You're Beautiful (SBS, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 25th, '10, 12:35

Well, if you have your order number you should be able to track it. If not, write them an email. I don't understand their lame excuse because of Lunar Year. It's nonsense!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 26th, '10, 07:35

I still have no news of my package either, so I'll be e-mailing them as well.

I don't mind a delay so much, if I'm notified about it. They, however, have not told us of any delay so they better get ready for some mail. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 10:40

it seems like people are getting their packages without getting their shipping + tracking number e-mails. so don't be suprised if you heard the postman(woman) bell.
but for us in Europe, i think it will take longer

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 26th, '10, 10:52

I just came here to tell you the same thing XD

Yep, all we can do is wait. And turns out, the extras aren't subbed... Dang.. We need to urge some group/person to sub them for us.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 12:39

damn, no subs for extras?
and you know what? so far all minam goodies were mouse pads. :O i am just wondering all those nice goodies, to which lucky person will go??? please let it be me, let it be me. i want that Yepp mp3 player and piggyrabbit. heheheh i know, i am too greedy :P
i am just worring about extra custome charges that i might get. i already paid too much :x

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 26th, '10, 22:33

Well, I do like the mousepad, but a pig-rabbit would be awesome. I doubt we'd get the bigger version though. Ebay it is. :P

I wonder what happened with those autographs. They did say some fans might get actual ones and not copies. Are they the ones on the poster, I wonder and how do you know which is made with pen? Maybe if you turn the poster towards the light... You should be able to see if it's part of the picture or done on top of it.

basbosa2OO9

Post by basbosa2OO9 » Feb 26th, '10, 22:44

i love this drama soooo much :wub:
even with people say that it just emiti coffe prince >> i did not find any similarity
i love tea kong >> jang suk
my com. is full of his pic.
:wub:
jeremy i hope if i could hug him 4 real >>> i cann't 4git ep14 i cried alot " the seance in bus when he was singing and go mi nam right to him "

all of kdrama lovers watch u r beatifull :thumright:

darcydevenus

Post by darcydevenus » Feb 26th, '10, 23:37

Still wating for my package too... can't wait. No similarities to Coffee Prince... totally different. I agree!!!!! Can't wait anyways!!!!

hxcswitch

Post by hxcswitch » Feb 27th, '10, 04:24

Does anyone know anything about getting the music from this show? The DA wiki page doesn't have any of the song titles or artists listed so I don't know how to start searching...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 09:07

Have you searched here? Type and search, here we have all songs. And writing the title of drama helps, you know.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 27th, '10, 11:11

Osts and extra insert songs here

Also, if anyone did not make the deadline and would like the Director's Cut DVD, look here

I'm still waiting for my package here. It's Saturday so I'll keep an eye out again on Monday. Also, they have winter leave here and the postage stuff can really suck sometimes. Additionally, I ordered just a couple of days before the deadline so I'll be getting mine later anyway.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 22:20

just got my DVDs two hours ago. it came around 7pm our time (different delivery service than post office) and i was totally suprised to get it at this hour.
as for minam goodies, i got a mous pad. not complaing but i wanted to get some of those autographed pictures, preferably TK one. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '10, 22:40

Lucky you, Issy! I'm with you, honey^^

And I found some goodies you can buy:
YAB stuff

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 3rd, '10, 00:59

Still waiting for mine here. I did order just two days before the deadline though.

I just hope I get everything and in good condition. Some people have had problems with a few things. Like not getting the membership card even though they did all they were supposed to or sometimes something else was missing.

I just hooooope I get everything fast and without anything missing or in bad condition. I did pay a shirtload of money so I would like to get something good for my troubles. :P

Congrats, Issy! Enjoy! :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 3rd, '10, 01:46

Thanks guys.
to be honest i don't even remember what it should be included or not so have no idea if there is something missing or not but the membership card with my name on it is there so its a bit of relief.

although i am so happy to get it this soon, but the time is not on my side. will be working 6 days a week starting this week and next so i don't even have time to scratch my head, let alone watching and enjoying. :crazy: unless if do what i did with YAB, HGD, BV and HJY. :P and is to keep watching despite the work next day and only have 2-4 hours of sleep. but the sideffects? walking looking like zombie all day long. yep, not a nice sight to see first thing in the morning. :P

Thanks alot E^^ for all those goodies link on yesasia. i am afraid i have to pass because spend enough money on dvds as it is. not to mention seeing that chuno 2010 calender on Innolife that just too beautiful to ignore and very tempting. the link is on chuno thread if you're interested. i think i need to start saving again because i don't think i can pass on its dvds at all damn you TH :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 3rd, '10, 09:56

This is what people usually call obsession, hon^^
Thanks for the links, but I guess I have to pass, a friend of mine is going to Japan in a month (hanami o suru baka, <naiteru>) so I have to spend all my savings on Japanese stuff, sniff....

anne_revenant

Post by anne_revenant » Mar 4th, '10, 03:52

Sorry for interjecting on the conversation but I just wanted to say that this drama was hilarious, sweet, painful and cute at the same time. I literally felt like my heart broke for Jeremy on the bus - his goofy optimism was my favorite part of the show! As for the collectibles, my boyfriend and I are in an argument over who will get who a pig rabbit. He's never seen the drama but just wants one because it 'looks awesome' and I want one because it's cute and, duh, the show. Ok, I'm done.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '10, 05:29

Well, everyone is welcomed in da house of YAB^^

tanteun

Post by tanteun » Mar 4th, '10, 08:19

can i join here? :) Just re-watched again last weekend , first i wanted to wait 'till my DVD arrive but miss Hyung-nim so much. And yesterday i got my DVD, only managed to watch the extras n can't wait this weekend to watch the whole series again.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '10, 12:34

Everyone is warm welcomed here^^ We are friendly community of slightly unhinged noonas^^ (hope I didn't offend anyone, mehehe)...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 4th, '10, 12:37

Ethlenn wrote:Everyone is warm welcomed here^^ We are friendly community of slightly unhinged noonas^^ (hope I didn't offend anyone, mehehe)...
Yes, welcome welcome
and don't worry dear, i don't think that you have affended anyone in that catogory. :P after all, it's a word of truth

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '10, 12:47

Yesss... I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure who is the maddest one of us and will reply first. Katta, Issy chan^^!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 4th, '10, 13:02

We already established that we can't help it. He should not be so charming. South Korea is filled with handsome men, but it's like he was doused in fairydust upon birth or something. He just shines (and not the Twillight way XD ).

Anyway, my stuff arrived, but I gotta go to the customs to get mine. That means taking two buses to a place I've never been to. In a cold, snowy Tampere... I'll do it tomorrow XD

A big, warm welcome to the newest members here. Don't worry. We might be noonas drooling over a younger guy, but we are pretty mature people so you won't be getting any "OMG, I SOOOOOOOOOO wuv Sukkie ^^. He's like THE BEST. I wanna marry him and have his babies! He's like, HOOOOOOOT. KYAAAAAA" kind of situations. You might get similar ones, but let's face it. Nothing's worst than horny brainless teens. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 4th, '10, 13:12

Amen to that.

We just want for Sukkie to be more charming and to be our erotic toy ( we're mature enough, hehe).
And if he dared to glitter like those douchebag "vampires" I would most likely kill him myself, keke^^

tanteun

Post by tanteun » Mar 5th, '10, 02:31

thanks for the welcome, so i'm in the right place for noonas :D
I never thought that i'll fall for K-actor again since BYJ's era , usually i easily fall for singer but maybe because JKS singing made me fall deeply ^^ that voice!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 5th, '10, 08:42

Yesss... singing...

BTW I couldn't find confirmation about YAB 2. i guess it's still a wishful thinking.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 5th, '10, 15:37

Got my DC DVD set! Looks awesome! I got the mousepad and the membership card with me name on it and everything. Also, the booklets smell nice (yes, I like smelling things I'm gonna read XD ). Now I just need to buy the region-free DVD player and I'm set. Hope I won't have faulty DVDs. *crosses fingers and toes*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 5th, '10, 16:04

Whoa! I'm happy for you! Crossing my fingers (and hair) as well^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 11th, '10, 23:20

Any news on ripped DVD Director's Cut? If it's on Clubbox (sorry, no time to check every hour), let me know, I will download and reupload it all for you^^
I'm dying to see the elevator scene. And many more from what I know.

Yes, I have two hours spare time that is why I'm hanging around here, and yes, I'm having a gin with tonic^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '10, 23:36

i saw some links on YAB soompi thread. the deleted scenes and extra scenes.

you don't believe when i tell you i still have NOT watched mine. :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 11th, '10, 23:40

へえええええええええええええええええ???

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '10, 23:56

as i said in my previous post, it came at worst timing ever. hopefully next week. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 12th, '10, 00:04

Absolution is yours, my dear^^
Attachments
6d2e2a2c.jpg
6d2e2a2c.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
601b2e85.jpg
601b2e85.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
48be052a278965bf903a8296894c304a.jpg
48be052a278965bf903a8296894c304a.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 3127 times

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 12th, '10, 09:51

QUIET A TRANFORMATION 8) 8) 8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 12th, '10, 11:30

I started watching mine. The first 2 DVDs are good. Today I'll try and watch 3 and 4. Loving the subs, guys. Excellent quality. I was afraid we'd get something like google translate :lol It's just awesome. The cut scenes in eps 1-4 where small, but priceless. I'm glad I got this DVD box. SO glad. :D

tancho

Post by tancho » Mar 12th, '10, 14:04

thank you

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '10, 22:36

I guess they took fansubs and inserted them, mehehe^^ Subs in DVDs are horrible, like in Goong, gods of hell, that was awful.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '10, 23:39

Ethlenn wrote:I guess they took fansubs and inserted them, mehehe^^ Subs in DVDs are horrible, like in Goong, gods of hell, that was awful.
:O :O :O
that is called cheating. still have not seen it so can't comment on subs but if it is as you said, it is not fair for fans. plus, i am wondering can't they find anyone with decent grasp of English in whole Korea to translate it for them??? veery disappointed :|

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 15th, '10, 04:51

Are we talking about Goong or You're Beautiful? Cause You're Beautiful has awesome subs. Well, a few errors here and there, but mostly awesome.

I checked all the episodes. They work fine. Time for the extras now. :D

Man, the deleted scenes are fantastic! They are SO worth it. Some of them should have stayed in the original cut cause they explain some things really well.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 15th, '10, 06:26

No, I was joking about YAB subs. And Goong subs are really terrible.
Eh, patiently waiting till somebody will rip it^^

emeralda

Post by emeralda » Mar 22nd, '10, 05:26

is there anyone will rip the director cut dvd?
its so expensive for me in Malaysia..
the price is 1/4 from my monthly salary..
ok, actually i never bought anything through internet, and i don't believe it..
what if, i dont accept the pakages?? im really paranoid about net business..
huhuu.. im really looking forward to ripped version..
hope there are generous people who will share this ripped version through net...
:wub: :wub: :wub:

kpoplover0394

Post by kpoplover0394 » Mar 24th, '10, 09:20

Best Korean Drama! ♥

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 27th, '10, 15:44

I know now where my money will go in April:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/annabb/minam3/
Prize: 1,900円

And ME WANT THIS:
ImageImage

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 1st, '10, 12:23

Wish I had money for more YAB stuff, but nope :roll

Btw, nice sig Ethlenn. We're watching Kimi wa Petto with my mother right now. Oh man, I wish that the news about Keun Suk starring in the korean movie version of it is true! Of course, a series would be even better.

And they better maintain the level of hot kissing in that. Very pleasant surprise for an asian drama. Real kissing! :lol Don't disappoint us, Keun Suk :wub:

I've now watched all the YAB DVDs, btw. They all work fine. I'm so glad I bought them. I do with the extras had subs though. There are some times when I'm dying to know what they are saying :crazy:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 14:19

well, i am saving my money for chuno dvds now. so i am not going to spend anymore on YAB. i think the dvds are enough.

but regarding the dvds (as i pmed Orion about them)
i kept reading on soompi that some of dvds were fault and they needed to be exchanged by Innolife. as till now i had no time to see mine (maybe being busy with other drama can be included in this excuse :P ), i was worried. only two night ago i had a chance to view mine and i started with disk 1 (ep1&2). i have noticed the sound on the eps is not as proper as other dvds. i mean the music volume would go up and down between dialogues in an unusual way. here where my heart sank.
i really don't know if it was due to bad sound editing (i remember reading that they decided to work on sound again before releasing the dvds) or my dvds being faulty. this problem occurs only in eps and not on extras. i thought if it was a faulty dvd, it should happen all the time. there is nothing wrong with my player either (watching it on my laptop) because i tried different dvds and they all worked just fine.
watched disk 2 and 3 (ep3-6), the problem is still there but it seems to be less noticeable and fading in and out of music was done in more proffessional way. again, no problem with menu or extras sound. this made think i am being too fussy with mine.
i posted on soompi thread to see if anyone has experienced the same problem, the only reply i got was is that his/her dvds have the same thing and that we should never except to have the same crisp sound that we get when we dl which i find it abit weird.
now i am confused on wether my dvds are faulty or not and do i need to retun them or not :-(
as orion said her dvds work fine, my worries are increasing as i paid heck of lots of money for them. the problem is very hard to explain what i mean by saying an usual music volume. the only way i can desribe it is the fading in and out of insert music is just sudden. it does not start with very low music at the back ground and gets louder and vice versa.
ummmm, i think my ears are just too fussy. but i still worry.

on different subject, i am SOOO happy to see so many people loving one of my most favourite drama of all time KWP. it's one of the best. i have lost count on how many times i have seen it. and JKS has been chosen as k-momo so all we need to do is wait patiently. well, if we can and to the extent to we can :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 14:58

And I promise, the moment I get the DVD, I will make a torrent and put it up on the blog^^
I posted some news on JKS, but not on Neon nae pet^^. So far, no news on Chosun and Asiae.

Concerning YAB DVD: I read lot of people have the same sound problem, about fading out of sync. I think you should contact Innolife and explan what your problem is, maybe that will qualify as changing of the set?
If it's very annoying it's impossible to watch right?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 15:12

Ethlenn wrote:And I promise, the moment I get the DVD, I will make a torrent and put it up on the blog^^
I posted some news on JKS, but not on Neon nae pet^^. So far, no news on Chosun and Asiae.

Concerning YAB DVD: I read lot of people have the same sound problem, about fading out of sync. I think you should contact Innolife and explan what your problem is, maybe that will qualify as changing of the set?
If it's very annoying it's impossible to watch right?
Is not that annoying and not impossible to watch but it's there and me being so fussy, all i notice and keeps bothering me is this. :crazy:
i might contact Inoolife and see what they say. if only i know more people are having the same problem so i can make sure.

i have been reading that Lee Da Hae is rumored to be K- sumire-chan. but nothing offeicial yet though. not sure how do i feel about her in that movie and with sukkie. i seriously disliked her in My Girl but she redeemed herself in Chuno but then again, she did not do much there anyway so still not so sure if i am liking her acting or not.

and why on earth d-a keeps loging me out everytime i close its window? :crazy: sooo annoying. not my day at all. :|

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 15:23

Crap, not Lee Da Hae, she won't pull ot off, seriously.
But why are we talking about it, don't you know I'm selected to play the part?
And I forced writers to some sassy kissy scenes (like in drama :wub: :wub: ), mehehehe.

Contact Innolife. DVDs should be flawless if they charge people so much for it!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 1st, '10, 15:32

Just saw the message. Yep, my DVDs have some sound issues as well. I think it's just bad editing though. If you notice, sometimes when it's a wider shot, you get smaller sound and in close ups, you get louder. That's cause the microphone has to be further away from the actors in those shots. It seems like they just left the sound raw, in a sense and didn't balance it like in the TV version.

I've never seen/heard of faulty discs that have such a problem. It's pretty clear that they just did a bad job in the editing. I just keep the remote close to me and adjust the volume accordingly. You also need to remember that there is no guarantee that the replacement DVDs won't have a problem. What if they freeze or don't play? Would you risk all that fuss just cause of some bad sound?

I have the HD version of the show on my PC anyway and I watch it on my HD tv in the living room, so the DVD version, for me, is good for the extra scenes. If I ever want to watch it in kick ass quality again, there's always the downloaded version. I don't want to risk getting really faulty DVDs for something that seems to be just how the makers made the sound and an editing problem. :-)

About Kimi wa Petto, if Keun Suk doesn't slip her some tongue, I'll be very disappointed :lol Forget propriety and respect and all that jazz! We want HOTNESS! :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 15:36

Ethlenn wrote:Crap, not Lee Da Hae, she won't pull ot off, seriously.
But why are we talking about it, don't you know I'm selected to play the part?
And I forced writers to some sassy kissy scenes (like in drama :wub: :wub: ), mehehehe.

Contact Innolife. DVDs should be flawless if they charge people so much for it!
Oh Yeah??? you must have the wrong contract then because i just recieved mine today and it says that they have crossed out previous candidate name for sumire-chan role and they want to offer it to me gladly. :mrgreen:

i think i will contact Innolife now and see what they say. as IT WAS NOT CHEAP AT ALL. :crazy:

edit
orion wrote:Just saw the message. Yep, my DVDs have some sound issues as well. I think it's just bad editing though. If you notice, sometimes when it's a wider shot, you get smaller sound and in close ups, you get louder. That's cause the microphone has to be further away from the actors in those shots. It seems like they just left the sound raw, in a sense and didn't balance it like in the TV version.

I've never seen/heard of faulty discs that have such a problem. It's pretty clear that they just did a bad job in the editing. I just keep the remote close to me and adjust the volume accordingly. You also need to remember that there is no guarantee that the replacement DVDs won't have a problem. What if they freeze or don't play? Would you risk all that fuss just cause of some bad sound?
YESS, exactly as you said. so i guess is something is happeing with all dvds then. i am abit disappointed for such bad quality sound editing though. i am having the same thoughts about sending mine back to innolife too because there is no guarantee in getting a good one (not sure if exists at all) as i still did not recieve my poster which i paid extra money to be send in a special tube.
sofar 3 people having the same problem. i wonder if the number increases or not?
i have the HD version on my laptops and HDD too and i watch in on my HD tv as well. but those writing that runs through the whole eps that annoy me (blocking of perfect view of TK/JKS :mrgreen: ) that's why i got the dvds.
Last edited by Issy on Apr 1st, '10, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 15:42

Hmm... that's really strange. Cause they signed in blood and they know the hell awaits them if they do this.
I got the power, as we all know...

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 15:50

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm... that's really strange. Cause they signed in blood and they know the hell awaits them if they do this.
I got the power, as we all know...
mine too. not to mention sukkies promise not to act infront of anyother actress/lady is it not Issy Noona :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 16:03

Hmm, that's trange, his last words when we parted (with dramatic music in the background) were: There is no noona like Ethlenn noona.

Swindler!!!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 2nd, '10, 21:35

One thing I'll say, I'm really glad Keun Suk didn't star in Boys Before Flowers. That's a royally stupid series. I'm two episodes into it and hating it already.

The 4 guys are supposed to be attractive and they're not. They are also supposed to act and so far, they're not.

Also, they are a bunch of pricks that bully people to the point of suicide and we're supposed to like them cause they admire/fall in love with the leading girl... Riiight...

A character like Hwang Tae Kyung I can like. He's a meanie, but doesn't hurt people. These guys, I could never like. I've been a victim of bullying myself so I can't see how the makers think someone could possibly like such cowardly bastards.

With Beethoven Virus, Keun Suk got to act with proper actors too so I'm glad he went for that one. He's too good for this crap. :wub:

Issy, did you decide what to do with your DVDs?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 01:39

to be honest, i always tried to stay away from re-make of any dramas/movies specially when i liked the original alot. back then i was not inot kdramas at all (and totally against them) but out of curiosity kept checking the progress of BOF because of all hype around it. i never thought that it can get better that HYD in anyway. i still think the same. no version can match the japanese version even though it was not first to be made.

if baby JKS was not chosen for momo role, i would not even think of watching it. KWP is my most favourite drama of all time and don't like my mind to be involved in comparing the two version in ever scene. but because it's JKS, i know that is going to be something special just like the original.

JKS made the perfect choice. not chosing BOF and taking BV instead. if he had chosen BOF, he wouldn't be picked up for YAB/TK for sure. chosing BV made his character range be wider. i am sure JKS would have made a perfect domyouji (or whatever his korean name is) but only one perfect character does not make any drama the best if others are crap in it.

character-wise, i guess that TK character is much nicer person than domoyouji because he is only mean on outside but very soft and gentle from the inside and very caring too. i still can't deny the fact that i also like domyouji's character because even though his was mean and bully but he changed through out the story and you will start notcing his gentle side as story progress. not to mention added matsujun charm that made love the charactereven more. :P

as for my dvds, i decided to stick with them as i think is just bad sound editing from their side and not a dvd fault.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 3rd, '10, 11:41

Yep. Good idea to stick with them. I've tried to notice the issue further and it's clear that it is just bad editing. Too bad, but still ok. It was still worth its money for me :D .

About Boys Over Flowers, had no idea it was the korean version of Hana Yori Dango. I've seen people talk about it like it's this awesome drama. Maybe I should check the japanese version out sometime.

I did watch just a bit further and I do see how what's-his-name is supposedly sensitive and lonely etc etc, but that doesn't make me forgive him for his behavior. He's a grown man for crying out loud. A man killed himself because of his orders to bully him. How can they skip that and forget about that? I mean, they could at least show us a scene where he says he didn't order them to go that far or something. Or some remorse and realization. I mean, I can't see this man as a good person when this subject was left completely untouched.

Anyways, back to our topic XD

Did you see the extras yet? Hong Ki is always eating, bless him! :lol And Yong Hwa is really funny too. Quiet and serious, but funny when need be. I have to admit, although I think Keun Suk is very handsome and the best looking out of the three (or the entire East Asia for that matter), I think Yong Hwa looks more "normal" as a person. Haha. I love em all, but sometimes Keun Suk seems a biiiiit too childish and arrogant for my taste. Bit of a show-off. 8) Well, he's still young. Lol. I'd like to think that anyone who can act so good has at least some brains to process what is happening and teach himself all that.

He better grow up to be a wonderful guy, otherwise I'll be gunning for Yong Hwa when I get to Korea. :P Then again, by then, Keun Suk will be too hot and I'll be too old to care about personality so I'll just be a naughty noona and still go for Keun Suk. XD

Girls, I know it's not polite to ask a lady's age and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm very curious to know how old you fine unnies are. Would you like to share? I'm 23, as you can see under my avatar. Split brained, completely. Sometimes I act like an old lady and sometimes I act like I'm 10. At least I balance them well :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 11:51

yes, you really should watch HYD 1&2. i think it is the best version EVER. 8)
not seen anything of extras yet because with the time i have, i only manage to watch 1 or 2 eps the most everynight. BUT, i am falling in LOVE WITH JKS/TK all over again. he is just so beautiful and perfect.
my sister is also watching YAB and she got really hooked on it to the point of getting upset because she got only few eps left to watch. she says it gives a good feel factor and cheers her up. that's why she decided to start watching it again once she finish it. :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 3rd, '10, 12:23

I just found a pic from Hana Yori Dango. The japanese men are actually prettier than the korean ones... That's just wrong :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 12:31

Orion1986 wrote:I just found a pic from Hana Yori Dango. The japanese men are actually prettier than the korean ones... That's just wrong :lol
:lol :lol :lol well, i used to think that is the general case until i discovred two of most beautiful men on earth are between k-actors. so i think they are alright now :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 3rd, '10, 12:38

That's what I mean. Korean men are the prettiest. Japanese men have really drawn the short straw out of all the east asians.

Which is why it's so weird that the japanese cast for this one is actually prettier than the korean one. How did they manage to find such unattractive korean men? :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 13:09

Orion1986 wrote:That's what I mean. Korean men are the prettiest. Japanese men have really drawn the short straw out of all the east asians.

Which is why it's so weird that the japanese cast for this one is actually prettier than the korean one. How did they manage to find such unattractive korean men? :lol
:lol :lol :lol NO.then i meant other way round. for me Jactors are the hottest ones (sorry for being so blunt but this is my personal opinion :P )but i found two (so far) of most beautiful men among k-actors. sorry if sounded differently :mrgreen:
Last edited by Issy on Apr 3rd, '10, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 3rd, '10, 13:11

Lol. Let's agree to disagree XD We got lost in translation. Ahaha.

I'll watch the korean version after all. It's bigger budget so they got some awesome locations. It's like a documentary, if you manage to ignore the idiotic plot and characters. :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 13:32

Orion1986 wrote:Lol. Let's agree to disagree XD We got lost in translation. Ahaha.

I'll watch the korean version after all. It's bigger budget so they got some awesome locations. It's like a documentary, if you manage to ignore the idiotic plot and characters. :lol
AGREE.
8)
but you will be missing on so much if you don't watch HYD. ask Ethlenn if you want more opinions :P

kuroihikari

Post by kuroihikari » Apr 4th, '10, 16:12

I'm starting up on this drama, and it's weird but I think I'm beginning to like it. I liked Hanakimi, too, so that's probably why. Genderbending, but not really yaoi.

My only problem is (I'm up to ep 2 so far), Park Shin Hye doesn't seem to sell being male, unlike, say, Horikita Maki or Yoon Eun-Hye. Could be just me, but her body is just so feminine (in a VERY good way). Wearing skinny pants all the time seems to exacerbate that. Also, her voice just sounds so feminine, even for someone who's supposed to be just a boy. Other than that, her acting seems great so far. Never seen any dramas of her before, and I think she's very beautiful, but her nose seems odd for some reason.

Anyway, I'm optimistic this drama would give me as much fun as My Girl and That Fool.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '10, 09:03

Believe me, YAB is MUCH better than Hana Kimi in every way. i watched HK for sake of Shun and i really disliked the whole thing. in general, gender bending stories are never believeable for me but i go along with it. but it's true. PSH is more feminine looking than Maki and most of times certain round features were so obvious specially with her tight clothing. i guess in the house it does not make much difference because two of boys know the truth. not so sure about the nose though. maybe i need to look better? but i know it would not change my opinion about the whole drama. :lol

kuroihikari

Post by kuroihikari » Apr 5th, '10, 20:50

I'm up to Ep 12 now. I think Park Shin Hye is selling the part really great by now, but the clothes selection really can't make me look at her as a boy. Even the most feminine bishounen don't look this sexy. The story seems to really wrap around rather nicely, unlike most other young dramas.

However, what really bugs me is that they keep telling not showing. I don't really want to hear why you're bringing the lime, I'm smart enough to figure it out for myself. This story isn't bad at all, but it would've been so much better had it not wasted time on those voiced thought bubbles.

And yeah, after some hindsight, I don't think it's fair to compare Hanakimi to this. The central characters relationships seem to be similar, but Hanakimi's manga influence is obvious, while this is much truer to its Kdrama roots.

I dunno if anyone noticed this, but Jang Geun Seuk's acting in this series (because his role in HGD was totally different) seems rather similar to Han Ye Seul's style in Couple of Fantasy. Is it a Hong Sisters thing, or do certain Koreans really speak like that?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 03:49

OK, I'm back, and I need to state something. HANA YORI DANGO. Period.
Although I like Lee Min Ho, I disliked the whole BOF thing (partly thanks to Kim Hyun Joong, but my not liking him is a whole history).
No one, I repeat, no one can beat Matsumoto kun
And Hana Kimi? As Issy stated, I managed to watch like, 6, 7 episodes just for Shun chan^^

There is a difference between the physical appearances of J- and K- actors. 10 years back I could give my arm and leg for Nakamura Shudo and Watanabe Ken, now, you see, there is Sukkie, Gong Yoo, JJY (my love :wub: )...

But thanks to Issy, I overcame my darkness and I was brought back to my previous life.

Issy, honey, did you write to Innolife?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 6th, '10, 08:02

kuroihikari wrote: However, what really bugs me is that they keep telling not showing. I don't really want to hear why you're bringing the lime, I'm smart enough to figure it out for myself.
Welcome to the series, for starters. I was also kind of bothered by that. These people seem to really like thinking out loud, don't they? :lol I got used to it though. We have to remember that this series is mainly for teens and they're not the sharpest tools in the shed (no offense if anyone's a teen in here). But, yes, for people with even the slightest amount of brain activity, it does get annoying.

I also think Shin Hye is too feminine for the part, but I don't think they cared much about that for this character. She's supposed to be cutesy cause this is a series for younger people who wouldn't really enjoy a tomboy like Yoon Eun Hye. Everything in this show is supposed to look nice and impress. It's eye-candy even if the story is nice too.

And speaking of the plot, we got three young men. Three young idols. I doubt they'd fall for someone acting like a truck driver. :lol With Coffee Prince, it was different. They were older and the whole thing was more down to Earth. For more mature audiences too. Wouldn't work with these guys.

Concerning BOF, I'm loosing I.Q with every minute I watch. The show is awful. Ugly men, ugly and creepy girl, stupid plot, lousy directing and the only thing that's good is the locations. I'm watching it with my mom and we're having a blast bad-mouthing everything and everyone. :lol I don't know about Hana Yori Dango, but Matsumoto's not enough to make me watch it. Adorably guy, but not enough.

And Ethlenn, I've said it before, Japanese men really drew the short straw among asians. They are generally the ugliest, shortest of em all, as I see it. Veeery few exceptions among celebrities. That's my personal taste, at least. I don't want my men looking like bears, but I can't like men more feminine than me, either. :P

Koreans are the best choice for me. And Keun Suk, damn you, you're the most attractive man in Asia... XD Jensen Ackles has my West and Keun Suk has my East... And the East is winning. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 08:33

Orion1986 wrote:
Concerning BOF, I'm loosing I.Q with every minute I watch.
And Ethlenn, I've said it before, Japanese men really drew the short straw among asians. They are generally the ugliest, shortest of em all, as I see it. Veeery few exceptions among celebrities. That's my personal taste, at least. I don't want my men looking like bears, but I can't like men more feminine than me, either. :P

Koreans are the best choice for me. And Keun Suk, damn you, you're the most attractive man in Asia... XD Jensen Ackles has my West and Keun Suk has my East... And the East is winning. :wub:
Hmm, I'm not gonna argue, you have the point. Staring at the barrel of the gun I would choose Koreans (maybe dating two gorgeous Japanese men made me a little confused, mehehe). Sukkie is a jewel, both in appearance and in acting, that's true. I guess we prefer men with "sharper" as I describe it, face features, right? But the difference in appearance traces back to a Mesolithic Period, when Japan was connected with the continent, you know, Japanese people (no offense anyone) are a mix between Asian Continent and South Pacific. That is why their features are "softened". Koreans are mainly from one tribe (or they believe so, but it's scientifically proved), and they didn't have in their history such migration waves like Japanese... Oh boy, I started again... Gomen, Mianhaeyo^^ :whistling:

Concerning BOF: I left my brain at the doorstep, and managed to watch up until 9th episode. The rest, either skipped or just passed. I still maintain that LMH was the best among all of them, but screenwritesr scre... ee... messed up the script and made a hell of a garbage. No tension, no chemistry, nothing. I couldn't care less what will happen with Jan Di and Jun Pyo. :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 6th, '10, 12:58

And Ethlenn, I've said it before, Japanese men really drew the short straw among asians. They are generally the ugliest, shortest of em all, as I see it. Veeery few exceptions among celebrities. That's my personal taste, at least. I don't want my men looking like bears, but I can't like men more feminine than me, either.
:O :O :O
That's abit harsh. but as it is a personal taste. i won't argue either :mrgreen:
as we said before, we have to agree to disagree
as for HYD, it's not because it has junjun that we recommand it to you. it's because he is the cherry on the top that complete its wholes greatness. but hey, i am not forcing anyone
@E-chan
did not write to Innolife because this seems to be the case with other dvd sets as well. it's just that they have done a bad job at sound editing. it is obvious.

On YAB rewatch, PSH image in my mind is still the same. she is an OK actress but JKS ????
oh god, he is just SO great. and SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 13:12

ね、ね。。。
I'm also on YAB rewatch and I love Jeremy more and more, he's just too cute not to love :wub:

Sukkie is like a storm in it. Veni, vidi, vici, you know, (I came, I saw, I won). That's his performance in it, he's like the sun, MiNyu once said, bedazzling everyone around.

I accept Orion's personal taste, but to assume every Japanese is "not-good-looking" is a bit harsh, that's true.
HYD is a great drama, I like everything in it, it has some really memorable quotes, and I'm not a teenager, you know^^. Plus it has Matsumoto kun and Shun chan. As cherries on top, as Issy nicely put it. Come on, Matsujun pull it off with his outfits, it can't be that bad :wub: :wub:
Hmm, @ Issy, if you can put up with it^^

Eh, Sukkie.. :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 6th, '10, 14:10

I didn't mean all Japanese men are ugly, but when I see i.e documentaries about Japan where there's ordinary folk on the street, I've only seen one guy that looked ok by my taste and standards. Whenever I see such a scene from a street in Seoul, I can't stop pointing to guys that I personally think are handsome. :wub:

Like I said, for me, japanese are the ugliest. Meaning, I personally just don't like them much. With exceptions, of course.

Eita is cute as pie and Tamaki Hiroshi was hot back in 2006 (now he looks like a mummy, sooo thin). Also, Matsuyama Kenichi a.k.a Koibito will always be special. :roll

There are certain celebrities. Common japanese folk are just not my thing though. :-)
Ethlenn wrote:Sukkie is like a storm in it. Veni, vidi, vici, you know, (I came, I saw, I won).
....*mind in gutter*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 14:30

Is that bad or good?

Ne, ne, I don't mind as long as he's nice. And since I can do anything described as "man job" (bathroom service, light bulb change, furniture repair), I'm looking for a bit feminine guys. Isn't that weird? Guys who can cook, cause I, except for few dishes, can't.
Some Japanese guys are as beautiful as a spring moon, some Korean guys are as enchanting as summer larch... eh...

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 6th, '10, 14:56

Ethlenn wrote:Is that bad or good?

Ne, ne, I don't mind as long as he's nice. And since I can do anything described as "man job" (bathroom service, light bulb change, furniture repair), I'm looking for a bit feminine guys. Isn't that weird? Guys who can cook, cause I, except for few dishes, can't.
Some Japanese guys are as beautiful as a spring moon, some Korean guys are as enchanting as summer larch... eh...
i think i am the same too. i don't mind my guys to be a bit feminine at all. looking at all my favourite actors, more of them have balanced feminine/manly features. extremes ends are always not good of course.
but have to say, during my japan visit in 2007 i found so many good looking men that even were more good looking than some of actors i know. as i said. it is a personal taste.
and there is always exceptions.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 15:58

Yup, that's right. I'm amazed whenever I'm in Japan. Some of them are scary, but I don't have to go to Harajuku and Ueno at night, but some are very, very good-looking. The same goes for any nation. But since I'm a little bit twisted, I can't see Caucassian type properly (like, I don't find most of them, not everyone, attractive at all. Maybe it's because I've been with Asian people half of my life?
Lets make peace not war, or something.... :wub:
But it's good to know, the less rivals, the better, and I'm going (75%, means deshou) this summer to Japan, muahahahaaa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: