The ARASHI thread

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
capricorngal

Post by capricorngal » Jul 19th, '08, 05:49

oh my! Never knew there was a Arashi thread here :)....will pop by now...

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Jul 22nd, '08, 05:55

welcome to the thread!
kinda dead, but welcome :)

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 22nd, '08, 06:35

lol this thread should totally get revived..

*phoenix downs it*

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 24th, '08, 04:01

LoL. I never new of this too... :lol

akaisuki

Post by akaisuki » Jul 24th, '08, 17:16

:wub: arashi is love~

chack

Post by chack » Jul 28th, '08, 18:42

NINOMIYA~! <3

lolnewscaster

Post by lolnewscaster » Jul 28th, '08, 21:32

I was lurking Japanese youtube today and came up on this video

I was captured by the word "大麻" which means weed. I thought well thats something unusual thing to be on Japanese youtube. Then I saw the word "3P" Which means three sum.

On the video title, I saw the name Ono from Arashi was enclosed by the words above. Now, I am not a Arashi fan and don't know their names but I know some of the faces , so i google the guy and realized its the guy from the current drama series Maou. I became more curious of his involvement with 3 sums and ganja.

Apparently, there are picture of Oono and 2 girls all over him circulating around. He also does some "things" to them. So, I go on scavenger hunt for them pictures with my trusty tool google.

Well, here they are it might completely ruin the image of this guy because he seems like a nice and quiet kid on TV but whatever:

http://anu.s7.x-beat.com/1up/src/up11344.jpg

http://anu.s7.x-beat.com/1up/src/up11345.jpg

http://anu.s7.x-beat.com/1up/src/up11346.jpg

http://anu.s7.x-beat.com/1up/src/up11347.jpg

makito
Peru

WTH?

Post by makito » Jul 29th, '08, 05:10

ah?
I don't know japanese, hence I can't understand the meaning in the pics.
I really don't know what to think since I don't find that to be important, but since it's Japan and JE they are strict with this kinda stuff.

When is all of these from?
Just recently?

I'm curious about this matter :unsure:

kiki

Post by kiki » Jul 29th, '08, 17:47

the antis are making their opinions and voices heard to the various sponsors and etc, asking to pull Ohno and Arashi out. It is now time for US to show OUR support for our boys.

Ohno is apparently being pulled out of AU ads coz the antis messages are being heard.
We need our voices of support to be heard as well!

Write in your messages to support the boys.
There is no need to be defensive nor bitchy to the sponsors and etc.
Make it polite and positive - such as you enjoy the products and having Arashi working on it is also good for you.

BTW, please try not to talk about the scandal in your message. Just write about how you like Arashi promoting the products, doing the shows and etc.

au(KDDI)ー(嵐)
https://cs119.kddi.com/au/query_au.jsp

2008年24時間テレビー(嵐)
2008年北京オリンピック日テレ応援ソング(嵐)
(For NTV, 24 Jikan)
日テレの問い合わせ先はこっち
https://www1.ntv.co.jp/staff/form.html

TBS(あらしちゃん及び主演魔王放送局)問い合わせ先
http://www.tbs.co.jp/contact/#atesaki
https://cgi.tbs.co.jp/ppshw/contact/0030/enquete.do

Housefood:
ハウス食品 とんがりコーン 2007年-2008年(嵐)
http://housefoods.jp/inquiry/index.html

Maou (from becs):
http://www.tbs.co.jp/maou2008/fun4/fun4_log_001.html

They really really need our support now so please help if you are their fans.
Show them the power of your words!

EDIT: if you understand japanese goes to juntoshi.wordpress.com. she translate some of the site. so please support the boys. show our arashi fan power. onegai.

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Jul 31st, '08, 08:55

i never knew there were bad rumours for Arashi's member,
whatever happen, i love Arashi for their songs and style

Ohno, Nino, Matsujun, Sho, Aiba, ganbare!!!!!!!!

Fallona

Post by Fallona » Jul 31st, '08, 09:54

Makito

Ohno was accused of smoking marjuana but he denied it
What's really is plain stupidity is that these photos are from 2005

I hope this answered your questions enough ^^

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 2nd, '08, 08:36

did minna saw the preview for the pv of Truth??
God! I Love it! and Im so0 looking forward to it! :cheers: :D :lol

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Aug 2nd, '08, 13:30

Every member has their own "scandal" and this is just another bump in the road.. the only thing that is worrisome is the marijuana thing, which I do not believe for a second (although I do believe that he was completely smashed) but if for some reason they decide he was smoking weed, doing drugs have a HUGE consequence in Japan, so I dunno what will happen to Arashi.

I still support them, I don't care if he really did or did not have a 3P.. he's almost 28.. I'd be surprised if he WASN'T doing those things (and besides, now we know he's not going after only Nino, rite? XD).. anyway, what I'm trying to say is.. Arashi would not be Arashi without any one of their members.. so if Ohno gets carted away to jail, I dunno. T_T But Johnny is in full support of Oh-chan.. he really loves him so he will probably defend him to the death.

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Aug 6th, '08, 03:10

Fallona wrote:Makito

Ohno was accused of smoking marjuana but he denied it
What's really is plain stupidity is that these photos are from 2005

I hope this answered your questions enough ^^
Thanks for sharing!
I was really confused, but I read a lot about it now, maybe too much.
But I don't care anymore, I just like arashi and their personal life ain't my problem :lol
I know they're going to be ok, it's not the first scandal in JE

@totally_0bsessed:
I haven't seen the preview!!!!
I clicked a link I found, but the video is not available anymore :(

windamas

Post by windamas » Aug 8th, '08, 02:31

Ohno issues aside, this thread needs a revamp :P

Let me pose this question: What dream drama roles would you like our boys to do?

Here's my take on that:
Sho - well, Sho has been doing the serious character roles (school teacher, the serious classmate in YamaTaro, hopelessly-in-love student). I'd like to see him do comedic roles. I've seen him in shukudai, mago, VS etc, and he can be hilariously baka at times. What makes it doubly funny is that he's supposed to be the smartest in the group. I'm curious on how he'll do in Yatterman,

Aiba - well, any drama role for aiba would be good. Just put him in a drama!

Ohno - we've seen him convincingly evil and conniving in Maou. I want to see him in a fluffy feel good, romatic drama next

Matsujun - I'd like to see him in a villain role. Nope, not the bad-boy-hurt-inside-ultimately-lovable Doumyoji/Shin , but a seriously sinister, evil, obsessive or brooding character. Think Maou, Ryousuke in last friends or Ryo in A million stars fall from the sky.

Nino - now I would have said I'd like to see him doing a dark character, but from what I've heard of his upcoming one, Kizuna, I think he nabbed that one. Now, I'd like to see him do a drama appropriate for his actual age, not some high school kid or older brother roles. Some may argue that in Heikei, he actually played his age, but since most of the other characters are older than him, he's again relegated to the younger character type. An office setting, perhaps? A strong independent character with grown up issues....

ja ne for now...

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 9th, '08, 06:22

windamas wrote:Ohno issues aside, this thread needs a revamp :P

Let me pose this question: What dream drama roles would you like our boys to do?...
My list would be :

Ohno : Playing a sports character in a funny and physical comedy! I think he would be great with something like that.

Sho : I would love to see him playing a seriously creepy perv or something. I think that he could really play someone creepy like a stalker or a rapist. Something so opposite from what he is that it shocks us all!

Matsumoto : I agree with you on something dark. I mean really dark! When he took the role in "Boku wa Imouto ni..." I was surprised! But I was also upset that it did not go into the "dark" places that it could have gone. I want to see him "evil". Really evil!!! A mass murderer. Someone insane. Someone so emotionally dark that you forget that you are watching Jun in the role.

Aiba : I want to see him in anything really. He has been here and there in dramas but I want to see him in something major. Something fun and humorous. Or something like a guy who is a party person that gets his girlfriend pregnant and all of the crazy stuff that he does to deal with "becoming someone's daddy".

Nino : it is time for Nino to grow up... Even if he is just playing a big brother type. I would love to see him in a mafia type role for some reason. Tiny but tough! LOL

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Aug 12th, '08, 15:54

windamas wrote: Let me pose this question: What dream drama roles would you like our boys to do?

Sho - well, Sho has been doing the serious character roles (school teacher, the serious classmate in YamaTaro, hopelessly-in-love student). I'd like to see him do comedic roles. I've seen him in shukudai, mago, VS etc, and he can be hilariously baka at times. What makes it doubly funny is that he's supposed to be the smartest in the group. I'm curious on how he'll do in Yatterman,

Aiba - well, any drama role for aiba would be good. Just put him in a drama!

Ohno - we've seen him convincingly evil and conniving in Maou. I want to see him in a fluffy feel good, romatic drama next

Matsujun - I'd like to see him in a villain role. Nope, not the bad-boy-hurt-inside-ultimately-lovable Doumyoji/Shin , but a seriously sinister, evil, obsessive or brooding character. Think Maou, Ryousuke in last friends or Ryo in A million stars fall from the sky.

Nino - now I would have said I'd like to see him doing a dark character, but from what I've heard of his upcoming one, Kizuna, I think he nabbed that one. Now, I'd like to see him do a drama appropriate for his actual age, not some high school kid or older brother roles. Some may argue that in Heikei, he actually played his age, but since most of the other characters are older than him, he's again relegated to the younger character type. An office setting, perhaps? A strong independent character with grown up issues....

ja ne for now...
Sho - actually.. I prefer him concentrating on newscasting rather than more drama roles. Not picky on what role he might take because he had already acted in my dream roles which were perfect for him. Just an idea... it'll be a remake of Resurrection as the twin lead. He's already tackling various persona in real life, so playing a twin with opposite characters would be easy for him (i'm not sure about the crying/emotional parts though.. he's really not good acting out crying scenes ^^;;;;). Avenging police / CEO Sho will be hot.

Matsujun - evil or gay. maybe both >DDD

Aiba - ANYTHING! the guy can act! he will do well in anything! GIVE HIM ACTING JOBS! but my dream role for him would be him being a serious HOT GENIUS, running around saving people.

Ohno - Romance comedy with an older woman (someone hot like Yonekura Ryoko?) as the love interest. He is the ikemen goateed dance teacher or a singing bread maker. Maybe a remake of Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni <---I haven't watched this though. Anything that will make us see more of Ohno in love and smiling like a fool ♥

Nino - a lawyer... damn. Ohno already taken that role :/
Fantasy with romance. Something with Aoi Yuu. Modern day ninja.. i don't know.. my dream role for him was taken away by Ohno and he's already going to be in a mystery by Higashi-san and KUDO KANKURO. Maybe a Hollywood role AGAIN! Anything will do ^^V

I guess, a lot of my dreams for them have been fulfilled except for Aiba's. All my wishes are for him now :pray:

capricorngal

Post by capricorngal » Sep 2nd, '08, 11:57

I just want to comment that Arashi's new single 'Remarkable' is fantastic! it sounded so terrible to me at first but it grew on me...I love it!

m31hu1

Post by m31hu1 » Sep 9th, '08, 11:16

Hello, I just create a new clubbox.
Please support! Thank you.

I will need to rearrange my files before I continue to post more files.

http://clubbox.co.kr/luvarashi

sword_of_heaven

Post by sword_of_heaven » Sep 14th, '08, 17:59

I wanna know, why doesn't Aiba have more acting roles? I'd love to see him in pretty much anything. Its a shame though, we really don't see his acting. I also always wanted to see Ohno act, so I'm really glad about Maou. Though he looks awfully tired in AnS and other shows because of the filming, but even so.... dramas give a better chance for international exposure, after all.

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Sep 16th, '08, 00:44

capricorngal wrote:I just want to comment that Arashi's new single 'Remarkable' is fantastic! it sounded so terrible to me at first but it grew on me...I love it!
Where have you heard the new single?
I want to hear it too! :-(

And, btw:
Nino's letter was so cute!!! :cheers:

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Sep 16th, '08, 15:53

makito wrote:
capricorngal wrote:I just want to comment that Arashi's new single 'Remarkable' is fantastic! it sounded so terrible to me at first but it grew on me...I love it!
Where have you heard the new single?
I want to hear it too! :-(

And, btw:
Nino's letter was so cute!!! :cheers:
yahhpp.. i also heard the "remarkable" already.. quite good ne.. hehe.. :lol

and nino's letter.. yahh.. i cried with it.. :cry:
it was sooo sooo touching... :unsure:

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Sep 17th, '08, 03:47

Just to let everyone know, Re(mark)able isn't a new single, it was a bonus song that came in their recently released photo album "Arashi is Alive!"

But yeah, it's a good song xD

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Sep 22nd, '08, 00:24

I saw this one video on youtube with Sho and he was speaking English. He does not sound Japanese. He voice was like...Spanish meets general American meets something Mediterranean meets sexy.

I for one like LEADER. :heart: It was the Sakura Sake video.... he just.... le sigh

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 22nd, '08, 07:06

im like addicted to Re(mark)able! Its just so addicting! :lol
Anyway,, Arashi will be singing the OST for Ryusei! Yay! :cheers:
and Its going to be called 'Beautiful Days' which will be released Nov. 5th...

darn! they are so0oooo busy! :P

matsumara

Post by matsumara » Sep 22nd, '08, 07:36

am finally here... yay yay arashi with the new single... tnx for the news kat - chan... ahahaha

matsumara desu! - let's all spread arashi rabu ne? ahahaha :cheers: :D :wub:

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 24th, '08, 11:34

mara-chan! Im glad to see you here! lol! :lol

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 24th, '08, 12:16

kyaaa~
arashi!love them so much!<333

xxemz19xx

Post by xxemz19xx » Sep 25th, '08, 10:26

windamas wrote:Ohno issues aside, this thread needs a revamp :P

Let me pose this question: What dream drama roles would you like our boys to do?
Ohno: I want to see him do a romantic comedy. after seeing Maou (which was amazing) I want him to do a less serious role ^^

Nino: Something more mature, I'd love to see him play a cop or something....

Sho: Maybe a teacher role where he teaches a class of losers (like Gokusen lol)

Jun: This may sound completely random but I want to see him in a Period drama, I just think he would make a really good rogue samurai fighting for the people XD

Aiba: Well I'd happily watch him in anything, but I'd love to see him play a bad guy or maybe have him be paired with Nino in a cop drama ^^

m31hu1

Post by m31hu1 » Oct 3rd, '08, 01:41

hi all, some perf of arashi have been uploaded..
pls support. thank you!

http://clubbox.co.kr/luvarashi

alaruber

Post by alaruber » Oct 19th, '08, 16:07

eh...
i just finished watching nino's new drama (ryuusei no kizuna)
eeekkk my 1st time seeing him in a drama.. *goes nuts* super cooollll~~!

makito
Peru

Post by makito » Oct 26th, '08, 01:26

I haven't seen ep 1 yet
I need to dl it ASAP

btw, arashi is going to be on Utaban if I remember correctly November 7th! :D

alaruber

Post by alaruber » Oct 27th, '08, 02:45

LOL UTABAN!!!
hahaha gonna be another madness epi. :D
joys for joy :DDDDD

hideko

Post by hideko » Nov 1st, '08, 02:23

I originally got into ARASHI in '01 when I went to Japan, and then kinda fell out of the loop for years... I'm so glad that they're still so popular!! They've always been one of my favs...

Yay! Utaban... Good times. Will have to keep an eye out for that one. =D

alaruber

Post by alaruber » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:03

hahah yea yea... i got to know them a long time ago but wasnt like a huge fan then when i got to know JE then it kind of stuck on me...

hohoho... 7th is still the korean concert i think...
aaahhhh soeul~!!! :X

kina-chan

Post by kina-chan » Nov 7th, '08, 18:51

Does anyone think that maybe Arashi is getting too old to be a "boy band"?
I mean i llooooovvveeee:wub: them but theyre reaching their 30's soon. :heart:

Yahiko

Post by Yahiko » Nov 14th, '08, 00:00

Who cares if they are a "boy band" or not? To me they never were a "boy band" in the sense of American or European boy bands, because in difference to the likes of "Take That", "N´Sync" and so on they covered much more genres than them. The usual "boy bands" are mostly a melange of Dance-Pop and R&B. But Arashi also had Hard Rock and Hip Hop Tunes on their Albums from the very beginning. And on the last two albums "Time" and "Dream-a-live" they even sound sometimes like a (very happy) version of Queen! Not to mention their live performances, wich have the best of both worlds (Pop and Rock) and look like a Crossover of the shows of Madonna and KISS.
In short: They are no "Boy Band" to me, they´re just a "Band". A very good one, indeed!

alaruber

Post by alaruber » Nov 14th, '08, 02:54

totally agree with you...

yea, boyband not really... more like a band since they have such a huge range of genre. and they have great songs and performances. :D
totally an awesome band

hideko

Post by hideko » Nov 14th, '08, 06:22

They still are coming out with good music, and are expanding into other areas, as well. I see no reason why they shouldn't continue with ARASHI, since they still all seem to enjoy it.

There are plenty of very famous Japanese musicians that are in their 30s or older that are still making music and are still very popular... There are plenty of MUSICIANS in general that are over 30 and still awesome. Yeah, ARASHI may not fit their original genre, but I agree with alaruber that they have a wide enough range that they don't have to be classified by that label anymore...

iamx

Post by iamx » Nov 24th, '08, 19:51

I looooove Arashi. Great band,with great skills as singers and dancers,performers and such a sweet personality in all of them. I mostly like Ohno ,caus he's so adorrible ,seems confused from time to time ,well.. most of the time,haha :D Great great band. I hope to see them live someday.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 25th, '08, 06:35

Yahiko wrote:Who cares if they are a "boy band" or not? To me they never were a "boy band" in the sense of American or European boy bands, because in difference to the likes of "Take That", "N´Sync" and so on they covered much more genres than them. The usual "boy bands" are mostly a melange of Dance-Pop and R&B. But Arashi also had Hard Rock and Hip Hop Tunes on their Albums from the very beginning. And on the last two albums "Time" and "Dream-a-live" they even sound sometimes like a (very happy) version of Queen! Not to mention their live performances, wich have the best of both worlds (Pop and Rock) and look like a Crossover of the shows of Madonna and KISS.
In short: They are no "Boy Band" to me, they´re just a "Band". A very good one, indeed!
wow! a nice summary of Arashi music :D
i used to not like their pop-bubblegum songs much and just thought of them better of as actors cum entertainers but after listening to their whole discography i was proven wrong. They surprise me with their wide range of songs, from jazz, punk/rock ("gorimuchu", "wow" - i even thought it an original by kattun because i heard from them first), and their brand of pop.

They sound good too. Not as vocally rich like other "boy-bands" like TVXQ, BSB or N'SYNC but not too bad. Except for Jun but I heard he has improved a lot.

"wish" is the first song I've heard from them and thought it was cheesy but very addictive. When i see them perform at "music station" they looked like they were lip syncing most of the time. They sounded too good to be true with all the dancing and adorable fooling around and stuff while singing. The only prove that they sang live was when Jun went off key (which most of the times he did). I really wondered if the others opted to lip-sync while Jun being a perfectionist performer chose not to despite not being a perfect singer. I'm no longer bothered much if they lip-sync now but it would be better if they sing live on TV. Its really hard to pinpoint which ones are sung live and which are not. I can only be sure if the footages are fancams.

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Jan 29th, '09, 06:26

Ah, the last post for this topic was on Nov. XD
It's Arashi's tenth year anniversary! :D So, I slightly feel the urge to make this topic more popular. LOL.

Is anyone:
- going to the NY Comic Con. for the Yatterman premiere?
- currently watching Uta no Oniisan?

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jan 29th, '09, 06:50

This thread needs to liven up!
I'm going to the NYCC. I hope more fans can come and support Sho. :D

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Jan 29th, '09, 16:36

LOL. I know, right?

That's awesome! Do you live thereÉ
Hopefully, Sho will be able to be on the panel! :lol
Also, did you hear that the `Believe` PV is going to be animatedÉ

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jan 29th, '09, 21:19

No I'm actually taking the train there from Virginia.
I hope he does get to be on the panel and the signing but he's so busy and I don't want he to be overworked. :-(
Yea I saw the preview, it looks really cute. :D I heard that they're making two PVs for the song.

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Jan 29th, '09, 21:52

LOL! Cute sig. gif! :D Haha, I'm assuming Ohno is your favorite member? XD
Oh, cool! How long does the train usually take? :D
LOL. Yeah, there's going to be two! But I really do like the idea of an animated one. :lol I know many others that don't like the idea on the LJ comms. :O I can't wait for either version to come out. XD The boys as superheros = Awesome. <3

Niji-Rach

Post by Niji-Rach » Jan 30th, '09, 13:00

Oh wow, Sho's going to New York o.o? Thats so cool. Japanese artists hardly EVER come to Holland, (its not that interesting here, suppose XD), and I don't think Arashi will ever come here. (Though, Miyavi did, so there's hope.... I hope)

For me, the reason ever starting to listen to Arashi because they made me (and I guess its gonna sound stupid but, the hell with it) really happy. The first song I ever heard of them was 'Sakura Sake' and it was really addictive. After that I searched for more, and I became a fan. It was the first J-Pop group I became fan of, and I still love them dearly.
I don't really have a favorite member though, because they're all awesome.
Yet, I would like to have Ohno as a big (*cough* little, the guy may be ten years older then I am, I am almost 20 cm taller XD) brother. Because he gives me the 'cool looking, but secretly very shy and clumzy-older brother-vibe XD

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Jan 30th, '09, 20:04

Niji-Rach wrote:Oh wow, Sho's going to New York o.o? Thats so cool. Japanese artists hardly EVER come to Holland, (its not that interesting here, suppose XD), and I don't think Arashi will ever come here. (Though, Miyavi did, so there's hope.... I hope)

For me, the reason ever starting to listen to Arashi because they made me (and I guess its gonna sound stupid but, the hell with it) really happy. The first song I ever heard of them was 'Sakura Sake' and it was really addictive. After that I searched for more, and I became a fan. It was the first J-Pop group I became fan of, and I still love them dearly.
I don't really have a favorite member though, because they're all awesome.
Yet, I would like to have Ohno as a big (*cough* little, the guy may be ten years older then I am, I am almost 20 cm taller XD) brother. Because he gives me the 'cool looking, but secretly very shy and clumzy-older brother-vibe XD
Eh?! MYV went to Holland?! That's crazy! :D He never came to Canada, though. T_T
Haha, yeah, and I don't think Arashi will come to Canada, either. D:
No, no, that's understandable! It's almost the same with me. C: I was looking up on the Nana movie cast when it was announced, and when I was looking up Hiroki Narimiya, I came across the Jdrama "Stand Up!!". XD That's when I first heard Arashi's song and saw Nino, so I decided to look them up and became a fan! :D I know what you mean that they make you happy 'cause that's how I feel, too! Especially when I watch their T.V. shows. XD But yeah, they're the first Jpop group I ever liked, too! I'm a huge Jrock fan, and then there's Arashi. LOL. :lol Haha, I can't help, but love Sho more 'cause he's so hot/silly/made of fail. XD
HAHA, really?! I would love Nino as a brother, for some odd reason! He seems fun to be with and seems like a great older brother. d:

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 1st, '09, 00:23

riku_tsuyoi wrote:But yeah, they're the first Jpop group I ever liked, too! I'm a huge Jrock fan, and then there's Arashi. LOL.
I'm a huge j-rock fan, too, but love ARASHI. I was in Japan back in '01 and my host sister was a huge ARASHI fan, so I got hooked. XD The other bands/people I liked at the time were, like, X-JAPAN, hide, Luna Sea, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer... (Still do like them, actually. <_<)

They all seem like such fun people, but I think MatsuJun's my favorite... (I know I would have way too much fun running around and hanging out with Aiba, though.)

Actually, ARASHI made a cameo in my dream last night. They just randomly showed up for a bit and then got shuffled off to the airport or something in the middle of this big lecture. It was really strange. (Lesson learned: don't stay up til 4am watching Arashi no Shukudai-kun the night after an all-nighter unless you want ARASHI to infest your dreams in odd ways. =D)

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 2nd, '09, 21:28

Oh, I like Luna Sea and Diru, too! But I'm not really a big fan of their latest CD. D: Though, they were amazing live! :D But Laruku has to be my favorite, with Alice nine coming in second. <3 Of course, this is only for Jrock 'cause Arashi is just as high as Laruku for me. d:
LOL! XD Wow, that's some dream! Haha. Arashi dreams FTW!

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 2nd, '09, 23:35

haha, yeah, I prefer Diru's older stuff... Saw them in concert couple years ago when they came to the States (best Valentine's Day in a while for me!), though, and it was fun. X-Japan is still the reigning favorite, for me... (SO~ happy they got back together.) Arashi's probably just after that, haha. Then it starts getting fuzzy - I like too many bands. ^_^;;

Am I the only one who really wants to play the games that Arashi does on their shows? I think it looks like a pile of fun. (Especially some of the Aiba Land games. I may have to institute those at the summer camp I work at...!)

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 4th, '09, 22:54

Haha, yeah, I saw them just recently in Dec.! :D I never really got into X Japan; I'm not too sure why. XD I think I actually need to listen to their songs first. d: Eh?! They're back together?
LOL! No, no, I do, too! Especially, the kareoke-like one! (The one where they sing random lines in a certain music style.) HAHA. That's the best one. <3 That or the balloon popping one! I was all, "OMG, Mario Kart?!" Hahha. <3
Have you seen the recent episode of AnS with Nagase? The last game looked SO fun, especially to do in an improv class or something. LOL @ the helicopter. XD

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 4th, '09, 23:14

They were one of the first ones I got into, and they stuck... ^^; And yep~ They're back together (minus, hide, of course, since it would take some interesting voodoo to bring him back... ;_; ).

YES! The helicopter was pure genius on Nagase's part. (Nagase was surprisingly hilarious to watch - I forgot how funny he can be.) I'm keeping a list of crazy fun things they do to try with my camp kids this summer.....! (Oh, they are going to have so much ARASHI exposure this year! Thank goodness it's a Japanese language camp, or they'd be so confused. haha.)

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Feb 5th, '09, 05:40

Oh my goodness the helicopter was great! and the sychronized swimming. I love Nagase! :wub:

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 5th, '09, 05:53

Speaking of Shukudai-kun -- your avatar is hilarious and wonderful. XD Do you know what episode that was?? I haven't seen that one yet and I think I really ought to...!

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Feb 5th, '09, 06:08

Episode 20. :-)
Last edited by xtraordinarilynaked on Mar 11th, '09, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 5th, '09, 22:09

@hideko: Yeah, I figured it won't have hide. D;
LOL! Haha, that's good that it's a Japanese language camp! Otherwise, everyone will be so confused or even weirded out. XD I forgot how funny Nagase was, too! I couldn't stop laughing at him trying to eat the donair meat thing. Haha.

@xtraordinarilynaked: Haha, agreed! Or the totem pole. LOL. I never realized how hilarious they were together, especially the whole "aniki!" Haha. I just loved this episode too much. <3

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 6th, '09, 01:43

omg - the Totem Pole!! They did manage to pull it off even though they had no idea what it was.... XD I guess I totally took for granted just always knowing what those were. hahah.

"Stop calling me 'aniki'!!!" <-- Nino and Aiba just love pushing buttons, though. haha. That whole show is just constant amusement for me. (And then I always want to show my roommate who I've gotten to like ARASHI, but she doesn't know Japanese, so I have to translate as it goes, sometimes. ^^;)

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Feb 6th, '09, 08:52

so.. they've impersonated a hamburger... I want them be a hotdog next! xD

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 8th, '09, 22:19

@hideko: Haha, I know, right? I was honestly surprised! And they did such a good job! XD
LOL. I'm not too good with Japanese, but I still end up watching it raw, until, well, it gets subbed. d: I know there's a subbed version of it somewhere in a LJ community. Do you have LJ, dear?

@brokenparadise: LOL.

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 9th, '09, 19:02

@riku: I do have LJ, I just rarely use it for anything other than comments. XD;; anyway - username is hidekodahlia, if you'd like to go find me. ^^

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 9th, '09, 20:16

@hideko: Added as a friend! (Username: riku_tsuyoi ...Yeah, I'm not very original.) Hope you don't mind. :D Oh, you should check the a_ra_shi or onlyarashifiles community. They have tons of stuff, and a lot of people post subbed videos, so you can show your roommate! XD Or you could just translate them. LOL. :D

P.S. Has anyone watched the latest Zoom In Super? Sho speaking english is SO cute. I wish I went to the comic con. TT_TT

kina-chan

Post by kina-chan » Feb 23rd, '09, 00:29

why wont they come to make a drama here? maybe in connecticut :]
i wish ohno would do an art exhibition in NYC

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Feb 23rd, '09, 06:52

Ah, or a drama in Canada. XD They never come to Canada. LOL.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 7th, '09, 13:36

Heres a question to all arashi fans which arashi member is the better actor?

riku_tsuyoi

Post by riku_tsuyoi » Mar 7th, '09, 22:01

Hmm, that's a hard one. I would say, they all are, in their own way. :P LOL.
Ah, Ohno did an amazing job in Maou where he was able to play a two-faced lawyer, but Jun also did a great job as Domyouji for Hanadan. Sho has his movies, which had different types of roles, as well. Aiba has a stage play right now, too! Ah, and of course, Nino acted in Letters from Iwo Jima, as well as many Jdramas.
But, personally, I love Nino's acting the most, but, like I had said earlier, they are all amazing actors. They make their characters believable, which is the whole point of acting, right?

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Mar 8th, '09, 10:00

i think i have to say matsujun, cause i've only seen hin and ohno in dramas so i don't have much to compare with haha

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Mar 11th, '09, 05:41

best actor in arashi = nino

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Mar 12th, '09, 04:33

Nino is definitely the best actor of the bunch.. the boy has talent.

But, honestly they're all pretty good. Sho seems to be the stiffest of them all.. but damn, is he good with children.. it's so cute it totally makes up for it xDD *papaSho <33 so cute*

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 30th, '09, 18:38

I've seen all the guys except Aiba in drama/films so I will exclude him from my list but I would say Ohno or Nino is the best actor.
Although Jun is my fav of the 5 I don't think he is the best actor.
For some reason, I find it hard to separate Jun or Sho's character from their real selfs which in my eyes means that they are not quite so good as Ohno and Nino because I tend to believe their characters and get more engrossed into their characters more...forgive me if this is not how you'd rate a good/bad actor.

Ok..my question now..without being biased on your fav...rank the 5 members in terms of who you think are the most/least popular?????

My guess is (based on reading random post/discussions/forums)...
1. MatsuJun
2. Sho
3. Nino
4. Aiba
5. Ohno

In terms of my fav it is:
1. MatsuJun
2. Ohno
3. Nino
4. Sho
5. Aiba

ai08conan

Post by ai08conan » Apr 6th, '09, 19:46

I live in the US and I'm visiting Japan this summer. I was wondering if it's possible for me to go watch VS Arashi on set while I'm there. I know you have to be a member of the Arashi fan club in order to go to their concerts, but do you have to be one to see Arashi on set? If it's possible, please tell me how I can do that. Damn...it's way harder to get close to a Johnny's than a Taiwanese star, isn't it?

ai08conan

Post by ai08conan » Apr 6th, '09, 19:47

Oh...and in terms of who's the better drama actor, I would have to say MatsuJun or Nino.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Apr 9th, '09, 21:50

ai08conan> yes you have to be a member to be on one of their shows, and as I understand it, it's extremely hard to get on one :( Sorry

jervui

Post by jervui » Apr 13th, '09, 02:39

I love it~!

FAMG

Post by FAMG » Apr 13th, '09, 20:00

Emmm do you really have to be a member of their fanclub to go to their concerts?! ... Oh and I know it has nothing to do with this but maybe someone knows; how can you access the arashian files website, I know some people still access it so I don't think it's closed down...