Korean Actors/Actresses discussion thread

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 25th, '11, 04:43

Orion1986 wrote:What I meant was that baby fat and chubby cheeks on children is one thing and fuller cheeks on a grown man is a whole other ballgame entirely.
I blame the fangirls, not for finding baby fat and chubby cheeks cute, since everyone does, but for "seeing" those traits in grown handsome men.

Meaning, just because a man has some volume on his cheeks, that doesn't make them cute in the same way that it would make a child cute.
It's the extreme fangirl tendency to find cuteness and fluffiness in all that somehow translates a healthy face to "baby face" and "he looks young".

So, anyone who doesn't have sharp features, rough edges, hair and other more macho characteristics, is suddenly seen as too cute and cuddly.
First of all, I don't think there is anything wrong with being cute. If you are cute and don't like it, do something about it. Is losing an unhealthy amount of weight the best way to do it? No, but it is a way. Ilu felt like he wanted to show a new side of himself, so he made his choice and lost weight. Usually, when it comes to baby fat on your face, that **** doesn't go anywhere unless you get a bit extreme.

But there is really no way to dominate how people perceive others. I'm pretty sure there isn't a person in this world who thinks "oh, he's cute, but I probably shouldn't say it because he might not like being called cute and it might send him into a deadly spiral of serious dieting" nor should there be. I don't think of myself as a crazy fangirl, but cute is cute. Whether it's a baby, a woman or a man, pre-teen or full-grown, cute is cute. There are many ways to be attractive in this world, and being all macho and manly is not necessarily the best one. If someone thinks of cute as somehow lesser, well, that's their problem (that goes for Ilu, himself, too!).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 25th, '11, 08:23

I do understand your point of view and agree, but I just don't find a baby cute as I find a man cute. Or a kitty, for that matter.
There are different kinds of cute. So when you say someone is "cute as a baby" or "cute as a kitten", they misunderstand.

To put it bluntly, no healthy person is sexually or aesthetically attracted to kids and cats as they are to the opposite sex.
The only people I've seen who mix up those different kinds of cute and lump everything together, are fangirls. It's just so.

And when you don't specify your feedback at least somewhat, the object of admiration think they're not manly enough.
At least say "You are SO cute and what a dashing young man!" instead of "OPPAAA!!! Your liek kitteh! Saranghae! <3"

Cause when you have hordes of fans seeing you as some kind of a pet or doll or plaything, you can't ignore it 100%.
And they KNOW, from the trend, that when they say "cute baby fat", the guy is gonna ruin his health for them. That's sick.
I get young teens. Veery young. But anyone older should have the brain and common decency to think of the consequences.
And succumbing to such people only makes them more spoiled. They are unwillingly torturing their beloved celebrities to bits.

Same thing with girls. They see women as dolls. Must be Barbie-thin and with perfect features. Real people are just flawed though.
It's natural. If you want a talking doll to admire, go buy one and stop demanding they replace some good ol' make-up with a scalpel.
It's one thing to correct something very crooked for your own sake and feeling good about yourself and enjoying your career and time.
It's a whole other thing to be forced into it because your career won't go anywhere otherwise, since fans demand you're 100% plastic.

And I agree being cute is not bad. There are all kinds of attractive out there. So don't make people feel unattractive by comparing with kids and cats.
Especially with men, you have to be very careful about calling them cute. For most, telling them they're cute means "You're nice, but not man enough".
The idea is to let people know that "cute" can also be attractive and sexy. Comparing them to something you'd never have sex with is verbal castration.

You can't control such people. They'll say it no matter what. But the agents and industry should not reinforce that notion, at least to the person they represent.
Cause I doubt an agent will say "You're real manly, but what to do. These girls want skinny". They'd probably say "You're getting too cute. Lose some fat".
And these kinds of celebrities that gather such a fanbase usually are or start from a very young age. So hearing that at such age and for so long, doesn't help.

I am not against how diligently the fangirls admire their celebrities. And I don't blame them all for not seeing what that does to the people they admire.
I do blame the ones that should, but can't see or choose not to see what their obsession and words are doing to the whole system and people's lives.
And I blame the higher-ups in the industry responsible for not trying to change the trends to something both celebs and fans can live with without pain.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 25th, '11, 23:47

Ultimately I think people are responsible for their own actions, you can't just go around blaming others. The reality is we are all exposed to some sort of peer pressure. It just depends how impressionable a person is and some of these actors/actresses aren't exactly little children.
Yeah, there are some delusional fans out there. But I don't think that if these type of fans went away celebrities would stop worrying about their looks. After all, vanity is a human trait.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 26th, '11, 00:49

Oh yes, I'm not saying they have no blame in this. They chose to be celebrities after all. But if yielding to anything fangirls want becomes the norm, they can't exactly escape it either.
I mean, talent can take you a long way, if you meet the right people, but there are also the "swim or sink" situations. Please your fans cause we need to make lots of money off them.

The industry is ruthless and celebrities with less power and prestige have to obey their agencies and fans to move forward and have a chance at a less suffocating future.
Worrying about looks is normal, especially for celebrities, but if the standards of "what looks good" were not so outrageous, then they wouldn't abuse themselves so much.

And it has nothing to do with being impressionable or not if you have no other choice or if you've grown up being brainwashed about the whole subject of "what I have to do".
And especially in the idol category, most of these kids start off very young. At ages where fame gets to their head and anything people say seems like an order from God himself.

We all accept peer pressure, but not to such a scale. Having crowds of fans and reporters commenting on your every move is not something most people are equipped to handle without help, no matter what their age.
If not brainless fangirls, the industry and other fans should make sure the person's physical and mental well being is taken care of. We don't see so many celebrity suicides and hospitalizations in other countries, do we?
Because in most countries, no celebrity is called fat for being normal, a slut because they date someone other than that guy we personally favored or ugly because they haven't had enough nose jobs done. Not to this extent.
And in other countries, an actor is asked to act and a singer to sing. They're not asked to do a million things in one day. Or freeze to death filming dramas in "Spring Collection" clothes in the dead of winter to please sponsors.

Yes, they chose this career and yes, they knew this was coming, but if they've been assured time and time again by every single person around them that things will be awesome, only to be abused like that, is that right?
No one wants to be unhealthy. But fans demand more and more and agencies demand more and more. Whether you have no choice or whether you've been conditioned to think you have no choice, it IS someone's fault.
And unfortunately, in South Korea, celebrities have very little power. At least the ones that aren't talented and strong enough to break free of their agencies and make a name for themselves, using their successful career.

Being a celebrity (actor, singer etc) is a job. Like any other job. Being physically healthy and provided for should be a basic right for every employee. They're not slaves and we shouldn't demand more than people can handle.
They're not our plaything and they're not some characters in a movie or a series. They're people. They have boundaries in what they can do and how much. Fans and agencies overstep their boundaries in these people's lives.

Just because they "chose to do it" doesn't make what agencies and fans do right. And it doesn't stand as an excuse to leave things as they are, when it's clear many people are having a hard time with it and have their rights trampled.

Anyway, the world goes round and round and we can only express our thoughts and hope that, at least sometimes, people with power will use it well. I sincerely hope the South Korean mindset on celebrities changes eventually.
They are very talented and gifted people, but too extreme as well. I think pushing people forward is good. It raises the bar. But the bar can't be raised in some issues and no one should demand that it does. Everything has a limit.

And a totally off-topic comment: I miss my unnies. :( It seems we're all either busy, sick or both. XD I am both, but I plan to stop the "busy" part now. Time to rest and recover, damn it! Need reeest! Go away, flu! Shoo!

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 26th, '11, 02:05

Orion1986 wrote:they can't exactly escape it either.
Why? You just said they chose do be celebrities, so they can’t chose not to be?
Orion1986 wrote:most of these kids start off very young. At ages where fame gets to their head and anything people say seems like an order from God himself.
So yeah, children are more impressionable then adults, no?
Orion1986 wrote:They're not slaves
No they’re not. Being a celebrity in South Korea is not even close to being a slave.

Thing is, your posts make it seem like these people have the worst jobs around. I’m not saying South Korean celebrities don’t face hardships. But, there’s people suffering a lot worst elsewhere and some truly don’t have a way out. So I find it hard to be sad over an actress that had plastic surgery because someone told her she’s ugly. :roll

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 26th, '11, 02:39

It's just the way I express myself. Of course there are bigger problems around. Heck, I'm not about to start a "Save Korean Celebrities Fund". :P
But this is a forum for such discussion and I like to express my full opinion on matters I'm interested in. This is the topic for this matter, right?

As for the choice to be actors, I'm just saying that they shouldn't have to tolerate such crap to do what they are so very talented at and want to do.
Which is why I said that the mindset on celebrities has to change. No one should have to tolerate their job affecting their health and personal life.
Or, if they do have such high expectations, they should pay better and support their celebrities and their rights. I read S.Korea has problems there.

I can accept not "getting" my style, but not talking about issues because "there are bigger problems" surely isn't the way to go. I like to speak my mind and I will.

And for me to get back on the actual actors/actresses horse, we're watching "The Perfect Neighbor" and I'm just lovin' Bae Doo Na. Really loving her.
I like her in Country Princess too, but it is now confirmed. She's so easy and nice to watch. Doesn't overact or annoy you, like maaaany of her kind.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '11, 09:54

Oh, Bae Doona is nice and natural in her acting. When she cries, she's a mess, when she smiles I'm rofling (damn, is it even a word??) with her.

And the problem with actors and their hardships - well, we don't compare actors and kids in Sierra Leone, for the screen sake. We compare actors with other countries' actors. That's all. And S. Korea entertainment is a harsh world.

I'm here, Ori, not sure for how long, but outside DA you know where to find me^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 26th, '11, 10:23

When I have the strength to type again, I'll find ya. Ahaha. I'm too tired to even write much. So I'm just lying around, watching Country Princess and being lazy.

But yeah, we just noticed while watching The Perfect Neighbor that her laugh is SO nice! Some people just have a laugh that makes you want to laugh along.
I really like actresses who are balanced like that. Especially in kdramaland. The land of overacting and sticking to cliches and stereotypes. She's refreshing.

She doesn't seem to have many works I'd be interested in (or could find, since she hasn't been that active in drama in the last few years), but I'll read more on her.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 29th, '11, 23:02

Orion1986 wrote:But this is a forum for such discussion and I like to express my full opinion on matters I'm interested in. This is the topic for this matter, right?
It is and that's why I'm responding to you.
Orion1986 wrote:I like to speak my mind and I will.
and no one is telling you not to. I disagree with you, but never told you to stop posting. Unless I wrote "shut up" and didn't notice. :roll
Orion1986 wrote:I'm just lovin' Bae Doo Na
She is totally lovable.:wub:
I just didn't like her in God of Study.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '11, 09:04

Banned from appearing, Kang Ji-hwan "Sweet..." on the first step of coming back

Exclusive contract... that brings some bad memories... :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 1st, '11, 09:38

Now that is some good news!:D
Still sad it doesn't look like he'll be able to appear in Faith, but a fake-forced-marriage rom-com with him and Eunhye doesn't sound bad for a start^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 2nd, '11, 19:10

Really sad about Faith, but damn, do I want to see him with Eun Hye. And since those jerks are now happy, leave the man the hell alone! Welcome back, oppa!!!
Jav_sol wrote:She is totally lovable.:wub:
I just didn't like her in God of Study.
I was going to watch that, but then nothing about it made me want to but Bae Doo Na. And as much as I like her, I can't handle a whole series for her sake only.

Also, happy birthday to our Kim Jae Wook and Song Young Chang, who I'd have guessed has been in 100+ movies since I kept "bumping into" him all the time.
Turns out, I just happened to watch a lot of the movies he happened to be in. Felt like he was everywhere for a while. XD Well, he does chose em wisely indeed.

Image Image

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 4th, '11, 01:10

Orion1986 wrote:I was going to watch that, but then nothing about it made me want to but Bae Doo Na. And as much as I like her, I can't handle a whole series for her sake only.
Yeah, she's the only reason I watched the show but it wasn't worth it. I should add that I'm not a fan of school shows but I really can't think of anything good from this show.

Looks like Sohn Ye-jin has some time on her hands.
http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/03/sohn- ... k-sel-cas/

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 07:36

Happy Birthday to Shin Min Ah and Uhm Tae Woong!
Image Image

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 07:40

Oh yeey!! Happy Birthday to them! :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 07:48

You know, he keeps reminding me of Gun Woo from Beethoven Virus in The Devil. And then the horror of the curly, S-line reality strikes. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 12:40

Eh, don't spoil my nice, busy day with Her Sparkleness, chebal... I saw pics of LDH today, that's enough for me...

Issy! Your kiddo is in a new movie Suicide Forest with Ryu Seung-beom, kekeke... The movie looks nice, premiere: 2011-04-14

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '11, 13:08

Ethlenn wrote:Eh, don't spoil my nice, busy day with Her Sparkleness, chebal... I saw pics of LDH today, that's enough for me...

Issy! Your kiddo is in a new movie Suicide Forest with Ryu Seung-beom, kekeke... The movie looks nice, premiere: 2011-04-14
8) yeah I know dear. he tweeted about it some days ago (YESS, I am this silly to even follow his tweets :unsure: ) and then Ori-chan told me as well. but thanks for updating for other my K.I.D fans (K.I.D = Korean Incredible Darling [Thank you Ori-chan for suggesting this name ] has decided that he is no longer my kid as I do feel uneasy every-time i write or say it. I maybe his noona or even Ahjuma, but still, he is very dear to me :whistling: )

This might make you feel a bit better E-chan, LDH fans are falling in love and liking Yuchun (feel free to correct my spelling if i am wrong :mrgreen: ) more and more as they prepare for their new upcoming drama. muhahahaha :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 13:19

Jeez, does it take a special training program, some preparations to LIKE Yucheon?? I thought it was given. You see him - you fall in love. No? :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 13:25

No. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '11, 13:31

Ethlenn wrote:Jeez, does it take a special training program, some preparations to LIKE Yucheon?? I thought it was given. You see him - you fall in love. No? :mrgreen:
in my case YES it does take a special training program. still working on it. not successful yet. sorry E-chan :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 5th, '11, 13:36

Ethlenn wrote:Jeez, does it take a special training program, some preparations to LIKE Yucheon?? I thought it was given. You see him - you fall in love. No? :mrgreen:
No, he slowly grows on you :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 13:43

Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhh!! I'm not talking to you!
No Kim Namgil-nim, no PSH, no Yucheon. But Dongwon. Jeez...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 5th, '11, 13:59

Ethlenn wrote:Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhh!! I'm not talking to you!
Kekekeke I shall take them all :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '11, 14:02

Ethlenn wrote:Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhh!! I'm not talking to you!
why the anger dear. we both know that we never had a same taste when it comes to characters and actors. It's always been different. :mrgreen:
maybe once only looooooooooong time ago and we both trying hard to forget about it. :whistling:

@Ara
I like your philosophy in life. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 14:04

About what? :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '11, 14:05

Ethlenn wrote:About what? :whistling:
:whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 5th, '11, 14:48

So far, the only Ecchan guy I kind of, sort of can stand is Ji Hoon. And that's only cause he's good in The Devil. I still don't care for him much though.

When it comes to our taste in men, we're worlds apart, we are. We all only got tricked by one person. Our soon-to-be ex wife. Her S-Line Sparkleness.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 5th, '11, 14:54

Whatcha mean tricked? Had she not decided to become a transgendered fairy . . . and had she not had that nose job accident . . .

That's what I've been saying all the time ... never concentrate on one of em and exchange em frequently...then losing one for whatever reasons isn't that big of a deal :P :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 5th, '11, 15:24

arakira wrote: That's what I've been saying all the time ... never concentrate on one of em and exchange em frequently...then losing one for whatever reasons isn't that big of a deal :P :P
Amen to this wisdom of age... I mean... to this wisdom.

As for Princess, she had An-An cover, and I think that broke few boundaries. First of all, a lot of girls (XX) went into deep depression after it, so there will be a huge demand on antidepressants aimed at neurotransmitters on the market and of course the price of shrinks consultations will go up. The second boundary is - no woman on cover. Oh, this demolished this chauvinistic view! So cheers to her!
Maybe Heechul on the next cover, hm?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 13:23

How to make Ori very excited

Oh yes... Simply, yes. This little puppy will be making the thread for this drama. Mine!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 7th, '11, 15:04

Is it sure?? 1000% sure?? I don't want to drink again on sad occasion.
:cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 15:12

Well, they say he's now free to do as he likes. They just wanted him to drop Faith, it seems. So, unless they have a whack at him again, it should be fine. :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 7th, '11, 15:17

Oh, man, I can't wait!! Jihwan in a comedy!! Eunhye too!! Oh damn, Coffee House was a crap, but I hope this one will be a good one, ohohoho!! :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 17:28

I loved Coffee House from the first to the last episode, so yeah. Anything with comedy and Ji Hwan in it is gonna be good. :D

Btw, just watched The Unjust. F*CK, that was a good movie!

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Apr 7th, '11, 19:13

I'll be all over that thread once you make it, Orion :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 7th, '11, 19:21

Count me in as well!! :alcoholic:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 19:35

I'll be keeping an eye out on all the sites I know. Ehehe. I guess we'll get the info soon enough. I mean, we got broadcast dates already since it will follow after Midas.
We have a channel, a premiere date, cast and crew. Hmm. Nah. I won't make it yet. I gotta at least wait for a poster or a 100% confirmation they'll let Ji Hwan do it.

I'll wait for more concrete stuff and then make it. Ehehe.

I basically just need a more complete plot and some sort of stills from the actual work. Proof they are filming and it will happen. :P

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 7th, '11, 21:00

Oh yes, I was so happy when heard that! I've been missing Yoon Eun Hye and hearing that her pair will be Kang Ji Hwan made me even more happy. :wub: She always gets handsome co-stars. ^^

I liked Coffee House, not perfect but it had some awesome characters and situations.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 7th, '11, 21:15

Wow! Eunhye changed some huh? Pretty...more feminim, I should say and thats because the last time I saw her in anything was Coffee Prince and I really liked her in that drama :D What can I say about Ji Hwan....like I said before....he is that extra HOT fudge on the sundae. :notworthy:

COME ON LIE TO ME! IM WAITING!! :w00t:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '11, 21:17

The only doubts I have are because of the director and writer. Don't know them so I can't be sure this will be good, even with the good cast.
I've seen things go South even with very good casting choices, because of bad directing, writing, editing etc. So, I hope this doesn't happen.

But for now, I can't help but be cautiously optimistic. Which means I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT! Ahaha! Come on, baby! Ori SO missed her Writer!

:dance:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 7th, '11, 21:57

Hmm...Jihwan and "Lie to me" ??
Why does that make me hum Tom Waits' song?? :mrgreen:

Lookin forward to having him back, finally...and without the ogre!! :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 7th, '11, 23:11

Keke... I hum but some other song titled "Lie To Me"...

Yes, no more ogre!! Just Jihwan. Preferably shirtless... :wub:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 8th, '11, 00:23

along with writer Kim Yeh-ri, who was the youngest writer on the team for Heading to the Ground.
How can any writer associated with Heading to the Ground, still have a job. That show was terrible. :roll

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 12th, '11, 02:00

Star Date Kim Ah Jung

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 09:41

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 12th, '11, 12:42

Orion1986 wrote:Some news on Oh Ji Ho ssi.

Man Kimchi *pause for giggle* seems to be doing very well indeed
I am sure that good looks of its 4 bosses made all the sale. otherwise, why would be any different from other kimchis sitting on the shelves? :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 13:44

You think something would only sell because there are 4 hotties selling it? Nooo. No way! I don't believe you! :P
Still, it was a smart business move and they're selling something substantial. Others make a lot more for selling hot air.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 12th, '11, 20:50

^^ It makes you think how the world would be if we were all beautiful as Oh Ji-Oh and his man team. Smart move gentlemen, smart move! :mrgreen:

* I was snooping through HanCinema again during lunch time at work and came across this, "Rain Ranks Atop Online Voting for 'TIME 100'." According to that page, Rain has been nominated for "TIME 100" before but this is my first time seeing this. I guess I'll vote for him. If I remember right he does help with some charities and helps the youngins. If you want to go through the list click here

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 12th, '11, 21:04

esmer86 wrote:^^ It makes you think how the world would be if we were all beautiful as Oh Ji-Oh and his man team. Smart move gentlemen, smart move! :mrgreen:

* I was snooping through HanCinema again during lunch time at work and came across this, "Rain Ranks Atop Online Voting for 'TIME 100'." According to that page, Rain has been nominated for "TIME 100" before but this is my first time seeing this. I guess I'll vote for him. If I remember right he does help with some charities and helps the youngins. If you want to go through the list click here
Yep, this guy could sell about anything to me :whistling:

As for rain...he's constantly been in the top ranks of online Time100 vote for years....The comedian Stephen Colbert's even tried to wage a war against him...just google colbert and rain and you should be able to find the vids from his shows... :lol

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 12th, '11, 21:10

@arakira: I FEEL SOOOOO STUPID!!! :blink As soon as I read what you wrote it came at me like a bullet!...fast and hard!!!! Yeah I remember those vids with Stephan Colberts. I remember crying too from the laughter! :tv: I think I'll search for them again! :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 21:16

Don't say things like "fast and hard" when we're talking about hot men. My mental integrity is at stake here. XD

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 12th, '11, 21:24

Orion1986 wrote:Don't say things like "fast and hard" when we're talking about hot men. My mental integrity is at stake here. XD

I'll make sure to remember that for next time. :D I swear that my mind was clean at the moment. :scratchchin: I SWEAR DAMN IT! I SWEAR!!! :wink:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 12th, '11, 21:28

I bet it ain't "clean" now, is it? :twisted:

Serves me right for trying to gutter a friend with Dong Won. It backfired. XD

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 13th, '11, 10:14

Ori....thanks for making a befitting sigi for my avatar :wub:

keke esmer86, thanks to you I rewatched these epic clips... :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 13th, '11, 10:19

I didn't do much, love, but you're welcome. ^^

You'll have to pick a guy eventually though. :P

Maybe we can make a siggy for each of your men and you can change it every month or something. Ahaha.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 13th, '11, 10:33

I think me and Ara need og those GIF sigi banners that changes every second. As Gru in Despicable Me says: " light Bulb :idea: " :w00t:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 13th, '11, 10:37

That works too. If you want any help with that, do tell me. That's an easy task too. ^^

I just need a list of your men and pictures of them I can use, along with requests for color schemes or style (if you want writing or photoshop stuff and not just the pics).

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 13th, '11, 11:03

Thank you dear. Let me try first ( I need to brush up on my skills ) and if I got stock I will shout for help for sure. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 13th, '11, 11:17

Good idea. You get some practice too. :wink: I'm here if you need any advice or help though. ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Apr 13th, '11, 20:33

OMG ORI...Did Ecchan do anything to you which I don't know about???

That is....so....EVIL!!! :rofl:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 13th, '11, 23:14

Star Date Lee Min Jung

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 14th, '11, 13:57

Happy Birthday Mr Dimples :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 14th, '11, 18:05

Oh Ji Ho ssiiiiiii!!!! :cheers: Happy Birthday! And Ara-chwan, my wuv, she's busy so she hasn't been online. Been stalking DA. :roll
Well, not today. They changed our windows so I'm dead tired. XD But I just had to tease her. Got the "real" siggy ready too.

Ecchan,
ma boy needs help with those balloons. You up for some blowing, love? It's gonna be hard with just me. :rofl:
Oh dear, I'm gonna pay for this... I know I will. Big time. XD

Meanwhile, it seems Camellia will be screened in Japan as well. Or something. Don't even remember where I read that... Dc, probably... When will we ever see this weird looking thing...

Here. Second pic.

And just because it's so random and funny, here's that "spot the freakyness" picture.
And it seems that people saw some of the Camellia set pics only now. Plus, Song Hye Kyo is single so we HAVE to find who she looks good with now.
She's stunning, she'd look good with anyone. So is Kang Dong Won though. Ehehe. Ok, biased view, I know, but still. He is a rather charming man, the devil.

Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo caught together, 'Look good'

And funny enough, a picture of Hyun Bin from the army. Which frankly makes my legs wobble even while sitting down. JESUS H CHRIST! Marines are sick!!!

Hyun Bin's balls of steel

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 15th, '11, 16:34

Oh, I'm back and I see I made some haterzzz here...
I love you Ori nonetheless... :mrgreen:
And Ori:
you know I like blowing... balloons, and smearing... I mean eating cake, and cream and stuff... But not with this guy. With him I could pierce the balloons, mehehe
And I see Ara made it into a sigi... must be spring changes...
Hyun Bin pics are medium hard, Namgil-nim had much harder in the camp. A lot. You know, summer, mud, half-nekkid.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 15th, '11, 16:38

Summer? Mud? Half-nekkid? Even though he's in a public office? I demand such pictures from my creep!!! It's the only way to be sure he gained weight! Or be appalled because he didn't.

I missed ya, hon! No one's been active online for 2-3 days. I'm going nuts here without you, my loves! I have an unni addiction... Damn... Now I'll need my fix more often. Give me my fix! :P

As for the balloon business,
It's ok. I can do all the blowing myself. And things will surely be popped. Just not sure if it will be the balloons. XD
P.S: As you can see, you ain't getting rid of him. I just changed the writing to spare you from further horror. Well, at least in that amount... :twisted:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 15th, '11, 16:48

Orion1986 wrote:I missed ya, hon! No one's been active online for 2-3 days. I'm going nuts here without you, my loves! I have an unni addiction... Damn... Now I'll need my fix more often. Give me my fix! :P
:lol You can always find (and spam) me on you know where dear :whistling:

welcome back E-chan.

read those SHK and KDW rumours. no comments. :crazy: even though she is stunningly pretty and I have not seen her in anything, I just can't bring myself to like her enough to watch her in any drama. :P

I just discovered that RF is a copy of a Jdrama. the bubble burst for some reasons. :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 15th, '11, 17:10

I didn't want to bother ya. :shhh: Assumed all you ladies were busy. :-)

As for the "rumors", well, they always come out with each movie and drama. But these seem rather late. Lol. This has been filmed ages ago. XD

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 15th, '11, 21:02

And funny enough, a picture of Hyun Bin from the army. Which frankly makes my legs wobble even while sitting down. JESUS H CHRIST! Marines are sick!!!

Hyun Bin's balls of steel

"Balls of steel...Hyun Bin's....I just HAD to check it out! :mrgreen: me likey a guy in a uniform. :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 15th, '11, 21:17

I'm sure if you tried to kick him in the family jewels, you'd break a few toes. I don't know if it's a camera trick, but those guys down there look mighty small. XD

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 15th, '11, 21:48

^^Well he does have his hands occupied at the moment. I think they were trying to emphasize somewhere around the lines of "LOOK OUT BELOW!" :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 16th, '11, 14:24

When it's at Night is much better now than it was. It took about 3-4 episodes for it to kick off, but it was worth it. And it's now official. I really really really like Kim Sun Ah. I want to watch more of her works now.
I just love her work in rom coms. I think she's one of those people that brings some quality to the genre. She's also a stunning woman, but she hasn't played one in either series I've seen her in. I respect that.

And the woman is downright FULL of character. She has her own little ways of making each character special. She adds some depth and doesn't stick to the overused formulas and norms of what's cute or feminine.
Same thing for the more serious scenes. She's natural and she's diverse. I really wish more leading women in this genre of rom-coms would be as unique are her. The cliches in kdrama are also partly the actors' faults.

So, it seems it's time to watch My Lovely Kim Sam Soon after all. Urgh, nothing to watch for so many weeks and suddenly I got 3-4 series piled up. And just as I'll be getting busy with projects. Dang... XD

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 16th, '11, 17:16

Im in episode 16 now in Kim Sam Soon and this time around it doubled my laughter! :lol I absolutly love Kim Sun Ah! I just wish there could be more actresses like her out there! She brings her character to life in a realistic sort of way. She is not your average good looking princess and I like that about her. She is just like the rest of us...well some of us 8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 21st, '11, 12:41

Well, many talentless people become "stars", but I guess now we know where Lee Ji Ah got her help from. Let's face it. She's not young, pretty or talented in any way.
I don't mind those things, if we're talking smaller roles and not all those features together, but with her, I really couldn't see how she could be a lead in anything, frankly.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 21st, '11, 12:48

Yeah, it's all over Nate, Daum and Naver. Every other news is just pushed back, seriously.
What I find stupid in this whole story is the secret. I can't fathom the reason for it. Seo Taiji never had any crazy fangirls, nor his band. Just...

Business is all about connections.