DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION (based on the Dragonball serie)

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Karate-ka

DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION (based on the Dragonball serie)

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 11th, '08, 16:14

trailer....

Ayumi Hamasaki has been confirmed doing the song for the movie...

Mo info
http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

Well it looked good interms of action but they changed the story(which is obvious) and im not hardcore on the guy who is playing goku...

AND DISCUSS

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Dec 11th, '08, 16:37

hope it wont be a failure like the other live actions... :D

moshter11

Post by moshter11 » Dec 11th, '08, 19:04

i hope it fails

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Dec 11th, '08, 19:09

WARNING, prepare to be disappointed.

noisia

Post by noisia » Dec 11th, '08, 20:50

Live Action Shonen doesn't tend to worrrrk.

Times

Post by Times » Dec 13th, '08, 09:59

It looks so embarrassing... :O

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 14th, '08, 10:20

Say if someone is japanese who is know online could you coment on this.
I would like to hear a opinion...

Tass

Post by Tass » Dec 14th, '08, 10:34

Kamehameha!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 15th, '08, 01:27

Um.... I know the guy who directed it is the guy who made Kung Fu Hustle... which is really funny. So, I'm guessing it's going to be silly!

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 15th, '08, 08:11

«minah» wrote:Um.... I know the guy who directed it is the guy who made Kung Fu Hustle... which is really funny. So, I'm guessing it's going to be silly!

WRONG, he is producing it...
James Wong is directing it, he directed the final destination movies(dont know which one) and THE ONE...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 15th, '08, 08:41

Karate-ka wrote:
«minah» wrote:Um.... I know the guy who directed it is the guy who made Kung Fu Hustle... which is really funny. So, I'm guessing it's going to be silly!

WRONG, he is producing it...
James Wong is directing it, he directed the final destination movies(dont know which one) and THE ONE...
Um.... sorry? My mistake. Well I don't think THE ONE was a bad movie so it may be half-way decent.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 15th, '08, 09:10

Yeah me too i like The One, but ive been tracking this movie and im not that all excited for it realy, they rushed it with filming...

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Dec 15th, '08, 12:55

lets just hope it would not be a crappy movie.. i dont want to see the image of this great series get tainted.. :-(

hideko

Post by hideko » Dec 15th, '08, 18:05

It looks like it will be entertaining enough to laugh at, at the worst. At best, it'll be an interesting AU adventure with some cool make up that will expose more people to Japanese pop culture through an American lens.

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what they do with it, good or bad.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Dec 16th, '08, 08:14

I saw the trailer and wow... umm can someone please explain to me why Piccolo is NOT GREEN?!?!?

That part baffles me the most and Goku... hmmm I think he needs bigger hair to somewhat pull it off.

Like hideko, I actually want to see how it turns out. I don't think I'll go watch it in theatres per se but I'm going to go in with very very low expectations and ignore the fact that this is the same Dragonball ANIME Dragonball and see how it goes.

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Dec 16th, '08, 08:31

Piccolo is light green.

screen shots can be found here. http://dbthemovie.com/

It's hollywood.. don't expect this movie to be like the manga/anime. Their target audience is everyone, not just the hardcore fan.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Dec 16th, '08, 16:33

Ahh thanks for the link, I guess the trailer just made Piccolo appear to be very pasty looking.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 16th, '08, 16:53

peachydomo wrote:Ahh thanks for the link, I guess the trailer just made Piccolo appear to be very pasty looking.
pasty looking? im sorry english is not my native laguage so i wonder what you mean?

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Dec 16th, '08, 16:55

Well it looked good interms of action but they changed the story(which is obvious) and im not hardcore on the guy who is playing goku...
From the trailer, the action looks cliche...typical hollywood... therefore not even worth downloading.

Not that I use the Internet for downloading movies :whistling:

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Dec 16th, '08, 17:42

Karate-ka wrote:
peachydomo wrote:Ahh thanks for the link, I guess the trailer just made Piccolo appear to be very pasty looking.
pasty looking? im sorry english is not my native laguage so i wonder what you mean?
Pasty looking as in his complexion is chalky white, so he looked very, very pale.
Does that help? :unsure:

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 16th, '08, 18:01

peachydomo wrote:
Karate-ka wrote:
Pasty looking as in his complexion is chalky white, so he looked very, very pale.
Does that help? :unsure:
Okay thanks...

Kr0n0s

Post by Kr0n0s » Dec 17th, '08, 08:32

this is a joke ... goku is not even asian ... and i thought forbidden kingdom was bad

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Dec 17th, '08, 14:51

Kr0n0s wrote:this is a joke ... goku is not even asian ... and i thought forbidden kingdom was bad
Yeah he is saiyan i agree. he can be any other ethnics but i prefer asians...

plus if you look around on youtube people always wants some anime character to be white...
While you know they are Japanese. I once saw a fan made casting of digimon the last time i remember al the characters is japanese, this weirdo cast all the high school musical people to play the characters...

TonyLim

Post by TonyLim » Dec 22nd, '08, 22:07

Hi everyone
I think it cool to have dragon ball in movies much better in series.
I like to watch it.
Old man

noobee

Post by noobee » Dec 23rd, '08, 07:53

the trailer is really cool :D :thumleft:

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Dec 23rd, '08, 08:02

uggh I'm so embarassed

noutrous

Post by noutrous » Jan 3rd, '09, 01:57

Guess what, the live-action movie would suck even more if the japanese film industry made it. Be glad theres a big budget behind this

shorto

Post by shorto » Jan 3rd, '09, 02:16

This will be bad.... I just know it, the guy that plays Goku doesn't look so retarded like Goku actually is in the anime/manga (in the trailer he acts like Rambo :)), Bulma is flat as a board so no horny Roshi jokes, Piccolo & Yamcha look like lovers and basically I'm only looking forward to the enormous budget for this movie I'm counting on good effects if nothing else.

Keizou

Post by Keizou » Jan 3rd, '09, 16:47

this movie is gonna be a huge failure....i think if they try to copy the anime too much then all the characters will just look like cosplay...they should've made their costumes a bit more modern

Arion

Post by Arion » Jan 4th, '09, 05:57

From the trailer it doesn't look like he will go Super Saiyajin, needless to say SSJ2 :-( That was my favorite part of the series.

Could you imagine Dragonball (Z) without Super/Ultra(SSJ2) Saiyajins? :P

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 4th, '09, 09:57

noutrous wrote:Guess what, the live-action movie would suck even more if the japanese film industry made it. Be glad theres a big budget behind this
I dont care, i rather like the japanese do it then them. Plus they rush it with filming just to make a quick buck.

Sak

Post by Sak » Jan 4th, '09, 11:00

Just looking at the pictures, it looks rather terrible and cheesy. I am pretty sure I seen the trailer around a month ago and it looked rather bad. Think this will ruin the whole DBZ thing that I love. Doubt I will watch it to be honest, when it comes out. :roll

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Feb 8th, '09, 11:11

2nd trailer...

They are promoting this movie in other country's before its hits the theater america...

Japan and korea will be getting it almost a month earlier...

France will be getting it a week earlier...

Also 70% procent of the world wide reaction has been negative so far...

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 24th, '09, 01:07

ouch...I don't like how they've totally changed everything bout Dragonball. Making Goku a high school student? No Krillin? Master Roshi doesn't have an island? Bulma wielding weapons? I wish they could at least have stayed true to the original story but oh well you know something I hope the movie does decent business to get a sequel dispite the negative reviews. I'm going to watch it lol, just for the love of Dragonball and you know how long I've been waiting for this to happen? This was announced years and years back took soooo long to get everything rolling and its gona be crap but oh wells.

One of the reasons I want this to do good business is because I don't want producers to think adapting manga/anime into films is a bad idea and look to how Dragonball failed if a chance to adapt some manga/anime appears to them. Plus I do hope there is a sequel and they rectify some of the mistakes from the first, I really want to see how they would protray Vegeta.

Remember the Ang Lee Hulk movie which came out some years back? It didn't do good business but last year they released another Hulk movie with Edward Norton - completey independent of the Ang lee one and a reboot of the Hulk franchise and in the space of what just 4 years of each other? I hope something like that happens with Dragonball, lol. That they decide to start all over again from scratch after failing with this adaptation and do it properly - but meh won't happen.

I think the writers stike might have had something to do with the movie probably sucking - they did rush production right to avoid the strike or something?

Stpehn Chow is a producer for this movie! I had high hopes cuz of that but I'm not disheartened because Goku rules. End of.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 24th, '09, 01:26

sahansah wrote:ouch...I don't like how they've totally changed everything bout Dragonball. Making Goku a high school student? No Krillin? Master Roshi doesn't have an island? Bulma wielding weapons? I wish they could at least have stayed true to the original story but oh well you know something I hope the movie does decent business to get a sequel dispite the negative reviews. I'm going to watch it lol, just for the love of Dragonball and you know how long I've been waiting for this to happen? This was announced years and years back took soooo long to get everything rolling and its gona be crap but oh wells.

One of the reasons I want this to do good business is because I don't want producers to think adapting manga/anime into films is a bad idea and look to how Dragonball failed if a chance to adapt some manga/anime appears to them. Plus I do hope there is a sequel and they rectify some of the mistakes from the first, I really want to see how they would protray Vegeta.

Remember the Ang Lee Hulk movie which came out some years back? It didn't do good business but last year they released another Hulk movie with Edward Norton - completey independent of the Ang lee one and a reboot of the Hulk franchise and in the space of what just 4 years of each other? I hope something like that happens with Dragonball, lol. That they decide to start all over again from scratch after failing with this adaptation and do it properly - but meh won't happen.

I think the writers stike might have had something to do with the movie probably sucking - they did rush production right to avoid the strike or something?

Stpehn Chow is a producer for this movie! I had high hopes cuz of that but I'm not disheartened because Goku rules. End of.
Honestly I have no hopes for this... It'll probably be a piece of crap just like Sailor moon, Street Fighter, Resident Evil and all the other from anime/game/manga to movie series. From the previews I've seen from youtube I think it will be 100% crap.

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Mar 24th, '09, 01:34

have a feel that this movie going to be a failure...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 24th, '09, 03:07

Well, you guys can download it since it's already out in Japan, and also, there was never a Sailor Moon American movie made >__> Only the JPN drama

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 26th, '09, 15:21

I got the recent issue of KERA and I've noticed they were talking about the Story and such, omg I would never think to see a man who could destroy the planet have fights take place in a dark crappy room with chichi looking like some type of semi goth chick...

Gai-Jin

Post by Gai-Jin » Mar 26th, '09, 16:24

Failed it is... I hate hollywood..

utena_n

Post by utena_n » Mar 26th, '09, 17:04

Why ? some can explain me why the do this to the best succesful manga
DRAGON BALL . :hissy: . They didn't respect anything about the original story
where they seen that picolo is " white " :scratch: .
Akira Toriyama himself said in a interview " I didn"t recognized my work,"
And i'm thinking to the new generation who didn't grow up with Dragon ball
what a sad image they will have .
This movie made me eally sick and irritated :cussing: . And like this is don't enough they mad the same sad work with street figther . I Know is a game but i wanted to
say it to .
i'm going to try to forget my sadness about this movie :alcoholic:

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Mar 26th, '09, 17:37

I agree.
This movie will be a big disappointment.
What a shame cause I loved the manga.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Mar 26th, '09, 18:19

This movie is a huge failure well if yall saw the boot leg...

lazyasianboy

Post by lazyasianboy » Mar 26th, '09, 18:44

honestly, my opinion being asian. americans remaking an asian movie are always the same. why does the main guy have to be played by a white person? goku is supposed to be asian. but oh well, i think the movie is gonna be stupid.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 26th, '09, 18:54

Its just impossible to make a good movie of Dragonball outside of an OVA... come on flying... fighting in the air, moving faster than the speed of light fighting faster than the speed of sound, ground exploding right underneath them while fighting and the oh so epic yelling! "VEGEEETA STOP IIIITTT YOUR GOING TO DESTROY THE PLANET!!!" -Krillen "TRUNKS LETS GET OUT OF HERE!" -Vegeta "FINAL FLASH!!" -Kick ass music kicks in with a very overpowering flash of light ^.^

For me race isn't the issue its just the really craptastic special effects and what not.
Now if they did a live action movie on Trigun I think there would be like a 6/10 chance it could be good.
Last edited by kuro570 on Mar 26th, '09, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Mar 26th, '09, 18:58

utena_n wrote:Why ? some can explain me why the do this to the best succesful manga
DRAGON BALL . :hissy: . They didn't respect anything about the original story
where they seen that picolo is " white " :scratch: .
Akira Toriyama himself said in a interview " I didn"t recognized my work,"
And i'm thinking to the new generation who didn't grow up with Dragon ball
what a sad image they will have .
This movie made me eally sick and irritated :cussing: . And like this is don't enough they mad the same sad work with street figther . I Know is a game but i wanted to
say it to .
i'm going to try to forget my sadness about this movie :alcoholic:
I only saw the first couple minutes of the movie.....and what I saw was Goku being like Goten from DragonBall GT....being interested in girls. Which wasn't the Goku at all in Dragonball...I could be wrong here but IMO the movie threw American Culture the Dragonball story...or should i say their make of the Dragonball story. Saaad...

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Apr 6th, '09, 02:49

I've been reading reviews of the movie and laughing because everyone's saying the same thing. And I heard that they left the ending open for a possibility of sequel too... not sure if that's going to be a good idea.

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 6th, '09, 03:27

I LOVE HOLLYWOOD. But I just don't understand why these producers would even want to touch something like Dragonball, I don't think it's a series that can even be made into live-action because it would only come out as being cheesy and just awkward. These movies like DB and Resident Evil and whatnot are the reason why people think Hollywood is trash - sure it's not as great as when Hollywood was at its glory during the 30s or so, but they still make decent movies. Hollywood should just stick with novels and not Asian games/comic/animation entertainment. If Hollywood wants to extend Asian culture, hire more Asian American actors and not its stories.

so_dep

Post by so_dep » Apr 24th, '09, 00:43

Well trailer made it look more decent than I thought, but the acutal movie was.. well. unique? :x

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Apr 24th, '09, 02:09

hell, even without the Dragonball name, the movie sucked.....Its one of those movies where things happen for no apparent reason.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 24th, '09, 14:33

«minah» wrote:Well, you guys can download it since it's already out in Japan, and also, there was never a Sailor Moon American movie made >__> Only the JPN drama
Actualy there was, but it never was released it was made by the same guys who turned super sentai(japanese kids show) in power rangers...

Aparently they didnt released it because it was too cheesy...

I hope there will be no 2nd movie, rather a reboot and this time a asian as the lead.
no bullshitting.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 24th, '09, 16:32

Karate-ka wrote:
«minah» wrote:Well, you guys can download it since it's already out in Japan, and also, there was never a Sailor Moon American movie made >__> Only the JPN drama
Actualy there was, but it never was released it was made by the same guys who turned super sentai(japanese kids show) in power rangers...

Aparently they didnt released it because it was too cheesy...

I hope there will be no 2nd movie, rather a reboot and this time a asian as the lead.
no bullshitting.

"Saban Moon" I know about it but it was suppose to be a TV show, not a movie

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 24th, '09, 17:11

Oh yeah i missed the point sorry...

ParkOppa

Post by ParkOppa » Apr 25th, '09, 17:50

I want to watch it badly but I am afraid it's very bad...
Will probably watch it for Jamie.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 25th, '09, 18:02

Ive seen its bad i can tell you that, but thats my opinion wether you watched the anime or not the story in this movie doesnt make any sense.

Now country's like Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark and Finland are getting it straight to dvd...

ParkOppa

Post by ParkOppa » Apr 25th, '09, 18:34

I watched all anime on TV and my friend told me the movie was very bad, so I don't know if I will watch it, maybe when DVD will come out.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 25th, '09, 23:21

I don't understand why they couldn't use the technology the ppl used in the Matrix on this movie. If they have and took more time in creating the special effects for the energy balls, waves etc it could have been perfect. Well that and trash the crappy story and make the characters truer to the anime.

dabogy

Post by dabogy » May 5th, '09, 20:45

This movie is gonna suck so bad...i'm still gonna watch it though haha :cheers: