[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 18th, '10, 05:15

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote: +1. :mrgreen:

Though she did choose Jodan ja Nai!... :P

:lol
I thought she was very cute in that.
She was... But she wasn't given much to do other than pout while Oda Yuji mugged throughout the drama... :pale:
\

That's why I just watch the parts with Juri chan and skip the rest. I find it more delightful. :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 05:23

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
I thought she was very cute in that.
She was... But she wasn't given much to do other than pout while Oda Yuji mugged throughout the drama... :pale:
\

That's why I just watch the parts with Juri chan and skip the rest. I find it more delightful. :D
LOL. :lol

I did give the ol' fast forward button a workout. :mrgreen:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 18th, '10, 05:41

It's great that you have these great memories of those past dramas but recycled plots are nothing new in any country. Sometimes they're well done. Other times...not so much. I rather judge a drama or movie on its own merit rather than what was done in the past. It would be easy to nitpick but also a huge waste of time.

Personally, I just enjoy watching both Eita and Juri chan act. Given the material, they haven't disappointed me so far with their scenes together and onscreen chemistry. It's too bad some people have issues with this drama. It sucks that they're compelled to watch something that stirs such negative emotions.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 18th, '10, 05:48

^So true. Juri-chan and Legend-sama (new nickname for Eita) can make anything amazing. That's why I'm lovin' this drama so mucho.

Mod edit* Your comments (which I've removed) were deemed offensive by other members. People are free to give their differing opinions here. Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. :roll
Last edited by kimigasukinanda on May 18th, '10, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 18th, '10, 05:49

bmwracer wrote:^ Wow, 1993?

That was before I really started watching J-dramas consistently...

Hmm, maybe it's not too surprising to see a storyline recycled 17 years later... Most viewers were probably kids at the time, if not even born yet... :sweat:
Long Vacation began my love affair for Japanese dramas. That was 1996 which I am eternally grateful for.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » May 18th, '10, 06:32

hi everyone. i just started watching querbeet's subbed version and boy am i hooked.

i'm a sucker for these kinds of stories, where random people meet and connect with each other. and the twitter aspect makes it very timely and relatable (to me). speaking of relatable, i actually am more attracted to these plots that highlight the not-so-good parts of life, not because i like the negative emotions they incur, but it's the realistic pinch that makes them believable. sometimes romantic doramas emit a "safe cosy cocoon" that's hard to relate with.

this is like last friends huh... and two from the main cast reunite in this one too. eita and juri are awesome actors, and i'm already seeing their skills in the first episode. *pachi pachi LF was brutally great, i'm hoping we get more of a fulfilling ending in this one though. (:

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 18th, '10, 10:09

yanie wrote:I noticed main characters similarity with Asunaro Hakusho (Ordinary People)'s main characters, the 1993 drama. Kinda like a rip-off, actually.
Chuks wrote:(I read some people saying they can't bring themselves watching the drama since it's too similar to Asunaro)
Ohhh. How unfortunate that people are more reluctant to watch it now. I think if it's as epic as legend tells, it must be difficult to watch a remake of it. Also, what a pity that she ripped off her own story idea. I guess she was trying to pull something new with the Twitter idea, wanting to see how the same characters would fit into a different circumstance.

I agree with condorjoe -- it's still great watching Eita an Juri interact on screen though :) Though their characterisation is very very different from their previous characters -- somehow they don't sizzle as much for me, in this one. For Last Friends, for instance (I'm sorry we keep using the same comparison! It's just the latest one with them acting against each other) -- I felt it whenever they were in the same room.

Looking forward to things moving on in Episode 6! :D Then maybe we'll start getting some of the sizzles. *sss*

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 18th, '10, 13:00

^Yanie, thanks for telling us about Asunaro hakusho. :)

Wow, I find the character parallels rather uncanny. Eriko Kitagawa is quite good at writing coming-of-age dramas, I guess she didn't want to set Sunao at a campus because she already did that fairly recently with Orange Days (2004), and both Eita and Juri were in that cast as well. I also see some similarities with OD- the chirpy little kid sister Ayumi played by Juri is quite like Doctor's sister, and Eita played the funny and naive Keita in the group who had a cute crush on Shiraishi Miho's character Akane, who in turn liked Narimiya Hiroki's Shohei, the aspiring fashion photographer. It's interesting that the person who played the supporting "third wheel" in the group of 5 from Asunaro hakusho, Takuya Kimura - is now the most popular and successful Jdrama idol of all time, and Eita himself has come a long way from playing the comic relief sidekick in Orange Days to becoming a well-liked lead actor himself. Maybe that's why Eriko Kitagawa was so complimentary and encouraging to DBSK's Hero Jaejoong's debut in Sunao. She thinks he'll have a bright future in acting. It must be exciting to know that you're following the path taken by both Takuya Kimura and Eita. :lol
kimigasukinanda wrote:
yanie wrote:I'm not interested anymore in this drama now, except that I'd like to know the ending^^
Then leave. No need for you to come in here bashing the show and slandering the writer with your flimsy claims just to get a rise out of people. :roll
Eh...what's with the hostile attitude? You don't have to be rude to people who hold a different opinion from you. Besides, I don't think Yanie was bashing this drama at all or slandering the writer. If you want to get pissy with everyone for not talking about Sunao and Eita in 100% positive glowing terms all the time, then that's your problem not theirs. I'm a fan of Juri but that doesn't mean that I'll like all her dramas and every character she plays. Maybe that makes me a 'bad fan'. Whatever. Perhaps you should go to a dedicated Eita fanboard where you'll only see gushing comments about him. Geez, and I thought JE fangirls were obnoxious. :whistling:

One last thought before I go because this thread is getting too tense - I get that some people like this show and it's characters very much, and others not so much. There's nothing wrong with posting your own thoughts on the characters and whether you like/dislike the direction the story is going. After all, that's what this discussion thread is for, no? Most of us are here because we like one or more of the actors and look forward to the drama. We don't aim to 'be negative' and try to diss the drama to spoil it for others. I want to like the drama! The problem is when people try to censor others from expressing themselves if their opinion doesn't sit well with their own. Best to skip the comments that you don't agree with rather than try to prove others 'wrong'. Your opinion is not better than the next person's opinion so quit with the superiority complex. As for critiquing the actor's hairstyles/look, it's all in good fun and tongue-in-cheek, nothing to get your feathers ruffled about. Even though I personally think Eita looks like a birdman, with his alert eyes, beaky nose, pointy ears and wild frizzy hair, he makes for a very pretty birdman. :mrgreen: *runs away*

Oh, one more thing. Stolenxkisses - I agree with you that the chemistry between Juri and Eita in Sunao is not that strong. It's partly due to their characters in Sunao...for me, I like Ruka and Takeru's relationship better than Nakaji and Haru so far. They were sizzling together in Last Friends, and that was just as platonic friends; so I really expect them to up the ante in Sunao. Here's hoping that the rest of the drama will let us see more of JurixEita magic unleashed. God knows that I waited 2 years for it! :D

canavial

Post by canavial » May 18th, '10, 13:19

hanapyupyu wrote:Eh...what's with the hostile attitude? You don't have to be rude to people who hold a different opinion from you. Besides, I don't think Yanie was bashing this drama at all or slandering the writer. If you want to get pissy with everyone for not talking about Sunao and Eita in 100% positive glowing terms all the time, then that's your problem not theirs. I'm a fan of Juri but that doesn't mean that I'll like all her dramas and every character she plays. Maybe that makes me a 'bad fan'. Whatever. Perhaps you should go to a dedicated Eita fanboard where you'll only see gushing comments about him. Geez, and I thought JE fangirls were obnoxious. :whistling:
You should take this back before she sues you with her million dollars... なんちゃって. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 13:30

kimigasukinanda wrote:^So true. Juri-chan and Legend-sama (new nickname for Eita) can make anything amazing. That's why I'm lovin' this drama so mucho.
yanie wrote:I'm not interested anymore in this drama now, except that I'd like to know the ending^^
Then leave. No need for you to come in here bashing the show and slandering the writer with your flimsy claims just to get a rise out of people. :roll
Jeez, that's pretty rude, don't you think?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 18th, '10, 13:43

hanapyupyu wrote:^Yanie, thanks for telling us about Asunaro hakusho. :)

Wow, I find the character parallels rather uncanny. Eriko Kitagawa is quite good at writing coming-of-age dramas, I guess she didn't want to set Sunao at a campus because she already did that fairly recently with Orange Days (2004), and both Eita and Juri were in that cast as well. I also see some similarities with OD- the chirpy little kid sister Ayumi played by Juri is quite like Doctor's sister, and Eita played the funny and naive Keita in the group who had a cute crush on Shiraishi Miho's character Akane, who in turn liked Narimiya Hiroki's Shohei, the aspiring fashion photographer. It's interesting that the person who played the supporting "third wheel" in the group of 5 from Asunaro hakusho, Takuya Kimura - is now the most popular and successful Jdrama idol of all time, and Eita himself has come a long way from playing the comic relief sidekick in Orange Days to becoming a well-liked lead actor himself. Maybe that's why Eriko Kitagawa was so complimentary and encouraging to DBSK's Hero Jaejoong's debut in Sunao. She thinks he'll have a bright future in acting. It must be exciting to know that you're following the path taken by both Takuya Kimura and Eita. :lol
Hooo~~! Nice finding abt that "third wheel" role thing in Kitagawa-sensei's dramas! And remember Takenouchi Yutaka in Long Vacation? :wink: I really hope this means Jae Joong has a bright future ahead in his career :D

And I agree abt Eita-Juri's chemistry, actually they had a GREAT chemistry in Ep1. It made me really rooting for them.
I mean, the kiss, how Nakaji was waiting for Haru in front of the combini, how he was being all kind to Haru, sweet dialogues and scenes between them.... but then it's just all shot to hell, in the end, when Nakaji's girlfriend lied to Nakaji that Haru has hurt her. And since then, Nakaji treated Haru like crap and didn't even want to believe anything she said. And their chemistry just fades away... :unsure:
I really love Long Vacation and Orange Days.... but there's just something not right abt SuNare. It's just soap opera-ish, imho.

Okay, okay, I guess I should really leave now, before I get shot here XD

Shitsurei itashimasu!! Image *runs away*

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 13:58

yanie wrote:I really love Long Vacation and Orange Days.... but there's just something not right abt SuNare. It's just soap opera-ish, imho.
LOL, aren't a lot of these types of J-dramas soap opera-ish? :P

But yeah, there are a number of overly melodramatic scenes... Even the Doctor fight seemed rather cornball and predictable...

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 18th, '10, 16:30

hanapyupyu wrote:Eh...what's with the hostile attitude? You don't have to be rude to people who hold a different opinion from you. Besides, I don't think Yanie was bashing this drama at all or slandering the writer. If you want to get pissy with everyone for not talking about Sunao and Eita in 100% positive glowing terms all the time, then that's your problem not theirs. I'm a fan of Juri but that doesn't mean that I'll like all her dramas and every character she plays. Maybe that makes me a 'bad fan'. Whatever. Perhaps you should go to a dedicated Eita fanboard where you'll only see gushing comments about him. Geez, and I thought JE fangirls were obnoxious. :whistling:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave or you will be reported. Maybe you think it's okay for a fan to bash their bias, but I'm pretty sure that just makes you a hater. Either you're a fan or you're not, get with it. :roll And if you really see nothing wrong with SLANDER by saying someone PLAGIARIZED then I think you've got another thing coming. This is a serious accusation (I would know, I'm a businesswoman who deals with legal things over 2 or 3 times per year).
hanapyupyu wrote:As for critiquing the actor's hairstyles/look, it's all in good fun and tongue-in-cheek, nothing to get your feathers ruffled about. Even though I personally think Eita looks like a birdman, with his alert eyes, beaky nose, pointy ears and wild frizzy hair, he makes for a very pretty birdman. :mrgreen: *runs away*
Reported.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 18th, '10, 16:41

kimigasukinanda wrote:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave or you will be reported. Maybe you think it's okay for a fan to bash their bias, but I'm pretty sure that just makes you a hater. Either you're a fan or you're not, get with it. :roll And if you really see nothing wrong with SLANDER by saying someone PLAGIARIZED then I think you've got another thing coming. This is a serious accusation (I would know, I'm a businesswoman who deals with legal things over 2 or 3 times per year).
hanapyupyu wrote:As for critiquing the actor's hairstyles/look, it's all in good fun and tongue-in-cheek, nothing to get your feathers ruffled about. Even though I personally think Eita looks like a birdman, with his alert eyes, beaky nose, pointy ears and wild frizzy hair, he makes for a very pretty birdman. :mrgreen: *runs away*
Reported.
Whoa...did things just get blown out of proportion here?
Chill...people. We're all here for a reason, right? I mean, we have something in common for posting here or visiting this thread. We're either interested in the drama or the actors/actresses. So...take it easy. :cheers:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 18th, '10, 16:42

this drama is not good, but definitely not terrible. there are much worst dramas than this.
at least this has a much watchable cast...
it is alright...

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 18th, '10, 16:43

Hooked on this show. Not the most addictive show but i love how it really portrays life as it is. Kinda remind me Densha Otoko but with more realistic everyday personalities and characters going through the ups and downs of young adult life at work.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 18th, '10, 16:48

joykimlee wrote:Hooked on this show. Not the most addictive show but i love how it really portrays life as it is. Kinda remind me Densha Otoko but with more realistic everyday personalities and characters going through the ups and downs of young adult life at work.
huh? densha otoko and sunao? u sure have good imagination.
but yep agreed that it does show the true not-so-glamour aspect of life... life is definitely not a bed of roses like how it was protrayed in all other fairy tale dramas...

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 18th, '10, 16:58

totemokakkoii wrote:this drama is not good, but definitely not terrible. there are much worst dramas than this.
at least this has a much watchable cast...
it is alright...
IA, it's much better than a lotta dramas out... so much better than JIN, for example!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 18th, '10, 17:15

huh? densha otoko and sunao?
Its the 2cn (densha) and tweeting (sunao) that bear similarities for me. They find encouragement online ... a form of release, of what they don't feel necessary to speak aloud but may inform netfriends. I guess we're kinda doing a similar thing at DA posting current comments of our likes and dislikes of jdramas we're watching.

Although i like Sunao, but i hated Densha cos that was totally a guy kinda drama which didnt pull me at all. Many here also compare Sunao to Last Friends, and strangely i didn't really enjoy Last Friends too cos that was too sadistic and twisted for me to swallow. Sunao however i like cos its realistic with normal people.

Totally love Juri and Eita together and it's nice to see them collaborating so many times. Hope we can continue watching them in jdramas to come. They rock my life with Nodame Cantabile. As for Hero Jaejoong, i kinda notice him the least of all DBSK members cos he's the least manly looking comparing to his bandmates. But since Sunao, i'm now noticing him more. In fact i pity Jaejoong's weak character in Sunao, cos he's actually classified idol of the most popular band in Asia and deserves a more kakkoii image on screen.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 18th, '10, 18:14

canavial wrote: You should take this back before she sues you with her million dollars... なんちゃって. :P
LOL. With her millions of yens, you'd think she could buy her own discussion forum and act like the queen b*atch there to her heart's content. :roll
yanie wrote: Hooo~~! Nice finding abt that "third wheel" role thing in Kitagawa-sensei's dramas! And remember Takenouchi Yutaka in Long Vacation? :wink: I really hope this means Jae Joong has a bright future ahead in his career :D
Takenouchi Yutaka was so young and hot in Long Vacation. Kitagawa really knows how to pick her actors....Kimutaku and Yutaka in Long Vacation, Satoshi Tsumabuki and Narimiya Hiroki in Orange Days... :wub: And now Eita, Tamayama Tetsuji and JaeJong in Sunao (even though their characters come off a bit like wussy dweebs here..:P). JaeJoong can only get more popular with this drama, even with his geeky second-fiddle role. :thumright:

And I agree abt Eita-Juri's chemistry, actually they had a GREAT chemistry in Ep1. It made me really rooting for them.
I mean, the kiss, how Nakaji was waiting for Haru in front of the combini, how he was being all kind to Haru, sweet dialogues and scenes between them.... but then it's just all shot to hell, in the end, when Nakaji's girlfriend lied to Nakaji that Haru has hurt her. And since then, Nakaji treated Haru like crap and didn't even want to believe anything she said. And their chemistry just fades away... :unsure:
I really love Long Vacation and Orange Days.... but there's just something not right abt SuNare. It's just soap opera-ish, imho.
Agreed. It's cramming a bit too much drama and side-stories into the pile, on top of all the relationship angst. But I'll see it to the very end just cause we're already midway through and I'm hoping the drama will pick up soon... *fingers crossed*
kimigasukinanda wrote: I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave or you will be reported. Maybe you think it's okay for a fan to bash their bias, but I'm pretty sure that just makes you a hater. Either you're a fan or you're not, get with it. :roll And if you really see nothing wrong with SLANDER by saying someone PLAGIARIZED then I think you've got another thing coming. This is a serious accusation (I would know, I'm a businesswoman who deals with legal things over 2 or 3 times per year).
Wow, as a multi-million dollar business woman who flies around the world first class on your numerous business deals, don't you have better things to do than getting all worked up over what people think of a drama? Ok, fine. React all you want. But I'm not leaving this forum just because you tell me to. :lol

Reported.
Go ahead bb, report me for all I care. I'm sure the D-addicts admins will entertain a rude, conceited, humorless, argumentative brat like you. NOT. I'll just use my ignore button to ignore YOU. Simple. :wink:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 18th, '10, 18:20

kimigasukinanda wrote:IA, it's much better than a lotta dramas out... so much better than JIN, for example!
What.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 18th, '10, 20:10

hanapyupyu wrote:Wow, as a multi-million dollar business woman who flies around the world first class on your numerous business deals, don't you have better things to do than getting all worked up over what people think of a drama? Ok, fine. React all you want. But I'm not leaving this forum just because you tell me to. :lol
HAHA :lol seriously :roll
she flies around the world first class?!!! :O
she's a multi-million dollar business woman??!!! :O
she deals with "legal things over 2 or 3 times per year"???!!!! :O
crap, i must listen to her because she's sooooooooo important :roll
kimigasukinanda wrote:Reported.
:lol that just made my day!!!

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 19th, '10, 00:19

bmwracer wrote:
yanie wrote:I really love Long Vacation and Orange Days.... but there's just something not right abt SuNare. It's just soap opera-ish, imho.

But yeah, there are a number of overly melodramatic scenes... Even the Doctor fight seemed rather cornball and predictable...
The Doctor fight had me laughing and cringing at the same time.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 19th, '10, 00:46

Nomanymore wrote:
kimigasukinanda wrote:IA, it's much better than a lotta dramas out... so much better than JIN, for example!
What.
I got the same reaction as you too :blink

I personally think JIN is so so much better in many ways, but again, that's my opinion.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 19th, '10, 01:04

Okay everyone, let's try to stay on-topic. We have gotten a lot of PMs regarding this thread & I have already PMed one of the members here.

Play nice & let's continue the discussion of the drama. We welcome all views and opinions here, so please stay open-minded if someone else has a differing opinion.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 19th, '10, 01:05

When SunaNare was announced, I was afraid that I would be annoyed with comments from notorious fangirls of JaeJung. How I was so wrong. His fangirls have been polite and reasonable. I never would have thought that an Eita stan would be the one who is rude and attacking others who don't agree with her.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 19th, '10, 01:10

stolenxkisses wrote:
I agree with condorjoe -- it's still great watching Eita an Juri interact on screen though :) Though their characterisation is very very different from their previous characters -- somehow they don't sizzle as much for me, in this one. For Last Friends, for instance (I'm sorry we keep using the same comparison! It's just the latest one with them acting against each other) -- I felt it whenever they were in the same room.

Looking forward to things moving on in Episode 6! :D Then maybe we'll start getting some of the sizzles. *sss*
It does have some things in common with Last Friends in that the main characters experiencing one-sided love whether it was Ruka and Michiru or Takeru and Ruka.
You could make a similar case for Haru and Nakaji. That this is the person he/she loves the most and wants to be by his/her side no matter what... even if it is as friends. Their scenes together in both dramas have been enjoyable and charming.

As things do start to sizzle, I expect a lot of turbulence considering the other secondary plots that's percolating.

Juri'sTerii

Post by Juri'sTerii » May 19th, '10, 01:39

After watching Epi 5, thank God for for the almighty indestructible Iphone. Which has gone thru the test of being water resistance, smashed to the floor and yet still be able to tweet "助け" & call the cops. :P

Please do not turn this into an unnecessary blood feud. :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '10, 03:21

lilswtangel wrote:Okay everyone, let's try to stay on-topic. We have gotten a lot of PMs regarding this thread & I have already PMed one of the members here.

Play nice & let's continue the discussion of the drama. We welcome all views and opinions here, so please stay open-minded if someone else has a differing opinion.
Thanks for stepping in. :thumright:

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

The phrase "Suspension of Disbelief" came to mind. :mrgreen:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 19th, '10, 04:04

There needs to be less of this :argue: and more of :heart: .

lilswtangel - :notworthy: I bow to your autoritay.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 19th, '10, 11:23

lilswtangel, thanks very much for settling things.

As for the series, I really want some mayhem. :lol I don't know what it is about this series. Probably that I don't feel sorry for any of the characters besides Peach and the "old" people, Ryosuke and Shouko. I just want to see everyone else suffer :rofl:

I think that's one part of it that is very unlike Last Friends. At least Ruka and Takeru there were very sweet and good people you really sympathized with. I mean, the maturity level between this and Last Friends is miles away. This reminds me of all the shoujo manga I hate. An innocent girl going after some bastard prettyboy and ignoring some equally hot guy who also happens to be awesome. I was always annoyed by that.

Ok, truth be told, this isn't that simple. Nakaji is the bastard prettyboy, but Haru is not the dumb and blind girl. She does understand the situation and appreciates Doctor (you can't force love though), but I still think she's only hurting herself more by wanting Nakaji as a friend. And he should understand that you can NEVER be "just friends" with someone you like romantically (at the time you like them, that is) and give the girl a break. He should break it off completely and let her move on, not walk her home and joke and flirt with her.

I can't wait for episode 6. I have a feeling I'll hate Nakaji even more...
Doctor gets together with Haru, Kiriko dumps Nakaji, like she should and I thinks, at least by how they're showing it, that Nakaji will go for "the next best thing", Haru. Which is gonna make him reach a whole other level of "royal jerk". If he even thinks about gunning for her on the rebound, I will be pissed. :glare:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 19th, '10, 11:45

miznagase wrote:
kimigasukinanda wrote:Reported.
:lol that just made my day!!!
LOL, mine too. The words "hissy fit" and "delusions of power" come to mind... :rofl: :hissy: :rofl:

Okie now, best to ignore the one screaming for attention and move on. Back to our regular discussion....(thanks lilswtangel *bows*)
bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote: LOL, aren't a lot of these types of J-dramas soap opera-ish? :P

The phrase "Suspension of Disbelief" came to mind. :mrgreen:
Heh, at least he didn't single-handedly kick all their gangster asses. Now THAT would be farfetched! :lol He was clumsy with his briefcase attack and was no match for them.

More thoughts on Nakaji (no, I'm not crazy about Nakaji but since he's the focal point and central character..) -

Yep, Nakaji is a 'bad boy'. See, he even has that weird tattoo to certify his bad boy credentials.. :P
Why does Haru need to apologize to him for Peach? He should apologize for pushing her down roughly (bowing his head is not an apology), and for blabbing flippantly that Doctor and Haru make a good couple knowing very well the girl's got a HUGE crush on you. How insensitive?? :glare: Peach, you go girl! Loved how she threw that drink on his face!

What kinda man is Nakaji to go on with his affair with this married woman for 7 years? If he loves Kiriko, then he should ask her to leave her husband, and marry her to make an honest woman out of her. He is playing with fire by carrying on with this sordid affair for so many years. If her husband finds out, no when her husband finds out (and he has), they'll both be in trouble. What if Kiriko's husband is some bad ass yakuza? Nakaji is not thinking with his bigger organ here...behaving very irresponsibly like this...expecting things to work out between him and Kiriko without doing something about it. Is he contented to remain Kiriko's secret lover forever? Clearly not, as it disturbs him to see her hugging her husband. They are both clinging to each other desperately but afraid to shake up the status quo. Two cowards who're afraid to take their destiny into their own hands. They're troubled inwardly cuz they know they can't go on forever like this. What if Kiriko gets pregnant with Nakaji's baby? Will he then gather the courage to man up and ask Kiriko to divorce her husband? Hmm...

Linda is in his late 20s/early 30s and only *now* discovering his gayness? Get out of here! :roll He's handsome and should have no problem finding a lover...visit some gay bars. Heh.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 19th, '10, 15:34

^Sorry, but I think you really need to rewatch the last few eppies because you seem confused about Nakaji and Kiriko-san. Kiriko-san had to marry her husband due to a family situation, it's not like she wanted to. Nakaji knows what he's doing, he's a smart (sexy, perfect, amazing) man and he's got things under control as far as his love life goes (which is more than I can say for anyone else on the show...)

Also, I don't see why he needs to apologize to anyone for anything. He didn't really push Haru, she just sort of fell because she was practically attacking him. And it's not cool how he's always getting attacked or yelled at... I feel so sorry for Eita-sama :cry: I don't like Peach AT ALL anymore after she threw that drank on him. :roll Isn't she supposed to be a mother? A mother who throws drinks on people when she doesn't like what they're saying? I really hate her character, personally.

I don't see how anyone could get **** vibes from Nakaji... he seems so perfect and honest and sweet. He's actually just trying to be kind, and it blows up in his face because of the people around him. Looks like he's going to get in trouble no matter what he does... I feel sorry for him, personally.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 19th, '10, 15:37

im glad this forum going back to normal discussion^^
things really heat up this past week with the not related to drama discussion^^;
and as Eita fans im kinda ashamed with his other fan trying to act so almighty and act like she know all about Eita and don't want to accept other people opinion of either Eita and the drama^^;

anyway im glad things have cool down xDD
i admit i kind of disappointed with how the drama turn out, it not that bad but i was hoping it could be better especially with Nakaji character:(
why does the writer have to make his as a jerk and kinda ignorant especially to Haru and keep giving her mixed signal:(
i know he is actually nice and always try to help his frend but at the same time he is very selfish as well^^:
and i hope Peach is not going to another one falling in love with his because we have enough love triangle or square already and i respect her for standing up against him for Haru :P

im still totally loving Eita&Juri interaction and chemistry it just that it is already ep5 and Nakaji still don't show any sign that he would fall in love with her accept for pity or just friendship:(
i miss their cute and fun moment in ep1&2, now it kinda dragging and getting much darker^^;
but i still wish Nakaji&Haru would end up together<3
i mean they finally act as love interest here i would be super pissed if they don't end up together again no matter what, just hope none of the main character going to die except for Kiriko :P
though kinda worried since people say this drama follow Kitagawa old drama plot exactly that mean Linda going to die, i hope she would at least change the ending a little bit and not recycle the drama exactly :P

anyway really hope this drama is not going to be Eita&Juri last collaboration and there is still next time and chance for them to act as a couple again and this time having mutual feeling for each other from the beginning would be refreshing rather than just one of them having one-sided love all the time ^^
and can't wait for ep6 since im so loving the last preview where Nakaji hug and comforting Haru<33
and they would have many sweet moment in the ep^^

Cerviel

Post by Cerviel » May 19th, '10, 15:46

Well... I love this drama! They're all so beautifully fucked up~
Even if Jaejoong isn't the best actor ever he's definitely eye candy and that alone would keep me watching it <3
I wouldn't be surprised if Haru and Nakaji were siblings.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '10, 15:48

kimigasukinanda wrote:^Sorry, but I think you really need to rewatch the last few eppies because you seem confused about Nakaji and Kiriko-san. Kiriko-san had to marry her husband due to a family situation, it's not like she wanted to. Nakaji knows what he's doing, he's a smart (sexy, perfect, amazing) man and he's got things under control as far as his love life goes (which is more than I can say for anyone else on the show...)

Also, I don't see why he needs to apologize to anyone for anything. He didn't really push Haru, she just sort of fell because she was practically attacking him. And it's not cool how he's always getting attacked or yelled at... I feel so sorry for Eita-sama :cry: I don't like Peach AT ALL anymore after she threw that drank on him. :roll Isn't she supposed to be a mother? A mother who throws drinks on people when she doesn't like what they're saying? I really hate her character, personally.

I don't see how anyone could get **** vibes from Nakaji... he seems so perfect and honest and sweet. He's actually just trying to be kind, and it blows up in his face because of the people around him. Looks like he's going to get in trouble no matter what he does... I feel sorry for him, personally.
In other words, Nakaji can do no wrong.

Hmmmm.... :blink

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 19th, '10, 17:05

...These episodes go by really fast. Before I knew it, it was over and I'm like... "So.....what exactly happen for the past 45 minutes?" It's weird, because I'm not all that super into the show and don't wanna lie to myself that I like the show like I did with Last Friends just because of the cast.

I'm just really interested in how it's all gonna turn out in the end. That Kiriko is really pissing me off though because I can't stand drama queens. I don't think Nakaji was having fits and threatening her husband and etc... so she's gonna act younger than Haru's age and do some high school girl crap... grrr it makes me so mad >_< The character is just so cliche.

And I'm more interested in Haru and her students and Haru's brother relationship and what's gonna happen. And the guy who plays Nakaji's father..... is he a well-known actor or a model or something because he's pretty cute for an older guy ^_^

But yeah... show's ok. I just think people need to separate the actresses/actors from the characters that they play. Every role that is being played is not does not justify the character because that actress or actor is playing them.......

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '10, 17:39

«minah» wrote:But yeah... show's ok. I just think people need to separate the actresses/actors from the characters that they play. Every role that is being played is not does not justify the character because that actress or actor is playing them.......
Right on. :thumright:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 19th, '10, 19:15

kimigasukinanda wrote:I don't see how anyone could get **** vibes from Nakaji... he seems so perfect and honest and sweet.
are you serious?! :blink
kimigasukinanda wrote:He's actually just trying to be kind, and it blows up in his face because of the people around him. Looks like he's going to get in trouble no matter what he does... I feel sorry for him, personally.
i think he shows some signs that he's a genuinely good guy, like when he went to go help peach, but he needs to stop being a playboy and either tell haru straight up that they'll never be a couple or dump kiriko's ass.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '10, 19:38

miznagase wrote:
kimigasukinanda wrote:I don't see how anyone could get **** vibes from Nakaji... he seems so perfect and honest and sweet.
are you serious?! :blink
Yeah, that was my reaction. :blink

It's denial, plain and simple.

EDIT: A pic I found on the 'net. :)

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 19th, '10, 21:15

bmwracer wrote:Image
^wow, eita sure looks like a sexy model in that pic :wub:
juri looks like nodame with glasses :D

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 20th, '10, 03:15

kimigasukinanda wrote:^ feel so sorry for Eita-sama :cry: .
Nakaji DOESN"T= Eita. This point has been repeated several times. Eita is making plenty of money to get water thrown on him, and building his career. I am sure he doesn't mind.

I do think that Nakaji is basically a good guy, who is having a hard time accepting the reality of his situation. His romantic life is less than ideal, and he had no friends up until now. But, he needs to think more about his actions.
I hope Kiriko's husband doesn't seek revenge on Nakaji, he is not the one who is breaking vows!
Although I too am a little disappointed that this drama seems to be not quite living up to it's potential, I enjoy watching to see how it will all turn out.

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » May 20th, '10, 04:43

I hope Kiriko's husband doesn't seek revenge on Nakaji, he is not the one who is breaking vows!
However, I think that Kiriko's husband would get back on Nakaji sooner or later. Nakaji is somewhat making Kiriko break her vows too because he knows her situation and yet, he tolerates Kiriko. I know that they love each other and that Kiriko was forced into the marriage but I think part of the problem is Nakaji's fault, too.
Last edited by arcticmoonrise on May 20th, '10, 05:14, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 04:45

^ Spoiler tags, please. :sweat:

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 20th, '10, 06:22

bmwracer wrote: In other words, Nakaji can do no wrong.

Hmmmm.... :blink
Oh, no, definitely he can do wrong. Like that purple jacket was just not cute last week lol... I'm glad Linda took it (hope he keeps it!). However, I just think Nakaji is really misunderstood by some people here. Honestly, when I watch the show, I think "wow he's so kind, sweet and honest yet tactful at the same time," and then I come here to people saying he's an ****. I guess people are just seeing things differently.

I don't see how he's leading Haru on. She's just desperate and kind of pathetic, IMO, always clinging to him when she knows he's got a girlfriend waiting at home. Like I said before, I live in Japan most of the time (actually, I live kind of near one of the cafes the showed in a multimillion dollar condo with great views lol) and I know how Japanese guys work. He's not going to sit down and flatout say "I don't like you like that." By doing things like setting her up with Doctor, talking about his girlfriend and not giving in to her advances, he's sending a clear message (very clear to Japanese people).

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 20th, '10, 11:23

kimigasukinanda wrote: (actually, I live kind of near one of the cafes the showed in a multimillion dollar condo with great views lol)
Not really seeing the connection to Dramas in this sentance...
kimigasukinanda wrote: I don't see how he's leading Haru on. She's just desperate and kind of pathetic, IMO, always clinging to him when she knows he's got a girlfriend waiting at home.
I don't think Haru is deparate, and I don't think Nakaji is an ****. I don"t think he is really "leading her on" per se, but there is a lot of chemistry there. I think he could be a little more careful of his behavior.
As for a girlfriend "waiting at home".... that is not really true. Kiriko is a married woman who has a husband to worry about. She seems to have increased her time with Nakaji, because she is feeling threatened by the clear spark between Haru and him. Ep. 4, he only went out because she said she was leaving. She only stayed because she realized he was with Haru.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 13:39

lissamae wrote:
As for a girlfriend "waiting at home".... that is not really true. Kiriko is a married woman who has a husband to worry about. She seems to have increased her time with Nakaji, because she is feeling threatened by the clear spark between Haru and him. Ep. 4, he only went out because she said she was leaving. She only stayed because she realized he was with Haru.
Yes. :thumright:

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 20th, '10, 17:52

One good thing as the series wears on -- Haru's hairstyles change for the better :)

The rest -- well. I'm not so sure I can hang in till the end :(

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 18:50

stolenxkisses wrote:One good thing as the series wears on -- Haru's hairstyles change for the better :)
LOL. :lol

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 20th, '10, 18:53

kimigasukinanda wrote:
Reported.
kimigasukinanda - I didn't start this thread so that you could turn it into a warzone. The thread is for general discussion of Sunao ni Narenakute. Cool it or take your inflammatory comments somewhere else.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 19:08

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
kimigasukinanda wrote:
Reported.
kimigasukinanda - I didn't start this thread so that you could turn it into a warzone. The thread is for general discussion of Sunao ni Narenakute. Cool it or take your inflammatory comments somewhere else.
The moderator has stepped in already... I think everything's been settled.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 20th, '10, 19:11

bmwracer wrote:
vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
kimigasukinanda wrote:

Reported.
The moderator has stepped in already... I think everything's been settled.
So I see. Thanks mod! :salut:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 20th, '10, 19:48

episode 6 is the best episode so far
like most of you have mentioned before, haru started going out with doctor out of gratitude.
it's obvious that she doesn't feel any true romantic emotions towards doctor.
he tried to kiss her, but she didn't let him :-( (i've been wanting them to kiss, darn! :P )
i feel so bad for doctor :cry: they don't have mutual feelings toward each other.
i don't agree with haru's actions regarding this because she clearly still has feelings for nakaji, and doctor is going to be devastated when she breaks up with him :cry:

the reason i thought this episode is the best one so far is because kiriko and nakaji finally broke up :cheers:
kiriko messed up everyone's lives.
i know i shouldn't feel bad for nakaji because he knew that she's married and all, but she's just so horrible and manipulative that i felt a little bit of pity for him.
i don't feel sorry for her at all. she made her own decisions.
it pissed me off when she said that her husband loves her because he forgave her for the affair :glare:
if she didn't truly love nakaji, then why didn't she leave him the eff off?! :x
she used nakaji for sex and is using her husband for money :roll
i think i changed my mind about nakaji being an ass.
being with a girl like kiriko would make anyone a bastard :lol

on to a different topic, i think haru said the right thing to her student in jail.
doctor wasn't too happy about what she said, though, and i totally understand.
he was beaten up because of that kid, and it takes a lot of courage to forgive someone who did that.

i thought the conversation between haru and nakaji at the end was really touching.
nakaji texting haru "gambare" was sooooooooooooo sweet!!! :wub:
i wanted them to kiss, but then i remembered that haru's going out with doctor :P
can't wait for the next episode, and hopefully there's going to be more romance :wub:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 19:56

Ah, so that punk student is in jail?

Good.

Serves him right if he ended up being someone's b-i-t-c-h in jail.... Little twerp.
EDIT: Didn't realize episode 6 is out already: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1290364 :sweat:

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 20th, '10, 21:49

^^Can you stop trying to get around the forum's filter system with your foul language? There are users as young as 5 years old here, and I don't think that's very appropriate.

Anyway, I hated episode 6!
I think it was the worst episode EVER!

It was so slow and boring. What happened to the dramatic, crazy stuffs? Doctor was boring and creepy once again, showing what a psycho he is. Why would you go on dates and have your sister sitting right there? No wonder he hasn't had a girlfriend.

Also, I hate Kiriko-san now! What a freak! She dumped my baby Nakaji for no raisin other than she was afraid of her husband. Why can't she see what a catch he is? She should divorce her old man husband. :alcoholic:

Haru was so annoying too! She kept complaining about her DRUGGY brother, the little freak in her class, etc. and didn't even give Nakaji a chance to talk, when HE was the depressed looking one when they were at the konbini (that means convenience store in Japanese). Really hoping that next week's episode is more interesting, cuz this one was not as fun as the others.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 20th, '10, 22:10

If a 5 year old is watching Sunao ni narenakute enough to come here and be able to comment on it/read comments on it (assuming he/she can even use a computer or know what it is), I don't think that word will shock the kid that much and even if the word "puppy" was there, the meaning would still be of mature nature so it wouldn't make a difference. I do think his/her parents need to really get their kid examined though. :lol One also doesn't need to swear for it to be considered foul language, as you've demonstrated for us lately.

Please refrain from commenting on other members' methods and style unless you yourself are offended by it. Everyone in this thread right now is an adult and has no problem with such words. If we see a 5 year old here, we'll be more proper and if he goes and digs deep to find the "potty mouthed" things we've said, it's his/her problem and would frankly make the kid mentally unstable to do that so I don't see how it is possible. ^ ^

I got epi 6 ready and will watch. Can't bear to wait for the subs anymore when I understand most of what's going on. Been waiting impatiently for a week. Time to see how it's going! :D

I did find out something though. Something possibly very important. Although people probably already noticed it. I saw it just now.
It seems the door we first saw in ep 1 where the blood comes from is in fact, a bathroom stall. Explains the big opening on the top and we actually see it from the reflection of a bathroom mirror. Plus, there are tiles there. So, the amount of blood doesn't mean the person there is dead since we're talking very small space. So, it can also be anyone. It can be a miscarriage by Peach or a small wound. Of course, it can also be more serious. Nakaji is holding on to his cell phone at that point, so if things don't change, it's probably someone who has his number (so it's not going to be some random person like Haru's brother or Doctor's sister)
Well, watched 6, but I will refrain from commenting yet. I'd like to have subs first since there was a lot I didn't get here. Also, had the sound way down as to avoid headphones (head hurts a bit) so I got even less. XD The plot is thickening though. And Doctor is still so kawaii. He gets excited to easily though. Lol. Needs some self-control.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '10, 23:59

kimigasukinanda wrote:^^Can you stop trying to get around the forum's filter system with your foul language? There are users as young as 5 years old here, and I don't think that's very appropriate.
Give me a break... Five year old members???

Sheesh.

BTW, you've used profanity in some of your previous posts as well and they were bleeped out, so don't try to come off as being holier than anyone else. :glare:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 21st, '10, 00:35

I dunno why anyone is paying attention to this kimigasukinanda. I'm just ignoring her comments... the more you respond to them, the more her comments will just not sit with you and others.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 01:24

miznagase wrote:episode 6 is the best episode so far
like most of you have mentioned before, haru started going out with doctor out of gratitude.
it's obvious that she doesn't feel any true romantic emotions towards doctor.
he tried to kiss her, but she didn't let him :-( (i've been wanting them to kiss, darn! :P )
i feel so bad for doctor :cry: they don't have mutual feelings toward each other.
i don't agree with haru's actions regarding this because she clearly still has feelings for nakaji, and doctor is going to be devastated when she breaks up with him :cry:

the reason i thought this episode is the best one so far is because kiriko and nakaji finally broke up :cheers:
kiriko messed up everyone's lives.
i know i shouldn't feel bad for nakaji because he knew that she's married and all, but she's just so horrible and manipulative that i felt a little bit of pity for him.
i don't feel sorry for her at all. she made her own decisions.
it pissed me off when she said that her husband loves her because he forgave her for the affair :glare:
if she didn't truly love nakaji, then why didn't she leave him the eff off?! :x
she used nakaji for sex and is using her husband for money :roll
i think i changed my mind about nakaji being an ass.
being with a girl like kiriko would make anyone a bastard :lol

on to a different topic, i think haru said the right thing to her student in jail.
doctor wasn't too happy about what she said, though, and i totally understand.
he was beaten up because of that kid, and it takes a lot of courage to forgive someone who did that.

i thought the conversation between haru and nakaji at the end was really touching.
nakaji texting haru "gambare" was sooooooooooooo sweet!!! :wub:
i wanted them to kiss, but then i remembered that haru's going out with doctor :P
can't wait for the next episode, and hopefully there's going to be more romance :wub:
Love has a way to make anyone look like an ass.
I love the day at the zoo. That was one of my favorite scenes. It was very cute and charming.

Thank you for explaining a little bit of the scene at the end. I have to wait for the episode to be subtitled to truly appreciate it. It does confirms the closeness between Haru and Nakaji compared to the other characters.

I think Kiriko did love Nakaji. She was in tears as she was leaving his place. Just not enough to leave her husband I guess. We know we haven't seen the last of her so that sucks.

Haru's situation with Doctor is not uncommon. I kinda sympathize with her because her intentions are good just not fair to Doctor. He's so single-minded that I don't know if he can avoid the incoming pain.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » May 21st, '10, 01:32

right now all have to say is Juri and Eita together again 8)

Outside

Post by Outside » May 21st, '10, 02:10

YEAH! Rating went up a little!!! it's 11.6% for episode 6!

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 21st, '10, 03:16

Outside wrote:YEAH! Rating went up a little!!! it's 11.6% for episode 6!
That's great news! I hope more people see what a great drama this is... honestly, it's my favorite since Buzzer Beat!

And sorry guys, but my 5 year old son reads this forum a lot because he watches Sunao ni Narenakute with me... hope we can just keep it clean or at least censored for him. :whistling:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 21st, '10, 04:14

kimigasukinanda wrote:And sorry guys, but my 5 year old son reads this forum a lot because he watches Sunao ni Narenakute with me... hope we can just keep it clean or at least censored for him. :whistling:
LOL :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 05:00

Just finished watching Episode 6.

No subs yet, but I sort a got the gist of the episode... The last ten minutes were really good, probably even better when the subs show up. :mrgreen:
You could practically see the forces pulling Haru and Nakaji together and also pulling them apart... It's a really well-acted scene, I think.
A nice closure to the episode: no cliffhangers or cliches. :thumright:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 05:43

bmwracer wrote:Just finished watching Episode 6.

No subs yet, but I sort a got the gist of the episode... The last ten minutes were really good, probably even better when the subs show up. :mrgreen:
You could practically see the forces pulling Haru and Nakaji together and also pulling them apart... It's a really well-acted scene, I think.
Kudos to Juri chan for knocking it out of the park.
It was pretty funny how Haru turned her head when Doctor tried to kiss her. That would be pretty embarrassing for anyone.

I really can't wait for the subtitles to truly appreciate the episode. From what I can gather, I would say events are pushing them closer together but outside forces are keeping them apart.
Last edited by condorjoe on May 21st, '10, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 21st, '10, 07:31

I can't stop thinking about the way she's not being fair to Doctor through all the scenes with Nakaji. So it makes it hard for me to watch those scenes with proper enjoyment :( I wish they'd just clear it up so I can root for Nakaji and Haru without feeling so guilty.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » May 21st, '10, 08:04

omgee you guys are quick at keeping up with the series, i'm still waiting on querbeet's episode 5 and it's killing me to read about how great ep6 is, haha. :D

it's only expected that things will start picking up as so far (until ep4 i mean) the progress has been regular but nothing much of a climax.

just a bit of my opinion here: people like Kiriko-san piss me off. they're selfish for holding on to a third party so tightly when in the case that they call it quits, she still has her husband to return to when Nakaji would have no one. she's one messed up woman alright.

i guess i'm a bit biased towards Haru cos I tend to root for characters like hers, pure and fresh... i didn't just make her sound like milk, did i... lol. it's rare that these qualities can be preserved but at least it'd be great if she can find happiness out of them.
stolenxkisses wrote: I can't stop thinking about the way she's not being fair to Doctor through all the scenes with Nakaji. So it makes it hard for me to watch those scenes with proper enjoyment I wish they'd just clear it up so I can root for Nakaji and Haru without feeling so guilty.
it'd be hard for her to make a clear decision as Nakaji had shown animosity towards her, yet she really likes him... and at the same time Dr. is so keen on showing his feelings to her and it's hard for someone like her to reject him directly. i'm taking this as another pinch of reality that makes this drama relatable. :D in real life things tend to get dragged no matter how messy they may be right?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 09:32

I think we can also all agree that Eita and Juri's acting in this episode was phenomenal. Eita had to convey a looot of things with just expressions and he nailed it every time. It was a pleasure to watch!
Did you see his face when Doctor announced he and Haru are going out? I mean, OUCH! He managed to look politely upbeat and smiling, but his eyes just looked shocked and hurt. He was acting like a man acting to be ok but being sad. Layers upon layers :cheers: That's not an easy thing to do. And of course, the whole rejection by Kiriko was awesome too.

I have to say, I don't think Kiriko left him for her own sake. I know she's a b*tch and it's probably like she said, but the way she acted after leaving his house, I actually think that for once, she was thinking about him. I doubt her husband is so understanding. He could very well have threatened her to break it off or he'd hurt/ruin Nakaji. Or then she decided that since things did go down the drain and her husband found out and Nakaji is also drifting away, she had to let him go and accept the life she made for herself. I think that if it were so simple, she wouldn't act so cold with him and then cry like that when he was no longer looking. There's something fishy going on there.

As for Haru, I think she just made the first major mistake she's done with Doctor. She is clearly doing it for his sake and also because Nakaji keeps pushing her that way. But c'mon! Is Nakaji your pimp, woman? Just cause he wanted you out of his hair, doesn't mean you have to obey. And also, seeing how sensitive Doctor is, can't she see he'll get very hurt? This is the first time Haru is disappointing me. I mean, she did go through a shock and is having a rough time, but that's no excuse. Peach was having a whole worse time, alone and hurt, but she never did anything wrong by her friends and always looked out for them.

I don't know if this is written as it goes, but maybe the writers noticed people hate Nakaji so they are trying to balance things by making Haru make mistakes too. And of course trying to make us feel sorry for Nakaji. Ain't working with me, sorry. :P

Boy, is Doctor's sister gonna b*tch slap Haru if something happens with Nakaji.

Could the japanese speaking people explain something to me? I think the doctor (the real one) said that Peach, her body and her baby are fine. Did I get that right? I didn't see enough crying and drama to convince me otherwise. I'm really glad she didn't lose the baby and I hope she never does. I want her a happy mom at the end. The girl deserves it.

Outside

Post by Outside » May 21st, '10, 11:45

Episode 7 Synopsis
Nakaji, is shocked because Kiriko told him to break up, and didn't even show any interest when Linda brought news that he could work as an assistant for a famous camera man.

On the other hand, Haru is confused by Doctor's sudden exaggerative actions. In reality, Doctor had found out from his sister Minha about seeing Nakaji and Haru together. To prove it he had photo proof too.

Right then, Haru's school's principal acknowledges that she didn't take a break even after the attack from Matsushima and his group, and tells her that he knows about someone who's looking for a full-time teacher at a private high school, and recommends her to take a test for it.

On another day, Linda calls up everyone, and celebrates with the Sunanare group on Nakaji's success with his new column. Because of studying for the exam, Haru leaves the shop first. Then Doctor tells a lie to Nakaji, Linda and Peach who were left at the shop, saying that he has a "adult relationship" with Haru...

Source: [Sunao ni Narenakute HP]
Translation Credits: tvxq_luv@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net
Wow, so someone is right. They are slowly turning Doc's character into this crazy jealousy boyfriend. I hope it's not turning into 'Last friends'. I'll so give up on it if they make Doc abuse Haru, and force her into any sexual acts. Jaejoong, are you sure you want to start out your acting career with this?!

Whatever the case is, I hope this is the original concept and not because they are desperately seeking for more rating!

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 21st, '10, 12:45

stolenxkisses wrote: I can't stop thinking about the way she's not being fair to Doctor through all the scenes with Nakaji. So it makes it hard for me to watch those scenes with proper enjoyment :( I wish they'd just clear it up so I can root for Nakaji and Haru without feeling so guilty.
Me too. I feel sorry for Doctor. Right now, I don't really care if Haru and Nakaji end up together, not if they're gonna be hurting all their friends in order to be together.
Doctor is very smitten with Haru and so overjoyed that she's finally given him a chance to date her. This is just like a korean melodrama...lol. I always have more sympathy for the underdog second fiddle and sometimes root for him to be with the lead actress even though he has no chance in hell. Second fiddles serve their important purpose because they cheer up the main girl with their thoughtful and sweet ways and make her feel valuable when the lead actor is acting like an unappreciative, fickle-minded jerk towards her. We feel bad for Doctor because we just know Haru is gonna use him and leave him. :(
Orion1986 wrote:I think we can also all agree that Eita and Juri's acting in this episode was phenomenal. Eita had to convey a looot of things with just expressions and he nailed it every time. It was a pleasure to watch!
Did you see his face when Doctor announced he and Haru are going out? I mean, OUCH! He managed to look politely upbeat and smiling, but his eyes just looked shocked and hurt. He was acting like a man acting to be ok but being sad. Layers upon layers :cheers: That's not an easy thing to do. And of course, the whole rejection by Kiriko was awesome too.
Yep, Nakaji was *trying* to be happy for them, but he was miserable and not hiding it very well. It all showed on his face with how he stole little hurt glances at Haru. Can't say I wasn't feeling some sort of satisfaction seeing Nakaji's flabbergasted reaction. Well Nakaji, you pushed them together and now they're calling your bluff. Hah. :wink:

And he looked downright FURIOUS with Kiriko when she told him that she was going to dump him. She made him feel like a cheap, used toyboy. He had a frightening glare in his eyes....it makes me think that he's going to pay back Kiriko in some way. Hurt her back, perhaps. Hmm.
I have to say, I don't think Kiriko left him for her own sake. I know she's a b*tch and it's probably like she said, but the way she acted after leaving his house, I actually think that for once, she was thinking about him. I doubt her husband is so understanding. He could very well have threatened her to break it off or he'd hurt/ruin Nakaji. Or then she decided that since things did go down the drain and her husband found out and Nakaji is also drifting away, she had to let him go and accept the life she made for herself. I think that if it were so simple, she wouldn't act so cold with him and then cry like that when he was no longer looking. There's something fishy going on there.
My take is, Kiriko is protecting herself from possible rejection and further hurt. Kiriko is not a stable person and her words cannot be trusted. She's moody, needy and very weak. Kiriko is insecure and afraid of losing Nakaji to Haru, and if she gambles putting her whole future with Nakaji and he leaves her later on, Kiriko will have nothing left. At least now, she has a comfy life and a husband who probably doesn't spend as much time with her as she likes (hence she seeks out Nakaji in her lonely spells), but seems like a faithful husband who adores her. Kiriko does love Nakaji, I don't doubt that. But she loves herself more. She feels Nakaji's waning interest in her and sees his attraction and chemistry with Haru, a girl closer to his age and more compatible with him. So Kiriko will reject Nakaji and break up with him first before he has a chance to reject her. She doesn't really want to leave him but she's afraid to lose. However, I think Kiriko will not be able to keep her resolve and stay away from Nakaji because she's completely co-dependent. Just when Nakaji is starting to heal and get over her, I'll bet Kiriko will beg him to take her back. Argh.
As for Haru, I think she just made the first major mistake she's done with Doctor. She is clearly doing it for his sake and also because Nakaji keeps pushing her that way. But c'mon! Is Nakaji your pimp, woman? Just cause he wanted you out of his hair, doesn't mean you have to obey. And also, seeing how sensitive Doctor is, can't she see he'll get very hurt? This is the first time Haru is disappointing me. I mean, she did go through a shock and is having a rough time, but that's no excuse. Peach was having a whole worse time, alone and hurt, but she never did anything wrong by her friends and always looked out for them.
Yeah, Haru is going out with Doctor because she's grateful to him...which is completely misguided, although I understand where she's coming from. She's moved by Doctor's love and act of bravery and since even Nakaji seems to approve of Doctor, she relents and decides to give them both a chance to be happy. How will Haru know that she'll never like Doctor back the same way that he likes her if she doesn't at least give him a chance? Sometimes love can grow between two people, sometimes it doesn't. But Haru has no place in her heart for Doctor because her heart and mind are filled with Nakaji. Unless she gets over Nakaji, Doctor will have no chance. And I don't see Haru getting over Nakaji because she always wants to be close to him, and he's the first person she thinks of calling when she wants to confide her problems to someone. Nakaji is the only person that Haru exposes her heart to.

I hope Haru comes to her senses soon and be honest with Doctor and herself before he falls too deeply for her. Sigh.
I don't know if this is written as it goes, but maybe the writers noticed people hate Nakaji so they are trying to balance things by making Haru make mistakes too. And of course trying to make us feel sorry for Nakaji. Ain't working with me, sorry. :P

Boy, is Doctor's sister gonna b*tch slap Haru if something happens with Nakaji.
Hahaa.. writers reading the audience feedback online about the characters? Maybe so. Are they still filming? Although, Eita playing Nakaji softens up the character considerably for me. If it had been someone else like Yamapi or Ryo playing Nakaji, I'd just want to see the character get pushed off a high cliff by Kiriko's husband or Kiriko herself. Or both of them getting a nasty STD. Serves him right for getting entangled with that slut. :lol

But seriously, I don't hate Kiriko. She's like someone Nakaji has to experience before he becomes a man.... Kiriko is sorta like Nakaji's Mrs. Robinson. She is there to teach him all the ropes and stuff so that when Nakaji and Haru get together, he'll be one smooth lover for her. :whistling: Actually, Haru should thank Kiriko for giving Nakaji lesssons. Knowing how innocent and pure Haru is, it'll be a riot to see her and Doctor, who's equally as naive as her, get to second and third base with each other. :D
By the way, I also agree that Juri's hairstyle has improved. Side parting suits her much better and she looks cute in a pony tail. :thumleft:

occhokochoi

Post by occhokochoi » May 21st, '10, 13:33

Orion1986 wrote:I think we can also all agree that Eita and Juri's acting in this episode was phenomenal. Eita had to convey a looot of things with just expressions and he nailed it every time. It was a pleasure to watch!
only problem with this is highlighting how terrible doctor and peachi are :goggle: but yeah can't fault Eita and Juri :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 13:34

condorjoe wrote:

Kudos to Juri chan for knocking it out of the park.
It was pretty funny how Haru turned her head when Doctor tried to kiss her. That would be pretty embarrassing for anyone.

I really can't wait for the subtitles to truly appreciate the episode. From what I can gather, I would say events are pushing them closer together but outside forces are keeping them apart.
Exactly.

Seeing how things are progressing, could it be that
Doctor is the one behind the door with the blood flowing out from under it?

As I mentioned a while back, his dedication to Haru could be turning into a full-blown crazed obsession.... :sweat:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 21st, '10, 14:58

I'd like to ask whether anyone knows the instrumental that was played drg episode 1 and 2 in the scenes:
Episode 1
- when Linda apologizes to Peach at the hotel room, then the scene when Haru and Nakaji walking down the stairs of his house. (it's a short one but I love it)

Episode 2
- During the scene at the hospital after Peach tried to commit suicide, when she said " I want to be reborn..etc..."
I checked your blog btw, stolenxkisses which is a really good analysis of the soundtrack. I just couldn't seem to find this one.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 15:19

It really is a beautiful piece. I think it's part of the piece we've heard during the intro in the last few episodes. I think it's part of the score or an acoustic version of some song, so I don't think you'll find it unless they release a score for the series later on. It does seem to be the main theme song (as in orchestral theme song) so I'm sure we'll find it eventually. It will be in a soundtrack they release. At least, it should be.

About the end of 6
Last Friends has ruined any hug between these two for me :rofl: The hug at the end of episode 8 in that one was just so emotional, so beautiful and so well done, that rarely will a hug between these two or anyone else for that matter, move me so much anymore. :cry: I don't want to piss people of by comparing these two, but I can't help it. When you have such a good reference point, you can't help but compare. Even though they're very different. Which is why I'm not comparing plot so much. But hugs we can compare from any series/movies and at least between these two actors, that was just so awesome.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 15:59

Orion1986 wrote:About the end of 6
Last Friends has ruined any hug between these two for me :rofl: The hug at the end of episode 8 in that one was just so emotional, so beautiful and so well done, that rarely will a hug between these two or anyone else for that matter, move me so much anymore. :cry: I don't want to piss people of by comparing these two, but I can't help it. When you have such a good reference point, you can't help but compare. Even though they're very different. Which is why I'm not comparing plot so much. But hugs we can compare from any series/movies and at least between these two actors, that was just so awesome.
You can't really compare the two, because the situation and motivations were quite different... You have to analyze them a separate entities unto themselves.

That said, nothing compares to the Chiaki-Nodame glomp in Episode 11 of Nodame Cantabile... It's so wonderfully joyous and heartwarming... I smile just thinking about it. :mrgreen: