[Discussion] Tokyo DOGS:Shun Oguri, Mizushima Hiro

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
A.N.JELL

Post by A.N.JELL » Nov 29th, '09, 12:08

poonk wrote: In short, I can't believe I'm actually preferring Oguri Shun's uptight, quietly humorous character to Hiro's loud, super-expressive character.
I laughed so hard at this comment :lol
Thank you~♥
emmy21 wrote:Love the exile theme song and ending sequence too (which is way nicer than the actual exile pv).
This is very true. I was expecting the Exile PV to be better than the ending sequence of the show but... it was a letdown :-(

So far i've watched all the episodes that TLS has released and am loving the show.
I have skimmed through the rest... as i'm screen-capping them & it looks like the story develops more in the fifth episode.

Oguri Shun is great in this dorama, from his look to his acting, i don't think anyone could have done this character better. As for Mizushima~ i like his character but at times he is a little bit over the top.

I hope that i'm not the only person finding the lead female (Yuki) annoying :-(

Who else here is loving the Takakura's mother?
I love her ridiculously timed phone calls & conversations :D

prestoli
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Nov 30th, '09, 19:19

I am sticking with this drama because I do like the chemistry between Oguri and Mizushima.

I have to say though that I find the telephone calls from Takakura's mother really annoying. It doesn't make any sense to me why she would be calling her son so often while he's on duty, for such stupid things. She was afterall married to a detective, wasn't she? She knows how dangerous a job it is. With that last call about the idol, it was so ridiculous to me I wondered quite frankly if she was "mentally challenged".

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 30th, '09, 22:06

the calling is called humor i guess. but a lot of misses the target since it's also to be a serious show.
that's why everybodies stupid mistakes annoy me.

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Dec 1st, '09, 05:52

:thumright:

I'm really looking forward to this drama torrent. The last time I'm very touched with mr. brain and Maou (Mr. Brain also had Hiro, I guess). I hope this drama will exceed my expectation...

:cheers:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 6th, '09, 01:29

Oh my gooodness me have been so busy with school.... my first post in a while. I watch this drama when I come home on the weekends (internet connection SUCKS at school) I like this drama! I dunno why everyone dislikes Hiro.... I kinda like this side of him because it makes him a broader actor who can do different roles. All the time he's like the pretty boy and kinda cool or relaxed (well, the dramas I've seen him in...) But it this one... well, I think he's more lively and a bit more entertaining than in like... Zettai Kareshi and even Hana Kimi. The over the top acting is kinda funny too be cause again, I never thought of Hiro like this before. And I am actually surprise that is Shun too... he's different than previous dramas I saw him in. And he actually look like.... he's in his mid-30's actually. Like his role is much more mature and I like that.

But yeah... I kinda see the drama making fun of how America and Hollywood and you see in the movies cops busting down doors and shooting people. It contradicts the culture and it's interesting to see. I hope I can watch eppy 6 before I have to go back to college >_<

AND... I like Hiro's scruffyness! It makes him look interesting because there are times when he's kinda ok... and times when he looks bad.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 6th, '09, 07:39

prestoli wrote:I am sticking with this drama because I do like the chemistry between Oguri and Mizushima.

I have to say though that I find the telephone calls from Takakura's mother really annoying. It doesn't make any sense to me why she would be calling her son so often while he's on duty, for such stupid things. She was afterall married to a detective, wasn't she? She knows how dangerous a job it is. With that last call about the idol, it was so ridiculous to me I wondered quite frankly if she was "mentally challenged".
Moms can get pretty annoying. They get too naggy and can call at very inconvenient times. Like when you're rushing to get work done at work and they call and ask what you want for dinner or whatever. Or if you're busy at work and they call you several times a day cuz they're not doing anything at home.

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Dec 16th, '09, 18:51

prestoli wrote:I am sticking with this drama because I do like the chemistry between Oguri and Mizushima.

i agree. but then again, why does he even answer?

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Dec 18th, '09, 05:44

Quick question - does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in Episode 7 (around 21 minutes) or in Episode 8 (around 27:30)? Thanks!

EDIT: Aha, no worries, I just found it! Exile - Heavenly White. I :heart: that song SO much.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Dec 18th, '09, 09:37

I was pretty sceptical about this after the first episode, but when I stopped having such high expectations over this, I got soooooo addicted! Now I can't wait to see what happens!

I'm not really a fan of Hiro, but once you get used to it, his antics are pretty funny. His really not the only one with a weird character and kind of excessive style of humour, so he fits in surprisingly well. The ridiculous arguments with Shun are really the best, they have great chemistry!
And Oguri Shun! Wow, he's just so good in this. He looks quite attractive, too. I just really like his acting, even if the drama is not that good, he always makes a good performance.

Anyway, once you get used to it, the drama is actually pretty good. Even the serious bits and comedy bits start to flow together pretty well, and I actually can't even imagine how this could've been done differently. I totally love it! :heart:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 18th, '09, 17:00

seirin wrote:

Moms can get pretty annoying. They get too naggy and can call at very inconvenient times. Like when you're rushing to get work done at work and they call and ask what you want for dinner or whatever. Or if you're busy at work and they call you several times a day cuz they're not doing anything at home.
yea the question she asked is outrageuos sometimes :lol :unsure:
.... SMH

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 18th, '09, 17:02

Mugatu wrote:

i agree. but then again, why does he even answer?
yea u right .. I'm guessing because its his mom ...IDk thats what i think ?

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Dec 18th, '09, 23:01

Wellllll, his mum did mention that his dad always picked up the phone even when he was out at work. So that might also have something to do with it.

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Dec 19th, '09, 00:32

misuzana wrote:yea u right .. I'm guessing because its his mom ...IDk thats what i think ?
but he doesn't have to answer just before entering a gun battle or whatever :P

Post by 1111 » Dec 20th, '09, 21:50

I'm loving this Drama, I love the comedy touch in it..

does anyone know where can I watch the spin-off show [Mission in TOKYO DOGS]?
it seems like its only for mobily useres and I didn't found it in youtube =S

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » Dec 23rd, '09, 04:32

Hey, just to ask, does anybody know the orchestra piece that Nina (the American drug dealer's daughter) is playing at the concert in Episode 10?

nu_tiq87

Post by nu_tiq87 » Dec 23rd, '09, 05:31

i love this drama..esp in third episode..very touching in this episode..
but im still waiting anyone can upload for the last episode..

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 25th, '09, 19:32

Mugatu wrote:
misuzana wrote:yea u right .. I'm guessing because its his mom ...IDk thats what i think ?
but he doesn't have to answer just before entering a gun battle or whatever :P
true but that the fun part right ! he always does :P smh

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 25th, '09, 19:34

:lol I like wheh flips the girl and is about to stomp her :lol :lol that was nice :P :whistling:

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Dec 27th, '09, 21:44

LOVED THE ENDING xD xD
it almost got me crying...........
..........and then Sou ruins it.
:)
sooooooo funny !! xD xD

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 14th, '10, 18:04

e u p h o r i s t i c wrote:LOVED THE ENDING xD xD
it almost got me crying...........
..........and then Sou ruins it.
:)
sooooooo funny !! xD xD
:D :P yea the ending was funny :lol :lol :lol

lokuna

Post by lokuna » Jan 19th, '10, 04:58

It‘s a funny drama。
I hope season 2 in the neraly future.

Danger Ghost

Post by Danger Ghost » Jan 24th, '10, 09:23

hayoo ...need ur help minna san... :roll
anyone know the singer/title song of the background song in ep.07 when yuki remembered the place and was visiting her dating place ...
and also in ep.08 when sou was confused whether to help yuki or go after jinoo's men..
onegaiii :wub:

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Jan 28th, '10, 07:42

ep. 8 when Maruo tried to cheer and flirt and confess at the same time, he made a really funny self-absorbed skit. HAHAHAHA, seriously!

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 31st, '10, 01:38

l0nEr wrote:Hey, just to ask, does anybody know the orchestra piece that Nina (the American drug dealer's daughter) is playing at the concert in Episode 10?
It's the first movement of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto no. 1.
A Youtube link here.

Razor.

Post by Razor. » Mar 25th, '10, 22:20

i love this dorama!
totally amazing.
haha.
i loved hiro face when he said 'i'm lonely,' xDDDD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 16:43

Mizushima Hiro was so damn annoying. To tell the truth he is always annoying in every drama he stars. Episodes were uneven, sometimes I had the feeling that screenwriters were circling in one place unsure what to do next.
Apart from putting more hyperactivity in Maruo.
I managed to watch it just because of Shun. If S 2 is on the way, make it more dynamic, without Hiro, pretty, pretty please^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 16:55

Mizushima Hiro was so damn annoying. To tell the truth he is always annoying in every drama he stars. Episodes were uneven, sometimes I had the feeling that screenwriters were circling in one place unsure what to do next.
i really liked him in mei-chan and thought he was really good in Room of King. :mrgreen: but have to say that i did not like his character in TD much.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Apr 3rd, '10, 15:21

now this is just me but
Mauro was different to what he usually do .. but it made shun character come out more so without each I think it would have been dul

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 3rd, '10, 21:35

^ i think i agree with you.. together they gave the drama some interesting moments..

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Apr 14th, '10, 02:44

MisS Lonliah wrote:^ i think i agree with you.. together they gave the drama some interesting moments..
they sure did :lol

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Jul 22nd, '10, 09:18

Minna, I love this drama. Would it be greedy to ask for a second season? Waaahhhh!!!!!!!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Aug 2nd, '10, 17:41

sansukini wrote:Minna, I love this drama. Would it be greedy to ask for a second season? Waaahhhh!!!!!!!
haha no :P but I don't think they might have another

Buraddo

Post by Buraddo » Jan 1st, '11, 11:20

1111 wrote:I'm loving this Drama, I love the comedy touch in it..

does anyone know where can I watch the spin-off show [Mission in TOKYO DOGS]?
it seems like its only for mobily useres and I didn't found it in youtube =S
Yeah doe's anyone as i have seen the whole drama but i really want to see Mission in Tokyo Dogs plz does somebody know how to download or watch it thanks heaps guys.

electricBonBon

Post by electricBonBon » Sep 9th, '11, 23:14

I'm watching it currently (just watched the 6th episode), and I'm more and more into it. *_* But only 4 episodes left .. :/
Sou and Maruo are such a great team! And I love their discussions all the time, especially when they're actually in a risky situation. XD
This drama makes me laugh so often, but at the same time it's exciting and touching (Yuki's memories etc). I'm so curious about what happened between Yuki and her sister ;_; Will that come into the open? O_O

Anyways.

XD

darkw1zard

Post by darkw1zard » Mar 15th, '12, 19:28

I was in the middle of watching KimuTaku's Good Luck, then suddenly have the urge to watch my long postponed drama, Tokyo DOGS.
Started well, hooked me quite well. I love the acting, the chemistry of main trio, supporting casts are good.
Even the joke as well is spot on.
The action scenes could be more, felt it rather flat & poor.

I was rofl at the end of eps 10, when Sou used his gun at the airport. :D

Rate: 8.0
:salut: :wub:

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Mar 17th, '12, 04:20

It's sad that Mizushima Hiro stopped acting when his career is at the top, huh? :(
I don't think acting can deter him from looking over Ayaka, as I read in wiki, her disease isn't the type that would block her to continue singing. I'm sad with Ayaka's stopping her singing too. I just love her voice so much.