[Discussion] Deka Wanko (Tabe Mikako,Tegoshi Yuya)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] Deka Wanko (Tabe Mikako,Tegoshi Yuya)

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 01:52

Deka Wanko

Details
* Title: デカワンコ
* Title (romaji): Deka Wanko
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Comedy
* Episodes: TBA
* Viewership rating: TBA
* Broadcast network: NTV
* Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-15 start
* Air time: Saturday 21:00
* Theme song: Ai to Hoshi by Makichang

Synopsis
"Deka Wanko" is originally a manga by "Gokusen" creator Kozueko Morimoto. The comedic series revolves around a rookie detective named Ichiko Hanamori (played by Tabe), whose exceptional dog-like sense of smell is used to solve difficult cases, in addition to earning her the nickname of "Deka Wanko." --Tokyograph

Cast

* Tabe Mikako
* Sawamura Ikki
* Tegoshi Yuya
* Masu Takeshi
* Ohkura Koji
* Mikami Kensei
* Watanabe Naomi (渡辺直美)
* Ishizuka Hidehiko
* Taguchi Tomorowo
* Fukikoshi Mitsuru
* Sano Shiro
* Ito Shiro

Deka Wanko @DramaWiki
Official Site
Serenity Fansubwill release (Hard & Soft) subs
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Mar 1st, '11, 16:48, edited 2 times in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 02:33

My feelings toward this drama.... is described in your sig, MisS Lonliah >_> I saw a preview of this too (I think... well, I remember reading about it... ) but yeah... I dunnoooooooooo. Might look at it

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jan 6th, '11, 02:37

This drama sounds good.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 02:57

«minah» wrote:My feelings toward this drama.... is described in your sig, MisS Lonliah >_> I saw a preview of this too (I think... well, I remember reading about it... ) but yeah... I dunnoooooooooo. Might look at it
haha, well that expression on my sig is a bit complicated, but that man was overhappy at that moment because the thing he hoped for the most has just happened.. :mrgreen:

Off Topic about the signature
it's from the current most popular Kdrama Secret Garden
Anyway, I agree.. I'm not really sure about this drama.. there is nothing outstanding so far since I don't know how good is/was the manga.. but I'm going to give it a try! And, Tabe Mikako is a great actress btw! :-)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 03:04

Ah ok. My friend is watching that drama I believe. Well, I'm not over-happy about this series is right here, lol. But yeah his face looks like... "Dang it.... man... I dunno about this" lol. But thank you for giving me the background of it!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 03:29

lol don't mention it! ;)
hmm maybe your reaction was closer to this?

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 03:33

Lol!!! Yeah! MatsuJun?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 03:37

«minah» wrote:Lol!!! Yeah! MatsuJun?
hai ^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 04:06

Yeah meant to mention this before....But Yuya!? Isn't he that girly guy from NEWS...? If so.. eh... I don't like his acting

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 04:15

«minah» wrote:Yeah meant to mention this before....But Yuya!? Isn't he that girly guy from NEWS...? If so.. eh... I don't like his acting
Yeah, Tegoshi is from NEWS/Tegomass & he's married to Masu! :mrgreen:
I agree, he's not meant for acting.. he has some other good skills though

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 04:21

MisS Lonliah wrote:
«minah» wrote:Yeah meant to mention this before....But Yuya!? Isn't he that girly guy from NEWS...? If so.. eh... I don't like his acting

Wait wait, in the show he is married to the actor guy Masu? *sooo confused* But yeah.... I thought he was awful in MBMH... just came off as really.... fake and not natural... and didn't like him in that last drama with Kame.... but that show altogether was pretty bad

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 04:36

«minah» wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:

Wait wait, in the show he is married to the actor guy Masu? *sooo confused* But yeah.... I thought he was awful in MBMH... just came off as really.... fake and not natural... and didn't like him in that last drama with Kame.... but that show altogether was pretty bad
oh I'm sorry, I gave you some false info.. that's only a joke about them! xD (you know some fans have wild imagination)..
Again I agree with you.. MBMH was a great drama, but Tegoshi didn't add anything to it... Yamato Nadeshiko was overrated but his role there was close to the original character I guess.. anyway, let's see what he's going to do in this drama! :D

Kyon

Post by Kyon » Jan 6th, '11, 05:30

Hm, Tegoshi, huh? I guess I'll be watching this, if only to stare at his pretty face lol.

That guy took some dancing lessons...and now he's pretty good at it (at least he's not the worst in NEWS anymore).
I wish he'd take some acting lessons as well XD

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jan 6th, '11, 05:42

Watching this for Tabe Mikako, I love her deadpan face.

Not thrilled about Tegoshi, hopefully his balls have dropped since I last saw him.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 06:33

@MisS Lonliah Aah ok... lol. I think for Nadeshiko they picked the wrong guys for the role because wouldn't have gone crazy for ANY of them... especially Tegoshi. (maybe Kame.... I dunno...) but that show pissed me off on how they like to make girls just mindless stupid beings who are really shallow....(I hate when they do that in manga and anime too) so yeah.

@hey9 LOL!!! Actuaally, you made me think of Tomiura Satoshi. Omg in Homeroom by the Seaside whatever it's called, I thought for the longest time he was a girl.... then realized he's the little brother from HYD lol

But yeah... the only actor I'm looking forward to is Mikami Kensei... he was SO hot in Tokyo Dogs when I first saw him... never thought a villain to be so smexy ^_^ (he should keep the facial hair)) but even an actor can't keep me hook on a show because if this show blows...........

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 20:57

«minah» wrote: But yeah... the only actor I'm looking forward to is Mikami Kensei... he was SO hot in Tokyo Dogs when I first saw him... never thought a villain to be so smexy ^_^ (he should keep the facial hair)) but even an actor can't keep me hook on a show because if this show blows...........
I have watched all of his dramas take exception to GOLD, in the four of them he had short scenes & serious roles so I can't judge his acting skills yet. Hoping to see him in bigger roles in order to be able to judge probably! ^^

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jan 7th, '11, 01:32

«minah» wrote:@hey9 LOL!!! Actuaally, you made me think of Tomiura Satoshi. Omg in Homeroom by the Seaside whatever it's called, I thought for the longest time he was a girl.... then realized he's the little brother from HYD lol
Yeah, a lot of the Johnnys are a little too feminine or young looking for me, but there is something about Tegoshi that rubs me the wrong way. He kinda looks like my cousin, so I don't see the appeal lol.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 7th, '11, 03:08

@ Miss Lonliah

Yeah that's true... but when I compare the cast of this show... he's reaaaally the only one I'm looking forward to because I'm kinda eh about the girl and Tegoshi... yeah.... I really don't like his acting, nor am I super crazy about many JE boys (for acting: Tackey, Nagase, Toma, and Nino... maybe Takuya and for semi-acting/eye candy:Tackey, Toma and Koki) I haven't seen GOLD yet... the plot didn't interest me... but seeing Mikami Kensei from TK, I think he did decent for a bad guy because eh did creep me out lol. And BM2... well, I wish they didn't make his character so typical (he really didn't see needed in the show... but I guess to replace people from the previous season)

and @hey9.... I saw a picture of Tegoshi when he as a kid.... and he STILL looked like a girl! I was like... is that really him!? lol. But yeah

I just hope it keeps my interests because even actors can't save a show if the plot and characters are bad. I have dropped many that had nice leads but bad story/characters... (Yamada Tarou's story which starred that girl)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 7th, '11, 21:14

«minah» wrote: I just hope it keeps my interests because even actors can't save a show if the plot and characters are bad. I have dropped many that had nice leads but bad story/characters... (Yamada Tarou's story which starred that girl)
Hello again!
It's interesting to chat with you! :mrgreen:
So you dropped Yamada Taro Monogatari? I liked that drama, but don't listen to my opinion here because I'm telling you: I'm biased lol. Anyway, here is a one good thing about Tegoshi :P

Tabe Mikako Comments “Sawamura Smells Like Alcohol” at “Deka Wanko” Drama Event

Tabe commented, “I have to flare my nostrils wide open everyday for shooting. Since this is a normal habit, my nose is getting big and my manager told me to be careful with it.” Tabe has even noticed how her co-stars Sawamura Ikki (43) and Tegoshi Yuya (23) smell, she jokingly commented, “Tegoshi always smelled pleasant from the first day of shooting. But Sawamura smells a lot like alcohol.”
source

only for «minah»
it's normal for girls to smell good ne~ xD

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 7th, '11, 21:59

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Hello again!
So you dropped Yamada Taro Monogatari? I liked that drama, but don't listen to my opinion here because I'm telling you: I'm biased lol. Anyway, here is a one good thing about Tegoshi :P

Lol I try not to let bias-ness come too much in the way when watching a drama. I like Nino a lot! One of my favorite actors... but the show.. I couldn't bare it any longer! I'm picky I guess lol

But I read something similar to Twilight I think. The lead vampire smelled during shooting so that lead girl could get more reaction and uneasiness around him during shooting (or something like that) I mean, it's hard to "act" and "fake" a lot of stuff lol
Well, see! I knew Tegoshi was a girl!!!! Just kidding lol.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 7th, '11, 23:36

«minah» wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
Hello again!

Lol I try not to let bias-ness come too much in the way when watching a drama. I like Nino a lot! One of my favorite actors... but the show.. I couldn't bare it any longer! I'm picky I guess lol

But I read something similar to Twilight I think. The lead vampire smelled during shooting so that lead girl could get more reaction and uneasiness around him during shooting (or something like that) I mean, it's hard to "act" and "fake" a lot of stuff lol
Well, see! I knew Tegoshi was a girl!!!! Just kidding lol.
well.. I believe that there are three kinds of dramas in everyone's life: (Excuse my philosophy) xD
- Perfect (the ones u recommend to ur friends)
- Enjoyable only to u ( the ones u watch for a reason, be it an actor/actress or even a location)
- No-good :mrgreen:
To me Yamada Taro Monogatari was enjoyable :whistling:

@Twilight's story: ohhh really??!!! :O omg! lol

hahah Tegoshi is happy to hear that you knew that!
soruce: yuunews@twitter

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 7th, '11, 23:45

Yhea that's pretty true with what you said.,.. but I think in between enjoyable and no good, should be "watchable." I've seen some that are watchable... it has something that still keeps my interests but it's not bad (The Yamato Wallflower drama... I mean... it was pretty bad... but I wanted to see how it ended and I did like Oomase Aya (sp?) playing a different type of character)

Well, Tegoshi looks A LOT better here than in that last drama.. The perm hair looks good only on certain people... and he wasn't one of them lol. Straight hair looks nicer on him... the first picture he looks creepy and the second one.. he looks older than his age... looks like he's gonna speak with a deeper voice lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 8th, '11, 00:04

oh you're right! that was a good point! hmmm Yamato Nadeshiko would go under No-good but that doesn't mean that you must drop it completely LOL
Have you seen the anime version? I liked it better than the drama btw ^^
maybe such faces/characters better stay away from live action dramas.. the anime version of Sunako was way more interesting than Aya, again maybe because such stories are not meant to be dramas..

I agree @perm.. :mrgreen:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 8th, '11, 00:56

I forgot there was an anime version... I've seen ads about the manga but 1) it never told me a basic description of what it was about and 2) it didn't grab my attention lol. But yeah.... there are some stuff that shouldn't be dramas... And some stuff that's the complete opposite (I watched Nodame drama first and tried watching the anime but... the drama seemed more animated than the animated series lol Though it was silly, it wasn't done all tacky-like so it made a great live action) and that's what I fear with this series.... I hope it doesn't turn out bad and done tacky >_<

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 11th, '11, 02:29

«minah» wrote: (I watched Nodame drama first and tried watching the anime but... the drama seemed more animated than the animated series lol Though it was silly, it wasn't done all tacky-like so it made a great live action)
I totally agree!!!!! For example, Milch or Franz Strezemann character in the anime was so dull comparing to the live action! :mrgreen: I so loved his accent! :mrgreen:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 11th, '11, 03:35

MisS Lonliah wrote:
«minah» wrote: (I watched Nodame drama first and tried watching the anime but... the drama seemed more animated than the animated series lol Though it was silly, it wasn't done all tacky-like so it made a great live action)
I totally agree!!!!! For example, Milch or Franz Strezemann character in the anime was so dull comparing to the live action! :mrgreen: I so loved his accent! :mrgreen:
Me too! I don't know much Japanese but I can tell the difference and hear the accent in his. His speaking had such a weird but cool flow to it

renge85

Post by renge85 » Jan 18th, '11, 08:48

Oh my God what they done with Yanagi :cussing: He was so hot in manga, I can't bear it :cry:

earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by earthcolors » Jan 30th, '11, 15:11

Been watching Deka Wanko raw eps. I don't understand everything they're saying but it's pretty easier to understand even without the subs compared to other current dramas.

I just wanna say I'm enjoying Deka Wanko. And I think it's the only fun show for this season.

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » Mar 1st, '11, 04:55

Well, this thread certainly has been derailed.

Just watched the first two subbed episodes and I was expecting it to be bad, but it wasn't. I enjoyed it; it should be weird based on the plot, but it isn't. :D

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Mar 2nd, '11, 00:28

Well, you are finding it enjoyable, but I've watch the first two subbed episodes and couldn't stand watching the whole thing. I think it's too random for my taste.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 2nd, '11, 08:05

I was suprised. I enjoyed the first two episodes more then expected.

The plot is to simple (smell the correct suspect) and i dont think the gl style fits to Tabe Mikako, but i will watch the rest of the drama.

Thanks to the subber :)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Mar 5th, '11, 13:53

Can somebody tell me, how the song is called taht is heard often in the background? For example, Episode 2 when she is following the suspect while he is buying fertilizer or when the dog later searches after her. Does anybody know the name of the song?

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Mar 18th, '11, 05:40

I really enjoy this show! It's cute and fun. I've never been a huge fan of Tabe Mikako (I don't dislike her but I don't particularly like her either) but I think she's just great in this. It's not like a ground breaking drama or anything but it's nice to watch.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 18th, '11, 05:53

I just couldn't tbh. I got two episodes in and I just had to let go. I don't mind Tegoshi or Tabe, but...I'm not going to lie, the plot and acting were a bit too exaggerated for my liking.

I dunno, interesting idea, but not really...working for me.

ha_na_bi

Post by ha_na_bi » Mar 21st, '11, 00:36

I'm enjoying this show. Nothing serious but at least it's entertaining. I think b/c of the common demographic the show is targeted towards, i.e. children, it works. Nothing too complicated, at least the crimes are realistic.

Smelling the criminal beats magical crime solutions. LOL!

Tabe-chan is obviously doing this drama for fun, though I kinda miss her in more serious fare such as Fumou Chitai and Tsubasa. I hope she doesn't keep getting pigeon holed in genki/clumsy roles too often. She's my favorite '89er.

As for Tegoshi, let's just say, I'm glad he's not a full-time actor. The only performance I tolerate of his was in Sabu's Dead Run, but that's more because of Sabu than of him.

/end rant

Deka Wanko is more fun than other dramas this season.

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Mar 21st, '11, 01:03

I feel the same way about Tegoshi... I mean he's cute and everything but he acts like a child, he's nothing like a cop at all :lol

ha_na_bi

Post by ha_na_bi » Mar 21st, '11, 01:07

ecco27 wrote:I feel the same way about Tegoshi... I mean he's cute and everything but he acts like a child, he's nothing like a cop at all :lol
The way he pouts all the time in the drama at Wanko makes me wonder why someone hasn't shot him yet. LOL. I actually want to see Kiri-san get into a fist fight all by himself, but I get the feeling Tegoshi will get schooled by his opponent. hehehehehe

But I do think if they added a Kiri-san (Tegoshi) fight scene, it will be for the lulz. I will laugh whole-heartedly.

earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by earthcolors » Mar 21st, '11, 02:24

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Can somebody tell me, how the song is called taht is heard often in the background? For example, Episode 2 when she is following the suspect while he is buying fertilizer or when the dog later searches after her. Does anybody know the name of the song?
I'm not sure if you're referring to the jazzy theme song which is pretty much being played all through out the drama. It's "Taiyo ni Hoero (Howl at the sun)" which was the theme song from a classic Japanese 70s-80s police drama series of the same name. It's also Wanko's ring tone on her cell.

Just like to share this coffee commercial i found of Tommy Lee Jones paying homage to Japanese 70s detective shows (the song is being played in the background):

:P

hey9

Post by hey9 » Mar 25th, '11, 04:55

Tegoshi has actually grown a bit on me, he looks older now lol. Maybe that's why. Still meh at acting though.

I like Tabe, she's so cute and I love her eyes (they're really hooded, which I think looks unique amongst all the wide-eyed, circle lens actresses now).

I also really like that guy who keeps talking in english lol. I wish she had been paired up with him :P