[Discussion] Freeter, Ie wo Kau (Ninomiya Kazunari, Karina)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] Freeter, Ie wo Kau (Ninomiya Kazunari, Karina)

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 8th, '10, 20:01

Freeter, Ie wo Kau a.k.a. Furiitaa, Ie wo Kau

Time: Tuesdays 9.00 pm
Starting Date: 19 Oct 2010
Plot: The story is based on a book of the same name by Hiro Arikawa, published last year. The story revolves around a young man named Seiji Take (Ninomiya), who quits his job after three months. With no dreams, no savings, and a poor relationship with his family, he becomes a hikikomori (shut-in) in his own room. However, after his mother falls ill with depression, he ends up having to take on a part-time job at a construction site. Because of that, he soon decides to work towards rebuilding his life: "Even though I'm just a freeter, I'm going to buy a house for the sake of my family." One of the people he meets at the construction site is Manami Chiba (Karina), who graduated from a top-class university and joined a well-known general contracting firm. Manami, proud to be working as an on-site supervisor, is the complete opposite of Seiji. But while their personalities clash at first, they gradually come to understand each other.

Cast: Ninomiya Kazunari, Karina, Igawa Haruka, Maruyama Ryuhei, Shima Daisuke, Otomo Kohei, Washio Machiko, Sakaguchi Ryoko, Takenaka Naoto, Asano Atsuko

English subs : (Hard) STORMY team sub + (Hard) freeter_ohno @a_ra_shi lj
LiveJournal Community
Official Site

Edit:
Softsubs are available now! Thanks to earthcolors!
Check this post http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_96365.htm
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jun 16th, '11, 19:59, edited 3 times in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 8th, '10, 20:10

120s CM - subbed on YT

scans credits tovendy This will be Nino's first starring role in a drama since Ryusei no Kizuna in 2008. I'm looking forward to this human drama!

jae.kimmie

Post by jae.kimmie » Oct 18th, '10, 13:06

^yeah me too~ the teaser was intriguing, and i've missed him act in a human drama.

but what makes it more interesting is that there's also a love story. now i won't exactly be hoping for super giddy-worthy scenes (i've experienced disappointment because of Tokujo Kabachi), but it's NinoXKarina! i am happy no matter what.

~jae

PS has anyone announced soft subs?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 19th, '10, 02:55

jae.kimmie wrote: there's also a love story
Less than 9 hours for the drama to start!!
Yeah! but let's not expect much! It's a 21:00 Jdrama after all! xD
jae.kimmie wrote:PS has anyone announced soft subs?
No.

jae.kimmie

Post by jae.kimmie » Oct 19th, '10, 06:14

^oh. but since STORMY is subbing, then we'd have to wait until it finishes airing, right?

7 more hours! :) i'm really getting excited!

~jae

littlevixxy

juz asking

Post by littlevixxy » Oct 19th, '10, 15:11

erm... to get subs from stormy team is by joining their community rite? but it seems they are pretty strict in choosing who may join them... so.. does that mean there is no possibilities for a non member like me to watch this drama? :-(

masaka___

Post by masaka___ » Oct 20th, '10, 20:16

I downloaded the transport stream from the Elitist Fags (lol). I enjoyed the first episode, and it managed to extract a few tears from me at the end. (Moms do so much for us....)

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 21st, '10, 10:47

Just watched the first episode. I thought the topic was handled very well. The freeter in this doesn't seem to have much problems other than his lack of direction and stability, so on average I think it would be a bit worse than this, but the loss of self belief, social contact and its impact on family was all shown intelligently. When I read the initial synopsis, I thought it could be a bit cheesy but I like this first episode. The second half went by very quickly and was over before I knew it. I found out afterwards that it's by one of my favourite writer, the one who wrote "The Way I Live" trilogy. A lot of promise, possibly the pick of the season, definitely looking forward to this. Karina only made a brief appearance, I was surprised by her lack of screen time, but her role will be important later on.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 21st, '10, 14:54

What a pleasant surprise! I didn't expect much reading the synopsis. I watched ep1 because I was curious and didn't plan to continue watching. But it was GOOD!

I can identify with the lead character. (wanting to give up a thousand times a day) LOL
The plot is depressing but It sure made me want to work harder!

xploring, thanks for the info. so it was that writer! no wonder. I really like the Boku trilogy!

I'm bummed here. Too many things to watch this season. -_-;

NeenaShareefaDanish

Post by NeenaShareefaDanish » Oct 23rd, '10, 14:59

It is indeed a very god human drama,,,
love Nino's acting here

hideboy

Post by hideboy » Oct 23rd, '10, 21:34

HI anyone can update this drama's 704 ×396 Xvid vergion????

biraincute

Post by biraincute » Oct 24th, '10, 06:11

Is someone subbing a soft sub for this?

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 25th, '10, 11:34

hideboy wrote:HI anyone can update this drama's 704 ×396 Xvid vergion????
704 version can be downloaded from nomanymore's blog
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... o-kau.html

bbathome

Re: juz asking

Post by bbathome » Oct 26th, '10, 17:35

littlevixxy wrote:erm... to get subs from stormy team is by joining their community rite? but it seems they are pretty strict in choosing who may join them... so.. does that mean there is no possibilities for a non member like me to watch this drama? :-(
Sad but true - no clue how they are selecting - really strange behavior - but it is their choice to show this bad appearance :-(

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 29th, '10, 14:48

There's a new subbing AND streaming group just posted their subbed videos at a_ra_shi community at LJ. The post is locked to community members only but I think its easier to be a member of a_ra_shi than Stormy. Those interested should give it a try. I'm not going to post a direct link to the post but you can search the community tags (sharing: streamingvid) after getting a membership. Hope more people can watch this drama

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 30th, '10, 09:27

again, the subs (soft and hard) can be easily downloaded from nomanymore's blog.

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... o-kau.html

I know I sound like his/her representatives or something hahaha

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 30th, '10, 22:30

The second episode was pretty hard to watch at times, I stopped a couple of times. It's not as serious or focused as the first episode. Seems like things will start to get better in the next episode, which is a relief. Seiji is over the hardest part already.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 31st, '10, 01:39

^what parts that made you feel it was hard to watch?
I breezed through the second episode compared to the first. It took me awhile to finish the first half of the first episode. It was an excellent pilot nonetheless. I was like this > :cry: :cry: :cry: during the credit roll and Hatenai Sora is playing. This drama and the theme songs hits a nail.

I like how the story is progressing in the 2nd episode and it made me impatient to watch the 3rd.

Here's a review by WM. Penn at Daily Yomiuri:
TELEVIEWS / Fuji TV offers hope in TV land

Freeter, Ie o Kau (Tuesdays, 9 p.m.) also has a great cast and the story is believable and realistically done. It's so realistic, I was feeling very grumpy by the end of it. I wanted to yell: Relax, everybody, and stop making each other's lives more difficult.

Seiji (Arashi's Kazunari Ninomiya) is an average guy turned into a freeter (short-term worker) by his pride and prevailing corporate and societal values.

Employed by a medium-sized company, he's appalled by the silliness of the new-hire training session at a "dojo," where it's considered appropriate to whack with a long stick those who don't perform as ordered. Nor does logic prevail in the office, where a tyrannical department head rules.

I couldn't help sympathizing when Seiji quit after just three months, but his father (Naoto Takenaka), a stubborn, old-school corporate warrior, views his decision as weak and selfish. Resilient at first, Seiji interviews at other companies, where, as his father predicted, quitting is held against him. He tries various part-time jobs, but after a year, he is defeated and holed up in his room playing computer games.

Meanwhile, his supportive, long-suffering, stay-at-home mother is found huddled on the kitchen floor repeatedly mumbling "sorry" and "excuse me." She is diagnosed with depression. His father blames it all on Seiji. The true cause is
the stressful household he gruffly rules and a nasty, nosy neighbor, a five-star general in the garbage monitoring brigade.
The family crisis does jolt Seiji into taking a 10,000 yen-a-day construction site job where he meets Manami (Karina), a civil engineering grad who wants to build bridges. She'll help him get his life back on track. If the title is any indicator, this one will have a happy ending--it translates as "A freeter buys a house"--but it's not exactly relaxing viewing.
Its a good review if you are wondering :)
Last edited by brokenparadise on Oct 31st, '10, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 31st, '10, 05:14

brokenparadise wrote:^what parts that made you feel it was hard to watch?
The parts with the mum and the sister, I guess it's a personal thing.

There's a couple of spoilers in the review above.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 31st, '10, 06:54

^ The sister's side story is bothering me a bit. It made me wonder if a lot of Japanese housewives
...tend to be bullied by their peers. I thought it would be enough of a good reason for the sister not being able to keep an eye on their sick mother because of being far and having a family of her own, they just have to add to her burden the strict mother in-law and jealous PTA wives. I guess it will force Seiji to have a more hands on role in taking care of their mother rather than just making money but poor sister. I hope she won't end up depressed too
Fixed it but only one spoiler. I find the rest was already shown on the CMs

------ (Added) ---

Another thing I don't get, why Manami (Karina's character) is kinda..
... flirty with Seiji especially at the end of episode 2. Not a complain because I can see some sparks but I'd rather Seiji is the one who took an interest to Manami than the other way round. Despite having a cutey pie Nino-face, Seiji is weak and not attractive for a person like Manami's character.

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Oct 31st, '10, 12:56

This dorama is so serious and realistic it reminds me of 90th dark doramas. And I really like it! I can deeply sympathize with characters because their problems seems so real. Though sometimes it becomes really hard and painful to watch because of such an involvement with the characters.

I also impressed by the cast. The whole crew is just amazing! So much pleasure to watch when no one overacts. Father's angry tirades, mother's depression, Seiji's regrets and tears - these all are so easy to overact and yet everyone done it so well.

Definitely my favorite dorama this season ^^

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 1st, '10, 13:19

Cant believe this drama isnt getting more attention.

Thought it would be a comedy at first but oh no i got something totally else. And i love it.
Definately one of the best this season.

Been a while since i watched a jdrama like this. This serious, dark and realistic.

This season really is amazing. Oh japan i love you :cheers:

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Nov 4th, '10, 01:48

If you don't want to deal with nomanymore.blogspot.com (I got hit with sooo many redirects and junk while there! Ugh! It made me very glad I run Linux) the people that are subbing Freeter posted upload links to the a_ra_shi livejournal community. That's http://community.livejournal.com/a_ra_shi/profile. Membership is open (you just need to have a livejournal account) and the relevant entry is tagged uploads: freeter

I watched the first episode this evening, it was really good. I think the favorite part was the mother's story, because it felt real. I'm looking forward to watching the next episode when I have time!

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 4th, '10, 03:14

i LOVE the 3rd episode!

The ratings for now: (1)17.6%, (2)16.8%, (3)17.7% :cheers: :w00t:
Keep up the high numbers Freeter!

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Nov 5th, '10, 14:47

just finished watching ep3
it's really strange how Seiji is fixed on buying a house. Why not rent an apartment? @_@

if I were him, I'd try to tape that witch messing with the garbage and show it around to everyone in the neighborhood and make her life a living hell. >:(

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 6th, '10, 02:09

noshadow31 wrote:just finished watching ep3
it's really strange how Seiji is fixed on buying a house. Why not rent an apartment? @_@

if I were him, I'd try to tape that witch messing with the garbage and show it around to everyone in the neighborhood and make her life a living hell. >:(
To convince his father that he is serious? I don't think his father would settle with any less since he is still working with the company that funded their house expenses. They've been living in this house all thier lives, so even if moving will solve the bullying problem, a change of environment and possibility that the family will be broken because of the move will further deteriorate mum's health. I don't think the father will agree as easily.
Seiji needs to keep them together for his mother sakes.

FallenMalazan

Post by FallenMalazan » Nov 15th, '10, 21:58

Is episode 3 subbed, or do you just understand japanese?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 17th, '10, 14:55

What really get's me angry about this otherwise great drama is the way they treat depression. Does anybody actually live in Japan and knows something about it? Because if they way of treatment is giving some medicine and hoping that everything will become better magically - it's just the most stupid thing I ever heard and I hope I'll never get depressive in Japan. The mother is suicidal for god's sake. Of course, Seiji is totally overstrained - they can not possibly believe he has the ability to make it better, he's not a therapist - he's a family member. And these scenes at the hospital where the doctor talks to the relatives and the mother is practically thrown out of the room, as if she isn't involved at all. What about therapy? I mean even if she has to be hospitalized they cannot really think she'll just recover like this, even if they move. There is something fundamentally wrong here.

saayan

Post by saayan » Nov 18th, '10, 09:17

MaiKitty wrote:What really get's me angry about this otherwise great drama is the way they treat depression. Does anybody actually live in Japan and knows something about it? Because if they way of treatment is giving some medicine and hoping that everything will become better magically - it's just the most stupid thing I ever heard and I hope I'll never get depressive in Japan. The mother is suicidal for god's sake. Of course, Seiji is totally overstrained - they can not possibly believe he has the ability to make it better, he's not a therapist - he's a family member. And these scenes at the hospital where the doctor talks to the relatives and the mother is practically thrown out of the room, as if she isn't involved at all. What about therapy? I mean even if she has to be hospitalized they cannot really think she'll just recover like this, even if they move. There is something fundamentally wrong here.
I think this is more of a Japanese social issue, not just an issue within the Freeter dramaverse. They are still behind in certain aspects of medical treatment. It's sad, but true. :(

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 18th, '10, 21:33

saayan wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:What really get's me angry about this otherwise great drama is the way they treat depression. Does anybody actually live in Japan and knows something about it? Because if they way of treatment is giving some medicine and hoping that everything will become better magically - it's just the most stupid thing I ever heard and I hope I'll never get depressive in Japan. The mother is suicidal for god's sake. Of course, Seiji is totally overstrained - they can not possibly believe he has the ability to make it better, he's not a therapist - he's a family member. And these scenes at the hospital where the doctor talks to the relatives and the mother is practically thrown out of the room, as if she isn't involved at all. What about therapy? I mean even if she has to be hospitalized they cannot really think she'll just recover like this, even if they move. There is something fundamentally wrong here.
I think this is more of a Japanese social issue, not just an issue within the Freeter dramaverse. They are still behind in certain aspects of medical treatment. It's sad, but true. :(
I dunno... in Love Shuffle, Kiku-rin was a psychologist with Kairi as his patient and she was suicidal... (her dad never attended her sessions either so she wasn't excluded in HER issues) it's not like therapy doesn't exist in Japan, but I'm not sure how the whole set-up is over there... like what's the procedures to get therapy and how much it cost and so-forth. People should know taking medicine for a psychological issue is not going to fix your perception of things... it will only help, or be a crutch (like glasses doesn't permanently fix your vision) but talking to the person and helping them overcome, will. (not just talking to the family members who don't even have the depression issue)

saayan

Post by saayan » Nov 18th, '10, 22:10

«minah» wrote: I dunno... in Love Shuffle, Kiku-rin was a psychologist with Kairi as his patient and she was suicidal... (her dad never attended her sessions either so she wasn't excluded in HER issues) it's not like therapy doesn't exist in Japan, but I'm not sure how the whole set-up is over there... like what's the procedures to get therapy and how much it cost and so-forth. People should know taking medicine for a psychological issue is not going to fix your perception of things... it will only help, or be a crutch (like glasses doesn't permanently fix your vision) but talking to the person and helping them overcome, will. (not just talking to the family members who don't even have the depression issue)
Ohh Kiku-rin :wub: Though, I don't know if he's the best example to use to represent Japanese psychologists. I mean, his methods were pretty dang crazy and unethical...but all's well that ends well? XD

Joking aside, I didn't mean to imply therapy treatment doesn't exist in Japan. What it all boils down to is what hospital you go to and how open the patient/patient's family is. Speaking from personal experience, on a whole, Japan is still behind compared to the West regarding such treatment. There's like this stigma associated with counseling...almost as if "seeing a psychologist" = "you're crazy." :glare: Fortunately, this seems to be changing, slowly but surely.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 19th, '10, 01:38

It's funny you say "There's like this stigma associated with counseling...almost as if "seeing a psychologist" = "you're crazy." because that's kinda how it is in the Black community (well, in the US anyway) that it kinda has that association of being "crazy" if one goes to therapy. But it's sad that people have that kinda attitude though. Because I actually think we're all a bit "crazy" but some people can hold it in and deal with it more than others while others... they just have that breaking point.

But yeah...... I guess you're right. But still... even the husband (well, he doesn't really care) and Nino should know she's not getting any better by leaving her alone practically... but they're men >__>

srius

Post by srius » Nov 20th, '10, 15:14

any 1 know where i can find the english soft subs??

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 20th, '10, 15:17

srius wrote:any 1 know where i can find the english soft subs??
If you read the thread, you might find out ^_^

srius

Post by srius » Nov 20th, '10, 16:27

«minah» wrote:
i did go to the site mentioned but it got only the hardsubs..

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 20th, '10, 17:02

All I can say is take it or leave it. I'm just grateful there are translations.

But to be kinda on topic now, can't wait to watch the next subbed eppys (just downloaded them) ^_^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:18

srius wrote:
«minah» wrote:
i did go to the site mentioned but it got only the hardsubs..
That's because both groups are only doing hardsubs for this drama! Btw, freeter_ohno do stream their releases as well.

Ogose

The best Japanese drama of 2010, with no runner-up

Post by Ogose » Nov 24th, '10, 07:05

MaiKitty wrote:And these scenes at the hospital where the doctor talks to the relatives and the mother is practically thrown out of the room, as if she isn't involved at all.
That, unfortunately, is standard practice in Japan. It is normal for the doctor to discuss the facts of the case with relatives only and to withhold his opinion from the patient himself. I was told that on signup forms for hospitals there are check boxes whether or not you want to be told of a serious condition.

There is this attitude that if patients knew how serious the situation is (especially in cases of cancer, which somehow has a special status in Japan), "it might kill them". They might lose their will to live, something I can't understand. If I was ill, I'd be the first who would want to know.

Japanese doctors tend to be heavy on the prescription side, if you see a doctor for any condition, you'll rarely leave without a prescription, even for a common cold and often it will be two or three different pills for who knows what. Medical insurance pays them for writing prescriptions.

I can't say much about treatment of depression per se, but when in my father in law's final years he was drinking heavily, had sleeping problems and in my opinion was suffering from depression, we never heard about the doctor suggesting any kind of therapy, other than prescribing sleeping pills. He did frankly ask my father in law though if he was trying to kill himself through his drinking, which was not compatible with taking sleeping pills (very hard on the liver)

"Furiita, ie wo kau" in my opinion is the best Japanese drama of 2010, with no runner-up.

It is unusually realistic in its storytelling. The pace is kind of slow and steady but yet the story is tense. Other dramas are so exaggerated in everything, full of staged, artificial drama and over-the-top emotions. "Furiita" is refreshingly natural by Japanese standards. Even its film music is subtle.

This script was written by someone who watches real people rather than reading manga for inspiration. I think it will inspire people to think about what is important in life to them.

MisS Lonliah

Re: The best Japanese drama of 2010, with no runner-up

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 25th, '10, 13:56

Ogose wrote: This script was written by someone who watches real people rather than reading manga for inspiration. I think it will inspire people to think about what is important in life to them.
:thumright:

I also found this article interesting..
'Freeter' drama reflects Japan's income gap By PHILIP BRASOR

The American media keeps wondering whether or not the United States will have to endure a "lost decade" of sluggish growth and stagnant employment like the one Japan suffered through after the real-estate bubble burst in the early 1990s. It seems unlikely. The American economy is dynamic while Japan's has always been passive and reactive. Nevertheless, the so-called American dream is likely a thing of the past. The gap between the rich and everyone else is growing by the minute, and in that sense Japan is an appropriate example.
click here to read more

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 26th, '10, 07:02

Thanks for the article also to Ogose about your explanation on Japan's standard medical practice.

I'm loving the way they depicted the family. The dialogue amongst Take seems simple but there's layers of emotion going on. Surprisingly, the scene that felt so striking to me was in episode 5 when Seiji was....
... gossiping about the lawyer next door and his father reacted by throwing back at Seiji his usual angry rants about his(aka Mr. Angry Father) own faults. Taunting Seiji to reaffirm what was his son thoughts on him.
I think not a lot of people would agree with me but I thought that scene was brilliant.

Going backwards to episode 4 which is my favorite, we can see that Seiji is still very much a selfish brat despite going all out with his effort to help his mother. I felt it was wrong the way Seiji reacted after ...
...finding her home from her little shopping spree since his mother is safe and making progress. Then there was the drunken karaoke confession.. is that tears of guilt or him just feeling sorry for himself? Those tears kinda saved his character but he only fully redeemed himself by gently putting on the hand cream.
Nino did good with the crying scenes as always. That scene went from awkward(drunk singing+confession)--> natural(tears) -->awkward(breakdown)
So what do you guys think about episode 4 and 5?

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 27th, '10, 02:12

I didn't see 5 yet, but 4 yeah...
DEFINITELY know that Seiji is still a brat. "OMG my mom is so annoying me as I'm trying to get a job because she can't remember anything" selfish crap. It makes me wanna go through the screen and slap him! I mean, all the sacrifices his mom made, he can't compare to that with his "Well, I am making sure her medication is being taken," because well, he should want to really help his mom... not feel burdened and annoyed. She's like the only one backing him up because his father sure can't stand him. (but I don't wanna hurt Nino >_<) I understand his frustrations and is anger, but I mean... all the stuff his mom put aside for him and did for him. And I'm glad he went back to make sure she's ok. I know it's hard because the dad isn't really doing anything and doesn't want to be involved... but don't take it out on her.

And man... such a big culture difference. Just the whole picking on someone because they don't have to pay that much money to live in their homes. It just shows that some people don't have anything else better to do in my opinion. And the sister and her social group.... I dunno it makes me wonder who will I be able to handle that kinda situation (because I would go off on someone or just don't really talk to them anymore >_>) But different culture, different ways in handling situations....
I am waiting to see this house that is going to be bought and what obstacles Seiji has to go through. Such a very realistic story (and hopefully a wake-up call to lots of people who are watching.... especially to bully moms! >_<

pegasaurus

Post by pegasaurus » Dec 5th, '10, 17:14

Has anyone seen a copy of episode 7 anywhere? It aired last Tuesday and I still can't seem to find it anywhere. It would be a shame if this show suddenly stopped getting uploaded; it seems like a lot of people are really enjoying it (me included).

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 5th, '10, 22:16

pegasaurus wrote:Has anyone seen a copy of episode 7 anywhere? It aired last Tuesday and I still can't seem to find it anywhere. It would be a shame if this show suddenly stopped getting uploaded; it seems like a lot of people are really enjoying it (me included).
Yes, it's available @our hour LJ here

pegasaurus

Post by pegasaurus » Dec 5th, '10, 22:38

MisS Lonliah wrote:
pegasaurus wrote:Has anyone seen a copy of episode 7 anywhere? It aired last Tuesday and I still can't seem to find it anywhere. It would be a shame if this show suddenly stopped getting uploaded; it seems like a lot of people are really enjoying it (me included).
Yay, thank you so much!!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 5th, '10, 23:01

pegasaurus wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
Yay, thank you so much!!
No problem! ;)

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Dec 6th, '10, 11:40

No English subs for anything past Ep 04 is painful. :crazy:

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Dec 16th, '10, 15:05

Just watched 9,
was nice to see something growing between Chiba and Seiji, was so hard to watch Seiji lose that 1million yen he worked so hard for :-( was really hoping someone would save the day by stopping that scammer. But i'm also glad no one saved the day, this is probably the most realistic drama i've watched so far. Sad to see Seiji and his father fight again just when things were starting to get better between the 2 of them.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 23rd, '10, 03:30

there should be a spin-off. Ex-Freeter getting married. I want more SeijiXMinami!

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 23rd, '10, 07:49

ep10
Happy ending all around!! :D

Seiji became a full employee of the construction company he's been working at :)
Manami moved to Design Department and so needs to relocate to Wakayama for 2 years but Seiji managed to confess before she left. :D
Seiji's father decided to move and used his money for the down payment. After the move, Seiji's mother is happy and able to smile once more :)
Seiji's sister also managed to reconcile with her husband and mother-in-law.
and not to forget, Aiba's special appearance as the new guy at the construction company!

This has been a very good and stable series no wonder it's got the highest ratings this season (if i'm not mistaken)

The only complaint I have with it is the mother character. She's very crucial to the story but we know so little about her. From what I've seen, she's very optimistic, open-minded and reasonable I don't see how such a person can become depressed and without anyone noticing even when she's already in suicidal stage. I don't buy that from start to finish. :P

And Seiji is such a nice guy. He gave encouraging words to the evil neighbor before leaving. To a person who drove his mother to depression and almost death...

and no one takes revenge! Such kind people. :D

alexdbars

Post by alexdbars » Dec 28th, '10, 03:16

Waiting subs, please share with us, it is an incridible drama to not have subs!!

Thanks in advance!

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Dec 30th, '10, 09:10

No Subs ARGHHHH! :crazy: :crazy:

Series is finished so STORMY might be making them available soon. (I Hope)

wolfsbane_desu

Post by wolfsbane_desu » Jan 13th, '11, 10:46

I wonder if anyone will be willing to sub this drama? I've watched it until episode 4 and it was one of the best J-Dramas in years.

If someone picks this up I'd like to thank them in advance!

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 16th, '11, 02:36

i really enjoy this drama. very down to earth, and many aspect were very true and not dramatize..
for example, seiji's character, is so typical of fresh graduates. complaining about this and that of their job, setting unrealistic expectation when finding a job, etc.
and what happen among the family members, like how seiji and his dad will always quarrel after just speaking a few words.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 17th, '11, 15:59

totemokakkoii wrote:many aspect were very true and not dramatize..
I totally agree with you! This drama/story looks very simple from outside yet too deep in the inside. I liked all the little discussions/arguments because they seemed very close to our reality. I have to say that the first half of the drama was stronger/better than the second half, but it was a very good drama comparing to the rest of the dramas we had in 2010!

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Jan 22nd, '11, 00:03

Subtitles for Ep05 & 06 found.

They need to be formatted however.

http://andaminghish.livejournal.com/

GPanime

Post by GPanime » Jan 29th, '11, 19:22

Is anyone going to finish subbing this drama (except for Stormy)?
At least softsubs would be nice.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 30th, '11, 12:34

GPanime wrote:Is anyone going to finish subbing this drama (except for Stormy)?
No one, so far.

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Jan 30th, '11, 13:04

See my post above.

GPanime

Post by GPanime » Jan 30th, '11, 15:26

Orbity wrote:
See my post above.
Yeah, I saw that, but has anyone formated the translation?
Because I don't know how.

Perzona

Post by Perzona » Feb 3rd, '11, 17:25

Does anybody know where I can find a video with subs for episode 7?

I wish a sub group would take this back on =(

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Feb 3rd, '11, 18:53

Perzona wrote:Does anybody know where I can find a video with subs for episode 7?

I wish a sub group would take this back on =(
Let's hope for STORMY team sub to release their subs as a batch here sometime soon! ^^

Feeder_Fan

Post by Feeder_Fan » Feb 5th, '11, 19:38

Yeah. btw the elitist VIP access crap done by STORMY to get the subs is really annoying and against fansub philosophy.

natsu_reiko

Post by natsu_reiko » Feb 7th, '11, 06:45

I 'm watching ep 3 now!!
This is very exciting!!
I feel like beating out the father for going out with a girl of his daughter's age. And at such a time!

Feeder_Fan wrote:Yeah. btw the elitist VIP access crap done by STORMY to get the subs is really annoying and against fansub philosophy.
Well yeah, it's a little frustrating how it is super duper hard to join STORMY! I applied and failed >.<
However, I understand where they came from. People stealing and selling their subs is one thing, but they really have to watch out for a lawsuit or something like that if Johnny's ever find out. And it's their subs to begin with, so they can do whatever they want. Sad, but true..

bloups

Post by bloups » Feb 12th, '11, 23:23

Anyone has any news concerning the release of softsubb (5 to 10) for this drama ?
Does Stormy will do a batch release ?

If not,
Perhaps someone know here how to join our hour Community ?
And Do they have sub for this drama ?

Thanks ! ^^

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Feb 13th, '11, 00:15

I'm no Drama Crazy fan but they do have Ep 5-7 with Eng subs.

Don't like streaming? There are plenty of .flv downloaders out there, and software to join the various parts together. Still not great but it is better than nothing.

bloups

Post by bloups » Feb 13th, '11, 01:41

Thanks !!! ^^

GPanime

Post by GPanime » Feb 24th, '11, 00:57

It's insane how the spanish subs are out, but there is still no access to the english ones!

Perzona

Post by Perzona » Feb 24th, '11, 17:05

Well I'm getting by on the drama crazy sub streams for now and then I will rewatch the show again whenever we get full downloadable releases

Oh and can we all agree that these two pieces of music from Freeter are amazing =)

Especially this -

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Feb 28th, '11, 00:56

Perzona wrote: Oh and can we all agree that these two pieces of music from Freeter are amazing =)

Especially this -
I agree! :-)

Meijin

Post by Meijin » Mar 2nd, '11, 03:39

God, are there really no softsubs for this thing?
It's not that hard for a fansub group to release softsubs in addition, is it?
I would really like to keep my videos RAW x_x
God, I hate being forced to download hardsubs :(

tmx1992

Post by tmx1992 » Mar 5th, '11, 20:58

Been so long since it aired! And still no english subs widely available. Waiting to watch this drama!!

sethan

Post by sethan » Mar 18th, '11, 14:56

anyone had any info bout this drama english sub?

kisanzi

Post by kisanzi » Mar 26th, '11, 19:49

SARS-Fansubs is back and they have interest in Freeter. SARS
It will be awesome if they do Freeter. Let's hope :cheers:

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Mar 27th, '11, 14:00

Episodes 5-9 have been translated in English by AlexG, but are not in a format that can be used by media players, (just written on a Blog).

Panda.Kitteh

Post by Panda.Kitteh » Mar 29th, '11, 02:14

Anyone know where I can get softsubs for this? I already have all the raws but I can't find soft subs anywhere D: