[Discussion] Gakeppuchi no Hero / Buzzer Beat (Yamapi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
matyaa

Post by matyaa » Aug 25th, '09, 09:48

Sorry guys but I have a practical question ^^
Some of you said that they "watched ep 07" or even "re-watched the scene of ep 07"...

But where did you get ep 07 ? c_c
I can't find it on d-addict yet, and i thought it was normal but then... you made me doubt XD

Thank you in advance for your answer ^^

sakura_leaves

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 25th, '09, 11:12

matyaa wrote:Sorry guys but I have a practical question ^^
Some of you said that they "watched ep 07" or even "re-watched the scene of ep 07"...

I can't find it on d-addict yet, and i thought it was normal but then... you made me doubt XD

You could look it up on either Youtube or Veoh at http://www.veoh.com/users/masato-ee
She usually uploads the episode within 24 hours of its release which for me is Monday at around 9pmish.

But Masato-ee is a much higher and better quality and it's always the complete Raw episode the only minor thing is that if you don't have the VEOH plugins downloaded you'll only see a 5 minute preview.

sakura_leaves

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 25th, '09, 11:21

By the way can anyone tell me what the heck Riko yells out from her window, it was the only part of the episode my poor japanese cannot translate properly >_<

jujube

Post by jujube » Aug 25th, '09, 11:31

i couldn't make it out either, but from reading synopsis on the official website:
she doesn't want to see naoki again or be friends with him
well, that's what i could make out of it.

they gave the synopsis for 8th ep on official website. the only thing i could make out was:
natsuki suspects yoyogi is having a fling with shion. natsuki also tries to lure riko by inviting her to lunch/dinner. naoki and riko admit their feelings to each other (well, that's what the kiss at the end of ep 7 was implying, right?). kawasaki-san returns from boston and happens to pass by (dunno if it's when naoki's at the apartment...)
sorry, i just got too excited.

sakura_leaves

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 25th, '09, 13:39

jujube wrote:i couldn't make it out either, but from reading synopsis on the official website:

they gave the synopsis for 8th ep on official website. the only thing i could make out was:
natsuki suspects yoyogi is having a fling with shion. natsuki also tries to lure riko by inviting her to lunch/dinner. naoki and riko admit their feelings to each other (well, that's what the kiss at the end of ep 7 was implying, right?). kawasaki-san returns from boston and happens to pass by (dunno if it's when naoki's at the apartment...)
Oh lord i don't think i can hold out until monday! i already see myself watching this episode over and over and over just to try to feed my appetite! LOL

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 25th, '09, 13:41

sakura_leaves wrote:
jujube wrote:i couldn't make it out either, but from reading synopsis on the official website:

Oh lord i don't think i can hold out until monday! i already see myself watching this episode over and over and over just to try to feed my appetite! LOL
Don't feel bad. I've watched it three times already raw. And I don't even want to tell you how many times I've watched that final scene. :|

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 25th, '09, 13:47

matyaa wrote:Sorry guys but I have a practical question ^^

u can download it on clubbox too
but its in korean language
i better wait here patiently

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 25th, '09, 14:15

About the window scene.... I'm an absolute beginner so this could be terribly wrong but that's how i understood it:
She says she won't want to kiss him again, won't ... (something about pointing her finger), won't be too pushy (なれなれしく) won't get her hopes up, won't come closer than a 5 meter distance so she he shouln't say that they better not meet anymore. Then he comes running and when he enters her flat she says something like 'no, that's much closer than 5 meters'
What do you guys think? Could it be something like this?
and for the next ep.
couldn't see the preview but the HP says something about Naoki and Riko vowing to keep their distance until the coach is back and they had a proper talk and sth about Shion and Yoyogi and Natsuki finding out. But my reading skills are worse than listening...

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 25th, '09, 15:11

arakira wrote:About the window scene.... I'm an absolute beginner so this could be terribly wrong but that's how i understood it:
She says she won't want to kiss him again, won't ... (something about pointing her finger), won't be too pushy (なれなれしく) won't get her hopes up, won't come closer than a 5 meter distance so she he shouln't say that they better not meet anymore. Then he comes running and when he enters her flat she says something like 'no, that's much closer than 5 meters'
What do you guys think? Could it be something like this?
Someone gave a very detailed summary of the episode on Crunchyroll and that's what they said too ^^
I myself only got the
I won't kiss you again, something about 5 metres...... so please don't say we can't see each other anymore, so thanks a lot for adding up to that, and for the synopsis for next week too!!
And for those who asked where to download the episode, you can try this too, every week they get the RAW posted really fast.
nagikokiyohara wrote: Don't feel bad. I've watched it three times already raw. And I don't even want to tell you how many times I've watched that final scene. :|
LOL.... same here.

I'm not so sure I want episode 8 to be here so soon though...
I don't exactly look forward to what's to come, things can only be expected to go wrong before they go right again, there's still four episodes left after all. And yeah, Natsuki asking Naoki to don't go looking all teary-eyed..... :glare: I hope it's just because she finds out about Yoyogi and the other girl
Last edited by Onigir1 on Aug 25th, '09, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 25th, '09, 15:13

My japanese isn't the best either, but for the window scene, I think she said:
She would no longer kiss him, touch him with her index finger, be overly familiar, hit his cheek (i suppose she means slap), and not go within 5 metres of him... so please don't say that they shouldn't meet anymore
And that triggered the dramatic ending to ep 7! :P
Am surprised that things have moved so fast for Shuji and Mai. The part where they held hands to buy wine was so cute.

Though I've been rooting for Mai and Shuji all along, I thought Utsu was quite sweet trying to make an effort to be more communicative and learn more about violin. But he really was hopeless on their date.

Ahh... things are going to be interesting. Wonder what Natsuki will be up to!
Last edited by emmy21 on Aug 25th, '09, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 25th, '09, 15:17

nagikokiyohara wrote: Don't feel bad. I've watched it three times already raw. And I don't even want to tell you how many times I've watched that final scene. :|
LOL.... same here.

I'm not so sure I want episode 8 to be here so soon though...
I don't exactly look forward to what's to come, things can only be expected to go wrong before they go right again, there's still four episodes left after all. And yeah, Natsuki asking Naoki to don't go looking all teary-eyed..... :glare: I hope it's just because she finds out about Yoyogi and the other girl
[/quote]

Well...the way I look at it...
there may be a few sad episodes to come, but I think they will make it all that much more wonderful when Naoki and Riko end up together in the end. And I know they will! You're right though...it's going to be no fun watching the other people hurt =(

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 25th, '09, 15:36

emmy21 wrote:My japanese isn't the best either, but for the window scene, I think she said:
She would no longer kiss him, touch him with her index finger, be overly familiar, hit his cheek (i suppose she means slap), and not go within 5 metres of him... so please don't say that they shouldn't meet anymore

Thank you. That's much better. lol i translatet ほっぺ with 'hope' in stead of cheek...baka.me
And i agree with you on the other pairing
if i didn't get it wrong riko said she thinks shuji fits mai better than utsu before she left. Wonder whether we'll get to know what happend between them after riko left. The way they left hand in hand was so cute :wub:
[/quote]

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 25th, '09, 15:49

Just finishing watching ep7 and i think Naoki and Riko won't have it as easy like this. bad feeling about Natsuki
i am quiet suprised that riko did not recognize Natsuki as Naoki's ex (if she did, that was not the reaction i expected from her considering she still deso not know that Naoki has broken up with her already)

it was abit odd to see Natsuki suspect something just by seeing Naoki keyring in Riko's bag immediately and asking for her number (her grin indicates that she is up to something no good), while Riko does not remember her as Naoki's girlfriend at all.

I am sure that Natsuki will want Naoki back after finding about yoyogi betray and will do something. i just hope that it does not get annoying and frustrating to watch. the same goes for Kawasaki that still not caring about Riko's feeling and giving her the ring. :crazy:

and YAY for mai x shuji pairing. just SO cute and Riko did say that she thought shuji is better choice than utsu for mai.

and the scenes when crying riko was talking to her mom on the phone was very emotional. i had teary eyes myself. but somehow i think the guy in the resturant who was very horrible to riko will have a come back again and have a part in the story. from ep6 i was suspecting something
ok, i know this is a drama and not real life, but won't Riko's neighbours get annoyed by constant Basketball noise and violin plays late at night times? :P
Last edited by Issy on Aug 25th, '09, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 25th, '09, 15:52

hi arakira!
yup, you got it right. riko did tell mai that she thinks shuji suits her better than utsu. i'm also wondering how their relationship will develop next week. they're a really cute couple.

i'm still surprised that shuji was so brave to confess to mai so openly knowing that she has a major crush on utsu. and in such a kakkoii manner so unlike his usual self!

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 25th, '09, 16:02

Issy, you're so funny! yeah, i would be totally annoyed by all the loud basketball and violin sounds! LOL!

About Natsuki and Riko
I actually thought it was quite a nice setup for Natsuki to see the Naoki keychain on Riko's violin case. Natsuki was around when Riko shouted at Naoki during the match, and in the funfair episode, she already gave Riko some unsavory looks. So I think she doesn't quite like Riko, and seeing Naoki's keyring is sure to trigger some warning bells given that Naoki has rejected her completely.

I thought Riko did recognise Natsuki cos she said "Ah..." when she saw her.

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 25th, '09, 16:07

Speaking of that Naoki keychain, by the way .. am I the only one that really wants it? I'm super disappointed that the official keychains are only the Arcs logo and not the little t-shirt with Naoki's name and number ... :glare:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 25th, '09, 16:26

Issy wrote:
i am quiet suprised that riko did not recognize Natsuki as Naoki's ex (if she did, that was not the reaction i expected from her considering she still deso not know that Naoki has broken up with her already)

it was abit odd to see Natsuki suspect something just by seeing Naoki keyring in Riko's bag immediately and asking for her number (her grin indicates that she is up to something no good), while Riko does not remember her as Naoki's girlfriend at all.
Pretty sure Riko knew it at that point, because Mai told it to her around 11:10 (when they were both peering outside to look at Naoki and Shuji shooting hoops) and her bumping into Natsuki was slightly later in the same episode.

As for her reaction, I can say that she was probably too depressed and having a bad pre-birthday to even compose herself. I think it would be consistent with her (slightly happy-go-lucky) character to react in that way and not be wary of Natsuki.

And for the keyring, well typically for a professional musician, whatever is used to personalize his/her instrument case says a lot. So naturally it would arouse Natsuki's suspicion, being who she is.
Last edited by chokubi on Aug 25th, '09, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 25th, '09, 16:34

ummmm :scratch:
I think you guys are right. just remembering the previous scenes.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Aug 25th, '09, 23:44

I think he needs an older woman to grab him and throw him up against a wall and give him lessons. *raises hand* I'll do it! :cheers: It'll be a hardship, but anything to help the Pi-chan further his art. :lol

lembukuning

Post by lembukuning » Aug 27th, '09, 00:29

hellooo
newbie here
trying to make new post to :D

here you can see some screen cap for preview eps 8 : http://yamapi-blue.livejournal.com/42129.html
And also tv magz scan

I wonder what is naoki up to :P

kirasano

Post by kirasano » Aug 27th, '09, 04:30

michi77hp wrote:
kirasano wrote:for a better clarification on my inquiry earlier...
approx 6-7 minutes into ep 5 = there's a piano rendition of a song... does anyone know the title.......it's been playing whever Naoki and Riko are together or when he's at South Park...
tgank you..thank you.. thank you....
it's " a day in a life" by the beatles
You are the best!!! honto arigato!!!!

Mrs.Blue_Eyes

Post by Mrs.Blue_Eyes » Aug 27th, '09, 17:26

someone know the cellphone that Riko is using?

the 7th epi as so cute ^^
can't wait for epi 8 :-)

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Aug 27th, '09, 20:19

Mrs.Blue_Eyes wrote:someone know the cellphone that Riko is using?
Someone on a Japanese fan forum identified it as an au SH001.

(Just for the record: Keiko herself was once part of a series of DoCoMo commercials and currently owns a DoCoMo PRO series SH-04A, so she's firmly in the DoCoMo camp.)

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Aug 28th, '09, 02:22

Naoriko's kiss is too cute.

Btw, what kind of phone did Komatsu Ayaka use in this drama? The one in cheerleader. Also the one who likes Yoyogi.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 28th, '09, 21:11

This drama is just plain great. Sure, it doesnt bring anything new to the genre but it just does everything so good. Amazing pace, well written story, good characters, good acting (yes, i think the guy playing naoki is doing a great job), funny, and so on. I JUST LOVE IT. Been a long time since ive been sucked into a drama like this one, this is something special.
Gonna watch ep 7 now, thanks subbers! Love ya! :D

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 29th, '09, 00:05

Episode 7 was by far the best!! OMG that last kiss scene .... bet all the fangirls who were waiting for a real KISS swooned and almost had their hearts stopped :lol And way to go Shuji who's brave enough to come out with his feelings. So up front and that hug he gave to Mai and her face. Love all the main couples and hope for a happy ending.

Grrr, Natsuki look closely at the guy you replaced Naoki for ... told ya he was sleazy and greasy. :glare:

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Aug 29th, '09, 03:15

Loved the ending of ep7!!!! :D
Other than Hana Yori Dango's Makino and Domyoji, no other jdrama couple got me interested so much as Riko and Naoki. They're great together!

Chard

Post by Chard » Aug 29th, '09, 04:53

woot really liked ep7 alot. my fav esp for the series. ending scene was unexpected.

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 29th, '09, 05:53

vivilp182 wrote:Loved the ending of ep7!!!! :D
Other than Hana Yori Dango's Makino and Domyoji, no other jdrama couple got me interested so much as Riko and Naoki. They're great together!
I TOTALLY second this --- I said the other day this is the couple I have loved the most since MakinoXDomyougi. Can't wait to see how their story continues ^__^

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Aug 29th, '09, 06:05

That last scene of ep7 was hottt

Keiちゃん really knows what she's doing! :P

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 29th, '09, 06:24

This drama is sooo adorable!!
love Naoki and Riko, and of course Shuji and Mai!!!!!! kda;fla;fdsakfdla;s~~ <3

i love how this drama can make you feel so peaceful one second and then make you totally shaking with anticipations the next~~

jica

Post by jica » Aug 29th, '09, 09:05

The kiss...
Finally a good kiss scene. Pi did a good job, really, but actually, I think without Keiko participating as she did, it would be a "dead" kiss as many other drama kisses I've seen. She actually kissed back and reacted! It's not easy for a guy to kiss well if the partner has both eyes and mouth shut.... (looking like "can this end soon?")
Kudos to both of them.
And... I'm greedy. I want mooooooooooore. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Aug 29th, '09, 15:40

YEah I'm Agreeee about the kiss :lol
They did a great job! Otsukaresama deshita xixixixi~
I'm starting to hate kawasaki-san even he didnt appear in this episode hehehe,,,
but Kawasaki-san also my type of man anyway :P

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 29th, '09, 15:47

just finished episode 7 with the subs (thanks Heiwa Fansubs!). I'm amazed by how strong the cast is as a whole. The more I watch the more I love them, especially the friendship between Riko and Mai. Can't wait to see more!

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 29th, '09, 16:16

yeah.. i love episode 7 too. the best episode so far...and it is making this drama probably the best drama of this season...

but my favourite paid in the show is still shuji-mai .... :P

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 31st, '09, 14:53

Just watched episode 8,
That scene on the bed was so sweet and cheesy but so amazingly cute and gah, no words :wub: I don't know, I loved it. But woah those two have crazy amounts of chemistry together, it's so very rare to see a couple in a drama acting scenes like that that involve so much eye contact and specially, so much physical contact in a natural way, same thing that was said with the kiss, they both were great, they had me AWWWing and OOHHing the whole time.

I'm actually very surprised too with how fast things have progressed between Mai and Shuuji, will wait for the subs to comment on the rest.

PS. I'm totally ignoring the way the episode ended and firmly believe Naoki only grabbed Natsuki's hand to untangle it from his and that he'll go to Riko.... or that's what I want to believe.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 31st, '09, 15:21

I also watched ep8 (live :P )
I was too suprised about amount of chemistry between Yamapi and Keiko. they were just so natural with eachother like they were real pair. can't say how much i loved those scenes. this is the first time in any recent jdrama i see these kind of cheesy romance scenes which were SOOOOOO cute too.

not liking kawasaki (even though he was not in this ep) at all at the moment. praising Naoki in that sport magazine to make him feel even more guilty (YES, i think this is his intention) was very lame.

and Natsuki
god, such a evil evil evil girl. :crazy: well, it's natural for her to act like this because they still need to creat somesort of dramas and story at this stage. but ending scenes were hangover scenes in my opinion. they focused on Naoki's hand on Natsuki when i think we will see in next ep he wanted to get himself out of her hug. ok, i do trust Naoki too much to think of him as a betraying guy and also believe in his love for Riko.

as for Mai and Shuji, all i can say is LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I just adore this couple to bits.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '09, 19:35

Issy & Onigir1, i totally agree with you guys
This episode had such a sweet start (awsome chemistry!!) and such a stupid preview. Really hope Naoki won't be too protective towards Natsuki and spoil things with Riko. Credits to Aibu, she really makes me hate her character ;)
About Shuji and Mai, they are soo sweet, I whish they were the main couple :wub: Utsu was still talking about her, poor guy, I wonder whether he'll be down when he finds out. I do think he's gay and has only eyes for the coach, though.

dgenoracle

Post by dgenoracle » Aug 31st, '09, 19:46

epi 8 is...

hehe... (lol omg awesome!)
what yamapi said was true about this drama. it makes you smile silly on the romantic parts..
and very unconventional dialogue and love scenes. :salut: well done director and casts!

zeox

Post by zeox » Aug 31st, '09, 21:31

that's it, i can't look in this thread. the spoiler-tags don't work! see you guys when this drama is finished :P

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Sep 1st, '09, 01:49

The ratings went up from 13.5% to 17.5% this week, making episode 8 the highest rated of this drama so far :mrgreen:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 1st, '09, 02:11

zeox wrote:that's it, i can't look in this thread. the spoiler-tags don't work! see you guys when this drama is finished :P
They do, but sometimes they get screwed up, so we need to check the post right after we post, so we get the opening and closing tag right.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Sep 1st, '09, 02:26

wmcnair370 wrote:
zeox wrote:that's it, i can't look in this thread. the spoiler-tags don't work! see you guys when this drama is finished :P
They do, but sometimes they get screwed up, so we need to check the post right after we post, so we get the opening and closing tag right.
maybe he meant that it doesnt work because he cant stop himself from opening it anyway?

omg!! that's a huge boost in rating!!! i'm so happy for them~ :)

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 1st, '09, 02:33

Could be, but some of us, including me, has been screwing up the tags, thus rendering the spoiler function useless. Trust me, I heard about it.

jujube

Post by jujube » Sep 1st, '09, 10:35

oh man, i was so excited to see ep 8 today!
i agree that the spooning on the bed was freakin' cute. i wasn't cringing, more like, "aw man, so sweet." XD haha. i dunno what natsuki said to yoyogi and to naoki, but i just want her to be alone at the end. part of me thinks that maybe utsu will go for her cuz he seems to believe her (and naoki hasn't admitted the fact that they broke up). i think shion told natsuki, "i thought you and naoki are still going out. why would you be mad that yoyogi's calling me," during the scene natsuki glanced at her cell phone.

mai and shuji... XD if only i knew what they were actually saying.

as for the ending with ep 8, when the lights went out in the park, part of me got scared cuz maybe kawasaki-san came back and like "saves" riko from the rain. i also like to think that naoki is trying to let go of natsuki, but if he goes back to her after the whole scene with yoyogi gripping natsuki's blouse violently, i wouldn't be surprised.

sad though that riko got laid off from working at the bar/restaurant.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 1st, '09, 11:48

Oh good, misato-ee has posted ep 8. Time to go and watch it.

LorettaHaHa

Post by LorettaHaHa » Sep 1st, '09, 13:06

i love ep 8, it was great!!!!
the Rating increased by alot! more then the first ep
i think its becuz of the hot kiss xD
my fav scenes in ep 8 was the hug, it was so sweet =]
and i LOVED it when Yamapi thought about Keiko and got all happy and energetic
his face expression was soooo cute
lol seeing Aibu's face makes me angry, she had her chance with Yamapi and she threw it
away, now that hes in good condition and her current man isn't, she wants Yamapi back =[
Keiko is the only woman for Yamapi!! ^______^
Last edited by LorettaHaHa on Sep 3rd, '09, 15:04, edited 2 times in total.

Haonan

Post by Haonan » Sep 2nd, '09, 13:23

I'm sorry to break this piece of sad news to everyone, but I'm afraid for the next wk or two, there may not be anymore broadcast of Buzzer Beat episodes, as Yamapi is down with influenza A (H1N1) at the moment. As of this moment, it's been revealed that there are some scenes still not done yet for Yamapi's role in ep09, so Fuji TV may delay the broadcast of Buzzer Beat for the next few weeks.

Source: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5218

Whatever it is, Yamapi please do get well soon. ^ ^

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 2nd, '09, 13:48

Oh dear, this is most unfortunate. I can't imagine the repercussions it will have on the remaining episodes but hope he recovers soon. :-(
Last edited by chokubi on Sep 2nd, '09, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Sep 2nd, '09, 13:53

:O :blink
that's sad...

chisato

Post by chisato » Sep 2nd, '09, 15:32

yeah, heard the news a few days ago about Pi. hope he really recovers soon, but he does need a lot of rest to ensure he is healthy. haven't watch ep08 yet, maybe I should wait a bit...or watch it little by little....since we don't know when BB is boardcasting again.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Sep 2nd, '09, 15:51

What's the title of background tune at beginning of this link?
Anyone has this tune's piano scores to share?

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 2nd, '09, 16:13

It's called Rain After Rain composed by Hinata Toshifumi.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 2nd, '09, 22:05

oh my hope he get's well soon :cry:

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Sep 3rd, '09, 02:53

oooooooooo... so sad, i hope he getting better soon

claza

Post by claza » Sep 3rd, '09, 21:51

Ep 8
Is this drama freaking kidding me? Does Naoki still like Natsuki? After he and Riko finally got together (and by the way, so adorable)? The preview makes it look like Naoki still has feelings for Natsuki and can't accept Riko just yet. Must Yamapi always play such indecisive characters?

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Sep 4th, '09, 02:52

claza wrote:Ep 8
Is this drama freaking kidding me? Does Naoki still like Natsuki? After he and Riko finally got together (and by the way, so adorable)? The preview makes it look like Naoki still has feelings for Natsuki and can't accept Riko just yet. Must Yamapi always play such indecisive characters?
I think Natsuki is the more ridiculous character than Naoki. She cheated on him because he wasn't putting out and Naoki dumps her after he finds out. That's good but then Yanagi cheats on Natsuki with some OL and she runs back to Naoki. Uhhh... what makes her think he's going to put out now and how in the world is Naoki going to just forgive her from what we see in the preview? And doesn't he love Riko now? This is getting ridiculous... I hope Natsuki isn't going to be persistent and annoying the rest of the show, she annoys me. LET THEM BE :D Oh and I hate the guilt trips that the coach tries to put on Naoki, he should just disregard what his coach told him and stick with Riko regardless

claza

Post by claza » Sep 4th, '09, 03:28

ayaseharukaftw wrote:
claza wrote:Ep 8
I think Natsuki is the more ridiculous character than Naoki. She cheated on him because he wasn't putting out and Naoki dumps her after he finds out. That's good but then Yanagi cheats on Natsuki with some OL and she runs back to Naoki. Uhhh... what makes her think he's going to put out now and how in the world is Naoki going to just forgive her from what we see in the preview? And doesn't he love Riko now? This is getting ridiculous... I hope Natsuki isn't going to be persistent and annoying the rest of the show, she annoys me. LET THEM BE :D Oh and I hate the guilt trips that the coach tries to put on Naoki, he should just disregard what his coach told him and stick with Riko regardless
According to my crappy Japanese, Riko in the preview, asks Naoki what she should do in order for Naoki to look at her. I've disliked Natsuki since the very first episode, but her character was meant to be disliked anyway. I have absolutely no sympathy nor pity for the girl and you're right, it's ridiculous that she's running back to Naoki the minute she gets lonely. I want to say that I hope Naoki's kindness doesn't get in the way, but it's obvious that it does.

About the coach, it's an interesting rivalry, and he knows that he's put Naoki in a hard place concerning Riko. I just hope the relationship between Naoki and Riko don't fall out before the coach gets back.

Suong

Hum???

Post by Suong » Sep 4th, '09, 03:38

So I've been doing some thinking after watching episode 8... after giving thoughts out to YamaPi for a quick recovery to wellness! Hopefully we are stuck on the news, and he has already moved past it!!! you work hard for us happy fans!!! YamaPi!

oh, so back to my thinking:
I think Naoki actually has an easier time wanting to protect Natsuki from almost an outsider's position. He found love that he didn't even know existed... he is becoming some one that he's always wanted to be in regards to going for his dreams. Whereas he only hoped for these things while with Natsuki. He must recognize the person he is becoming while Riko is by his side.

Therefore, I think that even if he chooses to stay a wee bit longer... of course putting Natsuki's hand aside, as it continues to rain and Riko has no other choice than to make her way to the station to go to her parents'... his LOVE is with Riko.

Will it confuse Riko?... oh, poor girl... Natsuki is having fun with her games!!! on all sides!!! Riko, I think will be confused, basketball coach will come back, and well, some where inbetween it looks like Naoki confronts Yoyogi from what I saw on the preview at the end of episode 8.

Hum,... Natsuki playing her game again, and I think Naoki may get in the middle of it a bit (in regards to some thing to do with Yoyogi)... but ultimately he'll be back to rescue Riko ^_^ (joking aside^_^, I like how Riko is able to hold her own... I like how she has simple confidence in life... and she's honest!... you tell that coach that you like some one else!!!, and I enjoy seeing Mai and her "laugh" and kid like school girls, next second rushing to get to their jobs and adult lifestyle^_^).

Oh, and I think that Naoki is taking a few tips from Shuji and Mai all the while!!!

LOVE Shuji and Mai... simple love... and I adored Mizobata Junpei in Akai Ito!!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 4th, '09, 10:54

about NatsukI x Riko x Naoki
I think it is hard to sympathise with Natsuki (even though she cheated on Naoki first and deserve no sympathy) is because we don' know much about their relationship.
It's the drama fault for not stressing out this point much. but from look of it, even they had a steady realtionship for over 2 years(?) all it feels like Natsuki was always a two faced person with Naoki never caring for his goals and his beliefs.
therefore we ought to get angry at the slightest care shown at Natsuki by Naoki. that is why we get frustrated by this.
I don't think they will make Noaki go back to Natsuki because if they do i am really going to hate this drama as it has no point introducing riko's character like that from the start.
but i think we will have those annoying doubts moments before we get to desired ending.

Endexus

Post by Endexus » Sep 4th, '09, 15:28

Ah, I absolutely love this drama. It has become a weekly routine for me, every friday I come home from school and hear the awesome opening and start watching the show :D

The coach is really being a p***y if he is intentionally guilting Naoki...he should fight fair for the woman.

And I don't think Naoki is gonna start going out with Natsuki or kissing her or anything. I just think that Naoki feels to guilty to be lovey dovey with Riko cause of Kawasaki's guiltning, that's why he might take distance to her until Kawasaki returns. The preview could be just Naoki feeling symphatic to Natsuki if he finds out Yoyogi cheated on her or something like that but that wouldn't really make sense...

Cfv

Post by Cfv » Sep 5th, '09, 21:48

offtopic: @ Endexus: Glad to see a fellow countryman following same j-dramas :P There's not so many of us out there

About the show: It's really an awesome and enjoyable drama, just can't get enough of it.

Just have to give a small minus point 'cause of the theme song. It's being played way too often and frankly some scenes feel quite silly when you can hear the song at the background...Or maybe I'm just thinking it too much, dunno.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Sep 5th, '09, 23:42

Here are my thoughts about episode 9. We have all learned two things about Naoki from previous episodes. First, he is a genuinely good guy. He might not be in love with Natsuki anymore, but she has been an important part of his life for two years. So basically he still feels somewhat responsible for her and her happiness. Second, Naoki is dense. His inability to read people's emotions has already ruined his past relationship. Right now, he is repeating the same mistake with Riko. He loves her, but probably doesn't understand that she might be jealous of his past relationship with Natsuki. I guess Riko will be hurt when she finds out that Naoki still cares about Natsuki.

Saki94

Post by Saki94 » Sep 6th, '09, 07:05

hi everyone !

I heard that Yamapi catched swine flu, so the shooting of Buzzer Beat is stopped for the moment. Also in the same case, Nishikido Ryo. His drama (Orthros no Inu) is also stopped.

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Sep 6th, '09, 13:58

Saki94 wrote:I heard that Yamapi catched swine flu, so the shooting of Buzzer Beat is stopped for the moment. Also in the same case, Nishikido Ryo. His drama (Orthros no Inu) is also stopped.
It was just any other flu, and both of them are already back at work. BB9 is going to be ready on time, and I don't know about Ryou's drama, but he recovered before Yamapi so that should be all right too.

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 6th, '09, 17:48

Ep8 started out good but as it progressed it started to piss me off, and the ending, totally illogical, aaaaaaaaah i need a beer. Stupppppppid :-(

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 6th, '09, 18:06

0xDEADBEEF wrote:
Saki94 wrote:I heard that Yamapi catched swine flu, so the shooting of Buzzer Beat is stopped for the moment. Also in the same case, Nishikido Ryo. His drama (Orthros no Inu) is also stopped.
It was just any other flu, and both of them are already back at work. BB9 is going to be ready on time, and I don't know about Ryou's drama, but he recovered before Yamapi so that should be all right too.
The flu is the flu and there is nothing special with the swine flu. Obviously he must only have had the common cold, because all flu is bad, and any kind of flu can kill you.

s2nhii

Post by s2nhii » Sep 7th, '09, 01:19

YAY!!! Go Yamapi ^________^

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Sep 7th, '09, 12:57

i thought ders no eps. tonight but when i open keyhole TV
kyaa...eps.9
and coach came back :cheers: :cheers:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 7th, '09, 13:14

Did you watch the whole episode?
I only caught the last 40 minutes, but the end had Riko trying to give the ring back, then after some talking by the coach, and some crying by Riko, we end up with a nice hug between the two. I don't know what is going on, but I do not like the look of this.

Oh, and earlier Natsuki was playing her silly games with Riko. I cannot believe she thinks she can get Naoki back, so maybe she just wants to make sure that Riko can't get Naoki.

This is what I am thinking, but my Japanese sucks. I will have to wait for Misato-ee to post the whole episode tonight, so I can see the whole episode.

fanaticgurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fanaticgurl » Sep 7th, '09, 14:08

rurikomai wrote:i thought ders no eps. tonight but when i open keyhole TV
kyaa...eps.9
and coach came back :cheers: :cheers:
Yay! He came back... btw, what is KeyHoleTV where can I find it?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 7th, '09, 14:18

Buzzer Beat was on at 0700 CST in the US and I was able to watch it on KeyholeTV and Freshverse. KeyholeTV streams TV as well as radio, but doesn't always have all of the channels that Freshverse has, like NHK. You can read the KeyholeTV thread here for info on how to find it. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56753.htm

Personally, I use both. Quality of the TV is better on Freshverse, but KeyholeTV has radio, and stations the Freshverse doesn't have.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Sep 7th, '09, 14:49

wmcnair370 wrote:Did you watch the whole episode?
I only caught the last 40 minutes, but the end had Riko trying to give the ring back, then after some talking by the coach, and some crying by Riko, we end up with a nice hug between the two. I don't know what is going on, but I do not like the look of this.

Oh, and earlier Natsuki was playing her silly games with Riko. I cannot believe she thinks she can get Naoki back, so maybe she just wants to make sure that Riko can't get Naoki.

This is what I am thinking, but my Japanese sucks. I will have to wait for Misato-ee to post the whole episode tonight, so I can see the whole episode.
:lol i didnt catched the first 8mins but i watched it 'til it ends :roll
i thought it was naoki who rang the door bell, it got me into excitement, but coach appeared, that's shocking

im checking clubbox if they happen to post the video there, cuz theyre fast :cheers:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 7th, '09, 22:30

Ep. 9 !SPOILER! I'm sorry, i had to comment on the whole ep. Better not read before watching it.
I was so relieved when Naoki told Natsuki that he has feelings for riko. and only feels gratitude for her caring for him Good Boy!! It's natural to be caring for a person you've had a long relationship with.

And YAY the Coach seems to be a good guy, telling Riko he wants her and Naoki to be happy :cheers: well but i wonder whether he was honest or if he'll try win her back playing her friend...Stupid Riko, i wanted to slap her in the end, how can she tell Kawasaki-san about her troubles with Naoki? Wonder whether Naoki will see them together and becom jealous.

And about her job, that guy who told her off seems to want her back and he seems to be the boss of a label?

About Utsu... I think he's in love with Natsuki. He told Mai he got somebody he loves and he shows a lot of concern for the evil b***

wonder what will happen in the next ep and why Naoki was crying and said goodbye to Riko and then the hospital and the wheelchair?!? Really can't wait to see how they'll close the drama. Guess it will be veeery cheeesy
:D

akamaya

Post by akamaya » Sep 8th, '09, 00:11

arakira wrote:Ep. 9 !SPOILER! I'm sorry, i had to comment on the whole ep. Better not read before watching it.
wonder what will happen in the next ep and why Naoki was crying and said goodbye to Riko and then the hospital and the wheelchair?!?
:D
Is really Riko saying 'sayounara' to Naoki?? And is really Naoki responding to Riko? I think it's only the tipical misleading used in a preview, to boil us until we see the real thing next week. :mrgreen: My idea is that Riko is saying 'goodbye' to the coach, and Naoki to Natsuki. Then, Naoki goes for the surgery, cause it's more wise than wait to be hurting nobody knows when... and Riko is rushing to the hospital. I hope all will be well in the end :thumleft: