Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Rikayla

[Discussion] Juui Dolittle

Post by Rikayla » Aug 25th, '10, 14:39

Juui Dolittle

Date: From 9.00 p.m. Sundays, October 2010

Station: TBS

Cast: Oguri Shun, Inoue Mao, Narimiya Hiroki, Ishizaka Koji, Kunimura Jun

Synopsis: Known by the nickname ‘Doolittle’, Tottori Kenichi (Oguri Shun) has a reputation for being a competent, rogue veterinarian. His pet phrase is “veterinary care is a business”. He speaks with sarcasm and is strict with both money and pet owners. However, he does not only save “silent animals” that cannot tell of the pain of illnesses and injuries, and whose masters lack knowledge and caution, but also heals the hearts of those troubled owners. Hanabishi Masaru (Narimiya Hiroki) is ‘Doolittle’s’ rival. An amiable veterinarian with a completely different mindset and veterinary care principles.

Screenwriter: Hashimoto Hiroshi

Producer: Setoguchi Katsuaki

Director: Ishii Yasuharu

Sources:
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/juui-doolittle/
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Juui_Dolittle
http://www.tbs.co.jp/jyuui-dolittle/

Been looking for a new Inoue Mao drama since forever. Can't believe it's been 3 years since her last full-length drama. And been looking for this particular drama since it's been rumoured. FINALLY. Inoue Mao in a drama. And with Oguri Shun and Narimiya Hiroki? Extra plus!

However, I'm not too fond of the scriptwriter's previous works... Though they're working with the producer and director of Hana Yori Dango. The director helped direct Ryusei no Kizuna too...
Last edited by Rikayla on Sep 23rd, '10, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 25th, '10, 14:55

I'm looking forward to it. I like seeng people reuniting in dramas and stuff again ^_^ I'm just a bit meh about Inoue Mao. HYD definately turned me off from her and the First Kiss drama (which I only lasted one episode... her character pissed me off a lot) But yeah. I still can't wait to watch!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 26th, '10, 13:44

At first I thought that this drama would only stay as a rumor... because of the title. XD
I thought it was going to be a remake of the Movie Dr. Doolittle... XD

but HELL YEAH! To the AWESOME CASTING!

I just hope that the writing is really good! *crosses fingers*

and who's rooting for a pairing already?! I know I am. XD

MAOxNARI for me! XDDD

Sorry Shun~ I know you'll get her in the end... but... but... I love them. XD

:wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 27th, '10, 05:59

I hope Dolittle's gonna be a real weirdo. Pushing her away with his weird habbits, Tajima admiring Hanabishi for his charisma thinks she's in love with the latter but later gets won over by Tottori's weird charme... I'd like a simple story like that :lol :lol :lol

According to the manga's wiki, there's also gonna be a bad guy, the director of a big animal clinic chain that tries to buy other clinics. Maybe they'll unite forces to go against them. And there's also a professor who seems to be the link betwee the 3 main characters. wonder what role he's gonna play...

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Sep 2nd, '10, 03:18

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 2nd, '10, 11:15

Nice to see Heiwa picked it up, they did great jobs on other projects. Thank you guys!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 2nd, '10, 11:53

goes in to watch list.
shun and nari together again? wooow. as for mao, after serious disappointment with her in first kiss (because she impressed me in HYD alot), not sure how i feel about watching her in another drama. but shun and nari would make up for that for sure. :P

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Sep 13th, '10, 16:12

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 13th, '10, 16:36

Thanks for posting. Fujisawa Eri is cute, but tbs only states her appearance as a cameo. Suda is a kamen rider kid so i won't expect anything from him apart from looking cute :P and the other is Keita from Natsukoi ;)

LOL at Shun's hair. Why does he need such a perm and cut?! :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 14th, '10, 04:01

arakira wrote:Thanks for posting. Fujisawa Eri is cute, but tbs only states her appearance as a cameo. Suda is a kamen rider kid so i won't expect anything from him apart from looking cute :P and the other is Keita from Natsukoi ;)

LOL at Shun's hair. Why does he need such a perm and cut?! :lol
curly is his natural hair. He used to have it straight until his dad shaved off his hair. After his hair regrew again, it was all curly and he couldn't do anything about it.

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 14th, '10, 04:41

yeah perm is Shun natural hair after the shaving incident lol xD
but i love his perm hair as well<3
i prefer natural perm rather than straight hair people perming their hair and look weird xD

at least now he don't have to bother to straight his hair every day for every scene lol and save some time xD
no matter it is perm or straight or short or long or black or blond hair Shun he still gorgeous and awesome no matter what<3

and i am super excited for this drama especially his reunion with Mao and Nari<3
i hope he would finally end with Mao this time though this does not seem like a romance drama but still seem very interestingly weird and fun drama :wub:

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Sep 14th, '10, 05:03

triple yay! shun has a new drama. a definite must watch on my list! eagerly anticipating. :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 14th, '10, 11:40

seirin wrote: curly is his natural hair. He used to have it straight until his dad shaved off his hair. After his hair regrew again, it was all curly and he couldn't do anything about it.
Hai Hai, ofc I know, he's talked about it often enough ;) and I even like it naturally curly style but in the promo pic he used lots of wax and emphasized them...just stated it's not my favourite look of his ;)

Whenever I think about Nari and Shun this pic comes up in my mind:

Last edited by arakira on Sep 14th, '10, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 14th, '10, 13:13

arakira wrote:
seirin wrote: Whenever I think about Nari and Shun this pic comes up in my mind:

What a picture to start my morning with :goggle: Is this from a drama?

Sasorika

Post by Sasorika » Sep 14th, '10, 13:26

never2muchcoffee wrote:
arakira wrote:
seirin wrote: Whenever I think about Nari and Shun this pic comes up in my mind:

What a picture to start my morning with :goggle: Is this from a drama?
That is from Romeo and Juliet I guess. They both acted in this in theatre :D I saw only few minutes but I was really enjoying Nari like a girl, just awesome :cheers:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 14th, '10, 14:55

Close, it is Shakespeare's As You Like It.
Nari is really good as a girl - and no, not because I am into yaoi but because he managed to make me forget he's a guy while watching.Those two have a great chemistry and they were hilarious in this play. You can watch the wedding scene here
Warning: may cause heavy nosebleed :D

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 14th, '10, 15:20

Holy s***
They kissed!!!

akiralicious

Post by akiralicious » Sep 14th, '10, 17:31

while i am, too, interested to see oguri shun, inoue mao and narimiya hiroki acting together, i'm more excited to see suda masaki, LOL.
Rikayla wrote:http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/ ... 1-40fe.jpg
updated character map!

:)
is it okay to use this scan for translation? will credit :)

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Sep 16th, '10, 06:01

^ If you use it, please credit http://s15.zetaboards.com/mao_inoue/index/ because that's where I got the character map scan from :)

akiralicious

Post by akiralicious » Sep 16th, '10, 06:15

^ will do. thanks a lot! :D

Immortal_Angel

Post by Immortal_Angel » Sep 17th, '10, 16:35

NEW PHOTOS

Please credit me if taken out

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 17th, '10, 16:56

Shun looks like such an adult now, though the amount of hair product in these photos is a little disconcerting! I'm looking forward to this one even though I have no idea what to expect of the plot/screenwriting (it's probably not something I would try were it not for Shun.)

micellemarkes

Post by micellemarkes » Sep 22nd, '10, 12:46

a cast this great is too good to pass up. I will be waiting patiently for this. :D

I must agree, there's too much hair product used. Shun still looks cool anyway. :mrgreen:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Sep 25th, '10, 18:39

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Sep 26th, '10, 20:27

I am extremely excited for this one...it's so interesting to see Shun looking so grown up. I guess part of me always sees him as Hanazawa Rui. Haha! Seeing he and Mao paired together again though I have high hopes that this show will be good. :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 8th, '10, 20:54

I'm looking forward to this drama! :-)

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Oct 9th, '10, 23:43

I'm looking forward to this for Nari. He's definately one of my favourite Jdrama actors.

I watched that clip from As You Like It, I think that's the most I've ever seen Shun smile in any role.

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Oct 17th, '10, 03:50

aylarox

Post by aylarox » Oct 18th, '10, 04:38

the drama has already started. :D is there any plans on providing torrents for this one? i just checked and there isn't one yet. i hope there will be.

micellemarkes

Post by micellemarkes » Oct 18th, '10, 05:52

yay. torrent for the first episode is already posted. :cheers:

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 18th, '10, 11:24

1080p coming soon. :P

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Oct 19th, '10, 15:29

Finished watching ep1.

It was really good. All the main characters likable even thought I don't particularly like their hair styles and fashion here. :(

I'm glad they decide to do a drama about vets. It's refreshing. Filming with animals and kids is not an easy thing to do and here they have both hahaha

The kid and the cat almost made me cry. T-T

The series point out some issues I've never thought about and I'm sure watching this will make people think. Like why do we assume pet hospital fee should be cheaper than that of human's?
Why do we assume vets to be able to handle every kind of animals while we're ok with doctors specialized in specific parts of human body and human is only one specie compared to numerous species there are of other animals. Suing doctors would only force doctors to receive only easy sure-thing cases and abandon all the difficult cases. etc etc.

It's a very heavy drama despite the disney-ish name "Dolittle".
Hope people will tune in for the main actors though.

Having said that, I myself might now follow this series because really I wanna see Shun in a better-looking role. >_<Same>_<
Yeah call me shallow ^^;;

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 20th, '10, 10:45

I like the first episode a lot too, especially Inoue Mao's acting. Oguri Shun was great too, even if he looks pretty ordinary. I was impressed how they made it into a serious drama with quite a few dramatic moments. Discussion of ethical issues involved made me think too.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 21st, '10, 17:07

First ep wasn't bad. I also liked the serious parts but then I found some aspects were pretty manga like and I hope they'll manage to keep a balance and also I hope to see some real story development. Excited how this one will turn out.
Haha and I still can't get used to Shun's look. Gomene Shunkun, I'll have my eyes rest on Nari for this one :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 21st, '10, 17:38

watching this one too. it's so refreshing to see Shun and Mao again together after HYD. they do have such great chemistry next to each other. and Nari's presence is always a plus sign.
ep1 was goof enough. this would be the drama that takes away the heaviness of other darker themed dramas in these season like Guilty and Nagareboshi. well, i hope so.
and Shun just looks so dashing :wub:

this season i am totally gone Japanese. following 5 drama each week won't easy. :mrgreen: :

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 23rd, '10, 03:41

I'm like the only one who apparently thinks the first episode was terrible. I'm mainly watching it for Mao , I have a on/off relationship with with Oguri Shun.

I just , it was so boring. I ended up skipping some parts because his character seems to be too much of a busybody. I can't imagine if he was to come across an owner issue like rape/domestic abuse or anything else.

I had different expectations for this show, I was instantly on the boat to watch it for Mao , but I don't think even she can make me keep watching if ep2 doesn't make me somewhat interested.

tringo

Post by tringo » Oct 23rd, '10, 16:36

Well, I probably will give the second episode a try also, but if it doesn't get better I'll give up. Is it just me or is it sometimes like the actors are waiting for a "go" ..for example like they don't react quickly enough to the the other actors line... Well its always fun to see a show with that many animals at once, since they probably had a hell trying to get the animals to to what they want. It's almost as you can see the actors skip out of characters sometimes when the animals do something unexpected, which might actually make the show fun to watch... :)

sorry for my rambling ;)

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » Oct 24th, '10, 14:01

I liked the first episode and I welcome Shun's hairstyle because its so different and I think it suits his character. I'm also happy to see Mao again because she's one of my favourite actresses and naturally, Narimiya being in the mix is good too. I think cause I'm such a big softie when it comes to animals, I'll be closely watching this one.

Uwahh~! The kitty was so cute. :D

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Oct 24th, '10, 16:23

The theme song is sung by Oda Kazumasa!? THIS IS A MUST-WATCH! :p

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 26th, '10, 02:12

Watching first eepy now.. I think/can tell Shun's character/attitude is based off the original Dolittle (which is why I'm guessing it's called Juui Dolittle) Was reading about the origin of Dolittle since I knew it came out before Eddie Murphy was born (someone mentioned that the title was too Disney but Murphy's Dolittle and the original fictional Dolittle are completely different. Only thing that's the same is they can talk/understand animals)

I think it's ok so far. I actually forget that Mao and Shun acted in Hana Yori Dango (I don't think that show is all that great like people make it out to be....) so it gets forgotten in my memory a lot lol. But I like seeing former co-stars and actors reuniting again... it's pretty cool.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Oct 26th, '10, 02:36

To be honest
the story isn't all THAT GREAT by itself. from the 1st epi itself, i can see how the same formula will be used again and again, like all these people will first go the bigshot hospital, then to the celebrity vet, and alas, they have no choice but to turn to Doolittle because he's the best out of the lot, and whether you like it or not, he charges crazy and not the most pleasant vet in the world. But still, he's the best.

However, I'm gonna watch this till the end for the sake of the animals. I'm a hopeless animal lover (especially horses) so when they used horse in the 1st epi, i was happy. And one of my dreams was to become a vet when I was younger.

Other than that, I think Oguri fits the role quite well, and Mao lights up the screen everytime she appears, and it's funny how she was kinda tricked (or not) into being his helper.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 26th, '10, 05:44

avieamber wrote:To be honest
the story isn't all THAT GREAT by itself. from the 1st epi itself, i can see how the same formula will be used again and again, like all these people will first go the bigshot hospital, then to the celebrity vet, and alas, they have no choice but to turn to Doolittle because he's the best out of the lot, and whether you like it or not, he charges crazy and not the most pleasant vet in the world. But still, he's the best.

However, I'm gonna watch this till the end for the sake of the animals. I'm a hopeless animal lover (especially horses) so when they used horse in the 1st epi, i was happy. And one of my dreams was to become a vet when I was younger.

Other than that, I think Oguri fits the role quite well, and Mao lights up the screen everytime she appears, and it's funny how she was kinda tricked (or not) into being his helper.

Yeah I know what you mean... I kinda got that feeling with um Unubore, Gokusen, Voice and well, other dramas... It has that same kinda formula and repetition until the final two episodes are like... THE BIG ONES! Honestly, I really didn't know what direction Unubore was going... like what was its destination to its ending since every episode was like its previous. So for a lot of jDramas, I kinda expect that formula. With that being said, I see if the plot is worth spending time watching and investing and I think this is kinda worth it. The characters and acting isn't bad and the genre isn't bad either so it really doesn't have any negatives in my book... so far lol. And I do like Mao in this. A relaxing character.... strange enough though, she seems very manga-ish But still refreshing.
I think it's weird that Hiroki actually looks younger here than he did in Yankee-kun lol But he's still a sexy hottie!

xploring

Post by xploring » Oct 26th, '10, 08:51

Watched the second episode today and I like the two human stories involving the pet owner/keeper in this episode. The backstory with Hanabishi was nicely woven in too. It's a bit sugar-coated and not very original but I enjoyed it. Mao-chan was a joy to watch although
the scene with her drowning was quite laughable.
Cute kid and puppy in next episode. ^^

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Oct 28th, '10, 02:10

" from the 1st epi itself, i can see how the same formula will be used again and again"
You just described 75% of all J-drama ;)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 29th, '10, 21:44

Aw... watching eppy 2....

Man: "Will I do, Torakichi?"

Torakichi: "Nyaooo"

I was like "AWWWW!" Made me all sad... and made me remember when I found out my cat had pyometra and how devastated and sad and worried I was. (this was like... 4 months ago too) But trying to find a vet to do the operation was no joke... Those different prices (I must have called 7-10 different places) And they all just varied. I know it's a business, but I myself can't afford to get hurt (I have no insurance and my mom tell me over again 'Don't get hurt... we can't pay for your funeral" lol) I was ready to ask around for money from different people and use my savings up... but it's good to call around and find cheaper prices ^_^

But yeah... touching episode and my cat is right next to me tooo ;_;

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 29th, '10, 22:26

Haha, Oguri Shun looks old as hell in this one! :) But I've always liked everything he has done, so for me it's not about his looks. I think this role isn't anything spectacular, but his acting is steady as always. I do wonder if there is something behind his "being a vet is a business" stuff. Is he saving money? Giving it to charity? I doubt he's just hungry for money or something, since his clinic and lifestyle seems so modest.

I think the first episode was ok, but the cat storyline drove me crazy! I've never heard of owners taking their comatose (or whatever) pets to their homes. Usually the animal needs to be healthy(-ish) to be let home. I find the whole "take him home, speak to him every day and he'll regain conciousness" thing just plain crazy! Of course I know nothing about vetting, but to me it sounded stupid.

For some reason I've never liked Narimiya, but surprisingly I find him likable in this one. I'm sure I'll keep following this one unless it becomes really ridiculous. Formulaic dramas have never really been a problem for me (except for Gokusen 2, since the drama is just annoying and not worth watching if there is no yummy guys in it, haha).

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Oct 30th, '10, 02:43

Oh Man ..i gotta start watching this I'm missing out :cry:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 31st, '10, 20:28

It's official, for me anyways.

This drama had so much potential , but that was flushed down the toilet. I can't make it to the end of episode 2 before not caring. Sucks, because I love Mao and Shun is ok , but this drama is complete crap imo. D:

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 5th, '10, 13:18

I was considering watching this series but now after reading the comments I am doubtful lol.

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 5th, '10, 16:54

I enjoy it :-)

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Nov 5th, '10, 16:56

The most interesting part of the first episode might have been Narimiya driving a Ferrari. XD I got a little over halfway through the episode, then had to go pick someone up from work... and haven't gone back. The show wasn't objectionable, or even bad, I just found it dull.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 5th, '10, 17:21

Unfortunately it is a bit boring... :( But it's not too bad, like, it doesn't suck, but it's nothing special either. Which is a shame. I wanted Shun's drama to be something good, since I hadn't seen him in a while. I'm hoping it will get better as the story progresses and we learn more about the characters.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 5th, '10, 19:16

Like others before me, dropped halfway through 2nd ep. I didn't expect much from this drama but they did manage to completely waste those 3 actors' talent...the dullest show this season...^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 5th, '10, 19:32

Same here. Dropped mid ep2 too. Don't know what did I really expected from this drama
But name of three cast made it very promising to me. I thought ep1 was ok but did not think that would be all to it's story. How I wish to see this cast in one solid based story and drama.

Cuteholic

Post by Cuteholic » Nov 5th, '10, 20:03

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the casting does increase one's expectations. Maybe I will check out a couple of episodes and see if I feel like watching it.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Nov 7th, '10, 05:45

Ngl, I expected a lot more from the drama too, and didn't like episode 1 or 2 that much - they seemed awkward and didn't have much flow to the episodes, but I'm in the middle of episode 3 right now and I really like it! There is a lot more character interaction, and I feel it's more believable? It's like they got all the introductions and awkwardness of dealing with pets at the beginning, and finally they're working with more relatable animals (a dog, a ferret and a hamster), that make it more enjoyable. :)

Plus, they're finally incorporating more of the antagonists in the story.

And I really like Mao Inoue's acting. It's tamer than her usual roles and she does this funny high-pitched voice throughout her acting, so it's something different from her usual typecasted roles, which I really like.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 7th, '10, 08:10

I didn't think the story was that bad. I saw up to ep 2 and so far it's enjoyable. It depends if you like controversial dramas. It seems a bit unbelievable. I'm not sure if vets use such innovative equipment on pets. They equipment looks similar to those you would see in a hospital I think. If pets are considered like humans and vets are prone to law suits, then I think Julittle has the right to charge such high prices. Especially with his skills. His equipment looks expensive too. He also needs to buy medication. If a human needs an operation at a hospital, it wouldn't be any cheaper. I see it as a test to see how much value you put into your pet. Do you consider your pet as family or just an animal unworthy for you to heal? If that is the case, the pet is better of dead.

Many owners treat pets as their children and would do anything to save them. Some treat them like animals like harming or putting them to sleep is okay. It's not a big deal. They would rather do that then spend the money to cure them. I can understand both sides, since I think people who spend so much money on their pets must be crazy, but on the other hand, people who don't treat their pets so preciously may not deserve to own one? Taking care of a pet is a big responsibility. Many owners shirk responsibilities like leaving dogs in the car in the heat or freezing cold, don't pick up their feces when they crap in public, leaving dogs locked up at home, etc.

I don't consider Julittle such a cold-hearted person. He healed the animals that got hurt in the park. Someone's gotta fund that and it's coming out of his pocket. He's pretty eccentric though. Overall, I wouldn't say this is an amazing drama, but it's watchable.

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Nov 7th, '10, 18:47

seirin wrote: It seems a bit unbelievable. I'm not sure if vets use such innovative equipment on pets. They equipment looks similar to those you would see in a hospital I think.
At least in the US, vets have access to cutting edge technology that in some cases is still in the process of being approved for use on humans. There was a radio segment all about veterinarians in the US in which a race horse vet talked about how her practice used all the newest equipment available for medical doctors, plus some experimental treatments and equipment. If the experimental treatments and equipment worked on horses, then it might go on to be tested for human use.

I'm sure that most vets don't have the money to buy absolutely top of the line equipment, but yes, vets have access to all the same stuff human doctors use, plus some. :) After all, they are performing surgeries! I imagine it's safer for all involved if they use the best tools they can.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 7th, '10, 23:02

^^ It's interesting you two say that because in the show, they say Japan is behind with the technology in vet. but their stuff look so high-tech so I don't wanan see how Europe stuff might look like lol.

But yeah, I kinda get the gist of the "how much you value your pet" thing and people who were in the different episodes think a vet should just naturally want to save an animal's life and not charge so much. (or anything at all) But I wonder though.... is there such a thing as pet insurance? (I dunno how insurance work in Japan, and I don't know if they have in the US....) because that will surely be easier to take care of a pet. And actually, I was thinking throughout the episodes... "Well.. that's a big sum... they can't make monthly payments?" So I'm happy he accepts monthly payments because not just everyone has $3000 or $10,000 laying around. And if I'm trying not to get hurt or sick myself (no insurance) then I definitely can't afford for my baby Yuki to ;_;

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 7th, '10, 23:58

«minah» wrote:^^ It's interesting you two say that because in the show, they say Japan is behind with the technology in vet. but their stuff look so high-tech so I don't wanan see how Europe stuff might look like lol.
Japan probably is behind in technology? Judging by the way how everyone goes to the famous or big vets first before going to Julittle and finding he charges an arm and a leg, he probably spent way more than the other vets do on equipment. He doesn't do a half ass job. Sure he charges a lot, but you have a choice of other vets. If you need his expertise and equipment that nobody can provide, then you pay the fee. Equipment, skill and medicine don't come for cheap. Even European or US vets wouldn't treat a rare case because it's difficult and they are liable to be sued. But he takes on the risk. At least he's willing instead of letting the pet die. It just depends if the owners have the cash to fork out.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 8th, '10, 05:07

I'm only going by what they were saying in the show. Something like in the vet world, they're like behind compared to Europe. Like, I'm not trying to say Japan is (because I dunno how they are... but I dunno much about vet stuff though) but just only going by what the I was watching... I dunno.. feels like you're disagreeing with me or something I dunno. Was only going by what they said in the drama >_<

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 9th, '10, 02:17

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think Japan probably is behind. But from Julittle's gadgets, he might be on top of things. He's even doing surgeries other vets around the world refuse to do. Hence his high medical costs/charges

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 9th, '10, 02:36

Ah ok ^_^ Yeah. I also think he's just plainly, highly skilled and really confident. Someone can have all the high-tech stuff, but if you don't think you can do it... then what's the point? Because it is a job, so yeah... he needs to be able to do the job he went to school for.

I actually like his attitude. It gives people a wake-up call ^_^

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Nov 9th, '10, 18:16

I hate to sound like one of those people who want vids and subs immediately, but I was wondering where episode 4 is. The other 3 raws were posted by Monday, so it makes me wonder if ep 4 didn't air this past Sunday or if something else is preventing the raw from being posted.

slaw

Post by slaw » Nov 9th, '10, 18:45

It didn't air. Fifth part of "99nen no Ai" special aired at that time.

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Nov 9th, '10, 19:28

Okay, thanks!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 20th, '10, 05:17

I think eppy 4 was sad (but still good.) But favorite aspect of this episode is:
When the Chairman was confronted by his dad. I like that this was done in this series because even when people are older.. and successful in their lives parents always have that power over you to make you feel low and sad. It reminded me of an event that happened with my mom and grandmom. My mom usually won't have anyone insult her but when my grandmom said negative things about her, it made her cry on our way home. Just how parents approvals and respect can take a lifetime to get. So it affected me in a personal way (so yeah... I guess it's kinda weird and not really important to others) But I liked the father/daughter moment. ALMOST made me cry... almost, but didn't lol.

Guess not many people aren't feeling this show anymore >_<?

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Nov 20th, '10, 06:03

Personally, I'm enjoying the show. I like the vet aspect, partly because my daughter is in college studying to be a vet. I'm not saying it's the best drama I've ever watched, not by a long shot, but it's definitely not bad, at least in my opinion :)

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 21st, '10, 14:47

Just watched episode 4, another good episode with a nice human story, although nothing groundbreaking of course. I enjoyed it, and the rabbit was cute too. :)

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 22nd, '10, 23:25

Episode 5 was really good. There were a couple of very moving scenes, with excellent performances all round to help make the human stories engaging/absorbing viewing. The guest stars cast list has been pretty impressive too.

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 24th, '10, 16:30

Sure this series is nothing mindblowing, and it's not that well written (the story is just progressing by (often) unbelievable coincidences) bla bla bla... but I like it :-) It's nice to sit down with an ep of dolittle and just relax ^^

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 25th, '10, 00:08

I'm still sticking with it, and even tho it's not life-altering or anything, I think it's still pretty good. It's still a shame that they have this great cast, but no great drama to use it in. :(
Shun actually managed to look hot in ep 4, standing all emo in the rain. And the rabbit was so cute, I want one! I think the scene where it stamped the floor was woah! so well made.

hiroshi

Post by hiroshi » Nov 30th, '10, 05:34

Thanks very much to the Heiwa Fansub for picking up this drama and doing top rate work, as usual, on the subs. otsukaresama desu!

This is turning out to be a pretty good series, with things shaping up nicely for the remainder of the drama. I'm liking it.

xploring

Post by xploring » Dec 8th, '10, 05:14

Just watched episode 7, the end made me tear up a bit. Very surprised that the next episode will be the last, felt like there are a lot more story to tell with the 3 main characters. Have been looking forward to it every week, will miss it when it's over. I like Inoue Mao very much in this.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Dec 12th, '10, 03:17

I thought episode 5 was really good actually! I liked seeing the subplot about Oguri's ex-girlfriend.
And now the whole corporation medical centre subplot is creepier. That old man antagonist freaks me out ngl.
His stares (especially during the whole blackmailing) made me really hate him.

Mao's pajamas in episode 6 are so cute omg. And her expression when she got that letter from the Junpei boy. SO CUTE!

I can't believe it's ending already either :(
I was expecting at least 9 episodes, but I guess the ratings aren't good enough for them to continue? =/