[Discussion] Konkatsu! (Nakai Masahiro, Ueto Aya)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
chocoasaurus

[Discussion] Konkatsu! (Nakai Masahiro, Ueto Aya)

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 14th, '09, 21:27

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Konkatsu!

* Title: 婚カツ!
* Title (romaji): Konkatsu!
* Genre: romace
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 20 april 2009 - jun 2009
* Air time: Monday 21:00
* Theme song: n/a
* Official site: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/kon-katsu/index.html
* Annoucement: Sanspo

Synopsis

Amamiya Kuniyuki is the unemployed son of a tonkatsu restaurant owner. He finds a job that requires a married person, so he lies by saying that he has plans to marry, and he is forced to keep up the charade using Hida Haruno, a part-time worker from the restaurant. The relationship between the two is the key of this romantic comedy, though the series also focuses on family and friendship through Nakai's interactions with the other characters. --Tokyograph

Cast

Nakai Masahiro as Amamiya Kuniyuki
Ueto Aya as Hida Haruno

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 14th, '09, 21:48

Some random picts from Official Pages

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 14th, '09, 21:59

Nakai, Ueto star in upcoming drama about finding a marriage partner

Monday 13th April, 03:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

SMAP leader Masahiro Nakai, 36, and actress Aya Ueto, 23, will star in an upcoming Fuji TV drama called “Konkatsu!” – an abbreviated term for “kekkon katsudo” or “marriage-hunting,” coined in recent years to describe a pro-active approach to finding a marriage partner.

Nakai plays a man in his mid-30s who is devoted to his work and hasn’t given much thought to getting married, but suddenly finds himself out of a job amid the economic downturn. He considers working for the family “tonkatsu” (pork cutlet) business but finds an ad for a part-time position at the local ward office. The ad stipulates they are looking for someone who is already married, and the man lies in his application, saying he is. After this, he starts looking for a partner, and enlists the help of his friends, family and colleagues.

At a press conference to promote the drama, Ueto asked Nakai what three things he wants in a marriage partner, and he said: “I’d like a woman who goes to bed early, someone who can be by herself, and let me be by myself, and thirdly she has to be a good cook and make a good breakfast.”

Nakai returned the question and Ueto said: “He has to be diligent or serious, is polite, and can make me feel safe.” She also said that she wants to get married before she turns 30, and wants to master all the house chores.

It’s the first time for Ueto to play a leading role in the coveted Monday 9 p.m. slot, and it has been more than 10 years for Nakai. Tatsuya Ueda, member of J-pop group KAT-TUN, 25, and actress-celebrity Yumiko Shaku, 30, will also appear in the drama.

“Konkatsu!” will air from April 20.

Quoted from japantoday.com

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 14th, '09, 22:09

Yeah, we finally have a thread!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 15th, '09, 11:35

Fuji TV
Konkatsu! (婚カツ!)
Fuji TV, Monday 9:00pm, premieres April 20

Fuji TV has assembled a high profile cast and staff for its new Monday night drama series. SMAP's Masahiro Nakai plays the lead as the unemployed son of a tonkatsu restaurant owner. He finds a job that requires a married person, so he lies by saying that he has plans to marry, and he is forced to keep up the charade using a part-time worker from the restaurant (Aya Ueto). The relationship between the two is the key of this romantic comedy, though the series also focuses on family and friendship through Nakai's interactions with the other characters. KAT-TUN's Tatsuya Ueda is making his drama debut as Nakai's brother, while Ryuta Sato and Shosuke Tanihara play his friends.

Other Cast: Yumiko Shaku, Yukiya Kitamura, Ryo, Jun Fubuki, Isao Hashizume, Fumiyo Kohinata
Official Site: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/kon-katsu/

quote from: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Spring-2 ... 44818.html
Last edited by chocoasaurus on Apr 15th, '09, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

sistergirl

Re: [Discussion] Konkatsu! (Nakai Masahiro, Ueto Aya)

Post by sistergirl » Apr 15th, '09, 11:45

can't wait for this drama

citrone

Post by citrone » Apr 15th, '09, 15:19

Seems to be very promising. There are too many suspense and medical dramas recently. I love all dramas developed around food :)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 15th, '09, 15:24

Thank you very much ^^ It is great to finally having a place to discuss about it!!

Here i bring a little bit more to contribute :) They are Ueda centric but the you may all find it interesting

Promo around Tokyo

http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/18505.html

Presscon

http://community.livejournal.com/captain_u/89028.html

http://community.livejournal.com/captain_u/89354.html

Promo

Mecha Mecha Ikiteru

http://community.livejournal.com/captain_u/90213.html

http://community.livejournal.com/captain_u/90491.html

Waratte Iitomo SP

http://community.livejournal.com/captain_u/92148.html

In Magazines

http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/18205.html

From the official page (you can write a message if you know japanese :P)

http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/17292.html

Five days and counting!!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 15th, '09, 15:32

^
^ Very interesting. Thank you for sharing...
U are really a very fan of Ueda, ne!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 15th, '09, 20:34

^^ No problem, there many little bits about Konkatsu! here and there and all interesting :)

Yes i am, a big fan, he is really talented in many areas and a magnificent composer (not to mention so beautiful... ). For us Ueda fans this drama is something enormous since this will be his first "big" role on a drama, we are waiting for this eagerly! :D

By the way Fuji Tv is beguinning the new promo of Konkatsu! :) The main three actors promoting the start day.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 15th, '09, 22:16

Ah so, really want a HQ version of it...

Btw did you watch Waratte Iitomo Haru SP 2009? I couldn't stop laughing while watching it...
They were really enjoying the games. Konkatsu!'s team answered too many difficult questions and with AtaDan, they competed side by side, and I really didn't want to chose the winner...

Finally, AtaDan won, but Konkatsu team played very well too. :wub:
Especially Tanihara Shosuke, he made every body surprised with the "Ice Cream" answer, even Toma, who gave the puzzle.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 16th, '09, 14:14

Yep, i watched live :) Though i missed a bit of the start because it started around my lunchtime :P

They played well(and i giggled with Ueda's "stick people" XD love it everytime he shows his drawing skills) but i would have liked them to win, though i don't know if that would have been fair with Nakai as host lol

Konkatsu! Fuji blog is open by the way 8) And i wonder what the small pig has to do in everything XD

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 16th, '09, 22:31

Some more pics from Konkatsu's page.
It's for the trailer of eps 1

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 17th, '09, 20:15

The official page has been updated with a short interview of Ueto Aya, it includes a couple of pics

noop

Post by noop » Apr 18th, '09, 10:40

wow .. first Nakai dorama in so long!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 18th, '09, 11:10

ImageImage

credit images: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/kon-katsu/index.html

Aya :wub: she looks lovely as always :wub:
Wonder how will be the story? As it's a gekku drama, hope many amusing things.

Dunno if Nakai and Aya will make a nice couple :wub:

PiaHawk

Post by PiaHawk » Apr 19th, '09, 05:40

I'm really excited about this drama, I love Nakai. And Tanihara Shosuke.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 19th, '09, 16:17

It seems there is going to be some kind of Kokatsu SP this April 20 and 14:00 pm Japan time acording to Tsuyaka

http://tsuyaka.livejournal.com/20974.html

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 19th, '09, 20:41

Yay! Will someone record it?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 20th, '09, 02:56

No idea but i got some caps from keyhole from Mezamashi this morning

ImageImage
ImageImage

Ah yes and the official page is working fully now :) Puffy sings the main theme :lol

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Apr 20th, '09, 03:11

I honestly do not like the two leads very much (though I do not hate them), but the cast list for this drama is really something. Looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll pull in good ratings and reverse the recent trend of really low drama ratings. It looks like most of the dramas apart from BOSS are still having pretty lackluster ratings this season. (BOSS also had a pretty star-studded cast, so that would probably explain its good ratings, which I honestly would have expected better from if it was like a year ago.)

Dashling

Post by Dashling » Apr 20th, '09, 09:30

Low-quality recordings for the live Mezamashi and Tokudane promos (Nakai Masahiro and Ueto Aya) and Nakai's interview on Super News, as well as the drama preview special. :)

090420 Mezamashi TV (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?mwdmzkwy1ot
090420 Tokudane (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?gakciezojz0
090420 Super News (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?yadlleu23gn

Konkatsu! Just Before Broadcast SP (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?rmzmy0hulzz

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 20th, '09, 14:50

Thank you very much, even if it is LQ at least we can see it! :D

mitch179

Post by mitch179 » Apr 26th, '09, 14:46

Aya-chan is so cute. I loved her in Attention Please and I love her in this too, even after just one episode.

Really can't wait for the rest of this.

I think Nakai and Aya look cute together too.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 26th, '09, 15:40

I really enjoyed the first episode. The cast seems to be having fund and I think it is a nice atmoshpere.

I like the fact that we get a good glimpse on how it works in nowadays Japan to find a partner. Of course not everyone looks for a partner like this, but Konkatsu and the various types of gou-kons are definitely becoming more and more important. Even some of my friends think about doing Konkatsu...^^

And then of course, Tat-chan is love!
His smile!
His cute face while sleeping!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Apr 26th, '09, 18:46

Arghhhhhhhhh, I dun understand jpnese... so I watched it but...
Have to wait for the engsub, though.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Apr 26th, '09, 20:39

I thought the cinematography (or the drama-equivalent term) was pretty good. (Apparently it was directed by Suzuki Masayuki who did shows like Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, Hero, GTO, Shomuni and Long Vacation.) I absolutely love the character intro tags with the deep-frying SFX used. :thumleft: It worked pretty nicely with the subtle humor that went along throughout the show.
Only thing displeasing was the wedding-congratulation party that seemed a bit draggy and exaggerated. It almost seemed like it was celebrating Nakai's return to the drama acting scene after a good 4 years. :whistling:

Overall it was good, not impressive, but good. I guess ep1 was purely introductory for everyone and everything in the story to appear. Hopefully the pace will pick up in ep2.

roxygurl

Post by roxygurl » Apr 27th, '09, 14:57

i cant wait to watch it with sub!

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Apr 28th, '09, 09:40

Hi all! :salut:

This drama seems to be quite good and promising. Do you know if there's a team who will sub it? I've looked for it but haven't found yet... :cry:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Apr 28th, '09, 11:37

Rollins will be subbing it.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 28th, '09, 20:02

I'm really enjoying this series so far. Nakai's presence in the dorama is quite weak, but other actors are backing him up properly. Even Ueto Aya is doing very well IMO.

Especially episode 2 was really funny for me, I burst out laughing a few times. What I noticed was that it had a exceptionally good pace. The director for this also did "Koi ni Ochitara", which is one of my favorite series, and this one has the same feel, I love it :thumright:

The 11.2% viewership rating was suspiciously low though... Ueto Aya effect again? I would've thought Nakai had more "numbers" than that, especially since it's been years since he starred in a dorama. There wasn't even a competing program at other stations in the same time slot :unsure:

Hope the low rating won't affect the production crew.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 28th, '09, 22:08

8thSin

You have to think that this days are not exactly the best ones for SMAP...

Anyway i get what i want from this drama, though i'd love to have a little more XD but no complains so far.

All the secondary actors are doing great. I don't know why but there have already been several dramas where i find the secondaries more entertaining to follow than the main characters

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 29th, '09, 03:47

Ginoru wrote:8thSin
I don't think what happens to SMAP right now is related to KonKatsu's ratings. People aren't just into this kind of drama anymore, seem like they weren't interested with this drama since the beginning, remember that even the first episode was only 16.3%... Nakai's last drama 5 years ago, Suna no Utsuwa, first episode had 26% rating. So maybe they prefer mystery and dark type of dramas more. Esp. for Nakai. Despite his variety show personality, he's just not cut out for a comedy drama.

I've only watch the first episode. While the directing is awesome and entertaining (same one who was in charge of HERO too, btw), the script is quite poor. So I really hope it picks up in the 2nd ep. I agree that Nakai's presence in this drama is weak.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Apr 29th, '09, 07:17

8thSin wrote:Hope the low rating won't affect the production crew.
Can you elaborate?
yanie wrote:I've only watch the first episode... the script is quite poor.
You should check out ep2. I thought the one with a series of scenes connected with a shiritori-like script was pretty cool. So were the scenes that almost had "the cat out of the bag", might I add that they were hilarious too.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 29th, '09, 07:20

And basically ratings are lower for doramas nowadays.
It's an overall trend and even Japanese newspaper started commenting on it.^^ (sorry, can't find a link now, it was the online version of a Japanese newspaper)
I am not too worried about the ratings.

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 29th, '09, 14:26

I really enjoy the first episode of the dorama, pretty interesting, and a couple of my favourite actors and actresses. Can't wait for more and just a shout out to Rollins, keep up the good work on the subs!

:D

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 29th, '09, 20:30

yanie wrote:
Ginoru wrote:8thSin
I don't think what happens to SMAP right now is related to KonKatsu's ratings. People aren't just into this kind of drama anymore, seem like they weren't interested with this drama since the beginning, remember that even the first episode was only 16.3%... Nakai's last drama 5 years ago, Suna no Utsuwa, first episode had 26% rating. So maybe they prefer mystery and dark type of dramas more. Esp. for Nakai. Despite his variety show personality, he's just not cut out for a comedy drama.

I've only watch the first episode. While the directing is awesome and entertaining (same one who was in charge of HERO too, btw), the script is quite poor. So I really hope it picks up in the 2nd ep. I agree that Nakai's presence in this drama is weak.
Same sentiment here - not impressed w/ ep.1 but still hoping that it'd get better. No dice as ep.2's situation comedy is so forced and contrived that it made you doubt the IQ level of the writer. Most of the stuff you can see from a country mile away so when the payoff finally arrived I just couldn't crack a smile. I'm not impressed w/ the director either as his style is very old school and outdated, in fact the best episodes in Shikaotoko are the ones that he didn't direct (and he almost ruined the ep. where the kendo tournament occurred).

Gokudera

Post by Gokudera » Apr 30th, '09, 00:21

Hmm, not sure about this one. It's been a long time since I watched a drama starring Nakai Masahiro. Ep.1 was... good, though I didn't really like the story nor the script. But I think it will get better eventually (It should with aya's presence, lol).

PPPeace

Post by PPPeace » Apr 30th, '09, 09:33

Pity to hear about the poor ratings and script, but I'll at least check out the first episode. Shaku Yumiko is :wub:

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » May 1st, '09, 09:19

chokubi wrote:Rollins will be subbing it.
Thank you for the information. =)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 1st, '09, 09:40

Ah, Ep2 IS better a bit, but I still think the pace is slow. Seem to me, there was an adlib here and there, coz Nakai was being sooo Nakai in a certain scene^^

The directing is old school? Well, I love HERO alot, so I love KonKatsu's directing as well (although my most favorite directing style at the present time is Majo Saiban / Liar Game, I have to say :P)
I didn't expect for Shigeru to have feelings for Haruno now. I thought he'll after Shaku Yumiko until the last episode XD So will it be a Haruno-Shigeru pairing now? Kuni-Haruno-Shigeru love triangle? Yeah right... and I thought they were friends XD I hope Kuniyuki gets married with a new female character he actually meet thru the KonKatsu activity, in the end :D

meowthy

Post by meowthy » May 4th, '09, 06:31

whats the role of ueda here aside from being a younger bro for nakai? thought he is going to be paired up with aya. im watching the reruns right now at fujitv. i only based my understanding thru wikipedia and daddicts lol. aya is pretty!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » May 4th, '09, 10:33

^ He'll probably just help Nakai at hard times...

Ueto Aya's character obviously likes Nakai's character, they'll probably end up getting married in the end :P

meowthy

Post by meowthy » May 4th, '09, 10:38

^hi, im referring to Ueda Tatsuya (KATTUN) and his older bro or aniki is Nakai. :] I know that Aya will be paired up with Nakai here. I think they were an item in real life? am i right??

cant download the subs. my drive is full ^^ and i just browse the channel it just so happen that i saw it on air ^^

meowthy

Post by meowthy » May 4th, '09, 12:54

watched the 3rd ep tonight. i think its becoming more interesting--at least for me hehe~
the yoga part at the start is funny and is UEDA playing a gay role? i saw him doing cutting the hair of that guy who likes Aya. lol

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » May 4th, '09, 13:09

Nakai and Ueto are no couple in real life as far as I know.Nakai was talking about relationships quite openly and he said that he prefers to be alone or hang out with male friends. He said he can't bear with a woman for more than 2 days^^

citrone

Post by citrone » May 4th, '09, 13:51

I do not bother slow pace but really I do not get the point in this drama! Is this drama really a comedy or romantic-comedy? There are things! happening but overall idea that or motive is not there at all! Plot for the series seems to be written for some other show!

People may be paired at the end but how they get paired is also very important. Ep 1 is a total waste... 5min summary is enough to express everything happened in the episode!

Anyway I still hope the series will get better...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 4th, '09, 14:13

meowthy

Ueda plays a hairdresser, which is not necessarily gay.

Nakai has been with Koda Kumi for a long time now.

citrone

I admit i am only watching to see Ueda but for me most dramas never really tell things clearly until episode 4 or so.

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » May 4th, '09, 16:03

i love the story of epsd 1..i think it's a quite intersting & funny drama..now looking for epsd 2 with english sub..hope rollins sub it soon ^^

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '09, 16:32

I have to admit, i dled this drama's ep1 just because i saw shosuke Tanihara's name in the cast list. i love Aya but to be honest, she really did not shine in the 1st ep. she was hardly there to be noticed.
and one more confession, it was very slowly paced that i fell asleep in the middle of watching. so i really can't rate this ep until i finish it tonight.
one thing i really loved was the whole place that they live in. specially when it was quiet and windy and cloudy day. it was so nostalgic. i can imagine myself sitting on those stairs for hours. :roll

PiaHawk

Post by PiaHawk » May 4th, '09, 23:44

sato ryuta is really stealing the show. he's third in the credits, but so far he's had the most interesting storylines and been the most fun to watch. could just be b/c i'm watching the raws and am missing things . . .
yappari, nakai and ueto seem more like siblings than anything. their relationship is cute tho, whatever it is. actually, i thought the yuki-yuko pairing was nice (nakai and shaku yumiko) but it didnt go anywhere :(

meowthy

Post by meowthy » May 5th, '09, 11:45

@Ginoru: thanks for clarifying about ueda and aya lol. ^^i wasnt really sure about nakai and aya. im more of 30% sure yay. but i really know that aya is involved with a famous person as well. im not sure who it is.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 5th, '09, 14:20

PiaHawk

You are right, he is really amusing to watch :)

meowthy

No problem :)

Ueto is with another JE guy Morita Go from V6, well, they are they leave it they go back.... LOL

In case you wondered too, Ueda is rumored to have a girlfriend for the past 8 years.

Love to have Yamaguchi Sayaka around here too

meowthy

Post by meowthy » May 6th, '09, 12:05

@Ginoru:This is probably OT so i will put it in a spoiler box lol.
yay finally i remembered that name, morita go lol. wooot UEDA is involvedd. wow that's actually even more amusing. thanks! :)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 12th, '09, 20:42

Aaa finally they gave a step forward! It took them time.... but i was happy with ep 4 :P got more Tatchan to see 8)

meowthy

We have a drama full of already compromised actors XD
Ueda's girlfriend has been something known for years already, he even slipped it in SC when Kt were still not debuted, what is amazing is that they have been toguether for so long and never caught, i guess that's the good point on dating someone non related to entertainment...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 13th, '09, 14:46

Kazama Shunsuke in Ep4!! What a nice surprise!!!

nad067

Post by nad067 » May 13th, '09, 15:08

omg this is like the slowest dorama ever..hehehe..luckily i kindalak aya

roxygurl

Post by roxygurl » May 13th, '09, 23:31

i really love this drama! i dont think it is slow!

nasi_tambah1

Post by nasi_tambah1 » May 14th, '09, 00:58

I enjoy watching this series. I'm looking forward to watch the next episode

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 15th, '09, 15:10

Spoilers to episode 4:
Ueto and Sato are totally stealing the show, love this pairing! It looks like she said no to his proposal though...yeah, I'm sure that would happen in real life. He's just the hottest, funniest, nicest guy in the show :P I could care less about that Kuniyuki guy lol. Need the subs to flesh out the story tho lol.

Fav part so far is Sato combing his eyebrows LMAO
Lovin the show so far XD

Madsen

Post by Madsen » May 15th, '09, 16:22

I also agree that Konkatsu! is anything but slow. The pacing is actually quite elegant. So far I've only seen the first two episodes but I'm already loving the show. Aside from the great acting from all involved parties, the camerawork and editing is first rate too.

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 20th, '09, 07:44

spoliers to ep 5:
i don't want to say that ueto's character is stupid, but she is! hopefully someone can clear this up for me, but it seems like she is in love with kuniyuki's character? i dunno, i don't get it. that guy's about as interesting as tepid water. blargh.

is sato ryuta doomed to unrequited love? the same thing happened in utahime...and gachi boy...lol so sad
funny hearing the "irasshaimase!"

PiaHawk

Post by PiaHawk » May 20th, '09, 23:58

ep5.
Aw, I like Kuniyuki. Yeah he's a little boring, but I thought he was really endearing messing around with Makoto's kids. Also, I think it's a nice balance for a couple to have one hyper person and one laid back person.

That being said, Kuniyuki/Haruno has made NO progress so far, it's ridiculous! It was obvious since the first episode that she was in love with him, and he still doesn't seem interested in her. Maybe I just shouln't have assumed they would be 'the couple' in this drama.

Question: is the jerk in the glasses trying to close down the whole street, or just the tonkuni shop? Or neither?

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 26th, '09, 03:52

PiaHawk wrote:ep5.
Aw, I like Kuniyuki. Yeah he's a little boring, but I thought he was really endearing messing around with Makoto's kids. Also, I think it's a nice balance for a couple to have one hyper person and one laid back person.

That being said, Kuniyuki/Haruno has made NO progress so far, it's ridiculous! It was obvious since the first episode that she was in love with him, and he still doesn't seem interested in her. Maybe I just shouln't have assumed they would be 'the couple' in this drama.

Question: is the jerk in the glasses trying to close down the whole street, or just the tonkuni shop? Or neither?
I don't hate him, it's just he's so bland lol I can't even muster up any strong animosity towards him because I'm so indifferent to his character. The only person I really dislike is Yuko, mainly cuz I don't like the actress. Even then, I want all of them to find a mate and live happily ever after muahahaha

I agree about the Kuni/Haru relationship, not seeing any chemistry there. I'm guessing it's cause they're pushing the Kuni/Kyo pairing, which works much better.

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » May 30th, '09, 19:28

I am more and more curious about takumi's bandage it's in a different position everyday. What is he hiding underneath that? he is very suspicious but funny?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » May 30th, '09, 22:56

isbes83

That was somehow explained in the last Episode XD and it's rather funny :lol

mokudekiru

Post by mokudekiru » Jun 9th, '09, 22:41

Has anyone watched episode 8 yet? I just saw it :D
I'm liking Haruno a lot. Though I really don't see what she sees in Kuniyuki (you guys are right, he is pretty boring), she's a little childish and gets jealous, and adorable. Kuniyuki is pretty dense not to figure out why she is always upset...

The substory with ku-cho is just getting weird though... what was up with that attack??

PiaHawk

Post by PiaHawk » Jun 11th, '09, 13:57

Yeah I saw ep 8 too
And I thought the stalker subplot was a waste of time. I could care less what happens to that lady, but the big guy who works for her is funny. Can't stand the guy in the glasses, I don't get why Yuko is so into him.
I really liked the way they filmed Haruno waiting on those steps, surrounded by couples. And she looked so cute when Kuniyuki found her. Hopefully Kuni can get it together now that he knows she likes him.
And how sad is Shige position right now? And why do so many Jdramas have this love triangle, with the funny friend who doesnt get the girl, and the quiet guy who does? I like this drama's take on it more than most, just because Haruno's character is so refreshing. Kinda makes me wish Ueto Aya had starred in Hana Kimi . . . :whistling:

mokudekiru

Post by mokudekiru » Jun 11th, '09, 15:16

@PiaHawk:
And I thought the stalker subplot was a waste of time. I could care less what happens to that lady, but the big guy who works for her is funny. Can't stand the guy in the glasses, I don't get why Yuko is so into him.
I know, who gives a crap about ku-cho anyway?? She's just the employer of Kuniyuki, and a kind of overbearing and threatening one at that. Whatever. Somehow glasses-guy meets the requirements of Yuko, but I'm not sure why. He doesn't seem particularly rich or have good connections (after all, he works at the same office as Kuniyuki & friends, who she so outright rejected). The tall guy is pretty funny though, and props to the lady who kicked ass on the stalker.
really liked the way they filmed Haruno waiting on those steps, surrounded by couples. And she looked so cute when Kuniyuki found her. Hopefully Kuni can get it together now that he knows she likes him.
Yeah this was really cute! Especially having lived in Japan, there are tons of places with stairs that people just kinda chill at like that -- sure they're not *all* full of couples, but to Haruno-chan, waiting for Kuniyuki, it certainly would have seemed that everyone else there was in a couple. Poor girl!
Haruno's character is so refreshing. Kinda makes me wish Ueto Aya had starred in Hana Kimi . . .
Hey, I would have done anything for a break from Horikita Maki... :crazy:

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Jun 11th, '09, 15:21

GOD, I'm only watch the first episode and read all the spoil until episode 8 >.< what the....!?!?!?!?
hehehehe ^^

tarobz

Post by tarobz » Jun 14th, '09, 06:06

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the drama!!! Just watched ep4 with sub and I burst out laughing many times. The most interesting dorama in many many seasons I would say.

Breena

Post by Breena » Jun 14th, '09, 06:39

I have been watching this dorama and I actually like it!
I heard it's has not very good ratings in Japan... a pity. Great cast!!

mokudekiru

Post by mokudekiru » Jun 14th, '09, 07:26

Well it looks like ratings are not that high and dropped off after the first episode or two, so I guess people aren't enjoying it that much... but I do have at least one friend there who is watching it, so I'm kind of surprised to hear that it's not that popular...

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Jun 14th, '09, 09:25

i have watched epsd 3 of this drama.. i like the plot of the story..so unique story & make me want to watch the next epsd ^^ do not know why the rating is not good >_<!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 14th, '09, 16:11

mokudekiru wrote:Well it looks like ratings are not that high and dropped off after the first episode or two, so I guess people aren't enjoying it that much... but I do have at least one friend there who is watching it, so I'm kind of surprised to hear that it's not that popular...
I can see why. It's an OK drama but can get boring in some scenes. i am watching it becasuse of Tanihara and i find Kuniyuki kind of boring guy. if this drama did not have any good actors, its rating would be even less. Sato is always a delight to watch and i think he is the one keeping the drama alive
it is annoying how kunyuki does not have slightest idea about how haruno feels about him.
but this drama, does have its good moments and that's why i am watching it.