In this forum I will be posting RAW episodes of the 1996 Taiga Drama Hideyoshi

Title: 秀吉
Title (romaji): Hideyoshi
Episodes: 49
Genre: Taiga drama, Renzoku drama
Broadcast Period: 1996-Jan-07 to 1996-Dec-22

More info at:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hideyoshi

Please let me know if this is appreciated, as uploading is hard work...

-Tenguking
Last edited by TenguKing on Mar 17th, '11, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.

geradix
Singapore

Post by geradix » Mar 14th, '11, 23:58

This is appreciated of course. Thank you.

zorkaz

Post by zorkaz » Mar 15th, '11, 01:46

many thanks

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Mar 15th, '11, 01:54

Yayyy!! Awesome, thank you!
:cheers:

TenguKing

Hideyoshi (1996)

Post by TenguKing » Mar 15th, '11, 23:08

[links removed]

I edited these videos for my own personal use because the audio was terrible. I was thinking that some of you might find them enjoyable as well.

-Tenguking
Last edited by TenguKing on Mar 17th, '11, 00:18, edited 4 times in total.

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 16th, '11, 21:00

appreciated indeed, arigatou!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 16th, '11, 23:25

OMG!! HIDEYOSHI!!! Matsu Takako as Chacha / Lady Yodo!!!! Sanada Hiroyuki as Ishida Mitsunari!! Thank you, thank you so much!!!! It is very, very, very much appreciated, I feel like crying!*v*

I'm a fan of Matsu, and ever since I became a jidaigeki fan, I kept looking for HIDEYOSHI vids, to no avail. Had been really wanting to see Matsu as Chacha, as I think she'd fit the role perfectly, but I can only find the compilation episodes of Hideyoshi at Tudou.

So you're a saviour!! Thank you, thank you very much!^O^

TenguKing

End of Hideyoshi uploading project...

Post by TenguKing » Mar 17th, '11, 00:09

I was sent a warning by the administrators recently regarding taking down my links due to a ban that I was not aware of on DDL...

Link to the policy:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_70291.htm

Thus, I must sadly bring my uploading project to a conclusion. I have asked that the links and thread stay up until the ban is made effective at the end of the month, but seeing as that is quickly approaching, I have decided to stop my uploading for the current time. I had put a lot of work into the uploading and believe me when I say I am the saddest one to see it end... but I have no wish to break the rules of this community, as it has given me a lot in the past...

On a happier note, please feel free to re-distribute any of what I have already posted as I take no credit for any of it, and consider all of it to be in the public domain.

My sincerest apologies,

-Tenguking

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 17th, '11, 20:31

Could you maybe make torrents?
If bandwidth is a problem: maybe just putting up one torrent with with 5 episodes every 1 or 2 weeks, letting then the peers seed the batch of the week before while you can just seed the new one?

Anyway, thanx for the work already done! :salut:

Tai

Re: Hideyoshi (1996)

Post by Tai » Mar 21st, '11, 20:49

TenguKing wrote:In this forum I will be posting RAW episodes of the 1996 Taiga Drama Hideyoshi Title: 秀吉

Please let me know if this is appreciated, as uploading is hard work...

-Tenguking

TenguKing I just now found this up. Thank you...Hideyoshi
I say heart to heart "Never let fear nor Atmosphere slow you down".
Just as there was a King born 9/11/3b.c with a dragon ready to eat him. He sacrificed himself for our freedom. Do you know him!
Now TenguKing desu yo, in 2011 there are still repressive laws and rules that I have no idea about, I only know we like Hideyosh...! Some folks like Evolution,but there is no such thing. Some people are doing revolution, and it is about time. Then there is the Fukushima 50 who are about saving an Island. The Gold Monkey was about uniting a people, Hideyosh!!!
Yosh,the little sandal bearer that upped himself to a position of Monkey King. He unified the nation and had he lived even more, all my friends first language would be Nipponese. ESL would be taught in Brtiain and a Nippon Commonwealth would be more than Tsunami Insurance.
If you like this drama plz ask TenguKing to continue to up the film. Episodes forever!
Really, D addicts should be about "have you had a nice up" it is not the same as "Are you down with that"
You said let me know if we appreciate your upload and I say this note was never about
:goggle: or even :argue: Yeah, this is about :wub: and :salut: Mostly it is :cheers:
Ok then, I am all about watching this. For Now.

Humpakistani

Post by Humpakistani » Mar 24th, '11, 04:49

Hideyoshi was a very good drama of japan in 1996 and i like it so much even i have watch it so many times but every time it tasted a new one and i like it so to watch thanks for the sharing

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 24th, '11, 05:06

Humpakistani wrote:Hideyoshi was a very good drama of japan in 1996 and i like it so much even i have watch it so many times but every time it tasted a new one and i like it so to watch thanks for the sharing
So you've watched HIDEYOSHI before? Does the plot deal with the Imjin War in any way? Just wondering :roll

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 24th, '11, 05:38

yanie wrote:
Humpakistani wrote:Hideyoshi was a very good drama of japan in 1996 and i like it so much even i have watch it so many times but every time it tasted a new one and i like it so to watch thanks for the sharing
So you've watched HIDEYOSHI before? Does the plot deal with the Imjin War in any way? Just wondering :roll
I only watched the condensed version of the drama and it almost made no mention of that war.

I looked through the episode titles and the main cast members for each of those later episodes when the war would take place. The main generals (Kato Kiyomasa, Fukushima Masanori, Konishi Yukinaga, Shimazu Yoshihiro, etc) were not on the cast list...so maybe the war was told by narration, like in other Taiga's.

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 24th, '11, 05:46

If there is anything at all about the war, it'd be from episode 46 to the end (49). Episode 45 deals with Sen no Rikyu's death in 1591, and the war began the year after.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 24th, '11, 07:32

Wow, thanks for finding it out, Liubeibei!^^
Yappari, no adaptation have ever shown the Imjin war, na~

I've also watched the compilation eps in TUDOU. From the condensed version, I personally don't really like "Hideyoshi" as a whole, esp. Sawaguchi Yasuko's portrayal as Nene/One.

But I'm really dying to see more of Matsu as Chacha, plus gotten more excited when I saw Sanada Hiroyuki as Ishida Mitsunari^^ Really curious what's with that scene where Chacha was dressed in European dress XD

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 24th, '11, 18:32

Maybe because that war is a really touchy subject matter ne~

About that scene where Chacha is wearing the nanban dress, isn't she trying to entice Mitsunari there?

And Chacha seems to be really fond of Hideyoshi in this drama XD

The Kiyosu meeting is really..."different" too, imo.

MetalKaiser

Post by MetalKaiser » Mar 25th, '11, 16:14

Hi TenguKing,

I think you should keep the project up. You may have two easy alternatives:

1) Make torrents for the episodes,

2) Upload all the episodes to Megaupload, provide us with the links (in a temporary blog or whatever), and let some of us make the torrents for you. Once the torrents are up, you could delete the files in Megaupload (and the temporary blog) if you want.

But losing the opportunity of sharing this taiga is unforgivable! ;)

Thanks for your effort.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 25th, '11, 16:29

MetalKaiser wrote:Hi TenguKing,

I think you should keep the project up. You may have two easy alternatives:

1) Make torrents for the episodes,

2) Upload all the episodes to Megaupload, provide us with the links (in a temporary blog or whatever), and let some of us make the torrents for you. Once the torrents are up, you could delete the files in Megaupload (and the temporary blog) if you want.

But losing the opportunity of sharing this taiga is unforgivable! ;)

Thanks for your effort.
Sounds like a good idea.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 25th, '11, 22:55

MetalKaiser wrote:2) Upload all the episodes to Megaupload, provide us with the links (in a temporary blog or whatever), and let some of us make the torrents for you. Once the torrents are up, you could delete the files in Megaupload (and the temporary blog) if you want.
That's a very good idea! TenguKing, yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu! :notworthy:

kaorusy

Post by kaorusy » Mar 29th, '11, 22:30

yanie wrote: I've also watched the compilation eps in TUDOU. From the condensed version, I personally don't really like "Hideyoshi" as a whole, esp. Sawaguchi Yasuko's portrayal as Nene/One.
Sawaguchi was too beautiful to play Nene. How could Nene be more beautiful than Chacha?
Voilà, all my opinions for these two roles.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 30th, '11, 02:12

kaorusy wrote: Sawaguchi was too beautiful to play Nene. How could Nene be more beautiful than Chacha?
lol, is Nene not suppose to be beautiful??^^ My problem with Sawaguchi's Nene is that she portrayed the role too gloomy. Thus, there's no fun in Hideyoshi-Nene's relationship.

kaorusy

Post by kaorusy » Mar 30th, '11, 14:28

lol, is Nene not suppose to be beautiful??^^ My problem with Sawaguchi's Nene is that she portrayed the role too gloomy. Thus, there's no fun in Hideyoshi-Nene's relationship.
Gloomy? Have you watched the whole version?
If this Nene was too gloomy, it’s not because of the actress, but the script.

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Apr 4th, '11, 01:41

That's too bad that the drama skirts around the Imjin War considering it's one of the big events which characterizes Hideyoshi's rule. I guess it's understandable, but I'd still love to see a Japanese-language production about the Imjin War, one of the most fascinating conflicts in all of East Asian history. (The Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese would not all three meet on the battlefield again until the 20th Century!)

Hadn't heard of this drama before but W-O-W at those ratings. O_O
Ep1=26.6, High=37.4, Avg=30.5
That's remarkable.

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Apr 4th, '11, 10:50

^ I think ratings were generally higher back then because TV didn't have much competition (internet, videogaming, DVDs)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 26th, '11, 03:04

I just watched Ep1, and wow, I really shouldn't have judge this series by it's compilation 4 eps!! The compilation eps really didn't show any of the better scenes XD

I just wanted to take a peek of the first few mins, but I ended up watching the whole 1.5 hour of Ep1!
I really enjoyed the first ep! I feel that this adaptation have class.

Then, I watched it back to back with Ep1 of Toshiie to Matsu, as both have pretty much the same start. (around the time of Oda Nobunaga's dispute with his brother, Nobuyuki)
To my surprise, HIDEYOSHI is much better in script and directing. Nothing can go wrong in casting Takenaka Naoto as Hideyoshi! Very different with his overacting/exagerrated performance in Nodame or in any other dramas/movies he starred, he acted the monkey-like Hideyoshi very natural. I might like his portrayal a bit better than Kagawa Teruyuki's.

Watari Tetsuya as Oda Nobunaga is okay, but something's just not right... Watari is too old for the role.
I still prefer Sorimachi Takashi's Nobunaga.

What I'm very interested with in Ep1, was the first meeting between Hideyoshi and Akechi Mitsuhide during their respective journeys. Hideyoshi was just wandering around in adventure (before he stepped into the Oda clan) and Akechi who was in a journey with his sick wife and little daughter, Tama. They went on a journey together for quite a while, and witnessed how Nobunaga came to Saito Dosan's place to settle a truce. Then they separated after that.

I don't know much about Akechi Mitsuhide's early life, so I was just wondering why he was on a journey in this time around? He did finally arrive at his mother's place. But just wondering who does he work for in this time. I like Murakami Hiroaki's portrayal as Akechi, very handsome and yasashii, lol. So caring abt his wife too.

I really like Hideyoshi's mother too, a very "countryside" mother^^ Just a bit disappointed that Hideyoshi's sisters are pretty XD

I don't really like the actress who plays Ichi, she's not pretty enough to be Ichi, and she looked so arrogant.

The background music scores by Koroku Reijiro are excellent!! Really love them! I wish I can get the OST tracks >_< (Actually, Koroku also composed scores for "Komyo ga Tsuji", but the scores for "Komyo" were not too memorable for me.)

HIDEYOSHI is an adaptation of 3 novels by the same author, Sakaiya Taichi.
1. Hideyoshi ~Yume wo Koeta Otoko~
2. Oni to Hito to (focuses on the Honnoji Hen: Nobunaga vs Mitsuhide)
3. Toyotomi Hidenaga

I believe Akechi and Hidenaga will get quite focus as well, in this series.

Will continue to watch the rest 19 episodes^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 4th, '11, 06:19

Watched up to Ep7...

I love the miraculous stories of Hideyoshi building a castle in one night, also the story when Hideyoshi had to fill up the gaps in Kiyosu castle's rock walls. I rarely see these stories shown in any adaptation, except a bit of the one-night-castle in "komyo ga tsuji". Is there any website where I can read detailed historical facts on the above matters?

Hideyoshi's effort in persuading Takenaka Hanbei (the military strategist) to come to Oda's side is always interesting to see.

I also like how this series tells the story also from Akechi Mitsuhide's point of view. It tells the story how he became the vassal of shogun Ashikaga Yoshiaki and how Yoshiaki asked him to "create" him a "bridge" between him and Oda Nobunaga.

I really like the actress who acted as Naka, Hideyoshi's mom, she might be the most suitable actress ever to be Hideyoshi's mother.

Maeda Toshiie (Maeda Inuchiyo) is quite a prominent character as well in this series. Perhaps, its really true that Hideyoshi was well-acquainted with Toshiie.

Mm... still don't like Sawaguchi Yasuko as One... somehow she lacks spirit, quite a boring character. And, I don't like how the writer made...
One become barren :( Most of historical records suspects that it was Hideyoshi who was (almost)barren, because none of his other concubines can carry him a child as well, besides Chacha. Actually another 2 concubines were pregnant with his child, but both immediately died as babies, just like Chacha's first one, right?

I, especially, dislike the part when One got so dramatic and frustrated of the fact she can't have child anymore. I thought her character is suppose to have a big heart and very patient, as shown in the previous scene where One seem okay even though Nobunaga only gave Hideyoshi a pouch of tea caddy as a reward for the one-night-castle Hideyoshi built. Seem like the writer is confused of what to do with One. Sawaguchi's lack-of-spirit portrayal as One, doesn't help either.

TenguKing

Need help with torrent project...

Post by TenguKing » May 9th, '11, 09:40

Due to the large response from the members regarding the continuation of this project, I decided that I'd finish it since I started it prior to April... (links below)

Hideyoshi - Episodes 01-49:
[links removed]

I would like to ask that those who offered to make this Hideyoshi project into a torrent (you know who you are) and then to continue to share the episodes through d-addicts via torrent, to please do so at your earliest convenience...

... and if you felt so inclined to toss some credit my way, that would, of course, be much appreciated. As soon as this is done, please also have my links removed in accordance with the new rules.

-Tenguking
Last edited by TenguKing on May 11th, '11, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

Yocto

Re: Need help with torrent project...

Post by Yocto » May 9th, '11, 10:46

Thanks [ +1 ] [ I Like ] TenguKing! :)

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » May 9th, '11, 11:24

I cant thank you enough TenguKing. I never thougiht i'dget the chance ta se this drama again.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 9th, '11, 11:41

TenguKing!!!!!!!!! You're my savior, once again!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bows*

TenguKing

Japanese Filesharing

Post by TenguKing » May 9th, '11, 19:06

Just an FYI, many other series that I had previously though unattainable are in fact available through Japanese Filesharing... Taiheiki, Dokuganryu Masamune, and the posted Hideyoshi just being a small fraction of whats out there if you do a bit of searching.

-Tenguking
Last edited by TenguKing on May 11th, '11, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 9th, '11, 19:11

I warned you^^

MetalKaiser

Post by MetalKaiser » May 26th, '11, 11:02

Hi again,

First of all, thanks to TenguKing for the big effort! Now, two simple questions:

1. To everybody: Who is going to make the Torrent file? I have never made one but if nobody volunteers, I will try to do it.

2. To TenguKing: I am very interested in Taiga drama, so could you provide me the URLs to get information about that Japanese Filesharing? All I could find until now was a Chinese site where Japanese dramas are subtitled in Chinese (which I cannot understand).

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 26th, '11, 11:27

MetalKaiser wrote:Hi again,

First of all, thanks to TenguKing for the big effort! Now, two simple questions:

1. To everybody: Who is going to make the Torrent file? I have never made one but if nobody volunteers, I will try to do it.

2. To TenguKing: I am very interested in Taiga drama, so could you provide me the URLs to get information about that Japanese Filesharing? All I could find until now was a Chinese site where Japanese dramas are subtitled in Chinese (which I cannot understand).
I have PMed TenguKing asking if it's okay if I make one (or several) batches of the drama. I haven't gotten any reply yet.
It could be possible that others have PM:ed him saying they can make a batch as well.

TenguKing

Sorry Keiko

Post by TenguKing » May 27th, '11, 09:34

Sorry Keiko,

I got that PM and thought I had replied. Yes please go ahead with the torrent. Since I have no experience in making them, I would much appreciate your assistance.

-Tenguking

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Sorry Keiko

Post by Keiko1981 » May 27th, '11, 09:44

TenguKing wrote:Sorry Keiko,

I got that PM and thought I had replied. Yes please go ahead with the torrent. Since I have no experience in making them, I would much appreciate your assistance.

-Tenguking
I did get a notification by e-mail that I had a new PM, but when I checked there wasn't any in my PM inbox. :scratch:

Hideyoshi will be seeded from June 1st-Aug 1st.
I will post the complete drama in one batch torrent.
The whole drama is 16,8GB.

Seeding will usually be done every day from 13:00-16:00 (local Swedish time). That is before I begin seeding Life is Beautiful.
At The World Clock you can see what the time is currently all over the world. Sometimes it may happen I come online earlier or stay longer.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Mar 11th, '12, 23:45

yanie wrote:
kaorusy wrote: Sawaguchi was too beautiful to play Nene. How could Nene be more beautiful than Chacha?
Sorry for being late to the party (is there still one lol), but IMHO Sawaguchi was already going downhill at that point, e.g. showing too much gum in her laugh (sign of not enough flossing?), which became a really sad sight to behold later in Shinsengumi :-(

K1ngLear

Post by K1ngLear » Jan 10th, '15, 17:56

Sorry again for reactivating such an old threat but i want to ask if somebody had english subtitles for it or know where i can get one.

Thx

cirmos
Hungary

Post by cirmos » Feb 18th, '15, 12:09

K1ngLear wrote:Sorry again for reactivating such an old threat but i want to ask if somebody had english subtitles for it or know where i can get one.

Thx
Unfortunately there are not any kind of subtitles for Hideyoshi.

Sewerrat1
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by Sewerrat1 » Aug 21st, '17, 15:46

cirmos wrote:
K1ngLear wrote:Sorry again for reactivating such an old threat but i want to ask if somebody had english subtitles for it or know where i can get one.

Thx
Unfortunately there are not any kind of subtitles for Hideyoshi.
There is an English subbed version for sale on some vendor sites that has all the episodes subbed except episode 1. It is a VHS quality print.

Zkbagles122

Re: [Discussion] Hideyoshi

Post by Zkbagles122 » Jan 12th, '19, 07:58

Are there any .srt files available for this drama? it seems megaupload was taken down

taikosama
United States of America

Post by taikosama » Feb 8th, '19, 21:49

Did anything ever come of this? I'd love to get my hands on some subtitles for Hideyoshi.

haroon

Post by haroon » Mar 27th, '19, 15:43

oh please I need the subtitle of this movie, please help

burnerboy

Post by burnerboy » Dec 24th, '19, 22:12

There are subs on subscene.

halenom
United States of America

Post by halenom » Mar 6th, '20, 17:07

There appear to be subs for this on subscene now:
https://subscene.com/subtitles/hideyosh ... sh/2085291

They look real. The ones for the first episode match with the version currently on YouTube with Indonesian subtitles.