[Discussion]Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Kamenashi Kazuya)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion]Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Kamenashi Kazuya)

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 30th, '09, 21:38

* Title: ヤマトナデシコ七変化
* Title (romaji): Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
* Also known as: The Perfect Girl Evolution
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Comedy
* Broadcast network: TBS
* Broadcast period: 2010-Jan-15 start
* Air time: Friday 22:00

Synopsis:
Takano Kyohei is a handsome but bad-tempered university student who is always ready for a fight; Toyama Yujinojo possesses a cuteness that can be mistaken for a girl; the cool-headed Oda Takenaga excels in academics and sports; and the princely Mori Ranmaru loves females, accept a proposal from the female owner of the house where they are lodging at for “free lodging if they are able to transform her niece into a proper lady”. Her niece, Nakahara Sunako lives in a gloomy and solitary world because of an inferior complex about her looks.
Cast:
* Kamenashi Kazuya as Takano Kohei

* Oomasa Aya as Nakahara Sunako

* Tegoshi Yuya as Toyama Yukinojo

* Uchi Hiroki as Oda Takenaga

* Miyao Shuntaroas Morii Ranmaru

* Hoshino Aki

Original writing (manga): Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge by Hayakawa Tomoko (はやかわともこ)
thanks to whoever made this

Notes:
JORSubs announced that they are going to release Hardsubs for this drama! ( Thanks JORSubs )
GiriGiri Fansubs announced that they are going to release Softsubs for this drama! ( Thanks GiriGiri Fansubs )
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge @wiki.d-addicts

To ALL who are interested to JOIN the LJ Community that is dedicated to this drama
Click Here

PS: This is Kame's third winter drama in a row, I hope this one will be really a better one! ^^
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jan 22nd, '10, 23:47, edited 6 times in total.

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » Nov 30th, '09, 21:44

It sounds interesting. I think I'll be giving it a go come January. :D

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Nov 30th, '09, 21:47

I loved the manga and the anime can't wait to see it :D

Harle

Post by Harle » Nov 30th, '09, 23:25

I suggest you to change the order of the actors.
The leading ones are Kamenashi and Oomasa Aya (even though in the original story it's only Sunako, not Kyohei).
And Tegoshi should be under the spoiler since his is a secondary role.

I love the manga and I really recommend it to all of you. It's awesome!
I'm quite disappointed with the casting, but that's another story.
Still waiting to see if they can pull it off, though.

lunas

Post by lunas » Dec 1st, '09, 01:32

Love the manga, not sure about this casts.

Midnight
Canada

Post by Midnight » Dec 1st, '09, 02:00

Didn't know they were making this into a live action. A little leery about the casting but will check it out all the same and hope it's good.

Meteora

Post by Meteora » Dec 1st, '09, 03:06

Harle wrote:I suggest you to change the order of the actors.
The leading ones are Kamenashi and Oomasa Aya (even though in the original story it's only Sunako, not Kyohei).

Actually, in the first announcement about it, under the lead actor section, only Kame's name was stated. Everyone else was classed as co-stars.

Even in the newspaper, his photo is the biggest, about 5-6x bigger than all the other casts.
Like this:

And in the news' clips that were recently broadcasted (like asazuba for example), he's not only the one who was shown the most but also the only one whose character is described with details by the announcers, the other casts were mentioned with very general information.

I think all of these are able to give us an idea about whom this drama is going to focus on.
Last edited by Meteora on Dec 1st, '09, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

hyall

Post by hyall » Dec 1st, '09, 03:15

I loved this anime except the chibi bits. I felt that the constant representation of her in chibi was just too much and the nosebleeds were overdone. Let us hope they do not do that in the drama.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 1st, '09, 04:16

sorry to write here that but I hate the casting. XD (not personally, just I didn't think they fit their characters.)
TBS, are you joking with us?? XD

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Dec 1st, '09, 04:21

Wow! I really like the cast and I think this manga would make a really interesting drama! I definitely want to check this one out.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Dec 1st, '09, 04:42

Meteora

Harle is not contradicting what you say, we all know they have turned Yamanade into a drama where Kame is ahead of all characters even when the original story is not about Kyouhei; she has just pointed, and quite right, that the two main actors are Kame and Oomasa not Kame And Tegoshi as the actors pictures disposition seem to suggest.

I am with her that those should be changed and leave out of the spoilers Kame and Oomasa or maybe all out but in thumbnails.

It is obvious by my icon that i am a big fan of this manga, i have been reading it for years (many) and i am still reading it whenever a new chapter lands in my hands and will keep on doing it. If you have not please do! It's great :)

Got to say i always pictured Kame in this drama, BUT as Ranmaru, a character he fits much better. I had expected a better cast but now it's done and we can just see what happens :S

Unfortunatelly i can't help to feel discouraged :(

Meteora

Post by Meteora » Dec 1st, '09, 05:10

Ginoru wrote:Meteora

Harle is not contradicting what you say, we all know they have turned Yamanade into a drama where Kame is ahead of all characters even when the original story is not about Kyouhei; she has just pointed, and quite right, that the two main actors are Kame and Oomasa not Kame And Tegoshi as the actors pictures disposition seem to suggest.

I am with her that those should be changed and leave out of the spoilers Kame and Oomasa or maybe all out but in thumbnails.

I'm not thinking opposite of her. I'm okie with her wanting Tegoshi to put together with the other supporting cast.

The only difference in my opinion is that even though Aya should be considered as a main character just like Kame, from how the press & television announced the information of this drama, it's clearly that almost everything just focus mostly on Kame only.

Directly speaking, I was just trying to be subtle about how I think that everything I've read & seen on the news seems to lead to the idea that Kame is the only main character here. Maybe I should edit out that line about Tegoshi in the quote so people will get what I mean to say better.
My thoughts are correct or not, we'll have to wait to see the drama itself to know.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Dec 1st, '09, 05:24

:scratchchin: I was just wondering the other day in Favorite Manga thread about somebody making this into live action. I should wonder more often because it comes true quite quickly :P.
Harle wrote:I love the manga and I really recommend it to all of you. It's awesome!
I'm quite disappointed with the casting, but that's another story.
Still waiting to see if they can pull it off, though.
I have to agree completely. I love the manga and the anime as well. But I'm a bit wary about the cast. Kamenashi Kazuya isn't my first choice as Kyohei. I would've thought Ikuta Toma was a no brainer for this role. Toma certainly has the look down. For fans of the manga and the anime, we know that Kyohei is the best looking boy ever (as the story went). Toma may not be the best looking but he is certainly closer to that than Kazuya (no offense).

I never really thought My Boss My Hero's Sakura-something could be mistaken for a girl. :scratchchin: So to put him in a role with that description doesn't seem to fit. The dude playing Ranmaru seems too old. The boys were supposed to be in high school.

I'm excited about Oomasa Aya though. I've always thought Sunako was a pretty girl and Aya would do just fine. :thumleft:

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Dec 1st, '09, 05:32

:wub:

I really can't wait!!
The story seems fun, and I do like Kamenashi as well..

:salut: to JOR..
Ganbatte kudasai yo!

Anyway, i do believe in Kame's abiility to act. He did very well in Yuuki and also Nobuta. Compared to Toma, Toma might be better, but I think Kame is not that disappointing also.

Let's just see what he can give.. :thumright: Go, kame..
Last edited by koyuki-chan on Dec 1st, '09, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

slopoke

Post by slopoke » Dec 1st, '09, 05:50

Several sites have people complaining on the casting. Why not wait and see what Kamenashi can do? I honestly believe that given a good script he can do a really good job. And there are plenty who find him handsome and pretty at the same time. Even if he isn't your type exactly he fits that description very well for a great number of people.

I find some of the complaints odd though. "He's not tall enough" - he is Japanese. He isn't going to be towering over people. Many anime/manga draw their chars with long legs and freakishly tall. To expect a human, and an asian human at that, to appear the same is bizarre. "It should have been Jin!" I love Jin too, but why emphasize the criticism he can't act by typecasting him? I actually like the idea of Kamenashi cast for a role he isn't typical for, although I would have preferred for him to be in something other than yet another manga adaptation. (Note that these criticisms are from elsewhere. I am just preemptively presenting them since I am sure it's a matter of time before they come here.)

Personally I think let the drama come and see what happens. Nothing can come of your disagreeing with the cast. More powerful people than you already decided it so either you will watch it or you won't. I can only pray the script is decent. I think the actors may surprise you. This is a great story with a lot of potential so I am hoping the drama turns out well.

HUGE cheers to JOR subs for picking this up fast. You guys are all about quality so I am really looking forward to that.

pizza17

Post by pizza17 » Dec 1st, '09, 06:36

I'm really looking forward to this drama ^^ I love the anime, it only took me a weekend to watch it lol
Not sure about the casting yet, but seems like it will be focused on Kame again (like in the Gokusen movie hehe) But he's alright :D, so just gotta wait til January to see what they make out of that great anime.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 1st, '09, 13:40

Harle wrote:I suggest you to change the order of the actors.
And Tegoshi should be under the spoiler since his is a secondary role.
Thanks for the suggestion =) I just wanted to attract Tegoshi fans :P jk
ok done! but to avoid such things in the future, all the cast are there now without any 'spoiler'

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 1st, '09, 13:55

HA? Is this true? I can't believe it! I love this manga and the anime. The leading actors are JEs? WOW!

Fumei

Post by Fumei » Dec 1st, '09, 14:10

OMG it's true? a drama of Yamanade? <3333333
I really love the manga and didn't dislke the anime so I hope that this will also be good!

Gotta be honest I haven't seen Kame in much drama yet... only in Gokusen 2 and I can't really remember him in there *ponders*
But well we will see how this drama comes to a stand in January!
Last edited by Fumei on Dec 2nd, '09, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Dir.en.Rei

Post by Dir.en.Rei » Dec 1st, '09, 14:27

omgosh noooo. the anime was perfect enough as it is - leave the franchise on a good note please.

ps. who are they kiddin' if they intend on using a high school setting for the live-adaptation?

taylor

Post by taylor » Dec 1st, '09, 14:32

This will be my first time seeing Uchimiya in the drama and Tego too! And with Kame in this drama, it really reminds me of Nobuta neh. Ganbatte
Last edited by taylor on Dec 1st, '09, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Dec 1st, '09, 14:34

I'm not much into anime, and my manga fandom has vanished but... YESSS! I adore Yamanade! <3
Can't wait to see this!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Dec 1st, '09, 19:23

Meteora

Yeah, what to expect... they have changed all the story to make Kyohei the main character, that is so wrong for people like me who are big fans of the manga, Sunako and Kyohei have almost the same importance in the manga but even there he is still the second main :(

slopoke

Maybe that would have never appeared here if you had not brought it, up to now there was nothing of that matter here.

Got to say though that from what i have read about criticism come from people who know the manga and the characters personalities by heart and love and defend them, and as has happened other times they want to see their fav piece of manga well portrayed, many also know the actors chosen and can give their opinion based on knowledge, i think it's all right to listen to their opinion. By what i have read around the criticism is less about the actors themselves than about who has been picked for each character. For example me, with the cast we have i can see Uchi being Kyouhei, Kame Ranmaru and the dancer guy Takenaga, Tego is ok as Yuki and i have no idea about the girl's acting but she has quite a hard character to portray, wish them all luck.

About the height nonsense i just can point to Matsujun magnificent Doumyoji as example, but also that there are many over 1.80 japanese actors; maybe they point at the height because the producer said they had casted Kame because of his physical hability and may have read physical appearance instead, i have notice that many people missundertand what they read.

But as you said what it's done it's done and we can only wait to judge based on what they will show us.

I have read the rest of comments and feel like i need to point two things:

1. They have set Yamande in College not High School (i think this is an improvement :) )

2. Yamanade is not like Nobuta, i know that when people read "guys changing girl" that pops up but it's not, you just have to read the manga to see it ;) or watch the anime

And here http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/42392.html there is a list of scenes that will be filmed the 5 and 6 , TBS is asking for extras. It's a start to know what arte they using from the manga so far.
Last edited by Ginoru on Dec 1st, '09, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Dec 1st, '09, 20:32

I just hope they do a good job I would of chosen different actors but im not the director :lol

None the less cant wait to see it!!!! ^^ I just hope they make a Taiwan version!!!! *-*

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Dec 1st, '09, 22:48

we r waiting for this series hope it will be great

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:37

Kame is a good actor relatively speaking that is.

Meteora

Post by Meteora » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:41

Ginoru wrote:Meteora

Yeah, what to expect... they have changed all the story to make Kyohei the main character, that is so wrong for people like me who are big fans of the manga, Sunako and Kyohei have almost the same importance in the manga but even there he is still the second main :(

Yeah, I have no intention to hide the fact that it made me kinda disappointed.

You know Hana Yori Dango? There're some similarities in these two: one heroine & 4 important male characters - among them, there's 1 who is most involved with the heroine. When they made the drama, they let Inoue Mao (who played Tsukushi) to be the 1st lead, even Matsumoto Jun was considered as "supporting" (he won Best Supporting Actor in 10th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix after all).

Shouldn't they learn from it that it's not always necessary to put the hot guy on top of the cast to make a successful drama? =.=

Every fans of the manga/anime knows what position Sunako holds in the whole story. But now, when they decided to make a live-action, they let Kyouhei overshadow her & be the number one character instead.
How can we, who know about the manga, not be sad about it? :(

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:59

If Sunako is not the lead it wont be like the original series and that will suck so bad... I really hate HYD because it was change so much from the original story line so if the do something like HYD I wont be happy nor interested to continue seeing the series...

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 2nd, '09, 04:53

Ginoru wrote:
Got to say though that from what i have read about criticism come from people who know the manga and the characters personalities by heart and love and defend them, and as has happened other times they want to see their fav piece of manga well portrayed, many also know the actors chosen and can give their opinion based on knowledge, i think it's all right to listen to their opinion.
I couldn't say any better. :thumright:

Fumei

Post by Fumei » Dec 2nd, '09, 09:08

Marieluna wrote:If Sunako is not the lead it wont be like the original series and that will suck so bad... I really hate HYD because it was change so much from the original story line so if the do something like HYD I wont be happy nor interested to continue seeing the series...
I wonder... if it would be like HYD, then it would be good right? I like HYD, beause they kept the heroine! and they didn't make Jun the lead! So if they would follow HYD, then they would let Sunako be the heroine and that would only be good, because then they wouldn't change the whole concept of Yamanade
Last edited by Fumei on Dec 2nd, '09, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

tessmctessy

Post by tessmctessy » Dec 2nd, '09, 09:26

I was sooo shocked just now when I saw this thread. I couldn't believe there will be a drama for this series! I had a similar shock when I saw Otomen. I will be very sad if they take the lead spot away from Sunako. I will still watch it loyally.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 2nd, '09, 19:02

UPDATES

GiriGiri Fansubs announced yesterday that they are going to release SoftSubs for this drama... Thanks a lot GiriGiri ^^

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Dec 2nd, '09, 19:47

Meteora

That's the good of the Drama Discussion threads, this one exists to talk about the drama, good or bad, what we see or what we expect (so far we just can talk from knowing the manga and the actors); the fangirling stays out in the actors threads, the important thing here is the drama.

In fact there are more than a few simmilarities, they have the same director...he did well in HYD 1 packing all he could from the manga and trying to give it sense and conclusion despite the changes in 9 episodes (i bet that if he had known they would have a second season he would have done better), he managed to keep the spirit of it, i just hope he does simmilar in this one....

Exactly, make the actors work for the drama not the drama for the actors, that was one of the main points HYD was so well recived by the manga fans, they didn't turn the story around, and Jun was fantastic.
I really would like to, at least! see the spirit of Yamanade, that's why i'll give it a chance after all there's little more than a month to see it :)

I have a lot of fears regarding Sunako, i really really hope they keep her true to herself, strong,wild, not cute/kawaii at all...and never taking a second seat to Kyouhei in anything, specially fighting.

Another fear i have is how and if they will show the world they move into, Visual K, Jrock, goth lolitas...; it would be a great chance to show that that world is as much acceptable as the "kawaii" one, that one sometimes gets on my nerves...

And Noi, Tamao and Machiko? (i am guessing Hoshino Aki to be Auntie)

I know all the difficult topics (sexual harrasement, bullying and such) nakedness, sexual tension, Sunako attempting to murder Kyouhei more than once(this can't be off!! :lol ) is going to be diluted, being a 10 pm drama i somehow understand even when i don't like it much XD

By the way i played "Spot Her" with Oomasa in HYD 2 XD I found her!!

hyall

Post by hyall » Dec 2nd, '09, 20:55

I have been thinking about this her very depressive and dark character will definitely get diluted. very sad really. Plus Hiroshi what a treat it would be if they could bring him to life.
Last edited by hyall on Dec 3rd, '09, 02:18, edited 2 times in total.

cheng83

Post by cheng83 » Dec 2nd, '09, 22:01

i seriously have doubts whether oomasa aya can play a convincing sunako....quite certain that there will be major changes to her character...

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Dec 3rd, '09, 01:08

This looks like it is going to be interesting. I liked the Manga and i don't care so much about the casting just if there is a decent script.

Hopefully it will turn out okay.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Dec 3rd, '09, 08:31

Woahhhhh cool. I didn't know they were going to make this Live action. Hated the anime adaptation so hopefully they can do justice in this drama version. I like the cast so far. Don't know much about the girl though, but all the guys are cute.

Edit: Why so many complaints about the cast? I think Kame-san can actually pull this off. He is a good actor so lets give him benefit of the doubt. As for Tegoshi ... dude seriously when I first watched My Boss My Hero, I was like huh who is this girl (that was my ignorant self before knowing who NEWS, JE, and Tegomass were). Give him the right hair, makeup and I'm sure he can pull off the look of a "more beautiful than a girl" type of guy.

Sorry have to add: I'm so glad that there will be no TW version :whistling: Have you seen other TW adaptations of Japanese mangas? They make the mangas we all love become lame and cheesy.

@Marieluna: You hate HYD? I thought that was the best adaptation for the manga. I personally hated Meteor Garden (guys may look like their roles, but none of them could act ... at that time because now most of them improved)

And Sunako IS the lead female character. Without her, there wouldn't be a Wallflower or Perfect Girl Evolution to "evolve". Wonder how this Aya actress will portray her because her personality is supposed to be glum yet funny and not overacting. Haha love her skull friends.

Feasible

Post by Feasible » Dec 3rd, '09, 09:34

Kame may not be the best looking idol to have appeared in recent years, but he's the best of the crop in acting. I haven't followed the dramas of any of the "idol actors" from Gokusen 1-3 since, except for Kame.

apithea

Post by apithea » Dec 6th, '09, 13:13

I can't hardly wait to see the dorama next season.
I think it's gonna be good enough to watch.

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Dec 6th, '09, 13:30

Im so super-excited for this new drama.. I always love the yamato anime and to finally have a jodrama and having Kame to starred in it makes things luk even more promising.. Thanks for the thread and the update.. Yipee!

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Dec 6th, '09, 20:58

I like the manga. I know why people are furious about the cast choice and characters focus. To be fair, this, together with Ouran High school Host club are two of the manga that, I think, should never be made into drama.

However, I kinda understand why they put Kyouhei forward as the main character - with this line-up of cast! It's like ...if you want to put a JE in general in a drama, he must have one of the top spots. And if he's not gonna be the lead one, then the spot must be taken by someone who has lots mote experiences than him. Take Kimi wa Petto or HYD or Anego as examples! Shinohara Ryoko-san,Koyuki-san and Inoue Mao -chan are, as I described above, much more established than MatsuJun or Jin.

Back to this drama, Oomasa Aya - I havent seen this girl much, but as I remember, her first acting experience was as an extra in HYD back in 2007, and I saw her again in Mei-chan and Buzzer Beat (for only 2 eps in the later, because I can't stand Yamapi's emotionless face anymore). Her acting is... a bit plain and stiff. So I think it's natural why they let Sunako become supporting to Kyouhei.

So, in a way, she worries me as sunako...

aznlilboiz

Post by aznlilboiz » Dec 7th, '09, 04:39

if u dont like the cast, dont watch it.

if u like the manga but not live-action, dont watch it.

if u dont like it, just move along.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 7th, '09, 23:18

(thanks to whoever made this)

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Dec 8th, '09, 00:46

Ehhhh...? That chick from Buzzer Beat as the Leading Lady? Nandeeehhh??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: (Lol, as if I've even read the manga.) But she hardly made an impression as YamaPi's li'l sis. Hope she delivers this time, though I'm not holding my breath. :whistling:

Great. They just HAD to go get that little moony-eyed wart from NEWS to play Kame's friend/whatever. Gaaahhh, the things I have to put up with just to slog through a Kamenashi dorama. Damn you Kame, damn you!!! *shakes fist*

OosakiNana707

Post by OosakiNana707 » Dec 8th, '09, 01:33

I've been waiting for someone to release this DRAMA it's been my dream watch Yamato Nadeshiko in DORAMA that when I read the news I screamed really.....!!!!!! OMG.... BUT I dont like Kamenashi Kazuya as a Kohei!!! There are better actors, and more handsome for that character... But well, I think the Important part is that YAmato Nadeshiko is going to be a DORAMA kyaaaaaaaaaaaa I can wait to watch it..!!!

darkice7_12

can't wait to watch it!!

Post by darkice7_12 » Dec 8th, '09, 22:07

I am really excited about this. I don't really care about the casting because everyone has their own vision of who would be perfect. I'll watch it because I'm curious about how the drama team will approach this subject matter. This is one of those wacky mangas that I wouldn't have expected anyone to make into a live-action. But now that they are making it, I am curious about how everything will look. Can't wait until January!! :D

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Dec 8th, '09, 23:52

Ginoru wrote: By the way i played "Spot Her" with Oomasa in HYD 2 XD I found her!!
I was planning to do the same :lol except, I cant find my sister's pirated HYD DVDs :-(
(during HYD years, I wasn't into "downloading" it myself yet :unsure: so we had to buy from pirated DVD sellers at anime conventions)

anyway, Im so proud that people are okay with King TegoRock playing Yuki :w00t:

and to J-One Records, gan gan ganbatte :salut:

orichan

Post by orichan » Dec 12th, '09, 00:43

I am excited about this drama simply because I will probably see a satisfactory end to the story. The truth is in the manga nothing is ever really resolved even after 24 books. >_<

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '09, 08:55

goes into to watch list. :lol
I think Kame does well in these types of roles.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Dec 12th, '09, 13:25

orichan wrote:I am excited about this drama simply because I will probably see a satisfactory end to the story. The truth is in the manga nothing is ever really resolved even after 24 books. >_<
Don't count on that. It's a shoujo manga adaptation stuffed with JE boys. Which means that the focus will probably be mostly on the boys, Sunako's extreme character will be toned down,most of the scary and weird stuff from tha manga will be left out and we won't get a proper love story because nobody wants to enrage the fangirls.. In other words, even if the source material is good (and it is) they might change the story so much that you won't recognize it.

I will watch it anyway because I like the manga but I don't have high hopes for it.

7-go

Post by 7-go » Dec 12th, '09, 14:23

Wow, I'm curious to see how they are going to show us the "down-gloomy-cracking-electricity-in-the-air" version of Sunako in live action.

oh man. actually I can't even imagine it could be made in live action. Lets just wait and see.

I hope they don't change the original storyline too much.

at least show us fans some chibi version ? too much to ask..? sigh...~

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 12th, '09, 16:44

Oh man I'm a big fan of the Anime soo I'm wating to see how they put this together ... can't wait to see it. :cheers:

Kahshan

Post by Kahshan » Dec 16th, '09, 07:05

that picture has been made by asian zone fansub ^^

will be releasing the spanish translation as soon as it comes out :cheers:

TG4

Post by TG4 » Dec 17th, '09, 00:46

I don't think you should write off the main actress right away. Inoue Mao, Horikita Maki, and Haruka Ayase are just three relatively unknown actresses before they hit it big with HYD, Nobuta, and Sekachuu (respectively). In fact, I distinctly remember Maki playing an "annoying little sister" in "Densha Otoko" just before she played Nobuta.

wainee

Post by wainee » Dec 17th, '09, 01:28

sounds cool. :salut:

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Dec 17th, '09, 02:54

TG4 wrote:I don't think you should write off the main actress right away. Inoue Mao, Horikita Maki, and Haruka Ayase are just three relatively unknown actresses before they hit it big with HYD, Nobuta, and Sekachuu (respectively). In fact, I distinctly remember Maki playing an "annoying little sister" in "Densha Otoko" just before she played Nobuta.
Point conceded. :mrgreen:

(Hmmm. I actually liked Maki's character on Densha Otoko way more than her turns on Kurosagi or Hana Kimi. Or mebbe that's just me. :scratch: But yeah, Nobuta was the role of her career.)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Dec 17th, '09, 22:48

watashiwachiaki

It's not difficult ;) once you find them you will find her in ep 1 already ;)

orichan

In fact many things have been solved since Volume 18, that's it, if you read the manga to the core of the story :)

nell123

I think you have resumed it quite well there, i am with you, i'll watch but don't expect much, who knows maybe they will suprise us for good............

7-go

As nell123 said i wouldn't count too much with many things we are familiar with in the manga.

Your first wish of not changing things too much is already down, to beguin with Sunako is not the main character and they have included that kid that is everywhere lately, Kato Seshiro in the cast and his character it is a big change on itself because there are no kids related to Sunako or her family in the drama.

TG4

You are right there, we know nothing or at least not too much of her then we can judge until we see, the same goes for the guy playing Ranmaru, he already has a possitive from me, he is keeping Ranmaru's dressing style from what was shown in Ousama no Brunch interview and that's good, turning himself into the character and not making the character be like himself is a good start.

I have already mentioned the casted kid up there but in case you have missed it the wiki page is updated. On one hand i am happy to have Noi around but finding that they have given aunty a name feels weird.

Also read that they have been filiming in Hokkaido (probably for the yuki onna chapter or something simmilar), training in fight...here http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/45182.html . And seems they are using the Atadan and Yukan Club castle too.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 17th, '09, 23:07

@Kahshan: thanks a lot ^^

here is the CM guys, if you haven't seen it yet

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Dec 17th, '09, 23:37

I understand why lots of people worried about Aya taking up Sunako's role. She's pretty new in the whole acting business.

But I saw the Ousama no Brunch clip, and she's totally into character. It freaking funny :)

Here's the subbed vid on YT if you wanna watch -->

On another hand hurray for the tri-Johnny's. I dunno if Kame IS really the lead char. Maybe they're just using his popularity to draw crowds...
But double hurray for Kame as Kyohei :)))

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 18th, '09, 17:10

MisS Lonliah wrote:@Kahshan: thanks a lot ^^

here is the CM guys, if you haven't seen it yet
Oh great ...ok iknow is just a preview but i'm having .... u know what it will be fine :blink :unsure:

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 19th, '09, 20:23

nell123 wrote:
orichan wrote:I am excited about this drama simply because I will probably see a satisfactory end to the story. The truth is in the manga nothing is ever really resolved even after 24 books. >_<
Don't count on that. It's a shoujo manga adaptation stuffed with JE boys. Which means that the focus will probably be mostly on the boys, Sunako's extreme character will be toned down,most of the scary and weird stuff from tha manga will be left out and we won't get a proper love story because nobody wants to enrage the fangirls.. In other words, even if the source material is good (and it is) they might change the story so much that you won't recognize it.
how could you read my mind?? :lol

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Dec 19th, '09, 21:17

I hope you are wrong. Love the manga.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 22nd, '09, 22:08

at least Noichi is cute. XD

nell123

Post by nell123 » Dec 22nd, '09, 23:03

@ londonsoul:

I hope I'm wrong too. Actually, I'm a bit hopeful now because I checked the wiki pages on the cast and the director. Except Kamenashi Kazuya, I don't really know much about the cast but the director has some really nice dramas in his resume. Based on that, this one could turn out good.

@ SP1CA:

Yup, she is. :-) I hope we get to see the full story between her and Takenaga. It was one of the funniest things in the anime.

didia

Post by didia » Dec 24th, '09, 05:24

I'll be super mad if they alter the story and make Kamenashi Kazuya the main plot character for the drama... Sunako IS the wallflower darnit!!!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 25th, '09, 19:31

didia wrote:I'll be super mad if they alter the story and make Kamenashi Kazuya the main plot character for the drama... Sunako IS the wallflower darnit!!!
haha ... yea that would be good at all ... but for now all we can do is wait and seewhat they do :P

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Dec 25th, '09, 23:23

i'm a little excited for the drama because of uchi and tegoshi yuya. but Kame is a huge turn-off for me so i don't know if i'm going be enjoying it as much as i would iwithout kame. i was hesitating about adding this drama to my to-watch list, but since i miss yuya quite a bit i guess i'll watch it.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Dec 26th, '09, 07:48

Hmmm... I'm mostly trying to reserve judgement about the casting until I watch it but I do have to comment that while I have no problem with Kame as an actor, he no longer looks like a high school boy to me. But, well, it wouldn't be the first time someone obviously older played a teenager so what do I know...

I also agree with a number of other posters in that I really hope they don't tone down Sunako's morbid, misanthropic, and downright weird tendencies & obsessions too much in order to make her somehow more "acceptable" as a drama heroine. That would be pretty lame.

Having said all that, I'm actually looking forward to this quite a lot.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 2nd, '10, 06:59

this makes me wonder how Kamenashi Kazuya would handle the Hot headed-shining-good-looking Kyohei image...

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jan 3rd, '10, 19:45

I've heard really good things about this, and I've been in a role play based off of it. And I'm really excited because of Kame and Tesshi's participation ~ :D :D
Haha another Johnny's Entertainement drama <3

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 3rd, '10, 23:42

I want to see this :D

nijokeem

Post by nijokeem » Jan 5th, '10, 07:11

I personally can't wait. It was such a great story, least I can do is give it a chance ^-^

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jan 5th, '10, 08:14

for the sake of those who doesn't know the LJ comm for this drama is http://community.livejournal.com/yamanade2010/
:salut:

Vider

Post by Vider » Jan 7th, '10, 07:53

kya~ :cheers:
This is one of my favorite animes/mangas... I went :pale: when I saw it was being made into a drama
I hope they don't mess this up :cussing:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 9th, '10, 18:22

Vider wrote:kya~ :cheers:
This is one of my favorite animes/mangas... I went :pale: when I saw it was being made into a drama
I hope they don't mess this up :cussing:
you and me both :P :glare: