[Discussion] Mr. Brain

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 30th, '09, 01:04

avieamber wrote:man...i can't wait to watch ep5/6 with subs! Nakama Yukie!!! :cheers:
I read that she was SO great in her role and so scary that you need to watch something very cheery to shake off her image from your mind. i just can't wait to watch this ep. so tempted to watch it raw but i think I'll wait for subs to enjoy it more.

Kai200X

Post by Kai200X » Jul 1st, '09, 23:48

Well, now I can't wait to watch episode 7 to see two of my favorite actors in it.

katdiva

Post by katdiva » Jul 2nd, '09, 00:05

avieamber wrote:man...i can't wait to watch ep5/6 with subs! Nakama Yukie!!! :cheers:
I've watched all the way up until Ep 7, which I'm waiting for now, and she performs her role so well that it's completely believable! MPD never looked hotter! LOL

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jul 3rd, '09, 01:57

Issy wrote:
I read that she was SO great in her role and so scary that you need to watch something very cheery to shake off her image from your mind. i just can't wait to watch this ep. so tempted to watch it raw but i think I'll wait for subs to enjoy it more.
omg episode 6 was so freakin creepy!!! :pale:
nakama yukie did a GREAT job as a "suspect with multiple personality disorder."
^oops i think that's a hint... :whistling:
i looking forward to the 7th episode :thumright:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 4th, '09, 08:49

watched ep 5 last night (all thanks to Giri Giri subs) :salut:
i really hope that they finish the story in ep6 because i am not liking two half stories in one ep. it's just does not have the same impact.
as i thought the music prof was the killer. but as i said, i really like Takeru Satu in these one and half ep.
as for Yuki's part, this half ep did not creep me as much as i thought and read. so i guess i have to wait for ep6.
but one thing i thought was odd and kind of cliche. we know that she is the murdurer in this ep but why everyone has to notice her or bump into her in some ways. Hayashida noticed her from far at first. then Yuri bumped into her and from next ep's preview tsukomo himself. this does not happnen usually but in the drama they keep repeating this scene. i found it totally unnecessary, even if it has something to do with next ep.
but i am finidng myself more and more drawn to Takuya in this drama. my views changed so much since 1st ep. 8)

jewelchan

Post by jewelchan » Jul 4th, '09, 12:56

Seems like next week's episode 8 will be the last episode for this drama. Too bad it's so short. :cry:

I doubt that the producer might have run out of ideas to connect neuroscience to murder/mystery. So far, I really enjoy the knowledge and technology they showed us in this drama but for the mystery aspect, I think they failed badly. (A lot of things are very illogical in this drama, really. After finished watching each episode, I always had a lot of what/where/when/why/how questions in my head and those questions have never been answered in the series.)

Anyway, despite all the complaints, I really enjoyed this drama. :lol The comedy parts are nicely done. I had a good laugh in almost all episodes. The cast is great and I'm still saying that I love Mizushima Hiro in this clumsy detective role. :wub: (Aren't you guys think he's cute this way? His look when he's scared is soooo cute... hahaha...)

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jul 4th, '09, 20:58

Oh damn, I'm really sad it's so short because I was getting into it more and more with each week.
Especially since I finished almost all my other dramas for thiss eason and was simply glad I still had Mr. Brain to watch xD

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 4th, '09, 22:49

Cannot make a connection with ep 07. Don't know why yet but will just hang in there.

Peg

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 6th, '09, 15:38

Damn Yukie is one awesome actress, always loved her elegant face but damn she can play Crazy anyday. It was so good. :) I love it.

adohr

Post by adohr » Jul 6th, '09, 22:03

i must say, that i am in love with this drama! ^^ this is the first time i am watching a kimura takuya drama and i think it's amazing. i loved the episodes with nakama yukie! she really did give me a scare, her acting was very convincing :) i wish this drama would not end so soon. ><

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Jul 6th, '09, 22:29

Looks like a lot of people are familiar with Kimura Takuya, I'm not one of them. He does strike me as quite a good actor though.

Does anyone know if he's the same guy that did the Cyril Takayama spoof?

The name looked familiar but unfortunately the youtube description doesn't seem to have all the details.

I've just watch Ep.1-6 of Mr.Brain and thought it looked remarkably like a Japanese version of "CSI:Crime Scene Investigation", granted some of the tech stuff is a bit more advanced, but the opening scene and even the logo looks strikingly similar.

Just thought I'd ask.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 7th, '09, 03:31

Yes he is the same guy. That was one of his skits in a variety show he hosts with his bandmate, SMAP. The show is called SMAPxSMAP and it's posted on d-addicts regularly.

Carolyn1

Post by Carolyn1 » Jul 7th, '09, 03:34

:cussing: i am not so used to Takuya Kimura's curved hair and clothes in the drama, but i love his hair in the first episode, he looks more young and handsome with that hairstyle :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 7th, '09, 23:05

If you watch any of the 'Hostman' episodes on SMAPxSMAP, then you will soon realise that Kimura's appearance as the third rate tacky host at the start of MR.BRAIN was almost sure to have been a tongue in cheek 'skit upon a skit.'....

Kimura was the most sharp and gorgeous Host you have ever seen, with a sparkling white outfit and carefully groomed hair and all the bling he could wear. He used to do those sketches with Goro. Very funny always and sometimes with a guest. US guests never knew what was happening really. That was funny.

The third rate host at the start of MR.BRAIN was untidy and rumpled and his hair undoubtedly a wig that needed attention. Also funny.

Try and find a SxS show that has a Hostman section. You will love it.

Peggy

shearerc

Post by shearerc » Jul 8th, '09, 14:14

only 8 eps? oh my, i thought it was going to be the usual 10 or 11... :cry:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 8th, '09, 14:52

shearerc wrote:only 8 eps? oh my, i thought it was going to be the usual 10 or 11... :cry:
sad right? maybe they ran out of stories... :P

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 9th, '09, 09:31

I'm happy with 8 eps because it was originally rumored to have only 6 episodes. It actually has only 5 cases and 1 big case at the end too so looks like the rumor was not too far off. Ep4-5 and Ep5-6 would work better as two 75-min episodes. I guess that was the original plan but they decided to extend later.

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jul 12th, '09, 21:45

I'm surprised there's only 8 episodes in this drama! I was expecting at least 10 episodes!

dmtien

Mr. Brain OST

Post by dmtien » Jul 13th, '09, 02:31

Does anyone have the soundtrack to Mr. Brain yet? It was supposedly released on July 1st, but I can't find any local distributors to get it; iTunes requires a Japanese credit card to buy any of the tracks.

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jul 14th, '09, 01:48

8 eps only - Low ratings (for a kitamura drama) vis a vis high production costs is not a profitable combination. They probably had more eps planned, but cut their losses early.

in ep1, Ryoko Hirosue, you don't put a on actress of that caliber just for that short a scene. It was mostly likely a set up to a story they would have explored at the later stages of the series.

Most likely scenario, they wait maybe a year for an SP or movie.

TwilightMay

Post by TwilightMay » Jul 14th, '09, 03:41

popoycanton wrote:8 eps only - Low ratings (for a kitamura drama) vis a vis high production costs is not a profitable combination. They probably had more eps planned, but cut their losses early.

in ep1, Ryoko Hirosue, you don't put a on actress of that caliber just for that short a scene. It was mostly likely a set up to a story they would have explored at the later stages of the series.

As was mentioned earlier, it seemed to be more the case where they had 6 eps planned and then extended it to 8. The Japanese wiki and the rumor buzz had the finale date as 6.27 for a long time before it was changed to the July date.

Whatever the situation, Mr. Brain is the highest-rated drama of the spring season with an average of 20.1%. That's very good, especially for a Saturday night time slot. Sounds like a win to me.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 14th, '09, 03:45

I wouldn't call 20% on average a low rating drama, even if it's a Kimura's drama. Especially, when the time slot is tough. This is still much much higher than average for a Saturday night at 8pm. The other previous dramas hardly scored higher than 10-11%. The highest rating in this time slot before Mr. Brain was ROOKIES and it got only 14.8%

I didn't think the drama was cut short because it was already rumored since before the drama was announced that it would have only 6 episodes. And Kimura more or less said in his radio show even around the third episode that Mr. Brain would have 8 episodes.

There was another rumor back in late April that there would be a movie too. And the finale looks like it could be true, or there might be a 2nd season.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 14th, '09, 18:30

Despite all the naysayers this drama has been successful and has attained a high rating.
Personally I thought it was a funny and interesting drama and Kimura was rather effective in a very different character for him. He can put himself into a role and it seems to me that all the guest stars were more than happy to appear even if only for a short scene. I still think that the beginning of the first episode was really spot on with Kimura as a very secondary 'Host'... and Ryoko Hirosue remains in memory even tho it was a short appearance. That's good acting in my opinion.
In fact I found the beginning very funny because Kimura has done the 'Perfect No.1 Host ' in skits with Goro on the SMAP shows. There, he is sharp and pristine in his sparkling white suit and with all the bling even his teeth sparkle. The contrast with the host in 'Mr. BRAIN' was probably only apparent to SMAP and Kimura admirers. Funny.

Peggy

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 14th, '09, 21:53

popoycanton wrote:8 eps only - Low ratings (for a kitamura drama) vis a vis high production costs is not a profitable combination. They probably had more eps planned, but cut their losses early.

I don't think that they had planned for more eps because if this was the case, they would have started this drama along side other dramas at begining of spring season. the fact that it started few weeks later than others, it proves they did not plan a usual 10-11 eps drama from the start. it had to finish by end of the season anyway.

not bad rating too. actually, high rating comparing with other dramas of this season. i was one of people that did not like ,r Brain much till ep4. but ep by ep i started liking it more and i though kimutaku was very good in there even though i am not his fan. over all, have to say it was very fun drama to watch.

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 16th, '09, 16:59

I enjoyed episode 5 & 6 the most. Nakama Yukie impressed me with her acting in there. :thumleft: really creeped me out.

She has such a cool voice too.

Ahh, that means only 2 more episodes to go for me.

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 22nd, '09, 17:49

So I finished the series last night. There were some pretty good episodes and I found it to be a likable series overall, but definitely not great. It felt a bit disjointed and I think they relied too much on guest appearances rather than a good flowing story to keep the ratings up.

I was pretty disappointed with the way the last two episodes ended the series. It felt like the first episode and the last few episodes went together, and everything in between was just filler.

It seems to me like the ending was a setup for a SP or movie (hopefully).
They need to wrap things up with Takei and there is still some big thing looming with Tsukumo's brain.
Also, am I the only one who found Hayashida to be really annoying (and that haircut looked ridiculous)?

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 22nd, '09, 22:29

LOL my first kimura takuya film~ just started watching it and i fell in love with him within the first ten minutes already XD that guy has got some serious skills

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 23rd, '09, 00:01

OnlyXainz wrote:LOL my first kimura takuya film~ just started watching it and i fell in love with him within the first ten minutes already XD that guy has got some serious skills
Not that Mr. Brain is bad, but if you find that you like him, I'd suggest a few others over this one. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you "must" watch Long Vacation, but I think Pride and Hero are much better series and would highly recommend both.

OnlyXainz

Post by OnlyXainz » Jul 24th, '09, 05:20

^ahah i'm looking forward to them XD i just hope his laugh in this drama was purely for this drama @_@;

finished it today wahaha >:D what happened to his brain problem? :o but the mag was rly cute x3

mirmocomell

Post by mirmocomell » Jul 24th, '09, 06:30

mii-t : it's not just you...i also found rinda character is a bit annoying....i really love mizushima hiro :D

but i found the character 's not suit him well....hurm...or maybe it's just me..? :?

one thing for sure, he' best in ikemen series...:D

overall, i like the drama very much..hehehe...and the brain study itself....neuroscience,hurm....shud try.. :)

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 24th, '09, 06:40

Kathstandsalone wrote:I enjoyed episode 5 & 6 the most. Nakama Yukie impressed me with her acting in there. :thumleft: really creeped me out.
She got fat.
mii-t wrote:Not that Mr. Brain is bad, but if you find that you like him, I'd suggest a few others over this one. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you "must" watch Long Vacation, but I think Pride and Hero are much better series and would highly recommend both.
Hero is ok but not that great (or are you talking about the special?). Pride has too much cheap sentimentalism. My advice would be "long vacation", "good luck" and "beautiful life".

avoid Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi and saiyuuki at all cost... :mrgreen:

kellyhsu

Post by kellyhsu » Jul 27th, '09, 02:18

20centuryboy wrote:
Kathstandsalone wrote:I enjoyed episode 5 & 6 the most. Nakama Yukie impressed me with her acting in there. :thumleft: really creeped me out.
She got fat.
mii-t wrote:Not that Mr. Brain is bad, but if you find that you like him, I'd suggest a few others over this one. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you "must" watch Long Vacation, but I think Pride and Hero are much better series and would highly recommend both.
Hero is ok but not that great (or are you talking about the special?). Pride has too much cheap sentimentalism. My advice would be "long vacation", "good luck" and "beautiful life".

avoid Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi and saiyuuki at all cost... :mrgreen:
partly agreed. I'm not that into Pride either. :-(
And Good Luck is pretty entertaining show. "long vacation" is a must-see."beautiful life"? hmm, I've not watched it yet,so....
well, I actually think "Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi" is a okay show, not bad at all. :-)

fleng

Post by fleng » Jul 27th, '09, 07:48

lol Katori Shingo in the last episode :) .

All in all a good dorama, quirky, funny, intuitive.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 29th, '09, 10:10

mii-t wrote:
OnlyXainz wrote:LOL my first kimura takuya film~ just started watching it and i fell in love with him within the first ten minutes already XD that guy has got some serious skills
Not that Mr. Brain is bad, but if you find that you like him, I'd suggest a few others over this one. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you "must" watch Long Vacation, but I think Pride and Hero are much better series and would highly recommend both.
I haven't watched Mr Brain, although it is on my Must Watch list. Of the series put out, haha, I have a slightly different view. My must watch is Long Vacation, Pride is very very good, and I haven't rewatched Hero.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 29th, '09, 23:09

Just done watching the last episode of the show.

I have to say it was a most grueling effort and I come out of this believing that this Mister Brain has got to be the most expensive crap in the history of J TV.
This may sound mean but that's how disappointing it was to see the best actors and the best production budget be completely squandered on half-baked plots and spammy storylines.

What a waste of talent and money.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 1st, '09, 08:25

I just finished it and thought it was pretty entertaining. I would've liked if they expanded on Tsukumo's condition a bit more.
Here's to hoping for a movie or a special to tie up that last part with Takei. :whistling:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Aug 5th, '09, 02:50

I think I was disappointed that they never really expanded on KimuTaku's character. You see him doing things, but they never gave him definition, leaving him pretty much an one trick pony, and not very memorable

horent135

Post by horent135 » Aug 5th, '09, 14:02

Got a question on the EP1. On the first part of EP1, where the guy was dressed in all white look like he works at the club. And he helps the girl out with her heels. What does that have to do anything with the story??

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Aug 5th, '09, 20:41

horent135 wrote:Got a question on the EP1. On the first part of EP1, where the guy was dressed in all white look like he works at the club. And he helps the girl out with her heels. What does that have to do anything with the story??
Just to show how his life was before the accident that made him a genius. And, a lame way to throw in Ryoko Hirosue.

I'm still hoping for a second season, SP, or movie that fills all the gaping holes in the plot - perhaps his past life as a host will be something that gets addressed later.

marriedtomisaki

Post by marriedtomisaki » Aug 5th, '09, 20:49

Pride is awesome because Hockey is awesome.

garcon

Post by garcon » Aug 6th, '09, 11:59

i like this drama..
currently hunting on takuya kimura dramas...im starting on change

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Aug 6th, '09, 12:55

I soooo love Mr. Brain, those out of the blue reactions of Tsukumo-san is just sooo damn cute. I love the part when they bribe Tsukumo-san with banana, like whose the real monkey? Ayase or Tsukumo? (lol)~... and Shingo at the end of the series? OMG it's soooo him! I'm really crossing my fingers that Kimura-san will do a follow-up or SP for Mr. Brain, 'coz I read a chinese newspaper saying that he thought the ending was a cliffhanger and it'll be a pity to see it end just like that. :D

hi garcon! OMG! Ur watching Change right now? I just re-watched the series 'coz it's been a year since I watched it. Noticed something in the end though. I was so amazed with this series that I thought it should be shown in every country. Though the plot is a bit impossible in the real world, it's just something to inspire the politicians to remind themselves on what was their purpose when they fiI rst entered politics. (SORRY OUT OF TOPIC)

Pride is a good dorama for me, it's just that the HALU character is just over sensitive and too much headstrong, in short there's just too much Pride in him. hahaha... But I like him, Halu. He's just a kid inside trying to find someone to REALLY CARE for him. (SORRY OUT OF TOPIC)

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Aug 8th, '09, 17:39

Heeeeee owari da yo nee :(
I like this drama, I hope there will be season 1-2-3 and so on wehehehehe
Takuya Kimura seems older but still love him ^^ he was the ichiban ikemen nihonjin :D
so sad that it just 8 episode, I want MOREEEEE XD

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 8th, '09, 22:23

Thanks for the subtitles but lol, this drama was **** horrible :D

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Aug 9th, '09, 01:44

I'm lliking this show it's funny :P the way the all the other actors are all bad and mentally (cookoo) so to speak) but i like none the less

I must say how they put hiro to act is interesting i didin't know he can do comdey :whistling: but the best episode for me with him likereally fuinny was 6 hehe :P

almost done to bad it only has 8 episodes :cry:

XiangYun

Post by XiangYun » Aug 19th, '09, 00:28

Just watched the Ep. 8 finale. Huge thanks to Timeless for subbing this, and extra big kisses for releasing an SD version that my shitty laptop can cope with.

I really liked this show. It's confirmed me as a kimutaku convert. I thought it balanced out the mystery, action, comedy and drama elements perfectly.

Great to see Mizushima Hiro playing a comedic second banana (cough) role and doing it really well. If this show had one problem it was the lack of resolution between Tsukumo and Yuri.

But to balance that out, the real joy of the show was the relationship between Tsukumo and Tanbara: that alone makes me hold out hope for a special.

(PS that was Katori Shingo as the hijacker? Shouldn't he be in his Koban?!)

XiangYun

Post by XiangYun » Aug 19th, '09, 00:29

Just watched the Ep. 8 finale. Huge thanks to Timeless for subbing this, and extra big kisses for releasing an SD version that my shitty laptop can cope with.

I really liked this show. It's confirmed me as a kimutaku convert. I thought it balanced out the mystery, action, comedy and drama elements perfectly.

Great to see Mizushima Hiro playing a comedic second banana (cough) role and doing it really well. If this show had one problem it was the lack of resolution between Tsukumo and Yuri.

But to balance that out, the real joy of the show was the relationship between Tsukumo and Tanbara: that alone makes me hold out hope for a special.

(PS that was Katori Shingo as the hijacker? Shouldn't he be in his Koban?!) :salut:

arrow1234

Post by arrow1234 » Aug 20th, '09, 21:17

bump for mr brain OST too, love all the background music
I WAN IT SO BAD !!!!!!!!!!!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 21st, '09, 00:33

XiangYun wrote:
(PS that was Katori Shingo as the hijacker? Shouldn't he be in his Koban?!) :salut:
MR. BRAIN finished in Jul-11, and Kochikame started in Aug-01:P... so Katori probably went to his Koban after that crazy-scene :D

garcon

Post by garcon » Aug 21st, '09, 05:02

there will be an sp..just wait guys!

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 21st, '09, 17:48

We loved this series. Thanks TimeleSub for doing this -- and very quickly, I might add. :D

I have a question tough. Among the subbed "stuff" pertaining to Mr. Brain is the promo done by Kimura Takuya and Kamenashi Kazuya. We've been watching jdramas for a while but we haven't been assimilated into the whole Japanese celebrity sub-culture. This leads me to ask this question: What's the big deal about the two of them acting together in an episode of Mr. Brain? Is this like the De Niro-Hoffman face off in Sleepers? We know they're both Johnny's talents (senior and junior), is it something more than that? I'm just curious. :scratch:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 21st, '09, 18:22

tunix_2008 wrote:We loved this series. Thanks TimeleSub for doing this -- and very quickly, I might add. :D

I have a question tough. Among the subbed "stuff" pertaining to Mr. Brain is the promo done by Kimura Takuya and Kamenashi Kazuya. We've been watching jdramas for a while but we haven't been assimilated into the whole Japanese celebrity sub-culture. This leads me to ask this question: What's the big deal about the two of them acting together in an episode of Mr. Brain? Is this like the De Niro-Hoffman face off in Sleepers? We know they're both Johnny's talents (senior and junior), is it something more than that? I'm just curious. :scratch:
Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal but Johnny seemed to want to make it a big deal. (I won't go into detail but it definitely caused resentment among fans of other Johnnys and maybe some Kimura fans) Kimura acted with his junior before but those juniors were not as famous as Kame, who has acted as a lead in dramas.

And NO, this is absolutely noting like De Niro - Hoffman. I like some of Kame's works and I think his acting is fine but the differences in popularity, name recognition, and ability between Kimura and Kame are much much wider than between De Niro and Hoffman. This was one of the reasons behind the resentment among fans I mentioned.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 22nd, '09, 08:23

nnnc wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal but Johnny seemed to want to make it a big deal. (I won't go into detail but it definitely caused resentment among fans of other Johnnys and maybe some Kimura fans) Kimura acted with his junior before but those juniors were not as famous as Kame, who has acted as a lead in dramas.

And NO, this is absolutely noting like De Niro - Hoffman. I like some of Kame's works and I think his acting is fine but the differences in popularity, name recognition, and ability between Kimura and Kame are much much wider than between De Niro and Hoffman. This was one of the reasons behind the resentment among fans I mentioned.
Oh. I thought it was something like that because we didn’t really see anything special about Kamenashi Kazuya’s performance. Maybe it’s more like a Madonna-Britney popularity stunt.

Actually if we’re going to judge by the guest stars’ performances who’s worthy to do a promo with Kimura Takuya, our vote will be for Nakama Yukie. She gave the best guest star performance in the entire series. It also helped that the role was so complicated. Of course I’ve seen western actors tackle the multiple personality disorder issue much better than Nakama Yukie did but her performance moved us enough to pity the character and comfort ourselves with the thought that a jury, out of compassion, will be lenient on the character. (I understand that the jury system will be implemented in Japan this year?)

As the lead of the series, Kimura Takuya is very good. We weren’t so impressed with Ayase Haruka’s performance – she didn’t deliver the innocent-but-gifted (I assume you have to be gifted to get into IPS) assistant/lab rat role very well. She had a lot of screen time but her performance was just not memorable. Maybe Ueno Juri would’ve done better (after seeing Nodame).

Another break out performance is Mizushima Hiro as the bumbling detective’s assistant Hayashida. We were playing the game Hiro’s-solving-the-case-to-save/convict-his ______.
In episode 3, “fiancée” in Zettai Kareshi;
in episode 4 “brother” in Meichan no Shitsuji;
in episode 5&6 “teacher” in Gokusen 2;
in episode 7&8 “uncle and school doctor” in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.

The myth that there’s only one hundred working actors in the jdrama industry must be true after all. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 22nd, '09, 09:27

tunix wrote:Another break out performance is Mizushima Hiro as the bumbling detective’s assistant Hayashida. We were playing the game Hiro’s-solving-the-case-to-save/convict-his ______.
In episode 3, “fiancée” in Zettai Kareshi;
in episode 4 “brother” in Meichan no Shitsuji;
in episode 5&6 “teacher” in Gokusen 2;
in episode 7&8 “uncle and school doctor” in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.
Very true. i too noticed this order in relation to hiro characters in other dramas.
i think that Yuki Nakame was the best guest star in portraying her characterand she did it in a best way. very believeable and natural.
i also liked Sato Takeru's character and i thought he was very good.

awesomesauce

Post by awesomesauce » Aug 23rd, '09, 21:45

I finished Mr. Brain yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The stories were great but my personal favourite was the one with Kanako and her "multiple personalities disorder". That particular episode was so sad. :cry:
I literally gasped when Hayashida was in the room when that bomb exploded (ep 7-8 ) I felt like throwing my fist at the laptop. Thank god he didn't die! :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Aug 26th, '09, 16:16

So sad that it had to end :cry: but hey I hope it will have a SP :P
but the ending was funny :D :whistling: That man was something else lolololololol

motd

Post by motd » Sep 6th, '09, 06:56

I just watched episode 3 and found it rather moving.

It was a surprise given that the first 2 episodes were a bit more flippant.

I'd like Ayase to have a bigger role though.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Sep 9th, '09, 10:13

why can't i post

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 9th, '09, 16:27

just done downloading this. ill watch them soon!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 9th, '09, 22:01

Man the begin was FUNNY :rofl: :lol :lol the very begin of the epiosde :w00t: :rofl:

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Sep 10th, '09, 17:07

cho-ri-su. The janitor's line 3* in the last episode.

Nice show, but that pretty boy detective was really getting on my nerves with his overacting and crappy character. Even though he did get bonus points twice in the last ep for saving the day.
I guess ikemen are impervious to bomb explosions. No fire burns to the face, no damage to the hair, But wait a casket around the leg! He did have some awesome slapstick skills though. This one time he almost fell of a stair, i was geniunely worried that he would really slip.

Surprised that there is no love progress though. Maybe something for the sp.

hafizadam

Post by hafizadam » Sep 10th, '09, 17:58

Surprised that there is no love progress though. Maybe something for the sp.
same as Galileo.

it's good once in a while.

=)

motd

Post by motd » Sep 11th, '09, 17:15

At the last episode, Mr Brain's assistant was crying because he was leaving for America, then Mr Brain leaned towards her and whispered something, and she was happy again.
What is it that he whispered?

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Sep 11th, '09, 18:58

motd wrote:
At the last episode, Mr Brain's assistant was crying because he was leaving for America, then Mr Brain leaned towards her and whispered something, and she was happy again.
Kimura said in his radio show that it was adlib and nobody but him and Ayase knew. :lol He said "I'll wait for you in America". By the way, Kimura asked his listeners not to post about it on the Internet or he wouldn't talk about behind the scene secrets of his drama again. But since I don't think he meant to say that to non-Japanese fans anyway, I guess it's safe to post it here :mrgreen:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 12th, '09, 15:04

nnnc wrote:
motd wrote:
Kimura said in his radio show that it was adlib and nobody but him and Ayase knew. :lol He said "I'll wait for you in America". By the way, Kimura asked his listeners not to post about it on the Internet or he wouldn't talk about behind the scene secrets of his drama again. But since I don't think he meant to say that to non-Japanese fans anyway, I guess it's safe to post it here :mrgreen:
wait is this true :sweat: ???
But its funny :P :lol :P :lol

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Sep 13th, '09, 05:42

misuzana wrote: wait is this true :sweat: ???
Yep. He talked about it in his radio show "What's Up SMAP" on July 17th. (first 3 minutes) :lol

motd

Post by motd » Sep 14th, '09, 15:59

nnnc wrote:
motd wrote:
Thank you!

It's cool of the crew to allow ad lib performances :)

And also very cool of Ayase to play along. Now I know that her astonishment in that scene is for real.

hehe

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 15th, '09, 18:26

nnnc wrote:
misuzana wrote: wait is this true :sweat: ???
Yep. He talked about it in his radio show "What's Up SMAP" on July 17th. (first 3 minutes) :lol
Oh kool
thankz :cheers:

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 16th, '09, 18:47

nnnc wrote:
motd wrote:
Cool! I had been wondering about it.

Thanks for sharing. :lol

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 16th, '09, 20:47

Question did they say anything about a SP or something else for this ????

Feasible

Post by Feasible » Sep 17th, '09, 03:41

Awesome drama. Highly recommended. KT and celebrities show!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 17th, '09, 05:11

misuzana wrote:Question did they say anything about a SP or something else for this ????
As far as I know, there is nothing about that yet!

cuatro

Post by cuatro » Sep 19th, '09, 12:51

do anyone know where i can download this on rapidshare any links? coz all i can searched is HD versions that 2gb an episode thats too big for me thx

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 19th, '09, 14:30

MisS Lonliah wrote:
misuzana wrote:Question did they say anything about a SP or something else for this ????
As far as I know, there is nothing about that yet!
Oh ok then thankz :D

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Jun 4th, '11, 09:01

Overall I enjoyed this drama - I guess I don't worry too much about the "plot holes" because I don't know the Japanese justice system, and I know that even with the best translators on earth, some things just aren't going to come across 100%. Not a huge KimuTaku fan, but he is fun to watch.

Two things -

First, did having Van Halen's "Jump" as the song during the credits seem incredibly weird to anyone else?? Maybe it's just because I'm old enough to remember when the song was new, but every time it started playing I got a mental image of David Lee Roth jumping around (O_o) which did not go with the drama at all.

Second, did anyone else notice that
underneath his suit, Tsukumo is ALWAYS wearing his pajamas?
I guess that's just part of his character's oddness. :lol