RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 8th, '08, 05:31

Fuu wrote:As painfully superficial as this sounds , do you know any dramas with the lead actress being as attractive as Kim Tae- Hee? I simply cannot feel "connected" to a character whom I don't find particularly attractive in appearance. As long as the drama's plot isn't appalling , I'll give it a go. Kim Tae-Hee simply looked gorgeous in Love Story in Harvard. Thanks :)
My Girl and Full House, the girls are very pretty and can act well.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 13th, '08, 09:02

Hello guys, can you recommend recent good Korean dramas, the last one I have seen is Bad love and I did not enjoyed it much.

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Sep 15th, '08, 03:57

darkliquids2 wrote:i'm looking for a non-romantic comedy.
or just something a guy would definitely enjoy

ive seen hong gildong, the devil, in-soon is pretty, witch yoo-hee.

I appreciate any recommendations.
Non romantic will be an excellent comedy drama but very way TOO underrated:-

Evasive Inquiry Agency

A detective kind of story. Very impressive indeed.
Last edited by anastassia on Sep 15th, '08, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Sep 15th, '08, 04:01

BozoBear wrote:Hihi,
Im New to K-drama,but i want to try some

can anyone recommend me any K-drama that have this genres?
Romance <-- Important
Comedy
School Life <-- not that important

Best if the plot have something like...
Step-brother/sister... Childhood friends... highschool friends..

i like puppy love stories X_X :cheers:
Romance: I'm Sorry I Love You. A very untypical Korean drama with a marvelous directing.

And SOMEDAY. It is not so popular since it been aired in cable and when it want to be air on national channel it has been bought by other company. But is has received high compliment from aznv tv viewers and international review. A kind of Korean Japanese drama with a catchy songs and beautiful sketches.

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Sep 15th, '08, 04:10

BOGCHI wrote:
violetflower wrote:Thanks for the many suggestions! I already watched Love Contract some time ago. And I've heard a lot about Autumn in my Heart. I don't know if I'll watch it because I already spoiled it for myself a long time ago by reading online what happens in the end of the drama. But I'll definitely see Soul Mate. The summary I just read of the drama sounds very much like the ideal of what I'm looking forward to seeing right now. Thanks a bunch! :)
If you're looking for something tragic.. Soulmate is not the way.
Soulmate is great, but it's not tragic. Try I'm Sorry I Love You.. now that's TRAGIC..
Bet me gal!!!!!!!!!!

YUP!!

I LOVE LOVE CONTRACT and I"M SORRY I LOVE YOU IS A MUST WATCH!! :w00t:

SOULMATE
is another Korean drama other than 9end Two Cuts and SOMEDAY ( is the greatest based on the reviews except it is not well known because it is on cable ) which has an excellent plot, storyline and script.

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Sep 15th, '08, 04:21

Tearless wrote:Can someone please recommend a few dramas that is kinda like, mystery, psycological or thriller? I just have seen japanese dramas with these genre! I really enjoyed, Death Note (anime), Puzzle, Galileo, Liar Game and Mop Girl. :wub: But now I want to see some korean. :D
I Higly recommended THE DEVIL, TIME BETWEEN DOG AND WOLF and RESURRECTION not at all like your ordinary drama. :thumright: :thumright:

beefbowl

Post by beefbowl » Sep 15th, '08, 06:12

belleza wrote: Sandglass (the seminal SBS "event drama")
Eyes of Dawn (also considered to be the greatest drama in the history of Korean drama)
i saw sandglass. i'm still trying to find eyes of dawn torrent. my wife tells me eyes of dawn was really good. today's dramas just don't measure up to the level of these earlier dramas. the cinematography, writing, story, and acting are impressive.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 16th, '08, 01:19

Just finished Bichunmoo. Fabulous. I think I'm now a full wuxia/historical/period drama convert after watching Jumong, EOTS, Seodongyo, DaeJoYoung, etc. and now Bichunmoo. The action, drama, adventure and story telling are just breathtaking. There's hardly a dull moment, even though they may be two or three times longer than the average drama series. I have always been watching this genre of drama, among all others, but now I think this is going to be at the top of my list.

ah-pi

Post by ah-pi » Sep 16th, '08, 15:29

I'm been watching a few episodes of a Korean periodic police drama called BSG Police. It's only on for 30 mins on Astro's CH313. I like that drama very much, but unfortunately it has only Chinese subs. My efforts to find out more about this drama have drawn a blank since there doesn't seem to be any drama with this title. SOS, anyone?

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Sep 18th, '08, 09:52

Just finished ILJIMAE starring LEE JUN KI and its... TONS OF FUN !! loads of action, interesting characters and Lee Jun Ki of course :roll

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Sep 22nd, '08, 11:36

junebaby wrote:Just finished ILJIMAE starring LEE JUN KI and its... TONS OF FUN !! loads of action, interesting characters and Lee Jun Ki of course :roll
yes, me too just finished Iljimae. it was really GREAT!! :lol the storyline is very interesting, eventhough the ending is quite confusing to me. but it remains as a really must-watch kdrama and i recommend it to everyone. :thumright:
in average, the national (Korea) rating was 23.2% and 23.4% in Seoul~!! :w00t: :w00t:

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Sep 27th, '08, 16:00

That's 별순검/Byeolsungeom/Joseon Police. Pilot+original series ran for 5 eps in 2005, then they made a 20 episode cable version with different actors (probably what you're watching, split in two parts), and the second season of that (again, with completely different actors) is starting next weekend.

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Sep 27th, '08, 21:26

Dae Jan Geum is the best. Not only is the story so good...but it has a great ending too.

kiser

Post by kiser » Sep 28th, '08, 22:24

Friends - the first thing I watched Won Bin in and actually the sole reason why I love him. I started Autumn tale, but I'm not really one for sad dramas and probably won't finish it. I hate that he's always so ... tortured in that drama. Anyway, friends is a really good mini drama and I like the storyline.

Heaven's Tree - the sole reason why I hate sad endings in dramas, but it's still one of the best dramas I've seen. The whole cast is amazing and the story is great.

Golden Bride - My first daily type drama. I'm only on ep45, but it's really good so far. It has romance, angst, comedy - everythign that makes a great drama.

Virgin Road - one of the best jdramas I've watched. It tops Pride for me (which I love). Watch it, you won't be sorry!

Yeng Ye 3+1 - So, after this drama I've fallen in love with Ming D and now I'm watching Frog Prince. He's such a great actor. If you like TWdrama plots that are a bit typical, but still delivered with it's own flavor, you'll love this.

Garo - amazing series. These types are my guilty pleasures!

Kamen Rider 555 - If you like live action or you've seen Garo, I think this will attract you as well.

--
If anyone knows anymore dramas that are similar to Virgin Road please tell me about them. I like plots like that.

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Oct 12th, '08, 05:20

soulmate was a huge disappointment. :glare:

kiser

Post by kiser » Oct 13th, '08, 16:35

ParadiseLost wrote:soulmate was a huge disappointment. :glare:
I tried watching that a few montha ago because everyone kept raving about it. I gave up after the first episode. Didn't like the main girl. She rubbed me the wrong way and that rarely happens.

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Oct 18th, '08, 07:05

White Tower is another impressive drama.

Try read dramabeans.com

She is very intelligent reviewer of Korean dramas.

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Oct 21st, '08, 14:06

soulmate was a huge disappointment. Glare

I tried watching that a few montha ago because everyone kept raving about it. I gave up after the first episode. Didn't like the main girl. She rubbed me the wrong way and that rarely happens.

It gets good after the first few episode so you have to watch on. It's just like My Name is Kim Sam Soon. apparently it gets good after the 5th episode at least that's what my friend said. I gave up after the second ep because i thought i would get better but it was just too unbearable for me.

Iki_Iki_Banaan

Post by Iki_Iki_Banaan » Oct 27th, '08, 15:46

I have seen a lot kdrama and i totally love the romantic comedies. But I think I've seen almost all the "famous" ones.. does anyone have recommandations?

I have seen:
Dal Ja's Spring ****
Full House ***
Goong ****
I Am Sam **
My Girl *****
My Name Is Kim Sam Soon *****
The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince ****
Three Dads One Mom *****
Who Are You ***
Witch Yoo Hee ****

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:45

Shindo Hikaru wrote:soulmate was a huge disappointment. Glare

It gets good after the first few episode so you have to watch on. It's just like My Name is Kim Sam Soon. apparently it gets good after the 5th episode at least that's what my friend said. I gave up after the second ep because i thought i would get better but it was just too unbearable for me.
yeah someone told me the same thing, but I am at episode 6 and its truely unbearable.

also whats up with everyone liking full house?!?!?!?! Thats another one that I just don't get why its so great. I stopped at like the 8th episode. SHG and Bi = ok couple but terrible characters. My Girl is waaaaaayyy better than Full House. Oh well, Il stop ranting and post my list soon ^_^

toasted_cream

Looking for Comedy Dramas

Post by toasted_cream » Nov 2nd, '08, 18:45

I'm a big fan of Korean comedies and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend some dramas?
The ones I've watched have generally started out as great comedies and end as great romances which I like a lot better than a serious story from the beginning.
Ones I've watched and liked so far are:

Coffee Prince
Dal Jas Spring
Fireworks
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
Hong Gil Dong
My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
Que Sera Sera

Any recommendations?

xxemz19xx

Post by xxemz19xx » Nov 2nd, '08, 19:15

Fantasy Couple/Couple or trouble: It's a must see!!! I totally recommend this one its laugh out loud funny and the added bonus of a great romantic plot :D

Single Dad in Love: again a must see it has both comedy and romance :D

I can't think of any else at the moment but hope these 2 dramas are the sort of thing your looking for :mrgreen:

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 4th, '08, 10:01

Similar to your list, you might like:

Full House
Fantasy Couple
Sweet 18
My Girl
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang
My Love Pattzi

Many more but check out my website http://goldlilys.110mb.com/drama_col.html for more of my recommendations.

toasted_cream

Post by toasted_cream » Nov 4th, '08, 15:32

Cool - thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it
I'm now in the process of getting

Fatasy Couple
Full house
My girl
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang

and I'll check out the rest too!
Thanks again!

Vanilla_Spider__x

Post by Vanilla_Spider__x » Nov 7th, '08, 04:15

I for one couldn't stand My Girl. Full House was one of my first Korean Dramas- so I stand by it. <3 And Soulmate was really good! There -better- be a second season because the only thing I didn't like about it was the ending. D:
List time!

Favorites.

- Lawyers of Korea (So adorable and funny! And dramatic too! Great characters, Great OST, AWESOME writing. It was just about everything I like in a drama and nothing that I dislike. AKA: No one dying from a terminal disease.)
- 9 Ends and 2 Outs
- Dal Ja's Spring (All time favorite- I've watched it at least four times.)
- Love Marriage
- My Name is Kim Sam Soon (I actually bought the box set. )
- I Really Really Like You (I love Lee Min Ki so much! And he was so great in this.)
- Vineyard Man (I think this was way better than Goong- which got boring halfway through the series.)
- Coffee Prince (Yeah- it's mentioned on almost every single page. But I really do love it. Yoon Eun Hye is my favorite Korean actress, right above Eugene.)
- Lovers
- Lovers in Paris
- Hello! Miss
- Last Scandal
- Exhibition of Firework
- Soulmate
- 18 Vs. 29

Mirooo

Post by Mirooo » Dec 7th, '08, 22:06

MUST WATCH

my girl :wub:
coffee prince :cheers:
last scandle :wub:
full house :D

OK DRAMA

my name is sam soon
single dad in love
sad love story

STAY AWAY!

my sister in law is 19
winter sonata

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Dec 26th, '08, 04:35

I need a quick recommendation, I just finished watching I am Sam and am looking for a good classy / love comedy / youth drama like IAS and "My Girl!" and others like it (I am SAM > My Girl i.m.o.)

Have Seen:

Lets go to school Sang Doo!
Hello Miss
Tazza (fell apart 3rd episode)
FIGHT (episode 1 was ok.. I can guess the plot)
H.I.T

(can;t remember the name ATM) this drama with a guy named "Yoo Gwan-Pil" and something about president's son and body guards - this was an enjoyable one.

Im in need of more School / love / comedy type dramas... help me out. Im a d-addict and need my fix of "D" :roll

dutame

DADS IN ACTIONS...

Post by dutame » Dec 26th, '08, 07:35

i just finished watching 3 DADS 1 MOM...this drama is quite different from the other korean drama n i luv to watch all those three cute dads taking care of the baby (especially JAE HEE)
lots of funny scenes n all the characters are developed quite well.hope u enjoying it too!!!

now i'm watching HELLO MISS n still not finish watching it yet.think that this drama is quite entertaining so far..

freack

Post by freack » Dec 27th, '08, 09:54

I think everyone must see TIME BETWWEEN DOG AND WOLF ..I loved it It is in my top list now

mjf

Post by mjf » Dec 27th, '08, 11:15

Heart of 19/ Pure 19: it makes you cry & also it makes you laugh too, be patience with the first episode
perhaps skip the first 1and just read the story line from wikki for the brief understanding,
it's rather long but it's worth watching
Hello God a good story but ending is a little bit sad though it's not disappointing
lawyer of korea it's really different from the other dramas

mrvx
Malaysia

Post by mrvx » Dec 29th, '08, 02:39

mjf wrote:Heart of 19/ Pure 19: it makes you cry & also it makes you laugh too, be patience with the first episode
perhaps skip the first 1and just read the story line from wikki for the brief understanding,
it's rather long but it's worth watching
Hello God a good story but ending is a little bit sad though it's not disappointing
lawyer of korea it's really different from the other dramas
where can i donwload this series...???

FallingAngel

Suggestions

Post by FallingAngel » Dec 31st, '08, 20:14

Sorrie if this is in the wrong area, but i didnt see any other place for it. I just watched Sex is Zero and I really liked it, so basically i'm just looking for some suggestions on any J or K comedy's. If anyone has any suggestions please help me out

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Dec 31st, '08, 20:30

djkrzy

Post by djkrzy » Jan 4th, '09, 19:16

is there any drama with rich girl and poor guy

senseikid

Post by senseikid » Jan 9th, '09, 01:03

Hello everyone I'm new here, but happy to be here!
Can anyone recommend me any good Romance - Comedy dramas(they're about the only kinds I watch). I don't really like those sad love stories (except STH) and I dislike historical dramas. I'm sort of new to the drama scene so maybe I'll get into them later.

Ones I've Already Watched
Attic Cat (my first drama)
Full House (My all time favorite)
My Girl
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Goong (Also one of my all time favorites)
Stairway to Heaven(Doesn't really have comedy in it, but i just had to watch it xD)
Coffee Prince
Sweet 18

Ones I started, but didn't enjoy
The World that They Live In (Was excited for the cast, but was disappointed)
The Vineyard Man (I love Yoon Eun Hye so much, but couldn't get into this one)
Witch Yoo Hee
Harvard Love
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang

Das_Phantom

Recommendations for a newbie

Post by Das_Phantom » Jan 24th, '09, 23:43

Didn't know where to post this since i wanted recommendations for any good dramas.

I've watched a lot of Korean Cinema lately and loved films like 3 Iron, Ing, A moment to remember, The Classic, Friends, Sassy Girl etc . Though i haven't watched any dramas except for random ones on KBS when i'm flicking through the channels, but the channel hopping actually made me want to watch some Korean Dramas. I've looked up some good Korean Dramas to watch, but i thought it would be a good idea to ask people who have already watched these shows and to find out about Dramas from different countries

This is the list of KDrama's i've made up
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Thank You
Yellow Handkerchief
Loss Time Life
Snowflower
Loveholic
First Wives Club
Only You
Dae Jo Yeong
Dae Jang Geum
Immortal Admiral Yi Soon Shin!

What do you think ? Also any other recommendations would be great :-)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 10th, '09, 11:13

Looking for a Kdrama which has a combination of action, mystery, less romance (I know most Korean dramas have romance but the main topic shouldn't be that), not comedy, like more serious tone

For example, I've already watched:

All In
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Capital Scandal
and Resurrection

Tried watching The Devil, but I still couldn't stand Joo Ji Hoon's horrible acting so I watched Maou instead :D
Also not Evasive Inquiry Agency because I'm trying to get passed first episode on that (it seems too lame and the case was about a cat?!! :glare:

Any recommendations?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 10th, '09, 12:09

Hello, I was wondering if there is any good thriller, action or mystery kdramas? I've tried searching d-wiki but for some reason i've only seem to find love/relationship type dramas. I've been watching a lot of kmovies and was hoping if they're any action dramas somewhat similar to that of Public Enemy or mystery like like Shadows in the palace, or with similar themes? Thanks for any help ^^

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Feb 18th, '09, 03:51

Lobbyist is action Kdrama about state security and terrorism in Central Asia,
watch it then u'll like it :cussing:

xrevealx

Post by xrevealx » Feb 18th, '09, 04:54

i highly recommend Time Between Dog and Wolf
its very different from other dramas i've seen. i liked the plot a lot :D
im about to watch Iljimae, another lee junki drama :wub:

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Feb 18th, '09, 05:38

Just finished Time Between Dog and Wolf. Took about four days. It's really good, (REALLY GOOD) but it's what you expect from an asian drama:
everyone's connected to everyone somehow. if there's an antagonist, he's your love interest's brother/father/boyfriend. and somehow he killed your mom/dad/brother/sister
. It reminded me a lot of Iljimae (I even made a list). But Lee Jun Ki gets some awesome action in it. Absolutely gorgeous kicks--I think I like him more for his fighting than his looks.

Finished Iljimae a few days before I started TbD&W, and I kind of like it, but the acting on my nerves. Everything made Lee Jun Ki's character go into super angst mode--it's understandable, considering the circumstances, but I guess it was too much to watch all at once (which is how I usually watch dramas) (Does anyone know if The Return of Iljimae is any good? I know it's not a sequel, just another version.)

Finished 1st Shop of Coffee prince over the winter hols, and I really absolutely loved it. It was so adorable, and I loved every single actor, even though the lead guy wasn't my taste in the looks category (his acting was superb, in my opinion, especially in the beach scene...)

Finished My Girl over the winter hols, and I kind of liked it. It was funny, but I found it kind of frustrating. I don't know why, but I didn't like the lead girl (watsername?) very much. I did like Lee Jun Ki though...but he only got to fight in like what, two scenes?

Tried watching The Vineyard Man, and I don't know where I stopped...it just seemed kind of...banal. Yoon Eun Hye was mightily disappointing, especially since I watched it right after Coffee Prince.

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon was good, too. Funny enough, but the lead guy frustrates me, since he can't make up his mind. The pig is very cute, and it's the thing that stands out most in my mind.

Starting watching Goong, liked it, but I couldn't find episodes on the internet and I haven't got money to buy it...I'm seeing if I can get my cousin in Korea to buy it for me...as a gift...

Any recommendations? I don't like romantic comedies so much, I really liked the action kind...especially if Lee Jun Ki is in it...and I liked Coffee Prince, but I'm not sure why. It had a good balance between dramatic, funny, and sad. And every character was lovable. So yes, those are my recs, and hopefully you guys can suggest something good...?

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Feb 18th, '09, 06:27

garnet07 wrote:Also not Evasive Inquiry Agency because I'm trying to get passed first episode on that (it seems too lame and the case was about a cat?!! :glare:
Ahhhhh you're picking on one of my absolute favorite shows!!! :O :lol

Evasive Inquiry Agency builds up slowly into something much MUCH bigger than a case about a cat, but there are certainly times when it seems like not much is happening...and then later on you realize that things were actually happening, it just didn't seem like it at the time. It's a great show if you like considerable quirkiness, and one of only two K-dramas that I've really really loved (the other being Coffee Prince). (Not that I've seen THAT many K-dramas, but I have seen a fair number.)

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Feb 20th, '09, 03:56

Hi guys, how's Goong S, is it good?

Dalheah

Post by Dalheah » Feb 20th, '09, 04:11

Goong S is good but not as good as Goong

dymples

Korean Dramas

Post by dymples » Feb 20th, '09, 05:03

hello everyone, I'm new here. I just want to share the korean dramas I've seen.

ALL ABOUT EVE
MY GIRL
FULL HOUSE
LOVERS IN PARIS
FORBIDDEN LOVE/GUMIHO
SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME
SANGDOO LET'S GO TO SCHOOL
TIME BETWEEN DOG AND WOLF
SWEET SPY
STAINED GLASS
BAD LOVE
TREE OF HEAVEN
SNOW QUEEN
WHO ARE YOU?
WITCH YOO HEE
LOVE STORY IN HARVARD
MY SASSY GIRL CHOON YANG
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
SAD LOVE STORY
SMILE AGAIN
SPRING WALTZ
COFFEE PRINCE

MY FAVORITES ARE :D

FULL HOUSE
LOVERS IN PARIS
FORBIDDEN LOVE
SANG DOO LET'S GO TO SCHOOL
LOVE STORY IN HARVARD
TIME BETWEEN DOG AND WOLF
SWEET SPY
TREE OF HEAVEN
MY SASSY GIRL CHOON YANG

aNaStAsIa7

Post by aNaStAsIa7 » Feb 27th, '09, 19:20

ParadiseLost wrote:
Shindo Hikaru wrote:soulmate was a huge disappointment. Glare

yeah someone told me the same thing, but I am at episode 6 and its truely unbearable.

also whats up with everyone liking full house?!?!?!?! Thats another one that I just don't get why its so great. I stopped at like the 8th episode. SHG and Bi = ok couple but terrible characters. My Girl is waaaaaayyy better than Full House. Oh well, Il stop ranting and post my list soon ^_^
I'm with you Paradise Lost. Love My Girl but can't stand Full House. Must took a couple of breaks have several days to get through it (since I want to know the ending). All the screaming by Rain really get to my nerves. Now, i'm wondering if I should watch soulmate since we seem to have the same preference

L24

Post by L24 » Feb 28th, '09, 03:12

Ive been looking for a new good drama to watch with romance and comedy with good/happy ending.

The thing is mainly the love triangle is 2 male 1 female. Im looking this time for 2 female 1 male type.

Does not just have to be triangle, but I wanna see some jealousy from the female lead. Be it in a comedic way and also in a dramatic way but not always at the same time.

I know about My Girl and will start to watch it soon.

sorry for being picky but it is not easy.

sistergirl

my favorite korean dramas

Post by sistergirl » Mar 7th, '09, 06:58

my girl,delightful chun-hyang,when it's at night,boys over flowers,and my name is kim samsoon.

bluegirl07

Re: my favorite korean dramas

Post by bluegirl07 » Mar 7th, '09, 07:19

mine are.......sweet18,really really like you,exhibition of firework,green rose,witch ma,on air,only you,3dads 1 mom,to marry a millionaire,love letter,night after night,and boys over flowers.

kejtyo

Post by kejtyo » Mar 15th, '09, 18:20

Hi guys , I love Goong :) for me is one of the best dramas I've ever watched. I just finishd watching A Love to Kill but I was a bit disappointed with the ending ;/ could you recommend me sth really good? thx in advance :*

echalee

Post by echalee » Mar 17th, '09, 07:32

hai..hai.. i'm so new here. hehe.. it's so nice to join here. i hope that i can know u as a friend. can we?? hehe

k-dramas that i ever watched

Bad Love
Smile Again
The first shop of coffee prince
Goong
Goong S
Full house
My Name Is Kim sam Soon
1 Mom 3 Dad
I Love U
Run Mackarel
Sassy Girl Chun Hyang
Kid's Gang
I am Sam
and..hm..i forgot. hehe..mian..

and the most i like
Bad Love
Full House
Coffee Prince
Full House
Run Mackarel
and now Boys Before Flower.

sistergirl

discussion(life is beautiful)

Post by sistergirl » Apr 1st, '09, 04:19

i heard this drama is good. kim rae won and ha ji won.

sukkee!!

Post by sukkee!! » Apr 2nd, '09, 13:47

just watching time between dog and wolf..
and i love it!
im still searching serious tone of drama like dog and wolf, green rose, love to kill, resurrection..

any recommendation?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Apr 6th, '09, 04:43

sukkee!! wrote:just watching time between dog and wolf..
and i love it!
im still searching serious tone of drama like dog and wolf, green rose, love to kill, resurrection..

any recommendation?
The Devil, LaDolce Vita

wantse094

Post by wantse094 » Apr 6th, '09, 05:09

My list now would definitely include Kkotboda Namja/Boys Over Flowers/Boys Before Flowers. :lol

kitty_1434456

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE ROMANTIC COMEDY KDRAMAS???

Post by kitty_1434456 » Apr 7th, '09, 06:58

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE ROMANTIC COMEDY KDRAMAS???

I really love watching romantic comedy korean dramas!

Tell me!!!

What's your TOP 3 ROMANTIC COMEDY DRAMAS???

Here's mine:

1. MY GIRL
2. BOYS OVER FLOWERS
3. PRINCESS LULU- THIS DRAMA IS SO UNDERRATED!!! YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS DRAMA!

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Apr 7th, '09, 07:38

Successful story of a bright girl [the genesis of light drama comedy dramas]
Attic Kat
My Girl [so many could take this spot but the leading lady so just too cute to resist ]

petitchou

Post by petitchou » Apr 7th, '09, 12:01

L24 wrote:Ive been looking for a new good drama to watch with romance and comedy with good/happy ending.

The thing is mainly the love triangle is 2 male 1 female. Im looking this time for 2 female 1 male type.

Does not just have to be triangle, but I wanna see some jealousy from the female lead. Be it in a comedic way and also in a dramatic way but not always at the same time.

I know about My Girl and will start to watch it soon.

sorry for being picky but it is not easy.
i am trying to recall two girls, one guy dramas and it is so hard! usually it is two guys, one girl.
our attitude to prepare parting/rules of love has a lot of jealousy from the female lead.
my name is kim sam soon has quite a bit of female jealousy as well.
get karl! oh soon jung
wedding

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Apr 7th, '09, 18:23

1. My Name is Kim Sam Soon
2. Coffee Prince
3. Lawyers of the Great Republic of Korea (The lead male and his driver made this drama. Overall, it was not very good, but I laughed from beginning to end)

fuzibunni

Post by fuzibunni » Apr 11th, '09, 10:08

Must Watches are:
1. Boys Before Flowers --> I was a bit skeptical when I first began watching this because I've seen every other version in every other language but the korean one, is by far the best version I've seen. I've also read the manga and I must say, this drama is creative while still sticking to the original story; though I knew what the end results and the main points of this drama, it kept me guessing throughout the entire thing. This was a great drama and I would recommend it to anyone. 5 stars from me.

2. Coffee Prince --> The first few episodes were a bit hard for me to endure, but once I got past those, this was one of the best dramas I've ever seen. It was a wonderful plot with characters that could make you laugh and cry. 5 stars.

3. Full House --> My review for this one is a bit hazy as I saw it a while a go, though it still deserves to be a Must Watch. All I can say is that this drama had a good plot and was nicely executed and also had one of the best endings ever. Most dramas leave you hanging with a sense of incompletion, possibly waiting for a sequel? Though I know this series has a sequel coming out, it left me with a sense of completion instead of normally, with other dramas, I'd still be waiting for the actually ending.

Ones that would be good to watch are:
1. I'm Sorry, I Love You
2. My Girl

petitchou

Post by petitchou » Apr 12th, '09, 18:32

my top 3 romantic comedy k-dramas:

1. coffee prince - i love this drama, it was the first i actually started watching before the subtitles were completely finished and i would go completely crazy in between releases.

2. goong - my first k-drama and still in my top three.

3. dal ja's spring - i mostly base my favorites being dramas i would watch more than once, this one definitely held up a second time.

really really like you, fantasy couple, and my name is kim sam soon are my honorable mentions.

jklee369

Post by jklee369 » Apr 15th, '09, 03:03

I'm kinda new to Korean drama and was wondering what people would recommend and found this page, so I thought I share my views as well.

If you ask me what I like I would say I like the serious action stuff like "East of Eden" and "Time Between Dog and Wolf"(This got me into Kdrama)
However I also like the love stories where the main characters have to overcome sooo many hurdles to be together, be it a happy or sad ending. Such as "Snow Queen" and "Spring Waltz"
I also like the really touching stories that make you feel all emo as one they tend to have a great plot and secondly they have an amazing OST like "One Litre of Tears" (I know its s Jap drama, but was wondering if there any Korean Drama like that)

Also if there a good looking actress then that would be a bonus lol

Other drama that I have seen and would recommend to others are:

Iljimae (Ancient Robin Hood, but better)
Jumong (Great historical drama with amazing visual effects)
Boys Before Flowers (Good Comedy)
My Girl (Good Comedy)
Im Sorry I love you (Really good sad romance comedy)
Sad Love Song (Another good romance)
Tree of Heaven (Wow the acting of the actress is amazing at only 16 I think - Romance drama)
Boys over Flowers (Good happy drama for a change, no one dies at the end lol)

What I have seen

Winter Sonata (A bit slow for my liking and wasnt sure what with all the hype)
Full House (Good at the start, but fail to deliver in the end. Again did not meet all the hype)
Beethoven Virus ( I only watched this cos Lee Ji Ah in it lol)
Coffee Prince (Good comedy, love the main character played by Yoon Eun Hye)

What I want to watch (Would appreciate other views on this list)

Green Rose (Watching atm but losing interest at 4 episodes)
Stairway to Heaven
All In
Summer Scent
Golden Bride (Better be good as its long lol)
Queen of the Game
La Dolce Vita
Sweet Spy
The Devil
POWERFUL OPPONENTS
The Vineyard Man
Queen of the Game
Lovers in Paris
Sweet 18

To sum up, here are the must watch in my opinion

I'm Sorry I Love You
East of Eden
Jumong
One Litre of Tears (Japanese drama, but deserves recognition here)

Looking at the above list , I think its fair to say I like the action and emo dramas lol
Last edited by jklee369 on Apr 15th, '09, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

jervui

Post by jervui » Apr 15th, '09, 03:53

Full House -> best

sharangeo

Post by sharangeo » Apr 17th, '09, 18:44

CAIN and ABEL
EAST of EDEN

Lucko

Post by Lucko » May 2nd, '09, 11:50

my favourites! [must watch!]
Boys over Flowers, time between dog and wolf, Fantasy Couple

really really like them..[just not so much as my favourites.]
My Girl, Goong, I'm sorry i love you, Coffee Prince

middle:
Wonderful Life, Goong S[well at least that 8episodes i watchedXD], Delightful girl Chun hyang, Flowers for my life, Sweet 18

not good for my opinion:
Full House [ everyone like it. but it was waste of time for me ]

donburi

Post by donburi » May 2nd, '09, 16:44

I am completely new to K-Dramas, only have seen Taiwanese and Japanese ones.

I am looking for a bright and funny romantic comedy to watch.

I loved Hana Yori Dango (J), Hana Kimi (J and TW) and Kimi wa Petto (J).

Any recommendations for a really funny and cute romantic comedy?
(I don't want anything sad- I generally don't like those)

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » May 2nd, '09, 18:23

donburi wrote:I am completely new to K-Dramas, only have seen Taiwanese and Japanese ones.

<3 kimi wa petto different story line and liked the characters. Arg! i gotta get time to post my fav K DRAMAS! :lol

donburi

Post by donburi » May 2nd, '09, 18:26

ParadiseLost wrote:
donburi wrote:I am completely new to K-Dramas, only have seen Taiwanese and Japanese ones.

<3 kimi wa petto different story line and liked the characters. Arg! i gotta get time to post my fav K DRAMAS! :lol
Kimi wa petto was perfect for me. Happy ending yet not SO stereotypical
great characters, good-looking leads....*sigh*

blaze45

Post by blaze45 » May 7th, '09, 17:04

hi there how yuou doin

blaze45

Post by blaze45 » May 7th, '09, 17:16

ok

angel333

Post by angel333 » May 12th, '09, 19:51

Can somebody recommend very good Korean detective drama.
Thank you

random_me

Post by random_me » May 12th, '09, 19:59

jklee369 wrote:I'm kinda new to Korean drama and was wondering what people would recommend and found this page, so I thought I share my views as well.

If you ask me what I like I would say I like the serious action stuff like "East of Eden" and "Time Between Dog and Wolf"(This got me into Kdrama)
However I also like the love stories where the main characters have to overcome sooo many hurdles to be together, be it a happy or sad ending. Such as "Snow Queen" and "Spring Waltz"
I also like the really touching stories that make you feel all emo as one they tend to have a great plot and secondly they have an amazing OST like "One Litre of Tears" (I know its s Jap drama, but was wondering if there any Korean Drama like that)

Also if there a good looking actress then that would be a bonus lol

Other drama that I have seen and would recommend to others are:

Iljimae (Ancient Robin Hood, but better)
Jumong (Great historical drama with amazing visual effects)
Boys Before Flowers (Good Comedy)
My Girl (Good Comedy)
Im Sorry I love you (Really good sad romance comedy)
Sad Love Song (Another good romance)
Tree of Heaven (Wow the acting of the actress is amazing at only 16 I think - Romance drama)
Boys over Flowers (Good happy drama for a change, no one dies at the end lol)

What I have seen

Winter Sonata (A bit slow for my liking and wasnt sure what with all the hype)
Full House (Good at the start, but fail to deliver in the end. Again did not meet all the hype)
Beethoven Virus ( I only watched this cos Lee Ji Ah in it lol)
Coffee Prince (Good comedy, love the main character played by Yoon Eun Hye)

What I want to watch (Would appreciate other views on this list)

Green Rose (Watching atm but losing interest at 4 episodes)
Stairway to Heaven
All In
Summer Scent
Golden Bride (Better be good as its long lol)
Queen of the Game
La Dolce Vita
Sweet Spy
The Devil
POWERFUL OPPONENTS
The Vineyard Man
Queen of the Game
Lovers in Paris
Sweet 18

To sum up, here are the must watch in my opinion

I'm Sorry I Love You
East of Eden
Jumong
One Litre of Tears (Japanese drama, but deserves recognition here)

Looking at the above list , I think its fair to say I like the action and emo dramas lol
Sweet 18.. The bestt.. Funny drama :D
Stairway to heaven.. Good drama, good couple, the best also, but sad tho .. lol :lol

Alienriceball

Post by Alienriceball » May 15th, '09, 05:52

Hey everyone!! I am looking for a good kdrama to watch. I have been looking through all these pages and kind of seen the same things over and over again for suggestions. The thing is that I have seen most of them or they really don't appeal to me.

I really like romantic comedies and period dramas. For example, Hong Gil Dong..is by far the best kdrama I have seen to date. It has comedy, good action scenes, REALLY good political story lines, and really really good acting. I am a big fan of Kang Ji Hwan. I would like to find a similar drama like this one.

Others I liked: Coffee Prince, Full House, Hello! Miss( I really liked this one also), I'm Your Teacher( I watched this because Big Bang's TOP is in it, I must say ..it was ok..goes slow.) and Goong.

I do like more dramatic ones also...but not the uber uber depressing ones. I need to have some kind of comic relief. lol

So please help me out, I really love kdramas and NEED to watch moree! :D

kimster=)

Post by kimster=) » May 19th, '09, 00:45

Hmm.. my suggestions other than the usually 4 ( my girl, full house, MNIKSS, Goong) Would be:

1.) Iljimae ( wasnt a big fan of historical dramas but it was extremely good!)
2.) Hong gil dong. ( watched this because of iljimae and it turned out even better, was funny and had an actual story line that was other than the typical love story)
3.) Three dads and one mom ( just finshed watching it, it was funny and sad and sweet and cute )

I've watched alot of dramas and it takes alot to actually keep me interested.. and without fast forwarding but these dramas, kept me entertained. iljimae may be hard to get through in the beginning but keep watching it it gets waaaay better!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » May 19th, '09, 00:59

Alienriceball wrote:Hey everyone!! I am looking for a good kdrama to watch. I have been looking through all these pages and kind of seen the same things over and over again for suggestions. The thing is that I have seen most of them or they really don't appeal to me.

I really like romantic comedies and period dramas. For example, Hong Gil Dong..is by far the best kdrama I have seen to date. It has comedy, good action scenes, REALLY good political story lines, and really really good acting. I am a big fan of Kang Ji Hwan. I would like to find a similar drama like this one.

:D
Capital Scandal; lead actor is Kang Ji Hwan. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It's definitely a romcom as well as a thriller/action series.