Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 28th, '10, 01:46

Orion.
You make such sense in your posting.
All I can say is that I have not yet seen SG but I am looking forward to it only because I have been reading this thread. Forewarned is forearmed for me and it sounds like a good drama so far.
As for fangirly posting re sex/bed scenes??? What are they expecting.? It is a drama with apparently hot and healthy young-ish people. Love scenes do not always begin and end with holding hands. Even Korean directors are loosening up and censors allowing more life like action.
I can only surmise that the howls of rage and 'rape' and 'OMG they shouldn't allow that,' are coming from immature fan girls who have never had any sexual experience in their lives. Heaven help them if and when they do. If this drama upsets them ....they won't have any fun at all.
I shall say no more.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 28th, '10, 02:03

And this isn't even anything sexual. He wraps himself around her and just cuddles. The man just sits there and holds her and strokes her head.
If anything, he is very respectful towards her since he starts singing his mantra to calm himself down when he does start to get "that feeling".

Any guy would give into his hormones and it would be natural. But because he knew he was overstepping his boundaries, he made sure to stop.
I DARE the people who call this in any way offending to women to find ONE real man who would resist a natural urge as much as he did for the lady.

Real life can be much more unfair and sometimes uglier than any fictional work shows. A whole lot.
To say a cuddle is bad is offending to all, including people who have had REAL such bad experiences.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Dec 28th, '10, 02:17

I'm surprised I didn't get mauled at Dramabeans, I commented hours ago there, but I stated the whole fervor over the bed scene was ridiculous and honestly RAPE! was the last thing on my mind given the characters personality , it makes complete sense.

The Over-reaction was simply amazing.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 28th, '10, 02:42

I've been mauled there enough for saying Jang Keun Suk and Lee Sung Ki aren't Gods on Earth so I don't comment anymore.
But yes, this was quite a surprise to see such a thing become so big. Something which is such standard kdrama plot norm.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 28th, '10, 08:43

Enjoy episode 13 with ENG softsubs!

Man, seriously, I've never seen such an overreaction for such a simple act ... :-)

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 28th, '10, 20:17

Finished epi 13 a few hours back and I liked it. It really moved the Drama despite some revolving plot mechanics.

There were some really good moments, and I start finally to notice the changes in Joo Won that some hardcore Binnie lover here were preaching weeks back.

Sorry I just noticed ;).

There is a creeping feeling that his Mental problem is yet to be used against him.
The things I liked the most were both conformations with evil Mom. (Cuz it proves that Mom knows best...even evil ones...)

The one with Ra-Im and later Joo Won. She pushed some really big buttons and it set something more in motion than the body-switch! (Which; I'm surprised; got mentioned between Ra-Im and Joo Won in this epi. I was sure this never happened, the way none spoke of something this magnificent)

With Joo Won and Mom; It really makes sense from her point of view. Even to me!
What Joo Won represents and what he was bred to do!

I had some soft spot for Osca this episode, and I start to see Seul in her own murky light emerging.
Kim Sa-Rang is creeping up on me. I start to feel attracted to her/her character. LOL. Poor sod! Me!
She has that thing in her eyes that is like gravity!

But the Shining star this epi was Ra-Im aka Ha Ji Won. Her breakdown scene in her Apartment was wonderful. Some really moving lines and acting.
I was happy Osca was there to mellow the whole thing up a bit. Even if the script delayed his intervention on purpose.

And her grand entrance at the VVIP party; all dolled up and classy looking had the desired effect. It made me gawk. Had no idea that woman can look so good! I need her like this in HD Wallpaper or I will not sleep happy.

Ok, now to the hot debated 'Bed Scene' that is setting all the Secret Garden forums on fire!
I personally didn't see anything offending or that spelled rape. I watched the scene 4 times already and still found it amusing.
I remember pullin' a stunt like that myself once.
Maybe dramabeans POV is colored by an experience that was't that harmless like Joo Won's maneuver.

The only thing that bugs me about this, is that she let it color her review and the way she feels the character of Joo Won is beyond redemption. She was such a pro all this time!

Any wait for epi14 subs...'sigh# Wish I knew Korean.

sorry for the rant...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 28th, '10, 21:23

What to say...I loved ep 13&14. They're both subbed on viikii so I guess we won't have to wait long for softsubs.

I agree with Ori and the rest and assault or even rape didn't cross my mind. I found the scene just very, very warm and cute. Which woman wouldn't want a man act like this in front of her? Well I certainly wouldn't have wanted him to chant his 'kim soo han mo' and force himself to hold back . . . :mrgreen:
But as some already said, it showed respect and love for the girl and made this scene very memorable =)

I would think most women experience some violence by men at some point in their lives, but I think we still need to differenciate and not to let fear and anger take control. It's a shame when memories spoil whatever we experience in the present and especially if its a rather harmless scene in a fictional work like this. Hope the recapper at DB can get over it and keep enjoying this lovely gem of a series!

I loved the pace in these two episodes but honestly, I didn't want them to switch again. I can see why it's done and how it might help to move the plot forward a little but...I loved their interaction and gradual change in these past episodes and I'd wish for their relationship to further develop naturally and awkwardly...Hope they keep it short and have them return to their bodies quickly!

The Mom is a bit annoying cause she seems naive despite all her evil subterfuges ;) and I don't really like her acting much BUT. I agree, I can understand her from her point of view and it's good that she puts their love to the test. I even liked her reasoning when she told JW to give up everything if he really wants to be with RI.

As for YS. I came to like her during the past episodes and I can really feel with her. She also changed a lot. She even acted out of her way to get rid of RI's rival and when she brought that cake for Oska, I wanted to give her a hug. Expecting her and Oska's story to get some more focus soon, since the latter realized that she overheard back then and since his rival came back and issued that strange apology in the article...
Oh, and I do think the actress has much appeal. She too looked gorgeous in this episode, just a little overshadowed by Ha Jiwon imo :P

Somehow the musician kid felt out of place in the last ep and I really wish the songwriter's blackmailing incident just served to make Oska realize what an egoistic jerk he's been and not to create another sideline about her and the kid...

BTW, will SG be aired on New Years?

krnkiller

Post by krnkiller » Dec 29th, '10, 03:04

Orion1986 wrote:And this isn't even anything sexual. He wraps himself around her and just cuddles. The man just sits there and holds her and strokes her head.
If anything, he is very respectful towards her since he starts singing his mantra to calm himself down when he does start to get "that feeling".

Any guy would give into his hormones and it would be natural. But because he knew he was overstepping his boundaries, he made sure to stop.
I DARE the people who call this in any way offending to women to find ONE real man who would resist a natural urge as much as he did for the lady.

Real life can be much more unfair and sometimes uglier than any fictional work shows. A whole lot.
To say a cuddle is bad is offending to all, including people who have had REAL such bad experiences.

This is probably the best post I've seen about SG! Honestly, it might seem draggy and slow to unseasoned drama watchers, but there is so much realistic development in the relationship that a lot of people are probably missin' out on because they expect the dramas to be fast-paced and unrealistic like most of the dramas out nowadays. But c'mon, let's face it, most relationships aren't cut and dry, emotional development's not fast-paced either. And the two have gotten a lot closer, walls have come down, and they're getting ready to become part of the other's family... the veterans, the real veterans know when a good drama's shown up on the scene. :-P

And who has the right to say that the foreplay was sexual? Have these people seen how overly sexual and rough some Korean movies can get? They need to see Old Boy. A little platonic tug-of-war (reminder: no kiss in this scene) is so much more realistic than some dramas out there with their forced kisses and drunken debauchery.

The acting is spectacular, Hyun Bin's really improved since his faceoff with Samsoon and there's no one better for this role than Miss Ha Ji Won. They've met their matches and it shows in the awesome chemistry between the two. Did I mention how much I love this drama? There hasn't been anything like it for sooooo long.

Let's enjoy the series while it lasts!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 29th, '10, 07:12

Viki released episode 14 softsubs :cheers:

Have fun watching and a nice day to everyone XD

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 29th, '10, 13:33

Just finished epi 14 loved it.

The drama felt more complete now that some Dynamic entered the field. And not too soon!

Osca did stand out this epi. Just when I thought the Swich was forgotten they proved me wrong!

This epi had enough momentum and I would love to see it carried over to 15.

Cheers!

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 29th, '10, 14:50

Just finished watching Episodes 13 and 14 and i have to say i totally totally enjoyed these 2 episodes. However wondering where they are going with the switch again (although it is fun to watch).

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 29th, '10, 14:52

I tried not to get spoiled before watching ep 13 and 14 but couldn't help seeing some gasping about "bed scene". I can't really belive someone took that as rape... No matter how much personal problems one might have had. I don't think the problem was the secene as I didn't see anything suspicious about it. And besides cat and mouse play is an ancient game that lovers do, why make it such a fuss here. It's not same as rape. Personally I thought that scene was cute (and hot) because they both clearly wanted it. It had same tension like in the changing room and the sit-up scenes. I guess it's about different culture or people's bad skill to read other people's feelings and just relying on their own believes. Like some people calling people racists without knowing or without wanting to know what is going on.

Anyway, I'm relieved that we finally got progress. I hope Oska & Seul problem will be solved soon, in a way or an other. And finally Joo Won and Ra Im get over their pride.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 29th, '10, 15:26

What's the song that Osca plays on the piano while Ra_Im and Joo Won snog???

The song is so frakking familiar, but I cannot recall!
I know I know it...somewhere in my head...

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 29th, '10, 15:38

Myxale wrote:What's the song that Osca plays on the piano while Ra_Im and Joo Won snog???

The song is so frakking familiar, but I cannot recall!
I know I know it...somewhere in my head...
you mean the song "She" by Elvis Costello from Notting Hill movie OST? :P

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 29th, '10, 15:53

Yay, way to save my day (or what's left of it) from searching the canyon that is my mind...

Kudos and a big fat kissy to you! :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 29th, '10, 15:56

Myxale wrote:Yay, way to save my day (or what's left of it) from searching the canyon that is my mind...

Kudos and a big fat kissy to you! :cheers:
:P Your most welcome.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 29th, '10, 19:04

Orion1986 wrote:I

Although I would have left out a couple of things, like Joo Won eyeing a girl and wanting to go into the women's changing room so badly (out of character), I still liked how they did it.
Then again, a guy having basically a free pass to look at naked women without being thrown out or called a pervert can't be blamed for liking that, even if he hadn't shown it till then.
yea thats a good one ... who ever came up with that one was smart :P he played it off well too

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 29th, '10, 19:05

episode eight the ending for me was the best so far :w00t:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 29th, '10, 22:34

I seriously want those snowman s (all sizes, different colours) that are there on xmas scenes every where. they are SOOOO cute and i have a weak heart for all things (and people) cute and cuddly. :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 30th, '10, 20:15

Issy wrote:I seriously want those snowman s (all sizes, different colours) that are there on xmas scenes every where. they are SOOOO cute and i have a weak heart for all things (and people) cute and cuddly. :wub:
yea they are so cute :w00t: :thumright: :thumleft:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Dec 30th, '10, 23:34

hi everyone.... I just realize the existance of this thread :blink :blink how can I just realize it
:hissy:

done with epi 14.....somehow I love their attraction just before they get together,,,,before Ra Im answer Joo Won's feeling :doh: maybe it's just me :pale:

to be honest,,I don't watch much of kdrama,,,,but SG is really really really a great drama....each episode keeps my heart beating :heart: and screaming :w000t:

how will it ends.....I hope it will be the best one :salut:

I LOOOOOOVE this drama

:cheers: :cheers:

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 31st, '10, 03:17

I just finished Ep. 13 and 14
Bed scene? Was awesome. Now I don't want to go all pity me pity me or something in telling this story, I'm just sharing a bit so that people will know that I have a right to say the following. I kind of know how being forced to lie down and be almost 'raped' and I know what it feels like. Now thank heavens that I was strong enough to kick his ass (not his ass was kicked) and was able to run away. I didn't know the guy and for a while I was too afraid to travel out at night, and even now I can't do it alone. ANYWAY, what I'm saying is that what happened between Ra Im and Joo Won is far, so very far from what rape is like. That's just sweet and hot and sweet. She obviously liked it, and I'm pretty sure Joo Won can see that too. Hell, it's not even a proper forcing scene, don't insult my experience. You know what was closer to the rape scene? The kiss at his house. That's a scene that's forced. But this one, this one was a really good example of Joo Won not letting her pride get in the way anymore.

ANYWAY.

Episode 13 and 14 witnesses some of the most awesome scenes in this drama ever. I love how Ra Im finally finally admitted to Joo Won that she's not going to accept a little mermaid ending, and I love how he has decided that his marriage business decision is worth nothing compared to Ra Im. Aaaah, how awesome.

As for Oska, I still love the man. He's appearing more and more endearing with each episode, especially when he dressed Ra Im up to make Joo Won happy. Also I applaud Seul this time around. She definitely is redeeming herself in this last two episodes. I can only hope that things continue in the right and proper way. Which means no more hate and backstabbing moments for Seul and Oska.

And the ending of ep. 14: BEST CLIFF HANGER EVER. I hope Director and Oska find out the truth about the two and in that way would totally help those two with their now switched bodies. I hope they don't get out of the situation without having to admit that they switched bodies though because that would be a disappointment for me.
I love SG :)

kyaaa!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 31st, '10, 07:46

Some hugs for my Jana and if I ever find that bastard, I'd have Johannes Krauser teach me his 10 rapes/minute technique to apply on him.

Let's go to the episode and happier things then, shall we? :heart:

I'm really also loving Oska more and more. Such a beautiful person. The minute he realized he made a mistake, he doesn't go hide. He tells her and he says he'll fix it. THAT'S a man!
Also, that means Oska hadn't done anything else during their relationship to be accused of. If he remembered this event and was sure that was it, it means he didn't do anything else.
It also means he had a good and more complex reason to say it. If it were true, he wouldn't have it registered as an "oops" moment in his memory. I can't wait to find out why he said it!

And yes, I love Seul now. Actually, I could never bring myself to dislike her from the beginning. She's not your typical kdrama b*tch that's annoying 24/7 and mean to the bone.
You can tell she's just planning as she goes and doesn't really know what she's doing and why herself. She's very sensitive as a person. Those people go "bad" more easily.
When you're not equipped to cope with things in your life, you make everyone and everything your enemy. It's a form of self-preservation and defense. That's what happened.

A real bad woman would have tried to eliminate Gil Ra Im from the picture. Especially when she's near Oska so much. She also would have involved her own family more.
Meaning, when she went to Joo Won's house and all. If she really meant it and didn't care about ruining their lives, she would have gotten her mother and father involved.

She didn't do any of that. She made sure that nothing she did was irreversible. She never really tried to cause problems for people. Just to make Oska feel jealous and bad.
And she understood Ra Im and wanted to help her despite their conflicts in interest and also the past event with the LOEL mall. A bad person does not willingly lose face like that.
Seul might be richer than Ra Im, but she is also, in character, very much a working class woman. She shuns rich people who brag about the fact that they got lucky and you can tell.
So she's closer to Ra Im as a person than to someone like Joo Won who is largely defined by his family and his wealth. With Oska, they are sort of in the middle of both worlds.

Now, the ending rocked. I can't wait to see the reactions of Oska and kamdongnim now that they will know what's up. Lots of moments to freak about during the previous switch.
It's a big relief these two guys know now though. Because they both love and understand Ra Im and Joo Won the most. They are better equipped to help them with this mess.

Also, did anyone else notice the big hysteria composition of scenes? We start off with Oska's manager, then Joo Won's mom is freaking out and then we get Secretary Kim.
I just found that hilarious. Non-stop hysteria for these 3 scenes. And how CUTE is the Secretary!?!? Like a 5-year-old kid! You big meanie President! Ahaha. That killed me.
I also laughed, like mad, with kamdongnim's honest response of "Let's get him and beat him up". That just caught me by surprise and I loved it! We laughed for a whole minute.
He's always so serious and composed. He shows his feelings, but rarely goes over the top with them. This response was pure desire. Ahaha. He couldn't take it anymore!

We're closing in on the end and I'm getting curious over so many things. Mainly the supernatural ones. What will be the thing her dad tried to save her from? Will it happen?
And is her dad and the force that made the flowers bloom and all the same individual? Cause I still don't feel those two were of the same style. It feels like a different force.
If it is a different force, will we know what or who it is? Will we even know why and how her dad did all this or will all things supernatural be left too open without cause?
I'm just really thirsty for answers on those things. Although some mystery is good, I at least want answers concerning our main couple and the things that happened to them.
I really wish the last episodes will be a non-stop mayhem. Of course, I'd want some calm-time at the end for things to go back to normal and... well... maybe some sex. :roll
Come on. We all want it. We know we do. And please, no pairing everyone up. JW/RI and Seul/Oska will do. It's silly to get everyone a mate by the end of the series. Really is.

Also, and I think we are all of the same opinion by now, NO DEATHS! Tragic ending should, by now, be a total no no. I haven't even thought about that and wish to keep it that way.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 31st, '10, 09:31

Thanks Ate. I got over it after a while because it didn't harm me permanently, and I think the guy wouldn't have actually done it if he actually saw what I looked like. It was too dark for him to see. I didn't even see what the guy looked like.
Ahem, yes no deaths. PLEASE no deaths. This is the first 'melodrama' drama that I gave a chance to and I don't think I'd survive if it actually WAS a drama.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 31st, '10, 13:13

Guys don't even mention the word death here. Good endings for this show please please please. I am anxiously waiting for the next episode.

Happy New Year to all K-Drama lovers.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '10, 13:36

I read that it would a happy ending. as quoted from the writer twitter. not so sure how much truth in there though. and also read that the writer's husband is big fan of JW and he jokingly twitted that he would be divorcing her if she decided to write him a tragic or unhappy ending.
SG has to end with a happy ending. and I don't want just hints. i want a proper one. with all its trimmings.
and as for Seul, I am not hating her anymore too. she has redeemed herself and i kind of liked her. as Ori-chan said, she was not that typical evil character that wants to harm the first lead all the time. she was horrible when it came to her own problems. I just felt bad for JW for what kind of women he has to go for in their eyes society. I thought the second woman was decent.

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Dec 31st, '10, 15:25

Hi Issy, yes, yes no hints just a happy ending.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 31st, '10, 15:50

It gets too cheezy imho. But I like it anyways.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '10, 16:38

Neliets wrote:It gets too cheezy imho. But I like it anyways.
This is one drama that I don't mind a bit of cheese. :P and I think the characters would love it too.

Edit: latest news from SBS awards:

Secret Garden - Popular Drama
Ha Ji Won - Popular Actress
Hyun Bin - Popular Actor

and not to forget Popular Couple : our JW/RI
:clap: :clap: :clap:

if results were anything but this, i would have started my conspiracy theory. :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 1st, '11, 08:04

Yep. It's the kind of series that you can't help but love, cheesiness included. I think that a show has to, above all, respect its viewers and their intelligence. SG does that.
So, you can let any minor issues slide because you feel like they are trying their best to give you something good, not give you crap and call it sugar. Like many kdramas do.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 1st, '11, 16:46

OH MY GOD, what a cliffhanger for ep15. i would have gone insane for sure if this was a Sunday ep and we had to wait a week to see
poor poor JW is stock in the elevator and they swapped souls. those final scenes when JW having a cluster phobia attack it so emotional and strong.

on other note, now both Oska and the director have made sure that they are not as they look like. the scene when Oska found out that it was RI with him in sauna and not JW was just hilarious. felt bad for the director though. because he
now knows that it was not RI who rejected his love and still can't do anything about it.

I really can't wait for tomorrow's ep.
:goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 1st, '11, 18:42

Issy wrote:
This is one drama that I don't mind a bit of cheese. :P and I think the characters would love it too.

Edit: latest news from SBS awards:

Secret Garden - Popular Drama
Ha Ji Won - Popular Actress
Hyun Bin - Popular Actor

and not to forget Popular Couple : our JW/RI
:clap: :clap: :clap:

if results were anything but this, i would have started my conspiracy theory. :P
sweet :D good for them :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:27

I watched ep16 live ( :mrgreen: I can't believe myself too. now i am watching kdramas live?)
anyway,
it ended up with another cliffhanger again.
as everyone guessed, RI's father death is to due with accident that happened 13 years ago when JW was 21. my big shock came from the fact that JW mom and RI dad knew each other maybe before the accident. that's why JW said that he looks familiar when saw his picture for the first time on RI's locker door. I don't get why she still wants RI out of her son's life. maybe because she is afraid that RI will blame him for her father's death? also, maybe they were more than just friends. in that case, the mom perfectly knows how impossible for JW and RI love to survive when they come totally from different back ground. maybe she is talking from past experiences? but still, i can't forgive her arrogance evilness before knowing who RI is.
I need to see this ep again on a bigger screen

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '11, 17:53

I'll comment more later, but these two were real intense ones. Also, did you notice Secretary Kim's full name? Kim Seung Oh. Lol. The actor's name! :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '11, 23:42

Secret Garden OST Part 4

I know, I'm slacking lately, I need time...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 4th, '11, 00:05

Issy wrote:I watched ep16 live ( :mrgreen: I can't believe myself too. now i am watching kdramas live?)
anyway,

I need to see this ep again on a bigger screen
OMG it was that good :O :O :O :O :O Can't wait to see it :wub: :mrgreen: :lol :lol :lol :D :D :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 4th, '11, 00:30

done with epi 16 but no sub *sigh*
:x I have a bad feeling for the next episode,,,RI will agree with JWm that she will separate with JW...but I hope it's not gonna happen,,, :cry:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 5th, '11, 01:03

ocha.antik wrote:done with epi 16 but no sub *sigh*
:x I have a bad feeling for the next episode,,,RI will agree with JWm that she will separate with JW...but I hope it's not gonna happen,,, :cry:
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale: ninononononnnonononononno :goggle:

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Jan 5th, '11, 13:11

Ethlenn wrote:Secret Garden OST Part 4

Thanks for this OST, i'm loving this series and the songs. Waiting in anticipation for the subs as well from Viiki.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 5th, '11, 13:27

Well, there are more news, but I personally don't trust a thing till I see it for myself. I know some people will be mighty bugged if they do what it seems they will do though.

Let's just hope we get a happy ending. And by that I mean a "chance to grow old and happy together" happy ending. That's what I consider a happy ending.
What's up with the osts? The last one will feature Hyun Bin's song, but where is "Here I am" by Sang Hyun? I hope the last one has it. I'd love to hear it full.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 5th, '11, 13:52

Orion1986 wrote:Well, there are more news, but I personally don't trust a thing till I see it for myself. I know some people will be mighty bugged if they do what it seems they will do though.

Let's just hope we get a happy ending. And by that I mean a "chance to grow old and happy together" happy ending. That's what I consider a happy ending.
What's up with the osts? The last one will feature Hyun Bin's song, but where is "Here I am" by Sang Hyun? I hope the last one has it. I'd love to hear it full.
Yep, I read those news and made feel depressed. i hope they are just some rumours.
is it only me who other people think that last week's ep was not as good and consistent like previous ones? specially ep16 that in some scene i was even bored.
refereing to scenes where JW doing whatever he can to get a second audition for RI and the whole process. i thought it was a bit too long.
one silly notes :mrgreen: , RI suppose to be poor but how come we see her with different winter coat and different bag (of the expensive type) in every scene for some eps now?
one more think, more evidence to prove that Oska is genuinely nice and caring person. :wub:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 5th, '11, 14:27

Issy wrote:Yep, I read those news and made feel depressed. i hope they are just some rumours.
is it only me who other people think that last week's ep was not as good and consistent like previous ones? specially ep16 that in some scene i was even bored.
refereing to scenes where JW doing whatever he can to get a second audition for RI and the whole process. i thought it was a bit too long.
one silly notes :mrgreen: , RI suppose to be poor but how come we see her with different winter coat and different bag (of the expensive type) in every scene for some eps now?
one more think, more evidence to prove that Oska is genuinely nice and caring person. :wub:
hi Issy.....you're not the only one who think of that epi 16 is a little bit boring....I also was not too excited as some previous episodes....to be honest,,,after they kissed on epi 14,,I became as not excited as before :unsure:

but I do really hope that this will have a very happy ending...... :cry: :cry:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 5th, '11, 14:39

Ethlenn wrote:Secret Garden OST Part 4

I forgot to thank for this....

thank you Ethlenn :cheers: :cheers:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 5th, '11, 17:57

:glare: this is no good :cry: ...Lets Hope it does picks back up and it gets a happy Ending :sweat: :pray:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 5th, '11, 18:11

Well, the writer did say it will be happy, but you don't know each person's definition of "happy". For some, happy might be "We both get killed in a plane crash but at least had 2-3 days as a couple". XD
Ok, that person would be in need of treatment in a mental institution if they consider that in any way happy, but still. I'm sure it will be a happy ending, happy as we see it, but there will be angst before.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 5th, '11, 18:23

Haha Orion, then you should get me a place in such a mental ward...there are a lot of series where I prefer a romantic death to a unbelievable and constructed happy ending :P

But I'm not sure what I wish for SG. This series lost already a lot of steam imo. I didn't even bother to watch the last 2 eps raw. I'm more afraid of a too cheesy turn of the story line than of a semi-happy end. *hides*
Well, at least we don't know for sure of a terminal illness or anything the like yet, or do we?? So maybe they'll manage to give us some well thought out, believable fluff happiness...

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 5th, '11, 19:57

Does anybody know why the Subs are taking this long?? Usually they are faster...

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 6th, '11, 05:48

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YYEMI8GC

Subs for ep. 15 are out. YAY :)

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 6th, '11, 09:40

Merci....

About time, had epi 15 and 16 collecting dust on my HDD for days...

Cheers!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 6th, '11, 10:48

Thanks. We were going nuts soon. XD

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 6th, '11, 11:19

thank youuuuuu..... ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '11, 11:31

Hmm... is it me or drama, so I have still 3 episodes left and none of them seen RAW? Hmm... I'm like Ara here, the drama lost something on the road, I can't figure what. But I feel suddenly all characters so distant. Weird.
Anywho, you know about the real concert in Ep 19 that will be recorded and shown in the last Episode? January 15th the concert, and although the tickets are expensive (around 90$) they are gone already.

And don't click if you don't want to... eh well, you will click anyway...
Some parts of SBS drama "Secret Garden" has been exposed and both production crew and netizens can't hide their disappointment.

The storyline that the main actress Gil La-im (Ha Ji-won) falls into a coma after a car accident was spilled out through an internet access on the 5th. The production crew have done everything to prevent the spill out of the drama's contents but it's already been done.

The production team expressed on the phone call with Star News, "As much as it interferes with concentrating on the drama, we hope the spoiler is ignored as much a possible". Actually, they have been having a hard time on pre-spill outs.

Last year there was an incident where a script was pre-exposed. The production team made a full defensive preparation, closing down internet cafes and only passing on the scripts personally and such. Even at the location, most actors and actresses as well as staff are waiting long time to get the next script.

The spoiler is also affecting producing the drama.

Netizens who've seen the spoiler show disappointment. They post complaints on the "Secret Garden" homepage, "We don't want to know the ending", "The spoiler, is it the best?".
(hancinema)
And the other:
SBS weekend drama "Secret Garden" (Script Kim Eun-sook/ Director Sin Woo-cheol) is heading towards its last but not before it reveals its shocking twist.

In the seventeenth episode on the 8th, Gil La-im (Ha Ji-won) falls unconscious while filming the Hollywood movie "Dark Blood".

Ahead of the story, Kim Joo-won brings over the "Dark Blood" director on his private jet to show him her stunt shooting scene just to full-fill her wish, "It's my wish to stand in an audition hall". This audition turned out good for her.

Someone involved in "Secret Garden" tells News N on the phone, "In the 17th episode, a drunk driver drives into the set and causes Gil La-im to be taken to the emergency room, but she falls into a coma. The doctor says she might never wake up again".

Kim Joo-won (Hyeon Bin) and Lim Jong-soo (Lee Philip) turn to each other for responsibilities. Stunt director Lim Jong-soo, who has had a thing for Gil La-im starts showing his true feelings to her and tells Joo-won this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't brought the Hollywood director.

In the last episode, the truth about Joo-won being the person her father died saving was revealed. It is in everyone's attention what will happen to the two lovers now that yet another hardship has come.

Meanwhile, the drunk accident reminds us of the similar accident that happened in October on the "Daemul - Big Thing" shooting location. A drunk driver ran into the set and a person in props got fractured. Ko Hyeon-jeong, who was close by remained safe.
(hancinema)

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 6th, '11, 12:55

The softsubs are out ... for both episode (15 & 16)! Check the 1 post of the non-HD releases Enjoy!

You may have to use the save as function from you browser ... in order to save those from darksmurfsub ... and to register. If this is too much ... I can provide them on box too (like the alternative link for those from viki).

Take care!

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Jan 6th, '11, 13:18

Please give to as the link for ep.16 of megaupload srt.I Can't find it.I mean subs from viikii team.Thanx

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 6th, '11, 13:31

Finished epi15 and liked it, finally some drama in a Drama, now that I said it out loud, it's gonna be drama till you bleed!

lol!

But on a different note, I was right to assume they would wait with the 'real drama' till only a couple epis remained. I hope they will fill the holes and give the chars some closure or at least some momentum.

It still feels like something is slightly off. Timing and script-wise.

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 6th, '11, 13:33

adigoni wrote:Please give to as the link for ep.16 of megaupload srt.I Can't find it.I mean subs from viikii team.Thanx
The team from Viki released episode 15. Episode 16 is from darksmurfsub. I will provide a download link ... but, since it needs registration (free) ... I will do it after I will get the approval.

Bare it for a few more hours. :cheers:

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Jan 6th, '11, 13:39

ooooooooooooooooh chingu!!!!! Thanx for the fast response!!!!Thanx for your support!!!!!

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Jan 6th, '11, 14:49

Ok, it's done!

We've got another source for the ENG softsubs. Take care! Editing the 1 post for the last 2 episodes (15 and 16) => adding direct download links for those files from darksmurfsub.

Take care! :cheers: :salut:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 6th, '11, 15:12

Thank you s3xs1 (and darksmurfsub). :-) Ep 15 was left in such cliffhanger...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 6th, '11, 17:15

About ep 16:
Issy wrote:
as everyone guessed, RI's father death is to due with accident that happened 13 years ago when JW was 21. my big shock came from the fact that JW mom and RI dad knew each other maybe before the accident. that's why JW said that he looks familiar when saw his picture for the first time on RI's locker door. I don't get why she still wants RI out of her son's life. maybe because she is afraid that RI will blame him for her father's death? also, maybe they were more than just friends. in that case, the mom perfectly knows how impossible for JW and RI love to survive when they come totally from different back ground. maybe she is talking from past experiences? but still, i can't forgive her arrogance evilness before knowing who RI is.
Oh I must have missed the Ra Im's father's picture part, I have to check that again. If it's true, what a clever plot they have done... or how stupid I have been!

I also agree on the Joo Won's mother part, how could she still ask her to stay away from her son after what her father did to save Joo Won's life??

It also crossed my mind if there's something else why Joo Won's mother doesn't want them to be together, after knowing who's Ra Im's father. I was wondering why Joo Won's mother was divorced and why there isn't Ra Im's mother around. I just hope Joo Won's mother and Ra Im's father didn't have had realtionship... I just hate that kind of twist in stories. >.<

Also, I have not changed my opinion on Seul. Oh god why she still has to keep dragging that case, give up already! I actually wonder why we still have to hear about them, they're not the leading pair anyway... It seems to me that they steal too much attention, maybe not as show time but as annoying and dragging side story. :roll
Last edited by Viande on Jan 6th, '11, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 6th, '11, 17:23

I am NOT liking all the tears in SG ep 17 preview :-(
I really want a cleverly written story lines for last 4 eps.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 6th, '11, 17:34

Hmm seems like we're getting that melo part after all. Still, I have enjoyed the story so far so I'm not that worried... I think. :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 6th, '11, 17:43

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 6th, '11, 20:46

Thanx for the linkie!!

Had a listen, and its really nice. He's no singer, but pulls it off better than most singer do!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 6th, '11, 23:13

Viande wrote:Hmm seems like we're getting that melo part after all. Still, I have enjoyed the story so far so I'm not that worried... I think. :unsure:
Same here ...
Oh the tears are coming :cry: lets see how they will make it out to be :unsure:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 6th, '11, 23:26

Issy wrote:I am NOT liking all the tears in SG ep 17 preview :-(
yea .. no weird ending :unsure: *cross fingers*

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 7th, '11, 10:47

thank you :-) :-)

is this Hyun Bin's voice..... :wub: :wub: I'm imagining Joo Won's face while listening to his voice :wub:

just want to share,,,viki already release sub for epi 16:

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MONNBGOQ
credit : cocobeans@viki

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jan 7th, '11, 10:56

Actually, when I think about the voiceover's from raim's father this is the way I thought it was going to go.

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 7th, '11, 11:13

I think I have to prepare myself for the saddest thing :cry: :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 13:36

Sad ending for Ha Ji-won and Hyeon Bin's love?

The preview episode 17 has been released on the "Secret Garden" homepage.

After finding out the truth about Hyeon Bin's accident that killed her father, Gil La-im (Ha Hi-won) cries out to her father repeatedly that she's sorry she's in love with him.

However, Kim Joo-won, who has no clue about her tears, calls her and she picks up still crying. Eventually, she runs out and runs into Yoon Seul (Kim Sa-rang).

It looks like Hyeon Bin will also feel Gil La-im's pain. He falls into shock as he is going through old newspapers and comes across an article about Gil La-im's father who passed away on the job.

Then he takes out the Mermaid Princess book from the shelves and cries in sorrow. As the words "The Mermaid Princess disappears in bubbles" closes up on the screen, viewers worry that their love might disappear like that.

In the previous episode on the 2nd, Gil La-im finds out her father died in Joo-won's accident. With 4 more episodes to go, curiosity is drawn on what will finally happen to their love. (hancinema)
:whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 7th, '11, 14:18

Ethlenn wrote:

After finding out the truth about Hyeon Bin's accident that killed her father, Gil La-im (Ha Hi-won) cries out to her father repeatedly that she's sorry she's in love with him.

However, Kim Joo-won, who has no clue about her tears, calls her and she picks up still crying. Eventually, she runs out and runs into Yoon Seul (Kim Sa-rang).

It looks like Hyeon Bin will also feel Gil La-im's pain. He falls into shock as he is going through old newspapers and comes across an article about Gil La-im's father who passed away on the job.

Then he takes out the Mermaid Princess book from the shelves and cries in sorrow. As the words "The Mermaid Princess disappears in bubbles" closes up on the screen, viewers worry that their love might disappear like that.

In the previous episode on the 2nd, Gil La-im finds out her father died in Joo-won's accident. With 4 more episodes to go, curiosity is drawn on what will finally happen to their love. (hancinema)
I can't tell if i am angry or sad but I am definitely frustrated. :crazy:
only 4 more ep left. Just wondering how they going to rap everything up and make us not regret watching it. :whistling:

aility

Post by aility » Jan 7th, '11, 14:29

Heh, for a moment I thought I read "rape everything up"... ****... Good thing it is weekend now :mrgreen:

janajee

Post by janajee » Jan 7th, '11, 14:39

I haven't watched 15 and 16 yet... because my brother is making me not watch it. He wants to watch me. And we only meet each other in the weekend.

I'm a little concerned at all the spoilers I'm reading... and I am a little scared. But, I've invested too much time to run away from it now. I hate melodrama, haaaaay, I can't believe I let myself be sucked into this, but I just love Secret Garden. Now the melodrama aspect is shining itself at me like neon signs.

Oh noooees.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 7th, '11, 18:04

Issy wrote:
Just wondering how they going to rap everything up and make us not regret watching it. :whistling:
Oh no Don't say that :-( we want a good ending ... where we can say it was worth woatching :pale:

ocha.antik

Post by ocha.antik » Jan 8th, '11, 00:31

Ethlenn wrote:

ooooohhh nooooo.....I'm so worried :pale: :pale:
think I'm gona cry a lot watching for the rest episode.... :cry: :cry:
the melodrama parts are about to begin :cry:
poor Joo Won,,,poor Ra Im :-(