Chuno (Slave Hunters a.k.a Pursuing Servants) KBS2 2010

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuno (Slave Hunters a.k.a Pursuing Servants) KBS2 2010

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '10, 11:14

Official Title : 추노 (Chuno)
English Title : Slave Hunters (other variants: Pursuing Servants)
Genre: Fusion Sageuk
Main Cast : Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Oh Ji Ho, Lee Jong Hyuk, Gong Hyung Jin, Kim Ji Suk
Supporting Cast : Here
PD: Kwak Jung Hwan 곽정환 (Conspiracy In The Court)
Scriptwriter: Chun Sung Il 천성일 (Grade 7 Civil Servant)
Production Company : Chorokbaem Media (초록뱀 미디어)
Broadcast Station : KBS2
First Broadcast : January 6, 2010
Broadcast Times : Wed-Thurs 21:55 (Korea Time)
Number of Episodes : 24
Official Site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/chuno/
Watching Live : KBS Able
Soompi thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303202

Synopsis:
After the end of the war with the Ch'ing Dynasty (Manchu Invasion), slaves talk about joining an uprising of a righteous army. With a new king everyone would be made equal, living a decent life irrespective of social standing.
Keunommee, a slave, is excited but anxious as he joins the uprising.
Dae Gil, a son of a noble, and Un Nyun, a slave girl, are in love. One day Keunommee, Un Nyun's older brother, sets his master's house on fire and runs away with Un Nyun. Because of the fire, Dae Gil loses his family and becomes a slave hunter to catch Keunommee and Un Nyun. even so, Dae Gil still can't give up his feelings for Un Nyun.
Tae Ha, a general-turned-slave, escapes when he hears about Crown Price Seo Hyun being in danger. On the way he runs into Un Nyun who ran away on her honeymoon.
Dae Gil, the number 1 slave hunter in the country, is after Tae Ha.
The story of their entangled fate unfolds. *(taken from KBS Global Media, reworded by o-cha)

Subtitles:
With S2 has Chuno listed as their possible project
Thanks to soompi thread:)

Well, judging by the first episode, it is one hell of a great drama. The pacing was good, the acting was good, the storyline is great. Lets hope the ratings will be high enough and drama won't loose its pace.
Attachments
chuno.jpg
chuno.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
6e21847db2cd3a7749a3067d160e8cee1256872218_full.jpg
6e21847db2cd3a7749a3067d160e8cee1256872218_full.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 13th, '10, 12:07, edited 2 times in total.

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Jan 11th, '10, 05:23

hello, ethlenn,
i really want to watch this drama.. but i don't know where to watch it online..
i want to download it.. but it takes time.. i want to see it first before finish downloading...
i hope its the best drama in 2010..
i love to see Jang hyuk..hehehheheh

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '10, 08:45

Try Viikii or Mysoju for watching. Although I prefer download and watch without interruptions, in fairly good quality and waiting for the next part.
Try these links:
http://www.viikii.net/
http://www.mysoju.com/

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 11th, '10, 12:58

Interesting that, on the poster, Lee Da Hae's skin is corpse white, and the guys are much darker - or do they need a shower? Hello Asian female obsession with white skin!

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Jan 12th, '10, 00:58

thank you very much, ethlenn

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Jan 12th, '10, 00:59

thank you very much, ethlenn
:wub: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '10, 16:46

Updates:
"Chuno looks like a hit! The premier episode of the stylish historical fusion drama grabbed an almost 23% rating, a phenomenal number for a new series. The twice-a-week drama stars Jang Hyuk as a nobleman driven to revenge against the man who destroyed his family, played by Oh Ji Ho. Things only get more complicated when both fall for Lee Da Hae, an escaped slave who disguises herself as a man."
credits: dramafever

And for those who can read Korean (it's basically about the plot and ratings, or some nice shots, ladies):

http://photo.chosun.com/site/data/html_ ... Url=photo1
http://blog.chosun.com/blog.log.view.sc ... hUrl=blog2

And video with OST song (nice^^)
http://keywui.chosun.com/contents/102/8 ... ack=movie1

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 21st, '10, 19:38

Ratings: so far so good:

Ratings: (TNS | AGB Nielsen)

Episode 1 : (22.9%, 23.8%) | (19.7%, 20.4%)
Episode 2 : (24.8%, 25.3%) | (22.4%, 24.5%)
Episode 3 : (27.2%, 27.6%) | (26.4%, 27.9%)
Episode 4 : (30.8%, 31.4%) | (28.2%, 29.2%)
Episode 5 : (30.3%, 31%) | (30.8%, 33%)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 21st, '10, 21:40

i just dled the first 5 eps. i kept reading about it and it got me interested. it seems that my apeptite for kdramas is getting bigger and bigger. there is no way of stopping me. al thanks to special someone :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 21st, '10, 22:29

It's tense, has some disturbing images (or at least suggestive). Well, I'm delighted, and waiting impatiently for the next Wednesday :mrgreen: I love period drama/movie, so everything's in place :wub:

Yup, JGS is a root of love for K-dramas, that will soon bloom in your heart, dear^^

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 31st, '10, 05:10

After the fist 4 eps this series is looking good (and so is Lee Da Hae). As usual there are several irritating characters but not too bad at this stage.

Love it how nearly all the non upper class people look like they need a good hose down and scrub except for the female leads.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 31st, '10, 11:39

You know what they say: dirty man turns women on, dirty woman turns men off^^
I just love this drama, and I have to say that it was unnecessary to blur image in the last episode. Or maybe I'm wrong? This is not a daytime drama, so what's the point, it's already PG 15.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 31st, '10, 13:58

Ethlenn wrote:You know what they say: dirty man turns women on, dirty woman turns men off^^
I just love this drama, and I have to say that it was unnecessary to blur image in the last episode. Or maybe I'm wrong? This is not a daytime drama, so what's the point, it's already PG 15.
:lol :lol :lol SO TRUE!!! I found myself totlly into Dae Gil (DG) and Tae Ha (TH) in first 2eps and when i was checking these two actors on wiki and google, i found them less attractive than their dirty/scrufy characters in chuno. :P
i am still on ep2, i am leaving it for later on when i have more eps and more subs to enjoy. but could not help myself from peeking into my raw eps :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 31st, '10, 17:30

WITH S2 has subtitles for 4 episodes so far. Here---Chuno
Yes, there is something in Dae Gil :wub:

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 1st, '10, 03:26

A Korean television show about slaves. It's like the Korean version of roots!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075572/

I can't wait to see it!!! :cheers:

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 1st, '10, 12:35

Ethlenn wrote:Updates:
"Chuno looks like a hit! The premier episode of the stylish historical fusion drama grabbed an almost 23% rating, a phenomenal number for a new series. The twice-a-week drama stars Jang Hyuk as a nobleman driven to revenge against the man who destroyed his family, played by Oh Ji Ho. Things only get more complicated when both fall for Lee Da Hae, an escaped slave who disguises herself as a man."
credits: dramafever

And for those who can read Korean (it's basically about the plot and ratings, or some nice shots, ladies):

http://photo.chosun.com/site/data/html_ ... Url=photo1
http://blog.chosun.com/blog.log.view.sc ... hUrl=blog2

And video with OST song (nice^^)
http://keywui.chosun.com/contents/102/8 ... ack=movie1
MY GOD! Those men are delicious! :w00t: If that isn't a ratings booster I don't know what is!!! I just found something new to put in my list! :mrgreen: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 1st, '10, 14:45

Jang Hyuk is perfect for a dinner, yum yum :mrgreen:

And the ADHD camera technique makes them even more delicious^^

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 5th, '10, 11:52

I hoped alot more people would watch this. It's one of my must see drama this season, currently at ep6 , can't wait for more. KBS is definitely gunning down with IRIS and then this. Impressive.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 5th, '10, 16:38

fleng wrote:I hoped alot more people would watch this. It's one of my must see drama this season, currently at ep6 , can't wait for more. KBS is definitely gunning down with IRIS and then this. Impressive.
Who is going up against his and IRIS ? What poor shows are going against them?
:unsure:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 5th, '10, 16:41

Ekhem, YAB was against IRIS. Me too. Now OB-GYN is up.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 5th, '10, 17:03

Ethlenn wrote:Ekhem, YAB was against IRIS. Me too. Now OB-GYN is up.
Dr. Vagoo M.D. If te first 3 episodes don't catch enough people it's so gonna fall. My take: I'ts gonna be recorded and the following 2 weeks are going to show the true ratings. :idea:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 5th, '10, 17:10

Yeah, I guess you're right. Chuno is like 40%, so I don't think OBGYN will make up to this. Plus, who is interested in medical dramas??

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 6th, '10, 08:47

Ethlenn wrote:Yeah, I guess you're right. Chuno is like 40%, so I don't think OBGYN will make up to this. Plus, who is interested in medical dramas??
This ganked from allkoreandrama dot com

Synopsis

The drama deplicts the life of a talented OB-GYN doctor, Seo Hye Young, and the difficulties she faces with her profession. Her love life takes an unexpected turn when she’s pursued by two younger men: one is a pediatrician at her hospital, Lee Sang Shik, and the other is her friend, Wang Jae Suk.

Character Description

obgyn-cast-1Seo Hyeyoung (Obstetrician) / Jang Seo Hee

Obstetrics second year fellow ->Section chief of one local hospital.

Workholic person who lives 365 days in hospital. She has issued many articles as well as has competent surgery skill. She wants to remain in school as a professor. She is a pro-choicer on abortion. She takes a positive position on re-build the abortion law which is not realistic. If she should choose one between mother and baby in emergency case, she surely save mother without any hesitation sacrificing baby.

Now, she faces a difficulty. While she has dated with Mr. Yoon who is senior officer in her hospital, she finds out her own pregnancy. But, Mr. Yoon already has a legal wife. After she does a lady’s abortion operation who bear disabled baby, she is dispatched to a local hospital.

obgyn-cast-7Lee Sang Shik (Pediatrician) / Ko Joo Won

Doctor who is in charge of newborn critical patient unit.

He has a character who is half child care center nanny, half doctor. Straight, a little bit inflexible character who likes baby very much and care very well.

Accidently, one day, he is trapped in elevator with Seo Hye Young and treated her morning sickness. After that accident, he meets her again in hospital operation clinic, then, he become a sole person who know her pregnancy.

When he sees she throw a tantrum to unfairness at the time of debate with patient, he tell to other person that she is a kind lady. Because of that comment, he is treated as a not ordinary man. But, he is interested in Hye Young who is little cynical, but open heart to patient. Rare man who sees her character as it is, not thinking she has too violent temper, too smart to get close.

obgyn-cast-6Wang Jae Suk (Obstetrician) / Suh Ji Suk

Sterility clinic doctor where Hye Young is dispatched.

Close friend with Hye Young – Alumnus of preschool, elementary school, and high school.

There is unique feeling between them which is less than love, more than friendship. He catches the sensitive atmosphere between Hye Young and Sang Shik. His heart become unique when Sang Shik carries Hye Young on his back, At that time, Hye Young is in crisis of abortion. He thinks the baby’s father should be Sang Shik, so, he let Hye Young’s mother know her situation and relationship with Sang Shik.

He has opposite position against abortion and he is Catholic. He is a good sterility clinic doctor who receives belief from patient.

Yeah....the standard drama torn between two guys blah blah.... Their ratings will not end well. The only way "tales of a vagina doctor" actually achieve title of super mega fun show is that the leads become pregnant. yes.....both of them...yes the guy too. and have a live birth. Seriously....This will not end well...at all...ever. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 6th, '10, 14:20

To be honest, I don't think Chuno will end good as well.
But the plot of OB GYN is so much not my cup of coffee, and I guess not only mine. Time slot is the second reason. Who can beat up now Chuno? Well, we'll see after two weeks.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 7th, '10, 10:28

Ratings:

Date: Nationwide: Seoul:
2010-01-06 1 22.9 (4th) 23.8 (3rd)
2010-01-07 2 24.8 (2nd) 25.3 (3rd)
2010-01-13 3 27.2 (2nd) 27.6 (3rd)
2010-01-14 4 30.8 (2nd) 31.4 (2nd)
2010-01-20 5 30.3 (2nd) 31.0 (1st)
2010-01-21 6 33.7 (1st) 34.9 (1st)
2010-01-27 7 31.6 (1st) 31.7 (1st)
2010-01-28 8 33.5 (1st) 34.3 (1st)
2010-02-03 9 34.6 (1st) 35.2 (1st)
2010-02-04 10 35.0 (1st) 35.8 (1st)

I don't know what other drama could beat that now. 5 last episodes gained 1st place both nationwide and in Seoul. But if Lee Da Hae will keep her looks, I'm not sure about that flood of criticism, maybe the levee will break^^
Even though, very, very good sageuk drama :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 7th, '10, 10:47

have you read about recent complains by viewers about chuno? it has not effected the rating but i read that number of complains is on the high.
mostly about LDH looks and the fact that she looks too clean and too beautiful in every scene and it sometime does not match the drama setting and theme. specially when all actors around her looking dirty. i agree, what striked me the most was seeing her always glowing with complete make up and clean and sparkingly face and cloths. with all traveling on the horse back, she has to get dirty in the way.
other complain was about her cleavage showing more often in scenes and director's decision to blue it out at the begining and now deciding not to do so. have not seen these scenes myself but i read tht viewers said it made it even worse. not sure about movie/drama ratings in Korea but from what i saw, they were hardly something to be concerned about. i don't what's the whole big deal. but i guess, if it happens more often, people will always wonder why. you can call it a part of fan service.
the funny is i did not read any complains like these when all male actors are semi-naked, with open chest most of times. i am blaming female viewers for these complians. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 7th, '10, 11:29

I think KBS made a huge mistake with blurring her cleavage in the last eps, but what can I do? It's not like drama is for those under 13, it is rated PG15, so useless fuss. And yes, LDH is way too clean. I know, there was her wedding, and she was supposed to be clean, but then, she run away. She was fugitive. i don't think there were cosmetic pads and tonic available through Joseon country. If screenwriters don't do something about this soon, the bitter comments will be coming up. It's not natural. I understand that it's not so appealing to show a dirty woman, but Chuno started so good and naturalistic, I expect more from it.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 7th, '10, 14:25

i am remembering HGD now and even with its bizzar fusion of old and new in every sense every where (in music, in the way they talked [i just can't get over the scene were she said "i love you" in English and hgd reaction to it]) and where you can believe and accept anything (like spotting a circle band aid sticker on JGS hand :P ) HYN character was just realistic in each time. she was clean when she had to be beautiful and she was not so in normal days. and she was suppose to the famle lead charcater too.
its not that LDH character was rich from the start. she was a slave herself. but the way she act is like she is born as a princess.
i agree, not natural at all. it's starting to get my nerves too. :unsure: but the show is just GREAT. :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 8th, '10, 22:39

Music for Chuno is definitely modern, like for HGD, ne?
Yup, right now LDH is on the plate^^

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 8th, '10, 23:51

Ethlenn wrote:Music for Chuno is definitely modern, like for HGD, ne?
Yup, right now LDH is on the plate^^
LDH?
HGD is Hong Gil Dong right?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 9th, '10, 00:01

Nope, Lee Da Hae, main actress in Chuno^^. Everyone is talking about her photo-shoots for Marie Claire Korea, her cleavage (which was blurred), and cleanliness in Chuno.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 9th, '10, 00:05

Ethlenn wrote:Nope, Lee Da Hae, main actress in Chuno^^. Everyone is talking about her photo-shoots for Marie Claire Korea, her cleavage (which was blurred), and cleanliness in Chuno.
I hae no clue about slavery in Korea but from what know about slavery in the U.S. is that there were slaves in the field and slaves in the house. I though that would be an excuse for a bit but now there is like 10 episodes and she is still fresh and clean? hhmm...I can't rationalize that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 9th, '10, 00:22

Yes, slavery was something obvious in Korean society back then, still they were treated differently from those in US or Rome. They could be given some property in some cases.
But definitely, not soap and running jasmine water to wash pretty face^^

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 9th, '10, 00:29

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, slavery was something obvious in Korean society back then, still they were treated differently from those in US or Rome. They could be given some property in some cases.
But definitely, not soap and running jasmine water to wash pretty face^^
Whoa whoa whoa....whoa! No sopa or running jasmine water?..well that is just crazy talk! :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 9th, '10, 00:58

Yeah, that is why I left those crazy, dirty bastards!
And on top of that - to tonic to wash my stunningly beautiful, always after the best-cleansing-mud-mask face!

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 10th, '10, 08:10

lol it's hilarious how picky those stupid Koreans netizens are about Entertainment medias. It's even funnier when they make a big deal of what some random anonymous fat slob of a netizen made a comment.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '10, 12:45

Are you referring to someone in particular? Being clean is a mistake, although easily forgiven. As you see, we're joking of course (quote after: The Shark from Craig Fergusson Show^^).
But this article is interesting though (but in Korean)
http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_d ... hUrl=news5

kepit

Post by kepit » Feb 10th, '10, 14:41

I have download Chuno until 10th episodes even though the subs only came for 7th episode - I don't care! The story is GREAT with superb acting from Oh Ji Ho & Jang Hyuk, Lee Dae He is one lucky lady. I agreed though she looked very polish for dimsel in distress..Jang Hyuk really knew Kung Fu, Oh Ji Ho admitted it during Happy days programme - dats explained why Oh Ji Ho's fighting scene don't looked so real - he used stunt man unlike Jang Hyuk. The pace & the story line is BETTER than the rest of other K-Drama, that usually in the middle it's start to bored but in Chuno, every episodes intensified each moments. I'm just biting my nails when Jang Hyuk starts to fight. WHEN WILL THE NEXT EPISODES AIRED???

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '10, 14:55

Chuno airs Wednesdays - Thursdays.
Jang Hyuk is mouthwatering indeed, but fight scenes are somewhat ballet-like. I enjoy it though^^

fleng

Post by fleng » Feb 10th, '10, 16:21

The fight scene is definitely inspired by 300 the movie, the slowmo then fast forward-ish cinematography. Heck Jang Hyuk even said the director told him to come back with 300-ish body.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '10, 16:31

I'm not into it. I like classic fight, I have nothing against finesse and air in the fight scene, but overboarding it makes me bored. And they use ADHD camera, yes...

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 10th, '10, 16:33

Ethlenn wrote:Chuno airs Wednesdays - Thursdays.
Jang Hyuk is mouthwatering indeed, but fight scenes are somewhat ballet-like. I enjoy it though^^
Hot guys and fight scenes...pass the popcorn. :w00t:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '10, 16:48

Here:
Attachments
chuno06.jpg
chuno06.jpg (156.87 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno13.jpg
chuno13.jpg (164.35 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno_87.jpg
chuno_87.jpg (59.34 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno_97.jpg
chuno_97.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno-movie-stills-part-1.jpg
chuno-movie-stills-part-1.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno-movie-stills-part-2.jpg
chuno-movie-stills-part-2.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
chuno-movie-stills-part-3.jpg
chuno-movie-stills-part-3.jpg (60.76 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
s_chuno08.jpg
s_chuno08.jpg (118.05 KiB) Viewed 8138 times
s_chuno16.jpg
s_chuno16.jpg (190.06 KiB) Viewed 8138 times

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Feb 11th, '10, 02:24

Ethlenn wrote:Here:
You are such an enabler! *munch munch* :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 11th, '10, 03:03

DG is SOOO yuummy :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 12th, '10, 09:42

And his smirk is heavenly, yesss.... :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 01:19

ok, i said that DG is soo yummy

but now i found TH is SOO delicious too

plus, he has a cooler and manlier voice :wub:

now

Otto Kajo??? :goggle:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 13:37

AND NOW, i can't stop listening to this track

GLOOMY 30's

but the whole OST is just AWSOME :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '10, 16:00

The music is classic FUSION SAGEUK type^^
The last episodes gave me the creeps. DG is such a complicated character. he was like this from the beginning, but now he's plunging into the depths of pure madness. His character became dark, close to a psycho. But still, I love him^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 16:06

Ethlenn wrote:The music is classic FUSION SAGEUK type^^
The last episodes gave me the creeps. DG is such a complicated character. he was like this from the beginning, but now he's plunging into the depths of pure madness. His character became dark, close to a psycho. But still, I love him^^
:O :O :O i am still on ep5,
for some reasons he does remind of japanese actor Jun Kaname alot. umm his DG look though. specially the eyes. maybe its only my eyes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '10, 16:18

Hmmm, I don't see any resemblance, but maybe the eyes...
Well, I would eat Jang Hyuk here and now. I ate ramen, but still, there is a place^^ :mrgreen:
Attachments
jun_kaname.jpg
jun_kaname.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 8170 times
JangHyuk.jpg
JangHyuk.jpg (16.8 KiB) Viewed 8170 times

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '10, 16:24

ummmm, if look at deagil picture that i posted, he does resemble him in some angles. as i said, only in DG character not much in real life pictures.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '10, 16:31

Ah, now I got it. Sorry, too much reading in kanji, without them I'm lost, meheheh!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 10:07

Me again,
The Slave Hunters (on KBS World @ 9PM) main star Jang Hyuk shows off his washboard abs in the magazine “High Cut.”

And I must say, you can definitely wash your clothes on them..

Jang Hyuk is featured in a 12-page pictorial and here is a peek!

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 27th, '10, 10:37

OMG, OMG, OMG
i watched ep4 last night (this explains why i am so sleepy today at work and can't open my eyes) and i am torn between DG and TH.
those moments between TH and UN is sooooo heart melting. specially when he kept looking at her as he was leaving after was better. it's been a while since i have seen such an emotional scene in a drama that really gets into you.
on the other hand, DG. there is no way you can NOT love him. i just loved how he treats that little dance and how she is so in love with him.
i really can't wait to get home and see more. i am SOOO ADDICTED to it now.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 10:49

I knew it, this is the power of DG!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 27th, '10, 11:16

Ethlenn wrote:I knew it, this is the power of DG!!
YES 8)
I am thinking of watching his other dramas. but have to admit, his DG look is what's making me attracted to him. that scruffy look, because i don't like his rich boy image much.
this is the second JANG that made my eyes :goggle:

:mrgreen:

hana_hide

Post by hana_hide » Feb 27th, '10, 11:26

Drama I not miss to watching every Wed & Thur

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 14:39

If I get my hands on that High Cut I will post the pics right away^^

ptimi79

Post by ptimi79 » Feb 27th, '10, 17:20

Hi!
I like Chuno too. Great music, good looking actors, fighting scenes, romance.
You can watch it with english or chinese sub on dramasub.com.
The problem is that I could only watch ep 1-14 with eng sub.
If you find the following episodes, please let me know.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 27th, '10, 17:20

i am sure i have not seen it but just incase i have missed it, is there torrents or place to dl for Chuno HD 720p version as i see the subs for this version is available on with S2 site :scratch:
now that i am so addicted, i am want to see it in best quality picture i can get :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 17:36

Hehe, on soompi there are always posting links to all sized dramas. In case you don't find it, I will pm you.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '10, 16:48

Ethlenn wrote:Hehe, on soompi there are always posting links to all sized dramas. In case you don't find it, I will pm you.
:salut: :salut: :salut:
Thanks alot dear. but i still have problem. i found different 720p files that have different name than the one is being subbed. like with S2 has subs for 720p HAN version, i can't find this at all. instead i have 720p SAN version in mkv (i know this deos not matter much). does this make different with timing of subs if i used it. same for other eps, like there is sub for ep6, 720p CEO but i can't find it and instead i have 720 YuRi. is sooooo confusing :crazy:

can i say one more thing?

I AM TOTALLY MADLY INSANELY OBSESSED AND IN LOVE WITH CHUNO NOW. damn you TH and DG. damn you for taking my sleep away and making me want to watch you two all the time. :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:
ep 5 & 6 were just pure LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. spcially that TH. :pale: :pale: :pale:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 28th, '10, 17:09

You can adjust the timing yourself, If you want MU, I can send you another pm with links to it.
No, I have a weak spot for mad people, so I'm rooting for DG. But I guess, UN will never leave her husband, damn it. Damn you TH!!

MeraLina

Post by MeraLina » Feb 28th, '10, 17:10

Where can I find links for English Subs to ep 15 ? :( :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '10, 17:25

MeraLina wrote:Where can I find links for English Subs to ep 15 ? :( :(
with S2 only subbed till ep11 not sure where else u can find it.

@E^^ Please, i will be grateful. :salut: :salut: :salut:
not so sure about editing the timing myself. never done it before. :pale:

as for TH and DG. :lol
ok, i think i always root for a gentle person. don't mind the weirdness and some madness too. it's so strange because i always go with 1st love/old love but in here, TH has totally captured my heart. i am telling you, his voice is making him even more appealing to me. but i really can't say that i don't like DG. as i said, i am torn between these two. i am going insane because i keep changing sides. one minutes loving TH another minutes dying for DG. total madness :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 28th, '10, 17:33

Yes, I know, this is what makes a good dramas and characters. And I have a really bad feeling about the ending, with all of these actions and words, I think there is no hope for DG. He will wind up dead. That's my opinion, but I guess everything can happen. Judging from his words, he is calling deep inside for death. I have such impression.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '10, 17:41

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, I know, this is what makes a good dramas and characters. And I have a really bad feeling about the ending, with all of these actions and words, I think there is no hope for DG. He will wind up dead. That's my opinion, but I guess everything can happen. Judging from his words, he is calling deep inside for death. I have such impression.
i am thinking that TH will die :cry: :cry: :cry:
that scene in ep16 where DG cut TH knoted hair and it got loose and all over his face and head band? :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale: just died and went to heaven :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 1st, '10, 01:46

Well, I guess everyone is going to die.... nantonaku kimochi waruine...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 1st, '10, 13:38

bearing in mind i still LOVE LDG alot, but can i just drool over TH for a while. i am seriously fallen for this guy :wub: :wub: :wub:

it's just he makes my heart beats faster everytime he is on the screen :goggle: :pale: :goggle:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '10, 09:36

Hmm, I watched the last episodes for the second time, and I realized I don't quite like UN. I can understand her, and feel the sympathy, but I don't like her character at all. At this pace I'm not sure what screenwriters have for her in mind either.
This is what annoys me sometimes in dramas (on both sides of Tsushima kaikyou/Korean Strait), the lack of decisiveness in female leads. They're constantly waiting for a current of events.
Mukatsuku!! :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 10:57

i have said it before, female character in korean dramas are weak, annoying and undecisive most of times. chuno is no difference. while i am so amazed by DG and TH characters thought out this drama, i still struggle to see anything unique and appealing about UN. apart from her sparkingly clean image. i don't hate her character at all. but still not very convinced by her too. watched ep 10 last night and so she has made up her mind and feeling about TH. finally!!!
only female character that i like the most in chuni is that girl who loves DG. she is such a breath of fresh air. i can't help to gigle over her cute and sweet moments with DG. i am not saying this because i want TH to keep his woman (because i want him all to myself :P jodan! jodan) but i really think that DG is better of with her than UN.

i need more drooling over TH. i jsut can't have enough of him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ps. don't you think that royal baby looks like our baby JGS abit? can't help thinking like this everytime i see that cute face :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '10, 13:10

Yeah, I was yelling at my screen: DG you baka, forget about UN (and think of me, mehehehe), and look around!!!
About female characters in Kdramas... you know, I barely made it with BOF, Geum Jan Di was so annoying, so lifeless, I just wanted to slam her in the face. Nothing close to Tsukushi^^. I don't know why is that. They just sit around, sometimes scream and cry. They can't muster up and tell about their feelings, they always mess up... But I guess it's not the case only in Korean movie industry, everywhere women have less interesting roles to play, you know.
Baby? Chotto chotto. I had the same impression but then again, like you, I can see JKS everywhere, mehehe^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '10, 14:39

oh yes, yes yes. you keep DG and i take my TH and we both live happily ever after. it's just the we need to return to some hundereds years back and i don't think i can live without technology and internet (forget about clean water and decent bed and bathroom :P ) but hey, i think i can do this little sacrifice just to get my hands on TH. :mrgreen:

ok, i am more drooling and obsessing :P

imagining myself instead of UN in here :P

and now excuse me while i faint :pale: :pale: :pale:

yeppp, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint
maybe is us who see JKS almost every where :scratch: but the baby is sooo cute. that's why i remembered JKS. :wub:

and OMG, OMG, OMG. Innolife selling Chuno calender :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: (thanks soompi chuno thread :salut: )

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want
this

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 3rd, '10, 10:17

Yes, we finally managed to get one man for ourselves not sharing one, mehehe^^
You know, this baby acts more skillfully than most of the "new actors" in my country :lol
And the proof I can't break free from a madman spell :wub:
Yes...
I want to be here: