copyrighting

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
sequester

copyrighting

Post by sequester » Aug 3rd, '10, 00:32

I just received a copyright infringement letter today about torrents and I almost had a heart attack. So I'm just wondering how active China is about copyrighting?
Last edited by sequester on Aug 3rd, '10, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Airhead

Post by Airhead » Aug 3rd, '10, 01:49

not really help ... i live far away from china ... but i would as fast as possible ..

check if is in the letter a specific accusation (which movie, time, ip adress, ...)
if yes and if you really got the file in the timeframe, consult a legal counsellor for your defense
if no ... consult a legal counsellor for your legal action against the source of the letter
favs: Yui, Scandal, Babymetal, BeBe(베베), Taru(타루), Cherry Boom, Rammstein 8)

plz don`t mind my bad english ... thx

sequester

Post by sequester » Aug 3rd, '10, 01:56

Oh, no no. What I'm asking is is China really obsessive about people downloading their movies and such. ie. dubbed drama series. I ask because Asia is, like, the king of pirated things, so I don't know how hard they really crack down on that. I can't find any information about this.
Last edited by sequester on Aug 3rd, '10, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Aug 3rd, '10, 02:06

Ahahahahahaha.... China is the biggest pirating entity in the world.
They really need to worry about their own people before the insignificant overseas leeches.
I think it's safe to say you have nothing to worry about as far as China is concerned.

sequester

Post by sequester » Aug 3rd, '10, 02:22

Ok, phew. That's what I figured because if they (and Viet Nam and the rest of Asia, for that matter) spent all their time persecuting all things related to pirated stuff, then they wouldn't have time to do anything else. I just needed some reassurance. So thank you!

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Aug 3rd, '10, 02:28

Check your PM...

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Aug 3rd, '10, 02:37

that's scary O_O