[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Feb 21st, '09, 11:04

omg im addicted every time i finish watching an episode im like flipping for the next episode to come xD Lmao Mameshiba is cho hot HUHU! :wub:

yuko-luff

Post by yuko-luff » Feb 22nd, '09, 06:14

this drama is so fun to watch. ^^
hiro is so adorable in this drama. i watched up until episode 6 and i'm really excited for the next epi. :)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 22nd, '09, 16:39

is ther another subbing team than timelesssub? Myasou hat always one more episode than this forum from timelessub.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 24th, '09, 10:54

^
Kai200X is doing soft subs ^^ TimeLesSub's pacing is okay since we're going to episode 7 now they will probably release episode 6 this week :)

1 hr til MnS ^^;; will do live blogging again

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 24th, '09, 11:21

hahaha... oh well.. timeless sub have many projects...

Akai Ito is also subbed by them I think.. hehehe... It's almost finished we are at Episode 10.. Its also a great Jdrama...

I've watched Ep 6 raw.. and now am gonna watch the subbed version...

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 24th, '09, 13:29

EPISODE 7 SUMMARY: MAJOR SPOILERS
http://heroismine.livejournal.com/326297.html

i think i kinda forgot how it ended LOL

ccdj
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ccdj » Feb 24th, '09, 14:21

Jazzl wrote:is ther another subbing team than timelesssub? Myasou hat always one more episode than this forum from timelessub.
Who is Myasou hat? Just curious though....

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » Feb 24th, '09, 14:21

colyn7 wrote:hahaha... oh well.. timeless sub have many projects...

Akai Ito is also subbed by them I think.. hehehe... It's almost finished we are at Episode 10.. Its also a great Jdrama...

I'm sorry, but even though we have MANY projects, since when have we not release almost an episode per week, being only 1 episode behind the current episode?

We are working hard for YOUR sake as FANS. Would you wish us not to take up any more projects and leave series unsubbed?

We are fansubbing for YOUR sake to ENJOY the drama. Please tell me which other fansub releases dramas at such consistency like clockwork? (I can name a few btw)

We have tried our best to shave off as much time between episodes during our process without sacrificing quality. We HAVE a life outside fansubbing. It is NOT as if we just sit in front of our computers and fansub all day long. Softsubs do not usually go through a few other steps like typesetting, and encoding which TAKES TIME.

In fact we are planning to expand next season and take up MORE projects than we have now, in order to bring you FANS as many subbed dramas as possible to enjoy. If you think that is unwise, then I think we at TLS should just stop fansubbing altogether.

I hope in future you would think twice and thrice before making a comment like "TLS is handling too many projects" and "TLS is so much slower than softsubs". Such comments discourage our team and question their reason to fansub for people like yourself.

citrone

Post by citrone » Feb 24th, '09, 15:28

three-ple-z wrote:
colyn7 wrote:hahaha... oh well.. timeless sub have many projects...

I'm sorry, but even though we have MANY projects, since when have we not release almost an episode per week, being only 1 episode behind the current episode?

We are working hard for YOUR sake as FANS. Would you wish us not to take up any more projects and leave series unsubbed?

We are fansubbing for YOUR sake to ENJOY the drama. Please tell me which other fansub releases dramas at such consistency like clockwork? (I can name a few btw)

We have tried our best to shave off as much time between episodes during our process without sacrificing quality. We HAVE a life outside fansubbing. It is NOT as if we just sit in front of our computers and fansub all day long. Softsubs do not usually go through a few other steps like typesetting, and encoding which TAKES TIME.

In fact we are planning to expand next season and take up MORE projects than we have now, in order to bring you FANS as many subbed dramas as possible to enjoy. If you think that is unwise, then I think we at TLS should just stop fansubbing altogether.

I hope in future you would think twice and thrice before making a comment like "TLS is handling too many projects" and "TLS is so much slower than softsubs". Such comments discourage our team and question their reason to fansub for people like yourself.
Please you should not get discouraged. I personally believe that you are great on the projects that you have taken. Thank you for your hard work and your marvelous quality in your jobs. I am very glad to hear that you are thinking to handle more projects

If you follow a show week by week we as FANS may become anxious of the following episodes which lead them spoilers, fast SS or even to check streaming sites with poor translations. But we should not forget that these subs (SS or HS) will be available for a long time and many new FANS will watch these shows in future even they had ended years before. Then having SS earlier would mean nothing but subtitle quality would differ. I believe that TLS's HS will be (and have been) great in that respect. I enjoyed many shows because of their dedicated work.

Personally I prefer to follow the series after they end. Hence you would not feel anxious! :D

:cheers:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 24th, '09, 17:34

ccdj wrote:
Jazzl wrote:is ther another subbing team than timelesssub? Myasou hat always one more episode than this forum from timelessub.
Who is Myasou hat? Just curious though....
sorry, made a mistake.. mysojou

hideko

Post by hideko » Feb 25th, '09, 02:40

... Am I just slow on the uptake, or did anyone else notice that the vast majority of the butler's names are subway stations in Tokyo.....? (The exceptions being the Shibatas and Shinobu...)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 25th, '09, 03:17

hideko wrote:... Am I just slow on the uptake, or did anyone else notice that the vast majority of the butler's names are subway stations in Tokyo.....? (The exceptions being the Shibatas and Shinobu...)
:lol ...thats funny

Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Feb 25th, '09, 09:04

I think its great what TLS are doing is really something i mean putting up subs within 4 or 5 days! Most people do not know how much time and work it efforts to make good subs they think you just translate everything and paste it somewhere they don't know you got the set the timing and you must adjust every little thing about it.. I once tried to sub some things just short things and i got crazy i never got to finish it you really must be patience to this sort of work and escpecially if u must sub something of almost an hour! What i wanted to sub was like 5 mins =S (maybe i just really suck at it) but its rlly much work so i rlly apreciate what you guys are doing for many fans who can't understand the language even though you guys have your own life and are like putting on effort for somebody elses sake its a real nice thing to do and not everybody would do something like this, i hope also the fans will apreciate what you guys are doing for them more now. And keep on subbing! :thumright:

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 25th, '09, 11:13

Wow... and just when I think that this show can't surprise me, they dish out such an intense episode!
Poor Rihito... Poor Mei...
So the inevitable crash came sooner than expected. And now, Lucia-sama got him back... but I wonder if Lucia'll be happy with having her toy back. Also, why did Rihito leave? The entire thing's getting more and more mysterious. Did he run away from his feelings? Did Lucia try to force him into something he didn't want? I mean, it's tell-tale when the first thing that draws Rihito to Mei is watching her taking care of his brother. Why did this leave such a strong impression on Rihito?
I do understand why Rihito didn't try to persuade Mei to stay, though. After overhearing er conversation with Kanto about how she used to be happy back home in her old life, and knowing what kind of pain he caused her - now she even got almost killed by Tami's henchmen - all his promises to protect her and be her shield in the end were just empty words. He couldn't protect her from Lucia or Tami, he couldn't protect her from himself by allowing her to fall in love with him. Now he's suffering to the point of falling ill... the butler Lucia now has in her "possesion" probably will still be nice and efficient as an s-rank butler... but his heart is broken... maybe we'll see a continuation of what was hinted at in the two weeks of seperation in episode 6? I wonder if Rihito's spirit was broken along with his heart. Will he be empty-eyed and just going through the moves? Or will he rebound?
Mei... she made a brave choice. Some might call her coward for running away, but if I was in her shoes, seeing my best friend being injured with that ever growing thread of "this is only the beginning" hanging in the air... I wouldn't want the people I care about to get hurt just because of me.
Also, she still thinks that Rihito wants to be with Lucia. Even with what Tami said, after what happened she wouldn't believe a word about it. And of course Rihito didn't try to hold her back. Every one else did, but not Rihito. Sure, he explained to her what she means to him, but it needs a lot more than that in the face of the threat that Lucia poses to persuade Mei to return/stay.

Lucia... even though Tami admitted on planning everything, but unless it was just Tami and Shinobu conspiring behind Lucia's back and them taking her words too literal, Lucia would still be the driving force, making others do the dirty work for her to come out lily-white and innocent in the end.
Regarding subs... Dear subbing-crew, don't let those "fans" who just demand and behave like they are entitled to get subs right now... don't let yourself being put under pressure by those brain dead selfish "I-want" people.
Those egoists who just want and want, and don't have the decency to roll up their sleeves and help you in the hard work that subtitling is, they have no right to talk big and make you feel bad. So please, don't allow them to disencourage you.

I'm very grateful for the effort you put into the subs. You add information in there that helps me understand the "inside-jokes".

I'm a fansubber myself, and I do know how long it takes to do translations , what a pain in the rear end timing is, and how many days of work go into one episode.

Dear "I want-my-subs-now" crowd... your average 60-minute show has around 800-1000 lines that require translation, and if you work from scratch, you also have to transcribe those lines first!... so, how fast can you "entitlement much"-crowd translate 800-1000 sentences? How many hours can you be bothered to sit in front of the screen and watch a scene dozens of times, watch, rewind, watch, rewind, make the timing fit perfectly...?
And not just do it one time, but do it repeatedly every week?
Dar "Entitlement much" crowd... if you want your subs faster, get your lazy behinds into gear, join a subbing group and WORK.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 25th, '09, 12:09

@ kanshu, yet again another great insight. JUST LOVE IT.
last night ep was the most emotional ep ever. i can't remember myself in tears with any of previous eps but ep 7 was really sad and great at the same time.
somehow i really saw that coming. for rihito to fall ill because of so much he is holding inside. are we going to see rihito serving shiori with those dead eyes and no emotions?
and he is shirori's favourite "toy" he probably thinks there is no way out anymore.

to be honest, when tami confessed about being the one who planned everything, i had a moment of feeling guilty about shiori but then remembered her tearing off mei's pic in ep 1 and i am convinced that she is the one who gives the orders from above but it is up to shinobu or tami how to carry it out.

but the preview of ep 8 looks very promising. as both kento and rihito are fighting over mei and when kento said i am not giving up on mei, rihito said me too. so he has decided to fight back for his love.
ok, this drama is getting very good by each eps. it is only going from strength to strength. if it carries like this, i think it can match HYD in popularity even though has none of johnny's guys.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 25th, '09, 13:26

Issy wrote:@ kanshu, yet again another great insight. JUST LOVE IT.
last night ep was the most emotional ep ever. i can't remember myself in tears with any of previous eps but ep 7 was really sad and great at the same time.
somehow i really saw that coming. for rihito to fall ill because of so much he is holding inside. are we going to see rihito serving shiori with those dead eyes and no emotions?
and he is shirori's favourite "toy" he probably thinks there is no way out anymore.

to be honest, when tami confessed about being the one who planned everything, i had a moment of feeling guilty about shiori but then remembered her tearing off mei's pic in ep 1 and i am convinced that she is the one who gives the orders from above but it is up to shinobu or tami how to carry it out.

but the preview of ep 8 looks very promising. as both kento and rihito are fighting over mei and when kento said i am not giving up on mei, rihito said me too. so he has decided to fight back for his love.
ok, this drama is getting very good by each eps. it is only going from strength to strength. if it carries like this, i think it can match HYD in popularity even though has none of johnny's guys.
Thanks. :) I also like your insights. :) And I'm enjoying this show immensely... it almost made me start writing fanfic yesterday! :scratch:
Rihito: Like I said, I really wonder what happened betwen him and Lucia that he ran away in the first place. A love story? Or did she depend too much on him? How many years was he her butler? Did Lucia ever treat him like a person, or was he always her "toy"? Is that why the friendship between Kento and Mei, the simple way in which Mei approaches life and embraces people, got to Rihito?
Though, I somewhat wonder if there was actually a relationship between Lucia&Rihito. If so, then Rihto's reaction to Mei would've been different. If this was just a love that was forced apart, Rihito would've discouraged Mei, because he'd be a "burnt child", having gone through the heartache already.
So maybe it's just one-sided from Lucia? Is that why he was on the run? Or could what Rihito told Mei be just part of the truth, where the piece that is missing could render everything completely different?

The future... from the preview, it seems as if Kento&Mei rebuild her old life, at least to a degree. And Rihito returned to Lucia as her butler... since Mei probably also "stepped down" as heiress, I guess she won't expecting any further problems... and Rihito should (no matter how depressed he is) still feel that things are better the way they are now because Mei's happier that way...

So, why would Rihito react so strongly to Kento saying that he won't give up on Mei? What drives him to actually voice that (regardless of how he might feel about it, but acting on it will put Mei in danger again), and risk having the wrong ears overhear things?
Either, the risk that Lucia poses was removed (maybe she set Rihito free when she sees him suffer? But would that be in character for her?), or maybe Mei suffered so badly that Kento will try to get Rihito and Mei together again? But there's also the option that maybe Rihito's doing so bad that Kento's worried about his brother's health?

What is interesting about Rihito's personality is that on one side, he's very intelligent (Kento mentioning about Rihito's top academic grades), and it needs a lot of willpower and dedication to become the number 1 butler, the s-rank, at his young age. Still, he's helpless and weak where it comes to feelings, i.e. his own.
S-rank requires for him to suppress all feelings and just show a smiling face, be the perfect servant, always pleasent to have him around. Coming from that kind of harsh training, one would expect him to understand himself better and being able to handle his feelings in a proper way (like, I'd love to see him working out to get rid of his anger - those butlers are also somewhat of bodyguards, so there should be some excercises going on...right?)... but all that Rihito does is bottle up everything, suppress is to a point where things get troublesome and out of control. Maybe it's his lack of life-experience. He's still very young, in his early twenties. Most of his time, he spent learning how to be a perfect butler, studying hard. But I wonder how much time he had to grow up and mature as a person?
Sometimes, I think that even Kento's more grown up than Rihito is. I mean, Kento's making more adult decisions than Rihito does, and he also's not afraid to face consequences. Rihito's way of handling things sometimes remind me of a scared rabbit.
Ah, I really can't wait for the next episode (even if I don't understand much of what is said... but right now, just watching the episode raw already is a lot of fun!)...

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 25th, '09, 15:08

regardig rihito
from what i understood from last night ep, he said that left shiori because weird stuff started happening around them and he could not find an answer. i am asuming that is something to do with shiori finding out about mei's existence and trying to get her out of hongo family picture.

for some reason's i really can't see that rihito had any feeling about shiori. it might have been only one sided love from shiori but more like that shiori wanted to hold of everything great in her life (including a s-rank butler).

i too think that kento is more grown up than rihito in knowing what actually he wants. because sometimes rihito gives you the impression of not realising what is going up with him. it is like he still has not believed it 100% that he is in love with mei for real.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Feb 25th, '09, 15:22

Episode 7's aired right? Does anyone know where the torrent link is?

Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Feb 25th, '09, 16:40

sefilily wrote:Episode 7's aired right? Does anyone know where the torrent link is?
You can also watch at streaming site dramacrazy.net but its low quality so if if u want HQ u can wait till tomorow they will put it up then.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 25th, '09, 17:09

Issy wrote:regardig rihito
from what i understood from last night ep, he said that left shiori because weird stuff started happening around them and he could not find an answer. i am asuming that is something to do with shiori finding out about mei's existence and trying to get her out of hongo family picture.

for some reason's i really can't see that rihito had any feeling about shiori. it might have been only one sided love from shiori but more like that shiori wanted to hold of everything great in her life (including a s-rank butler).

i too think that kento is more grown up than rihito in knowing what actually he wants. because sometimes rihito gives you the impression of not realising what is going up with him. it is like he still has not believed it 100% that he is in love with mei for real.
Mmm... actually, I think it's very well possible that Shiori (or the dynamic Tami&Shinobu-duo) is behind the death of Mei's parents. But if that is the case, then why not wipe out those three at the same time? Why risking for Mei to possibly return? Or was Mei supposed to die in that accident, too? And why did the attempts on her life stop? I mean, outside of the blowing up of her home and the arrows shot at her in episode 1, there hasn't been any attempt on her life. So what happened? Did Rihito do much more "behind the scenes" than we saw?

Regard Rihito:
I also don't think he was in love with Shiori... maybe he felt affectionate for her, but nothing compared to the strong feelings that Mei managed to ignite in him. :)
And you are right, he's still somewhat in denial about his feelings. Episodes 5+6 certainly were an eye-opener for Rihito, but he always was able to pretend that "everything will turn out fine if I just pretend nothing's wrong". But he messed up so badly!
It's most visibly that he's fighting with his feelings when you take into consideration how he reacts to the other butlers having feelings for their ladies. While he was pretty cold about Aoyama having to leave his lady in ep 2, you could see how deeply he was moved when Kiba and Nazu were placed in a similar situation. Not to forget Daimon, who cares like a big brother/father for Miruku...
It was as if he finally understood them... because he found that same longing and caring in his own heart. He can't bear any more to be separated from Mei... but he has no problems to be separated from Shiori.

Now... now that Rihito has actually lost Mei, I think he'll be forced to examine his feelings for her. So next episode will see Rihito's darkest hours... but I gues it will also be the episode where he finally overcomes his doubts. :)

I'm kind of curious, though, how they'll handle the pairings. At this point in the story, both Rihito and Kento have the same chance of ending up with Mei in the end. While Mei loves Rihito, obviously, there are also still a lot of unanswered questions surrounding him. Depending on what Rihito's involved in, or what he knew, things still might turn in favor of Kento. Especially since he has been with Mei all the time and protected her where Rihito was painstakingly absent - despite his promises to protect her...
I wonder, how much did Mei's last words of good-bye stung Rihito?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 25th, '09, 22:51

kanshu wrote:Mmm... actually, I think it's very well possible that Shiori (or the dynamic Tami&Shinobu-duo) is behind the death of Mei's parents. But if that is the case, then why not wipe out those three at the same time? Why risking for Mei to possibly return? Or was Mei supposed to die in that accident, too? And why did the attempts on her life stop? I mean, outside of the blowing up of her home and the arrows shot at her in episode 1, there hasn't been any attempt on her life. So what happened? Did Rihito do much more "behind the scenes" than we saw?
again for some reason's i have no doubt that evil trio (shiori/shinobu/tami) are behind mei's parent accident. the fact that they did not give us any info about how her parents died and in a such rushed way, it could well mean that they are going back to that part in later eps.

some how i think mei was suppose to die with her parents too but it did not happened and blowing up her house was too complete their previous failed plan. but it failed again becausew rihito was there to save her.

and howcome out of all those places, he ends up where mei lives (unless he had decided to see his brother). i guess that he went to find out about those weird stuff that had all connections with mei.
as for pairing at the end. YES, kento has almost equal chance as rihito to end up with mei. and he deos deserve to be equally and fairly too. he has helped mei as much as rihito and sometimes more. i am really excited to see how they want to end this story. if they already have not decided on a second series. and does the fact that manga is not finished yet will/can has any effects on the ending?
i am personally rooting for rihito x mei ending. but can't help not to feel for kento too. there is no doubt that the one mei loves the most is rihito. those scenes where mei is crying alone remembering her times with rihito were so emotional. so, will kento give up on mei and let her be with the one she loves?
or will mei will develope a new love for kento and has to decide between two brothers.
as for shiori, it is very hard for me to see that she will let rihito go to one he really likes. but as rihito once left her, i guess he still can do that again if he thinks mei's life is in danger and this time making the decision is much easier because he know her very well. unlike the 1st time.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 25th, '09, 23:08

now the question is who is going to get MEI now
she knows her firend like her and she also knows her buttler(rihito) likes her... :blink
two brothers :unsure: one girl whats next..........>>>>>>>>>>>

oh and feel so bad for tami buttler now i wonder what will happen to him :cry:
Last edited by misuzana on Mar 2nd, '09, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

fragolina

Post by fragolina » Feb 26th, '09, 08:37

This drama is getting better and better. Now i'm totally addicted. I feel rihito's feelings between his silence.:wub: Great acting. Hiro Nana Takeru, i like all of you!

I really love reading the insight of you guys in this discussion. It makes me enjoy this show more and more. :w00t:
now the question is who is going to get MEI now
she knows her firend like her and she also knows her buttler(rihito) likes her... Blink
two brothers Unsure one girl whats next..........>>>>>>>>>>>
i haven't seen episode 7 yet but from your spoiler, now i only hope they'll not decide to end the show with Mei paired with none of the brothers. :glare:
Manga is still at volume 8 and now it's a bit confusing too.
Luckily the drama is not exactly after the happenings in the manga. I think the manga is more complicated and the characters are more mature despite their young age. Shiori is totally a psyco to use violence on Rihito :blink

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 26th, '09, 09:25

Issy wrote: again for some reason's i have no doubt that evil trio (shiori/shinobu/tami) are behind mei's parent accident. the fact that they did not give us any info about how her parents died and in a such rushed way, it could well mean that they are going back to that part in later eps.

some how i think mei was suppose to die with her parents too but it did not happened and blowing up her house was too complete their previous failed plan. but it failed again becausew rihito was there to save her.

and howcome out of all those places, he ends up where mei lives (unless he had decided to see his brother). i guess that he went to find out about those weird stuff that had all connections with mei.
as for pairing at the end. YES, kento has almost equal chance as rihito to end up with mei. and he deos deserve to be equally and fairly too. he has helped mei as much as rihito and sometimes more. i am really excited to see how they want to end this story. if they already have not decided on a second series. and does the fact that manga is not finished yet will/can has any effects on the ending?
i am personally rooting for rihito x mei ending. but can't help not to feel for kento too. there is no doubt that the one mei loves the most is rihito. those scenes where mei is crying alone remembering her times with rihito were so emotional. so, will kento give up on mei and let her be with the one she loves?
or will mei will develope a new love for kento and has to decide between two brothers.
as for shiori, it is very hard for me to see that she will let rihito go to one he really likes. but as rihito once left her, i guess he still can do that again if he thinks mei's life is in danger and this time making the decision is much easier because he know her very well. unlike the 1st time.
Interesting point you bring up about Rihito ending up in Kento's village. Yes, why indeed?
Given the bad relationship between the brothers, and the (possible?) background that unless their parents are retired, Kento would probably live with some other relative in Mei's village... Or maybe, the grandfather knew all along about Mei's existence and sent part of the butler family there to keep an eye on them, and only decided to intervene after his son's death.
Also, if I go by the summary of ep 7, didn't Rihito say he kept on watching her in his little speech? Now, how did he do that if he just stayed for a short visit, and how comes that Kento reacted so surprised seeing Rihito again in the first episode, as if those two hadn't seen each other in years?
Something's really smelly, and it's not Nezu's aftershave! :P

Regarding the pairing and the manga not having ended... yes, that could mean a huge difference. Unless the mangaka "gave away" the ending, it's possible that the script writer made their own ending. They already did a lot of changes (for which I'm really thankful... had they kept things like they were in the manga, I would've stopped watching after 5 minutes)... so the ending might not be what we expect.
(And I'm also rooting for Rihito/Mei, because those two just seem to belong together. :))
Still, Rihito's on a very different level from Mei - no matter what constellation you have. As the granddaughter of his employer, she's out of his league for anything that goes beyond mere hanky-panky. She's going to be married off one day to some other rich dude... all he could do would be to remain as her butler.
Of course, she could also decide to run away with him, but that would be a huge step for Rihito. He's not just an s-rank butler and proud of it, he also has the entire family tradition of his family piled on his shoulders. There "has" to be a butler from his family serving the head of Mei's family. Kento's utter refusal of becoming a butler (lind of like being the "black sheep"), of continuing generations of family tradition (and my assumption that there are no other males in their generation who are willing to pick up the job, or have the qualification/training needed) leaves Rihito in this spot. If he breaks the tradition, he's shaming the family.
That aside, it would need some getting used to living in Mei's "environment". I wonder how Rihito would fare in that small restaurant... would he forget about all the prestige and appreciation he received when he was a butler for the Hongo-family? I mean, he even got a "sama" attached to his name...

Kento is very much used to the "normal" life. You can see how uncomfortable he feels in the "rich" environment. I guess he feels pretty much like Mei in that aspect.
He's also not a lazy bone, he'll pull his weight. If he puts his mind to it, he can beat Rihito... and Kento's more determined, too. Just think about that Rihito needed two attempts to master the 24-hours attention, where Kento just needed one attempt.

Also, after rewatching the preview for episode 8? I think that Kento and Mei really returned becausesomeone informed them that Rihito wasn't doing well at all. Perhaps it was Rose, perhaps one of the other students? The reason why I think this is because of how Rihito looks (not his expression, but his face). It lookes as if he was all hollow cheeked and had dark circles under his eyes... also, it took him a real while to react to Kento's "baiting"... I really need to download the HD quality this time, methinks!
But I wonder if the writers will make Rihito suffer for another half episode... or if the story will take a completely different turn altogether. :)

v3

Post by v3 » Feb 26th, '09, 11:28

Ohayo mina
Love eHiro so much I glad I can see hiro in this movie

v3

Post by v3 » Feb 26th, '09, 11:39

Would somebody tell me How to use Divx, n what's the different with avi or flv?

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 26th, '09, 12:10

v3 wrote:Would somebody tell me How to use Divx, n what's the different with avi or flv?
Try the FAQ, they have a very good explanation in regards to your question. :)

URL for the FAQ: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15864
And the specific FAQ for video questions: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 455#141455 :thumleft:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 26th, '09, 12:43

Regarding Mei and who she ends up with:

I think it is totally possible that she ends up with neither brother. I do believe that she and Rihito will express feelings for one another, but that the two will not end up a couple. For some reason, (and I know I shouldn't) I keep thinking of the HanaKimi ending. Could it be possible that both brothers leave or that Mei leaves to open her own place somewhere? Somehow, I just don't think it will end with a happy couple, like a romantic comedy. I think it will be more implied.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '09, 13:23

as for pairing at the end
having said that i am rooting for mei x rihito ending, i really can't see any common between these two though. i mean they both come from completely different backgrounds and worlds. but this does not mean that they can't live togther at all. as we know, apposite attracts. but also it all depends on what kind of relationship these two will have together.
as a mastress and butler, it works perfectly because mei needs all rihito's knowledge and expertise to be a person who can carry the heavy weight of being a hongo family heiress.
if she would be the next hongo family heiress, as kanshu said, she has to marry a wealthy suitor as all girls in st lucia knew. in manga the grandfather has decided that rihito will marry mei from the start. this is just very hard to accept (no offence to any butlers) as this does not happen often in real world. (ok, i know this is ony a manga).
rihito with all his qualifications ransk still remains a butler from a family that served hongo family for generations.
i guess to people like us is no problem, but i am sure is a different case when it comes to families like hongo. but one thing, confused me in ep 1 or 2, when rihito went to see the grandfather after mei finding out about shiori's real identity. according to subtitles, the grandfather said "i don't mind" when he saw rihito is in a confused state about mei. so, was he actually implying that he does not mind mei to be with rihito and giving him a hint?
now if rihito decides to be with mei NOT as her butler :P , this is going to be even more interesting to watch (not so hopeful if they it is going to be done though) considering their different views on almost everything. :lol not to mention that kento will fit perfectly in her old enviroment.

and now the possibilty that mei ends up with niether? actually, it is also possible but i really think that it will make lots of fans disappointed so they are heading that way, it really should be done in a way that fans still will love the show.
personally, it happened to me in sometimes where i really loved a show so much and then got so much disappointed by its ending that made dislike that drama to a point of never wanting to re-watch and see anything else about it. i think this ending only is possible if they are already deciding on a 2nd season.

OH, and i re-watched the preview of ep8 again, :blink (i am getting woried about myself) as it seems, mei does go back to st lucia again and as it seen not only Rose but also all of st lucia residens gone to natsumi's house to make mei come back. and yes again, i saw how rihito looked when was standing there. just like a ghost.

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Feb 26th, '09, 17:20

I want a happyending for MeixRihito ^^_________^^ .... There is something about them ... i feel like they have something makes me think they are made for each other ... About Kento, i think he is awesome in later episodes but he can't make me feel that something will happen between him & Mei ... ^______^ this is my own opinion because i so felt for rihito ... and i think , Kento is so small when he stand by Mei ... In Manga, mei's grandfather said to Rihito that " Rihito, make love with her as soon as possibe "... So I think, eventhough the drama has many points different from the manga, but the main point can's be changed ... Like the way of the Boy over flowers Korean drama T_________T ... As for Mei to become the heiress of Hongo Corp. I think Rihito is the best choice for her to get married ^_______^ ... He has knowledge , he is trained overseas , since he was a child ^_________^ , from manga, Rihito was the one who MEi's grandfather chose to be together with mei because of Rihito's granfather's fault ( Help Mei's parents run away from Hongo ^^ ).. so Mei's grandfather taught Rihito everything to help him gain everything ( The purpose must be protecting Mei ) but didn't tell him anything about that. So Rihito can't express his felling because he thinks he can't love her ... But Episode 8 is really something . Rihito says he is not giving up on mei ^_________^ i love that part , can't wait anymore ...This drama is getting better and better and I prefer it than any drama at the time ^_____^ ... From what i saw, seem like Rihito is forced to serve that **** SHIORI, he is doing that because he is afraid of something Shiori will do to Mei? or he lost Mei and he can't control his felling if he doesn't work .. so he serve Shiori without emotions, with a dead eyes T____________T And in ep 7, i can see something wrong with Shinobu, i think now Rihito is back, he must feel bad because the Girl he love has the " favorite toy " and kind of forgeting about him ...

fragolina

Post by fragolina » Feb 26th, '09, 18:09

as a mastress and butler, it works perfectly because mei needs all rihito's knowledge and expertise to be a person who can carry the heavy weight of being a hongo family heiress.
if she would be the next hongo family heiress, as kanshu said, she has to marry a wealthy suitor as all girls in st lucia knew. in manga the grandfather has decided that rihito will marry mei from the start. this is just very hard to accept (no offence to any butlers) as this does not happen often in real world. (ok, i know this is ony a manga).
rihito with all his qualifications ransk still remains a butler from a family that served hongo family for generations.
i guess to people like us is no problem, but i am sure is a different case when it comes to families like hongo. but one thing, confused me in ep 1 or 2, when rihito went to see the grandfather after mei finding out about shiori's real identity. according to subtitles, the grandfather said "i don't mind" when he saw rihito is in a confused state about mei. so, was he actually implying that he does not mind mei to be with rihito and giving him a hint?

Totally agree with you but i think that perhaps
the drama will be after the manga about the grandfather decision. Now we haven't seen the grandfather for 3 episodes but i think that the question of his choice for Mei's husband is clear. He spoke to Rihito like to a niece's boyfriend :P Perhaps Mei and Rihito will be separated in the end and then reunited by the grandfather's decision?
And i don't think the word of Rose-sama were conicidental. In episode 5 she mentioned Mei's mother. A love story of the past connected to Rihito?

nickel56

Post by nickel56 » Feb 26th, '09, 18:28

*gasp*
a big revelation in ep 7! not sure if anyone else caught this..
there's the scene with rose & shiori after mei has left, rose asked shiori if she will truely be happy keeping a souless rihito by her side. and shiori questioned her back, whether she has been happy having <b>her fiance snatched away</b>.

this has definitely got to be mei's father then! which explains how that letter in ep5 came about...

fragolina

Post by fragolina » Feb 26th, '09, 18:30

hang_1988 wrote:I want a happyending for MeixRihito ^^_________^^ .... There is something about them ... i feel like they have something makes me think they are made for each other ... About Kento, i think he is awesome in later episodes but he can't make me feel that something will happen between him & Mei ... ^______^ this is my own opinion because i so felt for rihito ... and i think , Kento is so small when he stand by Mei ...
Totally totally agree with you. I only hope to see more of the MeiXRihito as a couple. Till now is all suspence, glances and silence. We have senn more of MeiXKento. It seems that is Kento who talk to her more and understand her more. In the manga the first volumes have more of Mei and Rihito relationship.
Now i will wait for the subs for episode 7. :D
there's the scene with rose & shiori after mei has left, rose asked shiori if she will truely be happy keeping a souless rihito by her side. and shiori questioned her back, whether she has been happy having her fiance snatched away.

this has definitely got to be mei's father then! which explains how that letter in ep5 came about...
I guessed right. Now i'm more impatient!!!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 26th, '09, 21:55

nickel56 wrote:*gasp*
a big revelation in ep 7! not sure if anyone else caught this..
there's the scene with rose & shiori after mei has left, rose asked shiori if she will truely be happy keeping a souless rihito by her side. and shiori questioned her back, whether she has been happy having <b>her fiance snatched away</b>.

YES, YES, YES. :P i noticed that and was goingt to comment about it.
in previous eps, Rose said that both mother and daughter have the ability of keeping a man deveted to them (or something like that).

now considering the fact that st lucia is only place for super rich kids, Rosa was one of its student before and most probably mei's father fiance (hence her still keeping in touch with the grand father). maybe, that letter was not from mei's mother but from her dad to his ex-fiance became his friend (as we see how she replied to shiori indacating that she has no grudge agaist mei's dad) telling her how she and his family doing.

maybe rose was the person who grandfather used to keep in touch to know of his son's where abouts and his doing and keeping an eye on him. because even though he looks strange but i really think deep down he cares about his son. that is why he wants mei to take over hongo family and wants to be strong.

this brings about why he adopted shiori in the first place? i think he needed to have heiress after him infront of everyone eyes. and after official departure of mei's father, he just could not wait for him to come back even if he wanted so.
he always wanted mei to take over hongo family and now that her parents are gone, he has no reason to keep it a secret. shiori's recent evil actions gave him more reasons for it too.
and YES, i can't imagine mei being with anyone other than rihito too. they do look like that belong to each other. no matter how different they are from eachother. :wub:
OH, and i am also waiting for mei to call rihito by his name. since she met him in ep 1, she has never said his name . not even ONCE. or, have i missed it? :scratch:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 27th, '09, 01:18

Issy wrote: OH, and i am also waiting for mei to call rihito by his name. since she met him in ep 1, she has never said his name . not even ONCE. or, have i missed it? :scratch:

You know, now what I think about. . . I don't think she's ever said his name. When she speaks about him, she uses pronouns and when she speaks to him, she says 'you'.

Kazen

Post by Kazen » Feb 27th, '09, 01:43

OH, and i am also waiting for mei to call rihito by his name. since she met him in ep 1, she has never said his name . not even ONCE. or, have i missed it? :scratch:
You haven't missed it--I've been waiting for it, too! Will she add the -sama, go with -san, or just say plain "Rihito"? I'm dying to know!

I've also been waiting for a smile from Rihito that shows some teeth. As far as I can tell we've only seen one--in ep one, around the 'I'll be your sword/shield" line. He does show some pearly whites in the end credits, but that doesn't count. :P

I get the feeling that the closed mouth smile is polite, S-rank, and "Rihito the butler" while an open mouthed smile is "Rihito the man". I'd really like to see it...

edit: silly code

jubilantia

Re: Rose-sama's past and plot twists

Post by jubilantia » Feb 27th, '09, 02:18

RE: everybody's plot twist musings with Rose...
I wonder if Mei's Mom and Dad were a butler/lady pair... although that doesn't really make sense because if he was a Hongo he wouldn't be a butler. BUT maybe he was the second son or something and butlered for a hobby..?
Anyway it's really fun to speculate.

cammy_blue

Post by cammy_blue » Feb 27th, '09, 03:36

OH I just watched ep 7 in raw. I am waiting for the subs, but this raw watching is fun. Kind of improves my listening..I think haha. So thank you to everyone who posted their opinions, I think I was able to understand more too :D

I also noticed that Mei has never called Rihito by his name. It's always "neeee" or just starts talking. They are so cute. I am definately rooting for them. I thought ep 6 was good with Mameshiba, but Rihito's scene was just as good.
I also want to know more about why he left Shiori in the first place. Like, what stuff was happening that made him feel so uncomfortable. I can't help but feel it is one sided feelings from Shiori's side. Everytime she's hugged/around him, he looks so uncomfortable. It's like the ice queen near him. With mei, even though everyone else made fun of her, his posture and look always seemed like he was proud to serve Mei. I really liked that.

I also find it so interesting how Mameshiba can quit being a butler so easily (though I know his real reason for starting in the first place) but for Rihito, even if he doesn't want to go back to Shiori, he won't quit. He will continue his job even if he's souless.

lunas

Post by lunas » Feb 27th, '09, 04:26

I think the reason
Kento quits being a butler so easily because he's not fully a butler yet but just an apprentice. Is it a family obligation that Rihito has to stay? I'm dying to know more about why Rihito cannot quit being a butler but his brother can do it so easily
It's fun to read all of these spoiler and speculation.

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Feb 27th, '09, 07:59

I think Rihito can't quit for being butler because he has do something to repay Mei's grandfather. As you know, Rihito's garandfather help Mei's father run away from home and became normal people but Mei's grandfather did forgive Rihito's grandfather, and let him continue his job as Hongo's butler for generation... Due to the manga, Rihito has to pay for his grandfather's fault by his own life ( Of course, he is forced to become Mei's husband in the beginning but his feeling has changed, he became to love Mei, and want to by her side forever ... ) ... I think in the drama, Rihito doesn't know about it, so he can't quit his job to chase Mei because he think he can't make his grandfather be sad ... Kento was not supposed to be the best choice, so he wasn't raised as a butler, he became a butler because he wants to be near Mei, he doesn't want to separate... I think Mei has to come back to St Lucia to face with her own happiness ...she has to know everything and has to understand Rihito's feeling, and everything he has to suffer ...and try to help him out ... :-) ...

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Feb 27th, '09, 13:50

Ive read in the ep07 review in tvaddict that...

Rihito left Lucia because her heart turned into black, he questioned himself as a butler since he couldn't prevent the deterioration of his mistress' personality. Also, he had no other way since he knew Lucia's affection for him yet he would not be able to reciprocate it. With that premise, Rihito- Lucia relationship is no more than unrequited love.

***if i misinterpreted...sorry in advance*** :P :P

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Feb 27th, '09, 14:03

:wub: like others, I am also excited to hear Mei call Rihito by his name coz she didn't since #1 episode. Kento is worthy and can stand on the same ground w/ his older bro but then Mei-Rihito tandem has this some kind of spark. :w00t:

Is Shinubo inlove with Lucia, he seemed upset when Rihito is back in Lucia's world? [just my observation]

Can't wait for ep08, hoping that Rihito will finally give a green signal on his love for Mei. :wub:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 27th, '09, 17:11

icheaven wrote::wub: like others, I am also excited to hear Mei call Rihito by his name coz she didn't since #1 episode. Kento is worthy and can stand on the same ground w/ his older bro but then Mei-Rihito tandem has this some kind of spark. :w00t:

Is Shinubo inlove with Lucia, he seemed upset when Rihito is back in Lucia's world? [just my observation]

Can't wait for ep08, hoping that Rihito will finally give a green signal on his love for Mei. :wub:
ep 8? is 7 out yet?

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Feb 27th, '09, 17:25

yes episode 7 is out last tuesday...(-: [but its only raw...)

hazi_yu

Post by hazi_yu » Feb 28th, '09, 17:21

oooh for those who noticed the possible rose and mei father's twist thingymajiggy,great job!that thought didnt even cross my mind, i was just shocked at rose suddenly appearing in lucia's house/garden/plotting cave that i didnt even put 2 and 2 together!

as for the love triangle, i must admit that this is the first time im actually confused about my choice!and this is a big thing for me to say because i watch a whole slew of dramas (japanese korean taiwanese hindi english indonesian thai malay chinese and you name it i watch it) but this is really the first drama that makes me torn.being a big fan of hiro, initially i obviously rooted for rihito/mei.however, as the drama progressed, and particularly since kento is just giving me warm fuzzy feelings with his dedication to mei, i dont know what to think!

on the surface yes, i am still on for rihito/mei but the wonderful acting, especially the last scene with the beautiful scenery and kento's determination in protecting mei, my heart just went oh noooo!please dont make me choose uhuhu. kudos to mameshiba for his wonderful acting. he has won me over despite the fact that i hate his hair. its probably his cute suspenders and nice checkered shirt that finally did me in heh heh.

and that lucia woman is REALLY getting on my nerves!i really feel like taking one of those big plasticky flowers that she has on her head and stuffing it into her mouth.

and is it just me or are we seeing another layer of complexity to shinobu's character? maybe im reading too much but i wondered at his motivation behind stopping that psychotic tami from sticking a knife into her butler.and when he saw lucia-sama going all pyscho-googly over rihito in bed, was that a troubled look i saw on his face?hmmmmm..

uwah this drama is making me unable to lead a proper life!refreshing the subs page every chance i get (thank you kai and his team for the great subs), staring at the download bar and willing it to go faster, and rewatching it over and over on my mp4 (courtesy of timeless subs).speaking of timeless subs, i loveeee their extra asides to help us understand the drama better!and they even take the trouble to make it the same font/colour as the thing they are subbing (eg the note from mei to aoyama's mistress,the letter that rose was holding etc.)it is just soo pretty and i actually pause my video to read every single detail.thank you timeless subs for the kick ass quality! =)

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '09, 21:55

ok, i need to see ep 7 with subs so i know more what i am talking about.

but this is the first time i am getting so addicted to a drama even though i was really worried when i finished dling ep1 and just saw the first few mins. thank god i did not deleted it straight away and gave it another chance with subs. even though my whole aim of watching was for hiro's sake only, but i could believe that they make a drama even crazier than hana kimi.

oh, and please don't remind me of kento's act. i am feeling for him more and more with each ep but i really don't want to betray Rihito. wilth all my love to hiro, but i really think takeru sato is doing an excellent job so far. maybe because his role is much more active in emotions than rihito. i am not sure.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 28th, '09, 22:50

hazi_yu wrote: uwah this drama is making me unable to lead a proper life!refreshing the subs page every chance i get (thank you kai and his team for the great subs)
who is it?

Issy wrote:ok, i need to see ep 7 with subs so i know more what i am talking about.

but this is the first time i am getting so addicted to a drama even though i was really worried when i finished dling ep1 and just saw the first few mins. thank god i did not deleted it straight away and gave it another chance with subs. even though my whole aim of watching was for hiro's sake only, but i could believe that they make a drama even crazier than hana kimi.

oh, and please don't remind me of kento's act. i am feeling for him more and more with each ep but i really don't want to betray Rihito. wilth all my love to hiro, but i really think takeru sato is doing an excellent job so far. maybe because his role is much more active in emotions than rihito. i am not sure.

i think your right..
i am attached to kento but i am definitly not for this pairing, because i don't have the feeling"they could be a good pair".. due to mei's reactions, the fact that kento is smaller than mei and the fact that they've known each other i just can't think of them as a pairing. I don't think they have this chemistry.
On the other hand.. what about rihito? It should be clear that they heading towards the mei/rihito pairing though i didn't get the real feeling yes. Indeed there is chemistry and things.. but there are things like: rihito is always missing the important and dangerous times - Rihito hasn`t shown a lot of emotions yet and so on and so on... i think the emotional string is missing but it's a logic thing that it's missing.. cause he's a butler.
Kento isn't a ready butler yet and he only entered because of mei. He didn`t really care about being a butler, so you can see his emotions.

morninglight

Post by morninglight » Feb 28th, '09, 23:21

Issy wrote: but this is the first time i am getting so addicted to a drama even though i was really worried when i finished dling ep1 and just saw the first few mins. thank god i did not deleted it straight away and gave it another chance with subs. even though my whole aim of watching was for hiro's sake only, but i could believe that they make a drama even crazier than hana kimi.

This whole post pretty much sums up my feelings. This show is turning out much better than I thought it was. I stopped watching it like 5 minutes in and then decided to try again when I was really bored, and I am glad I got into it.

Also, I was all for mei x rihito from the start and I didn't even like Kento that much in any way, but he's been growing on me each episode and his scenes with mei are so cute, but I don't think I can turn my back on mei x rihito.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but it seems to me like Mei's friend Natsumi has a thing for Kento, so I have a feeling they might end up together. Natsumi is barely in this drama so I may imaging things, but in one of the earlier episodes she said something like "I don't think you're a leftover" to Kento and she always seems worried about him as though she likes him.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 28th, '09, 23:51

i just finished watching ep 7 with subs
previously, i hated the fact that mei think rihito wants to be by shiori's side. i don't know if she is still thinking the same way now that rihito has confessed to her that she is the only person he wants to serve from all of his heart. not to mention telling her that his latest actions made him realise that he is not serving her as butler. (heart stopped at that very second whe he said it :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale: )

talking about rihito being emotionless. i think this is best thing we can get out of him at this times knowing the fact that he was trained in way to act as robot basically and hide all of his emotions since he was young.

he is not like kento in being able to express his feeling as freely as he wants. that is why we really can't compare them together on this matter. i guess to be able to confess that he did not act as butler when he meant to protect mei, is a giant step for him.
when he was mad about shiori's personality chnages, all he could do is to run away from it. it was only after knwoing mei and being beside her that he was able to to tell shiori that she has changed.

so from now on, rihito would be like an empty shell next to shiori. but i guess he wont stay like this for long and start acting for what he truly wants.
and yes, i feel for kento but i can't see anyone else beside mei except rihito. they just seems like they belong to each other.
i can't believe that only 3 eps left. as one of my friend said, it seems that it is not even started yet. is like i am watching all these eps as a preview for real drama where mei and rihito are all together and then a real fun to start. pitty this is not the case.

and yes, i meant to comment about it too. i really think that by the end kento and natsumi have a chance of ending together. she is always the one who is on his side in everything even when she exactly knows that he loves mei.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 1st, '09, 00:16

morninglight wrote:
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but it seems to me like Mei's friend Natsumi has a thing for Kento, so I have a feeling they might end up together. Natsumi is barely in this drama so I may imaging things, but in one of the earlier episodes she said something like "I don't think you're a leftover" to Kento and she always seems worried about him as though she likes him.

I noticed that right away. Natsumi seems to feel for Kento what Kento feels for Mei. She seems to be completely in love with him, and he has no clue. I do hope he notices, because I can't see Kento and Mei getting together, and I want Kento to find some kind of happiness.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Mar 1st, '09, 01:53

In the anime.. Kento is really cooL.. He is the top of the class and not really clown.. Sato Takeru seems good-looking but I was wondering why the hair.. He should really be cooL like the Kento in anime.. argh.. I would be rooting for him also..

But, I'm Hiro's fan.. and I Like him.. though why the hair also.. its so roughly made...

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 1st, '09, 02:36

colyn7 wrote:In the anime.. Kento is really cooL.. He is the top of the class and not really clown.. Sato Takeru seems good-looking but I was wondering why the hair.. He should really be cooL like the Kento in anime.. argh.. I would be rooting for him also..

I thought it was just a manga. :blink Anyway, a lot of things seem to be different from the manga. Mei seems more likable here, but I agree that Kento is more mature; though, he's become more mature during the last three episodes.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Mar 1st, '09, 06:34

My reasoning for Kento's ugly hair after episode 7 is he needs the hair to make his head look bigger. ESPECIALLY compared to Nana's head in the hug scene.

I think its really cute when Kento and Mei fights.
But I am all for Rihito and Mei, only because they look great together and chemistry is there.
Meanwhile, Kento is so tiny compare to Mei. I am not saying Takeru Sato is short, but Nana is just a giant compare to most Japanese girls

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Mar 1st, '09, 06:46

yah... gome.. its manga not anime.. sorry...

^_^..

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 1st, '09, 07:41

I finished ep 7 with sub ^__________^ ... really really awesome ^_____^ I think in this episode Rihito took a step ... he told Mei " before i realized, i'm not a butler anymore" ... is it a confession :P hehe I think that way ... because when he told her, he thought about the moment when he hugged her :mrgreen: ... But he didn't dare to do anything so Mei left him ... That why the preview of ep 8 is so expected :wub: ... he say clearly about his feeling, not only in front of Mei but everybody :lol ... there 4 episodes left, I hope at least Rihito hugs Mei one more time, and Mei call him Rihito... From the start, she didnt' call him by his name, always " oi" " ne" " ano ne" ... I don't care about the butler thing, please let them be together :wub:

hazi_yu

Post by hazi_yu » Mar 1st, '09, 10:08

Jazzl wrote:
hazi_yu wrote: uwah this drama is making me unable to lead a proper life!refreshing the subs page every chance i get (thank you kai and his team for the great subs)
who is it?
do you mean who is softsubbing this drama?if you are then the softsubs can be found here :

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_69892.htm

its out till episode 7.dont forget to thank the subbers! :-)

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Mar 1st, '09, 11:58

Issy, liked your analysis. :)
Ah, the story takes a completely different turn actually understanding what is said! :D
Rose/Lucia... this kind of confused me, maybe someone who understands Japanese can clarify? Because it seems to me as if Lucia was not referring to Rose's fiance being stolen, but her own, Lucia/Shiori's fiance being stolen! That's what I understood: "If you had your fiance stolen from you, then wouldn't you do the same?"
Now, if that is correct an interpretation, then it would imply two things:
a) that eithe Shoiri's gone mental and imagines things
b) she really was engaged/about to be engaged to Rihito, with her grandfather's permission!
Both options make sense, and I also wonder what the grandfather's plans are... It seems as if he's planning of getting rid of Shiori, but uses her to "train" and test Mei? It's really cruel...

Tami&her butler: At least I understand now why Tami's doing this... also, it seems as if Lucia's financing Tami's education (I don't see how an orphan can otherwise shoulder the 100 Million Yen per month fee of the school...).
To Tami, Lucia's a godess, she's doing everything for her. About her admission that she was behind everything - I wonder. I think she was merely taking the blame and protecting Lucia's reputation. I mean, it's pretty clear that no matter how much Tami and Shinobu conspire, they do nothing unless Lucia gave her okay to it.
What was interesting in the "rescue" was how Shinobu showed up and held back Tami from throwing her knife at her own butler. Actually, Shinobu seems to have ulterior motives in keeping Mei alive. I'm kind of reminded of Rihito's reaction to Aoyama becoming Mei's second butler. :roll Shinobu knows that he can only get rid of Rihito as long as Mei's around. To him, Rihito's feelings are obvious, and I take any bet that he's going to be involved in informing Mei about Rihito being just a ghost of himself...
Anyway, back to Tami, I think something has changed. Maybe her butler's words did leave an impresion on her? It will be interesting to see how she developes. But one thing's for sure: that "Lady" has a lot of nerve to show up in front of Mei again and behave as if nothing has happened...But she can afford it, after all she's being under Lucia's orders and protection...

Mei... I really admire her for going through with her decision. She's not taking any chances, and she doesn't underestimate the threat that Lucia means.
Her nightmare when waking up describes how she felt - and the happy smile that Rihito had when he hugged Lucia in her dream reflects on her deepest fears. It also shows how she feels about Kento - she feels uncomfortable when he hugs her longer than what is appropriate between friends. However, she allows him to comfort her at the end of the episode; this could be a turning point in their relationship... but I still doubt she's ever going to see more in him than just a good friend. What I liked about the scene is that Mei didn't cut off Kento after his confession. And as the preview showed, they seem to have returned to their pre-Rihito-state, at least on the outside. I wonder how long this will keep up.

Kento... Wow. What a character developement. I liked the scene where he pushed Rihito down to the floor. It's pretty clear that Kento knows how his brother feels about Mei, and he expected him to do something to persuade her to stay. But it seems he underestimated the kind of guilt trips his brother is capable of... no wonder he's going to beat him up in the next episode. Seriously, Kento has more brains than Rihito, even if he might get not so good grades. :lol I also think that Kento, in his heart, has realized that he and Mei will not take off. No matter if he told Rihito to stay away from Mei, he sees how devastated Mei was when she returned to her hometown. But it will still take a while for him to give up on his love for her...

Rihito... Oh dear. What a mess. The poor guy really is in a horrible mess at this point. Rihtio admits to Kento that he failed in protecting Mei, then admits to Mei not only that she's the only Lady for him, but that he didn't protect her as he should've as her butler, and then topped that by saying that he stopped being a butler! :blink How much must he have chastising himself inside his own mind to have his pain and need overcome his training to say this much? And in how much pain must he have been all the time, feeling useless and like a failure? I mean, Rihito's certainly the pride of his family, what with being an s-rank butler... and he trips over his feelings not just once (disliking Lucia's character change and being unable to serve her as a butler) but twice (falling in love with Mei and failing to serve her as a butler should).
Then add to it the nails and needles everyone stuck into him, Shinobu, Lucia, Kento, and even Mei herself (even if she really meant it when she said her "Thank you", but for someone who blames himself of having failed at even the basics, that must've been like a slap in the face... especially since she really meant it.)... His confidence in himself and his own abilities got underminded thoroughly. It's like the rug has been pulled from under his feet, and he broke his spine when he fell down.
And of course there's the major heartache that should be rummaging in his system now. So, what's the way out? Of course, one could argue that Rihito's in a state of shock now... but I think it goes deeper than that. I think it has to do with the incredible high standards Rihito set for himself. Him failing so thoroughly, and then ending up in a situation that's bound to make things worse... will he even be able to defend himself from Lucia's advances now? Does he even care about that any more? How deep did the damage go? Part of his soul has been ripped out when Mei left, and the other part is so heavy from the sadness that there seems to be no end to the dark tunnel he's crawling through... So he'll just go through the moves and withdraw himself from everything else? Or will it just be a disguise for self-punishment? Maybe he has a plan, to keep Lucia from causing harm to Mei? Is that why he's staying?

It's sure going to be interesting to see how the other butlers will react to the "new" Rihito. At least, during the butler swap, Rihito never gave up being Mei's butler, so he always watched her from the corner of his eyes and certainly would not slack off maintaining his networking within the group of the butlers... but now?

Talking about... the rest of the group mostly served as comic relief this time... but it was quite revealing nevertheless. I liked how the class functioned as a group and worked together. Miruku's machine had me in stitches... when she came up with the 100 grams of Mei's hair, I thought - "Now, that will be interesting, how are they ever going to find that much hair?", but then she said 200 grams of fingernails (does she think that Rihito has a secret stash of Mei's lost hairs and toenail clippings? :lol )... and 2 liters of blood?!
Also, the making of udon scene was sweet. Silly, but sweet. And what "great plans" everyone had to make Mei laugh or happy? Silly, but so funny! :)

Another favorite fun scene was the poor twin butlers being molested by the older sister of Mei's friend... When they tried to say how much better the other brother was, just so that they didn't have to stay themselves! :lol
This is certainly one series that makes me wish for more episodes. As stupid as the setting is, but the characters and the plot makes up for it. :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 1st, '09, 13:05

@ kanshu, well thank you dear

now you have a made apoint that dropped my jaws.
could it be that rihito was shiori's fiance??
i tell you why i still believe that they were talking about rose and not shiori.
because rose told her (according to the subs) that she used o think as shiori in keeping her butler/finace with her despite knowing that he really does not like her. i thought that she has done the same thing with mei's father but found out that was very painful to live with. so she is speaking from previous experiece.
and when shiori talked about the fiance, i think it was kind of defensive reply because she was hit by a true based fact that she could not answer. her only way is to get revenge back at rose by mentioning her finace to make her feel the same pain. but she did not succeed.
well, this is my analysis. i could be very wrong in here.

but i feel when rihito was confessing to mei, he was very true to his heart. if being shiori's fiance was for real, i don't think he would hide this most important confession from her because if it gets revealed later on, it can cost him mei forever.
unless, there was some sort of arrangement that only shiori and the granfather knew.

and you are so right about rihito's state at the moment. you can see how broken he was as man that when kento pushed him on the floor and told him not to see mei again, when he tried to get up, he could not and sank on the floor again. that scene was really great. it just summerised how much he is in pain from mei's leaving.

i guess he would be in that shocked state for a while until mei shows up again there and give him hope and energy to fight for her again.
and comic relief of this drama is just a full joy to watch. i love every character in there. each one is funny in their own way.
my most favourite one is fujiki and every times that he makes that mewwww cat like sound. i just can't stop laughing. i guess my next favourite couple after mei x rihito is fujiki x nezochin. just love these two.
as for shinobu, i know very well that we still have not seen his most important parts and they are yet to come. to keep mei alive against shiori's wish, was a big act that even she did not object much about it. he does like shiori and it is in his best interest that mei stays alive. but sometimes i get this weird feeling that he might like mei too.
Last edited by Issy on Mar 1st, '09, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 1st, '09, 14:48

Did I seeing thing or
Shinobu seems to have a differences expression in episode 7 than other previous episodes. Especially on the part where Shiori said that it too bad they couldn't kill Mei and the part where Shiori nursed Rihito, is he experiences what Rihito said about Shiori?
Issy and Kanshu - I really enjoyed reading your comments/analysis. :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 1st, '09, 15:29

lunas wrote:Did I seeing thing or
Shinobu seems to have a differences expression in episode 7 than other previous episodes. Especially on the part where Shiori said that it too bad they couldn't kill Mei and the part where Shiori nursed Rihito, is he experiences what Rihito said about Shiori?
:lol
i have to say that shinobu is still unsolved puzzle for me. i really can't figure out him or his personality. i still can't tell if he is good or evil (but as he is shiori's butler, i used to think of him just like her) but ep7 made me even more confused about him.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 1st, '09, 16:07

Issy wrote:
lunas wrote:Did I seeing thing or
:lol
i have to say that shinobu is still unsolved puzzle for me. i really can't figure out him or his personality. i still can't tell if he is good or evil (but as he is shiori's butler, i used to think of him just like her) but ep7 made me even more confused about him.
maybe... shinobu just fells like rihito feeld.. sees shiori getting sick in her head everyday a little more... seeing her cruel site and her obsession with rihito. But he is her butler.. for shiori he's maybe only a tool now.. or she didn't who shinobu is... i think hefeels neglected.

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 1st, '09, 17:42

About the part of SHiori and Rose, I think this refers to Rose's fiance ... Shiori said " Shiawase dattan sesuka" And Rose told her " Watashi sou omotteta " ( In japanese, this refers to something happened in the past, so i think it must be Rose's fiance ) ... So I think Mei's father was the one who engaged with Rose but left her because of Mei's mother...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 2nd, '09, 01:49

^^^^^ with all those above it looks like we all haveing the same idea's huh :O

Is it that shinobu looks can of two faced?
Is like yea he wants to to get Mei out and get Shibata back for Shiori(together) ... but then again he doesn't...... something is not to right with him :unsure:

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Mar 2nd, '09, 07:32

Obviously this series deserves a season 2.

This is on the level with Hana Yori Dango I feel as far as popularity. I really thought Hana Kimi was overrated and just focused on one plot (girl dressed up as a boy).

This show gives me the Hana Yori Dango feeling. Shocked to here there is only 3 episodes left.
Also, it'd be nice if Eikura Nana could have long hair like in Proposal Daisakusen. She looks much better with longer hair.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 2nd, '09, 09:40

Arsenal1508 wrote:Shocked to here there is only 3 episodes left.
What?! There are only 10 ep?! :blink

fragolina

Post by fragolina » Mar 2nd, '09, 10:43

Arsenal1508 wrote:Obviously this series deserves a season 2.

This is on the level with Hana Yori Dango I feel as far as popularity. I really thought Hana Kimi was overrated and just focused on one plot (girl dressed up as a boy).

This show gives me the Hana Yori Dango feeling. Shocked to here there is only 3 episodes left.
Also, it'd be nice if Eikura Nana could have long hair like in Proposal Daisakusen. She looks much better with longer hair.
I feel the same too. This is one of the best japanese series in the last months. The character are well portrayed. Only 3 episodes is so little time to see how things will develop between Mei Rihito and Kento. Now everyone of them deserve a complete ending, not just a rushed or open one :| .
In the current state there won't be an happy ending if they're not show us more of Rihito's personality or the consistence of the love between him and Mei. Kento is more present than Rihito is and that is starting pissing me off. Too much open questions.

Now to compare Mei chan no Shitsuji with other drama i think that for me Hana Kimi had high potential but they ended it in a very childish way. The manga was much more better. Instead Hana Yori Dango drama was better than the manga.
Now i truly hope they don't decide an ending like Kimi wa Petto had. I know is a quite old drama now, but i haven't overcome this yet. :P When they made the drama , manga was not complete yet, and they decided to not finish the drama either! What a stupid ending!!!
I pray they don't kill Mei chan drama either since manga is not complet yet!!!I If not i'll hate it from episode 1 :pale:

Issy, kanshu, and everyone in this discussion
I totally love your comment. Make me feel more of every episode!!!

EDIT: now i've read on dramawiki( in the ratings table) that will be 11 episodes? :w00t:

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Mar 2nd, '09, 14:35

Right. there are still 4 more episodes left. Yay!
but i personally feel that this will be the only season they are gonna make. I love this drama to death but I'm not sure what the plot of the season 2 should be.
Since after reading the manga up to volume 8. . .

Might be a major spoliler to some other people.

Since after reading the manga to volume 8, (well, to be exact, skimming the raw manga which i couldn't get all of the content accurately), the Lucia-sama VS. Mei arc ends in volume 7 and the relationship between Mei and Rihito is still inconclusive. Volume 7 and nothing happen! They still maintain the so called Ojou-sama and butler relaitonship thing. Rihito in the manga doesn't make much move like he did in the drama. So, there will be a possibility that Mei will end up with Kento. Kento still has a chance to win Mei's heart.

The storyline remains the same about the love triangle which i think it's a bit too cliche.
So, the conclusion of this love triangle should be fulfillled in the SP more than another 11 episodes of the drama.
Ooh. I feel like I wrote too much. That's just my thought on my beloved drama for this year so far. =)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 2nd, '09, 16:49

jazztonish wrote:Right. there are still 4 more episodes left. Yay!
but i personally feel that this will be the only season they are gonna make. I love this drama to death but I'm not sure what the plot of the season 2 should be.
Since after reading the manga up to volume 8. . .

Might be a major spoliler to some other people.

Since after reading the manga to volume 8, (well, to be exact, skimming the raw manga which i couldn't get all of the content accurately), the Lucia-sama VS. Mei arc ends in volume 7 and the relationship between Mei and Rihito is still inconclusive. Volume 7 and nothing happen! They still maintain the so called Ojou-sama and butler relaitonship thing. Rihito in the manga doesn't make much move like he did in the drama. So, there will be a possibility that Mei will end up with Kento. Kento still has a chance to win Mei's heart.

The storyline remains the same about the love triangle which i think it's a bit too cliche.
So, the conclusion of this love triangle should be fulfillled in the SP more than another 11 episodes of the drama.
Ooh. I feel like I wrote too much. That's just my thought on my beloved drama for this year so far. =)
+_+...ahja.. i hope it won`t be this way and the sp will fullfi my wish :/

rirurin

Post by rirurin » Mar 2nd, '09, 17:23

I would love to see a second season come to life....I don't believe they have enough time to explain exactly why was Rihito engaged to Shiori or why does Grampa Hongo(don't now his whole name :P ) want to hook Rihito up with Mei ( I remember him saying something in the first epi about Rihito sleeping with Mei :scratch: )

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '09, 18:11

Is it true? 11 eps? i am over the moon.
first of, i think that hana kimi was over-rated too. it is because it had more high profile actors than MnS. not that i think of these actors any less than hana kimi cost. but if really look at HK cost, you know what i am talking about.
thankfully, hiro was one of them. but this time he is playing the main character. to me, there is no way of any comparison between HN and MnS at all. the first one dragged too long and as someone above said, it had only one plot and you could have guess where is heading to.

with mei chan, even though like hana kimi was based on a manga too, but they have made so much changes that it still keep you wondering about the ending. MnS with all its craziness (and sometimes even more crazy than HK to the point of being totally unbelieveable) still have one decent story line that keeps interested.

at the moment, MnS is in the same level of popularity (for me) with HYD. i am getting more and more convinced that it might be a S2 for it too. but i am not sure how i am going to react to it. they still can end the story perfectly but it needs clever writing and not getting fans disappointed. sometimes this is very hard thing to do. (specially with the whole unfinished managa business)
plus, second season does not always gurantee sucess too. it can be too dragy (like HYD S2 got in some eps and got fans frustrated) and pointless so it can ruin S1 reputation too.

now that there are 4 more eps left, i still think they can do perfect job if they decided to end this drama just by one season. all they have to do is to get to serious parts more with least attention to side characters.
as isaid, i still i dont know how i feel about a 2nd season. when think for sure, if there is one, i can't wait until it is aired. :goggle:

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 2nd, '09, 21:24

I hope they'll it wrap up in one season. I'll rather watch a SP than a 2nd season of this. I guess it's a good thing that MnS is in the same league as HYD rather than HK. I like the manga version of HK than the live action. There's not enough intensity to the story in HK to make it enjoyable in the live action.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 2nd, '09, 21:30

People keep talking about a second season or an SP, but are the ratings good enough? I know some shows can get, at least, a SP with rating that are in the 15% range, but could Mei-chan? I do think that two or three episodes is not enough time to wrap everything up nicely, and I would love to see the crazy girls and their butlers (as well as more M/K/R), but. . . is it possible?

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 2nd, '09, 22:11

nikkibell84 wrote:People keep talking about a second season or an SP, but are the ratings good enough? I know some shows can get, at least, a SP with rating that are in the 15% range, but could Mei-chan? I do think that two or three episodes is not enough time to wrap everything up nicely, and I would love to see the crazy girls and their butlers (as well as more M/K/R), but. . . is it possible?
ummmmm :scratch:
here is the Rating. as you see is not that good but it's not bad either.
as i said, i too confused about S2 and if you ask me, i do want it to end nicely in one season. i just don't have enough patience to wait for S2.

but i do think that they can rap it up nicely if they start from ep8. if it is really 11 ep series, then they nearly have half of what passed to spend on finishing the story. it is not that bad. i too want my sidedish of watching all adorable people there. is 4 eps not enough to have a perfect ending for this drama that is not rushed too? i think it all depends on the writer. one thing for sure, Tuesdays are getting very interesting to me. the problem lies when i see each ep on tuesday or wednesday night because rest of week days seems too long. :cussing:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 2nd, '09, 22:25

As it stands up to episode seven, the overall ratings for the show is 13.8%. Shibatora, which aired a couple of seasons ago on the same day, same time, same network, got a 12.5% and is getting a SP, so a SP is not totally out of the question.

I'm not sure what the writer has written before, but I agree that a lot of it depends on what happens in the next four episodes. Things can more or less be wrapped up nicely. I just don't want a huge open-ended thing, that usually happens for shows based on yet unfinished mangas.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 2nd, '09, 22:26

It's interesting to read people's views on the drama.

About the triangle K/M/R, I prefer M-R rather than M-K, probably just because they look more compatible with each other. (No offend to Takeru's fans.... Nana is just too tall for a normal Japanese actress.... but she was paired up with Hamada Gaku in Proposal Daisakusen, so who knows what producers would do :P)

Well, but according to my experience with J-drama, I should not keep my hope too high.... The lead girl would end up with someone she knows for a long time or someone who stays beside her through all hardships. And that's not likely to be the first one she has a crush on....Just look at the whole thing so far, R, despite being there most of the time, hasn't got much development yet. On the other hand, K's character is really well developed, I mean, becoming more mature and much more interactions with M....

Another experience is that they tend to let us know that the guy and the girl fall for each other but make them stay apart without saying a clear confession or even worse, leave story open-ended for the fans to wondering who the girl/guy gonna end up with. So, I think they may make some of the fan-girls go crazy by not pairing up any one at all at the end and let M live together with both R and K.

That's my view, I hope it contain no spoiler.

@ fragolina: they always put an 11-episode table on wikidrama first, since it is normal for a j-drama to have 11 eps. They only change it when the producers announce the exact number. And that (to have more or less) depends a lot on how popular the drama is....A clear example would be Kami no Shizuku.