Would you go out with someone who's divorced with children?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
freerose

Post by freerose » Sep 6th, '06, 20:27

kotaeshiranaihito

Re: Would you go out with someone who's divorced with childr

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 6th, '06, 20:30

freerose wrote:Would you go out with someone who's divorced with children?
Are you seriously asking this question on a board where more than half the users are under 20? :unsure:

check out the myspace "baby mommas" forum, I heard they have over 50,000 posts or something.

groink

Post by groink » Sep 6th, '06, 20:55

I think there are different mindsets when it comes to dating:

- Some people pick a date with the long-term intension of marriage in mind.

- Some people (like myself) pick a date just to have fun, with no intentions of marriage.

I can see both points of view. One person would say that why bother dating when you don't intend to marry the person? I personally believe that one starts thinking about marrying a person when he/she's deep into the relationship.

So back to the question... Why would dating a divorcee with children matter? It would only matter if you intend on marrying that person. Otherwise, the divorce/kids matter should not be in play. The kids won't tag along on your dates. Maybe you won't be able to sleep over at his/her home.

On the other hand, the divorcee may be dating with marriage in mind just so that he/she can find a spouce who will help raise the kids. So even though YOU don't intend on marrying the divorcee, the divorcee may have something else in mind. As long as the two of you are up-front about it from the get-go.

--- groink

freerose

Post by freerose » Sep 6th, '06, 20:56

I’m sorry for distress anyone. I let my friend use my name for this topic. I haven’t thought about this question. Hopefully we can skip this topic. I’m apologetic.

Eileithyia

Post by Eileithyia » Sep 6th, '06, 22:33

go out maybe, but not marry

valory

Post by valory » Sep 6th, '06, 22:46

freerose wrote:I’m sorry for distress anyone. I let my friend use my name for this topic. I haven’t thought about this question. Hopefully we can skip this topic. I’m apologetic.
Aah, the plot thickens. The real question is why your friend went through the trouble of asking permission to use your name for this post and why you are now apologizing.
Mmm...., it just doesn't add up,......unless...... :O

(sorry, I dont have a follow up, just thought I'd enter some mystery into the discussion. I mean, hey, we all love drama right :P )

groink

Post by groink » Sep 6th, '06, 22:55

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:Are you seriously asking this question on a board where more than half the users are under 20? :unsure:
Exactly what does age have to do with the subject matter? Okay, let's say you're 19... You can still marry a divorcee with kids. Is the age difference an issue with you? You don't believe a teenager can marry a full-fledged adult with extra baggage attached to him/her? This kind of marriage happens all over the world everyday.

The original question is totally legitimate... It's also more realistic than some of the other questions asked in this forum...

--- groink

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 7th, '06, 02:48

LOL goink...

Simple answer is, I would...

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Sep 7th, '06, 03:19

I would have to say that it depends on 2 things for me..... 1) How old they are, age matters to me I don't really care about the child part much.... 2) The feel I get for him the first time I meet him.... I dunno how to explain but if I'm comfortable with it I guess I will...

freerose

Post by freerose » Sep 7th, '06, 13:18

You’re right Valory! Something doesn’t add up. Me and my friend actually working together, while I introduce this website and she like it and she wish to add some topic to have fun, I tell her do it on her own and sign up. She says she just tries one and sees what happen. As a man I can’t refuse and let her use my name for this question. Boy do I feel sorry! That what happen, man always let girl take advantage. If this question make some people uncomfortable, I’m apologetic

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 8th, '06, 00:24

You have nothing to apologize for.

kotaeshiranaihito

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Sep 8th, '06, 00:35

yeah, he's right. what was written wasn't bad at all, I just thought it was more funny than anything else. Sorry if I sounded harsh, it was meant to be more like omg lol lol I can't believe you did dat hahahaha, type message.

I actually did have such an experience though. I met a girl in one of my classes (goddess level beauty) and quickly became friends with her. Of course I was interested in her, but then very shortly I found out that she was divorced and had a kid (she was my age-20). After I found out, I just decided to stay good friends with her-even offered to babysit for free. She truly was an amazing person. She went to school during the day, worked during the night and was raising a kid by herself. Definitely a person anyone could look up to.

I felt like she was always hinting about going out with me, but I honestly never tried anything. It felt wrong to date her just for the sake of dating (even though she was REALLY hot), and I knew there was no way I was ready to get involved in her son's life. So I never even tried to persue anything with her.

Even though she had her faults, I truly respected her a lot and hope she finds someone special, even now.

wewa

Tom says NO

Post by wewa » Sep 8th, '06, 01:07

If you are a male, the smart answer is no.
There are plenty of fish, so do yourself a favor.

http://tinyurl.com/zlw4g

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 8th, '06, 02:01

lol... Grow up, seriously. Let me just fill you in on a great man who helped raised me. My father killed himself when I was 5 and my sister was 4. My mom raised us as a single mom doing the best she could till I was 12. He came into our lives and became the father I never had. So if you are immature like wewa or that retarded tom guy, yes go away from them, they won't miss you one bit. Dogs will simply remain dogs. A man or woman who can raise kids as if they were their own deserve the most respect in my opinion. I guess I am biased, but I am proud of the fact I have a father now.

masaka___

Post by masaka___ » Sep 16th, '06, 06:10

That's really cool, Mythrel. I hope I can be a good dad someday.

freerose

Post by freerose » Sep 18th, '06, 17:21

On thing I learn from here is I respect the entire single parent, first it’s hard to be single parent and work too.

rahnay

Post by rahnay » Oct 7th, '06, 16:12

i'm new to this site..
simple answer like the rest.. yes because they are human too

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Oct 7th, '06, 16:15

freerose wrote:Would you go out with someone who's divorced with children?
Of course.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 7th, '06, 16:28

I happen to think that all of these questions are really, really hard to answer. One thing I learned from my unusual friends is that you can't judge other people's relationships because every relationship is unique and almost impossible to understand for people outside of it. More things than I can name come into play in relationships- add to that the fact that there are millions of unique people who are divorced and with kids who might have NOTHING in common with each other except for the divorced and with kids part makes it seem clear to me that generalizing or even theorizing like that is both illogical and impossible.

Simple answer from my side is - yes, if I felt it was right. What are the chances I would feel that it was? I have no idea.

freerose

Post by freerose » Oct 10th, '06, 19:08

Néa Vanille wrote:I happen to think that all of these questions are really, really hard to answer. One thing I learned from my unusual friends is that you can't judge other people's relationships because every relationship is unique and almost impossible to understand for people outside of it. More things than I can name come into play in relationships- add to that the fact that there are millions of unique people who are divorced and with kids who might have NOTHING in common with each other except for the divorced and with kids part makes it seem clear to me that generalizing or even theorizing like that is both illogical and impossible.

Simple answer from my side is - yes, if I felt it was right. What are the chances I would feel that it was? I have no idea.
I like you reply, It's make common sense.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Oct 10th, '06, 20:31

hmmm, hard question....to answer it seriously; yes just for the fun of dating, but not dating too seriously....but then again my situation is different....already have children and if it ever come to that, I'll be going out for the fun of it, but my kids will always come first, that's why not ever seriously with dating....is it make any sense?....oh well....

berserk

Re: Tom says NO

Post by berserk » Oct 10th, '06, 23:23

wewa wrote:If you are a male, the smart answer is no.
There are plenty of fish, so do yourself a favor.

http://tinyurl.com/zlw4g
Lol, a student of Leykis 101! I don't always agree with his views but this is one topic I tend to agree with him on. There is a young single mom who always wants to hang out with me alone but I stay away from her like the plague.

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Oct 11th, '06, 02:44

Umm dating after being divore with a kid. I have kids and divorce. lets see after working then soccer mom. theres not enough time left for me to sit down let alone date. hanging out with friends is much easier than anything else. But if you find some one I suggest work it out it dating after having a divorce when the kids our old enough to understand what mom/dad dating again can be rough but hey you only live once.

dabogy

Post by dabogy » Jul 15th, '09, 03:18

its ok for me..i believe that if you love someone..its a package deal that you'll gonna accept him including the excess baggage. They are already a part of his life.

yumeoi

Post by yumeoi » Jul 16th, '09, 16:45

right now? nope.
in another 15 years and i'm still single? sure. desperate time calls for desperate measure.