RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Alienriceball

Post by Alienriceball » May 19th, '09, 01:09

rambutan wrote:
Alienriceball wrote:Hey everyone!! I am looking for a good kdrama to watch. I have been looking through all these pages and kind of seen the same things over and over again for suggestions. The thing is that I have seen most of them or they really don't appeal to me.

I really like romantic comedies and period dramas. For example, Hong Gil Dong..is by far the best kdrama I have seen to date. It has comedy, good action scenes, REALLY good political story lines, and really really good acting. I am a big fan of Kang Ji Hwan. I would like to find a similar drama like this one.

:D
Capital Scandal; lead actor is Kang Ji Hwan. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It's definitely a romcom as well as a thriller/action series.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I just looked this up on Dramawiki and it looks awesome! Just what I was looking for!! I look forward to watching it.

gareth

Post by gareth » Jun 9th, '09, 18:24

Well, I only have 3 favorite Korean dramas. I'm not easy on giving praise, so -- for me -- this dramas are really outstanding:
(1) Dae Jang Geum
(2) Alone in Love
and
(3) Resurrection/Rebirth

-- Snow Queen (not good as the first three, but I liked it more than the rest, so it deserves to be mentioned.)

I didn't watch, but would like to give a shot to:
-- Goodbye Solo
-- Ruler of Your Own World
-- Lovers in Paris
-- My name is Kim Sam Soon (I watched first episode, and wasn't impressed. Same as My Girl. Should I give it another try?).
-- War of Money.

I didn't like:
-- Goong
-- Boys over Flowers
-- Full House
-- or any other kind of that type ...

So, if you have some recommendations for smart, intelligent kdramas with good stories, please tell me!

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jun 10th, '09, 01:27

gareth wrote:
So, if you have some recommendations for smart, intelligent kdramas with good stories, please tell me!
I would recommend thank you. I was touch and I love the characters and how the story deals with hope despite its depressing theme of aids.

Goodbye Solo is not an easy drama but I find it fascinating to watch the many different layers of the characters. Maybe worlds within might be an easier piece to start.

If you are not into mg or kss, then you should skip Lovers in Paris. Try Lovers instead. There's something about a bad boy turning good that I can't resist. The best part is that I watch lovers without any expectations and it turn out to be highly entertaining!

For some intelligent adult comedy check out Hyena. I absolutely love this zany show. 4 gorgeous guys and a girl. Sounds familiar? After watching this you realise that BFF is rated b(for babies).

shinorei

Post by shinorei » Jun 10th, '09, 14:04

Right now i'm watching Shining Inheritance... The actor is Lee Seung Ki and the actress is Han Hyo Joo.
It's still airing.

gareth

Post by gareth » Jun 10th, '09, 21:23

morserachel wrote:I would recommend thank you. I was touch and I love the characters and how the story deals with hope despite its depressing theme of aids.
Yup, apparently we share similar taste in kdramas. I watched only ep1 and was hooked. But, missed other eps cause I didn't have time to download them... Thanks for reminding me of that kdrama ;))
morserachel wrote:Goodbye Solo is not an easy drama but I find it fascinating to watch the many different layers of the characters. Maybe worlds within might be an easier piece to start.
Worlds within? Didn't hear about that one. Gonna check it out ...
morserachel wrote:If you are not into mg or kss, then you should skip Lovers in Paris. Try Lovers instead. There's something about a bad boy turning good that I can't resist. The best part is that I watch lovers without any expectations and it turn out to be highly entertaining!
Hehe. I 've watched Lovers. Liked them too. But, somehow I think that some of the characters in that drama are too proud for their own good. On the positive note, 3 beautiful women star in that drama. 2 of them are simply gorgeous, and the third is incrediblly funny and adorable. It helps when "sekshi" people act in kdramas, because kdramas are much longer that other shows. ;)
morserachel wrote:For some intelligent adult comedy check out Hyena. I absolutely love this zany show. 4 gorgeous guys and a girl. Sounds familiar? After watching this you realise that BFF is rated b(for babies).
Lol ;))

Thanks for the tips!

Carolyn1

Post by Carolyn1 » Jun 11th, '09, 09:09

:salut: Im a super Kdrama fans! I collect whatever korean dramas which I can find. Most of them stil haven't watch la, but still, I will try to find time to watch them when I'm free. :P Boys over flower is the most popular one now. i think so :cheers:
Attachments
boys-over-flowers.jpg
boys-over-flowers.jpg (65.98 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jun 11th, '09, 09:22

gareth,
If you intend to watch my girl, start with episode 4, continue to 14, skip 15 and finish off with 16. Then come back to 1-3. You'll find that the show is quite enjoyable then. Why this weird way of watching? Because 1-3 is too silly to watch. 15 is completely a waste of time. After finishing the series you might be curious about the beginning.

As for Kim Sam Soon, it's kind of so-so type of drama therefore I have no tips to offer.

toadhjo

Post by toadhjo » Jun 14th, '09, 01:33

Could somebody give me some recommendations?

I've watched a fair bit of J-drama, but I'm just starting to get into K-drama.

My favorite J-drama's are probably Proposal Daisakusen, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, and Densha Otoko. Stuff that's lighthearted, with a good balance between romance and humor.

Thanks!

Masumi-chan

bt.avistaz.com

Post by Masumi-chan » Jun 14th, '09, 02:04

i defiantly recommend City Hall its still airing, The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince and My Name is Kim Sam Soon.
u can find kim sam soon in bt.avistaz.com but u have to Register to download.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 14th, '09, 04:22

toadhjo wrote:Could somebody give me some recommendations?

My favorite J-drama's are probably Proposal Daisakusen, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, and Densha Otoko. Stuff that's lighthearted, with a good balance between romance and humor.

Thanks!
Definitely My Name is Kim Sam Soon and The City Hall. The latter is still airing, but the humour/satire is unparralled, as far as this year's Kr dramas go.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 15th, '09, 05:08

The first Asian drama I watched was Korean drama so although I like Japanese drama...I am partial to Kdrama first. Please recommend kdramas for me to watch...I have already seen

Kdrama
Boys Before Flowers (kdrama)
You are my destiny
Worlds Within
Kingdom of the Winds
My precious you
Full House

Jdrama
Tokyo Wankei
Nodame Cantabile
Akai Ito
Kimi wa Petto
Hana Kimi
Hotaru no Hikari

I listed the jdrama too so that you can see what type of drama interest me but please recommend kdrama. I prefer a romance comedy or just romance...nothing serious or real life documentaries. Thanks!

Sukideo

Post by Sukideo » Jun 18th, '09, 00:19

Some of my fav. Korean drama's are:

A Love to Kill
Love Marriage- This one is just fabulous to me
Boys Over Flowers
Shining Inheritance
Goong - I wish they did another season :/

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 22nd, '09, 11:12

A Love to Kill was the best Kdrama I have seen so far! From beginning to end...superb!
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Jun 25th, '09, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

emeralda

Post by emeralda » Jul 1st, '09, 03:23

hi all...
i need some tips to choose which drama should i download..
my taste is, comedy romance funny..
such as my girl, full house, hello miss, Choon Hyang, goong..
i love that kind of drama?
any sugestions?
advance thanks for any...

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 4th, '09, 11:39

emeralda wrote:hi all...
my taste is, comedy romance funny..
such as my girl, full house, hello miss, Choon Hyang, goong..
i love that kind of drama?
any sugestions?
advance thanks for any...
My Name is Kim Sam Soon. The City Hall. They are among the best.

hoalan

Post by hoalan » Jul 4th, '09, 12:37

If you like romance with comedic moments I highly recommend

The last scandal of my life
Who are you
Mr Goodbye (very poignant and unforgettable moment at the end of ep.14 beginning of ep.15, very beautifully done).

kobi

Post by kobi » Jul 6th, '09, 12:09

Has anyone watched Shining Inheritance?

There's only italian subs out :(

I guess the drama is too new?

sweetcandy92

Post by sweetcandy92 » Jul 6th, '09, 12:26

I think we must watch "Queen of the game". It's the best Korean film I have ever seen. Joo Jin Mo and Lee Bo Young is a very cute couple!

svenke

recommended

Post by svenke » Jul 6th, '09, 12:36

Boys over flowers
The Coffee prince
Full House
Delightful girl Choon-Hyang
My name is Kim Sam Soon
Beethoven Virus

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 6th, '09, 13:53

[quoteThere's only italian subs out [/quote]

Go to subtitles index and look for brilliant legacy eng subs

kobi

Post by kobi » Jul 7th, '09, 11:33

Wow!

I'm so new, I thought it was called Shining Inheritance, so the subs would be Shining subs or something?

Is Brilliant another name for it?

So many thanks

Butterknife

Post by Butterknife » Jul 8th, '09, 06:56

Okay, I'd like to watch another korean drama.. But I want something that isn't so cliche.

I've seen Goong, Full House.. Partially watched Coffee Prince.. I want a drama that doesn't have a really cliche relationship. For example, one that goes like this : Main guy & Main girl fall in love, but a girl from the main guys past tries to win him back from the main girl, and the main guy doesn't appreciate the main girl so a new guy comes into the situation to win her over ( which ultimately leads the main guy to be jealous and try harder to win the girl's heart ).

Okay.. So are there any korean dramas with a relationship that isn't so clear right from the first episode? Like two big stars who you know are just going to end up together, so there's no point in watching.

Thanks for any help.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 8th, '09, 07:43

Before recommendations can be made, we at least need to know your likes and dislikes. Furthermore what do you mean when you said where the relationship isn't clear? Almost All Kdramas (99%) will end with the main guy and main girl being together, whether dead or alive. The only difference is how may oceans or mountains they cross before the final credits.

Butterknife

Post by Butterknife » Jul 8th, '09, 08:16

Like, it's not clear from the very beginning, not necessarily romantically focused at the beginning. An actual plot taking place. I like anything, psychological drama, thrillers, action, some romantic comedy *Hana Yori Dango is my favourite in that category though, about as far into the cheese as I like to go. Though it's still a series I love*. But I want something DIFFFFERENT. I want a good story with characters :(, not these generic romantic comedies.. I would watch ' The Devil ', but I've already seen the japanese version.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 8th, '09, 08:52

Maybe you should try Resurrection/Rebirth. You can loosely call this a revenge drama but it is more than that.

Another action/revenge drama is Time Between Dog and Wolf. Very fast pace and love the twists.

As for romance check out Alone in love. It's not one of your run-of-the-mill love story.

If you are into something dark then maybe La Dolce Vita. La Dolce Vita is not something the majority will like but if you are one of the minority like me, you'll find it absorbing.

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 9th, '09, 03:37

Hello.

I have been watching quite a few Japan dramas. Just finished the LONG "You are my destiny".

Some of my favorite dramas have been romantic comedies. For example, boys over flowers (both jap and Korean), Hana Kimi, Mai Chan no Shijitsu.

Any recommendations with regards to Kdramas that are similar to the listed above?

Cloud_GoGo

Post by Cloud_GoGo » Jul 9th, '09, 17:40

Hello! I would like to ask for your help. I am looking for drama's that has these catagories:

* Boy bullies girl, then falls in love with her*

* Girl or has to act like a Boy*

* Unpopular Girl has many guys coming after her.*

* Guy endured a lot of emotional pain, Got dumped before, was a nerd, was unpopular etc and a girl changes him*

I've already watched Devil beside you, Coffee prince and BOF I hope you guys can help me : D
Last edited by Cloud_GoGo on Jul 9th, '09, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

tkah

Post by tkah » Jul 9th, '09, 18:22

I would recommend "A Man's Story" Also called The Slingshot. If you like revenge with a psycho twist...It was awsome.

sistergirl

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by sistergirl » Jul 13th, '09, 06:50

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince-romance
Boys Before Flowers -romance
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang-romance
Only You-romance
Exhibition of Firework-revenge,romance
my girl-romance
City Hall-comedy and romance :thumright: :thumleft: :wub:
Last edited by sistergirl on Jul 20th, '09, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

originaltran

Post by originaltran » Jul 13th, '09, 10:30

So if you LOVE romantic comedies, like the girl getting bullied by the guy and the two main leads always argue, then these are definetely for you :D

- Boys Before Flowers
- My Girl (my favorite)
- Full House
- Shining Inheritance (2009)
- Romantic Princess
- Fated to Love You
- It Started with a Kiss

The first four are my absolute favorites (: No matter what, definetely give them a try, you won't regret it :D

originaltran

Post by originaltran » Jul 13th, '09, 10:32

Oh & also, go to WWW.MYSOJU.COM to watch a billion of free dramas (: It's the only site I trust and it updates aloooot.

Cloud_GoGo

Post by Cloud_GoGo » Jul 13th, '09, 11:32

Thanks for the help :D

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by rambutan » Jul 16th, '09, 11:46

sistergirl wrote:city hall-romance and comedy :thumright: :thumleft:
I second sistergirl's recommendation. It's a deep romance + comedy.

qnhu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by qnhu » Jul 16th, '09, 12:50

originaltran wrote:Oh & also, go to WWW.MYSOJU.COM to watch a billion of free dramas (: It's the only site I trust and it updates aloooot.
That's one of the websites that hardsubs dramas or puts the hardsubs from the fansubbers on there even though the fansubbers have requested not to do so :roll

Please support us fansubbers by downloading the dramas, and then purchase the official DVD if you like the drama.

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 18th, '09, 20:18

So I've watched:
Attic Cat
Full House
City Hall
When It's At Night
Witch Yo Hee
Over the Rainbow
Kim Sam Soon

Can you recommend anything along the lines of those shows? I enjoy basically love comedy romance set in a present time. Also movies too if you know of any good ones. I think the only movie I saw was 200lbs Beauty & Sassy Girl. Does anyone know if Kim Sun Ah's older stuff before Kim Sam Soon is good? Thanks in advance for all your help!

TKO

majata

Post by majata » Jul 18th, '09, 20:46

You have to watch That Fool aka Accidental Couple- one of the est comedy romance!!!

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 18th, '09, 22:02

Thanks Majata. Watching now.

Finish watching the first one. I'm hooked! Wow and that girl from 200lb Beauty is in it. =D

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 20th, '09, 11:22

Ok just finished watching That Fool. That was a great series. Anything else to recommend?

Maemi

Post by Maemi » Jul 20th, '09, 23:47

Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Kdramass:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

So far I've watched: 1% of anything, Goong, Full House, My Girl, Boys Before Flowers...

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 21st, '09, 01:46

"The City Hall" is a really good series that would play to what you're looking for...
Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Kdramass:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

So far I've watched: 1% of anything, Goong, Full House, My Girl, Boys Before Flowers...

TKO

Post by TKO » Jul 21st, '09, 01:48

So after watching "The Fool", I was wondering if Kim Ah Joong's other releases are good such as "Rules of Love" and "Bizarre Bunch"?

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Jul 21st, '09, 01:57

TKO wrote:So after watching "The Fool", I was wondering if Kim Ah Joong's other releases are good such as "Rules of Love" and "Bizarre Bunch"?
Try Fantasy Couple.

sachi2210

Post by sachi2210 » Jul 21st, '09, 03:25

ohhhh I have a list

Must Watch

Great Inheritance/Kindergarten Love- This drama is filled with loveable characters, adorable kids, and I have to admit the gangster stuff was nice. Because it wasn't the usual beat people up- it was more like a quirky game of cat and mouse between the kindergarten and the gang which was more of a large coorperation. Through in some damaging pasts to make it even more interesting and you get a cute, yet interesting romantic comedy

I'm Sorry I Love You
This drama was one of the few I could NOT stop watching. The end of each episode made me crave more. Worst part was, I hadn't downloaded the drama yet, so I was dying during the download times XD This drama never gets boring, it always is filled with it's twists and emotion. amazing music too

Time Between Dog and Wolf I don't normally go for action/gang things but this drama was soooo worth it. The people who made this drama were like mind readers. They never did anything to dissapoint me, and some of the things I wanted to happen did (romance stuff- action stuff was impossible to predict, too many twists) I loved this drama. Just be wary of the first episode- it's him as a child, so it's boring. But everything after that is great. I think every episode made me cry at least once whether it was touching or sad.

okay dramas

Coffee Prince I couldn't actually finish this one. I was loving it- and then I suddenly began to hat the main girl. HATE HER. Now I can't think of goong in the same way. If she had been anyone else I think I would have loved the drama

Fantasy Couple Even if you don't want to watch the whole drama, watch the first couple of episodes because they are hilarious. Halfway through the drama it starts dragging and then it gets good again towards the end.

full house it was good, I don't really get why people love it though

green rose uhhh this drama. it was a bit special. Sometimes I liked it, sometimes I hated it. You WILL forget what episode your on at least once. It's a good story line- it could have been sooo good, but for some reason, it wasn't

goong It was good, but I think it could have been shorter. The ending was only okay. love the music from it

My Girl
This drama was really enjoyable. I really liked the beginning, but it lost a bit of it's charm after awhile. Still quite good tho. the second to last episode, don't bother watching. The last one's okay. It has a cute very ending (like last 2 mins) Overall Worth Watching

Who Are You Interesting drama. problem was- I hated the father. HATED. The last bunch of episodes he got better tho, and the the episodes were great. A very good filler drama

Stay away from

-Bad family (leading couple was awful together)
-Bright Girl's Success Story (this drama should not have been made)
-Goodbye my love (everyone involved with the production of this drama should be SHOT. it was that bad. Getting through this drama deserves a medal. Seriously, you'll hate every single character in it. and everyhting else)
-Nine-tailed fox (could have been good- but it was awful. don't let the story line and promise of action draw you in, cuz it's really not what your expecting)

So thats that. I like Korean drama, but some of them can be duds. you have to be careful. I ended up liking alot more japanese ones. japanese ones don't quite get the romance korean ones do though

some great korean movies are: 100 Days with Mr.Arrogant,A Man Who Was Superman, A Moment to Remember, Baby and Me, Ghost House, Innocent Steps, Love Me Not, Magang hotel (hilarious), My Little Bride, Seducing Mr.Perfect, She's On Duty, Temptation of Wolves, The Beast and the Beauty, The Classic,and Windstruck

I'm currently watching Boys Over Flowers, and am loving it

I plan on watching shining inheritance

*member*

Must watch dramas airing right now

Post by *member* » Jul 22nd, '09, 00:42

so ive been out of the drama scene 4 a while so im kind of lost regarding what to watch.
i would like you to recommend 3 dramas that are airing right now that you think its a must watch.

looking forward to reading all your answers :thumright:

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Must watch dramas airing right now

Post by cool_drama » Jul 22nd, '09, 01:33

*member* wrote:so ive been out of the drama scene 4 a while so im kind of lost regarding what to watch.
i would like you to recommend 3 dramas that are airing right now that you think its a must watch.

looking forward to reading all your answers :thumright:
Shining Inheritance.

moonheart

Post by moonheart » Jul 23rd, '09, 14:23

Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Kdramass:

:P shining inheritance to that 2!!! you should also watch "Who are you"
I will recommend the 1st shop of coffee prince, though it doesnt have that kind of plot its a <3>o<
^^

asaboy23

Post by asaboy23 » Jul 24th, '09, 17:56

i wondering why i haven't seen recommending DAL jAS Spring(romatic comedy)?

one of the best k-drama i've ever seen. Chae rim is really funny, you'll always see her smiling and laughing in this drama. must watch.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Jul 27th, '09, 10:08

asaboy23 wrote:i wondering why i haven't seen recommending DAL jAS Spring(romatic comedy)?

one of the best k-drama i've ever seen. Chae rim is really funny, you'll always see her smiling and laughing in this drama. must watch.
i hate that drama.........
finally manage to laugh at episode 5......(but didn't manage to laugh in other episodes)
watch the first 3 episodes until i almost fall asleep.(but i still successfully in watching it.....)

and the other episodes are really boring as well.

basically is 1 of the worst drama i seen.

no offence...
just my personal views....
:unsure:

AxiomofDreams

Post by AxiomofDreams » Jul 28th, '09, 21:32

I'm looking for some serious KDramas to watch. Right now I'm watching East of Eden, and even though it seems to be getting negative reviews on here, I must say I'm liking it so far. But I'm looking for some other dramas to watch at the same time. So I need help: what are some other good serious dramas? It can have funny moments but I don't want the plot to be serious. Similar to the TWDrama Black and White.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Jul 28th, '09, 21:48

my name is kim sam soon. i really like this i dunno why. currently i have nothing to watch and patiently waiting for Partner, City hall and ahgassi si i am watching my name is kim sam soon for the second time after 4 yours. typicall Kdrama romantic comedy but i dunno why i like this and thank god i burned it!

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Jul 29th, '09, 04:04

Axiomofdreams,

I think you should check out Time Between Dog and Wolf and Air City. I wouldn't call them serious but they probably are the closest to Black and White. Both are entertaining.

g33k3rs

Post by g33k3rs » Jul 29th, '09, 08:16

I just finished Shining Inheritance yesterday. I definitely recommend this drama. :wub:
It is kind of like a Cinderella story. Each episodes just kept getting better and better. Some parts towards the end dragged a bit ,but I was not disappointed with the end result!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 3rd, '09, 00:41

Can someone tell me where I can download or watch the movie Love Phobia please?

I have tried Aja-Aja, Silent Regrets, Youtube, Google and Yahoo! but nothing comes up just blogs and wikis. Did the movie flop at the box office? Just curious why I don't see it on the internet as much.

TIA

daydee

Post by daydee » Aug 7th, '09, 04:01

Best friends turn to lover become number one fav theme ever since I watch When Harry meet Sally, decades ago.
Can anybody recommend me this kind of theme in drama? Korean drama or J dorama is ok cause I like it both.
So far I only remember K drama, 9 ends 2 out
Any other suggestion?

thanks in advance.

Das_Phantom

Post by Das_Phantom » Aug 16th, '09, 00:37

Wonder if anyone could recommend some great romantic comedy films :whistling: lol

I've already seen

...Ing
The Classic
My Sassy girl
A moment to remember
il mare
My tutor friend

And i'm planning to watch Once Upon a Time in High School: The Spirti of Jeet Kune Do and Windstruck. Just not in the mood right now, feel like watching Romcoms atm.

Thinking of watching Crazy Love right now. Anything else that i should check out ?

Any help would be great :-)

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Aug 16th, '09, 01:12

Many people have different picks, but here goes:
1. The 1st shop of Coffee Prince--More international awards and most viewed on the internet. JUST GREAT
2. One Fine Day--Another Gong Yoo show
3. City Hall--Just out, just great
4. Iljimae--Pure fun
5. Stars Lover--Great Chemistry
6. Full House--Love the house
7. Women in the Sun--Good chick flick
8. Emperor of the Sea--Long but good
9. Whats Up Fox--Loved it
10.iShining Inheritance--Evil step-mother steals the show, was she ever bad.
Well there they are,take them or leave them.

TKO

Post by TKO » Aug 18th, '09, 21:21

Nice! Was looking for something new to watch. Gonna check out What's Up Fox. You know I'm not quite understanding all the hype over coffee shop prince, boys over flowers, or shining inheritance. I watched a little of each and wasn't really pulled in. Do these just start off slow and get really good later on? Thanks!

Take-Take

Post by Take-Take » Aug 21st, '09, 09:01

I really like 'Dream' with Kim Bum and Joo Jin Mo

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Aug 22nd, '09, 10:44

asaboy23 wrote:i wondering why i haven't seen recommending DAL jAS Spring(romatic comedy)?

Yes indeed one of the best drama of all time, and I truly love it, its meaning and emphasis.

Sonâmbulo

Post by Sonâmbulo » Aug 23rd, '09, 23:51

I am quite new to Korean dramas! I first watched Couple or Trouble dubbed on Farsi1 which got me interested, and so I decided to watch another series with the same actor, "Single Papa in Love", which I just finished watching tonight. I liked this too but it was really, really sad sometimes, I don't think I've ever cried so much when watching anything before! I wonder if anyone can recommend a comedy show that is (mostly) funny and upbeat? I've seen quite a few people on the forum recommending "My Girl", so I think I will watch this next. But can anyone tell me if by watching it I will be letting myself in for a world of heatbreak like with "Single Papa"?

Thanks!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 26th, '09, 09:11

And again I`m asking for some recomendations. <_<

Anyhow - Can someone suggest me some teen dramas?

Can2906

Post by Can2906 » Aug 26th, '09, 10:08

You should watch the following series:

Boys Over Flowers
My Girl
Coffee Prince

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 26th, '09, 10:42

Boys over flowers and Coffee prince didn`t interest me in first 2 episodes.
Already watched my girl

TKO

Post by TKO » Aug 26th, '09, 21:15

ditto to that...
Neliets wrote:Boys over flowers and Coffee prince didn`t interest me in first 2 episodes.
Already watched my girl

moonins

Post by moonins » Aug 26th, '09, 23:07

i can't think of any teen K-series beside the above mentioned, but you might enjoy HELLO MISS/LADY. I don't think there are many K-teen dramas..

There a re many teen Taiwanese comedies. My favorite is DEVIL BESIDE YOU. Another Rainier Yang comedy that is silly but cute is MISS NO GOOD.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 27th, '09, 06:35

there are more. For example(I`ve already watched) - I am Sam, Goong(yes, teen cause they were at the school too, weren`t they?).

Okey, then can someone atleast recommend some dramas where main characters have little bit over twenty?

Taiwanesse isn`t what i`m looking for. Their dramas are way too happy. lol

TKO

Post by TKO » Aug 27th, '09, 06:39

I like WItch Yo Hee & The Fool...
Neliets wrote:there are more. For example(I`ve already watched) - I am Sam, Goong(yes, teen cause they were at the school too, weren`t they?).

Okey, then can someone atleast recommend some dramas where main characters have little bit over twenty?

Taiwanesse isn`t what i`m looking for. Their dramas are way too happy. lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 27th, '09, 10:06

Thanks. You mean That Fool. I`ll definately watch it, looks pretty good. And Witch Yo Hee I`ve already watched. ;D

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 28th, '09, 00:40

I really love Japanese school dramas, but it seems there aren't that many Korean school related dramas out there. I've watched I Am Sam, Goong (if it counts) and Boys Before Flowers (they weren't in school much, tho). Does anyone have any recommendations?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 5th, '09, 17:31

A little bump for SSpiegel post. I'm still searching for stuff like that. ;]

Just watched Dal Jas Spring. Definitely recommend that. Save the last dance. Ending was just bullsh*t. Really hated that ending but drama was wonderful.

pwpmd

Recommended K-drama

Post by pwpmd » Sep 8th, '09, 18:39

By now, I've completely finished about 30 K-dramas.
And I cannot finished other several K-dramas because they are not interesting after I watched for 2-3 episodes.
MUST SEE dramas in my opinion are
1.) I'm sorry, I love you. : It's not a funny drama but a real intensive touching romantic love drama. You'll find very beautiful songs, the saddest plus heart-wrenching story but very touching, an unique unpredictable big surprise, and the answer about "How much love can affect our life?". This is the best drama in my heart. Don't miss it.
2.) My girl : It's a romantic comedy with a good plot . Lee Da Hye had very good acting in this drama. She'll blow your mind.
3.) Coffee Prince : It has a unique plot about conflict of love between a man and a woman which pretending to be a man. Loveliness of both lead actor and actress will control your heart. You'll smile and cry with them.

WORTHWHILE TO SEE : Save the last dance for me, My sassy girl ChoonYang, One fine day, Ice girl, Wuri's family, Goong, Vineyard man, Full house, Autumn in my heart, Only you, Three dad one mom, Cain and Abel, Swallow the sun, Hong Gil Dong, Boys over flowers, Loving you, Snow Queen, Robber, Super Rookie, Witch Yoo Hee, Prince's first love, Thousand years of love, My love patzzi, I really really like you

NOT WORTHWHILE TO SEE ; Strongest Chil Woo, Likable or not, Wonderful life, What happpened in Bali

NOT INTERESTING AFTER WATCH 2-3 EPISODES AND CANNOT FINISHED ; tree of heaven, Happiness, Hotelier, Sweet 18, Spring Waltz

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 10th, '09, 20:22

Just watched That fool/Accidental couple. I definately recommend this to everyone! I had a good laugh and still it was very romantic and sad sometimes. This is brilliant drama, in my opinion. It goes in my top5 for sure!

TKO

Post by TKO » Sep 11th, '09, 10:58

I finally gave coffee prince one more whirl and actually finished it....it was super slow to me in the beginning to the point I was ready to turn it off again, but as I watched more it actually got better...I wouldn't say its the best...it didn't emotionally pull me in like City Hall did...but I enjoyed it....soooooooooooo I need a new drama to check out. anyone? looking for romantic comedy. thx!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 11th, '09, 12:33

TKO, for romantic comedy i`d recommend :
1.That fool
2.I am SAM (i don`t know if it`s really romentic comedy but something like that)
3. Dr. Kkaeng

I can`t really decide what`s romantic comedy and what`s just a romance. But if you watched coffee prince and liked it, then you should definetely watch these too :
1. Goong
2. My girl
3. Dal Jas Spring

TKO

Post by TKO » Sep 11th, '09, 16:35

Ok saw all of your top 3 there. Gonna watch My Girl next. Thx!