7%
Only if you have time (2)
4%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 294

troublard

Post by troublard » Oct 26th, '06, 20:22

thtl wrote:About the monologue at the beginning of episode 1. I checked the novel (I brought it for the day I learned enough Japanese to actually read it) and would like to clarify a few things:

1. Company means exactly that - Kei's place of employment
2. 'Waterfront' was not a metaphore, it's a location

I'll need a very heavy session with my dictionary to understand any more. :whistling:
Yes you are right, its kaisha (company) and waterfront is an actual waterfront a very fashionable place.

the error came from the 26 .... the real sentence is :

Now It's actually 6 oclock in the evening and I'm indeed still at the office. Therefore the possibility of noticing the sunset has ended. (I know it's a really bad english, I'm French !guys :whistling: )

ima yugata rokuji nante mada kaisha ni iru daro, soshitara yuyake nante kizukanai to owatchimau

The following sentence has no such thing as two years ago in it....

Unfortunately my company who is at the waterfront with a fashionable whole-glass-made front-side is too much far away (besides other things - tooi + shi).
zannen nagara boku no kaisha ha waterfront toka no zenmen garasubari no shareta toko toha hodo tooishi

I hope it's clear now ... :mrgreen:

The monologue is just to set the plot before the real flash back that is the whole dorama.

thtl

Post by thtl » Oct 27th, '06, 00:40

I wonder what made our compatriots thought Kei was unemployed? There was no mention of Sae in the monologue, or in the introducing paragraphs of the novel. I wonder too whether they were still together at that point in time.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 27th, '06, 01:07

thtl wrote:I wonder what made our compatriots thought Kei was unemployed? There was no mention of Sae in the monologue, or in the introducing paragraphs of the novel. I wonder too whether they were still together at that point in time.

You mean Kai?

thtl

Post by thtl » Oct 27th, '06, 01:23

itachi666 wrote: You mean Kai?
Yes of course. I stand corrected.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Nov 9th, '06, 03:31

Anyone else dissapointed at the last couple of episodes? I kind of got the feeling that everything was being rushed, and the conclusion left me with this bittersweet feeling. It was really hard for me to feel much emotion seeing the Orange Society (especially Kai and Sae) back together and being happy. Don't get me wrong, Orange Days was shaping up to be one of my all time favorite dramas, but somehow, the last couple of episodes just killed it for me...

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 9th, '06, 03:43

for me i personally loved Orange Days. its one of my fav.. its been watched multiple times already.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Nov 9th, '06, 04:04

dee8o8 wrote:for me i personally loved Orange Days. its one of my fav.. its been watched multiple times already.
same here! :D
I thought it had one of the most fulfilling J-dorama ending (most of them are quite disappointing)

yukino2002

Post by yukino2002 » Nov 11th, '06, 07:59

TIticamara wrote: If you like Orange Days, you will probably love the writer Kitagawa Eriko as she is the one who wrote us the masterpiece. Her CV includes long vacation, overtime, award winning beautiful life and many more. I suggest you go to this link and try to get all her dramas.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kitagawa_Eriko
Wow, I didn't know Kitagawa Eriko had so many good doramas under her belt. Of the ones listed, I've seen Orange Days, Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, Beautiful Life, Long Vacation and Asunaro Hakusho. I think Asunaro Hakusho is probably the most similar in terms of genre because it is also about college students forming a group of friends and the drama that ensues. I would say that the ending of Orange Days is a little more satisfying than Asunaro Hakusho.

aero love

Post by aero love » Nov 11th, '06, 20:37

After a marathon watching of episodes 7-11 last night, I have to say that Orange Days is by far the best drama I have seen so far. I thought it was great that there were storylines for each of the characters and that the other members of the Orange Society weren't just fillers. :)

ButterCake

Post by ButterCake » Nov 16th, '06, 01:15

I heard that Satoshi and Kou are dating? Is that true?

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 16th, '06, 04:05

in real life??????

aero love

Post by aero love » Nov 16th, '06, 05:29

that's what it says on her wiki *shrug*

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 16th, '06, 05:54

ButterCake wrote:I heard that Satoshi and Kou are dating? Is that true?
Not really sure, but the last I heard, Tsumabuki was dating gravure idol/talent Yuka.... :unsure:
Shibasaki and Tsumabuki will be co-starring in a movie slated for release next year though, so I guess anything is possible...

dee8o8

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 16th, '06, 20:11

found this on Japan Zone.March 2006

it read-
• Yesterday's issue of weekly magazine Friday published more photos "proving" the romance between actor Tsumabuki Satoshi (25) and actress Shibasaki Kou (24). The photos, taken at the beginning of this month, showed the couple in Tsumabuki's car after a dinner date in Tokyo. The two have been rumored to be dating for several years, since they co-starred in the drama series "Orange Days" in 2004. Shibasaki was spotted leaving Tsumabuki's Tokyo home last September and the two recently spent a month in New Zealand filming the movie "Dororo". Tsumabuki has previously been linked with talento Yuka (25), while Shibasaki has been said to be involved with Da Pump vocalist Issa (27).

wow .. guess theyre trying to keep it on the down low...

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Nov 16th, '06, 20:53

I picked life altering because it was my initial exposure to Japanese TV. I downloaded it by accident one day while on mininova, thinking it was a movie (it was 4.3GB). Later when I played it I was like :blink and just left it alone...a few weeks or months later, I had the worst hangover ever (it still holds that record), and I couldn't move at all. I could reach my DVD player and decided to pop in Orange Days. I watched the entire series in one day...slowly coming back to life...laughing, empathizing, etc... It totally got me through that hangover. And ever since then I've been a d-addict, looking for another Orange Days.

Nothing's lived up to it though...that's kind of sad. The ones that came close are GTO and Dating Now. But Orange Days will always be my favorite.

blinkiz

Post by blinkiz » Dec 6th, '06, 13:32

troublard wrote:
thtl wrote:About the monologue at the beginning of episode 1. I checked the novel (I brought it for the day I learned enough Japanese to actually read it) and would like to clarify a few things:

1. Company means exactly that - Kei's place of employment
2. 'Waterfront' was not a metaphore, it's a location

I'll need a very heavy session with my dictionary to understand any more. :whistling:
Yes you are right, its kaisha (company) and waterfront is an actual waterfront a very fashionable place.

the error came from the 26 .... the real sentence is :

Now It's actually 6 oclock in the evening and I'm indeed still at the office. Therefore the possibility of noticing the sunset has ended. (I know it's a really bad english, I'm French !guys :whistling: )

ima yugata rokuji nante mada kaisha ni iru daro, soshitara yuyake nante kizukanai to owatchimau

The following sentence has no such thing as two years ago in it....

Unfortunately my company who is at the waterfront with a fashionable whole-glass-made front-side is too much far away (besides other things - tooi + shi).
zannen nagara boku no kaisha ha waterfront toka no zenmen garasubari no shareta toko toha hodo tooishi

I hope it's clear now ... :mrgreen:

The monologue is just to set the plot before the real flash back that is the whole dorama.
I don't want to dig back to all the past discussions about this but just want to thank you both for clarifying it for me. I understand now :-)

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » Dec 22nd, '06, 05:14

This is one of my favorite drama because of the unique relationship between the two main characters... and they look darn cute together. The fact that they are dating in real life makes the drama cuter.

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Feb 7th, '07, 01:54

oh my gawd... why did I waste my time watching kdramas... a love story like orange days is far superior! :)

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Feb 7th, '07, 13:36

pankanshe wrote:This is one of my favorite drama because of the unique relationship between the two main characters... and they look darn cute together. The fact that they are dating in real life makes the drama cuter.
they're dating? Are you serious??

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Feb 7th, '07, 22:03

itachi666 wrote:
pankanshe wrote:This is one of my favorite drama because of the unique relationship between the two main characters... and they look darn cute together. The fact that they are dating in real life makes the drama cuter.
I've heard of this as well... They are both starring in the new CG action movie "Dororo" too.

I think they are a great couple :thumright:

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Feb 10th, '07, 08:21

did they ever explain the meaning of the circle symbol from the letter?

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Feb 18th, '07, 23:14

I personally think she sent him that letter because she wanted him to know she was doing okay(A circle in Japan means "okay" in certain situations) in Germany but at the same time she didn't want to rekindle any old feelings(plus it makes for a good drama :lol: ).

I love this show, I watched it again a second time recently and it was just as good as the first time.

7654321friend

Post by 7654321friend » Feb 19th, '07, 10:18

hmm... mayb the circle represents the orange he gave to her?
so she was planning to get married with the other musician guy, she meant to say she wanted to return the orange in the letter?

hmm... jus a guess :-)

myaku

Post by myaku » Jun 15th, '07, 08:09

anybody knows the classic song that sae played?
thank you so much..

melancholic witch

Post by melancholic witch » Jun 16th, '07, 01:45

i've always loved kou since i watched her amazing perf in good luck

SmiLeeGirl

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Jun 17th, '07, 08:37

myaku wrote:anybody knows the classic song that sae played?
thank you so much..
Partita No. 3 In E For Solo Violin - I have to find the link but someone wrote a nice critique about her playing.

Here it is :
http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php? ... &show=&st=&

Chopins Polonaise Op.53 - her piano comptetition music

BTW about the circle we were having another DQ on another forum abouthe same thing.

I think the group decided it might be like O = OK -- something about pressing the O to select instead of the X button on a playstation

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 26th, '07, 15:40

Does this have a sad ending? I can't bear to watch another sad ending story...

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 26th, '07, 15:58

fayewolf wrote:Does this have a sad ending? I can't bear to watch another sad ending story...

Orange days? Hmm...It was leading to a sad ending but then, there was a twist.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Sep 26th, '07, 16:07

shuurei wrote:
fayewolf wrote:Does this have a sad ending? I can't bear to watch another sad ending story...

yeah... so is it safe for me to watch ? I don't want to feel depressed afterwards, i was traumatized by 1 litre of tears. Thanks!

ayachan2007

Post by ayachan2007 » Sep 26th, '07, 16:18

8thSin wrote:
itachi666 wrote:
I've heard of this as well... They are both starring in the new CG action movie "Dororo" too.

I think they are a great couple :thumright:
They're really a couple??? Didn't knew that. But the drama was so good, I love it. I've downloaded Dodoro but haven't watched it yet. Have to watch it to see them again.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Sep 27th, '07, 10:05

fayewolf wrote:
shuurei wrote:

yeah... so is it safe for me to watch ? I don't want to feel depressed afterwards, i was traumatized by 1 litre of tears. Thanks!
yeah it's safe for u to watch..great show..don't miss it :thumright:

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Sep 27th, '07, 15:58

Love Angel wrote:
fayewolf wrote:
shuurei wrote:

yeah it's safe for u to watch..great show..don't miss it :thumright:
yes, it's safe to watch. it's a light drama with a couple of funny moments, and a lot of angst. lol! Watching it makes the heart warm, although there would be occasional tears courtesy of some really touching, loving moments. Don't worry, it's not a tragedy.

TheLyrics

Post by TheLyrics » Sep 30th, '07, 21:12

excellent drama.
one of my top 5

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Sep 30th, '07, 22:13

The only dorama with 14 sai no haha that I have watched 3 times. Def. one of the must-see jdoramas.

>TheLyrics : Maki with the nekko face paint is so kawaii !!

nyxed

Oh my goddddd

Post by nyxed » Oct 13th, '07, 02:06

Thank you so much, whoever inadvertently recommended this drama to me. XD I love it soooooo so much (but I'm only halfway through, so don't spoil anything =X)

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Oct 30th, '07, 20:38

does anyone know the name of the insert song in episode 10, when Sae looks at the drawing Kai made, and starts running to his house?

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Nov 1st, '07, 16:00

kyou_enna wrote:does anyone know the name of the insert song in episode 10, when Sae looks at the drawing Kai made, and starts running to his house?
Kururi - the rose flower. I think someone already post it in this thread.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Nov 5th, '07, 02:31

This is the second time I've watched this drama, it is probably one of my favourite japanese dramas. Satoshi Tsumabuki's acting is superb here and all the characters are developed very well, you can really feel the chemistry and friendship between the 5 friends. You have romance, friendship, university students trying to figure out their lives (just like I am), and people overcoming their own battles, what more can you ask for? I highly recommend this drama :D

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 17th, '07, 01:31

I just finished this drama. Took me awhile to even touch it, but when I did, wow. It's so great. :o

Beecubed

Post by Beecubed » Feb 29th, '08, 12:37

Best romance I've ever seen. My mum agrees.

Satoshi is such boyfriend material.

LOVED IT.

Shakia

Post by Shakia » Mar 6th, '08, 19:36

I know I have a long way to go when in comes to Japanese dramas, but so far so good...

Just finnished episode 8 of Orange Days, and I am scared to know what happens in the end!! I so need to know the ending, don't tell me that the girl dies... I'm already heartbroken of the thought of it!! Someone please tell me the ending!!!

epi

Post by epi » Mar 6th, '08, 19:42

Shakia wrote:I know I have a long way to go when in comes to Japanese dramas, but so far so good...

Just finnished episode 8 of Orange Days, and I am scared to know what happens in the end!! I so need to know the ending, don't tell me that the girl dies... I'm already heartbroken of the thought of it!! Someone please tell me the ending!!!
i have the exact same thought like you when i watched up to ep 8 ...
but it's a happy end and nobody dies ... :lol i know the plot is kinda misleading up to that point ... but you'll have a heart warming kind of feeling at the end of this series ... this is one my fav jdramas of all time ... i'm actually in the process of rewatching the drama again!! :D

Shakia

Post by Shakia » Mar 6th, '08, 19:49

epi wrote:
i have the exact same thought like you when i watched up to ep 8 ...
but it's a happy end and nobody dies ... :lol i know the plot is kinda misleading up to that point ... but you'll have a heart warming kind of feeling at the end of this series ... this is one my fav jdramas of all time ... i'm actually in the process of rewatching the drama again!! :D
Oh God, you almost gave me a scare!!! :pale:

Yeh, definitely something to rewatch!!! And he is so freaken hot, I so didn't know there were hot Japanese guys, untill I started watching Japanese dramas.... :wub:

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Mar 6th, '08, 19:54

u guys will make me re-watch the drama again :lol

I don't remembet if I said this earlier but I LOVED the ending of episode 7..such a memorable scene! :wub: it made me tear..

and yeah satoshi is Hot! :mrgreen:

Shakia

Post by Shakia » Mar 7th, '08, 00:52

I just finished it, I think I am in love.. :wub: Satoshi... *sigh*

The very last scene, his smile... :cry: This just became one of my favourite drama of all time.

Burak0101

Post by Burak0101 » May 1st, '08, 09:57

i thinhk the best scene is the last, where sae talks.......... :lol

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 1st, '08, 13:00

I agree that this is one of my favourite dramas. I feel in love with everything about it. Even learnt a bit of sign language to go along with it!

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 8th, '08, 01:05

though i haven't watch this yet, i'm planning to...

is this drama a good one..?
what kind of drama is it,anyway?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 8th, '08, 04:38

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Orange_Days
kinda says it all there... :unsure:

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 8th, '08, 18:56

i watched it one week ago or so and i found it really great.
although it's not one of my super-favourites i'd definitely recommend it to anyone... =')

meiji_

Post by meiji_ » Jun 15th, '08, 09:11

minamichan03 wrote:though i haven't watch this yet, i'm planning to...

is this drama a good one..?
what kind of drama is it,anyway?
Although it's just my opinion.. this drama is a GREAT one! (My favourite one of all time.)
And to sum it up in a nutshell it's about love and friendship.. just watch it! :lol

Charismaho

Song in episode 10

Post by Charismaho » Jun 27th, '08, 13:50

Does anyone know the song they play in the background when Sae discovers the picture that Kai drew to express a song in episode 10?

Thanks greatly appreciated =]

meiji_

Re: Song in episode 10

Post by meiji_ » Jun 27th, '08, 19:59

Charismaho wrote:Does anyone know the song they play in the background when Sae discovers the picture that Kai drew to express a song in episode 10?

I think you mean Quruli's Bara no Hana?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHV7W3LA

:-)

Charismaho

Re: Song in episode 10

Post by Charismaho » Jun 27th, '08, 22:02

meiji_ wrote:
Charismaho wrote:Does anyone know the song they play in the background when Sae discovers the picture that Kai drew to express a song in episode 10?

I think you mean Quruli's Bara no Hana?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHV7W3LA

:-)
NICE!! Thank you very much =]

DoubleL

Post by DoubleL » Jun 30th, '08, 02:31

Does anyone happen to know the name of the piece that Sae plays to audition for the job at the hotel, and while she's playing at the hotel? I've been looking, but cannot find it anywhere...and I love it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help. :D

noisia

Post by noisia » Sep 21st, '08, 22:24

DoubleL wrote:Does anyone happen to know the name of the piece that Sae plays to audition for the job at the hotel, and while she's playing at the hotel? I've been looking, but cannot find it anywhere...and I love it.

Première Arabesque by Debussy.

Sorry for the late reply, just browsing through the forum :s

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 22nd, '08, 03:58

Burak0101 wrote:
i thinhk the best scene is the last, where sae talks.......... :lol
Shouldn't you have used the spoiler tags (like I just did for your post?)?? :scratch:

DoubleL

Post by DoubleL » Sep 23rd, '08, 17:02

noisia wrote:
DoubleL wrote:Does anyone happen to know the name of the piece that Sae plays to audition for the job at the hotel, and while she's playing at the hotel? I've been looking, but cannot find it anywhere...and I love it.

Thank you soooo much. I was dying to know. Now I can try to find sheet music for it.

noisia

Post by noisia » Sep 23rd, '08, 18:02

DoubleL wrote:
noisia wrote:

Thank you soooo much. I was dying to know. Now I can try to find sheet music for it.
http://www.8notes.com/scores/2654.asp?ftype=gif

looooooool

ruthie24

Post by ruthie24 » Sep 27th, '08, 00:03

ORANGE DAYS is my fave japanese drama.

i watched it 3 times already.
the story is unique. (SUGOI!!!)
i became interested with sign languages.
i fell in love with kai-kun right away. (KAWAII!!!)
kou shibasaki is so adorable. (KIREI!!!)
the couple's sweet moments made me giggle a lot.

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT.....

lovenyc52

Post by lovenyc52 » Mar 28th, '09, 20:27

I've been meaning to watch this drama for awhile now, after i saw a fanvid someone had made but never got around to it. halfway into the first episode i was HOOKED and watched 3 in a row haha... and also DLed the soundtrack which is beautiful :o)

i've been watching a lot of silly doramas lately like hanakimi and mei-chan no shitsuji so i felt this would be a nice change of pace. plus, i love the lead cast!! they have such great chemistry with one another. can't wait to watch the rest and see how the story unfolds.

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Apr 2nd, '09, 21:47

^ yeah, me too. I started to be really interested halfway into the 1st episode. i don't get why some of my friends are still iffy even by the 2nd or 3rd ep.

though i have to say the latter part of the show wasn't that great, it was saved by a good ending scene.
i didn't like how sae got engaged to the other guy. she was so quick to give up on her relationship with kai >_<. and at first i thought it was all for her mom. but then she said her decision to leave for germany came because she thought kai wasn't true to her... and i was like ??? woman, you've got to be kidding me. i was so sure that she knew he loves her, from seeing how she was breaking into tears when he told her his love history would end with her being his last, and how desperately she was trying to tell him goodbye from the bus. those are not "you jerk, you cheated on me!" actions. so their fight at kai's work place after she came back was some new revelation for me. so in conclusion, i love love love kai for loving this woman. :wub:
i wish satoshi is in more dramas. i'm dying from kai withdrawal haha.

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Apr 7th, '09, 01:43

After I watched Nodame and saw Mine's playing spring sonata, and the orchestra scenes, the violin spiked my interest a little. However, it is the first episode of Orange Days where Sae played the Bach E major Partita that really pushed me over the edge and start learning violin! I'm now playing in an orchestra in my town because of this show, so.... I think it is considered Life Altering for me!?

3t3rnity

Post by 3t3rnity » Sep 6th, '09, 22:48

Does anyone know the name of the song that Keita uses in ep 7 and 8 on his mobile phone?

Hakugei

Post by Hakugei » Oct 11th, '09, 15:41

Just finished this Drama and I must say I totally love it! At first I didn't really like Shibasaki Kou but now that it's finished I'll definitly watch more with her in it.
The Drama itself is one of the best I've seen so far, along with the likes of Beautiful Life and such.
Anyone who hasn't watched it already should definitly do so!

hoochkkk

Two thumbs UP for Orange Days.

Post by hoochkkk » Jan 2nd, '10, 02:08

Excellent!!!

Off to see Yamamura Yukie in "Battle Royale(2000)".

lillamb33

Orange Days Song

Post by lillamb33 » Mar 13th, '13, 04:26

nicpkh wrote:Hei guy i need some help here... It about Orange Days song... Do you guy remember when the part when Sae find out about the drawing that Kai draw about "What type of music do you like?"... SOon after Sae see the drawing there is a song play...So i wanna to know who and what the song title? Can anyone help me please :D ARIGATOU KOZAIMASU :-) :-)
So I have been looking for it too, and it's called "Bara no Hana" by Quruli. =)

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 14:29

Nice dig, lillamb33!
This is also one of my top series. In fact, I got into playing the violin because of this. And also, it inspired me to learn Japanese sign language.
That SIGN song by Mr. Children was really addicting, don't you think so?

uzuki

Post by uzuki » Mar 5th, '14, 13:25

blinkiz wrote:My turn to ask for help here!!!

I've watched both JTV's subbed version of Orange Days (thank you JTV!) as well as those sold outside and I'm rather confused about the translations in Episode 1. I'm not trying to find fault here at all but I just wanted to clarify what was really being said in Ep 1, around 33 seconds to around 2 minutes, when Kai was doing his voiceover (before his interview at the office).

In JTV's version, Kai said that he was 26 and still unemployed. Something about how his company went to the waterfront 2 years ago.

In the other version, he said that it's past 6 (the time) or something, and he's still working. Hence, he's not able to watch the sunset outside because his company doesnt have those fancy windows.

Why this is important to me is because if it's as translated in JTV's version, it would mean very different things as to how his life turned out years after he graduated.

Anyways, I do hope that someone can help clarify. Thank you in advance!!!
Replying more than seven years after this was posted, I know, but as this is my favorite drama I couldn't resist.

Here's a link to the original Japanese of the monologue in question: http://app.m-cocolog.jp/t/typecast/14085/15963/487137

My rudimentary translation:

あの頃は夕日がよく出てたなあって思ってさ。
Back then, I thought the evening sun was often in the sky.
夕焼け色の空をよく見た気がするんだ。
I feel like I saw the sunset-colored sky a lot.
でも、それはこっちのせいでさ。
But, that was my fault.
今は夕方の6時なんてまだ会社にいるだろ?
Now it's 6 pm and I'm still at work, right?
そしたら、夕焼けなんて気付かないで終わっちゃう。
I don't have time to look at the sunset.
残念ながら僕の会社は、ウォーターフロントとかの
Unfortunately my company's not one of those fancy ones
全面ガラス張りの洒落たとことは程遠いしね。
with glass windows, overlooking the water.
でもあの頃はさ、4限が終わって、教室から出て、西門までの間、
But back then, after fourth period had ended and we got out of class and walked towards the west gate,
空の下を歩く僕たちを、もぎたてのオレンジみたいな夕日が、
the setting sun, like a freshly-picked orange,
否応なく照らすんだ。
beamed down on us.
クラスメートもみんな、夕焼け色に染まってた。
All of us classmates were dyed in the color of the sunset.
ま、そんなことはもちろん、あの頃は有り難がりもしなかったんだけど。
We didn't appreciate it at the time, of course.
だって、それ以上に大切なことがたくさんあった。
Because we had more important things on our minds.
友達とか、この先の人生とか、恋、とか。
Friends, our futures, love...
考えることが多すぎてね。
We had so much to think about.
例えば、就職とか・・・。
Like job hunting...

So, no need to worry about Kai's efforts during the drama being wasted and him being jobless at 26. At the unspecified time of this flashback, he does have a job. :thumright:

I'd like to add that I mean no disrespect to the fansubbers of Orange Days, thanks to whose monumental efforts I was able to fall in love with this wonderful drama when I couldn't speak Japanese. Even now after passing N2 I couldn't recognize some words in this monologue without looking at it written out (namely 4限!). And although I'm confident in most of this translation, I'm not a native speaker of Japanese and a few parts were ambiguous to me. I'm in awe of the effort it must have taken to sub the 11+ hours of this drama, as well as all the other projects they've done. Love JTV. :heart:

Hope this helps! :)