Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
uchinanchuu

Post by uchinanchuu » Jan 2nd, '10, 16:11

Kinpachi Sensei - from the beginning (1979)
Saiyuuki (aka. Monkey) - from 78/79, starring Sakai Masaaki
The Tora san Series
Katsu Kaishu - 12th NHK Taiga drama
Sanga Moyu - 22nd NHK Taiga Drama
Dokuganryu Masamune - 25th NHK Taiga Drama
Taiheiki - 29th NHK Taiga Drama

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 4th, '10, 06:22

I want to give Kinpachi Sensei a try since it's really famous (a lot of times I've seen some quick references to Kinpachi Sensei, in doramas and in shows). Problem is, I don't think there are subs. I didn't see Kinpachi Sensei in the subtitles index. It's really a letdown.

I'm downloading the full batch of Hero (Kimura Takuya) now. Seems interesting.

heat6jones

Post by heat6jones » Jan 5th, '10, 04:25

Hi, someone on another forum is looking for a drama and I figured they were looking in the wrong place so I decided to copy their post here and see if any of you know what it is by his description.
ok, so the story goes like this..kinda

woman hates her life, trys to kill herself, floats down the river a few miles
someone sees her and saves her and takes her to the hospital
she wakes up and pretends to has amnesa, so that she can try to have a new, happier life
A cop takes her in till she remember who she is, he has 2 or 3 kids... i think 3
so she kind of ends up as a live-in maid, but then she falls for him and trys to run away
because she would feel to bad about telling them she had been lying to them this whole time (i think its like 3 months or something)

DoomSickle

Post by DoomSickle » Jan 5th, '10, 06:02

Jin, its a must see, it has to be....I am waiting for announcement of season 2....please be there a season 2, but even if there isn't its still a excellent series.......

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 6th, '10, 07:52

I totally agree. I loved Jin. Even just an SP would be great.

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 6th, '10, 11:45

cantaboy wrote:I totally agree. I loved Jin. Even just an SP would be great.
which Jin are you both talking about?

# Jinan Jijo Hitorikko Monogatari
# Jinbe
# Jinsei wa Full Course
# Jinsei wa Jojo da
:unsure:

--- EDIT:

could not find it firsthand, because JIN is listed on top of the drama-wiki-list.

maybe it can be put between Jikou Keisatsu and Jinan Jijo Hitorikko Monogatari?
Last edited by chan-san on Jan 6th, '10, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 6th, '10, 11:59

Hotaru no Hikari
After watching 3 episodes in a row, the music and the story on my mind makes me feel really genki when I go to work.
it is a mix of fun, love and brainwashing the audience that they should all work hard. but in a nice way, not like in Real Clothes. More like lets help each other the best we can.
and the "onnas" the manager (Fujiki Naohito :wub: ) sees in her - not only the himono but the hebi, turtle, tire (!!!), wolf ... and the way the OL describes the himono onnas in the first episode. ... great dorama. the whole story plus the script, timing, camera, music and most of the actors (matoko :scratch: ) and actresses selected is so well done!

It is still fun watching it a 2nd time. I like it when I can lauch out loud. :P
Maybe we can start a thread: Japanese Doramas that make us laugh out loud?

uchinanchuu

Post by uchinanchuu » Jan 6th, '10, 14:50

I have another one...

churaumi no nengajo

DoomSickle

Post by DoomSickle » Jan 6th, '10, 15:16

chan-san wrote:
cantaboy wrote:I totally agree. I loved Jin. Even just an SP would be great.
which Jin are you both talking about?

# Jinan Jijo Hitorikko Monogatari
# Jinbe
# Jinsei wa Full Course
# Jinsei wa Jojo da
:unsure:

--- EDIT:

could not find it firsthand, because JIN is listed on top of the drama-wiki-list.

maybe it can be put between Jikou Keisatsu and Jinan Jijo Hitorikko Monogatari?
Jin, the one where the modern doctor goes back to Edo period of Japan. See here....
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_79012.htm

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 7th, '10, 03:03

Yeap. That JIN with the timeslip. It's pretty recent.

@chan-san: Hotaru no Hikari is one of my favorites (introduced me to Ayase Haruka too).

Stich

Post by Stich » Jan 7th, '10, 21:07

ok this may be imposible but...maybe :) i just remembered anime i'v seen Overdrive..it's about bicycle sport, i myself also enjoy cycling, so i started wonderig maybe there is some dorama about/with cycling (road, xc, ..doesn't matter). Probably there isint, but it doesnt hurt to ask :) Well and if there are no cycling dramas maybe other good sports drama would be good :)

Thanx.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Jan 8th, '10, 01:01

cantaboy wrote:I want to give Kinpachi Sensei a try since it's really famous (a lot of times I've seen some quick references to Kinpachi Sensei, in doramas and in shows). Problem is, I don't think there are subs. I didn't see Kinpachi Sensei in the subtitles index. It's really a letdown....
Hey CantaBoy, i just watching the season 6 of Kinpachi Sensei here. Season before 6 i dont have search, But in this season Ueto Aya was acting.

This show is rather interesting, so i recommend.
Hero is too :thumleft:

cu

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 8th, '10, 11:20

@cantaboy and all the fans of Ayase Haruka out there:
JIN is not only to be a very recommended show but: Ayase Haruka stars in JIN, too! :wub:

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 9th, '10, 05:45

yeah. she's pretty good there too. :) she made me sad that one episode.

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 9th, '10, 06:16

nice!

onishirou

Post by onishirou » Jan 9th, '10, 10:38

Hello I am new here and somewhat new to J-dramas. May I ask for some recommendations for some tearjerker dramas? I need to shed some tears and relieve some stress :-) Thanks!

noobee

Post by noobee » Jan 9th, '10, 10:52

download the classic densha otoko

onishirou

Post by onishirou » Jan 9th, '10, 10:57

noobee wrote:download the classic densha otoko
Haha that was the first jdrama I ever watched! :D I loved it.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jan 9th, '10, 17:01

onishirou wrote:Hello I am new here and somewhat new to J-dramas. May I ask for some recommendations for some tearjerker dramas? I need to shed some tears and relieve some stress :-) Thanks!
I recommend "1 litre of tears" and "Koizora" ^o^
"1 litre of tears" - while I watched it I literally cried 1 litre of tears! It´s so sad; especially because it´s based on true life :S

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 10th, '10, 02:25

@klon22: thanks for the link! and i was looking for that particular season too!

try "shiroi haru" too. its got its own touching moments. if you really need to shed tears, then 1 litre of tears will squeeze them out of you.

Blair Witch

Post by Blair Witch » Jan 10th, '10, 10:24

hey! :)
can somebody recommend me some psychological jdramas,like Liar Game?
or something like Mr. Brain or The quiz Show?
or at least like majo saiban or galileo..^^'
I want something with..mystery and an unexpected final :-?

Midna

Post by Midna » Jan 11th, '10, 03:47

Blair Witch wrote:hey! :)
can somebody recommend me some psychological jdramas,like Liar Game?
or something like Mr. Brain or The quiz Show?
or at least like majo saiban or galileo..^^'
I want something with..mystery and an unexpected final :-?
Have you seen Maou? I highly recommend that one. Very intense =)

I also suggest watching:
A Million Stars Falling From the Sky
Kurosagi
Bloody Monday

Good luck =)

Blair Witch

Post by Blair Witch » Jan 11th, '10, 11:43

I have seen Kurosagi,Maou and 2 ep from Bloody Monday when it was ongoing..i guess i'll finish watching this
I love Kurosagi <3 and Maou was really interesting
I haven't heard of A Million Stars Falling From the Sky but I searched on web and seems good xD

Joanna Aisha

Post by Joanna Aisha » Jan 11th, '10, 14:18

I recommend Last Friends. Awesome drama! There is a lot of action, so you won't get bored even for a minute. And plot is very interesting. ^_^
1 Litre of Tears: It's the saddest drama i have ever seen! I cried almost on every episode. So touching! Awesome drama. It makes you to take a look on your life from completely different perspective. It shows you a preciousness of time. ^_^
Hana Kimi. Funny ^_^
Hana Yori Dango. It's really good. (but I like Korean version more).

nikniknik

Post by nikniknik » Jan 11th, '10, 22:22

onishirou wrote:Hello I am new here and somewhat new to J-dramas. May I ask for some recommendations for some tearjerker dramas? I need to shed some tears and relieve some stress :-) Thanks!
1 Litre of Tears and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu. Two of the best tearjerkers....

shadowblade

Post by shadowblade » Jan 12th, '10, 09:02

I recommend Proposal Daisakusen
Really touching...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 12th, '10, 12:29

shadowblade wrote:I recommend Proposal Daisakusen
Really touching...
Yes indeed. Proposal Daisakusen was very good.

I`d love to get some suggestions. I want to watch a teen drama. Romantic one, it may be something like Stand Up! which was epicly laughable but there was love between teens too.

Thanks.

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 12th, '10, 15:56

Neliets wrote:I`d love to get some suggestions. I want to watch a teen drama. Romantic one, it may be something like Stand Up! which was epicly laughable but there was love between teens too.

Thanks.
maybe Ghost Friends? :heart:
to me it is not so far from Proposal Daisakusen - both a bit too "teen" for me :glare:

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jan 12th, '10, 17:35

Neliets wrote:
shadowblade wrote:
I`d love to get some suggestions. I want to watch a teen drama. Romantic one, it may be something like Stand Up! which was epicly laughable but there was love between teens too.

Thanks.
The best teen jdoramas I have watched (besides Stand Up!!) are "My boss my hero", "Dance Drill", "Gachi baka!" and "Nobuta wo Produce" - and I recommend all of them! You should definitely look them up. ^o^

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Jan 13th, '10, 02:43

I'm stuck now...

I've been trying to download few Jdramas recently but really can't find any qualified drama.

I really enjoy watching all genre I guess, i.e. Hitotsu Yane No Shita for family drama, Pride for romance, Maou for suspense drama, 1Little Of Tears for tear-jerker drama, and I'll say My Boss My Hero, Atashinchi no Danshi, Hanazakari No Kimitachi e is the most enjoyable drama I ever watched.

I see your recommendations here so I decided to watch:
- Orange Days, but I dropped after 5 episode, I can't find anything interesting :-(
- Love Shuffle, I really didn't enjoy this drama, I'd been wasting my time to download this :cry:
- Dragon Zakura, i'm still watching it now, episod 2, so far so good but I still don't find the chemistry :-(
- Anego, only 1 episode :P
Arrrgghh... my interest into Jdramas is going down the hill nowww... :goggle:
So anyone please suggest me any good dramas that can meet my interest as above?
Arigatou, minna-san :salut:

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 13th, '10, 09:34

koyuki-chan wrote: Arrrgghh... my interest into Jdramas is going down the hill nowww... :goggle:
since you like all kind of genre,
I recommend

Hotaru no Hikari
&
JIN
hopefully not destroying the last grain of interest :roll

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 14th, '10, 05:30

koyuki-chan wrote:I'm stuck now...

I've been trying to download few Jdramas recently but really can't find any qualified drama.

I really enjoy watching all genre I guess, i.e. Hitotsu Yane No Shita for family drama, Pride for romance, Maou for suspense drama, 1Little Of Tears for tear-jerker drama, and I'll say My Boss My Hero, Atashinchi no Danshi, Hanazakari No Kimitachi e is the most enjoyable drama I ever watched.

- Orange Days, but I dropped after 5 episode, I can't find anything interesting :-(
- Love Shuffle, I really didn't enjoy this drama, I'd been wasting my time to download this :cry:
- Dragon Zakura, i'm still watching it now, episod 2, so far so good but I still don't find the chemistry :-(
Watch one or two kdramas and then return to jdramas. That works for me x] Only I get a bit bored of kdramas sometimes and then I watch some jdramas.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 14th, '10, 17:27

koyuki-chan wrote:I'm stuck now...

Try Manhattan Love Story! Very funny story with a great cast. You'll know from the first episode whether or not it's for you. Matsuoka Masahiro is another member of Tokio who can really be funny. He's funny in Yasuko to Kenji too, which is a really good formula comedy. Still, I put all my life, my experience, and my soul into recommending Manhattan Love Story. ;)

I'm watching Warui Yatsura at the moment in the suspense/thriller category. It stars Kamikawa Takaya (played the school doctor in HanaKimi) as a very naughty doctor. Great performance from him so far, and you might find it interesting to see him in such a different role.

I'm also enjoying Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru as a rare family/suspense/horror/thriller but that's only partly subbed so far...

IWGP was pure awesome for suspense/comedy/thriller/mystery. Nagase was terrific, and I still think it was Yamampi's best performance. Kubozuka Yosuke, Sakaguchi Kenji, Sato Ryuchi, and Watanabe Ken were fabulous in it too. You'll probably need some tissues for parts of it.

ROOKIES was a really good school/superteacher drama.

Shikaotoko Awoniyoshi is a great school/supernatural/comedy. The first episode has lots of history in it, so it starts kinda slow... but the stuff is important to the plot and the show is quite different. Love the whole cast. Great ending too.

Mop Girl is very addictive, funny, and touching. Would've like a special afterwards, because there was some interesting stuff at the end that could have even made a second season. As it stands, the ending is a little open but still enjoyed the series immensely. Kitagawa Keiko and Tanihara Shosuke are really funny together.

Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne? was a funny detective series with Kaname Jun. He's really adorable in it. (Though I think his sexiest role is in Ashita no Kita Yoshio! Excellent drama that isn't done justice by the wiki description.)

Puzzle was another good detective comedy from the same time. It mixes students, hilariously manipulative teachers, and murders. Good stuff.

I'm trying to think of what to recommend for romance... there are only a handful of really great ones out there and I know you've already seen my favorite Long Vacation (for Pride I love Halu but loathe Aki, so I have some mixed feelings... :glare: ). If you don't mind the premise of a hot guy deciding to live as a pet, Kimi wa Petto was a good one. Some emotional kisses in it too.

Bara no nai Hanaya would probably be a good show for you. It's a romance starring Katori Shingo and Takeuchi Yuko, and they have very good chemistry. It was written by the same writer as Hitotsu Yane no Shita, iirc.

Hotaru no Hikari is sweet and funny comedy/romance. Loved Buchou in it.

Koi ga Shitai was a really good series about a group of people whose lives interconnect involving, romance, family, and friendship. I cried a lot during one of the later episodes.

When my interest in Jdramas starts to wane, I switch to Jmovies and Kmovies. Kmovies have some great romantic comedies among other genres. :wub:

Eii

Post by Eii » Jan 17th, '10, 17:26

Yo
I am searching for more series to watch, and the only way I know if is looking around in the forums for good names etc and then look em up on the wiki. And I think I might be a bit picky about what i want to watch. I like comedy/romance but not to much grief and stuff.
You all knowing people can just look at the highlights to see my preference while all lost souls like myself can read a little more.

What I liked there is no grief in these series.
Gokusen 1,2,3 Comedy/School/Beat-em-up Realy good series that dragged out a little towards the end.

Nobuta wo Produce School/Drama pretty sweet about 3 friends who gonna make one of them the prettiest girl in school. And I like most of Horikita Makis series. More to follow.
Kurosagi, Swindler/Romance kinda, guy who payback when someone is swindled from.
Seito Shokun! School/Drama about a class who have lost trust in their teachers, and about the kick-ass teacher who becomes friends with em
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e School/Comedy About a girl who cross dress to go the boys she have been dreaming about kinda.
Atashinchi no Danshi Comedy/Weird Family , more Maki action when she in some weird way becomes the mother of allot of grown boys and she have to straighten them out!
As you might notice I like Maki, but when you find good actors they tend to work with similar persons so the series ends :)

Some more
Hana Yori Dango 1,2 - Comed/Romance about a poor girl who starts to date the richest kid in school. Realy good.
Kimi wa petto Comedy/Romance about a guy who becomes the pet of a business woman. Realy funny but becomes a little serious towards the end.
Mei-chan no Shitsuji Comedy/School about a poor girl who discovers that her grandfather is super rich and have to attend a super elite school. Pretty unserious.
Seigi no Mikatan Comedy/School The little sister who got an evil big sister, but the evil sister is considered an ally of justice by the public since she always do something good with her wicked ways- Probably the best comedy I have seen so far. Laughed so much while watching this.
Koshonin Police , probably the most serious serious series but not realy. About a police woman who have to deal with everything from male co-workers who don't like her to the sister. I liked it

Currently watching
Toky Dogs Comedy/Police About 2 totally different cops who have to work together. Not really a comedy but its not gloomy and stuff like real police series and its pretty unserious when it comes down to everything.
Samurai High School Comedy/School A "goofy" boy becomes possessed by his ancestor who is a "kickass" samurai. And yea guess how it goes. Beat em up.
Hotaru no hikari Currently no comment.

As you might have noticed allot of comedy ones. I would like to watch some more crossdress girl-> guy comedies if there is any. I find that hilarious. Could also be cute guy ->girl.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 18th, '10, 22:56

@ Eii

Nodame Cantabile (comedy romance very silly and funny)

Manhattan Love Story (another very silly and funny comedy romance)

Yasuko to Kenji (comedy, beat-em up, romance, work, family... Kinda like Gokusen but it's a former gang guy pretending to be a female writing girl's comics)

Kimi Hannin Janai Yo Ne? (comedy, mystery, police... more comedy than Tokyo Dogs)

My Boss My Hero (comedy, yakuza, romance, highschool)

Puzzle is a comedy,highschool, mystery series.

For crossdressing girls, you'll probably like Mendol. It's still waiting on subs for the final episode though. Three wanna-be idols have to pretend to be a boy band to hide from yakuza.

Boku to Kanojo no XXX isn't really crossdressing, but it's got body swapping between a guy and a girl. It's really short, maybe about ninety minutes total, broken into 10min episodes or so. Don't think there is a drama wiki for it... was originally a movie broken up to air as a series.

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Jan 20th, '10, 01:57

@Neliets
I guess I'll try Kmovies. I dun like Kdramas because takes too long to watch. Any suggestion for Kmovies?

@chan-san and @ryoko 11
Thanks.
i guess i'll try Jin, IWGP, and Manhattan Love Story.
Thanks minna!

:wub:

veronasky

Searching for a series, need help

Post by veronasky » Jan 20th, '10, 03:47

Hello, i hope you can help me. i have been looking EVERYWHERE for this sereis that i found, but do not know the name of . i found it on veoh but i cannot seem to find the rest of the series there so i went looking for it by name so that i could buy or watch it online . but i think the name on it is wrong, or maybe i am looking in the wrong place. has anyone else ever seen of heard of this period drama?
http://www.veoh.com/group/THTIG
. there it is called " The Hero - The Imperial Guard" .
as much as i search online i cannot find it, so maybe it is under the wrong name. do any of you know the real name of this series, or seen it around anywhere? i thank you so much for taking a look at this post,

all the best to all of you!!

Veronasky

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 21st, '10, 10:18

koyuki-chan wrote:@Neliets
I guess I'll try Kmovies. I dun like Kdramas because takes too long to watch. Any suggestion for Kmovies?

@chan-san and @ryoko 11
Thanks.
i guess i'll try Jin, IWGP, and Manhattan Love Story.
Thanks minna!

:wub:
maybe you want to take a look at "Around 40", too?
left alone the beginning is so funny: the typical scientific approach with the off-voice explaining the situation of women in japan today :-)
it was actually fun. and I am into Fujiki Naohito :wub:

zoroielli

Post by zoroielli » Jan 22nd, '10, 07:56

Hanazakiri no Kimitachi e is a good one
Atashinchi no Danshi...
and I would like to watch Yamato Nadashiko Shichi Henge...

dasha-hi

Looking for a drama

Post by dasha-hi » Jan 30th, '10, 18:33

Hi, I'm looking for a J(K)drama about love of 2 people with 7-10 years age difference
I liked:
Majo no Jouken(really liked it!!!!!!!!)
Kimi wa petto

Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni... (absolutely didn't like it, the woman is kinnda slow ..., sickening....)

:w00t: :D :-)

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 30th, '10, 18:38

Dal Ja's Spring - Korean Drama ^_^

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jan 30th, '10, 18:52

matijamat

Re: Looking for a drama

Post by matijamat » Jan 30th, '10, 21:48

dasha-hi wrote:Hi, I'm looking for a J(K)drama about love of 2 people with 7-10 years age difference
I liked:
Kimi wa petto

Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni... (absolutely didn't like it, the woman is kinnda slow ..., sickening....)

Ohitorisama

dasha-hi

Re: Looking for a drama

Post by dasha-hi » Jan 31st, '10, 10:01

matijamat wrote:
dasha-hi wrote:Hi, I'm looking for a J(K)drama about love of 2 people with 7-10 years age difference
I liked:
Kimi wa petto

Ohitorisama
Ohitorisama:I watched several ep, but it was just too plain, nothing special; :-(

jnliten

Post by jnliten » Feb 1st, '10, 11:22

Hello I've recently started getting back into jdrama and would like some recommendations on what to watch. I'm looking for dramas that are about adults cuz I don't really like dramas with high school settings. A few dramas off the top of my head that I've watched and liked are:
Last Christmas
Slow dance
love shuffle
buzzer beat
kekkon dekinai otoko
almost everything with Kimura Takuya.

Im currently watching Hotaru no Hikaru which I'm really enjoying, but its almost over so hoping for 1 or 2 new series to check out. Anyways thanks in advance any help or suggestion I may get.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Feb 1st, '10, 12:20

Though it's been recommended already by ryoko11, I will recommend again with my life, my experience, and my soul, Manhattan Love Story. It has younger man - older woman relationships in it, but explaining the relation between the characters in this drama would take a really long time.

So, watch Manhattan Love Story. I can easily say that it's one of my favorites.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '10, 20:07

Can anyone recommend me a drama which is similar to Stand Up? I`d love something like that. If you can`t recommend something like that, then give me something where main characters are teens(or early, early 20s).

Thanks. x]

I`ve already seen these dramas :
Sailor suit and machine gun
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Nobuta wo Produce
First kiss
Proposal daisakusen
Hana yori dango
Stand up
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Densha Otoko

Sixcoins

Post by Sixcoins » Feb 1st, '10, 20:54

jnliten wrote:Hello I've recently started getting back into jdrama and would like some recommendations on what to watch. I'm looking for dramas that are about adults cuz I don't really like dramas with high school settings. A few dramas off the top of my head that I've watched and liked are:
Last Christmas
Slow dance
love shuffle
buzzer beat
kekkon dekinai otoko
almost everything with Kimura Takuya.

Im currently watching Hotaru no Hikaru which I'm really enjoying, but its almost over so hoping for 1 or 2 new series to check out. Anyways thanks in advance any help or suggestion I may get.
Hotaru no Hikari
Around 40
Antique
Shiroi Haru
My Little Chef

johnlewisy

Mendol-Ikemen Idol

Post by johnlewisy » Feb 1st, '10, 21:06

Does anyone know a similar drama to this? I didn't really like the yuri in it but I really liked the gender-bender and idol theme! :D
Any suggestions would really help as I've been looking for similar dramas but I really didn't find any.

Neliets

Re: Mendol-Ikemen Idol

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '10, 21:10

johnlewisy wrote:Does anyone know a similar drama to this? I didn't really like the yuri in it but I really liked the gender-bender and idol theme! :D
Any suggestions would really help as I've been looking for similar dramas but I really didn't find any.
Didn`t really understand you. And what drama you ment?

If you are searching for Idol-kinda stuff, then I`d recommend you Hana Yori Dango.

jnliten

Post by jnliten » Feb 2nd, '10, 18:33

Sixcoins wrote: Hotaru no Hikari
Around 40
Antique
Shiroi Haru
My Little Chef
I'm currently watching Hotaru no Hikaru. Already seen My little chef, it was alright. I'll check out the other 3 suggestions once I finish Hotaru.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 2nd, '10, 21:01

Neliets wrote:Can anyone recommend me a drama which is similar to Stand Up? I`d love something like that. If you can`t recommend something like that, then give me something where main characters are teens(or early, early 20s).

Thanks. x]

I`ve already seen these dramas :
Sailor suit and machine gun
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Nobuta wo Produce
First kiss
Proposal daisakusen
Hana yori dango
Stand up
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Densha Otoko
I bump my reply. :D

johnlewisy

Post by johnlewisy » Feb 2nd, '10, 22:43

To Neliets's comment "I didn't understand what you were talking about...
well on the topic I put down "Mendol-Ikeman Idol" but it came up really small :lol

So any recommendations to Mendol-Ikeman Idol other than Hana-Kimi?

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Feb 3rd, '10, 04:47

chan-san wrote: since you like all kind of genre,
I recommend
Hotaru no Hikari
&
JIN
hopefully not destroying the last grain of interest :roll
ryoko11 wrote:
Hotaru no Hikari is sweet and funny comedy/romance. Loved Buchou in it.
Already finished watching Hotaru No Hikari. I liked it very much!! Thanks guys!

bugmenot3

Post by bugmenot3 » Feb 3rd, '10, 22:57

I'm looking for recommendations for a good comedy drama. I'm 30 year old male if that matters.

Comedies I like and recommend:

Zettai Kareshi
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
My Boss My Hero (I prefer something else than highschool dramas but this I liked)
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Densha Otoko

Thanks!

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Feb 4th, '10, 10:42

bugmenot3,

you really can't go wrong with manhattan love story. it's a comedy.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 5th, '10, 22:36

Need teen drama suggestions pretty fast, please?

johnlewisy

Post by johnlewisy » Feb 6th, '10, 05:35

Well, there is ....
You're Beautiful,
HI, My Sweetheart (One of my all-time favourites),
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge,
and ....I'll put more up when I think of them

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 7th, '10, 14:49

Can i get some recommendations on crime/mystery/detective jdramas? Can't get enough of them XD
So far i watched:
Galileo
Mr Brain
Kiina
Q.E.D
Tokyo Dogs
BOSS

Denkira

Post by Denkira » Feb 15th, '10, 17:15

sweetimpact wrote:Can i get some recommendations on crime/mystery/detective jdramas? Can't get enough of them XD
So far i watched:
Galileo
Mr Brain
Kiina
Q.E.D
Tokyo Dogs
BOSS
I'd definitely recommend Bloody Monday (I'm currently hooked on that and it's awesome), also Majo Saiban is probably my favourite, it won't disappoint you ^^ I can also recommend Orthros no Inu and Maou ^^

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 15th, '10, 17:26

thanks for the reply =]
I've already watched Bloody monday and Orthros No Inu XD Maou and Maijo Saiban is next!

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Feb 15th, '10, 17:27

sweetimpact wrote:Can i get some recommendations on crime/mystery/detective jdramas? Can't get enough of them XD
So far i watched:
Galileo
Mr Brain
Kiina
Q.E.D
Tokyo Dogs
BOSS
How about:
SP: Security Police
H.i.t. (KDrama but is really good)

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 15th, '10, 18:15

Magerarenai Onna is currently running, and it's an excellent show. 70% drama - 30% comedy.

haylz27

Post by haylz27 » Feb 16th, '10, 09:47

Can anyone recommend some dramas for me? So far I have watched:
~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Tada Kimi Wo Aishiteru (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Zettai Kareshi / "Absolute Boyfriend"
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

and I am currently watching Samurai Highschool. Not the best so far but it might get better.

Any suggestions guys? As you can tell I like dramas that are either comedy/ romance/ drama/ relationships ect.

Preferably dramas made within the past few years or currently airing dramas. :-)

Thank you!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 16th, '10, 10:39

haylz27 wrote:Can anyone recommend some dramas for me? So far I have watched:
~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

and I am currently watching Samurai Highschool. Not the best so far but it might get better.

Any suggestions guys? As you can tell I like dramas that are either comedy/ romance/ drama/ relationships ect.

Preferably dramas made within the past few years or currently airing dramas. :-)

Thank you!
Romance
Aishiteiru to Ittekure - DramaWiki
Asunaro Hakusho - DramaWiki
Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu - DramaWiki

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 16th, '10, 11:19

haylz27 wrote:Can anyone recommend some dramas for me?
Nobuta wo Produce
Nodame Cantabile
(My #1 & #2 jdramas of all time)

Denkira

Post by Denkira » Feb 16th, '10, 12:40

~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

Thank you!

Considering the type you like, I would suggest Papa to Musume no Nanokakan ^^ It has Kato Shigeaki, Aragaki Yui and Tachi Hiroshi and it's not so popular but it's really funny and nice ^^

Other than that I'm almost sure you'll like the currently airing Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge ^^ It's after a manga and the story is just lovely, it has the perfect balance of love and humor I think...it's starring Kamenshi Kazuya, Tegoshi Yuya, Uchi Hiroki, Oomasa Aya and Miyao Shuntaro ^^

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Feb 16th, '10, 16:15

haylz27 wrote:Can anyone recommend some dramas for me?
Proposal Daisakusen and more recently Buzzer Beat

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 16th, '10, 22:35

Someone is rooting for Tomohisa kun, ne?

Nobuta wo produce is worth watching.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 17th, '10, 06:26

Does anyone know a Teen jdrama which is pretty similar to Stand up?

haylz27

Post by haylz27 » Feb 18th, '10, 11:17

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! :lol

miamiamiya

Post by miamiamiya » Feb 18th, '10, 14:11

Denkira wrote:
~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

Thank you!

Considering the type you like, I would suggest Papa to Musume no Nanokakan ^^ It has Kato Shigeaki, Aragaki Yui and Tachi Hiroshi and it's not so popular but it's really funny and nice ^^

Other than that I'm almost sure you'll like the currently airing Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge ^^ It's after a manga and the story is just lovely, it has the perfect balance of love and humor I think...it's starring Kamenshi Kazuya, Tegoshi Yuya, Uchi Hiroki, Oomasa Aya and Miyao Shuntaro ^^
I recommend Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge too.. :wub:
I've been reading the manga and now i almost can't wait to see the next episode of its dorama. It's a lovely story and full of craziness. Love it XD

haylz27

Post by haylz27 » Feb 19th, '10, 04:54

miamiamiya wrote:
Denkira wrote:
~Koizura (movie)
~Lovely Complex (movie)
~Hana Yori Dango♥
~Hana Kimi
~Kimi wa Petto

Thank you!

I recommend Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge too.. :wub:
I've been reading the manga and now i almost can't wait to see the next episode of its dorama. It's a lovely story and full of craziness. Love it XD
In that case I'll definitely check it out! Where would I be able to read the manga? (: Links? Oh and your DP.. :P Heheh. xD

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Feb 20th, '10, 17:48

what is your opinion on "Slow Dance"?

Fishface

Post by Fishface » Feb 20th, '10, 22:18

Hello all,
I've been watching jdramas to make my learning of Japanese a bit more fun but I'm having trouble deciding what to watch. Hopefully you can help me with that :D
So far I've watched/am watching:
JIN
Liar Game
Magerarenai Onna

which I think are all great. I also tried watching MR BRAIN but unfortunately I couldn't stand it and stopped watching after a few episodes.

bring on the recommendations! :cheers: