Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 8th, '11, 00:45

misuzana wrote:Oh no Don't say that :-( we want a good ending ... where we can say it was worth woatching :pale:
Hmm, and drama with tragic ending, but good one and suiting the whole story is not worth watching? :whistling:
I'm prepared for some tragedy. Always have been. Since that damned characters chart.
And I need to cry lately, I need that badly, life's being a b*tch.
Don't stone me, but I still haven't seen 15 and 16... yes, I'm bad.
But I have a good company^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 8th, '11, 07:54

If drama is this good, then I don't really care about the ending, because I know - either way it's going to be quite suitable and worth watching. Just like it was with Bad Guy(if I remember correctly), Iris and few more.

aility

Post by aility » Jan 8th, '11, 10:26

I agree with the Neliets and Ethlenn, some dramas is be wrapped up more nicely/realistically even if the ending is not "Happy ever after". Although Secret Garden has this semi-fairytale vibe over it, our hero is not exactly the hero of our dreams. But anyhow, I wouldnt mind a realistical one, or open one, as long as they dont do they "Separation because it is for their own goods, then some years later, they meet again and everything is fine", I seriously DISLIKE those ones, although some are also fitting.

anyway, as long as the ending makes sense!! I dont mind! And eventhough I havent seen bad guy, but I read all the recaps, that ending was just HUUUUH; WTF?!! IMO.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 8th, '11, 10:53

I personally think the ending should fit the tone. If the whole, or almost whole series has been laughs and fun, tragedy is just too sudden. The audience is not prepared for it.
If a movie is sad or has tragic elements from the get go, then you expect it more and it also suits the story more. Why show the cute and funny side of it if you plan to end it in tears?

I mean, there are some works that, from the very beginning, do show signs of both. So you are ready for anything. But to make a happy story and suddenly turn it tragic, nah. Not for me.
It seems others don't have a problem with it, but I do. If I watch something because it's light and fun, I don't want it to do a 180 and turn tragedy after it's lured me in with promise of joy.
When I feel like watching something more serious, I watch it. And there are works you know you can't be sure will have a good ending. But then you chose if you want to watch knowing that.

With series, it's even more so. If the viewer thinks "Well, this looks happy and light. I'll watch it" and has invested hours to watching something they think will give them some light in their lives,
you just don't go and turn it tragic because you feel that will make it more deep or meaningful or whatever. If you wanted depth and sorrow, have it throughout, don't squeeze it in at the end.

That's just my own personal view. I like to choose what to see depending on how I feel and what I want. Every viewer does so. So, if I choose Die Hard, I don't expect much depth. Just ass kicking.
And with romance, tragic romantic and happy romantic are worlds apart. If I choose a happy romantic series cause I feel my soul is lighter by watching it, I expect and demand what it lured me with.

Promise of a happy, fluffy they-lived-happily-ever-after-cause-that's-what-happens-in-these-types-of-series ending. And no. I don't consider the title "melodrama" enough of an excuse for it.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 8th, '11, 11:04

Hmm, Ori I get what you say, this drama was very happy and light for most parts and I understand you want a happy end cause you see it as a fluff drama...but the thing is, we saw the hints about some tragedy from the beginning, didn't we? Like the magic, the strange character chart etc etc. Actually I like this about the drama, that so close to the end I'm still not sure what to expect...

For me as I said, I'll be happy with a fluff ending IF it's well done and believable and not like aily said, first they can't be together but after a time leap or some other sudden change, they'll end up living happily ever after. I hate such turns in the last eps...

Maybe it's the same about fairy tales, whether you like the disney version or the original... Especially since this mentioned the little mermaid all the time...and my voice clearly goes to Hans Christian Andersen's conclusion :D

Edit: about Bad Guy, I expected an ending like this...but not in the way they carried it out...that drama had so much potential and used so little IMO...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 8th, '11, 11:19

Totally backing up every word Ori-chan wrote. I think exactly the same way about the ending. I don't think I can put in words better than this :thumright:
I guess liking KDW is synchronising our thoughts :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 8th, '11, 11:24

I don't see magic as only evil and I think what the series shows to the viewers over the course of it should be more representative of it than a character chart or "hints".
Not all viewers obsess over the charts and look a series up. Some rely on the actual work to understand what it will be giving them. I just personally like to know. ^^

As for Bad Guy, I expected a hugely tragic ending myself. Although I haven't seen it. Cause the series starts serious and continues that way. At least what I saw did.
The very story of the show is about a mysterious malevolent looking guy who wants to have revenge. That has "deaths, tragedy and general misery' written all over it.
Like I said, the whole style/tone of it points to a possibly bad ending. Some small "maybe" hints can't outweigh hours and hours of funny and light romantic comedy.

P.S: Issy-kins, we're in love and our fluff-ridden hearts are in sync. The bad boy made us all warm, sensitive and cuddly. That adorkable bastard... XD

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Jan 8th, '11, 12:15

I don't mind if it is a sad ending to an extent. I usually go into shows sorta prepared for it. Regardless the flow of this whole show has been nice and enjoyable, not gut wrenching. The lead couple of course has their hard times, and of course one character is always working harder to make sure they have a good ending. So I expect some sadness. However a really sad traumatic ending would be pushing it over the top. It will leave a lot of fans feeling ... remorse, and mislead.

That's just my thoughts though. Regardless I love this show, and even if I don't like the ending I will still watch it over and over... just not the ending. =D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 8th, '11, 12:39

Well, Bad Guy started as a heavy drama, was really great in the middle (btw, who was in the cast apart from the leading man, can't remember keke), but they messed up the ending. It was all SBS' fault. They could start filming this damned drama three months earlier, but due to some issues (I guess no one is interested here), they postponed it few months. And then we got army draft. Gunwuk was supposed to die in Ep 17, but drama was scheduled to 20 eps. I can't see through their thinking while they made that decision. It was the worst move of the last year in dramaland. I couldn't even hate SBS more for hat. This is why we got such f*cked up ending, and ruining one of the best premises of the last year.

Secret Garden, on the other hand, is not a fluff, but it's not Bad Guy caliber either. I guess few of us were repeating as mantra that this drama is not fluff. Romantic moments - eggs, funny moments - butter, but cake is not a cake without flour. In this case, we don't have pure white and fluffy flour, but a wholegrain one. Dark.
This makes drama bad? Do we always want to watch happily-ever-after? I don't. I prefer tragic ending than cheesy, far-fetched happy one. Because I never seen SG as a total rom-com.
Like Ara said, there were hints of something ominous awaiting over the corner.

On the happy note, netizens "discovered" what Gil Ra Im's name means: "thinking about stripping". No joking :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 8th, '11, 14:13

the ending of ep17 was definitely full of gloom. :-(
JW deciding to take RI place in her coma state. so sad, and so romantic. :cry:
now i am wondering what they will do in next 3eps because huge part of story is over now. :scratch:

and
Ethlenn wrote:Do we always want to watch happily-ever-after? I don't
sorry E-chan, but in this particular drama, YES. I DO. (even though i don't mind happily-ever-after ending in dramas that i am watching most of time. i hate the depressed feeling that i get from some ending)

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 8th, '11, 15:23

Issy wrote:the ending of ep17 was definitely full of gloom. :-(
JW deciding to take RI place in her coma state. so sad, and so romantic. :cry:
now i am wondering what they will do in next 3eps because huge part of story is over now. :scratch:

and
Ethlenn wrote:Do we always want to watch happily-ever-after? I don't
sorry E-chan, but in this particular drama, YES. I DO. (even though i don't mind happily-ever-after ending in dramas that i am watching most of time. i hate the depressed feeling that i get from some ending)
and yes I think I'm gonna cry a lot this time... :cry:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 8th, '11, 15:34

In SG, yes, I want a happy ending. I didn't mind the ending in "Magic" because I felt the characters all deserved what they got and the entire series was not exactly happy.
So no, I don't mind a bad ending that much, if it's realistic or deserved. But when I feel happy with a romance and laugh with the series, I do want a good ending. Definitely.
I prefer a non-perfect cheesy ending to a sad one, if the series has made me love the characters and want their happiness. It's not my fault they lead me to that, so pay up. :P

If the ending is bad for this, I'll lose it. I don't want to even consider it. Writer said it would be happy. Otherwise, I'll follow the Savage path. "I reject your reality and substitute my own". :rofl:

About the episode
More later, but I have to say, I was holding back the tears pretty well until the scene where kamdongnim was telling her to wake up. That one got me by surprise.
I guess because I expected him to be very cool about it. Sad, but kind of silent angsty cool. I didn't expect to see him collapse like that. Which is why I really liked that.

I still feel it will be alright. If they were going to have a bad ending, it would come later and if they were going to just keep switching and never meeting, we wouldn't have 3 episodes left for it.
So, I'm hoping the rest of the series will be about finding a way to get her back and finally putting everything in place for a happy ending. Also, for discovering more about the "force/s" behind this.

Really nice episode and wonderful performances. Although I did get a bit bugged about the usual martyr thing. I mean, did Ra Im really think the b*tch would destroy her own son?
I know she was upset and all, but she's not an idiot. She should know his mom is only barking and can't bite. Even if she did disown him, is that the end of the world? The man can work!
That's really the only problem I have although, without subs, I can't be sure if that was really the reason why she left him. I'd get it if a psychologist told her he is in danger if he remembers.
That would make more sense. To leave someone in fear you might hurt them. Like, really hurt them. But to leave just cause they'll have to work for a living and cause of a mother in law, nah.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 8th, '11, 18:54

Orion1986 wrote:IEven if she did disown him, is that the end of the world? The man can work!
That might be difficult unless he moves to the countryside or move out of the country. He also has to change his lifestyle an live as a pauper or leave the country. No big company will hire him because of his background. If it's a big corporation, they would snub him for being too big. It's like, your family is rich and powerful. We aren't qualified to hire you. Or else if it's field related, they don't want to make enemies with his family by hiring him. Only way he could get a job is if someone doesn't know him which is few.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 8th, '11, 19:11

True, but still. It's hard to believe he can't find good work anywhere. His mom is just a housewife with a temper. No real power. Plus, is she God? His grandfather owns everything before her.
And also, the man has studied abroad and is generally well-educated. He could just move to the U.S. No one there would say "We won't hire you cause your mom is a rich b*tch in Korea". :lol

They over dramatized it. They always do. Sure, he won't be able to live in the biggest of luxury for some time, but it's not like he'll end up begging for a quarter in some alley in the slums.
And I don't think a 34-year-old man hasn't made any real money of his own all this time. There are things she simply can't cut off or take away from him. But it's still too dramatic imho.
Even if she did take away all his fortune, the man should have a choice. If he wants to give it up and is happier being with Ra Im and having to work for a living, isn't it his right to do so?

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 8th, '11, 19:28

I will wait till I see the actual ending before I rant and rave!

From now, spoilers are a big No-no!

Oh, by the way, I watched 'The Man from Nowhere' yester-night and I saw Secretary Kim in it.
He played some really disturbing Character.

It was freaky to watch such a familiar and, in my memory funny face, in such a dark setting.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 8th, '11, 20:10

His character in Ahjusshi is a real b*tch. You love to hate him. But I found him adorable at the same time. XD

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 9th, '11, 08:30

Hi!

The ENG subtitles for episode 17 are done! :lol Thanks to all the contributors from the CTS Project @ darksmurfsub! :wub:

Check the 1 post for episode 17 (non-HD) = http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91792

Enjoy! Can't wait for episode 18 to be aired! :cheers: :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '11, 08:51

s3xs1 wrote:Hi!

The ENG subtitles for episode 17 are done! :lol Thanks to all the contributors from the CTS Project @ darksmurfsub! :wub:

Check the 1 post for episode 17 (non-HD) = http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91792

Enjoy! Can't wait for episode 18 to be aired! :cheers: :salut:
:O I am speechless. I only watched ep17 live and now that have HD (thanks Ara-chan :salut:) I can watch it fully subbed. Thanks alot

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 9th, '11, 09:20

Eeeepiicccc!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '11, 10:28

Are the subs good? Cause they're a bit too fast and I don't want to read about glory and elephants and shrimps again. Too sad of a point in the plot for funny subs like the last ones. Lol.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 9th, '11, 10:31

Orion1986 wrote:Are the subs good? Cause they're a bit too fast and I don't want to read about glory and elephants and shrimps again. Too sad of a point in the plot for funny subs like the last ones. Lol.
I don't know ... Korean speakers should jump in an share with us their opinion on the softsubs ... I've used their version for episode 16 and it seemed good to me. :cheers: :salut:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 9th, '11, 10:39

The subs seem solid enough. Keep in mind the speed in which they were completed.
Having watched lots of K-Drama (like everyone here) one gets a feel for bad subs; and or noticing autosubs.
But I got the feeling that in some places the subs were overly crowded in places. Instead of conveying the meaning only.All in all Not bad IMO!

And the episode was really strong. Despite feeling quite packed and rushed.

Quite predictable IMO, but thats what one gets for holding off the best and most dramatic bits for the last episodes...
Last edited by Myxale on Jan 9th, '11, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '11, 10:41

Well, I'll wait for Viki then. Just in case. I will. My mom can't. She wants them NAO. :lol

Thanks for the quick answers and posting the subs btw. ^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 9th, '11, 11:34

I just watched 17th episode with those subs, and subs aren't bad, I may not know korean well but, since I've seen a few dramas, I feel if it's right or totally wrong.

I didn't think it would turn out like this.

And that's what I call acting, even I got a little bit wet eye.
But you know - the car accident... The only thing that could possibly happen in reality - hit the door window with her head, nothing more. And you need to be very unlucky to get in coma from that.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 9th, '11, 12:12

Neliets wrote:I just watched 17th episode with those subs, and subs aren't bad, I may not know korean well but, since I've seen a few dramas, I feel if it's right or totally wrong.

I didn't think it would turn out like this.

And that's what I call acting, even I got a little bit wet eye.
But you know - the car accident... The only thing that could possibly happen in reality - hit the door window with her head, nothing more. And you need to be very unlucky to get in coma from that.
Yeah, that about Ra-Im's. But I guess the Script had a saying in it ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '11, 12:22

Subs were good indeed. Big thanks to the people/person that made them.

As for what happened
Do notice that she got hit from the side first and then also hit the pole. That's a sideways and then another head collision.
All that spinning around before the impact can cause serious damage. Not to mention the impact itself which wasn't a picnic.
It might not look impressive on camera, but the body would take a lot of damage from it. And the head is very sensitive.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '11, 12:36

Just to add that darksmurf subs are nothing less of viki ones and even better. I know about his/her subs since Dong Yi times. Not to mention keep reading very positive replys from people who used it. I had problem log in. Another good thing, they are the fastest subs to come out after each ep.
I still need to watch ep17 with subs but not long till ep18 starts and I got hooked on watching it live now. Hope the streaming won't be as frustrating as yesterday.
:crazy:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '11, 12:39

Orion1986 wrote: They over dramatized it. They always do. Sure, he won't be able to live in the biggest of luxury for some time, but it's not like he'll end up begging for a quarter in some alley in the slums.
And I don't think a 34-year-old man hasn't made any real money of his own all this time. There are things she simply can't cut off or take away from him. But it's still too dramatic imho.
Even if she did take away all his fortune, the man should have a choice. If he wants to give it up and is happier being with Ra Im and having to work for a living, isn't it his right to do so?
He probably has a salary. But look at the way he spends his money too. He spends it like water. If you are used to spending millions of dollars, can you live on $10,000? It's probably pocket change for him. It's easy going from being poor to being rich. But much harder if you've never been poor and you suddenly find you have no money. It's a big social change. No more nice cars, you take the bus. No more expensive restaurants, high class bars, big house, and theatres or booking whole restaurants to yourself. You end up eating fast food (intestines) and sleep in cold cheap rooms where there might not be any hot water at times. Even if he does live comfortably with his own money, it wouldn't last long with the way he's used to spending it.

As for moving overseas. The girl would have to agree with it too. I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 9th, '11, 13:31

Haven't watched 17 yet, but just read javabeans synopsis.
At the hospital, Ah-young is a sobbing mess, the stunt crew is fighting their own tears, and Joo-won walks with leaden steps. Not only may Ra-im never wake up again, the doctor believes she is brain-dead.
so
It seems like a whole lot a wiggle room for a happy ending as people do recover after spending years in a coma, rare yes. Seems like the only thing now is for the love of JW to save RI.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 9th, '11, 13:47

bearing in mind this the drama we are talking about and NOT real life (and even though dramas more or less are based on real life) but sometime they tend to write events that does not happen in real life and viewers happily watch it and pretend it's reality to feel better if they have any hardship in their lives or just have some hopes. and I don't see anything wrong with it.
SG is one drama that hardly happens in reality anyway, so we don't have to compare everything happens to its character with its actual possibility of happening or not.
plus, the possibility of people like JW being able to live in people like RI's world is very very small. YES, but not impossible. so if the story is heading that way (which honestly i don't see it) I can pretend that he is one of those one in a million man that was able to change his life for the sake of person he loves. i know am very romantic person but definitely not a delusional one that can't differentiate between reality and fiction. so i don't mind watching dramas that makes no sense in real life. i see it a way to recharge my batteries.

ep18 so far, kind of bored. so far they used two old cliche
Coma and Amnesia. coma was dealt with in good way and did not took too long and i can buy it easily. as for amnesia (in JW's case), let's just wait and see :scratch:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 9th, '11, 14:01

#Groan#

If they go on and Add Brain Tumor or such to the list, they will have pulled literary every trick!

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 9th, '11, 14:12

Issy wrote:bearing in mind this the drama we are talking about and NOT real life (and even though dramas more or less are based on real life) but sometime they tend to write events that does not happen in real life and viewers happily watch it and pretend it's reality to feel better if they have any hardship in their lives or just have some hopes. and I don't see anything wrong with it.
SG is one drama that hardly happens in reality anyway, so we don't have to compare everything happens to its character with its actual possibility of happening or not.
plus, the possibility of people like JW being able to live in people like RI's world is very very small. YES, but not impossible. so if the story is heading that way (which honestly i don't see it) I can pretend that he is one of those one in a million man that was able to change his life for the sake of person he loves. i know am very romantic person but definitely not a delusional one that can't differentiate between reality and fiction. so i don't mind watching dramas that makes no sense in real life. i see it a way to recharge my batteries.

ep18 so far, kind of bored. so far they used two old cliche
Coma and Amnesia. coma was dealt with in good way and did not took too long and i can buy it easily. as for amnesia (in JW's case), let's just wait and see :scratch:
Thanks for the information! I've seen the 4 minutes part of episode 18. Not knowing Korean I still understood what they've meant to express to the public:
they(oska and director) know now that JW took Ra-Im and why .... that was what I've seen
I'm waiting for the HANrel version to be released ... around 2 more hours :whistling:

@all that expressed their opinion on the softsub from darksmurfsub: They seem good for me ... and they're done by the community from there (collective work).

The softsubs done by darksmurf himself are very good ... my point of view ... but those require around 2 days each.

These ones are from the CTS Project => members of the community who know and want to contribute. The CTS Project is in BETA phase, so mistakes might happen. You can think at this way to translate as that found on viki, but more people can contribute simultaneously ... and there is a person/more who do the QC.

Take care!

~
Later Edit:

Just finished fast browsing episode 18 ... AMAZING. Human memory is something, exceptional ...

@all those who said: cliché, then I need to remind you this: There is Nothing New under the SUN! ... We do not invent something, we only re(discover) it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 9th, '11, 19:57

Nothing new under the sun and also, the person has a previous medical condition regarding that thing.
It didn't just come out of the blue and might I remind you we DO have supernatural happenings as well.

It's a whole other ballgame here. This usually happens in series because it offers a clean slate and because the writer can't think of what to do.
Just because it's a cliche as it is done in most series, does not mean that's all it can be. If well-written and with good reason, it can be fresh too.

More comments on both episodes later on. Also,
Oska made me cry the most I've cried during this series. I guess because you expect drama from all the characters, but he's usually so angst-free that it hits you harder with him.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 10th, '11, 07:22

hehehe ... we've got subtitles! Check the 1 post of episode 18 (non-HD). Thanks to all the contributors! :wub:

Too bad that we've started classes again .... I'll have to watch it tonight, the proper way.

I'm curious about the dialogue between Ra Im and JW after he wakes up ... but has amnesia, or he fakes it ... although he fakes it too good => deceiving the public also, not only the other characters from the drama. :whistling:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 10th, '11, 07:28

Yay...

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 10th, '11, 08:03

Thanks for all the subs!!!

Now I really need to make time and watch my dramas now. Hahahahaha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 10th, '11, 09:52

Oooooh! Subs! Thank you! :cheers: The previous ones were really really good.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 10th, '11, 10:16

Well, epi 18 really threw me off the loop.
It felt totally out of sync, with the previous one.

It was such a poor episode compared to 17.

Where 17 had lots of tears and momentum, 18 was, for the lack of better words lacking.

Was random, erratic and lots of other things. The Amnesia was kinda too much, but it led to some really nice scenes-

But then again, some nice scenes don't make a good episode...

The subs were ok, but compared to the ones d-smurf released for 17, rather lacking. :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 10th, '11, 10:30

Lacking in good translation or just not perfectly synced and with grammatical errors and such? Cause as long as the translation is good, it's ok if they don't look pretty. :-)

The only thing about 18 that kinda bugged me a bit were some reactions.
Like, a woman who suffered serious injury just woke up from a coma and you let her have a casual conversation with her boyfriend?
Oska and the doc didn't seem too surprised or at least worried an ex-comatose patient just walked in from the cold in pajamas and slippers.

Not to mention the cab driver who just drove off with what was an obviously emotionally unstable patient of a hospital still in her treatment clothing.
And ok, the fact that she could even get up and run out like that was unrealistic since after a coma your whole body is sore and brain too, might I add.
But I can forgive those since we are dealing with supernatural forces and all. Maybe daddy fixed her up and made her top of her game in one night.

But yeah, the reactions to all these things happening were a bit lacking. We also didn't see the others react to her waking up. Mistake, I think.
I think they should have made a bigger deal out of it. They made a big deal out of it when it happened so the waking up should have had it too.

On the other hand, I love the series too much to really be seriously bothered by these things. They might bug me a bit when I see them, but no biggie.
The series is just too good and so smart at avoiding cliches or then using them in new, fresh ways that I can't even complain about them. Ehehe. Love it!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 10th, '11, 11:53

Ah, sorry, my first part of the post has nothing to do with the subs.
Should have been clearer on what i mean. I was being lazy...

The pacing and plot changes threw me off.

I mean, in 17 all emotions and the whole situation was coiled to the point chocking. Ending with what to seemed like an epic escape to me.
- Speeding down an seemingly endless road into a troubled, murky future. After all those goodbyes Joo Won did...

And of course we expected it to continue in a similar epic manner, but instead we go some lame situations, and amnesia-... And same old...and frustration...

As for the subs themselves...they were good, considering how fast they were done, but not as tight as the subs for 17.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 10th, '11, 15:50

One comment on 18
I am so in love with kamdongnim right now. He stayed there so that Joo Won won't be afraid with strangers?
How friggin' cute, kind-hearted and wonderful is that of him? He made me cry again. Urgh. Such a good man!

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 10th, '11, 19:16

Just finished watching ep 17 and 18 and I'm so emotionally drained...
I think I started crying when Joo Won found Ra Im's letter and sobbed all the way till they came back to "normal". Oska made me cry most when he realized that something is wrong when Joo Won was missing and when he realized that the one who woke up was not Joo Won but Ra Im in his body. Oska felt so real as his brother. :cry:

Another thing that I thought was very moving was when Ra Im (in Joo Won's body) at the hospital was looking at her own body (Joo Won inside) and telling him how cruel it will be to let her to live as Joo Won and see his face from now on. I know Joo Won wanted to save her but in my opinion that would have been really cruel knowing how Ra Im loved him. If you would die, would you want to end up in your loved one's body rather than die? I'd rather pick death.

and :cussing: at Joo Won's mother. IMHO, her "love" to her son is so selfish... She didn't even consider that her son, who already had mental problems, could easilly break down if she keeps meddling his life. She clearly doesn't know when to stop and doesn't seem to care about his son, but more about keeping him at herself and so hurting him.
Besides all the crying, there was one funny moment in the ep 17:
When Oska took Tae Ssun on his shoulders and carried away. hehe, I could see them as work partners, fighting all the time but doing amazing job. It was cute that Oska admitted that he was the one who needed to learn from Tae Ssun. That man just keeps amazing me. ^^
I wonder what they will come up with next two episodes when almost everything is packed up now.
Maybe Joo Won gaining his memory. I wouldn't mind if he didn't though, they seem fine as they are now.
Edit: and I have to admit that Secretary Kim is one damn loyal guy. :-)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '11, 03:50

oh man ... Ep 17 and 18(must have been[seeingthat I didn't watch it yet] )was something ... well it seems Like I would be repeating some of the same comments so I'll just agree with what everyone said :-)

ok for Episode 17 for me
WOW so much Crying from Ra Im to JooWon :cry:
then we have were JoWon is cracking up from what Oska was telling him [that was something] :P But his Mother OMG OMG Man :crazy: a brick comes to mind when I see her :x but she has it coming for her OOOOH BOy !!!!!!!!! :glare: :roll
last thing i notice about was when the director said that if she gets up he will give her to Jo Won that was nice of him seeing how much he really like her :whistling: but the ending sure did leave u hanging MAN i was LIKE WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:alcoholic:

can't wait to see 18 but from what i read it wasn't all that aww thats no good :| :unsure:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 11th, '11, 08:41

misuzana wrote: can't wait to see 18 but from what i read it wasn't all that aww thats no good :| :unsure:
18 is a bit lame, compared to 17. But still watchable! :P

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 11th, '11, 14:35

epi 18 is...... :cheers:
what a sweet amnesia LOL..... it's different from BOF's amnesia.....love it soooooo much....
I love his expression when RI hug him :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 11th, '11, 15:07

about ep18, when i was watching it live, i was kind of bored with the whole ep and i did not find it as good as ep17. but last night on second watch with subs, it was much better. it's true that is not a very strong ep as previous ones but it has its nice moments.

specially the whole :
JW going back to when he was 21 and acting 13 years younger. i found it interesting and fresh. specially the idea that he is still very much interested in RI and trying his best to remember her and that is totally different from cliche amnesia stories where they always show how horrible and mean the person is to one he/she loves because they have forgotten about them. true, you don't remeber that person but you don't need to be put them in hell because "oh, they're making you feel uneasy"
but in here, there was no angest about it. you still feel happy even though JW has no memories of how deeply he RI and he shows it in the way he interacts with her to the point where i was confused if he just pretending to have forgotten about her or amnesia story is for real. I still wonder about it

can i be mean and horrible in wishing something really awful should happen to JW mama? apart from her horrendous wardrobe which definitely does not represent her age or her status and that her hair style, she is not improving or redeeming herself at all. unlike Seul who i really like now she keeps on being evil and i thought knowing whose daughter RI is, will make some difference.

and i was wondering about her strange reaction when she saw JW (with RI inside) is hugging the director. i can think of two reasons (1. she thinks JW starting to like men :lol and 2. she does actually know him from before). but both two does not give me enough answers on why such a strange reaction.

it has been a while since a drama made me cry.

:whistling:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jan 11th, '11, 19:44

I just found a slight gap of time to watch dramas (been doing construction for a store I am opening up).

I powered through to episode 7 so far and while I found this series enjoyable, I wouldn't call it amazing. Does it get any better going forward?

I don't have much spare relaxation/leisure time and am wondering if I should use it for other things at this point.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 11th, '11, 19:47

It's quite good, actually. But I'd say that it's a bit cheezy. I say - go for it.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '11, 20:09

ocha.antik wrote:epi 18 is...... :cheers:
what a sweet amnesia LOL..... it's different from BOF's amnesia.....love it soooooo much....
I love his expression when RI hug him :P
uknow I thought that i was the only one who notice that :P i want to see how they make him come back to his sense's :whistling:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '11, 20:11

Myxale wrote:
misuzana wrote: can't wait to see 18 but from what i read it wasn't all that aww thats no good :| :unsure:
18 is a bit lame, compared to 17. But still watchable! :P
oh ok thanks thats good to know :cheers:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '11, 20:14

Neliets wrote:It's quite good, actually. But I'd say that it's a bit cheezy. I say - go for it.
yea Me too 8)

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 11th, '11, 22:08

Everyone seen this parody picture already?

Oh, my eyes! :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '11, 22:31

Yes, I was just unsure whether I should post them here. It was all around Naver and Nate^^
Funny^^

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 12th, '11, 00:43

misuzana wrote: uknow I thought that i was the only one who notice that :P i want to see how they make him come back to his sense's :whistling:
is kissing will bring his memory back..... :P
I also love 21 years old JW :wub: :wub:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 12th, '11, 00:45

Viande wrote:Everyone seen this parody picture already?

LOL....yea so funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 12th, '11, 15:01

ep18...
was so tiring to watch, take exception to the last 10m....
I still don't have a single reasonable reason for loving this drama, I just want its magic to end asap! :roll

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Jan 12th, '11, 15:53

the 21 year old K.J.W. is just as cute as the 34 year old one. having him go back to his twenties, it'll show that no matter how old he is, he still loves G.R.I.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jan 12th, '11, 17:40

Have to say I looooooove this drama. I think the leads have great chemistry...

That being said.. on ep 17 and 18:
17 was amazing esp when I was done and realized what he was going to do! I love it when a drama leaves something to think about it..
And 18 .. loved the amnesia. I like that he thought her name first when he woke up and accepted that he loved her. And the ending was cute... can't wait for 19.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '11, 19:00

MisS Lonliah wrote:ep18...
I still don't have a single reasonable reason for loving this drama, I just want its magic to end asap! :roll
Actually, I do have so many "reasonable" reasons to love this drama
A story very well written.
Chatacters very well portrayed by the actors/actresses.
A new and fresh way of telling a simple love story.
Consistently engaginging one ep after another.
I can go on and on but SG is the only drama I am watching while in totally " out of love" for drama mood that I am having right now.
I love its magic and even though I don't want to end ASAP, but just so eager to know how it ends.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 12th, '11, 19:03

looooool! thanks for the share ...it could be more interesting :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '11, 19:45

How can you not love Kim Gab Soo?

Today is Kim Sarang Birthday, so Happy Birthday (I'm redundant, I know) to our evil lady!

And news on Hyun Bin: he enlisted to Marines, and the results of his tests will be ready in February. Good boy, Marines can get 18 months long service, hehe^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 12th, '11, 20:36

HAHAHAHA, perfect!!! These pics made my day!! If you come across a vid, please do share!^^

Happy B-day KSR!! Wow, I'd never thought she was already over 30! What a pretty lady =)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 12th, '11, 20:55

:lol :lol :lol :lol they are too much :lol :lol

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 12th, '11, 21:12

haha, aww... ^^

Is he SG fan too? Seems that Secret Garden has done some memorable scenes that will be remembered after years.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 13th, '11, 08:14

Issy wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:ep18...
Actually, I do have so many "reasonable" reasons to love this drama
A story very well written.
Chatacters very well portrayed by the actors/actresses.
A new and fresh way of telling a simple love story.
Consistently engaginging one ep after another.
I can go on and on but SG is the only drama I am watching while in totally " out of love" for drama mood that I am having right now.
I love its magic and even though I don't want to end ASAP, but just so eager to know how it ends.

Issy, I totally agree to what you said dear :cry:
I usually tend to NOT acknowledge such perfect dramas, because they simply damage/occupy my mind!! For example, OST Part.5 is on repeat all day long & I don't know WHY! :cry: :cry: some one help me to change it!!!!! :cry:
haha excuse me a baka fan of this drama was here :mrgreen:

& now it's INFINITE’s WooHyun turn

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 13th, '11, 13:52

I had to refrain myself from reading all the comments and spoilers posted here before i finished watching Episode 17 and 18. Boy was it a roller coaster ride especially 17.
I cried when JW went to the hospital and his face was completely like dead. I cried with JW when he found the note that RI left him on the little mermaid. I cried with JW when he cried writing the letter to RI. I cried when JW was speaking to RI in the car and confessing his love to her. I also cried with Oska realised what JW planned to do

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 13th, '11, 14:30

kahlan wrote:I had to refrain myself from reading all the comments and spoilers posted here before i finished watching Episode 17 and 18. Boy was it a roller coaster ride especially 17.
I cried when JW went to the hospital and his face was completely like dead. I cried with JW when he found the note that RI left him on the little mermaid. I cried with JW when he cried writing the letter to RI. I cried when JW was speaking to RI in the car and confessing his love to her. I also cried with Oska realised what JW planned to do
So basically you only cried when JW cried.:mrgreen:
I found myself on the other side. I cried whenever RI did. her tears were more emotional for me and heart felt even though i felt it was a tiny little bit over the top. but she sure did make me sympathise with her whenever she cried.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 13th, '11, 19:48

Ara: this as a video will be in today's episode of Kim Gab Su drama^^ It was actually in the yesterday's preview.

And:Hyun Bin was mentioned in MBC News Desk 2011-01-12 and day after YTN reported the same, adding also the reactions of fans, who praise Hyun for such decision.
All because of the army, of kors. The article basically says that two news programs reported his enlistment to Marines. The criteria are: educational backgrouns, physical condition etc. The results will be on January 20. The ratio is 4:1 (means 4 candidates for 1 place in Marines).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 13th, '11, 21:52

Ethlenn wrote:Ara: this as a video will be in today's episode of Kim Gab Su drama^^ It was actually in the yesterday's preview.
What vid? I'd love to see...so I have to go download which drama now? :unsure:

Well good for Hyun Bin if he gets into the marines...shorter term of service and another image boost. That guy seems to be doing everything right atm...

and btw will he do another movie before leaving for his service?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 13th, '11, 22:49

arakira wrote:HAHAHAHA, perfect!!! These pics made my day!! If you come across a vid, please do share!^^
Drama "All My Love" with Kim Gab Soo, I was referring to his sit-ups on those pics I posted link to.

Yes, Hyun Bin will have another movie before he goes to the army called Love Or Not

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 13th, '11, 23:14

Late Autumn and Love Or Not both are looking at February releases! Great timings indeed, & lucky producers! :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 14th, '11, 11:20

I mean, seriously, you gotta love 'Assistant Kim' Kim Seong-oh. This man has great sense of humor and distance to himself.
In the last episode of Evening TV, he was asked about his look-alikes. And his answer was: salamander.
article on Nate

I will upload this episode soon^^ :wub:
The right kind of sparkle:
ImageImage

BTW. You heard the news about the ending of SG??

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 14th, '11, 12:13

Salamander looooooooool ! IFunny
Oh oh... thanks for the pictures loved the first one ...how cuuuuuuuuuuute <3 ...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 14th, '11, 13:40

:lol at those pictures with glitter tracksuits. i wonder how can i get two for my 18 months niece and nephew. they will make a perfect chibi JW/RI in them. :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 14th, '11, 14:16

Ahaha. Read the salamander article a while ago. Aww, he's so cute, isn't he? :lol