Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 20th, '10, 17:44

Watched all but the last five minutes or so of ep 3.

Spoiler alert!
As I thought one step forward for JW, and two or more steps back for RI. She was pissed and only got more pissed when JW started spending his money on her and the crew. She is none to happy especially since everyone is kissing up to her, and tells JW she wants nothing to do with him.

The ogre is trying to mark his territory and tells JW to leave RI alone.

JW goes to the action school and we get this scene.

Omo! Hot, so hot. I think RI's feelings are taking over.

We get the rooftop scene where JW says he will not bother her again and leaves.

A few more scenes after this but the Toudou ep. ends early and from reading a synopsis it is a WTF ending. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 19:12

Watching Episode 3 right now
Sang Hyun is sexy, even with make up on and still looks manly with it!

Too bad for Director, but if the guy won't make his own moves, it's his fault. Need subs.
And I'm at the gym scene now. I nearly fainted with this one. Too sexy and romantic for my poor heart! :faint:

Mimsers

Post by Mimsers » Nov 20th, '10, 19:24

I hope they swap soon.
I am so excited to see how well the two will act.
Because switching bodies really shows off their skills as actors.
IE. Zac Efron in 17 Again... ;D

I wish I could watch the episodes without subtitles.. But then I get so lost because I only know a few Korean words ;~;

Oh.. And I love this OST.. Its so amazing. And so is this drama..

I want more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 20:48

You mention Zac Efron and acting skills in one post? He's a darling but... :blink
we get the rooftop scene where JW is telling he's crazy.
And the gym
seriously, I was so startled, even though I saw the stills. It was so... romantic :wub: I think I became a romantic after quite a few tens of years on my back...
I like the way they lead the characters. And Ra Im got to know that JW has never spent a day in "common" surroundings... but yes, this pissed her too...
And my favorite Oscar clothes so far:
Oscar singing was so hilarious I just had to stop this for a moment...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 20:51

Wait, so
did he say exactly what illness he has or did he just say he's "crazy" cause he liked someone like her? Man, come on Viikii! Subs!!!!
And yes, Oskar's singing was hilarious! And make up aside, how hot is he in that photoshoot? Dang...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 20:55

He said he's crazy. He said about the rhyming name he says for de-stressing, the weird thing he did, and she's a part of it.
Sorry, I had to rewatch it sober to pick up more. Hopefully when I'm back, viikii will release subs.
No kyaaa from me till Tuesday, ladies.

... and now, all Internet started to open bottles of champagne to celebrate this fact...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 20:59

Aww. See you soon, love. We'll be waiting and kyaaing in your stead! ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 21:04

Well, my train is tomorrow at 11 am, so now I'm spending the rest of my free time the best I can - drinking all the wine by myself and watching some hot men. Even in weird clothes...

But seriously
they should warn before such scenes like the one in the gym. A slightly tipsy woman can't take THAT much
But yes, do kyaaa in my stead. This drama is worth it.
I guess the whole melodrama point is about rich guy - poor woman. So I bet they will resolve it soon.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 20th, '10, 21:44

Oh E-chan
You are going some where? Come back soon dear. We will miss you :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 20th, '10, 21:49

E.

Be good and have fun. ?Is that possible??????

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 21:52

Take care, Ethlenn! :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 22:05

Well, thank you all, even MisS Lonliah dropped by^^

Well, it's a conference, I will have the presentation on demons so I will be probably the only one person having fun, keke. I will be good and I will have fun (I checked the clubs already, no worry, keke)...

Take care all of you, loves :wub:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:12

haha, demons? really sounds yummy to me! xD
Good luck, dear!
well, yeah I do stalk you guys! but sorry due to the lack of time I don't usually join your endless chats! xD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 22:19

Yummy indeed... the demons I'm dealing with liked to eat woman's flesh the most...

Our chats are like waves, we are low, low, and suddenly 3 pages a day... depends I guess on how much time we all have.
I still miss tomorrow's epiosde. The fact I will see what's happening on Tuesday, grrrrrr... maybe Oscar will wear more sweaters like the last one, or he will dance...

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:28

Ethlenn wrote:Yummy indeed... the demons I'm dealing with liked to eat woman's flesh the most...

Our chats are like waves, we are low, low, and suddenly 3 pages a day... depends I guess on how much time we all have.
I still miss tomorrow's epiosde. The fact I will see what's happening on Tuesday, grrrrrr... maybe Oscar will wear more sweaters like the last one, or he will dance...
& I'm actually in love with these waves! :wub: :mrgreen:

hmm, I am still not sure if I'm gonna download/watch this drama or not. Will decide a bit later...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 22:34

Drop Mary and watch this one, it's infinite-times better!!
:wub: :wub:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:45

Ethlenn wrote:Drop Mary and watch this one, it's infinite-times better!!
:wub: :wub:
I know the cast are irresistible, but I was errr.. ok I'm gonna download the raws now! xD haha, thanks :P

but, I'm sorry I can't drop Mary! That would be a sin!!! hehe :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 20th, '10, 22:51

All your sins like that are absolved, my sister...
keke :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 23:06

keke :mrgreen: thanks for your comfort....

I just noticed that I'm usually 'off topic' whenever I join your chats, ladies! sorry xD

Mimsers

Post by Mimsers » Nov 21st, '10, 02:51

Ethlenn wrote:You mention Zac Efron and acting skills in one post? He's a darling but... :blink
Hahaha hes not the best but hes a pretty decent actor.
And I think he did a good job of portraying Matthew Perry's character. Even though it got REALLY awkward at times with that cougar.

--

Still waiting for subs. ;~;

This thread spoils me so. But I get so impatient so.. Meh. ;D

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Nov 21st, '10, 03:03

Loving this series, so much better than Mary which has been a disappointment so far.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 21st, '10, 04:03

Have to add my thoughts re this drama. I watched most of ep.1 tonight. I think it is delicious. The production is polished and the writing is really good so far. I think the staff should be very proud of themselves for searching out the most beautiful settings. That house is superb. Very elegant.

I have always admired Ha Ji Won and it is good to see Hyun Bin in a modern setting again.
I must admit that I did not know dear Oscar sang so well. I loved his first song onstage at the beginning.

I will keep up with this even tho I have not yet finished SKKS...and I shall be so sad when that ends.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 21st, '10, 21:13

Will add more comments when I have subs for Episodes 3 and 4 but about 4 without them:
It's going very well. It seems the only problem Joo Won has is his extreme claustrophobia and it's sad how something so normal is so shameful for him because of his status and family.
I also like the way Hyun Bin shows this phobia manifest. He did pretty much what happens in such situations save for turning ghost-white. I know cause I have such a bad fear of heights.

As for the Director, my heart goes out to him but he's too shy and composed. He should have given her that bag himself. I get that it would be too much of a romantic gesture, but he does like her.
It's noble to just want the person you like to be happy and all, but people should take care of their own happiness as well. And the woman is straight and single so it's not like there are obstacles.

Oskar is a real gem, as usual. The guy has some serious egomania issues. He seems to think everyone should know and love him, but it's obvious he already knows his career is pretty much done.
He wants to scout that kid and be a mentor to him (if I got it right) and he acts this way as a last hope and desperate attempt to hang on to the fame, even just a little bit and through someone else.

But the one I feel really bad for is Ra Im. I mean, she resisted so much to a guy basically stalking her and when she started to give in to the romance a bit and feel like a girl, he went royal jerk on her.
I think it will do him some good to be in her shoes (literally) for a while. It's waaaaay out of his comfort zone and it will do him good. Although I'm sure he's gonna give her more crap before he learns.

Speaking of the switch, I just LOVE how they are (even in the first episode) giving those supernatural hints and they are now getting stronger and more specific. The flower and the painting were awesome.
This is very smart on a storytelling perspective. It lets viewers know something magical is up. So, those who already know about the switch know it's coming soon and the rest know the series is fantasy.
It would feel too weird and random if it just happened. With this, we know that who- or whatever will do this has been watching Joo Won for a while now. It's not a random act. It has a meaning and a purpose.
Also, major spoilers for future episode/s, but these are too priceless not to post. Got them from the SG forum at Viikii.
Image Image

One thing that has always annoyed lots of folk in kdrama are the bad kisses and that the girls act all cute about being kissed and don't use their damn mouths a bit but just sit there and take it.
This drama brings something new and fresh even there, even if it IS a guy doing the kissing in the plot since the switch has happened. You go, woman! Grab that hottie and plant him one!
Man, I don't think I can take such cuteness from Hyun Bin! Ahahaha! How can a grown hot sexy man be so damn cute? I usually find them one or the other. Cute OR sexy. How can he be both? XD

aility

Post by aility » Nov 22nd, '10, 09:20

OMG Orion, those spoilers you posted!!!!

when reading the plot for this drama, it is really something completely different than the usual kdrama. And that is refreshing!

After watching the first two episodes, I have to say that my love for Hyunbin (though it cannot surpass the love of another bin) is slowly starting to surface again. He is TOO TOO TOO adorable and HAWT in his role as this awkward, eccentric person, who honestly doesn't know how to interact around Ra Im. His world has been so confined. I cannot wait for the body switch to happen.

And those track suits, his pride and glory, hahahaha! Ah binnie^^

Ha Jiwon rocks, I must say! She is too sexy (blinky has so much to learn to his noona)... But she also needs to get some balls (ehem), which she hopefully will get soon :P
But I am a bit lost as to how she will handle the role as Joo Won, as he is sorta the arrogant, **** director ruling over a rather big company. She cannot go all super submissive and so on, no?

As for Oska, hmm... I need to warm up to his character. He is so loud, and his acting is somewhat meh at the moment... *hides*

And seriously, if it gets melo.... I don't what I would do... Right now, I am so loving the comedy aspects of it, please don't let it go all seriously and full of tears!!!!!!! pretty please :pray: :pray:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 22nd, '10, 10:10

Well, 3 and 4 are more serious, but far from melo. Nothing like those series where people "cry all over the place" like Joo Won very cleverly mentioned. Ahaha.
Plus, things will take a turn for the hilarious when the switch happens so it's a good idea to have some romance drama now. The drama is part of falling in love.

Another thing I love about this drama is how it breaks cliches with things like skinship.
In a certain other new series, we've already had like 3-4 piggyback rides from two different men. I think most of you know which series I'm talking about.
But Secret Garden shows that skinship CAN be done in an innovative way and also how a scene can be even sexier or romantic without it, if done well.

Ra Im has had a couple princess-in-arms moments, but with a reason that makes sense and not while she's dead drunk either. They usually are, you see.
Also, the sit ups scene was just ingenious. And although there is skinship in her holding his legs, it's the non-skinship factor that makes things even hotter.
The fact that he keeps speeding towards her face as he gets up, the look on their faces, the way the scene is directed, the music. All those make the scene.
Despite the non-romantic skinship, the fact that they have so much want in their eyes and the idea that he could kiss her if he didn't stop himself, make this hot.

It's the same with the dressing booth scene. The closeness and obvious lust and anger, as well as the way he tried to unbutton her and she grabs his hands.
Everything about that scene is passionate, without being cliche or afraid to hint lust or want. And that, while at the same time not being in any way inappropriate.
Kdrama could really take lessons from this series. As nice as they are, they all do the same things over and over again. Same characters, same cliches, recycled. It gets boring.
It's like they have a formula that works and think they can use it continuously without the viewers getting bored. Unfortunately, some viewers don't have memory or taste problems.
There are so many creative ways to show romance be it through dialogue, skinship, almost skinship or insinuation of it. A good writer, director and cast can work wonders with this.

This series is so far being an extremely fresh experience and original work for kdrama and series in general. It's breaking the habit and it's doing so beautifully. I'm honored to be watching.
Oh my. I am actually praising and bowing to the greatness of a series. I even love all the actors and think they are talented! What's wrong with me? Aren't I that b*tch that only complains?
I guess people seem to confuse taste and preference with clear judgment and assume everyone does the same. I can hate a series, but admit it's good quality or even love a low quality one.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 14:55

oh wow, ori. so fast with your reviews. :P
i still have to watch them. i decided that i am only going to watch SG with subs because i want to know every little details that is happening. will watch ep3 now as the subs are out. can't thank viikii subbing team enough. :salut:

and lol at those GIFs. :rofl:

I'm still feeling a bit worried with body swapping story and change of events. don't know how to think of it. i am liking how the story the way is going on at the moment without any hint of what is to come (if you had no idea what its storyline about, just like me :mrgreen: ). so naturally i did not want this story to have a such a dramatic changes. well, i guess that is the original story to begin with anyway. there is no other way.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 22nd, '10, 17:28

I am now really looking forward to when they switch bodies since there is so much that bothers JW sbout RI, like the shabby way she dresses, her shabby apartment, the ogre. and especially the way she is treated by the movie star and director, and I am sure RI will have some things to take care of in JW's life.

Really can't wait for the switich. Just hope it is not too silly.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 22nd, '10, 17:41

They would not have the switch if not for good reason. Both these characters have things to learn and realize before they can understand and appreciate each other.

Joo Won has always been rich and protected. A future Alpha male in the family. Seeing what she has to endure day by day will make him more understanding.
We're talking about a guy who has only seen poor people in National Geographic and cannot even comprehend how people from different class could be together.

As for Ra Im, she refuses to acknowledge her side that wants attention, love and support because she is in a difficult profession and life for a woman of her age.
She also can't understand Joo Won's point of view because to her, a person thinking those things is a jerk. She has to see how bad and limiting his life can be as well.

Those could be achieved by being in each other's surroundings and world, but we do have such a difference in social status, that it wouldn't be realistic anyway.
Meaning, we have had the "poor girl somehow ends up in rich guy's home" plot so many times already, it gets boring and it's not realistic or smart to begin with.
So, instead of going for the cliche and not-quite-the-same situation we've been seeing over the years, they chose a more literal and fantasy approach to that.

If they do it well and they do focus on how this situation changes them and betters them as people and not only go for the comedy of it, this will be awesome indeed.
There is an american movie called "Switch" that kind of did the same. A rich arrogant guy who didn't love or care about anyone turned into a woman one fine day.
She/he eventually fell in love with a good guy. It was tragic, as she dies in the end, but they did a good job in showing how this person's life was "saved" by this.

I personally hope they will touch such issues, even if a little bit. Not that I'd mind just the comedy, but it's such a smart and good series that I'm getting a bit greedy.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 17:54

wmcnair370 wrote:I am now really looking forward to when they switch bodies since there is so much that bothers JW sbout RI, like the shabby way she dresses, her shabby apartment, the ogre. and especially the way she is treated by the movie star and director, and I am sure RI will have some things to take care of in JW's life.

Really can't wait for the switich. Just hope it is not too silly.
But when they switch bodies, it's not like they still have memories and feelings of other person in them. JW will still be JW but in RI body and same for RI too. the only thing that would make difference is to know how other people see them and how they perceive them and how is like living in each others surroundings.
would this swap helps RI in finding out about JW phobias and what ever goes in his head?
i am just wondering about it now. because according to list of body swapping movies that i have seen, the particular person stays the same with no accessibility to different aspects of the body they occupying.
just so curious to see PD's interpretation of body swap.

anyway, just watched ep3 and i have to say that this drama is getting better and better with each ep. i can watch every ep over and over and never get bored. love the dialogue that is going on between most of characters. specially JW's and his way of reasoning. you know that JW and only JW is capable of rationalising his actions. (of course in his own head and according to his standards )

and oh my god at those
push up scenes. so tense, i could not breath. :P
and oska (oscar) such a good man. i keep getting impressed by his gentle and considerate personalities even though it is hard to see. but they are there all along. i don't think he even knows that he posses them. like the bag incidence. the way he handled the subject (comparing to JW's) was just so perfect. i am seriously in love with the guy but of course not more than JW. Hyun Bin continues to impress me with each ep.
but have to admit, both guys sense of fashion is just totally hopeless. i could not stop laughing at oska's putfit when he met RI outside. and that patched jumper, :lol they both continue to amuse me with their choice of clothing.
and why on earth i am warming up to lee Philip's character and even finding him hot in some scenes? :blink

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:22

That's not the point and I'm not talking about his phobia. When they switch, they will have to understand each other better, to better react to the world and hide the change.
They will also have to face the environments each person lives in through their "skin". She gets to experience the family and how it treats him first hand and he her work.

As for the og... I mean, Phillip, it's the lonely male who likes the female lead charm. A romantic woman will always fall for such a character. Don't feel weird. Ahaha.
And he might be unique, but he is a man with a strong presence. Quite handsome too. Maybe not in the plastic fantastic asian idol sense, but he's very good for normal.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 18:33

Orion1986 wrote:That's not the point and I'm not talking about his phobia. When they switch, they will have to understand each other better, to better react to the world and hide the change.
They will also have to face the environments each person lives in through their "skin". She gets to experience the family and how it treats him first hand and he her work.

As for the og... I mean, Phillip, it's the lonely male who likes the female lead charm. A romantic woman will always fall for such a character. Don't feel weird. Ahaha.
And he might be unique, but he is a man with a strong presence. Quite handsome too. Maybe not in the plastic fantastic asian idol sense, but he's very good for normal.
:lol i was not commenting on what you wrote dear. it seems that me and you were writing our posts at the same time but you beat me in posting it first. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 22nd, '10, 19:38

Curse our perfectly simultaneous mood for posting. :lol

aility

Post by aility » Nov 22nd, '10, 22:56

I think Phillipe Lee looks rather creepy... Must be his eyes... and he is SO SO SO SKINNY!!!

Will definitely not get a second lead syndrome in this drama, and thank god for that!! It took a while for me to get off Jaeshin to SJ :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:04

aility wrote:I think Phillipe Lee looks rather creepy... Must be his eyes... and he is SO SO SO SKINNY!!!

Will definitely not get a second lead syndrome in this drama, and thank god for that!! It took a while for me to get off Jaeshin to SJ :P
OH NO, he will never be a second lead syndrome for me too. just saying that i don't find him as creepy as everyone say he is. but he does look weird most of times. talking about skinny, i think Hyun Bin is quiet skinny here too. specially his face. :whistling:

aility

Post by aility » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:09

yes, hyunbin is too skinny. his gorgous face! It seems like all the actors need to get feed... My wonbin is also getting too skinny for my like :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:17

aility wrote:yes, hyunbin is too skinny. his gorgous face! It seems like all the actors need to get feed... My wonbin is also getting too skinny for my like :(
same thing happening with my kid (IJH) too. not good at all. maybe we all need to go to korea to feed our men/kids/... :mrgreen:

Hyunbin is growing on me. i did not like him in snow queen (mostly due to siding with my kid in there ) but now thinking of giving World's Within a chance.

aility

Post by aility » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:26

I started to watch world's within a long time ago, but it never managed to catch my attention... All I know is that there is A LOT of KISSING between Hyunbin and Song Hye-gyo in that drama :D

You probably seen My name is Kim sam soon? Hyunbin is HAWT in there ^^

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 23rd, '10, 00:21

Just finished Ep. 3
It's so awesommmme! Hahahah, the push-up scene was just awesome. Hahaha, I'm growing to love Oska because even though he's this loud and annoying character, he's just so fun. Especially that scene with that CF Director girl, hahah he's so cute how he's trying to tell her that he's being loyal and stuff while giving out fanservice. Hahahahha, so cute. I'm still so much in love with Hyun Bin's character, he's so adorable. Like that scene with the CF Director lady, when she asked him if he was startled, and he acted surprised and it was just the best scene for me
Personally I'm looking forward to the body switch because of how they're going to act it out. Hyun Bin has to be pretty much an awesome character when he shows just how he's going to act as a girl, and I think he could pull it off. Plus, the main girl (still can't get the name straight) would have to be pretty awesome as a JW, with all of his crazy-ness,

I'm really looking forward to the episode 4 sub. It's a great drama truly :)

Edit:
As for Mr. Lee Phillips dude, I don't know. There's still that something about him that makes him appear so.... creepy for me. Ate Aility, it's definitely his eyes, I think. I just feel scared every time I see him... Though I do feel kind of sorry for him... poor dude never really stood a chance against Hyun Bin. XD

Mimsers

Post by Mimsers » Nov 23rd, '10, 00:38

Ah finally found subs for episode 3!
God, Joowon is too epic. Forcing her to hold his feet while he's doing sit-ups! Genius.
And dang, I think Yoonseul is one of the most possessive antagonists ever. First it was Oska and now its Joowon. Poor guy. Having to deal with her.
Also, the 4th episode looks like its going to be serious. With him throwing the clothes all over the place. Well, I guess thats what happens when you spoil your child so much that they're clueless and unsympathetic about the people who are "under" them.
Agree with the above post about the switching! I'm really looking forward to how they act. ;D

lalalalala waiting for subs for episode 4.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 23rd, '10, 00:42

Regarding weight.

when you see actors on screen and they look thin..believe me they are actually much thinner in real life. The camera adds pounds. I feel sorry for Hyun Bin right now as I think he is waiting to go into the Army and he really should be hulking up in order to withstand the six weeks physical training.

re drama Worlds within. I highly recommend this drama and in particular watch for the second romance between the PD who is the star of the studio. Can't quite remember his name but it is 'Eom something'. He is a very good stage actor and does not often do dramas. He looks very attractive in this drama as he tries hard to resist loving the new little actress who comes nto the studio. Lovely romance there.
Hyun Bin is very sympathietic in his role I think. Love the way he reacts with the older actresses in scenes.

I don't think that Philip is creepy. I think he is unusual in appearance but very attractive. He must be awfully slim in real life... Do you thik they ever have time to eat food??????

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 23rd, '10, 04:04

Damn, if even older men start to get thin, should I be scared for Ji Hwan? Don't do it, love! You're so perfect with an ideal weight! Don't you dare, you perfect gem of a man! :cussing:

I can "forgive" Hyun Bin. Maybe he lost some for the character. Over muscular body would make it too comical when the switch happens, although he should gain it back for the army.
But Phillip, no excuse, man. His waist is friggin' scary. That's all that scares me about him. His weight. Unless he hasn't done it on purpose and it's because of his build. Tall and lanky.

Going back to Hyun Bin, I don't think he could have chosen a better role to do before the army. This shows just how good he is in comedy, drama and even "character" acting.
The drama is high quality, it's original and it's just a wonderful piece of work all around. He can go ahead and take this two year "break". A loooot more people will wait for him now.

Heck, I know I will. If he keeps doing so well in this series, he's going to be one of my favorites of his age and type. And I hope this role opens up many great opportunities.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Nov 23rd, '10, 19:15

Will DL the second episode tonight and see how it is.

The first one was a nice introduction to the chars, but not enough to decide if I'm gonna watch or not!
Gender-switching is always a hoot in my book!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 24th, '10, 07:33

The Viikii team released the srt for ep 4:

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Nov 24th, '10, 08:48

arakira wrote:The Viikii team released the srt for ep 4:
I've re-edited the 1 post of every SG release managed by me => link to MU(provided by SG Team @viikii) and BOX (alternative by me). Enjoy!
Reading the topic on soompi I've found something interesting (it involves the body swapping part): CLICK.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 24th, '10, 10:06

Phillip's built is hot. that waist is to die for. *swoon* but his eyes are just killing me with those stares. can't he give off a more softer look from time to time? No wonder Ra-Im can't feel the love! (he suddenly reminds me of blinky from SKKS, not the glaring part though.)

Hyun Bin, Adorkable is the word. I love how he tries put logic into everything and wants to understand things but really couldn't. Me love Hyun Bin's character.

Kim Sa-Rang's character is a bit poorly done or written? i don't know which one to use for it. She is indeed rich, tries to look cool and intelligent but she lacks something. i just can't put my finger on it. It's like one minute she's that bratty wannabe princess (who actually looks more like a poser for a rich girl to me) when on the next she's become a producer? when in some earlier scenes she's put on as a dumb-show-off bimbo. her character flow isn't topping the charts for me. too much inconsistency. to add to this, having that flashback history with Oska is just a WTF moment for me.

episodes 3 and 4 was such an eye candy, that's for sure.
seeing Joo Won act against his crazy character like being in a small room with Ra-Im unexpectedly, then add that waddle into his dirty pond to find the keys for Ra-Im's sake.
The things he does for her is unbelievable, specially if you knew about his crazy-crazy side.

the part that i find most endearing was every time Ra-Im does something infuriating to his STANDARDS, he spits words that are so insulting it would take all self control not to hit him, but if you get to analyze it more, he's confessing himself. He doesn't understand how he feels at all because he's never felt it before. then their's that line he asked to his psych. "Don't take it weirdly, I just got curious when I was reading a book... what is love sickness like?" - I seriously seriously toppled over this one! LOL. he is so cute!!!

Oska, by goodness gracious... how could a hallyu singer be like that? are there singers like that in real life? don't take me wrong, i do like his character. i would just hate it in real life. putting that aside, it's funny how he's met his match with Joo-Won and that kid he wants to be his apprentice, Jong Suk. there is much story to tell between the two of them, then add Ra-Im in the picture.

when i saw the preview for episode 5 i was thinking, if Oska would be using Ra-Im to make him not look like a loser in front of his former love Sa-Rang and then the ultimate body switch between Joo-Won and Ra-Im happens when he's using her...

this gets me more excited!!! hahaha... i'm sure this is going to be a laughfest!!!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 12:15

About Yoon Seul:
If anything, I actually like that even she has her layers. These rich spoiled women in series who act like antagonists are usually just mean and if they do change, they only miraculously change near the end to make everyone happy.
They also have very shallow reasons for doing the things they do and we rarely get to see what really motivates them, if such a thing even exists. Most of them are plain b*tchy just to act as an obstacle for the main characters.

With Yoon Seul, we get to see she's more than she looks, right off the bat and that helps to not stereotype her. Just like Oska is a typical flamboyant idiot, but still has his issues and gets serious with things that really are serious, same with her.
What they project to others is what they need to project to them to maintain their image and get what they want. It doesn't make them who they are as people though. She still seems in love with Oska and she's not just another bimbo like most.
Whether it's revenge or trying to make him jealous, there's more to her than meets the eye. I really like that. Her type of characters are rarely explored and are just added as the villains and in as shallow a capacity as can get. She's different.
Btw, thanks for the subs, Ara-chwaaaan! :heart:

And some news. If anyone wants to know about the switch and what will happen as well as how long it will last, check this out. Major spoilers here though.

This was posted at the Viikii forum by user Felmenon. I can't account for the accuracy in news or translation, but here it is anyway. I'm happy with this plan.
Here's a rough translation of the Chinese Article (i hope i got this right):

Joo Won and Gil Ra Im experience body swaps twice.

At the ending of ep5 they swap bodies. In ep8 they swap back to their original bodies.

*** Scene where they woke up the morning after swapping bodies-

Joo Won and Oska were supposed to be sleeping in the same room.
Joo Won woke up to find himself sleeping in the sauna's sleeping quarters( bedroom dorm?), holding an egg in his hand and heard an aunty calling him "Miss". Joo Won was surprised and reacted by exclaiming: Who?Me?! He then saw that he had boobs and was so shocked that he started hyperventilating.

On the other hand, Gil Ra Im was supposed to be sleeping in the Sauna's sleeping dorm. She woke up to find Oska sleeping next to her with his hand placed on her chest.Just as Ra Im was wondering if she was dreaming, she realised that a certain part of her body was "arched" and she was so shocked that she passed out.

In the following 2 episodes, ep 6 and 7, what you will see are the bickering/spats between Joo Won and Ra Im while they are in each other body.

The article goes on to describe about the funny incidents that happen - Ra Im sitting with her legs wide open, while Joo Won keeps squatting down in front of other people.

The article also mentions about Joo Won feeling uncomfortable wearing bra and he complained about the bra straps keep slipping and Ra Im told him that the straps can be adjusted. When Ra Im saw that Joo Won was frustrated/impatient and wanted to just remove/pull off the bra, she reach out to help him to adjust the straps...

In ep 8, they swap back to their original bodies...

Article in Chinese
kdramafanusa @Soompi
And here's the original article in Korean.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Nov 24th, '10, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 24th, '10, 15:32

have to write this right now because i just can't stop laughing.
OK, i seriously dislike (more towards hate) YS's character. something in her acting bothers me. nothing to do with her character even though aware of its nature.
but
the scene where she started speaking in English ( more like Engrrish ? :mrgreen: ) to Jong So was just beyond annoying. she did not even know where are actual punctuations of that sentences:crazy: so i was pleasantly suprised with Lee Philip great English accent. then i remembered what peggy said about him. :lol the look on her YS face is just priceless.
I really wish they do not include any English speaking scenes for characters when they are not good at it. it reduces the quality of those scenes alot in my eyes. but then again, it meant for Korean viewers and i guess they get impressed.
ps. Thanks alot Ara-chan for subs

@Ori, wow, thank you for sharing this. now i am kind of excited for body swap. it feels quiet clevererly done.
Last edited by Issy on Nov 24th, '10, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 15:36

Issy, I think that was the point. To make fun of all these series where they have the "studied abroad" characters who supposedly know awesome and perfect English.
And it's something they accentuate too. He/she studied abroad and is so good in English and then the actor's English actually sucks and make thoses scenes so bad.

I think it was done with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. Which is why they added this scene with Phillip whose English is, of course, almost perfect. THAT's how it's done. :lol
I think her English is way too bad for it not to be deliberate. Hyun Bin has a couple of lines and he made sure his accent was good. They are trying to show how fake she is.
I think that in such a series where the quality is all around so good, they would have trained the actress to have a good accent for a few lines, if they really wanted it to be serious.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 24th, '10, 15:52

Yes, exactly my point.
intended or not , they really need to work hard on such scenes. specially for Korean dramas that aiming to be famous not just inside Korea but outside too. they do license lots of their dramas in US. so you would think they put extra efforts not to look shabby and poor in quality.
plus, i always wonder why on earth they need to speak in English when they both are born native lived most of their years in Korea. there is no need at all. if one of them had problem with their Korean, then it is understandable.

I too thought that it might be intentionally done for showing more YS's charcaters inside but for that long conversation the actress really needed more practice. at least show her the right punctuations.
this subject always bothers me whenever i watch Japanese or Korean dramas and they have to speak English. maybe they should hire some English coach and keep them handy.
:mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:02

Like I said, if they did do it on purpose, her English had to be just this bad to make a point. That she thinks she's someone awesome and tries to use a language she is awful at to impress, like that's impressive anyways.
If they did want to make fun of this problem with Asian works and English language, they would not train her to be tolerable since the worst she'd be, the better. She was too bad for this to have been an "honest" scene.

Also, like you say, it doesn't make sense they'd speak in English, which makes her attempt even more ridiculous and the perfect comeback, both in language and substance, even more of an ass kicking moment for her.

I personally liked the scene as it points out yet another problem dramas sometimes have and they even use it too often. It's embarrassing to watch such poor use of a language being presented as good and refined.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:08

Orion1986 wrote: I think it was done with a tongue-in-cheek attitude. Which is why they added this scene with Phillip whose English is, of course, almost perfect.
Almost perfect? Lee Philip was born in the US, and has a BS for Boston and a MS in Engineering from GWU. English sounded perfect to me, with just a slight accent.

With the way the Koreans are anal about English accents in music I would think that Seul's bad English was intentional, and not a case of bad acting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 24th, '10, 16:16

:lol making such a fuss about two lines of English. :P
I can't help it. I love originality in everything and really annoys me when people blindly copy other language/tradition/culture... just to show off. unfortunately we see lots of such scenes in our J/K dramas and makes me feel sad when i think of the reason for doing so.

anyway, who else loving those moments when JW is over taken by his phobia. i just feel is portrayed so perfectly by Hyun Bin. i see another obsession coming my way. :whistling:

ps. i still believe is a combination of both. tongue in cheek and bad acting.
:mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:21

That's what I meant by almost perfect. There is a slight accent. Just a tiiiny bit. But for Asian standards, the man is of course the King of English language. Ahaha.

As for the phobia, yes. He did an excellent job. Save for turning pale white, which is not something you can do no matter how good of an actor, he was awesome.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 24th, '10, 16:44

Issy wrote::lol making such a fuss about two lines of English. :P
I can't help it. I love originality in everything and really annoys me when people blindly copy other language/tradition/culture... just to show off. unfortunately we see lots of such scenes in our J/K dramas and makes me feel sad when i think of the reason for doing so.
I guess I just listen to too much JPop, and love Tommy's engrish or seeing AKB48 try to sing Ogoe Diamond or Bingo in really horrible engrish. I do not mind seeing someone attempt to use what they know, but I don't think Seul could speak a word or it, and it is the worst attempt I think I ever heard. After several attempts at listening to AKB I can follow what they are sing but Seul was saying almost nothing intelligible. Had to be on purpose.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 24th, '10, 19:37

i myself is getting hyped up with the body switching...
i keep imagining Seul in her english speaking manner, flirting with Joo Won who is actually Ra-Im in Joo Won's body... ah. so many hilarious things could happen!!!

now that you guys are talking about different languages incorporated in Kdrama, my two cents in it? I would have to agree that it is for impressing the Korean audiences. (since it was really intended for them) i could remember this kdrama Spring Waltz, where they made their actors speak German or French. one guy here in DA who speaks the language for it's his mother tongue commented that it was badly done. He couldn't even understand a word they were saying. SO yes for the cheek in tongue when using another language.

as for this particular drama, i think Seul's english was sort-of intentional for acting wise but like i have said in my earlier post... i find her character too much flawed. come to think of it, she's the daughter of a minister, she's rich and even studied abroad: why on earth would her english sound so poor? unlike Joo Won's, at least we all know that he is a chaebol and he loves making money and he did mention that he studied in the University of Columbia, (heh. I find it funny when the other guys thought it was the COUNTRY of Columbia.) at least his english was more cultured. so... i'm still not a fan for Seul's character. it's too messy to ponder upon. I could understand Oska's character more than Seul's, he's one helluva rich Hallyu Singer who's became a womanizer because of an old love.
kudos to Seul for messing up his life big time and double over for coming back into his life to become his MV producer. makes me wonder how they'll be under each other's skin by using the people around them during the shoot. >_<

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 24th, '10, 21:41

I think the whole discussion about the accent in English is pointless. Everyone speaks with an accent, let's be frank. I don't judge people by this trifle thing. As long as I can understand what this person means.
And I'm with Ori on this - I think her really bad English was intentional, to just contrast it with Director's pronunciation. Remember, she tried to seduce JW twice - once by her modern look (she wanted to brag about the knowledge on Manet) and the second time - by her Harlequin, romantic version. He saw right through both of them. So now she's trying to get closer by directing the MV.

As for the Yunseul's character
of course she's spoiled, she's vain, but in the same time she's determined, and it's more to her than what she shows. I like how the character goes. She actually cried after meeting with Oskar at the hall, that means she's not that tough as she wants to be seen. She looked at him really soft during the concert. I think she still harbors some feelings for him, although she pretends to be just a cold b*tch trying to mess up his life (successfully).
Oscar
oh my gods, he's so loud, but at the same time pitiful. He tries to maintain his status, but I think he is torn between some human emotions, not calculated and studied before the mirror, and those fake ones he has to display almost 24/7. It looks like he believed in the creation called "Oscar" so much, that he lost someplace in between his true nature. The nature seen when he left the recording studio and wanted to see Yunseul, and he saw only her at that very moment.
JW
he sometimes acts like a borderline personality. But I can't deny the man has some incredible logic in everything he does and says. And there are hints of his enormous feelings that started to grow deep inside of him. He displays them as if against him even, although he doesn't hide he is mesmerized and infuriated at the same time by RI. Their Love-Call-It-Hate relationship grows stronger and stronger, consumming my energy for watching it. At the same time I look forward the ending.
RI
hmm... I think only after meeting with JW she started to be aware of her feminity. All those men from the gang treated her as a part of the team, therefore she wasn't treated with some privileges. Even Director. He commit the classic mistake every "I hide my love for you and watch you from afar" character makes - he remained passive. And no, the talk with JW is not an action, because it wasn't a step forward for him, but asking JW to take a step backward. It's not the same.
Therefore, the way JW treats her, both with childish love and disdain, makes her hate him. She is entitled to it, he treats her bad, but according to her standards and normal people. JW is not a normal guy. Plus, in all his remorse towards her, in all his harsh words there is despair. RI looks like if she saw the glimpses of it, but the hurted pride and woman's nature is stronger. I can understand her perfectly.
And I have really bad feelings about this drama. I want to be wrong, but...
And no, am I the only person who is looking forward not to the body swapping, but to what happens next?

Plus: I really like JW's right hand man. He's so funny and caring^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 22:29

What kind of bad feelings do you have, Ethlenn? Are you joking or did something change? I'm curious cause I only have good ones. As for the melodrama, I've read interviews and such that clearly state they wanted to make this a light and funny series, so we don't have to worry.

Just as an indication of how much me and my mom are obsessed with this series, we've watched Episode 4 three times today. And we're about to begin our fourth. Yes. 4 times in one day. We're sick, I tell you! Ahaha! We love it so much! It's just such a smart and good series.

And yes, as much as I want the comedy around the body switch, I really want to see what happens after. Because they can't do much with the romance while they are in each others body without it looking comical. It will be fun, but glad it won't be during the entire series.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 24th, '10, 22:45

Ethlenn wrote:I think the whole discussion about the accent in English is pointless. Everyone speaks with an accent, let's be frank. I don't judge people by this trifle thing. As long as I can understand what this person means.
OH, Sorry dear. it was not meant to make fun of people or judging them. if what i wrote looked that way i do apologise for any offences that might have caused to some readers. it truly was NOT intentional. :salut:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 24th, '10, 22:59

As I said before I have only watched part of first episode so I should not pass opinions. However, that is what I am going to do anyway.
It seems to me we have characters in this drama who are all quite strong and all wanting their own desires to be met. They don't really seem to regard what the other person wants. There does not seem to be a couple who are well balanced. At least that is what I find after reading all the posts here.
I am surprised that the Philip character is so timid. I have met men who are not sure of themselves but not one who is too timid to make a stab at impressing the lady of his choice. Especially Philip who is charming and good to look at in his character.

Hyun Bin is the inwardly timid guy. However his strange hangups propel him forward and his genuine business knowledge gives him plenty of strength.

The difficulty will be after the body exchange is reversed. If they know who they really are when in another body..will they remember it all when they go back to their real selves?
That will prove to be so difficult for them I think. Extremely embarrassing no matter how much they can empathise with the other person's problems in life. it could drive them far away from each other and not turn them into loving partners. It will be interesting to see how the writer deals with this.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 24th, '10, 23:14

Oh no, Issy, it wasn't anything because of you, but I usually don't complain about people's English, so seeing this here amazed me a bit.

And I'm curious about the same thing that Peggy wrote in the last paragraphe. This is really interesting^^

And don't forget we have the evil manager who wants to take over the whole company. They started so many topics, I wonder how they solve this. And yes, JW's family is a sick one. No wonder he grew up being such a guy.

Ori: this arrow on the characters chart I posted somewhere bothers me. I have never seen the arrow transcending the characters in love. It usually links them, but I perhaps behave like a paranoid. Still, there is something else, this "bon'yari to shita fuan", to quote Akutagawa's last words ("dim uneasiness"). :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 24th, '10, 23:41

Maybe the arrow means that they are not just linked, but they actually go "through" each other as well. I mean, couples don't usually become one another in such a literal sense.
But what does that mean, the sentence where the arrow points to? No idea. I just don't feel this would have a bad ending. I don't get a sad ending vibe. I hope all goes well. I really do.

And for me to state my own opinion about the English thing, I don't mind people's accents, I have one myself, but I do mind when someone's English is presented as excellent in a series when it is in fact very bad.
I don't expect people to be perfect in it, but I do expect an actor to at least phonetically learn his/her lines for a role that's supposed to be great in English. Otherwise, it's not realistic. That said, I liked it in this series.

Back to the arrow now. I don't think they'd reveal the ending or plot with the character chart. I think it was just a visual design decision to depict the whole paranormal mess that will happen. Please let it be so. XD
Cause what connects these two, is more than a "who wants whom" thing like with the other arrows. This starts outside of them and ends there as well. Maybe fate? Maybe that power that brings them together?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 24th, '10, 23:53

Well it means somewhat along: "From Rivals/Game with Love", or something, have no time to look for it. :whistling:

Yes, as you said, they even made a stupid characters chart puzzling!!
Why oh why this drama is soo gooood?? :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 00:00

Because some of us would have gone insane with Mary. This was a gift! It was fate! :rofl:

One person I also like is his doctor. I think she could prove very helpful later on. She's smart, normal and perceptive.
She could open his eyes a bit, when he's being a jerk. If she gets involved somehow. I just like the woman. So balanced.

Btw, how sould we behave with spoilers? Do we freely discuss an episode after the subtitles have been released?
Or should we add everything in tags, just in case? I'd hate to spoil it for people, as much as I dislike the tags. Must be careful.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 25th, '10, 00:15

Hm hm...my hopes are with Ori, let the arrow be a transformation graph, please^^ I do believe this is set up as a hapy romantic story, but I also got a slightly bad feeling. I wonder about all these small supernatural happenings, usually, you gotta pay a price for supernatural help, right...praying that there's nothing like that!!

I'm still too much in love with this one and I don't really feel like discussing it much, since it just feels right and almost perfect :wub

But I am wondering, about how the're gonna follow all those storylines and characters they've thrown in.

btw, I like the musician kid. He's got a pretty nice voice and I'd love to see more of him. Like he could reform Oscar...

Oririn, bout spoilers, I think we should put them when we talk about the story itself, but not if it's just about the chara's. What about the rest?

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Nov 25th, '10, 01:10

guys i got many stuff to watch and i'm going crazy so plz could any one tell me if i should watch this series does it worth or not and i really need fast reply :S

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 25th, '10, 01:55

As I said before, I have not watched as much of this drama as all the other posters. I do have to add something which may or may not mean anything. Regarding the body exchanges. If when they go back to being themselves, and they don't remember what happened to them, then they will revert to their former animosity woh't they? Tthen suddenly they will find a very different situation with all the other people and what may be happening in the world as they thought they knew it. Time has passed and probably things are now not quite the same. If there are problems there is always the chance they will be able to work together to once more sort everything out. They will together solve any of the problems caused by other people when they were not themselves. then we have the chance of a romance and a happy ending. Or maybe not a romance but at least a friendship.

It really is a very interesting story and I am definitely going to watch all of it.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Nov 25th, '10, 08:26

i am voting for arrow = to body swapping.
that's the only one that makes sense to me, too much analysis on something simple makes my brain burst.

Ori- i smiled when you posted that you are watching this with your mom. i'm going to watch this with my mom too as soon as we get together again and she finishes that darn "summer scent" and "shining inheritance" she's been hung up on. i need to infect her with the latest drama! >_<

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 25th, '10, 09:14

I'm watching it with my brother. Hahahahah, XD

I'm so excited that the 4th ep is out. I'm so so so happy, and I can't wait to watch it with my brother right now. It seems to have gotten quite serious though. XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 09:17

Really? We still laugh our butts off. XD But yes, it has shifted to more serious stuff. Heh. Wait till the switch happens. :lol

bBP, my mom made me watch Shining Inheritance too, but she realized she hated it as well after all. Ahaha. Bad memories. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 25th, '10, 09:32

Well I haven't seen it, I'm just reading off some comments from others at tumblr. Hahahha, but I'm still thinking it's going to be funny, especially am excited to see the Director girl, and the Lee Phillips dude talking. Hahahaha that seems to be a funny scene. XD

Hey! Withs2 has released it on VIA! cool. XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 10:17

Yeah, WithS2 are being rather quick about it. Still, we even watch it raw cause we can't handle the wait for the Viikii subs. I doubt we could sit and wait for WithS2. XD
I just LOVE this series, damn it! Love it to bits! I can watch and watch and watch and watch! So, give me my fairytale ending. Pwetty Pwease!!! Ms Writer! Don't fail me! XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 10:38

Regarding spoilers: personally I found them useless, because I always click on them an read. Most people do the same. And since subs are fully available within a week (actually few days), I think talking with using them is pointless.
But I will comply.

Yes, I like the Doctor lady. She realised in ep 03 he's in love. Let's hope she can create some counter-balance to his mother. His mother is a Medusa type of lady. Brr...

And Peggy: I think they will remember their experience in each other's body, but... the hell I know! This drama may take an unexpected turn anytime.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 10:53

Well, it will sure mess up their sex life a bit. XD I mean, they'll kind of have to see and touch each others body in so many ways but romantic ones! Ahahaha.
But love and romance can make you find anyone sexy, so it shouldn't be a problem after the switch back. It would be nice if "Love conquers all" is the point.

And I mean, this is a fairytale. And remember what the TV said? That God could even grant miracles on such rainy days, but no need to wait for such a day.
It seems that whatever is working for them, is working for something good and I doubt it'd go through all that for "just friends" or not even that. I hope not.

Something is going through a lot of trouble to connect these two and the flower thing hints at romance. I mean, that basically meant "She doesn't hate you".
And I feel this thing is benevolent. The flower blooming, the light going on in a dark depressing house. Life and light. Those are representative of Good.

Anyway I look at this, it says happy romance. It says "the Universe will shift just to get these two together". Why create the perfect ground for it if it won't happen?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '10, 11:16

Yes, the petal of the flower and light in this creepy house I found so enchanting (nomen-omen) and meaningful.
They are drawn to each other, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure they won't turn it into some huge tragedy, but still... where so many eerie things happen, a tiny tragedy is inevitable.
See, what you wrote, when "Fate" works so hard to connect them, it may be pissed off they don't see it. Still, it may forgive them in the end their blindness.

I will cling onto hope till the very last episode.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 25th, '10, 11:37

I think "Fate" knows what kind of people it's dealing with. And it seems that's exactly why it's intervening like this.
They wouldn't create a series with a romantic and supernatural premise just to have the characters not learn.

Whatever It is, it understands them and their feelings. Even if they don't learn all it would hope, it won't get mad.
Cause it knows who it's dealing with and what to expect. Those two don't know each other, but that thing does.
And I hope the point of the switch will be just that. Helping them understand each other and connect more as people.

The writer seems talented, so she wouldn't make such a set up for a predicament without having a catharsis at the end.
One that satisfies the hearts of the people the series attracts, that is. Romantics who want a happy fairytale. Most of us.

Then again, there are the Hong sisters who created a happy series and wanted to have a tragic ending. SUCH idiots sometimes.
But they're not exactly original or very high caliber. They're good for silly rom coms, but Secret Garden is much more than that.
So I sincerely hope the writer gives a conclusion that fits this whole angsty but romantic and sweet build up we've seen so far.
And there's even more comedy coming up. The body switch will be a riot. I just don't see this ending in any sad way. Can't imagine it.

At least not for the main characters. Oska might never get back together with Yoon Seul and the Director will be lonely, of course.
I mean, that much I do expect and it would be natural. And I do expect lots of drama, but I don't see this as a non-happy ending.

So, let's all hope and enjoy. ^^

God, it's nice to be watching a series that raises such interesting discussion. It actually has mature themes to talk about!
I got a bit too fed up with the kind of series where the only thing to wait for and talk about is the lead guy's next hairstyle. :roll
Which is why I love this. It combines rom com and all the cutesy and fluffy romantic things I love with a better written plot.
I wish they'd make more series like this. You don't have to sacrifice romance for seriousness or depth. This is good proof.

P.S: Sorry for all the text. My fangirling manifests with huge texts or too much talking. XD Well, fangirling and nervousness. Those two make me go on and on and on and on...