[Discuss.] Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sorvaseven

[Discuss.] Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta

Post by Sorvaseven » Nov 21st, '10, 12:48

Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta

Toda Erika and Miura Haruma

Info taken from Tokyograph

Erika Toda (22) and Haruma Miura (20) will co-star in Fuji TV's next "Getsu 9" drama series. The show, called "Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta," will be the first time either of them has starred in that time slot, and the first time that either has played the part of a teacher.

Toda plays a cheerful high school English teacher, while Miura plays a sincere and earnest biology teacher at the same school. The two characters were classmates during their high school and university days, and now they are engaged to be married in half a year. However, their happiness is put to the test when various circumstances lead to Miura unwittingly engaging in an improper relationship with one of his new female students. While he suffers from the anguish of his betrayal, he is resolved to save the young girl from her problems.

The series will premiere this January.

Official Site
Fuji TV
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Jan 5th, '11, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Nov 22nd, '10, 19:55

Some more background information on Kawaii Joyuu:

http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/2010/11/18/ ... day-drama/

I'm really excited about this drama. I think Toda Erika and Miura Haruma will be a great duo ;-)

vis

Post by vis » Nov 23rd, '10, 14:13

Thanks for creating this thread! I was rather thrilled to hear that Toda Erika would be starring in another drama so soon considering that Keizoku 2 is still airing :P

Anwyay, the lead pair seems promising. Story sounds rather dark and angsty, I like that. Although I'm not sure about the "unwittingly engaging in an improper relationship" part, it's not like anyone forced the guy into anything <____< I already feel sorry for Toda Erika's character.

There's been so many good jdramas airing this drama season, so I'm feeling hopeful for next season ^^

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Dec 3rd, '10, 07:52

"Today, Fuji TV has finally announced that the girl in that forbidden relationship will be played by young actress Takei Emi (16), and it will mark her first role in a Monday drama."

"Hikari (Takei) and Shuji (Miura) will spend the night before the opening ceremony of the new school term together, not knowing that they are going to become teacher-student the next day. Once she finds out that he is her homeroom teacher, and that he is in such a oh-so-perfect relationship and is about to get married, her jealousy makes her want to destroy their relationship."

Source: http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/2010/12/03/ ... day-drama/

WAAHH, can't wait ^^.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 3rd, '10, 20:04

Just so weird to see them play teachers lol. I just finished watching Koukou Kyoushi 2003 and the whole "sleeping with a girl and then finding out she's his student the next day" reminded me of that. But I hope it doesn't go "the other woman trying to break the origi couple apart and stuff....." especially if they're stable and happy with one another so I hope it doesn't turn out like that. But since Toda Erika is the co-lead I'm guessing it may not (but pleeease don't... I can't stand jealous girls! *coughs*MariinGuilty*coughs*

But yeah I too feel bad for Toda's character already. Let's see how it'll play out

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Dec 15th, '10, 12:41

A preview is out on the official site!

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/kimigaoshieteku ... index.html

Both Erika and Haruma look convincing as teachers than expected~ Looking forward to this drama :-)

vis

Post by vis » Dec 15th, '10, 13:09

Wow! A preview is out already! Thanks for the link! And yeah they both look convincing ^^ The female student looks scary though...

How about throwing in a male student who has a crush on Erika Toda's character? That would be spice things up :P

btw, does anyone know the English translation of "Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta"? It's one long title in Japanese!

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Dec 15th, '10, 14:36

vis wrote:btw, does anyone know the English translation of "Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta"? It's one long title in Japanese!
I think the title means "You taught me everything about what's important", but... it's still a long one right? haha

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Dec 20th, '10, 13:40

The second preview is out :-) We can see the cast other than the main three.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/kimigaoshieteku ... ekureta_PR

vis

Post by vis » Dec 30th, '10, 21:50

Momosodapop wrote: I think the title means "You taught me everything about what's important", but... it's still a long one right? haha
LOL! Indeed ^^;;;; Thanks for translating the title! Also, I keep reading that this is the next monday jdrama so does it mean that it's airing on monday, 3rd January already?! I know it was schedule for that month, but wow that's still fast! Considering that we only first heard of this late November! If that's really the case then I gotta say: "Awesome!" Usually you have to wait a couple of months after the announcement of a drama...

Anyway, I'm anticpating... and anticipating!

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:07

vis wrote:Also, I keep reading that this is the next monday jdrama so does it mean that it's airing on monday, 3rd January already?!
The air date is 17th January :) as you can see in this 60 seconds CM

BTW, I have heard that songs from Pink's "Greatest Hits...So Far!!!" album will be used in this drama (as insert songs?)
I really wonder how they would fit into the storyline. :lol Like... I can't imagine a song like "Funhouse" appearing in this drama haha
Source: tokyograph

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Jan 5th, '11, 15:33

The title is too long Oo How are they going to shorten it?
And there are too many girls who have crush on Miura. Although it's understandable XD but still kind of unusual.
Anyway, can't wait *__*

eiriene

Post by eiriene » Jan 6th, '11, 00:25

The title is:

The important things are everything that you taught me

It's a more accurate translation, I think.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 00:57

*looking forward to the acting/cast of this drama more than the plot itself*

At the press event:
more @source

English subs: (Hardsub) TimeLesSub (proposed 03 Dec 2010) :thumright:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 21:16

Which 2011 Winter drama is under the most pressure to deliver?
#1. “Taisetsuna Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshietekureta” more

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jan 6th, '11, 21:36

Thanks for information and pictures :-)

gingerninja

Post by gingerninja » Jan 17th, '11, 18:11

Watched the first episode this evening, seems like it's going to be pretty good.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 18th, '11, 03:38

First ep got 12.1%, which is the worst rating ever for a gekku drama..
While for example Deka Wanko got 13% :D

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Jan 18th, '11, 05:18

Ouch :blink 12.1% for the first episode of a gekku drama???
I thought it would be better than this, isn't it one of the most anticipated for this season?

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet, how was the first episode? Does it look promising?
Last edited by Momosodapop on Jan 18th, '11, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

gingerninja

Post by gingerninja » Jan 18th, '11, 10:52

That is a fairly low percentage, don't know what was on tv opposite it however, because I watched this and then switched to seijo no meii straight after. I thought the premise was good, some funny moments, cast seems strong. Although I haven't seen it advertised very much on tv.. compared to say Seijo no Mii. but then i guess i don't watch fujitv very much apart from the odd drama.

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Jan 18th, '11, 19:03

Just watched the 1 episode. It seemed a little bit gloomy to me but picture is very beautiful and cast is good enough. I especially liked Erika, she looked very natural. Definitely will support her character :-)

Pink's songs are good but I'm still not sure whether they fit well the drama.
For example, they showed us shocked Miura's fase (when he found out that girl he slept with was his student) and Stupid Girl started to play. To be honest, I was confused a bit Oo
And I can't understand
how Miura's character ended in the bed with that girl, are they going to explain that to us? He doesn't seem like a guy who will sleep with a girl he just have met.
And I didn't get if Natsumi overheard Kashiwagi and Saeki conversation or not Oo
I didn't expect high ratings for this drama considering how getsu9 becoming more and more unpopular but 12.1 is just too low :scratch:

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 18th, '11, 19:32

NoraThorn wrote: And I can't understand
how Miura's character ended in the bed with that girl, are they going to explain that to us? He doesn't seem like a guy who will sleep with a girl he just have met.
And I didn't get if Natsumi overheard Kashiwagi and Saeki conversation or not Oo
:
i read that he was drunk the night before, thats why he doesnt remember how that girl appear on his bed that morning....

i also watch the 1st episode, was pretty good. kinda strange watching miura on a teacher character, its different :P but i really liked his role and toda's
lets see how the story will continue for the next episodes xD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 18th, '11, 19:42

The whole school background bugged me a little, idk. Storywise, so far, I can't say hmm, Emi's character is quiet complicate, I can feel the triangle coming, but Toda's character needs to be developped more, right now she's like blank, if she ever turns evil or manipulative due to her jealousy, that's gonna be interesting. Takei Emi was good, I felt like she had more screentime than Toda which is somehow weird, maybe it'll change later. Miura Haruma looks too young to be school teacher and sadly next to Toda he's like her little brother. And as someone mentioned before, I didn't get the beginning either, maybe there'll be 'flashback' of what happened in the future.

I like Pink's songs, especially "I'm not dead" that played in the end, really fit the scene ^^

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Jan 20th, '11, 12:31

i read that he was drunk the night before, thats why he doesnt remember how that girl appear on his bed that morning....
It may be the case but I still want a proper flashback))

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Jan 21st, '11, 11:30

Are subs available?

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 21st, '11, 11:42

[ XD ] wrote:Are subs available?
i think there isnt, at the moment....lets hope someone sub it soon

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Jan 21st, '11, 11:58

nikid wrote:
[ XD ] wrote:Are subs available?
i think there isnt, at the moment....lets hope someone sub it soon
Thanks! :)
I've heard TLS gonna sub it, but don't know when will they release it

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Jan 21st, '11, 12:24

TimeLesSub is going to release hardsubs, hopefully soon =)
Regarding the storyline, I'm not really into it yet. A little bit awkward to see Miura as a teacher, even though I do like him. Miura and Toda as a couple soon-to-be-married are even more awkward ~~. I'm getting more interested in Takei Emi's acting, even though I get annoyed whenever her character is on screen, which probably means she's doing a good job xD

Gonna give ep 2 a try, hope the plot and the rating get better.

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 21st, '11, 12:50

yeah, i know TimeLesSub is going to release it....but sometimes we have sub earlier, softsubs from some users that decide to make them....

gingerninja

Post by gingerninja » Jan 24th, '11, 12:55

Second episode is really good.. the relationship between the 3 main characters is becoming really interesting.
The ending is a bit.. oh damn that isn't good. Didn't fully understand the 2 schoolgirls subplot but it was good nonetheless.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 24th, '11, 13:24

I felt like nothing happened in the eps till the last 10 mins. I wonder if those who edit understand the lyric of the songs they use, cause when they play 'Dear Mr President' during Shuuji's speech I was like O_O wth. Another thing I feared was that they would turn the students' problems episodic like school drama, and it's happening..

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 24th, '11, 13:45

gingerninja wrote:Second episode is really good.. the relationship between the 3 main characters is becoming really interesting.
The ending is a bit.. oh damn that isn't good. Didn't fully understand the 2 schoolgirls subplot but it was good nonetheless.
yeah, the 2nd ep is great, we can see now, well i dont wanna be a spoiler 'cause most of you hasnt seen it yet, so im not going to say much, but we can see now natsumi reaction during the ep...and for what we could see in the cm, it seems the next ep will be even better and exciting :D

steph1234

Post by steph1234 » Jan 26th, '11, 03:16

Nomanymore wrote:I felt like nothing happened in the eps till the last 10 mins. I wonder if those who edit understand the lyric of the songs they use, cause when they play 'Dear Mr President' during Shuuji's speech I was like O_O wth. Another thing I feared was that they would turn the students' problems episodic like school drama, and it's happening..
I think the writer's trying to link the students' problem with the situation between the 3 main leads. for example, the problems about the 2 girls in episode 2, make Shuji realize that it's better not to tell the truth to Natsumi, because he doesn't want to hurt her. After all to forgive is harder than to ask for forgiveness.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 26th, '11, 03:52

^ I figure they're trying to do that too, I think it's just the school BG that's still bugging me. oh well. What you said is true, I guess it's hard for the audience to accept/forgive the hero as well ^^,,

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 29th, '11, 03:34

I thought the drama was quite good.. and i am excited to see what will happen next.

except i dun quite get it why they would pick Miura as the lead. he is really way too young looking to be a sensei. just give him the high school uniform, and i think he would fit perfectly as the classmate of Emi and student of Toda.
:scratch:

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Jan 29th, '11, 22:19

totemokakkoii wrote:I thought the drama was quite good.. and i am excited to see what will happen next.

except i dun quite get it why they would pick Miura as the lead. he is really way too young looking to be a sensei. just give him the high school uniform, and i think he would fit perfectly as the classmate of Emi and student of Toda.
:scratch:
totally agree. it's the only jdrama that's interesting to watch this season. and i still can't picture Miura as a teacher. i always think of him as a high school student like in Samurai High School. :-)

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Feb 3rd, '11, 00:04

I watched the first episode, and I liked it a lot. Pink's songs are pretty wack, tho!

I think Miura looks too young to be a teacher, but what he lacks in looks, he makes up with maturity. So to me it was believable, because I, myself, am 26 this year, but still look like an 18-year-old. The pairing feels pretty funny, tho, because like someone said, Miura looks like Toda's little brother. :)

I don't particularly like these "vengeful other women" types in dramas. I mean, there are other ways how an other woman can cause strain on a relationship. Especially when it's a student, and who just happened to lose her virginity, too. But, I'll keep watching anyway. I have to say that, for a change, I have no idea where this drama is going!

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Feb 4th, '11, 07:39

I'm a little bored. The show is kinda slow~.

And yes, Miura looks way too young.
He's such a wimpy to let highschool kids yells and threaten himp

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Feb 6th, '11, 01:58

Can someone please explain to me what kind of disease Hikari has? I didn't quite understand it. They mentioned something about if she didn't take medicine, she can't be a girl? And her skin..I watched it without subs so I would appreciate it if someone can fill me in.

Aside from that, I can't believe how stupid Shuji is!! Why can't he just tell his fiance that he doesn't remember anything from that night? He just goes on acting like he was in the right state of mind when he slept with Hikari. I found it so annoying.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 6th, '11, 06:59

SSpiegel wrote:I watched the first episode, and I liked it a lot. Pink's songs are pretty wack, tho!

I think Miura looks too young to be a teacher, but what he lacks in looks, he makes up with maturity. So to me it was believable, because I, myself, am 26 this year, but still look like an 18-year-old. The pairing feels pretty funny, tho, because like someone said, Miura looks like Toda's little brother. :)

I don't particularly like these "vengeful other women" types in dramas. I mean, there are other ways how an other woman can cause strain on a relationship. Especially when it's a student, and who just happened to lose her virginity, too. But, I'll keep watching anyway. I have to say that, for a change, I have no idea where this drama is going!
Yeah agree. I think he does look older than his age (at least older than 20) but he comes off very mature. And I agree with the vengeful other woman... geez why is she so vengeful? Not like Toda stole him from her or something >_> But yeah I don't know where the destination to this drama will lead

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Feb 6th, '11, 08:02

What burdens me most now is how I can't feel that Shuuji loves Natsumi or whatever, right from the beginning until she discovered his wrong-doing and after that. And yet, Natsumi still wants to marry him? because she loves him? O_o what's with all the crying from 2 girls? Really?! I'm expecting Natsumi to do sthing or change her mind, no, Shuuji to do anything that shows he's worthy of anyone's love here. :/

ittiou

Post by ittiou » Feb 8th, '11, 00:58

LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:
Can someone please explain to me what kind of disease Hikari has? I didn't quite understand it. They mentioned something about if she didn't take medicine, she can't be a girl? And her skin..I watched it without subs so I would appreciate it if someone can fill me in.

Aside from that, I can't believe how stupid Shuji is!! Why can't he just tell his fiance that he doesn't remember anything from that night? He just goes on acting like he was in the right state of mind when he slept with Hikari. I found it so annoying
I think she's trangender individual? Either that or she was a hermaphrodite, which is why she needs hormone therapy, and her nurse was tellling her that in the future, she may be able to have children? I'm not sure as I didn't watch with subs either.

Also, with regards to Shuji, I think he feels like the fact that he can't remember anything is not an excuse for his transgressions, and him wanting to call of the engagement is sort of his penance for his wrongdoing/not wanting to drag Natsume down with him, just in case the girl tells everyone what happened

thygriever

Post by thygriever » Feb 9th, '11, 05:18

ohhh i just started watching ep1 and im so excited! i've been a big fan of erika toda ever since she did her first drama. and then 2 years ago i saw emi takei in seventeen mag and i just loved her cuz she was so pretty. i had no idea she'd get into acting but it's so weird... one of my favorite models is now a big actress with a role right next to erika toda :D yay!

btw, thanks for using spoiler tags. i was over a soompi and those guys dont know how to "not spoil" any drama -_-

MiRiNHa

Post by MiRiNHa » Feb 13th, '11, 00:52

First, for the ones who haven't started watching yet, as of episode 4 there's no "revengeful woman storyline". ^^
I could also point out how Miura is really too young to play a teacher, but I think he's doing a pretty decent job, besides Shuuji's supposed to be new at this, so his ineptitude can come across as something sort of expected?
Natsumi was indeed bland, like a cliché shoujo manga heroin, and so I was happy to see some of her character on episodes 3 and 4. I was afraid even after that ordeal we wouldn't get any real reaction from her. But she pulled it off (I'd giver her 7/10).
About Hikari
Her disease, I think, since she simply said she was a "defective merchandise", could also mean just a hormone disorder, right? The things in her arms has nothing to do with her disease, those are burns from the time her sister died. But I watched without subtitles, so I might be mistaken.
On a side note, about episode 4
Natsumi's pregnant right? That dramatic ending scene can't be anything else! I gotta say, thou, I'm afraid how that'll play out. AND I'm excited because apparently they'll explain the drunk night on episode 5. When I paused the preview, I could see Shuuji already asleep, while Hikari was still at the door. I wonder what that means.
Oh, and low audience makes me sad, because I'm really enjoying it. I repeatedly caught myself saying "poor thing" to Shuuji, Natsumi and even Hikari (her sad story is sad, girl has serious self-esteem issues). And I wish more people start discussing it because there are a few scenes I just am dyi~ng to talk about.
OMG, somehow I got carried away and this turn out to be quite the long post, sorry~

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Feb 13th, '11, 01:58

MiRiNHa wrote: On a side note, about episode 4
Natsumi's pregnant right? That dramatic ending scene can't be anything else! I gotta say, thou, I'm afraid how that'll play out.
I'm thinking the same about that Episode 4's ending! or what else can it be?
After finishing this episode, I really felt sorry for all three main characters :-( especially Shuji
Very excited for episode 5 because I think it is about to reveal the mystery in "That night"of Shuji and Hikari.

Zazaza29

Post by Zazaza29 » Feb 13th, '11, 04:07

MiRiNHa wrote: On a side note, about episode 4
Natsumi's pregnant right? That dramatic ending scene can't be anything else! I gotta say, thou, I'm afraid how that'll play out. AND I'm excited because apparently they'll explain the drunk night on episode 5. When I paused the preview, I could see Shuuji already asleep, while Hikari was still at the door. I wonder what that means.
I thought so too.

Oh Miura... why are you always impregnating your girlfriends?
Oh, and low audience makes me sad, because I'm really enjoying it.
It really is too bad about the low viewership. I don't see a reason why... is it the plot? The actors? Everything's great, so this puzzles me...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 13th, '11, 04:34

I've only watched till ep2 since I'm still waiting for subs. I like to watch with subs so I can fully understand what's going on.
From first episode, I'm just really curious of Hikari's intentions and her 'disease'. The whole thing with the nurse also creeps me a little bit. Those parts are still not explained. Hence, I don't really blame her yet for 'sleeping' with Shuji at this moment. As for Natsumi, I feel that she's sometimes just a side-kick in the drama. They didn't use her fully yet but towards the end of episode 2, her basketball scene with Hikari was awesome. Fight between women really scares me :blink. The ending was great too!

About the students cases thing, I'm just not really interested in them at all. It'd be great if they dropped it and focus more on the main characters. Character development is lacking. But i really like Hikari's close friend, Nozomi. I like every scene with her in the drama, she's such a lovable character. And I'm really curious of her relationship with Hikari, seems like they both share some secret or something.
And oh, about Pink's songs...I am befuddled too whenever they put something not so appropriate like that "dear mr.president" during the 2 girls' case in the classroom. I was like :blink when I heard it. But love the ending track though, it's great.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 13th, '11, 17:30

I watched the first 5 minutes of this drama and new that I would love it. But I can't watch anymore until more episodes are subbed. Right now, I can only find 2 so I will wait and keep it on the list. I wish I knew enough to help with subs. Maybe I will start learning more of the language, IDK.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 13th, '11, 18:09

I've only seen episode 1 so far as I only know a word or two in Japanese and am waiting for TimeLesSub, because I like to stay with one group once I start. So far I love it and can't wait for the rest the conversation Miura has with his students at the end is the most open, honest, and best reaction to teen sex I've ever seen. Maybe this is changed in the subsequent episodes but in my opinion in episode 1 we have no reason to believe that anything actually happened between Miura and his student because he doesn't remember and there is something wrong with her that requires medication damaging her credibility, besides she doesn't look like she knows what she's doing in his bed when her face is first shown either. The only thing I dont get is Erika Toda's expression at the end of the episode she looks suspicious but unless she overheard them which is unlikely giving the distance or saw the key also unlikely she has no reason to be suspicious

MiRiNHa

Post by MiRiNHa » Feb 14th, '11, 01:07

The students stories kinda annoys me a little, I always think those attempts of connecting what happens to the main characters with silly plots from their surroundings is way too far fetched.

Concerning episode 1, the look on Erika is not so weird to me. Shuuji is popular because of his looks, right? Maybe, she suspected a love confession? Besides, this is Japan we're talking about, and students don't just go approaching teachers by themselves like that. If I were her, I'd be suspicious too. :lol

Only read if you have watched at least episode 3:
Right now, the most interesting character is, without a doubt, Hikari. On the first 2 episodes she was portrayed as a villain. Many times I found her actions crazy and obsessive. Episode 3 was really a turning point for her, thou, and I started pitting her after she told her story and how she's been in love with Shuuji for a year. Sure, her sad story doesn't justify her doings, but, like I said before, her serious self-esteem issues helps with sympathizing.
If you've seen preview for epi 5:
The scene in his place got me thinking that maybe they really didn't do anything. If that was the case, that makes her a real b*tch because she terrified him, destroyed his engagement and career, hurt Natsumi feelings, and acted like a total psycho. I want nothing to have happened so Natsumi can forgive him and he can be at peace with himself again. But there's no point in speculation, I'll have to wait to see what happens.

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Feb 19th, '11, 04:05

ittiou wrote:
LaLaLaDRAMA wrote:

Aside from that, I can't believe how stupid Shuji is!! Why can't he just tell his fiance that he doesn't remember anything from that night? He just goes on acting like he was in the right state of mind when he slept with Hikari. I found it so annoying
I think she's trangender individual? Either that or she was a hermaphrodite, which is why she needs hormone therapy, and her nurse was tellling her that in the future, she may be able to have children? I'm not sure as I didn't watch with subs either.

Also, with regards to Shuji, I think he feels like the fact that he can't remember anything is not an excuse for his transgressions, and him wanting to call of the engagement is sort of his penance for his wrongdoing/not wanting to drag Natsume down with him, just in case the girl tells everyone what happened
Thank you!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 21st, '11, 08:27

Shuji is a moron, actually moron is too light a word but I can't think of a more suitable one right now. Also Hikari is a little **** even after their failed attempt to make her sympathetic in episode 3, and Natsume, besides, so far at least being a waste of Erika Toda's talent, not a complete waste she just needs more screen time for her character to grow, is far too sweet and forgiving of the moron that is Shuji.

on a side note I'm glad they cleared up what's up with Hikari's illness.
congenital ovarian dysfunction, which means she was born with malfunctioning ovaries, while I wasn't sure what it was I was pretty sure the guesses of transsexual and hermaphrodite were wrong because the nurse said she can give birth and I'm 99% sure neither transsexuals or hermaphrodite can give birth.
can't wait for episode 4.

venetta

Post by venetta » Feb 24th, '11, 13:21

I love Haruma MIura, and he looks so hot in this drama but I don't think I want to continue watching it. His character is so despicable!!! Seriously.
Wth!!!
I seriously would ass-kick a guy like him! He should've been fired instead of given a temporary detention.

I'm sorry for being so emotional, but I just sincerely despise Miura's character from the bottom of my heart.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 25th, '11, 03:27

MiRiNHa wrote:
If you've seen preview for epi 5:
The scene in his place got me thinking that maybe they really didn't do anything. If that was the case, that makes her a real b*tch because she terrified him, destroyed his engagement and career, hurt Natsumi feelings, and acted like a total psycho. I want nothing to have happened so Natsumi can forgive him and he can be at peace with himself again. But there's no point in speculation, I'll have to wait to see what happens.
Started watching this show because of Miura Haruma and Toda Erika, been following both of their projects since the beginning so thought wow good pairing. But right now I'm totally annoyed by the 3rd main character, Hikari. What's her deal? Sure she has self-esteem issues, but I don't pity or sympathize with her. If ep5 reveals that nothing happened uhh i'll loathe her more. She's not "damaged" goods because of her "illness" but her personality.

Shuji's weak and always confused personality is not helping either. He can't make up his mind or if he does, makes the stupid choices. It was a pretty interesting plot line to begin with, but the reasoning are just not there.

Uhh why am I watching this show again?!!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 26th, '11, 03:47

Only saw up to 3 and well.. yeah like someone said previously that trying to make Hikari a sympathized character still fails because well... it's sad her sister died, and it's sad that she was born like that with no control of it but... that doesn't give her the right to do what she does. No reason to "steal" Shuuji from Natsume (I really don't think you can steal anyone unless you actually kidnapped them. Shuuji has a brain so... it's his fault for barely using it) She's still a b*tch in my opinion. Because she's feeling hurt she has to deliberately hurt someone else who didn't even do anything to her. Don't like that hyper girl in the class... can't stand those type of characters. They get mad only after hearing one side of the story. Honestly what gets me mad at almost all of these characters... and these type of shows in general... it's only a show because no one likes to clearly explain themselves. These shows run on misunderstandings, assumptions, and vague ideas of what someone could have done instead of just bluntly asking someone. I can't just only assume what someone did. I would want them to just at least explain instead of jumping to conclusions and getting mad and things being blown out of proportions.

And Shuuji can't be all that honest if he can't frickin just come out with it to Natsume from the start. When you keep the truth from someone, it's just gonna be worse when they find out later. I'm mad he has to have that stupid look on his face when he saw her in the hospital. And Natsume is just a bit too forgiven to me... after he said the whole "Our relationship is on a different level" is not that much reassuring.... I dunno I couldn't handle cheating (though there is speculations if he did cheat or not) but the way he acts around her it's like he's a deer caught in the headlights. But I dunno if I'm gonna like how this will end... but I don't know how this would end so... I guess I will stick to it.. .even if the characters are annoying lol

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Feb 26th, '11, 04:29

I have only just started the 2nd episode but this drama shows promise.

I could do without the Pink soundtrack though.

Ken Sanada

Post by Ken Sanada » Feb 27th, '11, 04:39

The beautiful girl who is seen everyday on the TV in Japan nowadays is Emi Takei.

She is requested to appear in CM and drama here and there.

In the drama"All important things were taught by you(Taisetsunakoto ha subete kimi ga oshiete kureta)", she is remarkable more than the leading part who are performed by Haruma Miura and Erika Toda.

Anadi_88

Post by Anadi_88 » Mar 1st, '11, 23:03

OMG!!
I just finished watching Ep3..!! I guess I need a Doctor,.. my blood pressure is high!! (O_O;)
This Drama is Sickly awesome!!
Hikari,.. is driving me crazy!! I don't see that she had the right to ruin their marriage (Shuji &Natsumi)!!
Shuji.. grrr!!! I thought he learned his lesson and will get to Natsumi!! he just... *^%%%&$%@
It's been long time since I got irritated by a Drama..
I give it 4.5/5 (^_^)b

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 7th, '11, 04:51

I don't think I've ever watched a drama with a character that has irritated me as much as Shuji does all the way through but I'm also incredibly interested in seeing what happens

pink-revolution

Post by pink-revolution » Mar 7th, '11, 17:08

I have watched like 3/4 through of Episode 4 now, but for me it does not get any better...
All of the main characters are extremely irritating. I find none of their actions convincible or understandable.

Shuji - dumbass. dumbass. dumbass. How can one man act so dumb?! Not only that he behaves strange around Natsumi imo (not like a to-be-married couple at all, even if it's Japanese), but also that he just cannot tell Hikari off like she deserves. And I also don't find him as honest as they always say. oO To me he has totally no like-able points and that upsets me.

Natsumi - wth? I expected her to be a strong woman, but i/o this she just... does nothing. I really liked how she throw that towel into Hikari's face, I was like "yesss finally, go!", but ugh... though she is not as plain anymore as she was in the beginning, I have a feeling this character does not suit Erika Toda at all. (And on a side note, I don't like the lenght of her hair, but well.

Hikari - brat. What is that to justify her actions with this disease and her sister's accident? It sure is regretable and stuff, but that does not give her any rights to take these actions. And the turn in Ep 4 from "I will steal you away from her" to "I decided to forget about him" came all too sudden and not convincible at all (though I know she probably isn't serious about forgetting).

Aya (?), the nurse - irritating as hell. Though she seems to be involved with this accident, I find it just unbelievable she encourages Hikari like that. And I just don't like her character at all. It seems dumb to me that she comes to the school to reveal Hikaris secret... if I were Hikari, I'd punch here or sth like that. -.-''

Sonoda - I liked her at first, because I have a weak spot for rebellious girls, but her encouraging of Hikari also irritates me a lot.

All in all I have a feeling that none of the people supporting Hikari (Sonoda, the nurse etc.) do consider Natsumi's situation in the slightest. And that bugs me.

Regarding the uproar in the classroom after Shujis "confession"... seriously? The students start crying? Uhm... okay... And that boy (forgot the name, the one who hits Shuji) takes the likes of a stalker of Natsumi more and more...
Well... though the cast seemed great for this drama, I like it less with every episode. Most probably I'll watch it through to the end, because I am not the type to not watch anything until the end, but I definitely won't ever watch it again.

Oh, and about the Pink songs: I feel like that whenever a slow, "sad" song is needed, they play "Dear Mr President" because it's the only one....... that's lame. Because it totally does not fit. But I guess since the Japanese audience does not care too much for the lyrics, it works.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 7th, '11, 23:44

pink-revolution wrote:I have watched like 3/4 through of Episode 4 now, but for me it does not get any better...
All of the main characters are extremely irritating. I find none of their actions convincible or understandable.

Shuji - dumbass. dumbass. dumbass. How can one man act so dumb?! Not only that he behaves strange around Natsumi imo (not like a to-be-married couple at all, even if it's Japanese), but also that he just cannot tell Hikari off like she deserves. And I also don't find him as honest as they always say. oO To me he has totally no like-able points and that upsets me.

Natsumi - wth? I expected her to be a strong woman, but i/o this she just... does nothing. I really liked how she throw that towel into Hikari's face, I was like "yesss finally, go!", but ugh... though she is not as plain anymore as she was in the beginning, I have a feeling this character does not suit Erika Toda at all. (And on a side note, I don't like the lenght of her hair, but well.

Hikari - brat. What is that to justify her actions with this disease and her sister's accident? It sure is regretable and stuff, but that does not give her any rights to take these actions. And the turn in Ep 4 from "I will steal you away from her" to "I decided to forget about him" came all too sudden and not convincible at all (though I know she probably isn't serious about forgetting).

Aya (?), the nurse - irritating as hell. Though she seems to be involved with this accident, I find it just unbelievable she encourages Hikari like that. And I just don't like her character at all. It seems dumb to me that she comes to the school to reveal Hikaris secret... if I were Hikari, I'd punch here or sth like that. -.-''

Sonoda - I liked her at first, because I have a weak spot for rebellious girls, but her encouraging of Hikari also irritates me a lot.

All in all I have a feeling that none of the people supporting Hikari (Sonoda, the nurse etc.) do consider Natsumi's situation in the slightest. And that bugs me.

Regarding the uproar in the classroom after Shujis "confession"... seriously? The students start crying? Uhm... okay... And that boy (forgot the name, the one who hits Shuji) takes the likes of a stalker of Natsumi more and more...
Well... though the cast seemed great for this drama, I like it less with every episode. Most probably I'll watch it through to the end, because I am not the type to not watch anything until the end, but I definitely won't ever watch it again.

Oh, and about the Pink songs: I feel like that whenever a slow, "sad" song is needed, they play "Dear Mr President" because it's the only one....... that's lame. Because it totally does not fit. But I guess since the Japanese audience does not care too much for the lyrics, it works.
Omg I'm not alone!!! I feel exactly how you do with these characters

I don't hate the drama (yet ) and it's not annoying so I'm not gonna drop it but..... if it really bugs me a lot I will. Honestly all the characters here are... the most typical characters you'll see in a lot of J-dramas honestly. The stupid unsure main guy who is pretty much indecisive.... the girlfriend of the stupid guy who well.. can't seem to let go of the stupid guy and doesn't like the other woman but... just only gets jealous and let things happen... the other girl who acts one way in front of the stupid guy, another way in front of his girlfriend, and a different way in front of everyone else. Trying to play the victim when she's really not..... the rebel girl who only listens to one side of the story and think her friend is never in the wrong and it's all the guy's fault....

But that's how these shows are "dramas" anyway... no one likes to clear up any misunderstandings and just let them ruin their relationships and trust with people so....

[/spoiler][/quote]

katdiva

Post by katdiva » Mar 8th, '11, 05:38

I have watched up throough EP 7 and am waiting to download EP 8 when it gets uploaded.

I guess I'm in the minority for loving this drama. I even enjoy how frustrating and confused Shuuji is with his loyalty and kindness because as the title says, "You taught me all the important things," to me means he is going to learn his life's lessons from both Hikair and more importantly from Natsumi because of what they've all been through together.

I don't like the PINK scoundtrack myself... there are way too many beautiful Japanese songs out there! If they wanted to go for the 'rebel' then they should have played some Gackt songs! LOL

Back to the storyline:

I am amazed at how strong of an actress Emi T. is for her age. I have always enjoyed Erika Toda, so I came into this expecting greatness from her, but was blown away by Emi. She came out of nowhere for me. Her role in "GOLD" wasn't that big and didn't leave an impression on me.

Haruma-kun's facial expressions are what makes his character for me. He conveys a thousands emotions with one look! I am glad his character had to go through hell and back, because he needed the growth and strengthening of character to become a better husband, teacher and man.

Romance

Post by Romance » Mar 9th, '11, 10:55

This drama kind of sucks after all. Super slow, not that exciting storyline and irritating characters.

I'm not surprised by the low ratings (for a gekku).
Last edited by Romance on Mar 10th, '11, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 10th, '11, 02:28

Whoa! I only watched half of the first episode about a month ago and knew that I would like it. I couldn't watch anymore because there weren't enough episodes subbed. Kind of sad to hear that the drama is crappy. Glad I didn't waste my time on it. I think I still want to see it but there are still only 4 episodes subbed. I don't want to start watching it, only to like it, and can't finish it.

nonenix

Post by nonenix » Mar 10th, '11, 03:02

hmm im also somewhat confused about the drama, i also dont get the title who teches who important stuff and who is he gonna choose or is he choosing at all or do they just break all the romance apart and tell a story about harsh reallity ... i dunno anymore :blink

anyway for me its to late to stop as im havebeen watching without subs (or japanese subs) and am already at the current episode 8
somehow i got the feeling that nothign really happened from episode 2 or 3 around till 8, and shocking stuff just seemed lame, like the baby and signle mother i can't belive the fuss all are making about that we didnt care in our school days which teacher dated who, its their private stuff

MiRiNHa

Post by MiRiNHa » Mar 10th, '11, 15:50

Am I weird to think that the slow paced episodes is what makes me like this drama? It reminds me a lot of Sunao ni Narenakute: I feel these kind of stories are not supposed to be rushed, so you can process the happenings and feel the characters struggles.
I do agree Shuuji is annoying, but at the same time I think he being annoying is what makes me watch it? His actions frustrate me so and I keep watching to see how is he going to make it worse (let's face it, he's very good at making things worse than they already are).
Besides, I have this feeling someone is going to die. :scratch:
nonenix wrote:
somehow i got the feeling that nothign really happened from episode 2 or 3 around till 8, and shocking stuff just seemed lame, like the baby and signle mother i can't belive the fuss all are making about that we didnt care in our school days which teacher dated who, its their private stuff
I know exactly what you mean. I really don't understand how they sort their priorities...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 23:35

I'm stuck on episode 4 and no subs for episode 5 yet :(... I wonder if this has to do with ratings.

ComaPrison

Post by ComaPrison » Mar 13th, '11, 07:46

There are English subtitles all the way up to episode 8. They just aren't on D-Addicts, that's all. :) Btw this is my favorite drama of all time. I don't know if I'm allowed to link you to the subtitled episodes, so just PM me if you want the link. It'll be streamed rather than torrented.

bugs_3v

Post by bugs_3v » Mar 15th, '11, 02:33

loving this drama.....waiting for the ep 6 of TLS....can somebody tell me where can i download the OST of this drama?...tnx.....

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 16th, '11, 03:54

I would think TLS would have it. I know SR would but their site isn't back up yet.

joeschmo88

Post by joeschmo88 » Mar 17th, '11, 03:58

I'm assuming the delay in releasing the RAW ep.9 is due to Japan's Prime Minister's address that took over most of Japan's airwaves around 9pm. When I tried to watch Taisetsu live on Keyhole TV (9pm Japan local time, 5am pacific time where I live) it was the address instead. Hopefully it is released soon! I'm really anxious!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 17th, '11, 04:13

Does Keyhole TV have english subs? I haven't seen subs on anything else I watch on Keyhole but I thought I'd ask.

joeschmo88

Post by joeschmo88 » Mar 17th, '11, 16:13

No, Keyhole doesn't have subs. I watch Jdramas to learn the language! :)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 17th, '11, 16:27

I watch Keyhole TV all the time too but Japanese language is very difficult for me. The language is spoken so fast. With the accents and talking speed it's almost as if there is a race to get the words out. But I don't pay attention to it that much anymore. I am enjoying this drama so much I hope it continues to deliver good stories each episode.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 19th, '11, 03:55

I have finally watched all 8 episodes without skipping scenes because it was that good. I don't see this one going for more than 10-11 episodes but if it does I will definitely watch it still.

SPOILER ALERT
Natsumi is totally blind from the beginning and she can't see that Shuji is not in love with her. He cares about her and is "used" to her always being there but somehow her assertiveness all this time has made him weak. She is so used to taking up the slack for him and now she needs him to stand up and be a man, he is scared to be a man, when it comes to her. :whistling:

But he has no problem finding words and being a man for Saeki. :roll He seems to come alive around her and have no problem expressing himself around her. She influences him to do manly things in a way Natsumi can't at this point in the drama. How sad because Natsumi got pregnant thinking that would "seal the deal" and it didn't work. I think she was too mature to make that kind of mistake, SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING but her plan BACKFIRED! :doh:

By episode 6 & 7 her love turns into desperation. She kept the baby because she thought he would change but you can't FORCE someone to love you back... I can hear Pink's soundtrack playing right about here, :music: "STUPID GIRL STUUUPID GIRL! Ah! I just want to scream!! :cussing:
I'm just so surprised that no one has coupled up yet... still trying to figure that out :scratch: I HOPE THAT SAEKI AND SHUJI GET TOGETHER :heart::mrgreen:
:cussing: Now I can't wait for episode 9 :alcoholic: