[TwDrama] Down With Love (GTV, 2009)

Post by XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX » May 30th, '09, 17:29

Title: 就想賴著妳 / Jiu Xiang Lai Zhe Ni
English title: Down With Love
Also known as: Just Want to Depend on You / Stick with You
Genre: Romance
Broadcast network: GTV

Synopsis:
Jerry Yan will play a lawyer who is good at divorce and inheritance lawsuits, who is very cool, smart, sharp tongued, and cold. Ella Chen plays the role of a nanny of two children.

Cast:
Jerry Yan as Xiang Yu Ping (項羽平)
Ella Chen as Yang Guo (楊果)
Xiao Xian (小嫻)
Gu Bao Ming
Michael Zhang

Subbers:
DoReMii
Blog: http://doremiiscale.blogspot.com/
Last edited by XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX on Jun 13th, '09, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.

Ran_Shidou

Post by Ran_Shidou » Jun 5th, '09, 23:27

Jerry and Ella together is wonderful!!!!
I love it!

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Jun 6th, '09, 02:05

sounds great. when does it begin?

meteorjc
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meteorjc » Jun 6th, '09, 02:12

interesting,...can't wait =)

XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX

Post by XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX » Jun 6th, '09, 02:37

Lucille wrote:sounds great. when does it begin?
The air date is unknown for right now. But it might air in 2009 hopefully.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jul 12th, '09, 18:07

Can't wait for this Drama!
I want to join the subbing team ^^

clarissann

Post by clarissann » Aug 13th, '09, 23:45

wow. i can't wait for this! it looks so interesting. i hope this will air soon! ella and jerry! :D

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Aug 30th, '09, 03:25

still no info about the release date? : (

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 30th, '09, 07:50

No. They are way behind schedule filming so they aren't even slated to finish filming until sometime in September.

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 27th, '09, 14:50

I'm really looking forward to this drama. :w00t:

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Oct 12th, '09, 07:47

I'll check this out when it comes out.

bitt_ping

Post by bitt_ping » Oct 15th, '09, 09:35

It's seem a great drama....

Wait for Jerry and Ella's Chemistry on that drama.... ^^

This drama will air on January 2010, will it?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 15th, '09, 16:04

Yes, the info that's being released so far seems to say it will be airing on January 16th.

kongkoks

Post by kongkoks » Dec 11th, '09, 14:00

Jerry and Ella

I Love You

ikelvin

Re: [TwDrama] Down With Love (GTV, 2009)

Post by ikelvin » Feb 23rd, '10, 05:46

XxAzNxXxPoWeRxX wrote:Image

Title: 就想賴著妳 / Jiu Xiang Lai Zhe Ni
English title: Down With Love
Also known as: Just Want to Depend on You / Stick with You
Genre: Romance
Broadcast network: GTV

Synopsis:
Jerry Yan will play a lawyer who is good at divorce and inheritance lawsuits, who is very cool, smart, sharp tongued, and cold. Ella Chen plays the role of a nanny of two children.

Cast:
Jerry Yan as Xiang Yu Ping (項羽平)
Ella Chen as Yang Guo (楊果)
Xiao Xian (小嫻)
Gu Bao Ming
Michael Zhang

Subbers:
DoReMii
Blog: http://doremiiscale.blogspot.com/

Full series is out !!! ( ep1 - 28 ) i heard there is a complete full ending with wedding which will only be show in
the TV series. but if you cant wait, can watch from the link above

dramathons

Post by dramathons » Feb 28th, '10, 15:35

Where can I download the whole series for Down With Love?

I've seen it already on youtube but would like to know where to dl.

Thanks!

johndisaster

Re: [TwDrama] Down With Love (GTV, 2009)

Post by johndisaster » Mar 21st, '10, 02:56

excellent!

meteorjc
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meteorjc » Mar 31st, '10, 09:46

does anyone have the ost to this CUTE drama,....if do please link me :D

Thanks in advance :)

jessyj

Post by jessyj » May 9th, '10, 14:07

meteorjc wrote:does anyone have the ost to this CUTE drama,....if do please link me :D

Thanks in advance :)
): i dont think the proper OST has been released yet
need to do a bit more waiting ><

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » May 17th, '10, 07:15

You can get the OST on my site by clicking on my siggy below. You need to register and login.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 17th, '10, 12:31

I’m at episode 12 now and I’m very surprised how much I like this drama and Ella & Jerry in it! :thumleft: I find the drama surprisingly nice with quite cute leading characters. I wonder why there are only few posts.

Let me tell you I was sceptical that I could enjoy it, because I saw both Ella and Jerry only once before and I didn’t like either of them at all. It’s true it was partly caused by them, because they had to act very unattractive and lame characters, but that time they acted horrible too.
I couldn’t stand Ella’s overacting and her annoying character in Hana Kimi (but I hate the character in the manga as well). I felt it was mostly because of her that I was disappointed in that drama, but now I’m not so sure. And although I didn’t dislike Jerry because of his no acting in Meteor Garden, I didn’t like him either.
I couldn’t help but think that these two actors were bad therefore I would get some worse things if they played together. I can’t help it, but still, I know it was very mean from me. I was even more spiteful when I started watching this drama only because of confirming my silly thoughts.

But after the first episode I could see with this drama they would be different. They are much better. As I have been watching more and more episodes, I came to realize how unfair I had been with them. I truthfully apologize for my thoughts. I was badly biased against them, when I myself hate others doing this. I’m sorry.
Honestly, I'm very surprised and delighted at their changing. Ella is still overacting and Jerry still can’t act so well, but their acting skills improved a lot. They did a great job in vivifying so cute leading characters. These were predestined to be lovely, but they became attractive thank to Ella and Jerry. They made me interested in this drama very much. I always have a great time when I watch it so I must thank them.

There are some irritating facial expressions from Ella, some annoying scenes and turns in the story, and the characters are unreal a bit, but it's okay and in general it's a light, kind, really nice script.
Others said it was draggy. We can say so, but for some reason I don't mind this kind of dragging at all. I'm really enjoying it even now.

I hope nothing will be ruined in the last episodes. If they don't disappont me, I will definitely burn it to dvd. :-) (but for me, they still can't compete to my all time favourite Vic Zhou and his dramas. :w00t:)

tasteofshapes

Post by tasteofshapes » Aug 23rd, '10, 09:10

does anyone know exactly how many episodes this drama has in total? i read on the dramawiki page that it has 16 episodes, but on streaming sites it lists up to 28 episodes. what's with the discrepency?

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 23rd, '10, 09:36

I've watched the total drama in 16 eps. I have no idea why they wrote about 28 episodes.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 24th, '10, 07:24

I've just finished watching the first two episodes
May I just say it was awesome? It was AWESOME. It has rekindled a certain spark in me where I just want to watch Taiwanese shows over again and again. I'm really more of a Taiwanese fan than other asian shows, and Down With Love has proved to me why I am.

I especially enjoy Jerry and Ella's interaction. They have chemistry and it is awesome. I've missed Jerry Yan ever since the last I've watched from him was Hot Shot, and I didn't get to finish it because... well life got a hold of me and shook me around, but I will definitely finish this Down With Love. But I'm waiting patiently for Doremii's subs for it.

First episode was nice because it showed a great background build-up to who everyone is. I love Ella's old mansion and I love how adorable those little kids are. Having just watched Personal Taste (Korean) it seems DWL was a great follow-up to watch for me. Ella is believable as tomboy/girly boy because she can really play the part. I also think she's much prettier here than she was in Hana Kimi. Dude, I love her hair... and the fact that there's always this stray hair standing at the side, it's so cute.

Second Episode, with the introduction of Hui Fan, I was like... she got so angry at finding out that Xu Ping was sleeping next to Yang Guo and then she breaks up with him just like that? I really don't understand. Which goes to show that I'm already emotionally involved into the show, which is a good thing. It's awesome really. Also the after nightmare scene where Yang Guo teaches the kid how to banish monsters, that was just too cute to handle!

OST is awesome too.

Ah I love this series already.
Can't wait to watch the rest... and you know... I'll probably post what I think of it here... because I like doing that. Hahahahaha

aility

Post by aility » Sep 24th, '10, 07:30

Oh Jana, Down with Love is SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Jerry is SUPERCUTE!!!!!!! His dimples *Swoon* I fell in love with him all over again because of this show!

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 24th, '10, 07:35

I KNOW!

I soooooo missed him ever since Hot Shot, and I was so glad that there was just something new to watch from him. I was supposed to wait until Doremii has released all of the episodes... just so you know I could control myself for it...

BUT I COULDN'T.

Down With Love is FLUFF AT IT'S BEST

I love it. Hahahahaha

Expect to hear more from me soon regarding this drama. Hehehehehe :)

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 24th, '10, 18:12

Into Episode 3
OH MAY GAWSH, can a man have a nice smile or what? Everytime he smiles I just melt. Like completely. The great parts of this episode include, but are totally not limited to: When Yang Guo started talking to Yu Ping at the hospital thinking he was still asleep. The way he was trying to stop from smiling was just so adorable. Man if that man was sleeping in front of me, I'd so trace the figures of his face too. Allow me to fangirl: kyaaaa~ I also totally liked the fact that he's already started having feelings for Yang Guo. I want him to pine. I really would.

The thugs... are actually kind of funny. Especially when they were trying to scare Yu Ping with their muscles. Hilarious...

Now the bomb thing... I think Yu Ping was just violated by Yang Guo. Talk about a weirdest way of making out. Hahahaha, though I did like their hug right after. That was nice...

And when they were telling the story of how Yang Guo saved Yu Ping's life, that was just effing hilarious. Like seriously completely hilarious. With Yang Guo blowing the bomb away and their laugh together? Priceless!

Also, how adorable is it really that Yu Ping cannot seem to watch scary movies? Clutching a pillow like that. I just want to squeeze him into a little bits and pieces. And the way he wouldn't look at the tv? MAN, that was just so adorable.
Overall it was a really awesome episode :)

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 28th, '10, 05:16

janajee wrote:Into Episode 3
OH MAY GAWSH, can a man have a nice smile or what? Everytime he smiles I just melt. Like completely. The great parts of this episode include, but are totally not limited to: When Yang Guo started talking to Yu Ping at the hospital thinking he was still asleep. The way he was trying to stop from smiling was just so adorable. Man if that man was sleeping in front of me, I'd so trace the figures of his face too. Allow me to fangirl: kyaaaa~ I also totally liked the fact that he's already started having feelings for Yang Guo. I want him to pine. I really would.

The thugs... are actually kind of funny. Especially when they were trying to scare Yu Ping with their muscles. Hilarious...

Now the bomb thing... I think Yu Ping was just violated by Yang Guo. Talk about a weirdest way of making out. Hahahaha, though I did like their hug right after. That was nice...

And when they were telling the story of how Yang Guo saved Yu Ping's life, that was just effing hilarious. Like seriously completely hilarious. With Yang Guo blowing the bomb away and their laugh together? Priceless!

Also, how adorable is it really that Yu Ping cannot seem to watch scary movies? Clutching a pillow like that. I just want to squeeze him into a little bits and pieces. And the way he wouldn't look at the tv? MAN, that was just so adorable.
Overall it was a really awesome episode :)
Wouldn't we all? I've known of Jerry for a long time because of his music and general publicity, but this was actually the first drama I saw him in. He's really adorable in this, and while some of the storyline irritated me (a couple of the characters just act so immaturely for being adults) I did appreciate that Yu Ping was not as dumb as a lot of characters in romantic dramas who believe anything they're told or overhear even if it's totally ridiculous. (And he's an attorney who's depicted as being a good guy, and as an attorney I always like it when the attorney in the story isn't the big jerk :P) They handled the playing gay plotline pretty well, but Ella's pretty good at that type of role.

And how totally crazy adorable is Xiao Xiao Bin? I want one!

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 28th, '10, 06:03

Meteor Garden was where I first saw Jerry, even though I was... about several years late from everyone else... then Hot Shot, didn't get to finish it though, and then now here with Down With Love, and I must say he's my favorite here. I absolutely adore the fact that he can twist his face any which way, and it's always so adorable...
I especially like this scene in Episode 5, where he was asking Yang Duo about what happened to him and Yang Guo, and her pretending to be gay and all. How he's so obviously happy when he realized that there was a slight possibility that she liked him? That was just one of the most precious moments ever... Also, when he started seeing things, and imagined Guo as the David statue. Hahahaha, I love that.
Me thinks... that I'm more of a Taiwanese lover than a Korean one, because the only time I've ever really laughed and enjoyed myself like this when it came to Korean dramas was with You're Beautiful. I just adore shallow fluff with great music and funny sometimes way way overreactions. Hahahaha. I may just be an all out fluff person.

That's why I appreciate the Tawainese drama, well those that I've watched anyway.

As for Down With Love, I haven't met any (too much) immature characters just yet. Hoping that they wouldn't annoy me as much.

Yu Ping is definitely my most favoritest character of them all, except maybe for Xiao Xiao Bin. OH MAY GAWSH, he is the cutest kid ever. I want one too!!!!

And I seem to genuinely like Yang Guo.

Which is rare for me... but we'll see, we'll see, I'm only into Episode 5. I'm trying to slow it down because I really don't want to have to watch in youtube... and I want to wait patiently for DoReMii's release......... that's why I have to pace myself. Hahahaha :)

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 28th, '10, 06:56

@Janajee,
I've watched it on Viikii with subs...:) If you''d be so impatient... :whistling: There's not much difference from youtube... :lol but I just couldn't wait...

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 28th, '10, 07:43

Unfortunately, it seems that viikii seems to hate me. Hahahaha, but I will give it a shot if I really cannot wait, because so far it seems that this drama is just one of those that will completely enter my re-watch and repeat over and over again files. I just can't get over the fact that Yu Ping is just one of the most adorable guys I have ever met. He's just... so well-done. I like the fact that he seems to
genuinely like Yang Guo... and that he isn't all no it's impossible... completely impossible... denial mode like most leads in romantic dramas... and I'm glad as foxtoast said that there might not be this whole... overheard something or said something that was completely not true... and was believed by EVERYONE and everyone couldn't get together because of it... I mean... I'm okay with that... it's just... it gets overplayed... and I don't know, I hope - it's okay to spoil me, I really don't mind spoilers - it doesn't happen here
Ah Yu Ping, Yu Ping, if you were real person, I'd marry you in a heartbeat. Hahahaha

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 28th, '10, 12:42

I don't really remember what exactly happened in the story. I only know I was very glad that
the irritating-and-trouble-to-be characters, I mean especially that bi***, and then someone else :whistling: couldn't make me too mad and didn't cause troubles for so long.
I wasn't disappointed until the few last eps, but this had nothing to do what we're talking about with, it's just me. For some reason I didn't like the ending as much as I did the rest of the drama. :roll

Regarding Yu Ping... If you already like him this much, I promise you're going to crazy about him XD you're going to love him more and more :lol 'cause he's getting cuter, more and more caring and cuter and funnier and cuter!! :wub: :lol My only love will be Vic Zhou :wub: :heart: :wub: and all of His characters :wub: XD forever, but I must say I do love Jerry in this series! :thumleft:

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 28th, '10, 13:30

Alright alright :)

I'm actually WAY looking forward to it now.

As long as it's a happy ending, I don't really mind what happens. Hahahaha, especially if the general episodes have this much fun contained in it.

And Yu Ping being MORE adorable? Oh baby, my fire has been fueled, I have to finish at least two episodes tonight... noooo, this would so mess up my schedule... but I need more Jerry Yan as Yu Ping. Aaaaah, conflict conflict. XD

Hahahahaah

Regarding Vic Zhou, wasn't he with Jerry in Meteor Garden too? The guy with glasses right? Or was it someone completely different? And that I'm making a fool of myself at this moment even bringing that up? Hahahahaha.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 28th, '10, 13:58

janajee wrote: And Yu Ping being MORE adorable? Oh baby, my fire has been fueled, I have to finish at least two episodes tonight... noooo, this would so mess up my schedule... but I need more Jerry Yan as Yu Ping. Aaaaah, conflict conflict. XD

Hahahahaah

Regarding Vic Zhou, wasn't he with Jerry in Meteor Garden too? The guy with glasses right? Or was it someone completely different? And that I'm making a fool of myself at this moment even bringing that up? Hahahahaha.
That’s why I needed viikii so badly too…. XD XD

Yes, Vic Zhou also was in Meteor Garden as a member of the famous F4, but he didn’t act in Down With Love, and he definitely didn’t and doesn’t wear any glasses. :lol I mentioned him, cause he’s in the Taiwanese pop group F4 (JVKV) just like Jerry, so I thought you had known him. If you want to know how he looks like, just look at either my avatar or my sigi. XD

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 28th, '10, 17:00

What I liked about the 'believability' is [minor spoiler]
In a later episode Yu Ping overhears Yang Duo talking to Yang Guo's exboyfriend, and Yang Duo tries to cover it up and insists that he was just her beard and that Yang Guo really is gay, and Yu Ping's reaction is yeah, right, I'm not an idiot. I appreciate that; in too many dramas the character just believes that kind of thing so they can have another 10 episodes of keeping the couple apart through a stupid misunderstanding that nobody in the real world would believe, or at the very least wouldn't actually ask the person at issue.
TW dramas are probably my favorite, too, even though Krn and Jp dramas sometimes have higher production values. I'm watching Goong right now (3 eps left) and for a 'romantic comedy' it's really depressing and I've never seen two people in love dislike each other so much. Down with Love is like the complete opposite. It's total fluff and pretty cheesy, but it's cute, and I really liked seeing a male m.c. who is open (at least to himself at first) and sweet and uncomplicated about his love for the female m.c. and doesn't treat her like dirt like a Tsukasa-type character sometimes does. Yu Ping is a guy I would totally marry, and I don't say that often about drama characters (doesn't hurt that he's gorgeous, either) :)

Chun/Ella is my fictitious OTP (really wish they would do another series together!) but Jerry/Ella is pretty cute. It's not passionate, but it's... friendly, I guess. Like they're best friends who got married. (I didn't like the last ten minutes of the series because it felt tacked on, and I presume it was because I know they added scenes to make up for the fact that the original cut was leaked online. That's a pretty minor quibble, though.)

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 28th, '10, 17:46

foxtoast wrote:I presume it was because I know they added scenes to make up for the fact that the original cut was leaked online.
I also heard about they had added some scenes to the last episode. Can we watch those somewhere?

Otherwise I forgot to say that I agree with you two about prefering Taiwanese series. I thought I was fond of kdramas, and I'm sure I still like them, but it seems after I saw my first twdrama I'm just not able to leave Taiwan. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 28th, '10, 18:17

I know of the three the Taiwanese dramas are the one most people are all... meh about, but same with you guys, I think I'd rather watch Taiwanese dramas because romantic comedies are actually comedies. You expect comedy and you get comedy, with a lot of romance.They dish what people expect. Also most of my favorite dramas are Taiwanese dramas, like ISWAK, Fated to Love You, etc.

Hehehehe, I love spoilers because it fuels me forward to watch the show. Yay yay yay yay!

Was there any other Chun/Ella drama other than Hana Kimi? Because I'm not sure that I know of any one other than that. Hahahahaha, I think I have a girl crush on Ella though, she seems like she could be such an awesome person. Hehehehe.

As for Vic Zhou, OOOOH! I remember now. You'd have to forgive me, it's been a while since I last watched Meteor Garden so his face for me was a little unclear at first. I do remember thinking that he was such a cutie pit though... along with Vanes.

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 28th, '10, 21:53

gilnis--sorry, I don't know where one could see the leaked/original version. I watched the subs on youtube, which I think are the same as the ones on viikii. It ends
with Yang Guo going into labor at her son's b-day party
I thought the new ending was supposed to be a wedding, but since I haven't seen the other version I'm not sure. I wish someone would pick up the alternate ending for subbing now that the whole series has aired.

janajee--that's why I like them, too. They're comfortably predictable. I end up not finishing some of them because the quality varies, but I usually know what I'm going to get. There are more JP comedies without romance, which I don't like, and Korean ones tend to be more melodramatic and less light-hearted. I'm really only into dramas for the romance and I have an angst limit.

I have a big girl-crush on Ella, too. Whenever I see her in something I just want to give her a big hug and go eat ice cream with her. She comes across as someone I'd like to be friends with and she's cute without being gorgeous or really mature looking so I identify with her characters more. Hana Kimi was the only series she did with Chun, which is why I want them to do more! Now that they're both doing adult roles I'd like to see them in a non-high school romantic comedy in which Ella is a girl the whole time.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 28th, '10, 23:20

foxtoast wrote:I thought the new ending was supposed to be a wedding, but since I haven't seen the other version I'm not sure. I wish someone would pick up the alternate ending for subbing now that the whole series has aired.
I don't remember if I've read something or have watched an interview with Jerry but I'm sure what we've missed is at least the wedding scene. I'm really curious!!

Ella:
I hated both her overacting and her character in Hana Kimi, but I admit they were such a nice couple with Chun, so I'd like to see them together in another show and I'd like to see how she amazes me.. I think she could do it. Down with Love is a good beginning for me. :-)

foxtoast

Post by foxtoast » Sep 28th, '10, 23:55

I didn't like Ella's direction in Hana Kimi, either. She always overacts a little bit (which I'm okay with) but the director of Hana Kimi had her overact a bit too much. But I still think she makes a great couple with Wu Chun.

I know a saw an insert clip during the actual show that had Jerry and Ella mentioning that new scenes were being added to the non-leaked version, but I can't remember where I specifically got the wedding thing from. What's weird is that there's a staged wedding on YouTube that was done for promo purposes, so maybe that's what they meant? The staged thing is odd because Ella isn't even in character, and there's *tons* of press there. It's sort of a surreal RL/fiction crossover. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 29th, '10, 00:35

My angst limit is very small, and I would only watch angsty stuff if I actually like the actor... but other than that, I won't even bother starting...

Well we could hope that DoReMii might get the alternate ending as well, because they seem to like giving goodies to everyone anyway, I can't wait to see that one though... the wedding would have been nice. But I did see pictures of weddings floating around. Would have wanted to see that too :)

Actually I just want see some extra time with Yu Ping.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 30th, '10, 20:32

Thoughts on Episode 6 :) And a little bit about this show called Psych
How awesome is the man named Yu Ping? Really, how awesome is he? He's like the ultimate sweetest little pumpkin ever. He's face was so cute when Guo's dad was telling him how to get a lovelife. It was so so so cute :). I especially appreciate this kind of leading man, because unlike most leading men nowadays, it's just so refreshing to meet a genuinely nice guy,who's so cute and funny and sweet, and adorkable. Kyaaaaaa, I'm so totally fangirling about Yu Ping.

Was expecting the whole father was a dead-beat swindler though. But it's alright, they didn't turn it into a sob-fest too much, and soon I was appreciating the adorkableness of Yu Ping. I can't wait till Guo and Yu Ping are friends again though, because this whole flying off to Mainland thing, is just Psych season finale all over again.

(Psych is my ultimate guilty pleasure, for those who don't know. Shawn, the lead, and Juliet finally kissed after five seasons, but they ended the season finale with Juliet unsure whether to follow Shawn or go on her two week vacation with her beau. A lot of misunderstandings, quite like Yu Ping)

Loved how he looked at the end though, with Ah De, or whatever the name of the ex-boyfriend is. He was all, eye-brow-raised-did-I-just-hear-that-correctly? Awesome ending, which means there's going to be an awesome Episode 7.
@foxtoast
DUDE! You're right, I love his, Yeah-right-I'm-not-an-idiot-face
I want more Yu Ping! Hehehehe

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Oct 1st, '10, 21:23

@Janajee, you're going to do so much more fangirling!! :w00t: I LOVED Yu Ping while
they were in Mainland
but when can we not love him? :lol :wub:
You're so like I was while I was watching it :D and so enthusiastic that you totally make me rewatch it! :lol

PS: Nice signature.. :D

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 1st, '10, 21:55

Really, really?

WAAAAH
I'm still midway through episode 7 because life is controlling and I'm still trying my best not to consume all of my DWL downloads as fast as I actually want to. But so far, I totally love Yu Ping. It's so obvious that he loves Guo that it's driving me crazy. I loved it when he was talking to Yan Ling, trying to catch them admitting that Guo and Ah De dated. His face right there was pure awesome. Hahahaha
DWL is definitely, one of the best Taiwanese dramas ever. And thanks for the like on the signature. Hehehehe, I thought maybe it was time to show my love for Jerry Yan :)

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 8th, '10, 11:38

So... I just finished DWL.

I gave in to using viikii in the end because I just couldn't wait... but but but... I only have one thing to say
IT WAS WAY AWESOME! I've had one of the best rides of my life with that drama. I just couldn't stop. Yu Ping was the most adorable thing ever. I enjoyed it from the beginning till the very end. Even when they got together, Yu Ping was still so cute and endearing. AND THAT KISSING SCENE?! OMO, I think that was just awesome. I also happen to really like that we're left hanging as to whom Yang Duo ends up with. I always used to hate hanging endings, but this left me just right. I would have hated if she ended up with Ke Zhong because Lawyer Liang was so CUTE. But she really didn't like Lawyer Liang at that time so I didn't like how they were dating either. It was a nice ending to leave it like that, me thinks. ALSO, YU PING! YU PING!

And foxtoast, totally agree, the ending seemed kind of rushed to me too. But I still loved it either way
Can't wait to re-watch it all over again :)

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Oct 8th, '10, 12:08

Janajee, hihi.. I've told you, haven't I? :mrgreen: and about viikii too.. just like me...:) I think you couldn't wait so much that it didn't let you post your comments on the episodes.. :mrgreen:

We shouldn't hide it: this drama is awesome! :heart:

janajee

Post by janajee » Oct 8th, '10, 14:31

I know! Also I really hated the discussions above, because at first I didn't know how to turn it off. It was really distracting, but I think at around episode 14 I managed to turn it off, so it was alright.Hahahaha.

My favorite episode would have to be 15. Hahahaha it was awesome. DEFINTELY will become my current favorite.Hahahaha.

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Oct 25th, '10, 12:59

Hi guys~ I hope someone can continue seeding this series. I've been downloading the 3rd episode since yesterday. The first two episodes are so cute, can't wait for the next episodes! Please please, seed this series.

Thanks so much! :D

~Oh, Jerry Yan is looove<3 Hotness to the next level. Lol

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 31st, '10, 00:53

I'm trying my best to wait for DoReMii to finish the series, because I divorced ViiKii due to their ignoring of Meteor Rain 2 so far.

I'm at episode 8 , hesitant to go farther not wanting to run out of episodes.

I'm a total sucker for Jerry, so Yu Ping is my man :D

I've been acting retarded with screencaps on my tumblr. BEWARE SPOILERS
http://archaenoncaps.tumblr.com/

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 1st, '10, 02:20

Dude man, we're all waiting for the Doremii released DWL. AAAAH, viikii was hard to watch, but I couldn't wait so I gave in and watched there. If you could wait, I suggest you do. Viikii is sweet and all, but I don't ever want to go there unless I really really have to.

Down With Love is showing here in the Philippines! :)

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Nov 1st, '10, 02:27

Yeah, I gave in , I'm on episode 12 atm. I will re-watch them regardless with DRMii's subs though.

On another note, It really makes me sad that so many people pass over Taiwanese , Mainland and Hong Kong Dramas.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 1st, '10, 05:25

I know!

There are so many gems within the Taiwanese, Mainland and HK dramas. I know for a lot of people, they're meh, but for me, I actually prefer them over Koreans and Japanese because... I don't know, they make me laugh more, they make me go aww more. Sometimes Korean dramas are like the same thing over and over again, whilst for the Japanese dramas... I don't know, I just never got into it. As for Taiwanese, those are really what got me hooked into watching asian dramas in the first place.

I think, I have a feeling we're going to get the DWL release from Doremii soooooon. *praying* hehehehe, I really love DWL. It's one of my favorite dramas ever. It was such a fun ride, really :)

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 1st, '10, 17:43

Finished watching this somewhere else. Lol. Yeah, it's airing in the Philippines right now. I rarely watch it though. I'd like to remember Jerry's original voice so I'm still waiting for DoReMii to release the remaining episodes. Lol~

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Nov 2nd, '10, 02:19

Episode 15 made me die so hard. It was soooo cute. Aahahaha.

On another note, DoReMii says they don't have alot of people working on this at all, so the rest of the episodes will come out very slowly.

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 2nd, '10, 09:55

That's sad to hear. I really want to have a complete copy of this series.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 2nd, '10, 09:58

At least we can be sure that they'll come out. I really prefer waiting for the original releases from them, because it's high quality compared to spending more time watching it on viikii. I love this drama so much, that I'm so sure that I'll be watching this over and over again.

Yu Ping is AWESOME

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 2nd, '10, 11:15

I hope TV stations in Taiwan have variety shows that cater to live audiences like here in the Philippines. That would definitely make my stay in Taiwan more enjoyable~

I know that the chances are very slim, but it would be really great to meet Jerry during my visit! :D

Lawyer + Hotness + Jerry Yan = heaven <3

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 2nd, '10, 11:25

Woah, you're going to Taiwan?

Man, feel these feelings of jealousy that are flowing from me to you. Hahahaha, or better yet, TAKE ME WITH YOU!

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 2nd, '10, 11:37

Cebu pacific has cheap flights~ Go go go! :D

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Nov 2nd, '10, 13:01

Dude, take us with you. D: I'd probably die a few deaths to see some of the shooting shots of my fav TW dramas. :D

On another note, I ended up watching it on youtube twoards the end, because the translations I am told, were alot better. I will be re-watch this again anyways. I do find it irksome though, that I have to convert all the videos to another codec because it doesn't work on anything other then PC. My PS3 has no sound with the files from DRM as is.

Has anyone seen the dvd? It's out, I don't understand how it has 28 episodes, I'm skeptical on buying it because I don't know if the one on Yes-Asia is legit to be honest.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/down-with-lov ... /info.html

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 2nd, '10, 13:36

Lol~ I bet you guys can afford to go there as well. My sister said Taiwan is very similar to the Philippines.

DWL:

So, yes-asia is selling a 28-episode DVD?! When I finally decided to watch it online, I saw some sites that said it has 25 episodes. It's probably the director's cut version--with un-aired parts and bts. Some series end up airing less episode depending on the rating while it is being aired~ (i.e., Playful Kiss--supposed to be 20 episodes but ended with 16)...

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 2nd, '10, 14:04

Actually, the 28 episode thing I think has been cut down? I'm not sure. I could ask around, as there seems to be a lot of people who knows what's legit and what's not when it comes to those online DVDs. Hehee.

As for Taiwan trip, dude, after I graduate from uni, and get a job, I'd so visit three places for the holidays, TAIWAN, KOREA and if possible JAPAN!

Hahahah, it's all written in the plans. MWAUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Me, I just want to meet up with my fave TW actors. I still can't believe that Wu Chun grew up in Brunei, and I grew up in Brunei and I HAVE NEVER MET THE GUY. The place is like TINY, and still we didn't meet? How unlucky? Heheheheh

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Nov 2nd, '10, 16:42

janajee wrote:Actually, the 28 episode thing I think has been cut down? I'm not sure. I could ask around, as there seems to be a lot of people who knows what's legit and what's not when it comes to those online DVDs. Hehee.

As for Taiwan trip, dude, after I graduate from uni, and get a job, I'd so visit three places for the holidays, TAIWAN, KOREA and if possible JAPAN!

Hahahah, it's all written in the plans. MWAUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Me, I just want to meet up with my fave TW actors. I still can't believe that Wu Chun grew up in Brunei, and I grew up in Brunei and I HAVE NEVER MET THE GUY. The place is like TINY, and still we didn't meet? How unlucky? Heheheheh
I know that members of U-KISS were ranting about being from Brunei and not knowing WuZun was from there. I think it was Alexander or Eli, I'm not sure atm. At any rate, I don't think alot of people knew.

I've been to Japan a few times, and to SK once, I'd love to go to China and Taiwan at some point. Heck I'd like to just tour the rest of Asia if I could.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 2nd, '10, 18:09

U-KISS? The Korean band? I really should remember who these people are. It's embarrassing. Hahahaha >_<

I think the dude, Wu Chun, now owns a fitness thing business over here. Don't know if he still visits though, but I'm pretty sure he inherited that business thing from his parents... Meh.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Nov 2nd, '10, 19:36

Ok , so I finished DWL.

IT COULD HAVE USED 2 MORE EPISODES D: OMG OMG OMG.

Uh, Yah, U-KISS, actually the members are from all over the place :D
I remember WuZun posting on his Wretch blog a few years back about the fitness place, I didn't hear much else about it after that.

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 3rd, '10, 00:25

Archaenon wrote:Ok , so I finished DWL.

IT COULD HAVE USED 2 MORE EPISODES D: OMG OMG OMG.

Uh, Yah, U-KISS, actually the members are from all over the place :D
I remember WuZun posting on his Wretch blog a few years back about the fitness place, I didn't hear much else about it after that.
The last episode was kinda "short", right? I was actually waiting for more when I saw a couple of minutes left on the player. Unfortunately, those remaining time were for credits~

Oh, I just wish to see Jerry (and Ethan Ruan) during my visit to Taiwan! &hearts;

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 3rd, '10, 00:27

My sister met Wu Zun in a fan-meeting and said he's really nice. He can speak a bit of Filipino. Apparently, he has visited Philippines a lot of times already.

janajee

Post by janajee » Nov 3rd, '10, 00:43

I'm sure it was those times during Romantic Princess, he went here with Calviin Chen

I felt the ending was a little rushed though. Like... I don't know, I was hoping for more really. But I really loved it anyway.

QueenDjo

Post by QueenDjo » Nov 5th, '10, 12:54

Watching it. Loving it. Yay! drool factor warning hahahaha

I really wasn't going to watch this because honestly, I really don't like ELLA I feel that she is OA (over-acting) Didn't like her in Hana Kimi so I was very reluctant to watch the show.

But I decided to watch because there were no more dramas left to watch and I really need my drama fix over the weekend.

I think there are moments that I don't like Ella's acting but I somehow overlooked it coz I kept staring at Jerry. hahahaha . Anyway, I think Ella is very much suited to be Yang Guo...so I guess it was okay.

I love the part when Jerry realized that he loves Yang Guo. ANd tries to be her knight in shining armor without her knowing it.....ekkkkk!

loving it so far ^_^

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 7th, '11, 03:27

So far this does not look like a romantic comedy to me. No romance and no comedy yet. Almost into episode 5 and there seems to be a major lack of chemistry between the two leads so far.
Remember the scene where the bomb is placed in Jerry's mouth and she has to get it out? Did the camera not focus on a set of toy teeth and show her tongue wagging around like a dog?! What's romantic about that? Where was the chemistry? He didn't fluster and she didn't blush. They didn't even show his teeth, it was a toy and you could tell it was!! Excuse me... I need a drink :alcoholic:
I think Ella needs a lot more work on her acting, if she is going to be an actress. Get rid of that hideous nervous laugh that turns any chemistry or light moment off. You can tell in Jerry's expressions he is frustrated trying hard to work with her lack of acting skills and it's difficult. Poor Jerry. This drama is so cold I need a winter coat...and another drink. :alcoholic:
What about the scene in episode 4 where he goes to hug her after she resigns. No blushing, flustered look, no tension, no romance, no chemistry. Jerry is trying but nothing is coming from Ella but that hideous nervous laugh and stone cold emotions. Sorry. I need another drink :alcoholic:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 7th, '11, 04:05

There isn't supposed to be romance this early in the drama. Yu Ping and Yang Guo start off pretty much hating each other. He's an ass, she annoying. They don't like each other. It's not until Yu Ping realizes that he loves her that any romance starts, and it's sort of angsty romance since he can't express his feelings because she is "gay."

The bomb thing was not supposed to be romantic or hot. It was supposed to be awkward and unpleasant and for the sake of their lives. And since it's a TWdrama, it was meant to be goofy. Hence it was fake teeth. There is even a BTS about that scene. They aren't trying to pretend it wasn't fake teeth.

There are a looot of moments that are really sweet and make you go awwww later. There is lots of hugging in this drama, more kissing than typical in a TW idol drama. But, it's a TWdrama. It's mostly wholesome.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 7th, '11, 04:18

Aww! Thanks Puppet Princess. I decided to keep watching it anyhow because I really like Jerry although he is not as hot as Mike He, he is still handsome and a good actor in my opinion.

About the teeth thanks for clearing that up hehehe. That scene was disgusting to me though, yuck. Thanks for the heads up. I like those "aww" moments really sweet. :cheers:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 8th, '11, 03:16

I guess it's my fault for comparing this drama to Coffee Prince kdrama (which was way steamier and funnier than this one) and even other Taiwanese dramas I have seen that were way better.

I am not sure if it was the pairing of the actors and actresses that were not so good or the writers but it didn't get interesting until after episode 7 and even after that some parts were way too draggy.
Spoiler Alert!
You have to wait until episode 15 has the only first kiss scene in this drama and it is endearing and sweet

I can't say that I liked this drama but my friend's sister (who previously recommended Love Buffet :sleeping:) loved it...shes 13 though :roll I will know better than to listen to her from now on. Oh well, time to watch Sunny Happiness with Mike He :heart: :salut:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Mar 8th, '11, 05:18

I suppose everyone has their own idea of what romance is. Not sure what yours is because the only drama you have said you liked is a Kdrama, which is a completely different country standard. Korean media kind of runs off of sex. Taiwan runs off humor and craziness because their dramas are the most prudent out of Korea, Japan, and Mainland China (believe it or not). It's not unheard of for there to be no kissing or much touching between leads.

I feel compelled to note that Sunny happiness is a Mainland China drama. Not Taiwanese. Taiwan bought the airing rights from Anhui. I've also been reading some pretty nasty articles about how much it is failing. Which is truly sad since the first drama of the series (Happy and Love Forever) was so amazing and had such a great response from viewers. Then again they did hire Mike He to lead it. His dramas are notorious for getting really bad ratings and lots of criticism.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 8th, '11, 06:15

TWdrama is more prudent? Some of them I will list below are questionable when it comes to prudent. And I won't even bring up movies. Well, I like kdrama because it airs on several local stations in Georgia so I watch it most often. I enjoy Japanese dramas probably the most out of all.

I watch more TW/Chinese movies than dramas but I do have several favorite Taiwanese dramas and prefer to watch dramas along the line of: (some of these don't even have kissing but they have lots of chemistry, tension, love/hate, and affectionate caring scenes that really make up for it)

Autumn's Concerto (Still working on this one but it's good, just long)
Devil Beside You
Why Why Love
Love with Corners, Corner with Love
Romantic Princess
Fated to Love You
Rolling Love
Easy Fortune Happy Life
Smiling Pasta
ISWAK 1&2
To Get Her
My Lucky Star
and a few more. Even any dramas that have low viewership ratings I may love because like you said everyone idea of romance is different. But I can appreciate your views too.