A Love To Kill
24%
Fugitive: Plan B
21%

Total votes: 29

sansi

Fugitive: Plan B (KBS2,2010)

Post by sansi » Sep 29th, '10, 21:24

Just few hours ago the first episode was aired. There are no english subs yet, so hurry up translators :P . We are all curious to see Rain after a lon, long time, aren't we? :-) So . please wrtite down your oppinions, your expectations here.

Image[/img]

FUGITIVE: PLAN B , KBS2, 2010

Title: 도망자 / Do Mang Ja
Also Known as: Runaway: Plan B
Genre: Action, romance
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast Network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2010-Sep-29 to TBA
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

During the Korean War, a vast amount of money disappeared. Now, some 60 years later, the money has reappeared, leading to a frantic chase across the globe. Jin Yi (Lee Na Young) is a seemingly innocent woman who has hidden motives for approaching Ji Woo (Bi). Her plans are complicated by an unexpected romance developing between them, as well as the numerous pursuers hot on their trail. Kieko (Uehara Takako) is a famous Japanese singer who also gets tangled up in a relationship with this man. Little do they know that her father Hiroki (Takenaka Naoto), apart from being a business man, is a powerful yakuza. In this love triangle, who will finally win the love of Ji Woo?

Cast
Bi as Ji Woo
Lee Na Young as Jin Yi / Jini K.
Lee Jung Jin as Chief Detective Do Soo
Yoon Jin Seo as Detective Yoon So Ran
Daniel Henney as Kai
Sung Dong Il as Nakamura Hwang
Yoon Son Ha as Hwang Mi Jin
Takenaka Naoto as Hiroki (Kieko's father)
Uehara Takako as Kieko
Gong Hyung Jin as Master Jang
Josie Ho as Hwai
Jo Hee Bong as James Bong
Ti Lung as General Wie
Song Jae Ho as Yang Doo Hee
Kim Eung Soo as Yang Young Joon (Doo Hee's son)
Danny Ahn as Baek Nam Jung
Kim Hyung Jong as Detective Kim
Jung Seung Kyo (정승교) as Detective Lee
Kim Soo Hyun (김수현) as Detective Park
Kim Soo Hyun as Sophie / Im Bi Seo
Oh Ji Ho as Kevin (cameo)
Han Jung Soo as corrupt detective (cameo)
Lee Jong Hyuk as projection room interpreter (cameo)
MBLAQ (cameo)
Production Credits
Director: Kwak Jung Hwan
Screenwriter: Chun Sung Il (천성일)

chomania1986

Fugitive (KBS2, 2010)

Post by chomania1986 » Sep 29th, '10, 23:29

Just watched the 1st episode and I gotta say it's absolutely horrible to watch.

The whole series looks low budget, the action scenes are embarrassing, the dialogues are dire, Rain is an absolutely dreadful actor in this series.

Is this really supposed to be done by the director and writer of Chuno? There are a lot of good and famous actors in it, but I still can't believe how bad this drama really is.

This is really the Drama version of "Snakes on a Plane" in terms of quality. Yes. it's that bad. There's no way in hell I will watch any more episodes of this crap.

chomania1986

Post by chomania1986 » Sep 29th, '10, 23:47

Already mentioned that in another thread, but rain is awful in this one. he's supposed to play a witty, charismatic action hero, but his acting is awkward and just pure ****. he was way better in Full House n even in Full House i didnt find him particularly good. but then again, this whole series is crap. all the chuno actors play in there, and it seems as if everyone of them was miles better in chuno. good god, its soooo bad n i'm pissed b/c i had high hopes for this one b/c i really enjoyed chuno. i hope that the series gets so low ratings that they will drop it right away from the program. really, any other drama derserves this broadcast spot..

csillibilli112

Post by csillibilli112 » Sep 29th, '10, 23:47

oh noo no way realy: ?
I would wach tomorrow :S but.... uhh that not good report... :S

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 30th, '10, 00:01

Two exactly the same topics. One in Actors thread although it's on drama. Merged.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Sep 30th, '10, 06:07

saw the first ep...wasn't that interesting and Rain acting wasn't that good, .maybe because he is tense in the start but will give another chance :unsure:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 30th, '10, 18:41

I'll definitely watch this, I liked Iris. And I'm kinda fan of Rain.

About the poll - Let's go to school, Sang-doo.

sansi

Post by sansi » Oct 1st, '10, 16:03

I saw some scenes from the first episode, without subtitle, and it seems more like a comedy to me. And also it seems like ... a little ... "american style" . The first episode had ~21% rating, while the second was ~17%. I think people were maybe disappointed...as I could read on this topic too. Anyway I will watch it after it will be entirely subbed.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 1st, '10, 22:03

I will watch this when it comes around because I like Lee Jung Jin. Finally he has made a move and back to a drama at last.
I am glad to see that he has managed to lose some of that weight he put on. He was just so fat and happy in the variety show he was doing. I think it was a show with a male cast who had to do certain challenges. Like playing in a rock group and learning how to sing in a choir etc etc.

He was so effective in '9 Innings two outs' but he then got so fat I could not understand it. He isbig and tall and rather good looking so I want to see him do more with the acting.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 2nd, '10, 06:41

Talk about not giving it a chance , wow.

Anyways , it's not that bad , I was hoping it would be campy , and it is. I rather enjoy light campy dramas in a sea of OMG SERIOUS ones.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 2nd, '10, 17:56

Who is not giving it a chance??
Not me. I am definitely going to watch it because I like at least one of the actors and it sounds like a whodunit chase 'em kind of thing. I agree we need something with more comedy at times and if this is like that I will enjoy it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 2nd, '10, 18:25

Hmm... as I see it, watching another furniture called Daniel Henney is not exactly how I like to spend my evenings. Not for a million... OK, I can reconsider... OK, I can't.
Even the voice of Rain won't do. Nope.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 2nd, '10, 18:45

i plan to give it a try once there are subs... Some fast comedy chase with Rain can't be all that bad...Guess it'll go well with wine :D

And at least that furniture has fine abs...as long as he doesn't need to speak much and does some shirtless running I'm fine with his cast :mrgreen:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 2nd, '10, 19:34

I think what it is , is that people thought this was going to be another version of IRIS...that would have been enough to drive me away tbh. IRIS was a good idea that dragged over way too many episdoes and had un-needed actors...T.O.P honestly?

Anyways , enough of my dislike for IRIS.

I read the synopsis for Plan B awhile ago , and it sounded like it was going to be a parody on pretty much every spy movie comedy action series just from the way it was described. I've watched the first episode and I liked it in that Karei/Unubore/James Bond/Fletch/Lighter type of way.

I have learned that judging a drama by the first few eps is usually a stupid idea , and I have a feeling it will pan out , so far I thought it started off well.
Last edited by Archaenon on Oct 2nd, '10, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 2nd, '10, 19:35

No No it's all for Lee Jung Jin. I like him. I do. and he will be the one with the gun chasing the bad guy.

I had really not noticed old Daniel. He would be better at acting if he would only learn Korean as it should be spoken.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 2nd, '10, 19:37

Peggy wrote:No No it's all for Lee Jung Jin. I like him. I do. and he will be the one with the gun chasing the bad guy.

I had really not noticed old Daniel. He would be better at acting if he would only learn Korean as it should be spoken.
It's a first , but I like almost all of the cast. It was nice to Oh Ji Ho in the first episode as well. I've never been a huge fan of Bi as an actor , more his music , but I do like his cheesy goofy side.

I think they put together a great cast. Daniel does need to learn proper Korean , but it's never really bothered me before.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 3rd, '10, 04:02

You made me realise that it doesn't bother me about Daniel and his Korean way of talking. I don't understand much Korean and certainly I can't speak it either.... I was just thinking for his sake it would help him. :-)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 3rd, '10, 04:14

It will get him more drama roles yes.

Sucks his US drama role pretty much died in the water.

sansi

Post by sansi » Oct 3rd, '10, 06:09

I agree with Archaenon - that you cannot judge a drama after its first episodes. Almost all dramas i have seen had uniteresting beginnings, but after that the action captured me. So... who knows.. Wainting for the subs..

IO CI CREDO

starbuck26

Post by starbuck26 » Oct 3rd, '10, 20:49

First, yes, I'm a Rain fanatic. That being said, I was so looking forward to this drama (even got up at 5am to watch it air). I read the film story line info so I knew what to expect and I was overly shocked and pleased by episode 1! Next morning, I was up again to watch episode 2 - loved it even more. I watched A Love to Kill even before I knew who Rain even was (because I like Lee Ki Woo) and I was impressed by his versatility.

I watch a lot of dramas and really thought the "slap-stick" humor was refreshing! I understand only a handful of Korean words and these actors were so good, I didn't need subtitles to understand the story (I will totally enjoy watching this with subs later - I know I missed some one liners). And comedy parts...I woke my house up laughing so loud that early in the morning. Rain's lip smacking was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I love the cast and seeing that they had so much fun making it really shows in their performances.

So my bias vote is "A+" and this will be a hit. For those who didn't like the beginning and don't want to watch anymore... give it another chance!

chomania1986

Post by chomania1986 » Oct 6th, '10, 19:45

What I learned by watching k-dramas is that the first few episodes are usually the best of a drama (as opposed to US shows). The episodes in the middle are usually the dull ones with no major contribution to the storyline. Having said that, I see no reason in giving it another chance, especially b/c I didn't find any positive aspect in the first episode. I've done it a couple of times where I watched more episodes of a drama, that I found terrible at the beginning. And each time I regretted giving it another chance b/c it only got worse.
Really, this drama is only for hardcore Rain fans. However, it fails as an action drama, a comedy drama or a "drama drama" ^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 7th, '10, 19:12

As far as I can tell from reading various sites, it seems that this is a comedy/farce and I can't wait to see it. I am waiting to enjoy a drama again. I have stayed away from all the war stories which were really so grim and unbearable. Life needs an uplift and I think this drama is going to do that with this cast.

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 18th, '10, 13:18

Just tried to watch first episode and it was truly horrible, haha.
The action scene in the beginning was so bad that i couldnt stop laughing.

oh man...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 18th, '10, 20:34

:-) Romance,

I agree that this is really a farce but it is so funny. I admire Bi for attacking this role and I think he is doing rather well making it a comic character. He is also speaking English much better and he must have practised a lot. Good for him.

In fact I thought that this was becoming a parody of that other drama called 'Man of God;' which was so full of electronic gadgets to solve any dilemma and then the hero was so over the top with serious alarm at anything that happened. That drama took itself very seriously. Now we have this lighthearted 'Fugitive' and it is just as amazing with more elaborate technical things and yet it is silly and funny and I don't really know what the devil is going on at times. Lots of car chases and martial arts fights and that wonderful Japanese actor Takenata Naoka giving it a mysterious touch.

I am going to try and watch all of this drama because it has the appeal and it may well turn out to be a winner.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 14:34

We are watching Full House now and it's really making me want to download Fugitive. I have actually wanted to, for quite a while, but I kept finding other things to watch.

Then today, as I was looking at the cast, I noticed Takenaka Naoto. Well, I HAVE to watch it now. How can I miss Milch? :lol Is the series more action or comedy/romance?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 19th, '10, 23:08

Scream!!! I just wrote a long message and it disappeared.

You would have loved it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 23:13

I'm sure I would have. Damn. XD

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 20th, '10, 00:46

I'm watching it right now. It's mix as always. Background story is really serious. A lot of trauma and blood and politics and money made in not so descent way. On top of this a lot of fighting with and without guns, runaway cars. On the top of that silly/slay detectives (from China, Taiwan and Japan) and Rain who is trying to be funny. Together if you do not take it to seriously nice to watch. I like Bi so I'm biased and his co-detectives are made well especially Japaneese gay. You will suffer through first part (or not - I needed time to used to Rain making idiot from himself).

master.Cuong

Post by master.Cuong » Nov 21st, '10, 06:31

hey guy where can i actually download this series with eng sub ?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 21st, '10, 14:52

subtitles on WITHS2, but RAWs ... I'take it from Aja-Aja but you must be member to have access there.

master.Cuong

Post by master.Cuong » Nov 23rd, '10, 04:22

shiofmedea wrote:subtitles on WITHS2, but RAWs ... I'take it from Aja-Aja but you must be member to have access there.
do u know how to get a membership there ? I tried looking but failed....

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Nov 26th, '10, 10:29

I love Fugitive: Plan B.
Even though I voted for Sang Doo as his best acting part, it's just because I liked his character overall in that one.

It took some episodes for me to really get into Fugitive, but now I'm addicted! I love the funny slap stick parts which losen the otherwise serious storyline.
I love to see Bi enjoying himself. I feel this is a role he really likes to play, and between all the funny and stupid moments, he gives his character enough depth to take him seriously and love him.

luffyhaci

Post by luffyhaci » Nov 26th, '10, 13:02

if you want to download raw drama please take a visit at dramasnack.com..directdownload

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 2nd, '10, 00:23

master.Cuong

Sorry, that it took me so long, rather busy right now :-(

As to answer you, not sure really, donation at some point, I think I saw something like that, but it was some kind of action. Try to ask, maybe. Fact is that updates are regular and quality assured.

Uh, I think it's pool subject, we should move...

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Dec 27th, '10, 20:57

Prior, we'd not seen many K-dramas. While channel surfing, I took a stop and watched this one for a few minutes and noticed it was taking place in Japan. Watched it a bit longer and when Takenaka Naoto came on, I was...hey, :w00t: Then another Good Luck cast member Yoon Son Ha, I have to see more of this.

Up to Ep19 and so far, I've found it enjoyable. Lee Na Young's character is amusing to watch, not often do we see J-dramas where the female is out getting into fights and such. I like her sense of emotion, the crying scenes I thought were good. I've thought Yuko Takeuchi conveyed good emotion yet this gal... :thumleft: :cheers:

The multi-lingual aspects are also enjoyable. In the course of this show, they've sure crashed/damaged a lot of Hyundais. I enjoy the action and the story follows well enough.

:-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 29th, '10, 04:13

I have really enjoyed all of this drama that I have seen so far. I am impressed with the way Rain has taken on this new persona a la James Bond with comedic qualities. He is so good with the physique and martial arts stuff, but adding his comedy streak is really going very well indeed. At the same time I find his obvious affection for the leading lady is well drawn and he does not push it but you can tell he really likes her. This is a good cast having a good time. I love the detective and his assistant who is trying to make him realise he likes her. Indeed I like this whole drama. It does have a westernised feel to it but not enough to make it heavy.

Great love scenes between the detective and his assistant. Jung Jin is funny but very sexy. He knows about kissing for sure.
Last edited by Peggy on Jan 7th, '11, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jan 3rd, '11, 08:44

Though Full House was my favorite production of his, I think he performed the best in Sangdoo. Ah Fugitive was the worst.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 7th, '11, 03:46

Personally, I couldn't tell Rain from Sleet or Hail :-) , so I'm not judging this series based on the stars.
I am absolutely loving it. I love spy caper and detective drama satire/comedies in general. Some have sucked big rocks IMO (Karei Naru Spy) and some haved ruled (Atami no Sousakan). Wrecking copius quantities of cars is bonus (remember Blues Brothers, anyone?). I like that kind of irreverence.
I'm really getting sick of t-h-i-s i-s v-e-ry s-e-r-i-o-u-s actioners.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 8th, '11, 19:14

Peggy wrote:
Jung Jin is funny but very sexy. He knows about kissing for sure.

You've described his character perfectly.
I'll leave the babies in the cradle. Gimmee a grown man like Lee Jung Jin anytime. :D

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 20th, '11, 01:46

Even if judging drama by the star is not way to go, is still nice to have something (someone) good looking to watch :)
Comedy approach was a good choice as it made complication easy to not be seen as over the top. They do not overplayed funy parts too. And after few parts I could stand Rain making fool from himself too :))
I wander why the rantings were so bad?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 20th, '11, 08:51

shiofmedea,
Possibly the ratings weren't good because it was a totally different take on humour. This was a mystery/detectuve story but it was done in a very Western type of 'James Bond style'. The humour was more on the witty side at times even tho there were slightly slapstick scenes now and then. Maybe this does not relate to the Korean audience. Also many fans of Rain would not like him being funny. Personally I thought he played that role very well indeed. In fact he could make a series with the same character a la James Bond and I think he would do very well with it.

What do you think..

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 20th, '11, 08:57

I finally saw some of the ending of this drama and I am so wrecked that they allowed the writers to kill of the little assistant to Jung Jin. Why her?? that was the sweetest romance with some mutual feeling going on and being very well portrayed by the two actors. If it was necessary to kill someone again it would have left a better taste with the woman who caused so much trouble who was presumed dead anyway. She was still making problems from her wheelchair.

Poor detective and poor little assistant. Won't forget that for some time.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 20th, '11, 18:43

I guess they wanted some heart wracking scene and in this case there was no other choice. They put already put asistant in bed from stab wounds earlier and another pathetic scene at the end will be difficult to play (as this English speaking guy needed someone to express his feelings to) if she was kiled. And who cared about "asassinated" lady? She was nice mastermind behind scene too, so "James Bond", even this wheelchair! Pitty there was no cat :lol

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Jun 28th, '11, 08:05

Just finished & found it quite enjoyable. Not a huge fan of Rain - only seen him in the "Cyborg" movie before this - but I have to admire idol actors who aren't afraid to play roles with elements of silliness/oddness.

Opening scene of the first episode, I had to laugh. Bare chested Rain, bikini girls, fist fight, car chase, gun fight, exploding car -- something for everyone, and all in the first five minutes! :lol

I thought the mix of comedy & seriousness worked well, but I can see that it wouldn't suit everyone's taste. And, I absolutely LOVE the fact that Jini can kick some serious @$$ in a fistfight.

The one thing that really bothers me - and this may seem like a petty thing - is that they clearly have NO idea how heavy gold bars really are.

From a site online that sells gold: a gold bar 80 mm x 40 mm x 18 mm weighs one kilogram - in non-metric terms, that's 3.33 inches x 1.67 inches x .75 inches, weighing 2.2 pounds. That is far, far smaller than that gold bars in the show. If the bars in the show were 3" x 7" x 1.5" (which is on the small side, I think), that would be equivalent to eight of the 1 kg bars, which would weigh 17.6 lbs. Next time you're in a store, try picking up a 10 or 20 lb bag of flour or sugar - then remember how they were picking gold bars up with ONE HAND, and lifting cases full of them in & out of cars. (~_~)

Of course I don't expect them to use real gold, and I don't know what they could reasonably use that would be heavy enough, but can't they, you know, ACT like they're heavy?!?