Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Ninkyo Helper

Post by yanie » Jun 26th, '09, 02:09

Title: NINKYO HELPER

Title explanation:
'Ninkyo' means 'chivalrous'. But 'ninkyo dantai' (literally means 'chivalrous organization') refers to 'yakuza'(mafia/mobs/gangsters).
'Helper' comes from the word 'Home-helper', home health caregiver, usually nurses the senior citizens.

Network: Fuji TV

Starting: 9 July 2009

Slot time: Thursdays 10 PM

Themesong: "Sotto, Kyutto"(Gently, Tightly) by SMAP

Script: Furuya Kazunao [LIAR GAME, Galileo, Hachi One Driver, Celeb to Binbo Taro, Mei-chan no Shitsuji]

Planner: Goto Hiroyuki [HanaKimi, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Celeb to Binbo Taro]

Producer: Makino Tadashi [PRIDE, Engine, Galileo]

Directors:
Nishitani Hiroshi
[TEAM, Saimin, Shiroi Kyoto, Last Christmas, Engine, Galileo]
Ishikawa Jun'ichi [N's Aoi, Hanayome to Papa, Celeb to Binbo Taro, Mei-chan no Shitsuji]

Casts:
Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
Kuroki Meisa
Yamamoto Yusuke
[Taiki in HanaKimi, Masaru(4th son) in Atashinchi no Danshi]
Yabu Kouta [Hey!Say!JUMP member]
Igarashi Shunji [Noe in HanaKimi, Yufune in ROOKIES]
Naka Riisa [Ukeshi in Hachi-One Driver]
Yuki Jutta [Kiba in Mei-chan no Shitsuji]
Kato Seishiro (child actor)
Nakabeppu Aoi [Fujiko in Mei-chan no Shitsuji]
Yasuda Misako [Rika in Hachi-One Driver]
Tachibana Yukiko
Yamada Shintaro [Yamada Yu's little brother; Goto in Ryokiteki na Kanojo, Komatsu in KonKatsu!]
Takagi Manpei [Ukon in Mei-chan no Shitsuji]
Takagi Shinpei [Takagi Manpei's twin brother; Sakon in Mei-chan no Shitsuji]
Kai Marie [an announcer; has no acting experience before]
Miura Mayu

Mukai Osamu [Mayama in Honey & Clover; Yoshikawa in Seigi no Mikata; Sho(3rd son) in Atashinchi no Danshi]

Matsudaira Ken (special appearance)

Ukaji Takashi

Ohsugi Ren

Natsukawa Yui [Kekkon Dekinai Otoko; Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru]

list source:

Code: Select all

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ninkyo-helper/staffcast
INTRODUCTION

Kusanagi Tsuyoshi plays the role of a yakuza boss in the Roppongi area. Kuroki Meisa, the female lead, plays the role of a young female yakuza boss.

Kusanagi's character is Tsubasa Hikoichi, a yakuza boss in the Roppongi area, a member of gangster organization, SHUNKAI. The cruel and scary yakuza, Hikoichi and his group's members, suddenly has to be nursing helpers at the elderly institution "TAIYOU", as their parental organization's boss command them to.

Kuroki's character, Kiriko, is a female boss who replaced her older brother, who passed away. She looks good in the yakuza-style clothes, and she become popular as the strong-willed female boss. She also has a side of her that she hides, that as the story develop she will show her various faces more.

Also, Yabu Kouta (Hey!Say!JUMP!), Igarashi Shunji, Yuki Jutta, these ikemen-s will be the yakuza members who has to be nursing helpers as well. In the elderly institution, there's also Yamamoto Yusuke, the ikemen helper.

SHUNKAI's parental organization boss will be played by Matsudaira Ken. Natsukawa Yui plays the role as the president of the elderly institution. Ukaji Takashi plays the worldly-wise yakuza boss. Adding the exclusive regular casts, there will also be exclusive actor guest in each episode, so you wouldn't want to miss an episode!

The currently popular child actor (of Tenchijin fame), Kato Seishiro will also star as Natsukawa Yui's son, and he will has a special relationship with Kusanagi's character. While Kusanagi's character and Natsukawa Yui's character opposes each other, they might have special feelings too, for each other?! Kuroki Meisa's character who didn't care about Hikoichi(Kusanagi) at first, has started to notice him too...

source:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ninkyo-helper/introduction
Official website:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ninkyo-helper/index.html
Wiki:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ninkyo_Helper
Last edited by yanie on Jun 29th, '09, 23:14, edited 3 times in total.

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 26th, '09, 02:17

Sounds interesting! I am going to look forward to this!

a2a

Post by a2a » Jun 26th, '09, 20:07

Honestly I planned to skip this cause I have a ton of dramas to watch but Kuroki Meisa as a yakuza??? You got me there!

UnionSagittarius

Post by UnionSagittarius » Jun 26th, '09, 21:01

It sounds so interesting,and I'm really looking forward to see Yabu^^The rest of the cast is also amazing!

Is anyone gonna sub this?Cause I think no one has said anything yet...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 26th, '09, 23:44

UnionSagittarius wrote:Is anyone gonna sub this?Cause I think no one has said anything yet...
According to this fansub map:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2009#Summer_2009
No fansub team has claim to sub this yet :unsure:

spidergirl

Post by spidergirl » Jun 28th, '09, 11:34

Wow another Kuroki Meisa drama. :cheers: Hope some fansub group will pick it bcoz these comedy yakuza drama looks really great and I think these drama will be very funny. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 29th, '09, 23:18

SMAP will sing the themesong for this drama. The title is "Sotto, Kyutto" (Gently, Tightly) and the new single will be released on August, 26th. The music composer is Aso Tetsuro and the lyricist is Kubota Toshinobu.

News clip from Mezamashi today:
090630 Mezamashi TV (LQ):

http://www.mediafire.com/?yozyythzjwj
credits to Dashling

Tsuyoshi, Meisa, Yamamoto Yusuke, Yabu, Igarashi Shunji, Yuki Jutta, Ukaji Takashi were having a photo session together. Might be for a magazine? Or a poster?

There was a clip during filming rehearsal too. A scene with Tsuyoshi, Igarashi Shunji and Ukaji Takashi.

In interview, Tsuyoshi said, "This drama really shows a manly aura. I definitely won't lose in that,".

Meisa: I'll show the manly aura too and I won't lose in that from any men in this drama.
Tsu: Does that mean it's okay for you if I lose in that?
Meisa: *laughs*

Seem like Meisa will play the macho type of girl XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 1st, '09, 02:42

Official website has been renewed with some pictures:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/ninkyo-helper/
I love the picture of Igarashi Shunji threatening Yamamoto Yusuke^^

According to fans, some roles details are revealed in Za Terebi mag:

Yabu Kota plays Takayama Mikiya, a guy who loves women alot, and he's interested in Meisa's character too^^

Mukai Osamu plays Nanami Kazuki, Kusanagi's underling/"younger brother" in the same yakuza group. So I guess his character will call Kusanagi's character "aniki" ^^

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 1st, '09, 02:49

im really interested in this one.. because of meisa being a yakuza xD hopefully someone will sub this one :(

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 1st, '09, 16:45

I find this interesting. The yakuza guys (and girl) has numbers in each of their names. I'll list them in the order of the numbers included in their names:

1.翼彦一 Tsubasa Hikoichi (Kusanagi Tsuyoshi)
2.二本松賢吾 Nihonmatsu Kengo (Ukaji Takashi)
3.鷹山三樹夫 Takayama Mikiya (Yabu Kouta)
4.四方木りこ Shihogi Riko (Kuroki Meisa)
5.黒沢五郎 Kurosawa Goro (Igarashi Shunji)
6.六車雅人 Muguruma Masato (Yuki Jutta)
7.七海和樹 Nanami Kazuki (Mukai Osamu)

kmixhd

!

Post by kmixhd » Jul 3rd, '09, 17:57

mabey some one will sub this!

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jul 4th, '09, 21:01

I'm not too worried no one will sub this since it#s got Kuroki Meisa and I guess a klot of people like her plus many dramas get picked up kind of late.

I'm more horrified by the plot.

spidergirl

Post by spidergirl » Jul 5th, '09, 13:50

TabooxNightmare wrote:I'm not too worried no one will sub this since it#s got Kuroki Meisa and I guess a klot of people like her plus many dramas get picked up kind of late.

I'm more horrified by the plot.
Horrified by the plot? :blink Did the plot is that horrible to you?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 5th, '09, 15:19

anyways guys, im looking for a translator for this drama :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 11th, '09, 16:19

Wow! Ninkyo Helper is one COOL drama! Love it so far^^ Kuroki Meisa was perfect as the tough female fighter! And Tsuyoshi portrayed such a different character from his real-self excellently! The fighting scenes were good, too!

Screencaps from Ep1

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 11th, '09, 16:41

I was thinking whether to watch or not but i think i will. sound intereting. i will give it a try for Yui-chan's sake. :lol

Niji-Rach

Post by Niji-Rach » Jul 12th, '09, 18:05

Ah, I'm kind of excited by this drama, it being the first drama of Yabu-kun since he was a kid. I does seem like the less motivated Yakuza though O_o ... According to the screenies.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '09, 10:51

DramaCrazy will release hardsubs for this drama:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2009#Summer_2009

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 11:50

Yeah, but will they ever finish more than one or two episodes, because they have a serious lack of translator's, and seem to have a really good record of starting dorama's and never finishing them.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 13th, '09, 11:57

well its strange that no one wants to sub this drama in the first place :(

it got such good ratings for ep1 ^^ and it has SMAP! lol

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 12:47

Somebody is subbing it, DC, and took the drama on the fansub wiki, so no other fansub group is is going to pick it up, but the question I have is will it ever get finished.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 13th, '09, 13:15

wmcnair370 wrote:Somebody is subbing it, DC, and took the drama on the fansub wiki, so no other fansub group is is going to pick it up, but the question I have is will it ever get finished.
But it does not mean that no other group going to pick it up. i know it's being happening alot recently. as soon as a drama gets picked up by one subber group, others will stop thinking about it immediately, but there is no written/unwritten agreement as such in the whole subbing world.
let's hope that it will be picked up by a fansub group. otherwise i will watch it raw. there is no way i am going to watching it on DC.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 13th, '09, 13:39

Issy wrote:
wmcnair370 wrote:Somebody is subbing it, DC, and took the drama on the fansub wiki, so no other fansub group is is going to pick it up, but the question I have is will it ever get finished.
But it does not mean that no other group going to pick it up. i know it's being happening alot recently. as soon as a drama gets picked up by one subber group, others will stop thinking about it immediately, but there is no written/unwritten agreement as such in the whole subbing world.
let's hope that it will be picked up by a fansub group. otherwise i will watch it raw. there is no way i am going to watching it on DC.
worst case scenario is to watch DC's subbed dramas. if you dont know yet, with their works, they upload their hardsubs in 704x396 and 720p too, if you can't stand streaming like me -_-

oh well, i must watch this drama because i love meisa :)

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 13:41

They actually let you d/l thei ones that they sub which is what I am doing with Ghost Friends and Maid Deka. Encodes are not quite as good as what SARS, TLS, Heiwa and others available here, but they are not bad, and how else can I see Maid Deka? And the translations are there own, so I do not feel bad watching them.

The other thing is is that a few groups are not picking up any, or very few, summer dorama's. TLS only has one, and SARS has none. If the groups are taking the summer off then who is going to sub it, and there are others that I would like to see subbed like Keiji no Genba 2. So, yes I know other teams can pick it up, but not if any translators are willing to sub something another team is doing.

And I do not want to bring up Smile again, but would a team want to pick that up and subbed it before they would pick up any of the summer dorama's? After stormy went private was any group willing to pick it up?

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 13th, '09, 14:05

wmcnair370 wrote: And I do not want to bring up Smile again, but would a team want to pick that up and subbed it before they would pick up any of the summer dorama's? After stormy went private was any group willing to pick it up?
from stormy's livejournal it seems Smile ep6 is still their latest. and i believe they will upload a batch at d-addicts once they finished subbing the drama.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 14:18

Good, I guess once they saw there hardsubs stolen and softsubs start to appear that it convinced them to do an official release.

Niji-Rach

Post by Niji-Rach » Jul 13th, '09, 15:31

Hmm... The subs of DC aren't that bad honestly... They are subbing Ghost friends right now, and they are doing a pretty good job on the I must say o.o Other than that I do understand why other subbers haven't been picking this drama. Since the whole 'Kusanagi-was-found-naked-in-the-park'-incident it was a matter if waiting till this drama aired and looking of people were willing to see it. However it did work out well (Yay for 17,5%!!) so maybe fansubbers are gonna re-consider... I do hope so because I prefer soft over hardsubs...

TwilightMay

Post by TwilightMay » Jul 14th, '09, 05:40

I doubt the whole naked-in-the-park incident had anything to do with subbers not picking this up (especially since the majority of the Japanese public were supportive of Tsuyoshi). There are fewer subbers than usual this season, with some groups taking vacation or finishing previous projects. Besides, there seems to be a trend where subbers will pick up the younger Johnnys' dramas as soon as they're announced but leave the more promising dramas with "old" actors lingering on the wayside (with a few exceptions). But that's just my personal observation. I hope a group here on D-Addicts will eventually sub this drama. I don't like the idea of maybe having to go to DC to get my fix.

Anyway, the first episode of Ninkyo Helper was really good! I thought it was going to be a wacky comedy, but it's more of a human drama with a nice mix of funny, touching, and cool action scenes with impressive acting by the main leads. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 14th, '09, 05:44

DramaCrazy.Net Fansubber here.

This drama is honestly too good not to watch.
We will be putting up the drama on d-addicts, like we've tried to with most drama's we've subbed, but it's up to the mods to approve the torrent.

Anyhow, the episode will be up in an hour or two for those interested.

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jul 14th, '09, 06:38

ep1 opening scene was rocking! I've seen a few Kusonagi firms & doramas, he's a solid actor.

I hope the testosterone doesn't dry out & turn up to be another fangirl dorama.

calimerina

Post by calimerina » Jul 14th, '09, 06:42

DC subs are good. I don't watch their stolen jdramas and I hate the entire streaming site issue, but I appreciate their work on their own subs, so I can't see the problem watching their own original work. They are picking up jdramas no one else is subbing and I hope they keep doing that and stop stealing so everyone will be happy. Thanks to them I'm watching Aishiteru and Hyoryu Net Cafe and I like their work. I wish them good luck with Ninkyo Helper and I will be glad if they continue working on it and other unpopular jdramas.

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 14th, '09, 06:52

popoycanton wrote:ep1 opening scene was rocking! I've seen a few Kusonagi firms & doramas, he's a solid actor.

I hope the testosterone doesn't dry out & turn up to be another fangirl dorama.
The opening scene was okay, the ending fight scene was pure AWESOMENESS.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 14th, '09, 13:51

Anyone else find Kuroki Meisa talking in yakuza-slang incredibly sexy? XD
I think she should stop casting as goody-two-shoes, and start doing more bad-girl roles. :whistling:

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 14th, '09, 15:21

calimerina wrote:DC subs are good. I don't watch their stolen jdramas and I hate the entire streaming site issue, but I appreciate their work on their own subs, so I can't see the problem watching their own original work. They are picking up jdramas no one else is subbing and I hope they keep doing that and stop stealing so everyone will be happy. Thanks to them I'm watching Aishiteru and Hyoryu Net Cafe and I like their work. I wish them good luck with Ninkyo Helper and I will be glad if they continue working on it and other unpopular jdramas.
How are they going to get the time to sub shows that no one else is subbing, if they don't steal subs from other works. If they did what people wanted them to, they would only sub the popular shows which are already getting subbed.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 14th, '09, 15:32

They have one or two translators, most will not work with them, but some are. Go to DC and see that they are subtitling Ghost Friends and have released 7 episodes while ikemen has only done 2, so who are they stealing these subs from when ikemen hasn't even gotten that far? Don't get me wrong, I despise DC, but I will take their subs when it is something no one else is subbing like Maid Deka and Buzzer Beat.

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 15th, '09, 12:32

wmcnair370 wrote:They have one or two translators, most will not work with them, but some are. Go to DC and see that they are subtitling Ghost Friends and have released 7 episodes while ikemen has only done 2, so who are they stealing these subs from when ikemen hasn't even gotten that far? Don't get me wrong, I despise DC, but I will take their subs when it is something no one else is subbing like Maid Deka and Buzzer Beat.
No my point was that if they weren't taking other peoples subs from some of the more popular shows, they wouldn't have the staff to sub shows like Ghost Friends, Aishiteru, hyoryu Net Cafe, Ninkyo Helper, etc.

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Jul 15th, '09, 19:50

So you're saying that you're stealing other fansubs then?

calimerina

Post by calimerina » Jul 16th, '09, 06:35

mavi wrote:if they weren't taking other peoples subs from some of the more popular shows, they wouldn't have the staff to sub shows like...
:rofl: :doh: i wanted to defend you but you're hopeless...

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 16th, '09, 06:43

calimerina wrote:
mavi wrote:if they weren't taking other peoples subs from some of the more popular shows, they wouldn't have the staff to sub shows like...
You evidently didn't understand my point.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '09, 10:07

I love Ep2 so much!!^o^ The judo athlete old man plot was surprisingly very good, it touched me very much. I really love the background musics too... and apparently the composers are ones of my fave Kano Shin(SekaChu, Byakuyakou) and Takami Yu(14sai no Haha), no wonder!

I think, Tsuyoshi plays the bad guy role excellently. I love Meisa's scene with the knife in this episode, really shows what a dangerous woman she is :D

Too bad, Mukai Osamu cancelled his contract with this drama (or sumthin' like that, obviously he has problem with his tight schedule, as he wrote in his blog), and so his appearance in Ep1 is his one and only episode :unsure:

Hoping for cool fight scenes in Ep3!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 18th, '09, 16:51

mavi wrote:
calimerina wrote:
You evidently didn't understand my point.
Actually, your point was quite simple. DC will continue to upload stolen fansubs against the will of the subbers who produced the work, but actually get upset if someone uses the subs that they put out in a way that they didn't intend. Cry me a river, Mavi. For all your earlier talk about translations being "for the good of the people" in your earlier posts a ways back, it's freaking hilarious how you have responded when someone dared to play with a show DC has worked on. I was literally out of my chair laughing when I read this quote from you
We didnt' give you permission to rip our subs. Please stop.
Want respect and consideration? Show a little first. Frankly, you don't have a leg to stand on there until the site you represent pulls the works that they know they stole themselves. And we know that's not going to happen anytime soon, now is it?

Isn't it interesting how one's viewpoint changes when they go from the one doing the wrong to the one feeling wronged?

You are, without a doubt, the biggest hypocrite I have seen around here in the last several years. Good luck with that.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 18th, '09, 17:02

Or put more simply, "We at DC will continue to slap you in the face and steal your subtitles for use on our site, and that's OK. However, we expect you to play nice with ours."

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 19th, '09, 02:56

yanie wrote:I love Ep2 so much!!^o^ The judo athlete old man plot was surprisingly very good, it touched me very much. I really love the background musics too... and apparently the composers are ones of my fave Kano Shin(SekaChu, Byakuyakou) and Takami Yu(14sai no Haha), no wonder!

I think, Tsuyoshi plays the bad guy role excellently. I love Meisa's scene with the knife in this episode, really shows what a dangerous woman she is :D

Too bad, Mukai Osamu cancelled his contract with this drama (or sumthin' like that, obviously he has problem with his tight schedule, as he wrote in his blog), and so his appearance in Ep1 is his one and only episode :unsure:

Hoping for cool fight scenes in Ep3!
ehhhhhh Mukai only appear in ep1????????
lol i was hoping he could be until the end and his character might become bigger throughout the show lol :cry:
i think his character is soo cool and interesting, this is such a bad news :pale:
i thought since he finish his scene in Futatsu no Spica already he could focus more in filming Ninkyo Helper..never thought he is sooo busy :goggle:
i hope to c him in another good drama next season :salut:

sungie

Post by sungie » Jul 19th, '09, 03:48

wmcnair370 wrote:They have one or two translators, most will not work with them, but some are. Go to DC and see that they are subtitling Ghost Friends and have released 7 episodes while ikemen has only done 2, so who are they stealing these subs from when ikemen hasn't even gotten that far? Don't get me wrong, I despise DC, but I will take their subs when it is something no one else is subbing like Maid Deka and Buzzer Beat.
Well excuse us for being slow :glare:
However, we have released three episodes, and DC started from episode 3.

[/off-topic]

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 19th, '09, 04:02

sungie wrote:

[/off-topic]
I don't think he/she was bashing you.
BTW, if you want and if it would help you, DC can send you the softsubs..

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jul 19th, '09, 06:23

mavi wrote:
sungie wrote:

[/off-topic]
oh. so you mean you stole their 1 to 3rd episode subs, streamed them and then have "continued" their work onwards? Just a question. I haven't seen GF yet nor do I go to DC to watch.

Looking forward to Ninkyo Helper though (after someone ripped the subs).

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 19th, '09, 06:32

brokenparadise wrote:
mavi wrote:
sungie wrote:

[/off-topic]
oh. so you mean you stole their 1 to 3rd episode subs, streamed them and then have "continued" their work onwards? Just a question. I haven't seen GF yet nor do I go to DC to watch.

!DC subbed episode 3

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jul 19th, '09, 07:18

mavi wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:
mavi wrote: I don't think he/she was bashing you.

!DC subbed episode 3
Oh... So you do you mean DC stole GF episode 1 and 2 subbed videos and streamed them?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 19th, '09, 07:43

is it really true, that Mukai won't be in the other episodes? I was hoping for some story-development about kusanagis backround and his underlings and see a badass Mukai getting into some fights... :(

btw...why not open a dc (or mavi) against the rest thread? It's the same discussion in all dc-related threads...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 19th, '09, 09:08

arakira wrote:is it really true, that Mukai won't be in the other episodes? I was hoping for some story-development about kusanagis backround and his underlings and see a badass Mukai getting into some fights... :(
That's what he said in his blog, I feel very upset about this too. Coz, Mukai is the 2nd reason I watch this drama (next to Tsu).

This is his blog's entry that is titled "Owabi"(Apology):

http://ameblo.jp/osamu-labo/entry-10301145919.html
The following is his original sentences:
そして『任侠ヘルパー』はとりあえず初回の一話だけです。
まぁいろいろ事情がありまして。
と言っても前々から決まっていた仕事があってスケジュール的に無理ってだけなんですが。
でも大人の事情ってやつで仕事をするのも断るのも大変なことなんですよね。
しかしお声をかけてもらうのはとても有り難いことです☆その恩返しのためにも頑張らなくては!
残念ながらどちらも出演はありませんが、今後出てくる可能性も含めて見ていただけたら幸いです☆

Translation:
And for "Ninkyo Helper", for the time being, I'd only be in Episode 1... well, due to many circumstances... Actually, I have a job decided since a long time ago, so my schedule doesn't allow me (to film more eps for Ninkyo).
As an adult, it's such a difficult thing to do our job well, or to turn down a job. But I feel very happy and grateful, that I got the offer. To return that favor, I have to work harder!
It's too bad, that I don't appear in both(Spica and Ninkyo) anymore, but since there's still a possibility for me to make another appearance, I'll be very happy if you keep watching both dramas.

So I'm not sure about his circumstances actually, but it seem like he only has LOW possibility to appear again in Ninkyo Helper :unsure:

Seem like his new movie filming, BECK, might take alot of time plus since he said he has a QUITE DIFFERENT appearance for Beck, I think he has colored his hair blonde now, so it's kind of impossible for two-timing his jobs? XD Besides Beck, seem like he also has another project that has started since March this year, and it could only be revealed/announced in autumn, as he said in his previous blog entries.

So, I guess that's why, he can't have more appearance in Ninkyo... :cry:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 19th, '09, 09:20

thank you for the translation!!
So there is another thing apart from filming Beck?!...too bad, no more Mukai this summer then but i'm curious about this himitsu-project and the blond hair! :D

but well the first ep was a surprisingly good watch , definitely gonna keep watching. Btw the sakura tatoo is too pretty for a yakuza...how is it meant to be scary?? ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 21st, '09, 00:51

what a refereshing and heart warming drama. it got me hooked just by watching its 1st ten menutes. I am loving this drama. i like all its characters. specially little Ryota who i could not have enough of him in Tenchijin. sooooooo cute and adorable.
so happy that it was picked up for subbing. otherwise could be missinng on one of best dramas of this season.

the story is very unique and never being done before ( or atleast i have not seen one like it). can't wait to see next eps.

pitty about Mukai. i was just starting to like his appearance in here as he looked really weird in mei-chan with that snow white wig.

now i wish Nagase done this character instead of Karei naru Spy. not that i think Tsuyoshi doing not so good as a yakuza, actually, i thought he was excellent in this role and this is my 1st drama of him. well, it's all about a fangirl dream. :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '09, 08:26

Yamada Yu will be the guest in Ep4 ^_^ I wonder if she'll have a scene with her real brother, Yamada Shintaro (who plays one of the young helper in "Taiyou")...

lunas

Post by lunas » Jul 24th, '09, 13:24

I watched the first ep last night and I have to say I really like this series as well. My jaw dropped when
Hikoichi was freeloading from the old lady and he showed no remorse. Of course it changes to a warmer tone but not too clique.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jul 24th, '09, 13:35

I still think the plot is whack, but somehow this actualyl turned out pretty damn awesome. The casting choices were great and Tsuyoshi makes a terribly attractive hoodlum.
Ep2 was so much better than ep1 in my opinion, but I wonder where the rating will go...

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 24th, '09, 13:37

TabooxNightmare wrote:I still think the plot is whack, but somehow this actualyl turned out pretty damn awesome. The casting choices were great and Tsuyoshi makes a terribly attractive hoodlum.
Ep2 was so much better than ep1 in my opinion, but I wonder where the rating will go...
Those were my exact thoughts! I totally was like screw this drama until the middle of the first episode and Ep 2 was just even better. I was thinking that the main character wasn't fit for the role but I had to eat my words.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 24th, '09, 18:58

TabooxNightmare wrote: Ep2 was so much better than ep1 in my opinion, but I wonder where the rating will go...
After it dropped to 13.8 for ep2, the rating went up to 14.2 for the third ep. I hope it continues to go up because I think this drama is awesome :thumright:

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jul 24th, '09, 19:02

havent watched ep 3 yet im helping my father so i had sleep over...

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 24th, '09, 23:12

ep 2 was great :cheers:
this drama really opens your eyes to a reality that you might have forgotten. it really made me thinking.
I am just loving Ryota and Tsubasa's relationship. Natsukawa Yui is one of my fav actresses and as usual, she is so great here too.
was suprised to recognise the grandad in mei-chan in this ep though. :P
very touching ep. can't wait for next ep. trying so hard not to watch it raw and wait for its subs.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 3rd, '09, 22:18

Meisa was awesome in Ep. 3
she's such a cool yakuza.
Now, i dont know id it's just me but Ryouta's mom acts as if she
has a problem remembering things.
so i thought that she might be suffering from Alzheimer, could it be??
I'm currently watching ep. 4 with Yamada Yuu

Kai200X

Post by Kai200X » Aug 3rd, '09, 23:30

I'm watching several J-dorama this season, something that I haven't done for awhile. This is one of them that I really enjoyed. I'm looknig forward to ep. 5

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 4th, '09, 03:17

When I watched the first episode I thought this drama was awesome. Little did I expect that it keeps getting better and better with each and every episode. I always appreciate Tsuyoshi's acting but he's amazing in this drama. Considering his real personalities I've seen from watching SMAP shows, I never imagine to see him fit perfectly as Tsubasa Hikoichi. The way he said "hai" at the end of episode one left such a strong impression to me. He expressed so much in just one word.

I'm really looking forward to episode 5 where it looks like we will know more about Tsubasa's past. This is hand down the best drama of this season.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 5th, '09, 01:14

just finished watching ep 4
well, i really liked ep1 & 2 and i thought they were great. but somehow ep3 was kind of let down for me. eventhough it tells you Riko's story and i am really liking this character now but it was not as good as first 2 eps.

i thought ep4 was much better but now i want the story to be more about the gang itself and not to focus on one elderly each ep. i know it sounds harsh because the whole story is based on life of elderly awareness (is it?) but i thought they still can tell their story through each one of Yakuza gang. so far we don't know much about them apart from Riko had a brother that died and she had to take over family business and be the head of their yakuza clan.

its already ep5 and it's about time they leave this routine.
i would love to see more about Hikoichi (i think i will in ep5 by the look of its preview) and i also like to know more about other characters.
but kind of confused about riko x hikoichi's relationship. sometimes it feels like they both are jealous about eachother and try to protect eachother. sometimes it feels as riko sees hikoichi as her borther replacment.
not to mention can't help to see more of hikoichi and Natsukawa's character.
again, Ryota is SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable. just want to pinch his cheeks
:P

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Aug 6th, '09, 18:23

i just saw the first episode and i thought it was awesome! i had no expectations about Ninkyo Helper before but i have to say that now i'm hooked...Tsuyoshi is doing a pretty good job until now, as all the cast.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Aug 8th, '09, 16:19

This drama happens in a nursing home, right? Will there be really sad thing that happens to the elderly? I have a really soft spots for elderlies...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 8th, '09, 21:55

I like the series, but I get a Gokusen vibe... or some other drama that I can't quite put my finger on... like, I've seen something like this... maybe a My Boss My Hero vibe... but I've seen this formula before which is why it bothers me. But Yuki Jutta is so cold ;___; He went from silly butler, to serious snobby college yakuza. Same with Meisa ^_^U I'm interested in seeing how the lead character and that boy's mom will turn out in future episode (like, what's going to tbe the story with them?)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 9th, '09, 01:58

I've seen something like this... maybe a My Boss My Hero vibe... but I've seen this formula before which is why it bothers me.
Engine? but with seniors instead of children :whistling:
At some parts it reminded me of Engine and it makes sense because producer and one of the directors are the same ^_^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 9th, '09, 03:59

nnnc wrote:
I've seen something like this... maybe a My Boss My Hero vibe... but I've seen this formula before which is why it bothers me.
Engine? but with seniors instead of children :whistling:
At some parts it reminded me of Engine and it makes sense because producer and one of the directors are the same ^_^
Never saw that series, so I wouldn't know ^_^U

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 10th, '09, 02:39

episode 5 was emotional :-(
made me cry a bit
I was right! Ryota's mom has dementia (or Alzheimer)
I feel so bad for Ryota tho :(
But i finally got to learn about Tsubasa's past.

Next episode is gonna be interesting.
i wonder if there's going to be any development between Riko and Tsubasa.
Also, that creepy old man harassing the female helpers.. just creepy
Best drama of the season :salut: [/spoiler]

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 13th, '09, 00:06

Ryota is so cute and I feel so sad when he told Hikoichi that
his mom cooked the same meal 2 days in a row and he doesn't know what to do. I wonder if Hikoichi somehow has feeling for Natsukawa's character.
Such an emotional series.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '09, 00:19

lunas wrote:Ryota is so cute and I feel so sad when he told Hikoichi that
his mom cooked the same meal 2 days in a row and he doesn't know what to do. I wonder if Hikoichi somehow has feeling for Natsukawa's character.
Such an emotional series.
OH WOW, another fan of adorable super kawaii Ryota. :cheers:
i just love how says Aniki and i hate how Hikoichi treats him.
I remember watching him in Toyota Car CMs. :scratch: or maybe other make. but it was him. :wub:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 13th, '09, 09:31

Issy wrote: OH WOW, another fan of adorable super kawaii Ryota. :cheers:
i just love how says Aniki and i hate how Hikoichi treats him.
:
About Ryota and Hikoichi
I love how he says Aniki too. As for how Hikoichi treats him, somehow I think this is why Ryota gets attached to Hikoichi in the first place. He doesn't have his dad and he watched yakuza movie and has those characters as his hero. I believe Ryota wants to have a father figure who gives him tough love yet be there for him when he needs help. Before he met Hikoichi, he only had his mother who didn't have much time for him but still was overly protective. While Hikoichi may act like he doesn't care and use harsh language, he always listen to Ryota and he seems to be the only one who understands Ryota the most. I really like the part in episode 4 when Ryota punched his bullying friend and came to see Hikoichi. Hikoichi could sense right away that there was something going on so he's nicer than usual and listened to what Ryota had to say. Later in the episode, he also told Ryota to go apologize to his friend. He really acted like a tough dad here. :D
Pairing: Hikoichi x Riko or Hikoichi x Hatori
Back when the drama was first announced, I was hoping for Hikoichi x Hatori and prayed not to have Riko as Hikoichi's love interest. Simply because I think Kuroki Meisa is too young for Tsuyoshi, and they won't look good together :D But after the first episode, I'm sold and it warms my heart every time they ran after one another to help each other out. However, I'm still torn between these two pairing. Hikoichi x Hatori looks good together and seem that deep down they understand each other a lot without saying. Through these five episodes, Hatori has learned to trust and open up to Hikoichi. Hikoichi, again, seems to be the only one who saw the real Hatori behind her snobby, cold-hearted persona. Hikoichi and Hatori seems to be equal. As for Hikoichi x Riko, sometimes I feel that Riko sees Hikoichi as her brother substitute.

I'm not sure whether they will have Hikoichi ends up with Riko or Hatori or none at all. But judging from the preview for episode 6, I think we'll have more idea and know more about Hatori's story.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '09, 16:06

@nnnc
Yes, I think i kind of know the meaning behind the way he treats Ryota and i know how he deeply cares for him. but as Ryota is just too adorable, i feel that way.

as for pairing
from very begining, i did not want any Hikoichi x Riko pairing. even though liking riko more and more with each ep but i still don't want that pairing.
I am all for Hatori x Hikoichi pairing

Riko is already taking over her brother job and has a gang to lead. somehow i see it hard for any romance between her and Hikoichi. plus, as i said before, i am always puzzled by her reaction towards Hikoichi. sometimes she thinks of him as her old brother and somethines you sense there is some love feeling towards him.

for Hatori, she is starting to open up for Hikoichi more and talking about her life.
with her recent diagnosis with early dementia, i think Hikoichi will care for her more. not to forget Ryota that can see a father figure in Hikoichi.

and what about other helperr girl that clearly so in love with Hikoichi? i just can't help not to sympathise with her too. i think she deserves a chance too but i really don't see that happening anyway.

my thoughts is that Hikoichi won't end up with anyone. i feel like by the end of the story, he will quit being a Yakuza and will continue his work as a helper in that centre or other one. most probably will be taking care of Hatori because as her dementia progresses, she wont be able to remember anything or anyone. so Hikoichi will be her helper taking care of her and Ryota.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 13th, '09, 23:13

Love love love this series. Definitely getting a My Boss My Hero vibe with old people. First drama that I can recall watching with Tsuyoshi in it, although I became a fan when I heard he was drunk and naked in the park LOL
I'm joining the Ryota fanclub too! He is so cute, love it when Hikoichi scrunches his face!

Digging the RikoxHikoichi pairing, they're both badass with hearts of gold, I love it! I They both have those killer eyes...wonder what happened to that old woman in episode 2 though :( I don't really see the HatorixHikoichi pairing, it seems platonic to me. Haruna is cute though with her little crush on Hikoichi. Poor girl lol

I'm wondering what's up with Masato (college boy). Though if he follows general jdrama rules, I'm sure he'll redeem himself in the end.
I think the show does a good job of balancing the POV of both the seniors in the home as well as the helpers. And I am so digging the music, really fits into the redemptive theme of the drama quite well. Hope someone uploads the soundtrack hehe

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 13th, '09, 23:59

talking about its OST, I am SOOOO in love with too. but could not help but notice similar notes to Mei-chan no Shitsuji. i wonder if they both have similar composer.
but what i want the most, is its opening theme. very powerfull :cheers: