RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Mar 27th, '11, 07:51

try Fantasy Couple

mugiwarrra

Post by mugiwarrra » Mar 27th, '11, 14:08

hi everyone,
please recommend some good drama , i don't care about the genre as long as it's good not cheesy and silly like bof and coffe prince
the best drama i have watched is without a doubt Giant
thanks in advance

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 27th, '11, 14:11

Silverman wrote:It doesn't need to be a Kdrama. Which Jdramas(or TW) are good and/or fit the discription?

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS THREAD :whistling:

I really hope people stick with particular thread for their specific requests. otherwise, there will be no point in making different ones in each section. there are Jdrama and TW drama recommendation thread in their own sections. it's not very hard to locate.

Neliets

Re: KDramas where male lead goes nuts cause of love for the

Post by Neliets » Mar 27th, '11, 14:36

mudav wrote:I wonder if you can recommend any dramas where male lead is IN LOVE with female lead but due to some circumstances he tries to fight his love or can't show it or can't be with her and it's driving him nuts, he starts behaving crazily, has nerves breakdowns etc.
I really wanna watch a drama where male lead can't help falling for the female lead and is going nuts because he hates it but still can't help loving her or because she is someone he shouldn't love~^*^
Something like:
What Happened in Bali
Que Sera Sera
One Fine Day
How To Meet A Perfect Neighbor
My Lucky Star (this one isn't kdrama but with korean actress Yoo Ha Na)

Suddenly wanna watch something not bubbly-rom-com like and not something everyone-is-crying-everyone-is-dying-ANGST like but something with high level of love emotions, self-inner-fighting, going crazy because of not being able to stop loving someone you don't want to love, someone who isn't suitable for you~~~ I wanna see the male lead who is a strong character but he becomes torn apart because of his love kekeke~
My favorite - A Love To Kill!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what you are looking for.

Mukiwarra, you can watch this, too.

Anyone got anything for me? Japanese dramas aren't exactly for me, the girls aren't as pretty as Korean. And yes, they are different. And very.

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 27th, '11, 21:07

Neliets about addictive KDramas what about these ones:

9 End 2 Outs
Coffee House
Coffee Prince
Creating Destiny
Dal Ja's Spring
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
Full House
Goong
Happiness in the Wind
Hello, My Teacher
Hong Gil Dong
How to Meet a Perfect Heighbour
I Really Really Like You
Last Scandal
My Girl
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Princess
Partner
Pasta
Personal Taste
Prosecutor Princess
Secret Garden
Sangkyunkwan Scandal
Sweet 18
Thank You
The City Hall
What Happened in Bali
When It's at Night
Wish Upon a Star
You're Beautiful

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 27th, '11, 22:31

Sajen16 wrote:I just finished That Fool and loved it, I think in large part because Goo Dong Baek reminded me of myself 12 or 13 years ago before high school jaded me to the world.
I was wondering if there are any other dramas like it with a sweet sweet man who meets a woman who frankly is kind of a **** but eventually they fall in love?
try "Take care of Agasshi"/"Take care of the young lady". Well the male lead isn't as sweet as in "That Fool", but in all the other aspects it should fit your taste.

kennett1

Post by kennett1 » Mar 28th, '11, 10:51

IRIS hands down :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 14:32

mudav wrote:Neliets about addictive KDramas what about these ones:

9 End 2 Outs
Coffee House
Coffee Prince
Creating Destiny
Dal Ja's Spring
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
Full House
Goong
Happiness in the Wind
Hello, My Teacher
Hong Gil Dong
How to Meet a Perfect Heighbour
I Really Really Like You
Last Scandal
My Girl
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
My Princess
Partner
Pasta
Personal Taste
Prosecutor Princess
Secret Garden
Sangkyunkwan Scandal
Sweet 18
Thank You
The City Hall
What Happened in Bali
When It's at Night
Wish Upon a Star
You're Beautiful
Only few haven't seen from this list. Many of them weren't that addictive, imho. But many say What Happened in Bali was good, so probably I'll watch it after the drama I found myself - Stranger than Paradise. This I found through Uhm Tae Woong.

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 16:03

Neliets wrote: Only few haven't seen from this list. Many of them weren't that addictive, imho. But many say What Happened in Bali was good, so probably I'll watch it after the drama I found myself - Stranger than Paradise. This I found through Uhm Tae Woong.
What Happened in Bali is AWESOME! I haven't slept for more than 20 hours watching it nonstop~^*^ It's very hard and sad but damn awesome drama! 8)
What dramas have you watched that were addictive for you?
Cause I wanna find something new to watch too keke~^*^

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 16:19

Neliets
I've read one of your previous posts~ About drama Thank you~ It's really very dramatic!!! If you wanna some sad dramatic kdrama you should watch Thank You~^*^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 16:36

mudav wrote:
Neliets wrote: Only few haven't seen from this list. Many of them weren't that addictive, imho. But many say What Happened in Bali was good, so probably I'll watch it after the drama I found myself - Stranger than Paradise. This I found through Uhm Tae Woong.
What Happened in Bali is AWESOME! I haven't slept for more than 20 hours watching it nonstop~^*^ It's very hard and sad but damn awesome drama! 8)
What dramas have you watched that were addictive for you?
Cause I wanna find something new to watch too keke~^*^
I like the sad dramas more, even though I have never even shed a tear, while watching.
Few very good ones :
A Love To Kill
The Devil
Resurrection
Bad Guy
Sorry, I love you
Que Sera Sera
Soulmate (only 10 episodes)

Those are the sad ones that I'd rate as one of the best. I recommend first 4 the most.

I haven't even finished first episode of Stranger Than Paradise but it seems quite good, actually. Maybe it's only Uhm Tae Woong who makes it good...? :mrgreen:

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 16:46

Neliets
I started watching A Love To Kill several months ago but the atmosphere of first several episodes put me in depression and I stopped:))))
Sorry I Love You put me in depression too, lol, I was crying nonstop during last episodes~^*^

When I watched Thank You I cried too but I really enjoyed it~^*^ And we have awesome main actors there~

But What Happened in Bali~ It's one of my ultimate most favourite dramas~ The main guy is so crazily in love with female lead!
I didn't enjoy Secret Garden too much because while watching it I was remembering What Happened in Bali (resemlences in character's dispositions) but Secret Garden didn't have as high level of going-nuts-because-of-love emotions as Bali~ I assume because Secret Garden is rom com and Bali is drama~

And about sad dramas have you watched Stairway to Heaven? It's told to be one of the saddest dramas ever...

Ahahah, now that I've written this post I want to rewatch What happened in Bali once more~^*^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 17:02

mudav wrote:Neliets
I started watching A Love To Kill several months ago but the atmosphere of first several episodes put me in depression and I stopped:))))
Sorry I Love You put me in depression too, lol, I was crying nonstop during last episodes~^*^

When I watched Thank You I cried too but I really enjoyed it~^*^ And we have awesome main actors there~

But What Happened in Bali~ It's one of my ultimate most favourite dramas~ The main guy is so crazily in love with female lead!
I didn't enjoy Secret Garden too much because while watching it I was remembering What Happened in Bali (resemlences in character's dispositions) but Secret Garden didn't have as high level of going-nuts-because-of-love emotions as Bali~ I assume because Secret Garden is rom com and Bali is drama~

And about sad dramas have you watched Stairway to Heaven? It's told to be one of the saddest dramas ever...

Ahahah, now that I've written this post I want to rewatch What happened in Bali once more~^*^
Heard that one before. One girl told me that she cried so much while watching A Love To Kill, that she had a headache. I didn't even squeeze out a tear. I felt sad, though, but not depressed. Image
And I'm thinking about re-watching it. I watched it quite recently, though.

Anyhow, where can I download What Happened In Bali? I couldn't find it in Am-addicts.

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 17:12

Neliets wrote:Anyhow, where can I download What Happened In Bali? I couldn't find it in Am-addicts.
You can download it using torrent from here
http://www.asiatorrents.com/index.php?p ... 444e392367
This drama is licensed so it's difficult to find it on the Internet but on this site there are very many licensed drama that can't be found anywhere else
But you need registration~ If you need invitation to be registered, tell me, I'll send you an invitation for registration~^*^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '11, 18:09

mudav wrote:
Neliets wrote:Anyhow, where can I download What Happened In Bali? I couldn't find it in Am-addicts.
You can download it using torrent from here
http://www.asiatorrents.com/index.php?p ... 444e392367
This drama is licensed so it's difficult to find it on the Internet but on this site there are very many licensed drama that can't be found anywhere else
But you need registration~ If you need invitation to be registered, tell me, I'll send you an invitation for registration~^*^
O, I have always wanted to register there ;o Can you send me one, please? My e-mail : zemith@inbox.lv

mudav

Post by mudav » Mar 28th, '11, 18:16

Neliets wrote: O, I have always wanted to register there ;o Can you send me one, please? My e-mail : zemith@inbox.lv
Sorry now their invitation system appears to be inactive >_< But I've saved your e-mail, once invitation system gets active, I'll send you an invitation ;)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 28th, '11, 19:39

Silverman wrote:
Sajen16 wrote:I just finished That Fool and loved it, I think in large part because Goo Dong Baek reminded me of myself 12 or 13 years ago before high school jaded me to the world.
I was wondering if there are any other dramas like it with a sweet sweet man who meets a woman who frankly is kind of a **** but eventually they fall in love?
try "Take care of Agasshi"/"Take care of the young lady". Well the male lead isn't as sweet as in "That Fool", but in all the other aspects it should fit your taste.
And I forgot to mention "The Birth of the Rich"
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Birth_of_the_Rich
It also a good Kdrama in this genre.

mugiwarrra

Post by mugiwarrra » Mar 31st, '11, 12:54

Hi everyone,
just finished family's honor , really good drama, please recommend some dramas , no specific genre , just some good ones

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 31st, '11, 14:24

if you haven't seen queen of reversals or secret garden I would recommend those. Other good ones were city hall, the woman who wants to marry, sunkyunkwan scandal, smile,you, que sera,sera, what's up fox?, the devil, coffee house, prosecutor princess and if you like high school dramas and music/dancing dream high. I'm currently watching new tales of gisaeng and it's really good.

mugiwarrra

Post by mugiwarrra » Apr 1st, '11, 09:40

thanks , will start with secret garden , seems like fun , thank you again

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 2nd, '11, 23:53

I just finished Secret Garden and loved it way way better than I thought it would be from the description, so far it's my favorite kdrama ever, granted I've only seen all of three so far. Watching Kim Joo Won and Gil Ra Im bicker as they slowly but surely fall in love was wonderful. Is there anything else like it? Hyun Bin as Kim Joo Won was hilarious what else has he been in that's good? Also Ha Ji Won was beautiful and reminded me a bit of Shinohara Ryoko in that she captivated my attention with the power of her performance, so again what else has she been in?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 3rd, '11, 07:12

Ha Jiwon:
TV Shows

* Secret Garden (SBS, 2010)
* Hwang Jin Yi (KBS2, 2006)
* What Happened in Bali (SBS, 2004)
* Damo (MBC, 2003)
* Love That's Bigger Than Love (MBC)
* Days in the Sun (KBS2, 2002)
* Life is Beautiful (KBS2, 2001)
* Secret (MBC, 2000)
* School 2 (KBS1, 1999)
* Tears of the Dragon (KBS1, 1996)

Movies

* Sector 7 (2011) - upcoming
* My Love By My Side (2009)
* Haeundae (2009)
* Seven Remedies (2008)
* Fool/BA:BO (2008)
* His Last Gift (2007, cameo)
* Sex is Zero 2 (2007, cameo)
* Miracle on 1st Street/1st Miracle (2007)
* Duelist (2005)
* Daddy Long Legs (2005)
* All For Love (2005, cameo)
* Love So Divine (2004)
* Bunshinsaba/Ouija Board (2004)
* 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant (2004)
* Reversal of Fortune (2003)
* Sex is Zero (2002)
* Phone (2002)
* The Scissors (2000)
* Ditto (2000)
* Truth Game (2000)
* Nightmare (2000)

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Sny

Post by Sny » Apr 4th, '11, 01:27

I saw somebody recommended Family's Honor. I'm watching it right now. Just wanna say.... it's so awesome! I haven't finished it yet, but it's very good. Can anyone recommend another family drama like this? I watched Pure 19, I only like the main couple, the others' story I found it quite boring. But Family's Honor, each couple's story is so good. Although I'm still episode 24, I don't wanna this drama to be over... :( . As for me, find a korean drama that I love is not that easy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 4th, '11, 04:38

You may try Life is Beautiful or Assorted Gems. :mrgreen:

Sny

Post by Sny » Apr 4th, '11, 05:34

Ethlenn wrote:You may try Life is Beautiful or Assorted Gems. :mrgreen:
I read Assorted Gems' ending is bad, is it true? Any other family dramas beside those two? I prefer 2008 and above since it's hard to find old kdramas :-( .Anyway, thank you so much for your recommendation.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 4th, '11, 05:41

Sny wrote: I read Assorted Gems' ending is bad, is it true? Any other family dramas beside those two? I prefer 2008 and above since it's hard to find old kdramas :-( .Anyway, thank you so much for your recommendation.
try The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House
its funny and really good drama plus its from 2009 ^^

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 4th, '11, 09:42

Hi @ all.
I'm looking for "Identity-switch"or "secret identity"-kdramas, like : Cinderella Man, You're beautiful, 49 Days, Coffee Pince. It shouldn't be too dark, like "Resurrection".

Sny

Post by Sny » Apr 4th, '11, 14:16

The Chaos wrote:
Sny wrote: I read Assorted Gems' ending is bad, is it true? Any other family dramas beside those two? I prefer 2008 and above since it's hard to find old kdramas :-( .Anyway, thank you so much for your recommendation.
try The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House
its funny and really good drama plus its from 2009 ^^
Ok.. I'll try this one, and it had a good rating too. Thank you for The Chaos and Ethlenn for your recommendations :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 4th, '11, 18:18

Ratings are nothing, really, it may be a good drama, but unfortunately it shares the same time slot with another, much hyped and/or idols-filled one, and ratings will be naturally low. But low ratings doesn't equal to bad drama and vice versa. Kim Tak Gu had 50% and I couldn't finish it, cause it was so bad for me. I hate the whole fuss around ratings, it means a lot for big bosses up there, but I couldn't care less.
Life is Beautiful is from 2010, so really new.

@Silverman: try The Duo (currently airing), but it's a period drama (sageuk), so be warned.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 4th, '11, 18:57

Has anyone heard of Gyeongsuk & Gyeongsuk’s Father 경숙이 경숙아버지
? I found the sub at WithS2, but can't find the RAW anywhere. The review says it's very good. Any opinion and guidance? Thx much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 4th, '11, 19:22

I typed the title in google search bar and this is what I got:
Watch:
http://dramaair.com/air-drama-movie-play.php?mid=1536
RAWs are on AM-Addiction, Aja-Aja (closed, for members), and clubbox.

whitehouse

Post by whitehouse » Apr 4th, '11, 22:09

Sny wrote:I saw somebody recommended Family's Honor. I'm watching it right now. Just wanna say.... it's so awesome! I haven't finished it yet, but it's very good. Can anyone recommend another family drama like this? I watched Pure 19, I only like the main couple, the others' story I found it quite boring. But Family's Honor, each couple's story is so good. Although I'm still episode 24, I don't wanna this drama to be over... :( . As for me, find a korean drama that I love is not that easy.
I highly recommend "Be strong Geum soon" if you have not seen it. You'll falling love with this family drama and the male and female lead - Kang Ji Hwang and Han Hye Jin. It's a drama made quite a few years ago.

For the more recent drama, I highly recommend SKK Scandal - loved the story line and the cast. Now I am a big fan of Micky (from DBSQ/JYJ). A must see !!!!

:wub:

whitehouse

Post by whitehouse » Apr 4th, '11, 22:36

[quote="mudav"]Neliets

About What Happened in Bali, I consider this drama to be my ultimate favorite as well. Over the years I must have watched close to 100 k-dramas (may be even more) and I must say there was no other dramas touched me emotionally so deeply as this drama. This is not a "perfect" production but it certainly is a must see drama and worth watching it again and again. So Ji Sub and Jo in Sung were both great in this drama and the OSTs were hauntingly beautiful. :wub:

Sny

Post by Sny » Apr 5th, '11, 01:07

Ethlenn wrote:Ratings are nothing, really, it may be a good drama, but unfortunately it shares the same time slot with another, much hyped and/or idols-filled one, and ratings will be naturally low. But low ratings doesn't equal to bad drama and vice versa. Kim Tak Gu had 50% and I couldn't finish it, cause it was so bad for me. I hate the whole fuss around ratings, it means a lot for big bosses up there, but I couldn't care less.
Life is Beautiful is from 2010, so really new.

@Silverman: try The Duo (currently airing), but it's a period drama (sageuk), so be warned.
OMG.. I thought you meant Life is Beautiful (2001) with Kim Rae Won... :). I was confused since it's not a family drama..apparently there are many dramas with the same title. Anyway.. I saw the sypnosis, it looks pretty good. Gotta download that one too.. Thank you, Ethlenn :)

Whitehouse, I heard Be Strong Geum Soon is a good drama too.. Gotta put that on my watching list.. It's gonna take me a while to finish all of these, but.. hey.. what can I say, I love korean dramas! Thank you for your recommendation :)

Silverman

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=

Post by Silverman » Apr 6th, '11, 12:02

Ethlenn wrote: @Silverman: try The Duo (currently airing), but it's a period drama (sageuk), so be warned.
I have nothing against the time period of historical/period-dramas. The only thing about period-dramas i hate, are the endings. I've watched ~6-8 so far and except "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and "Return of Iljimae", in all these dramas 80-100% of the maincast dies (
Iljimae, Damo, Hong Gil Dong etc.
). Can someone recommend a few period-dramas (genre doesn't matter) with a "happy end"?
Last edited by Silverman on Apr 6th, '11, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Orange_Guy

Re: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&am

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 6th, '11, 16:05

Silverman wrote:
Ethlenn wrote: @Silverman: try The Duo (currently airing), but it's a period drama (sageuk), so be warned.
Omo put that on spoiler :-( i'm currently watching hong gil dong and got spoiled lol
Last edited by Orange_Guy on Apr 6th, '11, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 6th, '11, 16:46

Sorry. Can you pleas edit the quote^^?

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 6th, '11, 21:01

Silverman wrote:Sorry. Can you pleas edit the quote^^?
Done ^^

anisahx

Needs loads of drama help :)

Post by anisahx » Apr 8th, '11, 20:41

Hi i'm new so i dont know if i'm allowed to post topics like this please remove if im not :)

Anyway, i was wondering if there were any dramas with one of the followi g scenarios because i really want to find a drama with one and i cant find any,

Scenario 1: a guy and girl have the whole love hate situation, the guy falls for the girl but the girl hasnt yet realised her feelings. After long and hard tries the guy finally decides to give her up because he thinks someone else deserves her. This is when she realises her feelings and sheds a lot of tears , but in the end they do end up together

Scenario 2: its a good drama with good looking guys, a love hate situation, comedy, a lot of crying and a happy ending

Scenario 3: any typical kdrama with the whole hate each other, then like each other, something happens etc only in the end it shows them as an old couple living happily ( only in the end not as part of the main plot unless its like nicholas sparks - the notebook )

The drama doesnt have to have all. These scenarios i just want to watch a drama with aalt least one of them,
Please help me it would be VERY much apprieciated

P. S. sorry about any typos im doing this via my ipod

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '11, 20:47

Please, any questions about recommendations should be asked here. It's a well organized forum.

About what you ask: Que Sera Sera. Just be prepared. It's a tough one.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 9th, '11, 00:26

The scenarios describe ~90% of romcoms^^.

Secret Garden (imo a must, if you like romcoms)
Boys before Flowers (good, not great)
Cinderella Man (not perfect, but i liked it)
Coffee Prince (very good)
You're beautiful (good, but not for everybody)
Shining inheritance (very good)
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (fits not 100%, but close enough)
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang (good, but not great)
Take care of Agasshi (i liked it)
Birth of the Rich (good)
My Princess (good, but not great, imo a little bit overrated)
Oh! My lady (very good)
My Girl (good)
Hello! Miss (good)

There are a lot more...

toenail

Post by toenail » Apr 9th, '11, 03:30

What would you recommend to watch next for someone who:

- likes SKKS, City Hall, Choon-Hyang, Coffee Prince, Sang-Doo, Gumiho,
- doesn't like Boys Before Flower, You Are Beautiful, Witch Yoo Hee, Full House
- can't finish Attic Cat, Autumn Tale, Bright Girl, What's Up Fox
- won't watch love stories that revolve around love only, there should be real story/goal instead of just "seeking happiness through changing lovers or I'll die, sob sob.."
- no cancer or terminal illness or whatever, and no poor kids to wring heart with (if I want that, i'll just read real life news about all those poor kids in 3rd world countries) - except if that kid is as adorable as Bori in Sang Doo.
- will only watch comedies with happy ending, runs away from horror & tragedy

Thanks!

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 9th, '11, 07:17

Silverman wrote:The scenarios describe ~90% of romcoms^^.

Secret Garden (imo a must, if you like romcoms)
Boys before Flowers (good, not great)
Cinderella Man (not perfect, but i liked it)
Coffee Prince (very good)
You're beautiful (good, but not for everybody)
Shining inheritance (very good)
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (fits not 100%, but close enough)
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang (good, but not great)
Take care of Agasshi (i liked it)
Birth of the Rich (good)
My Princess (good, but not great, imo a little bit overrated)
Oh! My lady (very good)
My Girl (good)

thank you :)
i've watched most of these and theyre kind of all scenario 2
i was jst wondering which of these have scenario 1 or 3 in them?
Thanks again its much appreciated x
Hello! Miss (good)

There are a lot more...

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 9th, '11, 09:04

Ethlenn wrote:Please, any questions about recommendations should be asked here. It's a well organized forum.

About what you ask: Que Sera Sera. Just be prepared. It's a tough one.
Sorry about that and thanks i know where to post now :)
btw what is que sera sera about ?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 9th, '11, 09:10

From dramawiki:
Kang Tae Joo (Eric) is a player with charm and good looks who always dates rich women. One day, he finds a strange poor girl named Han Eun Soo (Jung Yoo Mi) sleeping in front of his door. Although he initially despises her, he eventually finds himself falling for her. Cha Hye Lin (Yoon Ji Hye) is the daughter of a rich shopping mall CEO. Her first love, Shin Joon Hyuk (Lee Kyu Han), dumps her at her father's request. Hye Lin buys herself a new boyfriend to make her ex jealous. That man is Kang Tae Joo, and during their contract relationship, Hye Lin begins to fall in love again. However, Tae Joo already has a girlfriend and he can't forget her as easily as he has forgotten all the women in his past. This drama is basically about the redemption of Kang Tae Joo from bastard to human.
Enjoy the ride^^ :mrgreen:

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 9th, '11, 09:16

Ethlenn wrote:From dramawiki:
Kang Tae Joo (Eric) is a player with charm and good looks who always dates rich women. One day, he finds a strange poor girl named Han Eun Soo (Jung Yoo Mi) sleeping in front of his door. Although he initially despises her, he eventually finds himself falling for her. Cha Hye Lin (Yoon Ji Hye) is the daughter of a rich shopping mall CEO. Her first love, Shin Joon Hyuk (Lee Kyu Han), dumps her at her father's request. Hye Lin buys herself a new boyfriend to make her ex jealous. That man is Kang Tae Joo, and during their contract relationship, Hye Lin begins to fall in love again. However, Tae Joo already has a girlfriend and he can't forget her as easily as he has forgotten all the women in his past. This drama is basically about the redemption of Kang Tae Joo from bastard to human.
Enjoy the ride^^ :mrgreen:

Thanks i will do :)

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Apr 9th, '11, 11:35

i just finshed que sera sera. its good

sophliet

Is Kdrama 'You're Beautiful' really that good?

Post by sophliet » Apr 10th, '11, 04:14

I have been hearing about this drama constantly, how it is the best romance kdrama ever etc etc. Is it truly very good or is the hype misleading? From the description it seems like it has the overused girl-poses-as-boy plotline. I want to know to if this is worth watching? What did you guys think of it?

sairyss

Post by sairyss » Apr 10th, '11, 04:57

I hate to say this but I'm usually a person that enjoys only the occasional K-drama... I have to be in the mood for it since they tend to be so over-the-top. But "You're Beautiful" It's funny and sweet without being TOO k-drama cliche and honestly even when I teared up I would still laugh. It's totally worth it and if you're looking for something else that's just as good, check out "Mary Stayed Out All Night". Also with Jang Geun Suk... hehe I've watched it three times already!

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Apr 10th, '11, 06:12

It is a good show. It's got the humor and tears all wrapped up in a pretty package.
It all really depends on what you are looking for, but it honestly a good show to watch.
I've watched it a few times now, along with Mary stayed out all Night.

I personally like Secret Garden more, but then again Hyun bin is just... wow <3

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Apr 10th, '11, 06:14

It's not "perfect" and it's not my favorite K-drama, but it *is* good fluffy fun and does have some hilarious moments.

If it sounds like the kind of thing you'd enjoy (fluffy, girl-poses-as-boy and amazingly few people figure it out, happy ending, etc.) then by all means go ahead and watch it. Even though it's not on my "favorites" list, I enjoyed it and I'm glad I saw it. 8)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 10th, '11, 20:01

Anyone got a decent drama to watch from those who are airing now? I want something where there are only 2-4 subbed episodes.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 10th, '11, 20:51

I think I might go for Dr.Champ. For Uhm Tae Woong. I hope it's more romance than sports. I hate sports. XD

And will check out Que Sera Sera eventually. Maybe. We'll see. :P

TylerDurden2604

Post by TylerDurden2604 » Apr 10th, '11, 21:13

Hello !!!

Just watched "That Fool". Twice !!! This is only the second drama i watched more than once at all.

The first one was "boku to kanojo to kanojo no ikiru michi". Aaaaahh...Koyuki !!!!

Now i can´t decide whether to rewatch "Women in the Sun" or to start a new kdrama.

Korean Dramas i love are:

Alone i n Love, Thank You, Snow Queen, everything Kim-Sun-Ah did, Sorry I love You, the two mentioned above and some others.

I would be very grateful for some recommendations.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 10th, '11, 21:33

Hee hee. Nice avatar/signature set. It's nice to see more and more people get into this series.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 11th, '11, 05:42

with the exception if Pasta and Sign every Kdrama I've seen so far has had some form of clash between rich and poor and I'm getting sick of it so what are some dramas that have nothing whatsoever to do with class?

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 11th, '11, 11:05

My GF is a Gumiho - although the mainlead is the grandson of a chaebol, it plays just a very minor role in the story, because he is kicked out in the first episode and the rest of drama he lives a "normal" life

Dr. Champ
Dream High
One mom, three dads
Playful Kiss
Super Rookie
You're beautiful

But almost all the other kdramas i know, have some kind of clash between rich and poor. If you are looking for dramas, where the wealth doesn't play a major role, then there are a lot more.

As for Pasta and Sign, so there is also a class-clash. In Sign the "main"-murderer is able to avoid justice, because of wealth and power. In Pasta is the 2nd male lead filthy rich...
So kdramas with "normal" people are very rare.

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 11th, '11, 13:16

Sajen16 wrote:with the exception if Pasta and Sign every Kdrama I've seen so far has had some form of clash between rich and poor and I'm getting sick of it so what are some dramas that have nothing whatsoever to do with class?
I dont think there are a lot without some kind of clash,, out of the dramas i've watched the ones with the clash are better and more interesting :)

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Apr 11th, '11, 23:14

I found a torrent available to an older k-series "The Scales of Providence" and Im just wondering if anyone else saw this drama and can tell me if its any good or watchable. I have other recommendations for some dramas but I just cant seem to find the time to watch anything. So I thought I just might as well prepare myself for the time being so when I can I'll watch something whole and just enjoy the series. :whistling:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Apr 13th, '11, 13:08

In a few Kdramas the characters talk about, well, Kdramas. And I heard a few times, that one of the cliches is, that the lovers turn out to be brother and sister (but later on, one of them is turned out to be adopted). I'm just curious, is there actualy such a drama?

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 19th, '11, 13:01

I'm feeling a bit international right now!
So is there any K-drama that has a mixed couple or chars from overseas in it.
I love stuff like that

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 19th, '11, 13:20

Assorted Jewels, My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, Tamra The Island, now in Midas there is one guy.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 19th, '11, 13:44

Fugitive: Plan B has a quite handsome American guy in it.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Apr 19th, '11, 15:37

Uff, wasn't aware there were this many! Will check out.
Cheers!

anisahx

Post by anisahx » Apr 19th, '11, 17:57

i really cannot stand taiwanese dramas , sorry to any taiwanese drama fans out there,
but some of them have really good storylines so i was wondering if there were any korean or even japanese versions of fated to love you or p.s. man

chikha

Post by chikha » Apr 23rd, '11, 15:22

1.) What good Kdrama do you recommend that involves cooking?
2.) Any suggestions of good historical drama that involves cooking other than dae jang geum?

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 24th, '11, 00:43

chikha wrote:1.) What good Kdrama do you recommend that involves cooking?
Pasta

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Apr 24th, '11, 04:30

I don't know is this the right thread to ask this but i read a lot positive reviews of 'New Tales Of Gisaeng' and I'm thinking of watching it BUT
I don't find Assorted Gems good. I find it average. I stop at ep39(I was only interested in granny love story by that episode).

So , anyone that is not fond of 'Assorted Gems' but like 'New Tales Of Gisaeng' ?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 27th, '11, 18:01

chikha wrote:1.) What good Kdrama do you recommend that involves cooking?
2.) Any suggestions of good historical drama that involves cooking other than dae jang geum?
1)I really really like you(a very good drama, by the way), Whitch Yoo Hee(not much of a cooking, but the guy was a cook), My lovely Kim Sam Soon. I recommend I really really like you and Witch Amusement(aka Whitch Yoo Hee).
2) I have watched only 1 historical drama :>

Give me something to watch... I want something sad. Something like forbidden love or something. I prefer good ending. But sad not because some family members or friends dies all the time or the lead is just pitiful. I want sadness and passion between lovers. Anyone got something like that? Something like A Love To Kill, Que Sera Sera, What Hapenned in Bali, Soulmate, Sorry, I Love You, Bad Guy etc.

Even though I don't cry or feel sad while watching that kind of dramas, I love the tension, passion and the seriousness.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 27th, '11, 18:08

Eee... I was about to say 90 Days - Time to Love, but both leads have limited time to live, keke... Oh it's sad, it's heartwenching, it's agonizing!! Buckets of tears!
It's Kang Jihwan and Kim Haneul.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 27th, '11, 18:28

Ethlenn wrote:Eee... I was about to say 90 Days - Time to Love, but both leads have limited time to live, keke... Oh it's sad, it's heartwenching, it's agonizing!! Buckets of tears!
Got anything else? I don't want to know the ending right from the start.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 27th, '11, 19:19

Neliets wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Eee... I was about to say 90 Days - Time to Love, but both leads have limited time to live, keke... Oh it's sad, it's heartwenching, it's agonizing!! Buckets of tears!
imo it isn't as good as other melodramas but still i think you'll like it, i did.

Another recommendation an obvious one The Snow Queen.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 27th, '11, 20:34

Orange_Guy wrote:
Neliets wrote:
imo it isn't as good as other melodramas but still i think you'll like it, i did.

Another recommendation an obvious one The Snow Queen.
Read the synopsis. You hit right on the spot. ;'D

chikha

Post by chikha » May 1st, '11, 15:23

@Neliet thanks for the suggestion im searching it now on google.. :D

I am about to finish Dong Yi now and I am just wondering which historical drama should I download first Queen Seonduk or Yi San? Both have really long episodes that's why I want to ask your opinion first before I start to download :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 1st, '11, 15:38

Both taeha are about something totally different. If I had to chose, I'd go for Yi San. It's better and without any useless extention. QSD was scheduled to 50 eps, but the last 12 eps were added later and they have completely no sense whatsoever. It's not a bad drama, it's great, minus last 12 eps though.