick of it, so it is a bit of a disappointment after all.

CN Blue - the same song for the 3rd time. I think I mentioned this before. Or this statement seems just familiar like the new CN Blue song.

Wheesung and K.Wiill - I already commented on these 2 guys. I can't say anything bad about them.

2/5DBSK - the song is not bad. I even have it on my mp3(actually phone) but I have listened to it only few times, I think. It would be one of my favorite songs but they overdid screaming... way too much. And Changmin's voice is quite annoying.

Conclusion - at the moment, kpop has some sort of period, I'd say. Infinite, U-Kiss, Wheesung, K.will, DBSK and maybe Rainbow. Nothing more to see now.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 8th, '11, 23:30

Neliets wrote:But what's up with the dresses? They make them look very, very, very skinny.
I doubt it's the clothes. They're probably just really thin regardless of what they wear.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 8th, '11, 23:45

Vocal professionals rank the best and worst singing idol groups and members

I actually agree on the listing, mostly. Though, it was supricing that Big Bang was listed as second before SHINee, TVXQ and BEG. I love Big Bang but I wouldn't have rated them that high. I think for example T.O.P's singing is quite horrible (well he's a rapper after all) and Seungri is just mediocre.

About the worst groups I can't say much because I'm not a fan of Kara nor After School. T-ara was supricing though because I really like their albums. I have not watched their live performnces so I have no idea how well they do on live, apparently I have to watch. I assume just debuted bands were not taken on the list because Dal Shabet should have really been one of the worst.

Also, I find it funny how butthurt some fans are. JYJ and TVXQ fans being most loudest. I kinda feel happy for seeing some elitists butthurt because there are also other talented groups than just TVXQ/JYJ... Oh come on, it's not like only one group can sing and rest are crap or miles away... Anyway, I'm quite happy with my other "not so vocally talented" favourite groups like 2pm, SuJu, Infinite and U-kiss. ^^

Oh and I forgot to comment on U-kiss' new album. At first I was a bit disappointed because I really liked the intro but the rest of the songs weren't in same style. But after listening the album for a while, I became liked it. It's like fresh air, good change indeed. The cute consept on the songs works very well with Kevin's sweet voice and I also like one of the new member's, Hoon's voice too. Dongho's rapping is so cute too. And hurrah for less autotune. :cheers:

What it comes for C.N.Blue's new album... I don't know. There was a time I liked them but now I haven't got myself to listen the album but just once. Maybe their songs are too similar or something.

I miss SHINee... hope they will come back soon with new amazing album. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '11, 23:57

Junsu and Jonghyeon. 'Nuff said. :wub:
But I have to agree with Viande on Big Bang, I kinda like "Haru Haru", but in overall they sing like an average group (oh, don't mention TOP, jeez).

I saw U-Kiss on Mnet... and I had my teeth aching with sweetness, what a piece of cra... I mean cake...

As for SHINee, they are still making appearance without Jonghyeon... :cry:

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 9th, '11, 00:12

Ethlenn wrote:As for SHINee, they are still making appearance without Jonghyeon... :cry:
I know. :( I hope he will be fine for their next comeback. And poor Taemin who had to try do most of Jonghyun's parts on the live shows/concerts. I bet he was stressed knowing he can't sing them as well as Jonghyun does.

Oh and happy birthday Kim Jonghyun!

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 9th, '11, 02:08

hmm...couple of things for me. I'd find it more credible if I actually knew who these 'vocal professionals' are. They are professionals just because? Also the point system should have been better explained.

Not surprised to see After School. They are more of a dance group than a vocal one. Also to me it seems like their members (UEE for example) are more interested in a tv career rather than singing. AS is just a stepping stone.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 9th, '11, 07:09

Big Bang 2nd? Bwahahahha what a joke. There are oh so many male idol groups that surpass them.

I wouldn't totally agree with SHINee and DBSK, too.

As for Kim Junsu, Taeyoon and Hyorin - Not sure why Junsu ir here.

Roughly the listing is OK.

But, to be honest, why does everyone has to say that someone can't sing or can? Argue and stuff. I don't really get it. As long as you like the song and their songs make you kinda happy(WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF MUSIC, RIGHT?) then we shouldn't discuss whether they can or can't sing. Sadly, I'm the only one out there who thinks like this.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 9th, '11, 08:28

Viande wrote:Oh and happy birthday Kim Jonghyun!
:cheers: :wub: :cheers:

Some people just love ratings, lists, scores, points, numbers. *shrugs*
Of course I like to see those I like on high spots, but I won't tear the world apart if I don't.

I was exposed to After School and Kara for all this years, and I still can't think of any title. Nota any note I can remember. Just a music pulp and as Jav_sol wrote - a stepping stone to further career.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 9th, '11, 10:23

Neliets wrote:But, to be honest, why does everyone has to say that someone can't sing or can? Argue and stuff. I don't really get it. As long as you like the song and their songs make you kinda happy(WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF MUSIC, RIGHT?) then we shouldn't discuss whether they can or can't sing. Sadly, I'm the only one out there who thinks like this.
No need to be so annoyed over some random list. It's not like the groups will loose their fans after this. For me it doesn't change a thing. And besides, this was only about vocal talents, not as performing group itself. You can always tell if one can sing or not (because it's not something only up to taste) but being a good performer is another thing. Good performance can make up the mistakes. I can hear when someone sings wrong or off the pitch but if it's not constant I don't care. I like a lot of idols who can't sing that well and they are usually talented in other ways like dancing. But yes, for some singing is the only thing that matters. I find these kind of listings interesting, to compare my own thoughts with it (assuming there are real professionals behind it).

One thing I just hate are those nolifes that keep trolling on youtube channels telling how their idol group members are gods and no-one else can sing as well as them and how just one voice crack makes the whole group crap and unlistenable. They make it sound like no-one should like the other bands than just their favourite band. So simple-minded people just make me mad.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 9th, '11, 12:21

As for pitch-thing. To be honest, I think I haven't really seen a performance where someone goes totally off the pitch. Ok, few voice-cracks but that's about it.

ShamanPsyko

Post by ShamanPsyko » Apr 9th, '11, 12:44

For me it will be gostwind, I am a huge fan of metal music and their folk-metal music stir me the most in all the k-music I ever heard !!! :D

Just for show !!!!!
http://youtu.be/TNNmGFDZDGw

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 10th, '11, 09:03

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 10th, '11, 20:52

Before watching Inkigayo I thought - WHAT KIND OF CRAP DID BIG BANG MAKE THIS TIME? After watching it - Oh yes, they did it again. Crap in every single detail, indeed.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 11th, '11, 23:48

Well I finally got into DBSK....well actually TVXQ (Yunho and Changmin) . I was able to get the Keep Your Head Down album and really love the songs: WHY or WAE( Keep Your Head Down), Maximum, She, and Honey Funny Bunny and can I just say~~~~~SMEXY!!!!~~~~~~~~~ :heart: At first I was like what kind of song is that (talking about H.F.B.) but I checked out for possible lyrics I was like OHHH!!! :goggle: and lets not forget the Dance MV for Before You Go and can I just say again ~~~~~~~~~SMEXY!!!!!! :shocked: ~~~~~~~~~ As I was watching the MV my sister came in, she is 17, and I literaly push paused on the video and waited for her to get out. Stupid I know but still...that MV is for me and me only :P

From JYJ, I remember watching the video for Ayy girl and just let me say um......NO! but I do like the songs Be My Girl and Empty from "The Beginning" album but thats about it. :|

Now I just need to find the whole DBSK- the five member group. Maybe Ethlenn or Choas, you fan girls you...can help me with that? :sweat:

(any case for those who doesnt know Smexy= Sexy and Smooth) :lol

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 13th, '11, 17:52

^ Keep your Head down Album is awesome and full with great song :wub::wub:

as for 5-member songs there is so many to watch ^^
like :
Mirotic :
Wrong Number :
Purple line :
Hug :
Rising Sun :
"O" :
Balloons :

and Japanese song for them :
Why did I fall in love with you ? :

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 13th, '11, 20:03

You forgot this one, dear.
The way you are :

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 14th, '11, 06:09

i just put what i remember since there is too many songs for them ^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 14th, '11, 19:45

OMFG. One of the Resurrection's OST songs. OMFG

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 15th, '11, 16:47

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 19th, '11, 13:41

Oh, snap! Image

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 21st, '11, 14:03

Watched first M! Countdown's performance and fell in love with Block B's song. I even decided not to watch further(mostly because of the fact that M!C isn't fully downloaded yet)
And here it is :

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 25th, '11, 10:23

good news to DBSK/TVXQ fans :D
Seoul FM made Radio channel for DBSK and JYJ songs only to Celebrate Cassiopeia birthday two days ago ^^ ..you can go here to listen :wub:

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 27th, '11, 17:51

Found some SHINee live videos at Youtube last night that I had not seen before. From their first concert at Tokyo:
SHINee - A-Yo (live at Tokyo)
They look so happy when they're on stage. :wub:
Sorry for fangirling but I had to share because the video made me feel so happy. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 27th, '11, 18:02

Thanks, thanks^^
If my friend straightens her hair and dye them, she could be Taemin doppelganger, kekeke...
Ah hell, fangirl tiiiiiiime!! Jeez, what have you done, Viande!

They are releasing Japanese album with Replay and Hello, oh well, no new song, but Japanese versions.
Replay 45 seconds preview - Japanese

Hope nothing happens to Jonghyeon. :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 27th, '11, 18:16

hehee~

But who could not love them? They're so adorable. ^^

Ah, shame about the Japanese album though. I was hoping for some new songs too. I thought they would add some new ones in addition to Replay and some other older hits.

EDIT: Longer version of Replay (Japanese ver.) is also up.[LQ/FULL SONG] SHINee - Replay (Japanese Ver.) Sounds a bit akward but it's bad quality so can't hear the lyrics that well.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 30th, '11, 20:56

Oh well, I do hear the lyrics, badly but...
And even though I like their Japanese pronunciation, nothing will beat the original. Korean is Korean, sorry, even DBSK's songs sounded like crap, for me, in Japanese.

And those comments made me laugh. Calculating who gets more lines etc. Stupid fangirls. :whistling:

Picture credited as stated:

And the HQ sound (no MV yet):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHPQm23c ... r_embedded

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 3rd, '11, 13:12

Not only Block B's debut was nice but X-5, too. I started to like them from their first performance. They have what I like - masculinity, charisma. They don't look like 5 cute 16year olds. They look handsome, not pretty. The song is quite good, and I like their unique voices, too. I hope they'll be popular and produce few more good songs.

NiDes

Post by NiDes » May 5th, '11, 05:03

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '11, 09:46

New music show will be broadcasted, actually not all that new, cause the second season (well). Immortal Song 2 featuring lots of idols and stuff.
The reson why I'm reporting this is Jonghyeon (SHINee). I may upload this show if I got the time.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » May 16th, '11, 23:16

Any New Yorkers? Here's your chance at stardom :D

Mnet’s Superstar K Season 3 will be hosting US auditions in New York City on June 25th (10AM) at THE TIMES CENTER, located on 41st and 8th Ave! Anyone regardless of age, race or music genre will have the opportunity to audition on the spot!

Superstar K, the television phenomenon that captured an audience throughout Asia, is the most watched cable show in Korean history. Season 1 attracted 720,000 contestants worldwide, and Season 2 drew a record breaking 1,350,000 contestants.

Season 3 is returning with the promise of larger prizes and greater opportunities for the winner, including a cash prize of 500,000,000 Korean Won, approximately $500,000 US dollars. This season, contestants who pass the final round of the US audition will receive a round trip air ticket to the Superweek in Seoul, Korea. Accommodations and meals will be provided throughout the Superweek. SSK will also be responsible for the cost of training, accommodations and meals for the top 10 finalists until the contestant is eliminated.

With its worldwide appeal and reach, SSK has discovered and fostered many new talents who went on to become k-pop superstars — Inguk Suh (winner of Season 1), Miss A’s Suzy, Jewelry’s Park Semi, Infinite’s Hoya, Huhgak (winner of Season 2), and John Park from American Idol, to name a few.

The chief producer of SSK, Soohyun Hong commented: “The theme for Superstar K Season 3 is ‘diversity’. We did not start SSK for the sole purpose of entertaining the audience. The show was conceived to bring change and progress to the Korean music industry. Although SSK has achieved great ratings and success, what we take pride in the most is that we have opened a new avenue for talents to share their gifts with the world.”

Also, unlike the previous seasons, SSK3 is now open to solo artists and groups. To cater to artists with instrumental talents, SSK will provide various instruments such as keyboards and drums to contestants so they can fully demonstrate their potential during the auditioning process.

http://superstark.mnet.com/

via: http://tinyurl.com/43bdmls

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 18th, '11, 19:32

When I was watching one of the music shows last week, I noticed the new 5dolls song. Not because it's bad or good but because the main vocalist resembles almost perfectly Ha Ji Won in What Happened In Bali. At least that's what I think. What do you think? By the way - it's the one in the middle.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 19th, '11, 13:09

I don't know what Ha Ji Won looked in the What Happened In Bali as not seen it, but I don't think the girl looks like her. Or hmm maybe a little at some camera angle.
Uhh their oily legs look disgusting, makes me want to throw a towel to them. But despite the oily legs, they finally got some decent clothing and hopefully they're not wearing the pyjamas anymore...

About recent comebacks. I really like B2ST's new album Fiction and Fact. I don't think it's just me seeing them more in variety shows, I think they have really improved and moved from teen pop to something more serious. I just love the title song Fiction and especially the orchestra version of it. I get goosebumps when listening it. ^^ Even their comeback stage was awesome.
B2ST - Fiction (comeback stage)
BEAST - Fiction (Orchestra Ver.)

I also liked f(x)'s new album Pinocchio. Though, I must admit my favourite song on the album was Lollipop... and some may guess the reason. :D (and incase someone didn't know it's a song for a commercial so yes it's similiar to 2NE1's Lollipop) Anyway there is also something I like about Danger... I think it sounds sexy.
f(x) - Pinocchio (Danger) ComeBack
f(x) - Lollipop Feat. SHINee

Also, I somehow ended up watching some live performances with MR removed and oh boy how horrible SNSD's live singing is. And Yoona seems to lip sync in almost every live performance where the MR was removed. But to be fair to SNSD, they were not only horrible ones, I think almost all girlgroup performances were quite bad. I guess girls or their agencies rely too much on their looks than bother to train them more.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 20th, '11, 13:11

Beast... yes. Yesterday saw their comeback. The first song On Rainy Days is indeed good and it felt like they have grown up... but... wait a minute. But still, just like 4minute did few weeks ago, they made another version of their old songs. Sounds just the same as other songs. But still, I like On Rainy Days. The beginning of the song reminds me of Bad Guy's OST. Damn.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '11, 21:23

1st Concert in Tokyo The SHINee World 1280x720.Shinee
It's a big file, and don't be discouraged if at the beginning there might be no seeders, korean torrents have some issues lately.

The Chaos chan: I hope you are watching Kim Yeona Ice Show, cause Yunho is in it.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 23rd, '11, 21:37

Ethlenn wrote: The Chaos chan: I hope you are watching Kim Yeona Ice Show, cause Yunho is in it.
I saw it yesterday ..he was AMAZING ..he did the moonwalk on Ice :w00t: :wub: :wub:
I wanna share in DA but I don't have much info about it >_<

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '11, 21:39

Just post some screencaps and official website. That would suffice.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 23rd, '11, 21:42

O.k I'll post it soon then ^o^

Viande

Post by Viande » May 23rd, '11, 22:37

Ooh thank you Ethlenn! :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 25th, '11, 20:03

Huh, still my favorite rookies... :))

Maybe because they seem somehow mascular. Unlike most of the boy bands. I'll just quote(and replace "New Kids On The Block" with, let's take for example, "SHINee") Bill Hicks. Quote goes like this : "You know, if you play SHINee's album backwards it sounds better? It gives that edge they're missing. Puts some hair on their balls."

Anyhow, I think I should be doing something to improve my Korean but I haven't done anything for months. I'm planning on subbing dramas for myself. It probably sounds weird but I will just find a drama that is now airing and I won't wait till some subbing squad get the subs done but I will just slowly sub it myself.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 25th, '11, 22:57

I don't know, I haven't found any favourites from the new (boy) groups.

X-5 looks and sounds exactly like any other boy group, it's just that they wear more formal cloths. To me they didn't bring anything new or anything interesting to look forward.
Boyfriend is just another cute themed boy group and I actually feel bad for them because their concept is clearly "boy dolls for noonas".
B1A4 then again isn't really my cup of tea. I see they have comic styled setup, but I still can't find them interesting.
Block B seemed the most promising of them but then again I don't like that they have GD, TOP and Taeyang look-a-likes in the band and their music actually even sounds like combination of Big Bang and old U-Kiss. But who knows, maybe after a album or two they find their own style.

I can't say the groups have been that bad either, they just didn't catch my attention.

But from the old groups, I'm going to add Beast to my favourites. I just love their singing on the new album.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 09:37

Well... ekhem...
Happy 3rd Anniversary to some banjjak banjjak boys^^
Interview (long read, so those who don't like letters should avoid it):
ONEW

During the interview and photoshoot session, Onew seemed to be observing the environment leisurely. He would not take the center stage but offer his support whenever there were any shortages or problems. In comparison with magnae Taemin’s flower-like smile or with statuesque Minho’s killer smile, Onew’s trademark “Ahahaha” laughter is never inferior. Is this SHINee’s leader Onew’s leading style?

“Instead of telling members to do this and that, I tend to listen (to them). They are doing well on their own path already (laugh).”

Approaching the 4th year of SHINee since debut, many things have changed, but he says, most of all, he himself has changed.

“Through activities as SHINee, my personality has changed a lot. I may say I’ve become more out-going. Compared to before, I’m now more willing to approach people and initiate conversations with them, so I feel good (about my change).”

Whilst SHINee establishes themselves as a talented group in the industry, the market has expanded with lots of new groups debuting. How does he feel when he watches them as a ‘sunbae’ (senior)?

“Currently I’m MC-ing for a program, I see the new groups become younger and younger, and think to myself, Were we like them too? They all look quite good these days.”

In addition to MC-ing, Onew has challenged himself in Musicals, and has made a lot of good outcomes. But it is likely that he will concentrate on SHINee’s overseas activities for the time being. I asked if he didn’t feel stressed out with or afraid of their upcoming Japan activities?

“We’ve had several performances in Japan already. I just wish we could laugh a lot. I’d like to communicate with our fans and enjoy our activities.”

Onew is well recognized for his entertaining sense excellent to the extent he was seated not with guests but with the panelists in Happy Together. Will his entertaining sense work in Japan too?

“Actually, I’m not sure if it is going to work. If I throw a lot, then a few will hit the mark, haha. Want to prepare a unique self-introduction. Something like “I am Onew who is rarely startled watching scary movies”? (Really?) I am startled inside but don’t flinch, so people do not know.”

Onew says he forgets immediately even when he has some trouble, sleeps when he feels down, and sings songs he likes when he feels happy. He answered calmly (questions) about his everyday life as if his life were not so different from that of others. He says he doesn’t really mind how people evaluate or see him.

“I hope they take me (as I am) comfortably rather than telling me this or that. As I do so.”

A 23 year old idol who doesn’t show vanity as a star nor look impatient at all as a man in early 20s. There seems to be something that will surprise us hiding under his calm and composed look.

JONGHYUN

He was unreservedly relaxed throughout the photoshoot. When he had an eye contact with me, he didn’t avoid it. My first impression of him was different. A born vocalist and emotional man who cries often on stage. I expected him to be shy, but he wasn’t.

“We have had photoshoots with a variety of concepts. The formal style with a shirt and tie is not very comfortable to me. I usually pose and act relaxed and loose.”

Jonghyun endured the first half of the year “patiently” because of his leg injury.

“We had our solo concert for the first time since our debut, but I couldn’t dance for most of the time. But we had lots of performances together at the later part of the concert, and special stage sets helped me slake my thirst somewhat.”

His tears before fans during their concerts in some Asian countries, including Japan, became a hot topic.

“I’m sensitive and easily moved to tears. Usually all our emotional rhythm goes “up” during performances. My emotion seems to become uncontrollable as all kinds of thoughts come to me. But I’m not crying because I am sad.”

How does Jonghyun think of his voice as a vocalist?

“Most vocalists don’t like their own voices very much. Some of them receive training to change their voices. But I can at least assure you I can make whoever listens to my singing recognize it like “Ah, this is SHINee Jonghyun” instantly. I think I have my own distinct color.”

Then, what song does Jonghyun like most amongst SHINee’s songs? He answers immediately:

“Actually, there are some unpublished songs I like. Yet ‘Noona Is So Pretty’ is the song I feel most attached to.”

I was curious about ‘Obsession,’ the song whose lyrics he participated in writing.

“When I was little, my mom didn’t give me pocket money if I didn’t write book reports, haha. Maybe because it’s become my habit, I feel relaxed when I am writing. I make notes of ideas and use them when I study writing lyrics.”

Jonghyun was serious throughout our Q&A about music. He was back to being lively when I asked an unexpected question.

“Three things I like most besides music? Well, I think I have nothing left with music excluded. Ah! I like animation with heroes and comics. And also exercise except for playing with a ball.”

Jonghyun was a very good speaker. He used every word precisely and made clear pronunciation carefully. It didn’t take him long to answer any question. Lastly, I asked him about the ‘identity of SHINee.’

“(Identity of) SHINee? SHINee is SHINee. What more is there to explain? To me, SHINee is like this: Going together all the way as we get older.”

KEY

This is our second meeting after (the pictorial for) the March issue of Elle Girl. He greeted me saying, “People liked the pictorial.” Key’s fashion sense is as outstanding as last time. The eye-grabbing unique pink piercings on his ears are his own. He says he found it after ransacking a store.

Another thing that surprised me was his Japanese skills! Only one month since he started full-scale study, he was talking with the staff proficiently in Japanese. I got envious of his talents ranging from dancing, rapping, fashion and art to Japanese skills.

“I’ve watched lots of Japanese dramas for a long while.”

He says he cried a lot watching ‘One Liter of Tears.’ He is known to fans for being a fan of Ghibli Studio’s animation.

With lots of interests, likings, and talents, Key’s daily tasks these days are ‘practicing, studying Japanese, exercising, and painting.’ Recently, he had an exhibition of his paintings with his uncle who is an architect (I overheard him saying he participated in it under his real name without calling any press to do it quietly). According to Taemin’s testimony, he paints while dancing to music and choosing matching clothes. He is such a multiplayer. Has he ever been anxious and nervous?

“I was anxious and nervous about everything in my trainee days. Debuting was also stressful in many ways.”

But he then gave an answer which can be defined as ‘Key-like.’

“I’m so happy and good now. I think I’m what I am now because of what I went through, I needed the period. So whatever happens, I try to enjoy it.”

Key acquired this ‘coolness’ from his hot passion and precious wisdom. Last winter, SHINee had their solo concert held in the National Yoyogi Stadium successfully.

“I wondered if it wasn’t too much when it was announced we’d have a concert in Japan. Because we didn’t make any amazing sale records with our license albums and didn’t make an official debut. I was surprised when so many fans turned up. I cried. At the ending both times.”

I asked what he wants to achieve in his 20s as he is already doing so much. Another clear and ‘Key-like’ answer:

“What if I don’t make it after I set my mind to something? Then I become a failure. I think I’ll achieve something if I work hard. If I have fun and live happily, I think there’s nothing more I have to do.”

MINHO

A slim body with long arms and legs, a small face with big eyes. Which part of his face does Minho, who is agreed to have the top visual amongst idols, like most?

“My eyes. When asked (to choose a part), I always answer it is my eyes.”

Seated face to face for the interview, I found him a serious and straight young man who wasn’t as talkative as I thought. He had a low voice too gentle and quiet to be associated with a guy who won triple gold medals at the ‘Idol Track & Swimming Competition.’

“I think I’m rather serious and prudent. I’ve been like this from my childhood. But I like exercise very much. Especially playing with a ball. I’m very competitive. Desiring to win and do well whatever I do? Haha.”

I was curious what he thinks of his image fixed as an athletic idol.

“I enjoy it. That is what I am. When I filmed ‘Start Dream Team’ with grand sunbaes, they treated me like their maknae and let me win the race. I am very thankful for that.”

What else is Athletic Idol Minho doing recently?

“It’s now Champions League season, so I’m trying not to miss any game. I’m also studying Japanese hard for our upcoming Japanese activities. Oh, I find it really difficult as I learn more.”

Our conversation naturally turned to their concert when he mentioned the Japanese activities.

“We had our solo concert in Japan at the end of last year, and then in Korea. Members all had high expectations. We had lots of concerts with our SM sunbaes, so we had this longing and desire for our solo concert. It was great fun. I felt, ‘Ah, this is what a concert is like, how it tastes.’”

He made a debut as an actor before their first solo concert. He starred in ‘Pianist,’ a KBS special drama which was aired last November.

“It took two weeks to film it. My character was a piano repair man with an innate talent for piano. I had a hard time practicing because I was not familiar with piano. Although it wasn’t easy to practice in a short time, I enjoyed the experience.”

As he often revealed his desire for acting, I asked what kind of roles he wants to try in the future.

“I think I’m too much a beginner to be desirous of roles. Yet I’d like to do a character that is my age. I want to play a character I can express naturally based on what I am.”

I saw a 21 year old young man positive and enterprising during our Q&A. Minho says he tries to follow his plan two out of three times and to be leisurely the last time in his everyday schedule. I wondered what hobby he enjoys while he is busy studying Japanese and practicing for their debut in Japan.

“Please, don’t laugh, it’s soccer. And soccer game. Haha, soccer is really my life.”

TAEMIN

When did noonas’ Taemin grow up and become a 19 year old who worries about the College Entrance Exam? Yet a skinny body, smooth skin, and angelic smile still represent his looks. Taemin is a cute maknae who is forgetful of where he put what he was holding a minute ago, but he is also a mature maknae who takes good care of hyungs. He exudes unique masculine beauty when he is absorbed in performance with smoky make-up on. Even so, doesn’t he have any complaints about his image as a baby-faced handsome boy?

“In fans’ eyes, I’m maknae in the team and actually young. I have no complaints about it. They see it favorably, so I like it too.”

If you watched him for a minute, you could see Taemin is not boisterous as shown in his serene answer. He is still shy before the photographer’s camera unlike the other members. He is tender-hearted, but you can see he is so reserved he finds it difficult to talk with someone before making friends with him.

“I was an introvert from childhood, so I couldn’t respond well when a stranger approached and talked to me. But I’ve changed a lot since we debuted. It was hard for me even to talk to our staff noonas, but now I kid around them.”

I asked how he’d like to spend his 20s, although it’s still too early (to ask).

“I want to live day by day without regrets like I’m doing so now. I’ll probably like to do things I couldn’t do in my teens, but there is nothing specific I’m looking forward to.”

Did he become an adult too early because he had to adjust himself to social life at a tender age. Key threw a joke while listening to us, “Watching us, he must have felt there’s no big change in 20s.”

Now approaching their 4th year after their debut, SHINee has become Korea’s representative boy group ready to start activities in Japan with the Japanese version of Noona Is So Pretty.

“I think the title Replay itself shows our ambition that we’ll make another start.”

He says it is the same song but with a different mood and concept. It made me curious in what looks they will stir Japanese noona fans’ hearts. Taemin says with his unique innocent smile:

“There’s nothing too demanding. As our team work is good, I’m preparing (for our debut) with hyungs in a good mood. Since our sunbaes made way for us, I’ll work hard so we can climb up step by step along the path.”

The boy who danced in admiration of Michael Jackson has spent the ‘storm and stress’ time of adolescence on stage calmly and is now facing splendid days of youth. Even though he says he has no expectations, we are curious of Taemin’s tomorrow which will be beautiful in itself.

/Interview thanks to jujugal@wordpress.com

Viande

Post by Viande » May 26th, '11, 10:08

Thanks for the wall of text Ethlenn. They seem relaxed and happy, which is good. :)

Happy 3rd anniversary SHINee! :wub:

Viande

Post by Viande » May 27th, '11, 10:11

SHINee releases Japanese MV for “Replay”! :cheers:
My cuties... :wub:
Haha, cute window cleaner Jjong. Taeminnie's shoes are so cool, he looks like he's flying with them. And yay, Taemin got more lines than in the original version. His hard work pays off. I like to hear all of their voices.

And to more sadder news:
Former SG Wannabe member Chae Dong Ha commits suicide
Rest in peace. :-( I hope they would finally learn to take care of the people around them...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '11, 17:52

Not a chance, I don't think so. Few days ago a MBC sport news announcer committed suicide by jumping out from the building. Her funeral was yesterday or so. She gave hints of it via her twitter a month ago, but still no one cared to ask.
Suicides will be happening still. As long as entertainment stays the same.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 28th, '11, 14:25

I don't blame entertainment. I just blame those people that commit suicide. As long as they won't learn how to not give a crap, until then there will be many suicides. Those emotional people... just.. I don't know. I don't feel too sorry for them, because they made their choice.
X-5 looks and sounds exactly like any other boy group, it's just that they wear more formal cloths. To me they didn't bring anything new or anything interesting to look forward.
To be honest, any other boy band looks like... erm... those 3 you mentioned before. There are not many. Only few bands that really is masculine.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 28th, '11, 17:42

I guess I fail to see what is masculine. To me they all look cute young men. :mrgreen: And why exactly masculine is automaticly better? Or is it just because guys like more masculine groups?

Also, I think they resemble Infinite the most but don't sound as good. (well, they just debuted)

There was also yet another new boy group N-Train debuting on Music Core. I think their singing was okish but the song was boring. I like that they're focused on R&B though.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 29th, '11, 18:58

I can't talk about guys in general but for me guys acting cute is just...
I'm not going to get into the details but I do like masculine groups more than those p***y-concept(sorry) guys. Not only regarding music, in life too. I have a bit negative attitude to those feminine ones.

N-Train's debut... The song... I think there were few songs exactly like that one...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 5th, '11, 06:53

Beast's relatively new song "Fiction" is quite good, actually. I would even listen to it if the troll-looking guy don't appear every time I hear that song. He looks so damn annoyingly stupid. I just can't stand..

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 5th, '11, 09:52

Neliets wrote:Beast's relatively new song "Fiction" is quite good, actually. I would even listen to it if the troll-looking guy don't appear every time I hear that song. He looks so damn annoyingly stupid. I just can't stand..
Troll? I can't see any of them looking trollish. I assume you mean either Hyunseung (the red head) or kid-looking Yoseob (light brown hair)? But to me they both look cute.

I saw their radio performances of Fiction and On Rainy Days the other day and they're really good at live. Only Dong Woon had problems keeping the right pitch. I really like Hyunseung's soft nasal voice. He's like SHINee's Onew in a way that Yoseob is technically a little better but I prefere Hyunseung's voice because it has some edge, just like Onew's (+ Onew's sounds more natural). *has a feeling that started fangirling too much and stops*

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 5th, '11, 14:15

It's that Hyunseung guy. Not that he is ugly or something, it's just that he reminds me of troll and somehow annoys me. :D I have nothing against relatively real trolls what so ever...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 5th, '11, 15:29

Well he does have a little pointy ears. :lol I knew you would hate him because he's the pretty boy:
Notice the lip gloss. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 6th, '11, 06:36

Oh my god!

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 7th, '11, 13:49

TVXQ's Yunho reveals on SBS's “Strong Heart” that he went on a nude beach vacation?!

hahaha, I wonder how they suddenly "lost their swimsuits". :lol I can already imagine some fans with cameras loitering around beaches.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jun 7th, '11, 13:51

lol...twitter went crazy over the news few hours ago ...10 min till Strong Heart start and we know the whole story :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '11, 14:06

Viande wrote:Well he does have a little pointy ears. :lol I knew you would hate him because he's the pretty boy:
Notice the lip gloss. :mrgreen:
Oh ... my... gods... this isn't real, right? It's a poster for transgender advertisment? I do get pretty boys, but... but...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 7th, '11, 15:48

Yeah, it's real... In Shin Jung Hwan PD's variety show they actually made fun of his "bride look": :lol

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jun 8th, '11, 20:14

TVXQ wasn’t spared from a crazy schedule

why they're bringing this up now ? its too late and everyone know :cry: poor DBSK boys :cry: that too much >_>