[Discussion] Koishite Akuma ~ Starring Nakayama Yuma

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Do you agree this drama is a Twilight copycat?

YES
20%
NO
80%

Total votes: 79

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 8th, '09, 14:19

Finally... I have just watched the final episode....(episode 10)
It was a bad ending, just like what Matchy said "sugi no mangetsu chii o sunakereba, chiri natte kieru" and he just become dust and gone :cry:
But....
YAY!!! My dreams come trueeeeee~ :cheers:
There is a kissing scene there !!!!
They are kissing lalalala~ :lol
Otsukareee Yuma & Rosa!

babu1980

Post by babu1980 » Sep 9th, '09, 03:12

Aikawa Ringo wrote:Finally... I have just watched the final episode....(episode 10)
It was a bad ending, just like what Matchy said "sugi no mangetsu chii o sunakereba, chiri natte kieru" and he just become dust and gone :cry:
But....
Otsukareee Yuma & Rosa!
Well, I guess there is something to look forward to.....Ay...I just think that they shouldn't have it end like that.
What is Makoto going to do now? :cry: She had to watch Ayumu/Ruka die again! I would have been much happier if they didn't make the fiance such a jerk. At least, she would still have him. Can she still teach after she offended the vice principal? I know that this series wouldn't have a good ending considering they kept bringing up Romeo and Juliet, but I was constantly hoping for a miracle. Ay....I'm not sure if I can watch that last episode.

ncneo

Post by ncneo » Sep 9th, '09, 04:08

Aikawa Ringo wrote:Finally... I have just watched the final episode....(episode 10)
But....
Otsukareee Yuma & Rosa!
Well, not really surprising end but I was hoping that the story writer won't not go with the ending since from Ep1, my speculation was like off.
the clue in EP9 like ayumu personality and his decision , romeo & juliet in the story + the ending theme have me thinking is he really going ahead with his decision. I'll take a box of tissue with me then...thanks for the warning thru
I'll watch it later when I finish work
:lol

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 9th, '09, 17:34

Hmm...
ncneo wrote:
What is Makoto going to do now? :cry: She had to watch Ayumu/Ruka die again! I would have been much happier if they didn't make the fiance such a jerk. At least, she would still have him. Can she still teach after she offended the vice principal? I know that this series wouldn't have a good ending considering they kept bringing up Romeo and Juliet, but I was constantly hoping for a miracle. Ay....I'm not sure if I can watch that last episode.
I'm agree with you, It's a bad ending, It's just... what kind of pain did Makoto got, seeing her lover died twice :cry: But At the end, it looks like the Vice (Fujii) starting to get her attention after Ruka's gone... (but If i was makoto, I wont!! After the "Slap"s Scene on the Church, its was abuse harssment!!)

Maybe that is the best ending for them, you know, if makes romantic vampire drama with happy ending, many people will wishing to be blood-sucked Lol :D

Then She just walking with more confidence and brave heart after he's gone.... again? hehehe :roll
Here the Kissing Scene kyaaa~ (dont click it if u dont want to see it haha..:D

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Sep 11th, '09, 05:08

Well dang, was I the only one who liked the ending? It was sad, but well done.

quiltedquickerpickerupper

Post by quiltedquickerpickerupper » Sep 11th, '09, 05:28

I was pretty shocked to see Yuma have a kissing scene! isn't he only 16? Rosa is cradle robbing... just kidding. I knew it was going to be a sad ending, but I cried anyways. I liked the Yuma and Kento moment too!

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Sep 11th, '09, 17:56

SHOOT I SHOULDNT READ THIS..

Havent caught up with the episodes...

@quiltedquickerpickerup
Majou no Joken watch it is more towards that kind of theme where a younger boy falls in love with his teacher. Or atleast its not the first drama like that.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 12th, '09, 15:07

quiltedquickerpickerupper wrote:I was pretty shocked to see Yuma have a kissing scene! isn't he only 16? Rosa is cradle robbing... just kidding. I knew it was going to be a sad ending, but I cried anyways. I liked the Yuma and Kento moment too!
Yuma is only 15 and Rosa 24th hehehe,
"Majo no Jouken"(1999) Takky was 17th and Nanako was 26th
"Nanako to Nanao"(2004), Chinen was 10th and Aoi Yu was 19th
And another new dorama "Ohitorisama"(2009), Teppei Koike is 23th and Mizuki is 32th
Many dorama about older women, I like it :P
SnowApple wrote:Well dang, was I the only one who liked the ending? It was sad, but well done.

No you wasn't the only one because I love the ending too, just like what you say, It's well done :)
Karate-ka wrote:SHOOT I SHOULDNT READ THIS..

Havent caught up with the episodes...
LoL... I dont do any spoils about the ending, already hide it, but I spoil about the kissing scene ahahaha :lol

But there's something I dont understand here...
Kuromiya cannot took picture, because he was vampaia, invincible right? WHy they can have the video? LoL :w00t: Maa, ii ka~:lol

ssih

Post by ssih » Sep 13th, '09, 16:31

Could someone 'splain something to me?

Finale spoiler...
At the end, is everyone's memory wiped of Kuromiya? I was shocked to see that Makoto was still teaching, even though the Chairman and Vice Chairman were ready to burn her at the stake. And Handa seemed confused about why he was going to the wrong seat.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 13th, '09, 17:25

ssih wrote:Could someone 'splain something to me?

Finale spoiler...
At the end, is everyone's memory wiped of Kuromiya? I was shocked to see that Makoto was still teaching, even though the Chairman and Vice Chairman were ready to burn her at the stake. And Handa seemed confused about why he was going to the wrong seat.
Yeah, I think the same way too...
just like what matchy said back then on Ep 3 minutes 5
"hito wa muri naru koto, omae wa sonzai suranakatta koto ni naru"
"death means become nothing, it will be as if u never existed...":cry:
but I think Makoto & Shota didnt forgot Kuromiya :)
they make us decide our own version I think :P

ssih

Post by ssih » Sep 13th, '09, 19:36

Aikawa Ringo wrote:
"death means become nothing, it will be as if u never existed
Oooh! Good memory. That makes a lot of sense and would explain everything.

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 14th, '09, 10:39

I expected this ending all along.
It did make me sad that he disappeared but I was satisfied in the end. I felt that the meaning of the story was to make Makoto remember her old true love & the motivation it gave her. Not to stay forever with him. Even Ruka realized that living forever stuck in the past won't do you any good. :P
Anyway, it does seem that she & Shota are the only ones who remember. Maybe because they didn't want to forget.
Overall it was a drama I really enjoyed. The story kept me till the end.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 28th, '09, 10:38

ssih wrote:
Aikawa Ringo wrote:
"death means become nothing, it will be as if u never existed
Oooh! Good memory. That makes a lot of sense and would explain everything.
yah that sentence had a lot of meanings
the end was predictable because Ruka's character was saying so during the last few episodes.. but I really liked the pace of this drama and how they didn't drag anything... It left a message that says "because your life has an end, u need to work hard" .. and for vampires: "suck your woman's blood, otherwise you're going to disappear and she's going to forget about you" :P
Yuma-kun otsukaresama deshita :-)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 29th, '09, 05:36

Aikawa Ringo wrote:
Kuromiya cannot took picture, because he was vampaia, invincible right? WHy they can have the video? LoL :w00t: Maa, ii ka~:lol
wow smart note :mrgreen:
hmmm here is a stupid guess: because the video cam works differently than the digital cam :P

but who shot that clip and how/when, anyway? :scratch:

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Sep 30th, '09, 14:09

MisS Lonliah wrote:
hmmm here is a stupid guess: because the video cam works differently than the digital cam :P

I think That was Matchy's works... He makes Kuromiya being hated by people so he will thinks that human was a rude mankind and starting to hate human so he can suck their blood(treat them like a food) and have no choice except suck Makoto's blood to be eternally...
It didnt means that Matchy is a bad person, he just want Ruka alive so he wants Ruka to suck's blood no matter what, even to told Makoto that he need her blood to be alive and make him to be called "Bakemono" / monster... 8)

But even he was being hated by all people, he still suroundded by good people like shota's mother, shota's grandfather, Shota and Makoto, so he still didnt want to suck Makoto's blood, he believe in human, and ended up he can makes people believe in him..

At the end Matchy have been understood what's Ruka means (he said it earlier to Matchy "living eternally like you (Matchy) are u happy?" *he said it at last episode*, so he didnt against him anymore...
Matchy said at last episode that 400 years ago he was a human? *CMIIW* :O and 10 years ago when he meet Ruka, he thinks finally find a friend to be live eternally together, but in the end he turns into dust... :cry:

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Oct 4th, '09, 03:13

This was enjoyable and it was pretty well timed what to expect as the ending.
I had thought as much by the opening when he was smiling while running towards the end of the tunnel, hood off.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 6th, '09, 05:10

@Aikawa Ringo: thanks :D your explanation makes a lot of sense !

lilmonk108

Post by lilmonk108 » Oct 9th, '09, 15:23

still no english subs??

Lewshu

Post by Lewshu » Oct 9th, '09, 15:52

I loved this drama!! It is definitely not a twilight copycat.
I just didn't like it at the end!! Why couldn't he just drink her blood and live together forever????? uugghhh, but it is still good!!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 9th, '09, 17:30

lilmonk108 wrote:still no english subs??
the hardsubs were out long time ago -- thanks to [TimeLesSub]
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... lish&sort=

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Oct 22nd, '09, 07:01

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Aikawa Ringo wrote:

haha.. i just noticed that after i watched the series.. LOL..

and.. at the end.. i guess, everyone forgot about him excepr for Shouta & Makoto :-)
i cried so hard in this drama.. but, i guess.. that was a good ending! :P
i mean..
if Makoto was sucked and they both became Vampire.. it might be a happy ending but not a good ending for me
and.. this drama really made me fall for Nakayama Yuma... :wub:

Otsukaresama to all of the cast esp. Kato Rosa & Nakayama Yuma~
they're such a cute couple too! :D

Olimp_Tenshi

Post by Olimp_Tenshi » Oct 22nd, '09, 18:35

I really enjoyed this drama. Although the ending was sad ( and i cried my eyes out :lol ) I don't think I would've preferred a happy ending. I really like Nakayama Yuma :wub: especially after his role in Koishite Akuma.

About the Twilight resemblance: I don't think the two of them have anything in common

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 22nd, '09, 18:41

nice drama

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Oct 28th, '09, 14:13

No, it's not a Twilight copycat. There are resemblances in it, but it's a different kind of story.

I wasn't so sure about the drama at first. The whole Vampire thing kinda turned me off after Twilight practically killed it for me. Don't get me wrong, I liked Twilight, way back when I was stupid enough to believe that forever was enough. The ending of Twilight pisses me off so bad that I lose faith in Vampire/Forbidden Love related series/movie, etc. Still for some reason, I was intrigued by the idea of this young Vampire and his past, present and future that was put into a sudden stop when he was sired.

The first episode was a little slow for me, but it was a good kind of slow, it sort of give you the time and dynamic to allow yourself to learn about the characters and start guessing and find yourself either too interested and you decided to continue or well, the exact opposite. I was glad that I ended up watching the drama until the very end. It was worth my time and it had changed my opinion about any future Vampire related movies/dramas etc, take your pick.

I can't help but wanting to like Kuromiya. Even when he was being hateful, he could still channel that feeling that allows people to find themselves drawn to him. I must say, Nakayama Yuma did a wonderful job. I mean, I watched the Twilight movie and the entire time, I was thinking; "Why the hell did I waste that ten bucks on the movie?" I gotta say, perhaps Edward could use a lesson or two in tortured feelings from Kuromiya because at fifteen years of age, Nakayama Yuma could really carry that role so well that I couldn't help but cry with him when he does (No, I didn't cry when Edward looked almost at tears, I was scoffing really...)

Kato Rosa, I must say, I haven't watched that much JDrama to actually know who she is, but, I couldn't help but liked her from the very beginning. She is a strong person on her own, yet not strong enough as she couldn't let go of her very first love. It was really heart-breaking watching her looking at Kuromiya with that sad look in her eyes. How she was still in love with the same person after all those years and how she still could remember every bit of details about him. I was practically crushed whenever I saw a sad scene involving Kato Rosa... I cried like a baby really.

Overall, I think, despite the rating, the drama could really touch people's heart. It was something to me. The fact that Kuromiya loved Makoto so much that he wouldn't allow her to give up her life makes me love the show more. In some ways, he was being selfish. Well, in my opinion that is. Why is that? Well, he refused to allow the one person he had loved more than life itself to change the way he did. He wanted her to remain constant as she age... In the same time, he was being selfless... He wanted her to taste happiness, even without him by her side, he wanted her to be truly happy.

I'm gonna watch the drama again when I find a bit of free time, I just gotta make sure I have loads of tissue with me, I would most probably bawl my eyes out again... I am pathetic, that's a fact. The drama though, even if it wasn't what you call "great", I still think that it was "something", something that worth to watch.

beanybeans

Post by beanybeans » Oct 29th, '09, 01:49

It's a great series. Though i got caught up in another series and kind of ended up putting up this series to the side. Finally finished it though. Nakayama Yuma did pretty well as the lead. I totally dig his deep voice too. :-)

I'm kind of confused about what he exactly did for 10 years. How come it took that long for him to get to the point where he had to suck human blood for the first time? I kind of figured that once you're a vampire, you have to go out and suck blood pretty soon in order to survive. Maybe i missed that explanation for this particular series.

gokceada

amazing

Post by gokceada » Mar 21st, '10, 19:56

:hissy: :hissy: I really enjoyed watching this drama, iburst into tears several times, after the kdrama wonderful life i havent cried over this much,
it was really amazing :hissy: :hissy:

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Mar 21st, '10, 23:09

i really really loved this drama :wub:
just a question
did makoto really remember him? :blink i mean i know shota remembered him from the way he looked at the picture, but when the teacher dude asked out makoto, didn't she just smile and looked like she was planning on saying yes? does this mean that she forgot about ruka or that she forgives him? im totally lost :unsure:

gokceada

Eternal love

Post by gokceada » Mar 21st, '10, 23:40

Ofcourse she remembers him, thats why she refused the dinner date. Anyway i am still ready to cry, How could a fiction drama make us feel this sad,Its totally amazing. Oh no i am crying again now.... :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Apr 9th, '10, 03:49

Just finished watching this. I didn't expect to like most of it from the synopsis but 80% of was actually pretty good. Personally though I hate the ending & think some explanation as to what he did for 10 years would have been good. That's what lets this series down in my view.

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Sep 28th, '10, 23:53

this drama was aired about a year ago, but i just watched it recently.
this one is definitely one of my favorite dramas ^^
i like the plot, the main characters, and i think Nakayama Yuma did a really good job in portraying Ruka, especially in later episodes.
honestly i didn't think i'll love this series when i started to download it for the first time. i didn't like its pink banner with the sparkling writing, with heart and stars -_-
but like it was said, "don't judge the book by its cover" i found the story is quite interesting at first, and i more and more like it as the story goes :D
well, my most favorite scene in this series is in ep. 6:
where Ruka played piano while crying, it's such a heartbreaking scene for me. i can feel his sadness, and it made me wanted to cry too
and my most favorite line is in the finale:
when Makoto said that it's very cruel that they must be separated twice, but Ruka said, "No, we're together twice" while smiling
overall, i really love this drama. i don't care though its rating wasn't very good. i think good rating doesn't reflect good drama.
i'm glad i found this series and watched it 'til the end ^^