Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 11:56

Oh well, hairstyle... are you trying to pick up a fight with me, love? As the whole world knows, I'm the die-hard fan of any type of curls, locks, ringlets, pins, bows, ribbons, gel... I forgot something? JW hair is so boring... :mrgreen: forgot about sarcasm tags.

Two behind the scenes videos:
http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/ ... NzUy/v.swf
http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/ ... Mjgw/v.swf

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 12:03

My mom will build you a shrine for these. She's been dying for outtakes. :D Thanks!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 12:07

You know I'm a sucker for those, so since I'm back, I've been sniffing around^^
Ahaha!!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 12:08

By all means. Sniff, sniff. :roll

Ahaha! The making of is priceless! Especially the one with the switch scenes!
Oh man, this is gonna be hilarious! I just can't wait! Saturday! Come on already!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 14:22

Just survive the day tomorrow and... SGaturday!

Anyone has problems with visiting SBS official website? It keeps telling me the site is harmful for my pc and I can't access it.

And to just add:
2010-11-13 01 16.1 (2nd) 16.5 (2nd)
2010-11-14 02 15.0 (5th) 15.6 (4th)
2010-11-20 03 17.9 (2nd) 18.9 (1st)
2010-11-21 04 20.0 (3rd) 20.8 (3rd)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 25th, '10, 17:19

my gaaaaaaaaaaaddd!!! Ethleen I <3 You for that body switch link!!!!
I WAS LAUGHING MY ASS OUT THE WHOLE TIME!!!

sorry for the caps but yes... it was still hilarious without the subs. hahahaha.. i'll survive this weekend. I'm sure i will. but that video... I AM SO rooting for this drama. i have something to cancel my Cinderella's Sister angst. whoooOoo.... JW and RI body switch is epic. EPIC! can't wait to see this. hahaha....

i still can't get over Hyun Bin's girly shriek when his chest was touched. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '10, 18:47

Ecchan, I have the same problem with the SBS site. Has been this way from the start of this drama.

Thanks for the links and pics. Ha is so cute with that stupid face :lol

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 26th, '10, 03:54

I just finished watching Ep. 4
MAAAAN, I just loved it so much. It's hilarious, but serious, but still awesome. The scene with the two directors was just unbelievably funny. Where she spoke English and he kicked her ass in the land of the English people. Hahahaha. It was so so so so so cute XD But Hyun Bin is such a great actor, especially with the whole being in the cramped dressing room and the whole in the tunnel. It was just so so cool, because I really felt sorry for him. And I love how eccentric he is. Aaaa, so cool XD
They'll be switching soon?? OMG, I can't wait for it XD

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 26th, '10, 04:35

Very frustrated now. Can't watch this online anymore. the Videos don't work. Oh well I will wait.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 26th, '10, 10:32

Peggy, Viikii has licensing issues so their videos aren't available. You'll have to download them. They're worth it. Heck, I even went for HD and didn't regret it.

Btw, do you ladies follow DC or Viikii or someplace for picspams or should I post all I find at Viikii here? Will start looking on the DC one too, once I find the link. XD

Edit: Found it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 26th, '10, 11:23

Ori, I practically sleep at DC, you know... I don't go to viikii, but...

About the licensing... well, hello, hello, this is SBS^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 26th, '10, 11:28

Hee hee. Then I'll post anything good I find at Viikii and you can handle the DC goodies. Although also visit that all the time. For Ji Hwan... :roll

So here's a lovely picture. I can't help but love it. The shirt is blue! It's blue! Can I please have those clothes? I need them for my future boyfriend.
P.S: Ara-chwan will have your head for that first picture. You'll scare the woman to death! But I find it hot. Veeery nice picture. Niiiiice.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 26th, '10, 11:29

You can keep the clothes (I love them, I couldn't stop staring at his hips, yes, hipsss) I can keep what's inside of these clothes, keke...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 26th, '10, 11:36

Well, I'll just grab the clothes. The man has a girlfriend so he's off limits to me and my weird fangirl principles. :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 26th, '10, 11:43

You had to do this. You just had. :x
Killing me softly with one word, killing me sooooftlyyyyyyy... with one wooooooord, killing meeee, uuuu... :note:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 26th, '10, 11:57

Well, it's just a fact. I'll have to "give up" on Ji Hwan too, when he gets one. I am a good girl. Surprising, considering how naughty I am in spirit.
Ahahaha. I think I'm a closet prude dressed as pervert... Or the other way around. I still haven't figured it out... Ahahaha. I'll find out eventually.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 26th, '10, 12:20

Either way you are a very disturbed little girl.

And every disturbed little girl and little boy should repeat after JW:
김수한무 거북이와 두루미 (kim suhanmu keobugiwa durumi)
삼천갑자 동방삭 (samcheongapja dongbangsak)
치치카포 사리사리센타 (chichikapo sarisarisenta)
워리워리 새프리카 (woriwori saepeurika)
무두셀라 구름이 (mudusella gureumi)
허리케인 담벼락 (heorikein dambyeorak)
서생원에 고양이 바둑이는 돌돌이(seosaengwon-e koyangi badukineun doldori)

Ehm.. I don't want to superimpose my translation so if anyone has one, please...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 26th, '10, 15:47

Ah, damn it! I should have read Ori' post before opening that link.

Ecchan, you mean little..., you could have warned me!!
Hope chanting JW's rhymes will help against anxiety and fear, too . . .

Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be a bit busy this weekend, so the HD for 5 & 6 might be late, sorry! :unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 27th, '10, 12:31

I can't express how happy I am my stream doesn't work...

Ara, you can click on those, no Philip inside, I swear on my love for... ehmm, whom to choose? :mrgreen:
Image Credits: some websites and DC^^

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Nov 27th, '10, 17:34

Episode 5 is fun too. :wub: I can't wait to see what did he tell her in the hotel room. It seemed that it gave her something to think ... and let her realise his feeling towards her ... I think

Confirmed: They shifted bodies at the end of episode 5. Episode 6 is going to be the mother of all funny episodes ... I hope! :whistling:

Enjoy! :cheers: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 27th, '10, 17:40

Yes, we know about this since like... a week? Orion posted some gifs even... :mrgreen:

OK, wine: check
cookies: check
comfy chair: check

I'm off to watch!! :wub:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Nov 27th, '10, 18:42

Started watching, and find it interesting enough to keep doing so!

One thing though! OT...kinda....

Someone mentioned Piggybacks a few pages back, even after watching a few K-Dramas in my time, still don't under stand the proper meaning it has for the Koreans. Could someone versed enough explain the Socio-Cultural impact of piggy-back rides to me. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 27th, '10, 18:56

Hmm... carrying someone on your back has deep roots in Korean geography - as if the whole nation was carrying on its back the burden of hostile environment and violent naighbours from the beginning of its history. It may bend you but it will never break you. This depicts also the main philosophy that it: "be the willow, the wind may twist you, but you won't fall". Willow has also deep meaning. Willow is linked in all Confucian sphere to eroticism, women were described as young willow branches... So carrying someone on your back means closeness, it means breaking your own personal sphere to let an unknown person in...

No, seriously, it's the genius of human thought. It's the easiest way to carry someone even twice your weight. No philosophy. :mrgreen:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Nov 27th, '10, 19:39

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, we know about this since like... a week? Orion posted some gifs even... :mrgreen:

OK, wine: check
cookies: check
comfy chair: check

I'm off to watch!! :wub:
I saw them too ... I'm following the thread on soompi.

I can't wait for episode 7 and 8 ! :lol I think that, at that moment, at least 1 of them should realise his/her true feeling about the other.

I do hope JW is the one in case ... and strife to conquer RI's body and soul and the company his grandfather is supposed to leave it to him as inheritance.

I think that the brother of his grandfather's new wife is going to try to steal the company from them. He might succeed in the end, thus making JW a poor man ... and then RI will save them with her love for JW, who will rise up again and restore what's morally his ... love and happy ending :lol

Or they could try the grandpa scenario: JW's grandfather meets RI and considers her the right one for JW ... thus giving her something of great power ... blah blah ....

I want a happy ending for this drama ... 111% happy ending ... not like the one from Snow Queen (great love story ... heart ripping ending). :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 27th, '10, 19:44

Ahaha, I was like what the...ecchan... :lmao

Piggybacks are just a dramaturgical means, imo...in a western setting, one would probably just get the other into a car or taxi and take them home for some quality time :P but since that's neither romantic nor adding much to the build up tension (and against the morale, yes) writers chose piggybacks as a common motive to make 2 people closer;)
Same with Japanese drama, but I have never seen people being piggybacked on the streets ;) ;)

Ep 5 is over...and I already feel the withdrawals setting in again ;) Can't wait to rewatch it subbed =) and somehow, I'm glad the body switch will only last a couple of eps. I am looking forward to the funny scenes but I'm already anticipating the development of their relationships afterwards....and btw, I'm gonna ship for Osca and the kid :P

Oh oh...and Ecchan, what about that crazy Korean Mum's Asoc? Aren't they gonna start a campain against gay tendencies here, too? I mean if KHS& Chosun in SKKS was a lesbian atrocity...shouldn't Osca and JW make them just as mad?? :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 27th, '10, 20:39

We'll be watching it again, since once is just not enough, but some first comments.

Well, I love it more and more with each episode. Just when I think I can't possibly like it more, BAM! I fall in love all over again!

As for the gay thing, the switch would make them angrier. Having women acting like men and vice versa? Are you nuts?
Their children will end up gender confused! Then they'll start drinking weird things they find to fix it! Society will be ruined!
What? You think this sounds ridiculous? Well, is saying that watching gays will make you gay and give you AIDS more sane?

Anyway, let's forget about these idiots and hypocrites and focus on the drama.
I do expect some more tension between them now. I mean, I don't think Oska would really mind, but things will be more awkward.
I mean, Oska still needs to find a protege and he still likes the kid's voice so he can't very well give up on him. But he was shocked.
As for the rest of the stuff that happened, well, how can I not enjoy this whole lovely mess? :lol It's too good for words!
I also loved all the little elements at the Potion House that made for a nice balance between benevolent and malevolent.

Urgh. Must refrain from more commenting! Needs subs to be sure! Come on, Viikii. We are waiting and cheering for you! HELP! :lol

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 27th, '10, 22:33

A bit late with comments as was busy earlier but ep 3 and 4:
I just love the tension/chemistry between Joo Won and Ra Im. The sit-up and dressing room scenese were so hot. :wub: Even though I think the change in Joo Woo's feelings from determinded to frustrated was too fast I like their love/hate relationship.
And as it was before speculated what will be the melodrama part, I also belive it is the rich guy & poor girl setup.
Fixed bag made me laugh as I have done same with some of my bags and I know exactly how frustrating it is when safety pins open. :mrgreen:
Somehow Oska is so pitful to me. He's in his late career and all he got is fame and even it doesn't work on everyone (the pretty singer boy). I know I shouldn't but my mind came up with interesting relationship between them. :lol
About the English speaking scene, I understood it so that she tried to look cool in front of Jong Soo, not really to put up excellent English.

This series is like fresh air after MMM. ^^ Can't wait the next episodes!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 27th, '10, 22:42

Viande wrote:I know I shouldn't but my mind came up with interesting relationship between them.
Watch episode 5, love. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 27th, '10, 23:02

Korean Mum Asoc lies low for now. It's just the first episode, you know.
But I bet they will raise the flag when the relationship between the young guy and Oska develop. Remember how he looked at Oska while singing at ep 04? Buahahaha!!!

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 27th, '10, 23:27

Ooh, didn't know that! So maybe it wasn't only my imagination, they made me think so. :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 28th, '10, 07:45

And a hilarious pic I've been seeing for a while now. Since it's Oska's and Joo Won's room, I'm guessing it's Oska who walks in on them. Ahaha. They're gonna drive the poor guy mad!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 28th, '10, 11:02

Picspam^^
Image thanks to: SG DC Gall
In case anyone is interested, go to www under my sigi. I posted over 150 pics from SG there^^
Ufufufu...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 28th, '10, 15:12

I see those ads now: "If my son sees this drama and wants to change his gender - SBS will have to pay for this!"
Imagefrom SG DC
And Oska:
And I can't remember if this was posted:
Secret Garden OST part 3

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Nov 28th, '10, 16:07

Episode 6 coming in 2 minutes! Enjoy! :salut: :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 28th, '10, 16:33

Ethlenn wrote:And I can't remember if this was posted:
Secret Garden OST part 3
then, have i missed part 1 & 2? :whistling:

:mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 28th, '10, 17:00

Give me a moment here... I... Tha... I need a moment...

Damn it, Ethlenn! That picture! :rofl:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Nov 28th, '10, 17:06

Issy wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:And I can't remember if this was posted:
Secret Garden OST part 3
then, have i missed part 1 & 2? :whistling:

:mrgreen:
here link for part 1 in DA
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90211.htm

I don't know about part 2 :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 28th, '10, 17:16

I was sure I gave the link here, but in any case, once more:
Secret Garden OST Part 2

If anyone wants to make torrents from those folders, go ahead. I can't, sorry.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 28th, '10, 17:17

Thanks E-chan and Chaos-chan :salut: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 28th, '10, 17:37

I just had to:
The characters on those zombies are days of the week, from Monday to Friday
and below is: "Be Afraid! The Days Without Secret Garden Are Coming!"

Plus:
Imagethanks to SG DC Gall
And I cut the NGs from the end of ep 06:
Enjoy some NG goodies^^. Saturday is just 5 long days ahead

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 28th, '10, 23:44

That naughty kiss scene in the picture you posted, Ethlenn, is going to cause quite a stir.

They should put the cast and crew into protective custody. I can see the Mums Association sharpening their pitchforks!!! Ahahaha!
I mean, we have gay, we have gay incest and we have magical gender bender gay incest! I swear, they are gunning to kills us all! Death by laughter and nosebleeds!
What I'm most curious to see is how and why that happens. I mean, kissing your own body is weird enough, but somehow, I find this even weirder.
And it's not just a little peck of something. This seems involved. Hope those prudes have their blood pressure pills close. They're gonna need em. :twisted:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 29th, '10, 00:44

Quote :Saturday is just 5 long days ahead
Those who cannot understand Korean should wait more ! Now I realise the advantage of learning languages T_T ! Anyway Im waiting for subs for ep05-06, Ive never thought that I will watch a drama while airing it but what to do ...Hyun Bin <3 !
Thanks for sharing pics : )

aility

Post by aility » Nov 29th, '10, 09:09

WAtched ep 3 and 4 this weekend, and I have to say, Joon won is quite the twat. I understand where he is coming from, but still, poor Ra-Im!!! It will do them both good to see things from each other's perspective yes! and from the spoiler I have seen/read, CANNOT WAIT FOR subs for ep5 and 6!

and no, I havent started watching the raws just yet. but hum... I could get chinese subs :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 29th, '10, 11:55

as i said before, there will be no watching SG new eps for me UNLESS there is subs. for some reasons, i am getting frustrated when i have no idea what they are talking about with this drama. i want to know every word that is being said. 8)

DramaCherish

Post by DramaCherish » Nov 29th, '10, 12:28

Thank you for sharing the OST! Just made my life a little more bearable now that i can listen them the whole day...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 29th, '10, 18:58

In the Dramabeans recap of 6 it's mentioned that
her dad says he's sorry, but that was the only way to save her. That worries me... A lot... It doesn't seem he is looking at their romance. It looks more serious.
He's worried about either an accident or a disease and both of those spell tragedy for me. And I don't like that idea. Not one bit. If I already knew, I'd drop the series.
And the switch won't last so if it's an illness of a future tragedy, it won't be stopped anyway, so it's Ra Im who's going to get hurt no matter what. Same thing.

BUT, does it seem to anyone else that the presence talking to Joo Won through the TV and the flower growing a petal and all, is a different presence than her dad?
Her dad doesn't seem like the cheerful type and the paranormal things happening in Seoul seemed to be more about their romance and not about something dire.

So, if there is an accident waiting to happen in the future, will it happen after all? Or maybe this second presence will stop it? That would be one theory.

The other, the one I hope is right, is that Ra Im would have an accident with the car stunts in Jeju. So, by the temporary switch happening, Joo Won can't do it.
That would explain what her dad said and did and it would save us from a sad ending. I still think her dad and the "Weather lady" are different individuals though.

Her dad seems focused on saving her life. Whatever is stalking Joo Won in Seoul, has to do with the romance between them. Her dad wouldn't do those things.
It spoke to him of miracles, grew the flower back, showing that she was not hating him and even hinted at the house. It seems to be dealing with something bigger.

Also, it spoke to HIM about miracles through the TV, which means it likes him. Her dad didn't even give her food, cause they'd switch bodies. He fed his daughter.
I just don't think her dad would stalk Joo Won in such a positive manner when it doesn't seem to give a damn about the guy in general, other than as a vessel for her.
Either it's Fate "herself" or then her dad is sad because he's worried about the imminent accident but is also the same person gunning to get these two together.

Again though, he doesn't seem that interested in Joo Won for anything other than his body (that sounded naughty) so I doubt it's the same "person" in Seoul.

Personally, this theory makes much more sense to me. Magic exists in this series. Who says it's just her dad? My money's on this one. And my sanity as well. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 29th, '10, 19:20

Hmm, magic or not,
Ra Im is a stuntwoman. That means - the accidents. She already is heavily bruised. I won't be surprised and it will be all natural.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 29th, '10, 19:31

So let's hope it's not a future one, but one that would happen in Jeju. Fingers, legs and hair crossed.
Btw, WithS2 just released the first episode for everyone. No 2 is still VIA only.

Subs are out and I'm obsessed enough to ask. My thorn, don't know how your Korean is, but help if possible. XD
I'm worried again now, since her dad says it's her fate to be sick. My question is, is sick and hurt the same verb in Korean? Could he mean "hurt"?
I've seen them use it for both, I think. If it's the same, we might have a chance with an accident in Jeju. If not, it's an illness and I'm so damn sad. XD

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Nov 30th, '10, 05:01

Hi!

Softsubs for episodes 5&6 are released ... you can find them in the first post of the releases. :wub:

Enjoy and take care! :cheers: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 10:28

Hmm, Ori, I have to rewatch both episodes, but
I found on Nate one article that indicates Ra Im's death. “My daughter's destiny is to die,” This is what I read there:http://news.nate.com/view/20101129n10811 it says: "딸이 죽을 운명이다"
But in Korean:
sick: 아파 (apa), 병자 (pyeongja, as sick person)
illness: 질병 (jilbyeong), 병고 (pyeonggo)
pain: 아픔 (apeum), 고통(gotong)
accident: 사고 (sago)
death: 죽음 (jugeum)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 10:44

s3xs1 wrote:Hi!

Softsubs for episodes 5&6 are released ... you can find them in the first post of the releases. :wub:

Enjoy and take care! :cheers: :salut:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
what a beautiful morning to wake up to. Snow and Subs at the same time? :P

Can't thank Viikii subing time enough for such fast work. :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 10:53

And just to add something about Hyun Bin:
http://news.freechal.com/Ent/NEWSEntVie ... 5&mcat=001
He was a narrator for the upcoming documentary movie: Tears of Africa. This is a project by MBC, depicting the vanishing ecosystems. The previous one, Tears of Amazon was narrated by Kim Namgil-nim.

Any resemblances? Both men narrated while in the "peak" of the attention. Both had to lose weight, both went to the army after that.
It's a curse!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Nov 30th, '10, 12:02

Caught up with the episodes, and like it so far.

The switch was funny enough and the changes are fun.
'Earn a lot of money' seems so ridiculous humble compared to earlier!

And 'Always Sorry' got attitude now! LOL. Gah, waiting for the never episodes will be a pain!

The pacing of this dama feels a bit off to me, but it's not as annoying as As Oska and his Ex, or the Stunt Director, or the Moms.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 12:03

:P E-chan, I just realised what you mean by "See you in 2012" in your sigi. did not know KNG is doing his army service now. :whistling:
ok, I am in Subs Heaven , 2eps of SG and ep32 subs for Gloria. :w00t:
oh what a night. (can't watch them right now, have to go out.)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 12:07

Issy, you... uhm... you what??
I made so much fuss around it, I subbed his farewell, I cried here, on the blog and msn...
Damn, girl... you just shot me. :faint:

That means I'm ignored...
eh well...

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 12:27

:cry: NO
it means i have a very BAAAAD memory. BUT, i did not even know that it was your KNG in the sigi in the first place. :pale: Sorry, goes and hide behind SJS now :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Nov 30th, '10, 16:50

Oh my... I laughed so much at the ep 6. Hyun Bin is so funny. ^^
Especially at the first morning when the switch had happened. He screamed like little girl. :mrgreen: The bra scene was damn funny too. Well ok what wasn't funny in the episode(?) ;)
I wonder if they learned eachother's acting for this as Hyun Bin was awesome. Ji Won wasn't that bad either but as Ra Im wasn't so girly girly from the beginning it didn't look so obvious that she was acting as Joo Won.
Orion, you kinda scared me.
I thought it was strange why he would only feed Joo Won but somehow I managed to pass it and focused more on the funny side. Now I'm really worried... But I assume that the switch can also affect future so I hope there will be no deaths.
I mean for example thanks to the switch Joo Woo (as Ra Im) talked to Ra Im's director and made him (probably) realize that he likes her. But I assume that at least something close to death might happen...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 30th, '10, 17:23

Haha Issy, are you trying to kill her?? LOL :rofl: :rofl: :clap: you made my day, woman!!

I'm fine with a little tragedy, but not the death of a main character. That'd be hard to tolerate!
I somehow have a feeling that the ogre will die for her.... or is it just my unciousiousness' wish?!? :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 17:34

arakira wrote:Haha Issy, are you trying to kill her?? LOL :rofl: :rofl: :clap: you made my day, woman!!

I'm fine with a little tragedy, but not the death of a main character. That'd be hard to tolerate!
I somehow have a feeling that the ogre will die for her.... or is it just my unciousiousness' wish?!? :P
:pale: I know Ara-chan, i am dead. :|

What is this tragedy ending i keep reading about? NOOOOO
there is absolutely NO WAY that i can accept such ending. no matter how much i love that drama. it will be crossed out from my most favourite drama list for sure. I hope that SG has no such ending.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 30th, '10, 17:45

Well, this one was announced as a melo in the first place I think.
And her father/that woman said something about her daughter's fate was being ill and she asked whether JW had an illness like cancer...
So I guess there is come tragic storyline ahead of us.
Well as long as there's a logically acceptable happy end, I don't mind it . . .

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 18:13

Issy, there are two solutions:
1. Commit a ritual seppuku (with writing the poem at least 1 billion-verses long)
2. Bring me some offerings...

And I just have to add: the latest episodes made such a wave through Korean media. Fans are concerned
about the older woman being Ra Im's dead mother, who wants to turn the fate of her daughter. And on 10Asiae one article tried to solve the puzzle but didn't. Anyway the writer was praised for making such a confusion.
I'm fine with a tragic ending. Perfectly fine. So I can re-watch some dramas/movies on the most depressing winter nights, with ginger cookies and cocoa, crying my eyes out.
This is cathartic.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 30th, '10, 18:34

Nope. I'm ok with tragic endings when the whole series or movie is sad and tragic. Then I'm prepared for it and get used to the sadness.
But this is a comedy so far. It's a romantic comedy, even if unique. I'll never forgive a bad ending in this one. Just won't. NEVEEEEEER!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 19:51

Orion1986 wrote:Nope. I'm ok with tragic endings when the whole series or movie is sad and tragic. Then I'm prepared for it and get used to the sadness.
But this is a comedy so far. It's a romantic comedy, even if unique. I'll never forgive a bad ending in this one. Just won't. NEVEEEEEER!
Yes. I agree with ori-chan on this. If the whole drama had sad vibes then I can be emotionally prepared for it but for drams like SG.

E-chan what sort of offering you are accepting dear? Because honestly, solution 1 is just impossible for me. Not the seppuku part but actually the poem part of the task :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 30th, '10, 20:26

Issy,
Poem is easy. Just stand at the kitchen sink washing the dishes. You can write reams of poetry in your head. You can write lyrics to many songs. You can really go to town daydreaming about the Famous four in SKKS. But writing a poem is a doddle.Ttry it. You may like it..:-)

Cheers. Peggy

aility

Post by aility » Nov 30th, '10, 20:27

Well, in some sense the tone of the drama hasnt been totally all fluffy and oh happiness. I mean, I could sense some underlying tones that did give the melodrama vibe. First of all, all the characters do seem really non-fluffy, if you look away from the comedy aspects. There is not really one truly happy person in this drama, everyone got their issues.

And I wouldnt call it a romantic comedy either. I think semi-romantic fantasy drama sounds more fitting? :mrgreen:

I am prepared for the melo, just hope it doesnt get TOO HEAVY!! Then I dont know what I would do :cry:

And ep6, Hyunbin was HILARIOUS!! I wonder how many NGs they must have done, how the managed to NOT crack up :lol:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 30th, '10, 20:41

Some how SG never looked liked a rom-com drama to me. Like aility said, it has no such fluffy moments. And sometimes I do get the melo vibe of it for sure. But not a heavy melo vibes. Jeez, now I am getting worried about the ending.

Peggy,
Sounds like fun dear. Will try it for sure. As u do have lots and lots of subjects To think of. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 30th, '10, 20:47

It might not be shallow "Oh-look-pretty-men-and-kdrama-cliches" kind of rom com, like most of kdrama, but it IS of a light and humorous tone.
It's romantic comedy so far, even if not the usual kind. It has it's romantic angst as well. But definitely not tragedy material. Definitely not that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 20:48

Hmm, I don't want to sound at the end of ep 20 like "I told you so" (I really don't), but I have to agree with Aili on this one. From the first episode there was some eerie mood around. And the magical things that are happening for me they are not the indicators of some fluffy happiness, but much rather the harbingers of some bad fate.
This is why I was so against fan-overreacting for the body switch. This is not a builder for more fluff, but actually quite depressing thing.
See, them, being in each other bodies, may cause some damages, break the relationships, undermine the credibility. It may get them closer, but severing the ties with the person who got close to your heart is much more painful than letting go of a stranger.

I'm prepared for every ending. I never lost that "melodrama" part from sight.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 30th, '10, 20:54

Heck, I'm prepared for an ending like that too. Or rather, know it might happen. But I'd hate it if it did. Anyway, time will tell. We can only hope.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 30th, '10, 22:08

Just watched first 4 episodes. They haven't swapped bodies yet, and up till now I've been amused! So good ;D

I started to watch Merry me, Marry and it's good too. I feel that dramas are getting better again ;D

To be honest, if they wouldn't swap bodies(as it said in plot), I would still like this drama, I think. And I'm not ready for that kind of action.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 30th, '10, 23:49

This is just getting weirder. I re-watched both ep 05 and 06, but... I guess it's my unconsciousness that wants a tragic ending. And since subs are out, no spolier tags, because I guess, everyone watched it. Besides, everyone clicks on the spoiler tags anyway.

Ori mentioned that this drama is not cliched like the typical Kdrama. I would rather reverse the pattern.
This drama uses all Kdramas cliches but twists them and re-uses in a way that was never (or rarely) used before.
1. We have a haughty, rich guy and poor woman pattern. Fine, it was used countless times. This time, thanks to this famous switch, main protagonists have to experience how does it feel to be in other people's shoes (literally!)
2. The main pair is clueless about each other's feelings. Juwon is straightforward, and he said many times he cares for her. In his way, which makes things distorted somehow.
3. "The other girl" pattern. And this is where the fun begins. Yunseul tries to gain Juwon not because she fell in love with him. His attitude may fascinate her, but she calculated everything. Plus she does it to crush Oska completely. It's a war game, she uses this to get her revenge, not realizing that once you unleash hell, it will obliterate everything around.
4. "The second male lead pattern": we have two of them for Ra Im: Director Im and Oska. Oska wants to use her in his own game against Yunseul, and Director is a classic "oppa boy", the one who behaves like a brother but not a lover. There is something in him that makes him able to commit the highest sacrifice though. Just sayin'...
5. The family. Just one thing: they are all f*cked up.
I mean seriously, both Juwon's mother and her sister (?) are crazy, soulless, nervous hags. His grandfather is some horny idiot that was easy to be wrapped around the finger of some gold-digger and her brother. The Manager is a manipulative bastard.
6. The right hand man is a sweet idiot. Good for him.

And one thing in ep 05
I thought about the storm in it. At first I thought it's a positive sign. The storm was along the night they switched souls/bodies/consciousness. We had lightnings and thunders, we had black, heavy clouds and pouring rain. And I wondered why they showed how the weather cleared. It may signify 2 things. The first thing: as after the storm comes a nice weather, after the storm in their lives may come sunshine and peace. But the second thought was different. Yes, after the storm comes up the peace, we saw droplets and clear sky, but... "clearing" means "removing" something. What if it wasn't the sign of calming the situation but "silencing" the wretched feelings after some event? The storm comes and go. People too. The storm may break trees. People may break as well.
I just had to add my thoughts as I don't contribute much. I may be over-thinking everything, but still... I wish we had this switch over and I'm looking forward to what's happening after it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 1st, '10, 01:05

watching ep6 now, but i just could not resist making this one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SweetCandy85

Post by SweetCandy85 » Dec 1st, '10, 01:20

Excuseme, there's something I don't understand... if this drama is on air, how do you know that it will have tragic ending?
(Sorry for mistakes, I'm Italian :P)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 1st, '10, 01:53

Sweet Candy,
It's because we have watched so many dramas we have to have our own thoughts and make them public for whoever else is watching. Gosh ! I even had things to comment on and I haven't even seen this drama yet !!!

Peg

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 1st, '10, 02:42

Secret Garden Ep. 05
Kyaaa! Oh may gawsh. I've met another one. I just love Hyun Bin, Joo Won here is just so awesome. I love every little bit of it. I love how Joo Won makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, well he does makes sense, but he's so eccentric. Kyaaa, I just love him. He's so weird and so open with what he's feeling that you know where he stands from the very beginning. Sure, he's got one of the weirdest sense ever, but seriously, he's apparently just figuring himself out, aaaah, I love him. And Gil Ra Im? How cute is she? She's one of those leads that doesn't get annoying after a while. I love her too. She's like this cool, cool being. I'm glad they switched bodies already, for I believe it's going to be so much fun watching how the two will interact now that they've switched bodies. I'm totally going to enjoy seeing Hyun Bin act like a girl. I mean the first few minutes as a girl is already so priceless and beautiful that I think I'll forever love the man as an actor. Hehehe, plus his dimples, are really to just die for.
As for episode six, since I haven't finished it...
I'm enjoying it every little bit... however before I go on, what's up with the old lady/father thing. It's a little freaky in a sense that what, she's going to die? I know how we're all gunning for variety in a K-Drama... but I'm more than concerned that this might end badly. I've placed too much emotional investment on the two main characters already that I would literally hate a sad ending.
Though admittedly I am looking forward to see how everything ends. It might make me cry like hell or maybe cry in a happy way. All I know, whether sad or not, whether I'll rewatch it or not... I'm going to forever remember this drama as something that made a difference. It's really good, kudos to the writers