My Girlfriend is a Gumiho - SBS 2010

Discuss Korean drama series here.

What do you think of "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho"?

5 Excellent
58%
4 Very Good
24%
3 So-so
11%
2 Not so Good
5%
1 Bad
2%

Total votes: 55

Orion1986

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho - SBS 2010

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 4th, '10, 18:07

Original Title: 내 여자친구는 구미호 / Nae Yeojachinguneun Gumiho
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Cast: Shin Min Ah, Lee Seung Ki, No Min Woo, Park Soo Jin
Director: Boo Sung Chul
Scriptwriters: Hong Mi Ran, Hong Jung Eun (Hong Sisters)
Broadcast Network: SBS
Number of episodes: 16
Broadcast dates: 2010-Aug-11 to 2010-Sep-30
Airtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis:
Cha Dae Woong, an action school student is tricked by a Gumiho, a fox creature that eats human livers, into releasing her from the temple she is trapped in.
Due to certain events, she ends up following the student who tries to keep her content and fed in fear for his own life. And of course, this lady is quite demanding.

Subtitles: WITHS2

Official Site: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/mygumiho/
Soompi: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=333585
Dramawiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/My_Girlfriend ... Tailed_Fox

This series is one of my personal favorites. It's romantic, it has angst, it has drama and cuteness as well. It's not trying to be too serious, but does a good job at that too.
It's cute, it's funny, it's fluff ². Good for people who want to watch something romantic and sweet. Being romantic is, in my opinion, a must with this. It's fluffy romance after all.
The music is great, the acting (despite Lee Seung Ki's shortcomings) is good and the series is well done and visually pleasing. CG is used very smartly, but it's also done very well.
Attachments
My-Girlfriend-is-a-Gumiho1.jpg
My-Girlfriend-is-a-Gumiho1.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
My-Girlfriend-is-a-Gumiho2.jpg
My-Girlfriend-is-a-Gumiho2.jpg (151.17 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
Last edited by Orion1986 on Oct 17th, '10, 20:54, edited 9 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 4th, '10, 18:13

Shin Mina is soooo pretty. Almost as pretty as your first post^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 4th, '10, 18:33

She's prettier, but thank you for that compliment, you demon of compliments and criticism. :P You're so good with both. Ahaha.

I really like Min Ah. She's cute, but doesn't have that fake cuteness most actresses have when they try to act cute. She's naturally graceful and lovable.
I also like her voice. It's womanly and not girly. Just like the way she carries herself and the way she acts. Like I said, if I were a lesbian, I'd have fallen for her. :P

I'm at Episode 4 btw.
Awww. Poor poor Mi Ho is stuck with a selfish bastard... And she really won't eat him since it's not that kind of a series. Dang. XD
The "noona" girl is really starting to get on my nerves. I get having a bad girl, but I hate it when the guy is such a moron to be hung up on her.
I still can't figure out what's-his-name that always fondles his knife (get a girl, man). Who's the girl harming, man? Let her be. You're there as well.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 4th, '10, 21:47

I've just finished downloading the first episode and I'm kinda waaaay excited for it. Hahahahaha, and since I'm very... well lenient, with actors, I have a feeling I'll enjoy... Lee Something Ki... whatever his name is... Li Seung Ki (alright I cheated and looked :( ) him as well... probably not think of him as hot or whatever... but cheering him on, just like I do with KJH :).

I really like the girl too. She's sssssooooooooooo pretty! She's so adorable!!!! And I like the way all of the man in the first episode seemed to just fall for her. I saw the scene where all the woman in the village told people that the Gumiho eats livers and hearts... so does this mean, she actually originally doesn't? Like she was framed for it? And now decides to actually just eat livers as revenge?

Should actually just watch it instead of skimming through it. Hahahaha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 4th, '10, 22:33

Do watch it and the answer seems to be no. Mi Ho herself keeps saying she doesn't really eat people. The women back then probably made the story up to sully her name.
Heck, even if she did eat people, she'd still be cute as a button. Ahaha. I really really like this girl. She's the kind of pretty you find cute without getting jealous of. You know?
Like, sometimes you see a beautiful woman and they carry themselves like one so you hate them for it. She's just so innocent-looking that you can't hate her for being so pretty. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 4th, '10, 22:43

You try and all you could bring into your heart is the feeling of "awwww"-ness. She's so adorable. And graceful and pretty and I really want to be her friend. Hahahaha, I think I have a girl crush. Hahahaha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 4th, '10, 22:54

Me too! You think this feminine phase Keun Suk is going through is making us sensitive to pretty women? He seems so ugly as a woman that pretty women seem even prettier to us. :rofl:
But yes, I also have a "girl crush". Like you said, she seems so nice and approachable. She's pretty, but not in an intimidating way. Nice nice lady. And an ok actress so far as well.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Sep 5th, '10, 00:19

I love this show so much I had to watch it even without subs. Lucky me I have a Korean brother in law so I can always ask him the parts I don't understand. I've always enjoyed her movies. This is my first time seeing her in a drama.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 5th, '10, 09:00

I know. I'm really trying to hold back and not watch the series through Viikii. I want to watch it properly, on my couch with nice subs and all.
But thinking it's already at episode 8 there when I'm still at 4 and have to wait so long, truly is testing my patience. XD The group is going fast, but still.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 18:41

So, how's the knife-fondling guy faring? Did he catch Miho?

PocketKiriyama: you should watch The Devil then.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 19:55

He's a vegetarian. And he buys paper bags from the supermarket... And he eats cereal bars... He's an emo environmentalist vegetarian... And a supernatural being... XD

The carp is still the same and I still hate his "acting". The character is a royal a-hole too. I love the aunt and the director though. They're just a pleasure to watch and laugh with! :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 20:28

Oh, no, we had vegetarian vampires, then vegetarian gumiho hunter. At least he doesn't glitter.

But true, the director is my hero now... his glasses, his coat...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 10th, '10, 21:45

I have only seen two episodes of this drama and I think I like it enough to keep on watching.
This is a post I wrote after the first episode on another site.
"I watched the episode tonight and enjoyed it quite a lot. Ithink it is a funny fantasy with lots of comedy which is done rather well by a good cast. they are all dealing with this tale in a very serious manner and that is just the way to make it a winner.
The Gumiho is just pretty enough and fey enough without being too weird or overly glamorous. The lead man is really very believable because he is not one of the handsome idols usually put in these dramas
He surprised me with his acting ability since I have only seen him as a singer before and a member of the variety show '2 days 1 night '.

He does pretty well as the leading man. Better than the first drama he did??Brilliant Legacy?? I think.

I hope this drama will keep this light and funny touch and it will really be worth watching "
After seeing the second episode I still feel the same way. the gumiho is charming and light. She can convey her sharper side so well with a glance of her peircing eyes.

Seung Ki is just right for this role. Not plastic faced and not afraid to look dumb.
He is the 'apple pie' compared to Keun suk's 'hot air souffle'.

Peg...... who does not have the knife in hand....yet.

vickyvm

Post by vickyvm » Sep 10th, '10, 22:26

I love this drama!!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 10th, '10, 23:46

vicky,

that's a very short post. why do you love the drama ? the story? the actors?

Please write more.

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 18th, '10, 18:21

Not much movement in the thread so I'll try and jump start it. :P

I couldn't wait for WithS2 so I started using Viikii. I have to say, I really love the series.
It gets better and better. So much fluff, it's way too cute. I even find the Dead Carp cute by now.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 18th, '10, 19:18

Everyone watches this and no one comments. I don't watch this, but I read the comments.
Anyway, if the "knife-fondling" guy showed some improvement, I may watch it, I dig his emo haircut^^ Mehehe...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 18th, '10, 22:13

The knife-fondling emo guy is hot. He's begun threatening a certain character now and he's so damn awesome when he does it. Complete pimp style! :rofl:

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 18th, '10, 22:36

I still haven't watched it.

Apparently I've found some semblance of patience when waiting for dramas. Hahahaha. But it does seem like an adorable series. Am looking forward to the blow by blow per episode thing that I do when watching it.

Also apparently I really enjoy doing that too. Hahahahahaha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 18th, '10, 23:33

Jana, you're gonna kyaa so hard over this series! It's the epitome of cuteness! :heart:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 19th, '10, 00:52

I like bashing emo kids, really. Even a half of the meter taller than me, mehehe... cause he looks like he's over 2 meters...
Let's see... I will download the latest ep ad see. After they woke me up from the coma...
No news on extending the series? It's doing fairly good, ne?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 19th, '10, 01:01

I have no idea. Truth is, we are getting close to 16 episodes, but the story seems like it could still go for maybe another 4 and reach 20. It feels like we're halfway or so.

aility

Post by aility » Sep 19th, '10, 01:18

Isnt the knife fondling emo kid the cute guy from Pasta????????????? I cant wait to get started on this serie, so ready for cuteness overload!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 19th, '10, 01:19

Yep. Phillip. Didn't like him in Pasta and he lacks a certain charisma, but he's a good looking guy. Plus, the body is awesome. At least in Gumiho. He was skinny in Pasta.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 19th, '10, 08:40

I thought the knife man was a veterinarian. That's why the old monk called him in to see if he knew anything about the missing fox.

Maybe he is also a vegetarian. He's quite sly isn't he.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 19th, '10, 10:27

Yeah, in actor department he sucks, but in good looking department he's really, really, really ridiculously good-looking^^

aility

Post by aility » Sep 19th, '10, 13:10

Yes, nothing to complain about in the looks department. with this serie, I am not expecting acting that will wow me, just for pure entertainment. I need some fluffy, rather braindead show that can make my day :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 19th, '10, 14:36

The series is pure cuteness. It's a nice story, it's romantic, the characters are wicked fun and damn it, you just want to grab that girl and give her a huge big bear hug! She's too adorable for words!
Well, you want to grab Mr. Vegetarian Emo too, but not just for hugs... :shhh: He's got a nice looking house too. And money. LOTS of it. Ok, so he's an antisocial creature who lies a lot. Big deal... :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 19th, '10, 19:18

Watching 2nd episode at the moment. ;D And I'm finding this drama very, very attractive. Female lead is very pretty. As Orion said, you really want to give her a big hug and squeeze her tightly ;D

Anyhow, I didn't think this would be this much fun, definitely gonna watch all of it ;D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 19th, '10, 19:21

Ehehe. Well, you're a man too so I'm sure your "interest" goes beyond hugging, but it's normal. :P Heck, we're straight women here and we have a girl-crush on her. XD

You're gonna love the series. It's so cute. There's also a nice plot and even some very nice observations on humanity. You know, what makes us human, why life is beautiful etc etc.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 19th, '10, 19:39

Orion1986 wrote:Ehehe. Well, you're a man too so I'm sure your "interest" goes beyond hugging, but it's normal. :P Heck, we're straight women here and we have a girl-crush on her. XD

You're gonna love the series. It's so cute. There's also a nice plot and even some very nice observations on humanity. You know, what makes us human, why life is beautiful etc etc.
I wouldn't say that my interest would go further. She is just so cute Just like a puppy. ;D

piousm

Post by piousm » Sep 19th, '10, 20:08

We are really enjoying this one. Up to ep 10, it's actually getting better rather than boring. It reminds me of a Thorne Smith novel, if anyone has come across them, or maybe a japanese harem anime, minus the panty shots. And Mi Ho is absolutely gorgeous, but my wife thinks so too so I dont get in trouble for saying that.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 19th, '10, 20:41

Ahaha. She is indeed. She's adorable. Some women are pretty in a way that makes other women jealous and men want them and then some women are so graceful and sweet that even women can't get jealous and hate them.
I think that this lady is someone everyone likes because she is genuinely graceful and sweet. She doesn't have that fake-cuteness, that asian must-be-kawaii thing that makes you hate most asian "cute" actresses that seem so fake.

As for the series, it is indeed getting better and better. The humor is still there and even though things are getting more serious, the plot doesn't become a sob story neither does it lose its lightness. It's a fairy tale and a sweet one.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 20th, '10, 18:01

Just watched the 5th episode and i`m confused
The guy said that Dae Wook will die after those 100 days... DANG, I don't want that kind of ending... Will he be able to live after?
[/spoiler]

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 18:15

Well, this is a fairytale
so I guess they'll find a way. I mean, this series seems too fluffy and cute for it to have a sad ending.
Then again, after what the Hong sisters did with the ending of Hong Gil Dong, it's natural to have doubts.

Though, it still is a romantic comedy series so I personally don't think he'll die. The emo one, maybe.
Maybe the emo guy will find a way to save Dae Woong and die instead to redeem himself or something.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 18:18

Nooooooooooo!!!
Save emo kid!! Save him!! :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 20th, '10, 18:42

Ethlenn wrote:Nooooooooooo!!!
Save emo kid!! Save him!! :mrgreen:
;DDDDDd

Ok, even I admit that the emo guy is quite handsome.
I think that Emo guy will die too. Because I don't feel that male lead will just die. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Lets just wait and see.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 19:04

Ethlenn, I know. I don't want that either. Really don't.
Don't kill the emo guy. Just make him find a solution to this mess. He doesn't have to die. Please don't kill the HOT EMO GUUUUY!!! :hissy:
Although, as Neliets says as well, it's mighty tempting on a story point of view, to do that. Still hope they won't though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 19:17

Hong sisters have problems with endings. :whistling:

This is why...
If they kill the HOT EMO INCARNATED I will sue them!! I don't care about his acting abilities or anything, but his white shirt or his doctor's outfit makes me... awww. He's the perfect example of how I watch dramas brainlessly. Make him a goth, or folk dancer, I don't know...
Just don't repeat HGD ending...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 20th, '10, 19:33

He can't die. He is going to want to save Gumiho. Also they are both non human and somewhat in charge of their own destiny if they do it right. they will escape together even if they don't get together. if that makes sense. In fact they can't die.
The thing I can't quite cotton onto is the girlfriend of our lead man. I think she is most unattractive and I can't quite see why he thinks she is the one for him. I am pondering whether he will find his gumiho more to his liking.

I like this drama.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 19:54

Let's make our Emo guy eat her liver or heart. I can't stand her either. She's so annoying, and every time I see her, I just involuntary put my hands to the screen, just in case her eye-balls jump from their sockets...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 20th, '10, 20:27

I hope that you're talking about that Noona, because she isn't pretty indeed.

And Emo guy is vegetarian, so I suppose that he won't eat her organs.

9th episode subs came out. Seems like I'll be late for school tomorrow morning ;D This is the kind of story that makes you smile 24/7, just loving it. ;D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 21:21

Yep. Constant smile bringer. Also, kinda makes you wonder about him being vegetarian, right?
There must be a reason. Maybe he swore never to eat meat again after all the bad stuff he's done?

And yes, I wouldn't eat that noona girl. I'd get sick. Anyone would. She's just so completely annoying.
Well, the actress is doing a very good job though. If she can make us hate her so damn much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 23:00

I think he secretly wants to eat meat... he wants to eat gumiho meat, I guess....

Yes, get rid of the noona girl!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 23:20

Well, so far he hasn't shown any desire of eating her. "Eating" her maybe, if you get my drift, but not eating her. :roll
If she won't let you, you can "eat" us, emo hon. We won't fight back. Well, you might fight to get away from us... :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 23:26

Oh, no, I wouldn't mind being "eaten", I got your drift, babe...
But if the fight is what he wants, he will get it....
I'm Team Emo & Director.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 23:31

Yep. Love all those three characters. Actually, the grandpa is awesome too. I can no longer hear the word "oppa" and not laugh, all because of this haraboji! :rofl:
And yes, we need more stripping from the emo guy. Even the carp lifted his sweater at some point, when checking for the injuries. Why not the better looking one?!!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 21st, '10, 18:38

I`m sorry to brake it for you guys, but this seems to be one of the best dramas, imho. Seen 10 episodes and I wasn't bored even once.At the end of every episode there is a nice twist and everything. It's definitely one of the best, I'd like to say, "light" dramas. That's at least how think at the moment.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 21st, '10, 18:52

Sorry to break it to us? Why sorry? And what did you break? Lol. We LOVE the series! :D
Heck, this series is the only thing that could make me like Lee Seung Ki. And I do. Lots by now!

Btw, episodes 11 and 12 are friggin' cute! As Mi Ho would say. Nooomu nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu jo ah he!
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 21st, '10, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 21st, '10, 19:00

Sorry, this drama is a limit of my shallowness... if they don't make emo guy strip, I'm done with this it!! :mrgreen: :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 21st, '10, 19:00

You all seem to have seen much more of this drama than I. It is slowly appearing on TV here so I am not sure about something. I still don't know where you saw that the handsome one is a vegetarian...when I thought he was a veterinarian...????

Can you enlighten me please. We are missing a few dramas right now because of the recent strike so I have to catch up.

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 21st, '10, 19:04

He's a veterinarian vegetarian. Ahaha. He tell Mi Ho that at some point, but he buys meat to cook her. Which episode are you at? It happens a biiit later.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 21st, '10, 20:50

SBS announced that Ep 13& 14 will be aired on Thursday:
안녕하세요. 홈지기입니다.

연휴 기간 동안 추석 특집 방송 편성으로 인해 23일 목요일 13,14회 가 연속방송 됩니다.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 01:37

People are keeping the ending on the hush hush.

I swear, if they kill anyone, I'll rip out their hearts. Oh wait, if they do that, they don't have any!!!! :cussing:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 22nd, '10, 03:10

not sure which episode, but i think Mi Ho had just arrived at the apartment with the handsome one. Did not see any evidence of meat being offered.

Shall be watching on Thursday.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 03:32

Episode 05. They are at his clinic and he tells her he doesn't eat meat after she asks him if he keeps the dogs there to eat them. XD

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 03:37

I just want Mi Ho to be happy....

she's probably one of my favorite characters of all time.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 04:00

Well look, if there's a choice and someone HAS to die and we can't pick that annoying b*tch, then let it be the doctor. But let it be as a hero who saves the day.
As much as I like him and damn it, he's hot, I don't want the couple to end in tragedy. Then again, the solution is simple. Don't kill anyone!!! It's a romantic COMEDY!! :cussing:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 04:06

If I had to put money on it, I would bet the Dr. does something to sacrifice his life for them to live happily.

However, there is another possibility where everyone can live on.

Grandmother's solution to the problem was to find her a husband, so that the women of the village 500 years ago wouldn't be jealous. She was imprisoned because no man would marry her. Maybe since she finally found a husband, Grandmother will do something and let her live happily.

Man...I like this drama so much that I actually created an account to discuss it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 04:13

You know, I have been thinking that granny will pop out from the picture and it is a choice, but we can't be sure.
Maybe they prefer to leave her completely out of it and a mystery, since she's unique and so important.
Although he did, at some point, speak to the painting and to her, without an answer. Or was that in the preview? :scratch:

Of course, she'd be the best way to save everyone, including the hot Doc and all his non-annoying emo-ness.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. :cheers: Hope you enjoy this thread and many more. Btw, would you tell us if you're a guy or girl, if you want?
Just so we can know how cutesy and fangirly to be with you. Ahaha. I wouldn't start asking (assumingly straight) men around here if they find Mr. Emo sexy. XD
No problem if you prefer not to say. It's a free coun.. I mean forum. :P Just expect a lot of kyaaing here. This IS the Gumiho thread. Ahaha. Fluff all the way!

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 04:46

lol I am a straight male (my profile image).

I actually find the emo doctor annoying. I can't read him...is he angry, bothered, or concerned most of the time? Not to mention that I loathe low cut vneck shirts.

Yep this is the Gumiho thread.... where I express how hot Shin Min Ah is.

aility

Post by aility » Sep 22nd, '10, 07:07

I can resist reading this thread, though I haven't even started on the show... Too curious for my own good!

It is nice to see that people like a drama so much that they step out of their lurking mode and start participating in the threads, awesome :cheers:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 12:40

Ok, JiveTalkinRobot. Good to know. I won't be telling you how hot the doctor is, then. XD
As for his personality, he's emo. Ahaha. Well, he has a sad past and lived 500+ years.
I guess we can give the guy a break. I mean, it's obvious he's torn between duty and compassion.

But you're lucky cause most of us also happen to adore Min Ah. Ahaha.
She's our girl-crush. She's just beautiful and adorable! Such a graceful woman!

So welcome welcome! Nice to see men who can watch such fluffy, cutesy and romantic series.
How many men miss out on nice things because they're too "cool" and "manly" for them. Idiots. :P

Aility, welcome. Ehehee. Do start watching. You'll be raving like us madmen soon enough!
Just prepare your facial muscles for lots of smiles and your mentality for romantic fluff! :cheers:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 22nd, '10, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 22nd, '10, 12:43

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:lol I am a straight male (my profile image).

I actually find the emo doctor annoying. I can't read him...is he angry, bothered, or concerned most of the time? Not to mention that I loathe low cut vneck shirts.

Yep this is the Gumiho thread.... where I express how hot Shin Min Ah is.
Finally! Another male here(don't worry, we aren't the only guys but others are pretty shy or something and they participate in discussions very, very rarely) ;D Here is a tip for you - don't get scared of out JGS(Jang Geun Suk) naughty ladies ;D They're just... ... naughty I guess?

Anyhow, I don't even have an opinion of what will happen in the end. There are so many possibilities. Unpredictable to be honest.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 12:46

Neliets, don't blow our cover. We were going to sully this innocent lad little by little. :shhh:

Nah, he doesn't need to be scared. We don't bite. We spank though. Ok... we bite sometimes too.

Oh and btw, forget about Jang "The Gaysha" Keun Suk. We're all pretty much fed up with him.

Abandonangel

Post by Abandonangel » Sep 22nd, '10, 15:55

Sorry for the long post, but the Hong Sisters have definitely outdone themselves with MGIG. The fantasy storyline sets MGIG apart from all the other Kdramas airing at the moment by keeping me guessing every step of the way.

The amount of cuteness in this series is enough to give me cavities, but it is presented so well that I can't help but enjoy it and ask for more. Min Ah is superb as Mi Ho! One moment she can be so sweet and innocent that I want to shell out money to buy her beloved cow, and the next she reminds us that she is a supernatural being and should not anger her. Yeah, I got a girl crush too.

This is my first time watching LSK in a drama, and I was pleasantly surprised. The audience gets to see him develop as a "human" in the series. Plus, I love how sweet he acts around Mi Ho while he attempts to fight his feelings for her.

And the oh-so-hot-please-hunt-me No Min Woo! :wub: I haven't seen him since his blond days in TRAX, so his appearance was both a shock and delight for me. I am a chronic second male lead girl, so I REALLY want the Dr./hunter/emo guy to be happy.
I mean, come on, the poor guy has practically lived alone for hundreds of years after he had to kill the woman he loved. THEN he has to come to terms with the fact that it is happening all over again. Hasn't he been made miserable enough yet?! Hong Sisters, DON'T YOU DARE MAKE HIM SACRIFICE HIMSELF!!!!!!!! :cussing:
Who knows how this series will end...I think the Hong Sisters should just make two different endings. Anyway, if you haven't watched MGIG yet, you must! :thumleft:

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:26

Orion1986, actually a lot of my friends watch Kdramas/Jdramas and we're all pretty much "guys guys." I just don't think many will go on to forums and discuss them though...(I'm just a forum junkie...Jeep forums, sports forums, snowboard forums, food forums, tech forums, poker forums and now...drama forums lol).

With regards to "cute and fluffy....the serious ones I find kind of boring. Two kind of series (which are at opposite ends of the spectrum) will draw guys in:

Cute and Fluffy with Cute Female Lead: It's the characters that sort of suck you in...in this case it is Mi Ho, who while watching is so endearing that you really get behind the character (same could be said with Joo Yoo Rin in My Girl). The Kdramas seem to have this on lock.

Action: Self explanatory.

Too "cool" and "manly"...that's probably for the younger guys. At around my age (just turned 28) I think most guys are secure enough with themselves to not worry about what others think.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:31

Back to the drama...I'm a relative newb, so I don't understand how these are made yet. I read somewhere that they are considering changing the ending. Does that mean that they are still filming?Do they film the series as it is airing...and if so...isn't that a bit late considering it is episode 12 of 16 and they come out two per week?

I have a feeling that the original ending is tragic and now that they see how many fans are into it and want the characters to survive...they are considering revising.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:44

@JiveTalkinRobot: welcome^^
To answer your question: Kdramas are shot usually few days before airing. With the exception of the first 4-6 episodes that are recorded a bit earlier, as a probe for the viewers.
This means, episodes that air on Wed-Thu are usually completed during the weekends (editing and stuff).

About the ending: Hong sisters want to stick to their original ending
which is tragic, as I read the official website but producers force them to alternate it.
The reason is simple: viewers are depressed over Kim Tak Gu, Cinderella's Sister, Bad Guy and many other serious/tragic (literally) dramas.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Sep 22nd, '10, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:53

Thanks! ...and Thanks!

Hahah you're post kind of gives away your hidden spoiler.....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:58

Ethlenn, damn, now I'm stressed!
They better.. BETTER not have a tragic ending! They better not!!! :cussing: Force them, producers! The women are mad!
You just DON'T start a series as a comedy and end it in tears. If it's cute and fluffy, people who want happy stuff will watch it.
You don't then give these people, who wanted something light to watch and forget their worries, a sad ending. You just don't!

If they plan bad endings, they should add "tragedy" to the genres, like they do with manga i.e. People should know what they get into.
If it's a war series, ok, you kind of expect deaths and all. But such a fluffy comedy is NOT tragedy material and viewers should have the right to choose.

Did the producers succeed? I mean, did they change the ending or are they still in talks over it?
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 22nd, '10, 17:02, edited 3 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:59

Fixed, now everyone will be burning with the need of knowing what's hidden, muahahahaaa!!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 22nd, '10, 17:04

JiveTalkinRobot wrote:Orion1986, actually a lot of my friends watch Kdramas/Jdramas and we're all pretty much "guys guys." I just don't think many will go on to forums and discuss them though...(I'm just a forum junkie...Jeep forums, sports forums, snowboard forums, food forums, tech forums, poker forums and now...drama forums lol).

With regards to "cute and fluffy....the serious ones I find kind of boring. Two kind of series (which are at opposite ends of the spectrum) will draw guys in:

Cute and Fluffy with Cute Female Lead: It's the characters that sort of suck you in...in this case it is Mi Ho, who while watching is so endearing that you really get behind the character (same could be said with Joo Yoo Rin in My Girl). The Kdramas seem to have this on lock.

Action: Self explanatory.

Too "cool" and "manly"...that's probably for the younger guys. At around my age (just turned 28) I think most guys are secure enough with themselves to not worry about what others think.
To be honest, everything you said was true.

And I see that kdramas are getting better again. Dramas around 2007 and 2008, and few 2009, were quite lacking but this year's dramas pretty much all have been very good.

I think that guys will join you too, Orion1986.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 22nd, '10, 17:10

Heck. I do have one guy into kdrama. A friend of mine. I'm friends with him and his two sisters and he honestly loves kdrama.
We watched "You're Beautiful", "Coffee Prince" and "Take Care Of The Young Lady". He loved them all. Laughed his heart out. :P

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Sep 22nd, '10, 17:29

How long do the episodes take to get subbed? I believe 13 is airing tonight and 14 tomorrow. Will they be subbed by the weekend?

Can't wait...

...I agree on the light comedy vs tragedy part. I signed up for a light comedy not a tragedy, so I hope it ends up happy.