How do u store ur DRAMAS :)!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
tarotaro8

Post by tarotaro8 » May 2nd, '07, 07:34

For me newly downloaded dramas/movies are stored on the 100 GB drive on the laptop, or 100 GB desktop. Once I've watched them I archive them in a 500 GB network RAID. Dramas which I particularly like, I burn on to DVD-R's so I can watch them on the player.

Its worth saving, cause once the seeds run dry, trying to get it back becomes a little more difficult. HD are pretty cheap now a days, I got my 500 GB for $115

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » May 2nd, '07, 07:39

Pretty good deal. I might be picking a new one up myself. Any details where?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » May 2nd, '07, 07:50

oh you lucky people with giant hard drives!! my hard drive is only 55gigs :(
once i get my own computer i'll get a big hard drive but I can't afford it right now as ive been saving for my year long visit to japan.
So I store the dramas I like on dvds not to play on dvd player just on computer. I only recently got a dvd burner too so before that I was burning them onto cd's and you have no idea how many cds and dvds I have just lying around now. I dont even know whats on some of them!

suzibunny82

Post by suzibunny82 » May 2nd, '07, 15:26

Well I bought 2 external 500 GB Drives.

1 is already full with Korean Drama
2 is 3/4 full at this point.

It is not that I have a lot of drama, but I download the DVD version of the drama.

Each drama usually consists of 7 DVDs, each DVD is 4.35 GB if I am downloading the DVD5.

Now I am starting to burn the dramas when I can, but I make sure to make 2 copies of each drama, just incase a few years from now I scratch a cd, I have a copy :)

Check out if you are interested in downloading DVD copies of Drama

http://asiandvdclub.org/
http://bithq.org/

Best of Luck,

docipain

Post by docipain » May 2nd, '07, 15:52

Yorokobi wrote:oh you lucky people with giant hard drives!! my hard drive is only 55gigs :(
once i get my own computer i'll get a big hard drive but I can't afford it right now as ive been saving for my year long visit to japan.
So I store the dramas I like on dvds not to play on dvd player just on computer. I only recently got a dvd burner too so before that I was burning them onto cd's and you have no idea how many cds and dvds I have just lying around now. I dont even know whats on some of them!
lol exactly same problem...55gigs hard drive >_<and>_> but still
*wants a bigger HD*

actually I do everything I watched on dvds...everything I liked of course xDD bad things will go to the bin...but never saw a bad dorama yet so ^^"

YaGaMi82

Post by YaGaMi82 » May 3rd, '07, 01:40

I usually back up on DVD-Rs and watch the dramas on my laptop but I also use my external hard drive if I dont have empty discs available.

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » May 3rd, '07, 02:07

I have an 500BG external HD which i dedicate to all my media. I have about 100GB left free. I usually keep the current season's dramas on my local HD on my comp and I hook up my comp to my TV when I watch them. I should burn them to DVD but I am too lazy.

tarotaro8

Post by tarotaro8 » May 3rd, '07, 02:59

albertoavena wrote:Pretty good deal. I might be picking a new one up myself. Any details where?
I usually purchase my HDs at a local store, they do have a website:
http://www.memoryexpress.com

Otherwise, there is http://www.tigerdirect.ca Copying files to DVD takes so much time and disc, I wonder how it will be before Blue-Ray becomes more affordable.

RevRuby

Post by RevRuby » May 5th, '07, 11:33

*looks fwd to owning more externals*

seeing as i just got into drama's i do have more anime than anything. i only have 79g left on ym first external (she started as 279g and her name is rev)

mouichido has 237g on him, but he is being used for trading anime with my friend. i load him up, she takes him to joe's house and joe burns them each copies fo what they like. then mou comes home and we do it all again! except, witht he new seasons i don't really have any new whole series to give her. so i started dling the cooking show...she likes cooking shows, i hope she liikes this one.

anywho, i will store on rev and mouichido and as the time comes for a new one i will prolly order from either bestbuy or newegg.com but always read the reviews especially if it seems to good to be true!

tasmaniandevil

file conversion

Post by tasmaniandevil » May 10th, '07, 16:39

hi! does anyone know which format does the dramas have to be, in order for it to be dvd player playable? cuz i've been wanting to try chaning it for .avi to another format that allows me to watch the dramas using the dvd player..

and 1 more thing does anyone know of any website that provides downloading of file conversion software? can you show give me the link? thanx alot in advance =)

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Sep 5th, '08, 13:55

I have a 200 gigabyte external HD, where I can store them ^^

little_deviI

Post by little_deviI » Sep 14th, '08, 15:26

mostly i stored them on my external hard disk. but only those which i knew that i going to watch em again and also those which i like!

Doraemon1971

Post by Doraemon1971 » Sep 16th, '08, 19:02

Just bought myself a 1Tb external HD just to store my movies & the Drama's i download for my wife... Quite cheap for a Maxtor drive ( about 1000RMB / 100Euro )

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 16th, '08, 19:34

gummonster wrote:I store min in my hard drive. it's only 180 gig. When it's full i delete some of them. I keep the ones that i most like
I pretty much do that as well, some other dramas if under 4 gigs i would put to dvd or if i truly love a drama i usually just buy it from yesasia.com since leaving them on my HD and burning to disc is such a pain not only that but most of my HD space is mostly dedicated to games, i refuse to remove BF2, CRYSIS, Oblivion and the other 8 games currently installed for more dramas ; ;

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Sep 16th, '08, 19:41

I don't save them or anything. After I download and watched I deleted it right away.....maybe I should have same them and watched it again a few years from now but or well.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 17th, '08, 05:24

I save them on my external hard drive :D

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Sep 23rd, '08, 10:56

at first, after downloaded and watced i deleted it right away. But then i regret it, because when i want to watch that dorama, i have to download it again. So right now i save all my doramas on DVDs

Rzarekt

Post by Rzarekt » Sep 28th, '08, 12:53

im stor mine on my super
terabyte drama external hardrive
lol ^^

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Sep 28th, '08, 13:15

I store my dramas and asian movies on 7 internal hard drives to serve on our mirc channel #sars-fansubs and back them all up on DVD-R.

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Sep 28th, '08, 13:35

Living room iMac has 1TB internal HD + 2TB external HD.

MacBook has 250GB internal + 1TB external. Another 250GB HD for physical swapping of videos with other people.

Mainly used for Anime, Asian Dramas & martial arts video that I shot myself.

DVDs are too messy, not convenient and in the long run I think expensive compare to external HDs.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Sep 28th, '08, 13:44

i have more than 200 dramas burnt into dvd and some in external HD. and then i have to make a list so i can 'guess' where to find the drama i want to see LOL. (well, i'm not that well organized though) coz when the time comes, like UNFAIR special gets soft-subbed recently, it's easier to find where i stored the raw. but then again among 200-more drama i've watched like half of them. some are just left lying in the dvds waiting for me to have free time for them which's rarely happened. by the way, last time i checked, some of my first dvds isn't in good conditions due to poor quality of the dvd, i guess. so be aware people. 8)

konaxis

Post by konaxis » Sep 28th, '08, 17:41

I store it in a blank CD or DVD!

Dnllezd

Post by Dnllezd » Jan 10th, '09, 12:39

Watch and mostly I delete.
But if the drama is very very good, I burn it on a cd.

SuG

Post by SuG » Jan 10th, '09, 12:56

Just curious, How do you burn ur dramas? like 1 ep = 1dvd or all ep in one dvd??

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 10th, '09, 13:39

One series per dvd if it fits. Usually an entire series (in avi file type) fits in an 8Gb dual layer dvd.

I'm excited that more and more files come in .mp4 or .mkv which are smaller so an entire series fits in one 4G dvd.

SuG

Post by SuG » Jan 10th, '09, 17:56

...which cost less XD

kahuna808

Post by kahuna808 » Jan 10th, '09, 18:27

SuG wrote:Just curious, How do you burn ur dramas? like 1 ep = 1dvd or all ep in one dvd??
Burn 3 episodes per dvd. Sometimes only 2 depending on length of episodes.

I just can't see deleting the files I d/l. I understand why some do because of space. But for me I d/l the files and then burn to dvd-r/+r. I stor the k-dramas I record locally on TV here and with by dvd recorder and stor those in cd-wallets. Everything else I d/l is dvd author to a dvd-r/+r and store in cd/dvd envelopes and stored in plastic drawers, containers, or boxes. I have over 10,000 dvd-r/+r's.

kahuna808

Post by kahuna808 » Jan 10th, '09, 18:32

popoycanton wrote:
suzibunny82 wrote:
rayn18 wrote:Usually I store them on my 250gb external hard drive or burn them to dvd. Got a nice program that allows me to burn like 12 episodes per 4.7gb dvd which is nice. Also allows softsubs and can play on most dvd players.
What is the software application you use to burn such data? I would like to give it a try.

Thanks,
You can use convertxtodvd.

I wonder what is the quality of a 12 in 1 DVD, probably poor VCD quality.
That is the program I use. Usually I can put 3 episodes on a dvd-r/+r. I just can't see some using that program and putting 12 episodes on a dvd. Probably worst than a wth generation vhs tape. I bet that person is just putting 12 raw files on a dvd. Put those files must be awful small or that are using dual layer dvd-r/+r.

Kagimoto Y.y

Post by Kagimoto Y.y » Jan 10th, '09, 18:36

burnt into DVD but the data DVD

kahuna808

Post by kahuna808 » Jan 10th, '09, 18:36

Doraemon1971 wrote:Just bought myself a 1Tb external HD just to store my movies & the Drama's i download for my wife... Quite cheap for a Maxtor drive ( about 1000RMB / 100Euro )
Here in the US you can now find deals on 1tb external drives for just over $100. Just think back in the day I spent $500 for a 100mb drive.

SkyZero

Post by SkyZero » Jan 10th, '09, 19:54

Have mine on a NAS (500GB) and stream 'em to my ps3 to watch. no burning needed ;)

testacc001

Post by testacc001 » Jan 10th, '09, 23:02

dvds + hdds :)

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jan 11th, '09, 00:06

my favorite ones i store in dvds and the not so favorite ones i just delete it^^

xxemz19xx

Post by xxemz19xx » Jan 11th, '09, 00:21

I store my fav dramas to my external HD ^^

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Jan 11th, '09, 00:26

I burn every drama I watched on DVD . And then put them in a huge dvd box ... I have a 300 dvd box at the moment but that one is allmost full.
I burn them as a data dvd so they dont need a lot GB. xD And in a Excel file I write down the drama on alphabetic order with the dvd number after it, so I can allways find the drama back! ^^ And when I watched a drama I put a pink mark after it.

And when I have a really good movie or concert I willburn it as a video dvd so I can play it with my dvd player... But I have a PS3 so I've installed TVersity so I can watch every drama with hardsub on my tv ^^

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 11th, '09, 08:38

yeah, burning avi files as data files using nero essentials. the stored files are the same quality as when i initially downloaded them when i replay them on my pc using the back up dvd. plus i add a vlc media player installer per dvd so when i lend it to someone who doesn't have vlc, they could still play the movies.

the advantages of not using convert to dvd software --> backing up is quicker, cheaper and storing the dvds is less a hassle (since there's less of them). if i want real dvd quality movies, i'd buy the original and not download.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jan 11th, '09, 08:44

I usually delete them after I watch them(except for Music-related clips/shows).
If I really really like something, I store it on my other HD. But, I don't have anything on it yet.

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Jan 11th, '09, 08:50

i burn my drama's on dvds as data so i don't have lik 6 dvd's with one drama
i do like to know how i can burn dramas so i can watch them on tv :o
does anyone know a program for it?
thanks in advance :D

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '09, 08:56

I used to keep burning dvds but it's causing too much litter, so I stored them on hard drives but some of them die, so I end up backing up ones I like. But I find I won't even bother re watching so I watch and delete unless they're ones I like. If I don't watch immediately or in the next few months, chances are I won't be watching. After awhile I find unless I really like it and want it in high quality, then I would download. Otherwise I just watch streaming online now. Seems like a waste of time to download and delete after watching it.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jan 11th, '09, 08:59

I used to store it on my portable HD's but since its already full (with other stuffs), I burn all of them again on dvd's :-)

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 11th, '09, 12:57

Ochibi-san wrote:i burn my drama's on dvds as data so i don't have lik 6 dvd's with one drama
For that I use NeroVision Express. You can also edit the videos, make a menu (static or animated), transcode video files into other file types, etc. The newer versions could accept subtitles (for soft subs). The end result is dvd quality and can play in stand-alone dvd players. However, the software is not free.

Some newer model stand-alone dvd players should be able to play more varied file types like avi, mp4 and mkv, even make slideshows of your jpeg files.

From where I am, if it's a choice between buying software or a newer model dvd player, I'd go for the latter, because here "Made in China" dvd players are way cheaper than OEM software. Plus I already have the software. :P

I see you're watching Coffee Prince -- are you loving it? I did! That was the first Asian drama I watched.

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Jan 11th, '09, 15:08

tunix_2008 wrote:
Ochibi-san wrote:i burn my drama's on dvds as data so i don't have lik 6 dvd's with one drama
For that I use NeroVision Express. You can also edit the videos, make a menu (static or animated), transcode video files into other file types, etc. The newer versions could accept subtitles (for soft subs). The end result is dvd quality and can play in stand-alone dvd players. However, the software is not free.

Some newer model stand-alone dvd players should be able to play more varied file types like avi, mp4 and mkv, even make slideshows of your jpeg files.

From where I am, if it's a choice between buying software or a newer model dvd player, I'd go for the latter, because here "Made in China" dvd players are way cheaper than OEM software. Plus I already have the software. :P

I see you're watching Coffee Prince -- are you loving it? I did! That was the first Asian drama I watched.
ok thanks :D

yes i love coffee prince :D well this is uhm i don't know how many drama's i've watched haha i love them :D
i hope there's going to be a season 2 :D i only have to watch the special and then i'm finished :)

nankasento

Post by nankasento » Jan 11th, '09, 15:38

I keep all my data and store them on External HD's this way I can switch from PC to PC depending which PC on my network is available to watch some drama or anime on. The others are either busy rendering or compiling.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 11th, '09, 16:25

Ochibi-san wrote: yes i love coffee prince :D well this is uhm i don't know how many drama's i've watched haha i love them :D
i hope there's going to be a season 2 :D i only have to watch the special and then i'm finished :)
I hoped that too but it seems there isn't going to be one because Yoon Eun Hye (the actress playing Eun Chan) is not amenable to it. She's in contract dispute with some producer or network, I just don't know if it's with the Coffee Prince people. And also Gong Yoo (the actor playing Han Kyul) is currently serving his military conscription and won't be out until sometime in 2009.

I just skimmed through the SP because SP in Kdrama is not like SP in jdrama where it's another episode. It's just a movie-in-the-making type thing which I really didn't care about except the tidbit where I found out that Gong Yoo is vain. :lol

katarn11

Post by katarn11 » Jan 11th, '09, 16:32

Everything goes on to a DVD :)

aliensporebomb

Hmmmm.....

Post by aliensporebomb » Jan 11th, '09, 16:53

I've got multiple computers in the house.

But the big one has an internal 1 TB SATA drive, another 500 gig SATA drive,
an external 400 gig SATA drive plus two 80 gig IDE drives in USB powered
cases.

When my "Live Action Backup" directory gets too large, I dump everything to
recordable DVD discs and I have MANY disc folios that I organize my k and j
dramas plus anime in.

I can't wait until 1.5-2 TB drives become commonplace as that will let me
expand my "currently watching" directory considerably.

My poor wife just gets little segments of dramas on her computer since it only
has an 80 gig internal drive so she watches the DVDs I've burned to keep her
drive from filling up although I've offered her the two 80 gig drives in powered
cases to help a little.

woscarin

Post by woscarin » Jan 11th, '09, 17:01

LissyLamoire wrote:I burn every drama I watched on DVD . And then put them in a huge dvd box ... I have a 300 dvd box at the moment but that one is allmost full.
I burn them as a data dvd so they dont need a lot GB. xD And in a Excel file I write down the drama on alphabetic order with the dvd number after it, so I can allways find the drama back! ^^
Sounds exactly like me. :lol
I thought I was the only sad person to create an excel file as well. I put a 0 after ones I haven't watched and 1 after ones I have, so can use SUM() to count the amount I have watched.
DVD still much more cost effective than BD etc so will be using them for some time more.

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Jan 11th, '09, 19:21

tunix_2008 wrote:
Ochibi-san wrote: yes i love coffee prince :D well this is uhm i don't know how many drama's i've watched haha i love them :D
I hoped that too but it seems there isn't going to be one because Yoon Eun Hye (the actress playing Eun Chan) is not amenable to it. She's in contract dispute with some producer or network, I just don't know if it's with the Coffee Prince people. And also Gong Yoo (the actor playing Han Kyul) is currently serving his military conscription and won't be out until sometime in 2009.

I just skimmed through the SP because SP in Kdrama is not like SP in jdrama where it's another episode. It's just a movie-in-the-making type thing which I really didn't care about except the tidbit where I found out that Gong Yoo is vain. :lol
damn well maybe in the future :P i also skimmed a bit through the sp but i'm still going to watch it :thumright:

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Jan 11th, '09, 19:24

woscarin wrote:
LissyLamoire wrote:I burn every drama I watched on DVD . And then put them in a huge dvd box ... I have a 300 dvd box at the moment but that one is allmost full.
I burn them as a data dvd so they dont need a lot GB. xD And in a Excel file I write down the drama on alphabetic order with the dvd number after it, so I can allways find the drama back! ^^
I thought I was the only sad person to create an excel file as well. I put a 0 after ones I haven't watched and 1 after ones I have, so can use SUM() to count the amount I have watched.
DVD still much more cost effective than BD etc so will be using them for some time more.
hey i think i'm going to make an excel file aswell :)
i also burn my j-dramas not all of them but i think i'm going to download those that i watched and burn them too :P

thanks for sharing that you guys make an excel file :)

Sesam

Post by Sesam » Jan 11th, '09, 20:31

I used to burn on DVD's too but I started calculating the costs, and came to the conclusion that harddrives are worth it in the long run (as you can delete and add data as many times as you want). DVD's are also inconvenient, time consuming to burn, get scratched easily, and difficult to keep organized.

So I recently replaced my computers, and nowadays I have all my media stored on harddrives (in a RAID mirror. so that my files can survive at-least one harddrive failure :)). I have two computers, a Desktop PC and a HTPC. I store all my media on my HTPC that has 2x1.5TB harddrives. It is so convenient to access and play all media on a TV :)

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Jan 11th, '09, 20:43

Well I got an extra 1TB HD to store all my music, videos, dramas etc so it fits in fine. :)

ebony

Post by ebony » Jan 11th, '09, 20:53

woscarin wrote:
again thought i was the only one that did this....so happy to find out im not alone :-)

IcemanNorth

Post by IcemanNorth » Feb 19th, '09, 03:41

I have about 3 TB of Storage via different Hard Drives on multiple computers. It works out well enough, till I lose a drive...
Last edited by IcemanNorth on Feb 19th, '09, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

kevkaho

Post by kevkaho » Feb 19th, '09, 04:40

as for me the storage is nvr enough to store all the fantastic dramas... i got 500 GB 3G hard drive in my quad core com.. plus a set of 1 TB and 250 GB portable hard disk drives... then now is like i have only 200GB left in all three drives combined... WTH????? but it is all rite since all the shows i have are all my favourites... LOL

:)

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Feb 19th, '09, 04:58

Wow, everyone seems to have huge storage sizes on the computers for dramas... :lol:

My drama storage is kinda diverse... I try to burn every show I download onto DVD's and I also have an 80GB external HDD (that I found way too small way too quickly). I just got a new MacBook which has 160GB in the internal HDD plus I'm gonna convert my old laptop's HDD (60GB only but better than nothing) into an external for my media storage. xD
All that said though, I burn to DVD's the most. IMO HDD's aren't fool-proof in case they get attacked by viruses when connected to my laptop, when I lend them out, etc etc.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Feb 19th, '09, 05:02

External harddrive for the ones I like. Delete the ones I don't.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 19th, '09, 05:08

all dramas and series i downloaded...especially the ones i know i like or quite good to watch... i burned them off onto DVD data discs... too afriad of putting them in a external hard drive... but i'm considering that cuz it will save me TONS of room in my closet!!!

also...i'm made a list of all my dramas/series up to date cuz i realized recently that i've been downloading dramas/series i already have!!! lol... that just shows how much of them i have and haven't watch.... in a few decades when i retire... i'll eventually get around to finishing all the dramas/series i downloaded... ^_^

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Feb 19th, '09, 05:33

I use a 500 Disc album and my Western Digital 1TB "My Book"

http://www.meritline.com/520-cds-dvds-c ... 22101.aspx

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Feb 19th, '09, 10:54

ok i'm trying to burn a serie with nero cause i want to watch it on tv xD
my dad said i had to use nero express but does anyone know how it works?

thanks ^^

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 19th, '09, 11:03

Ochibi-san wrote:ok i'm trying to burn a serie with nero cause i want to watch it on tv xD

thanks ^^
If you use Nero Express it'll become either an ISO or data disk so I don't think you'll be able to watch it on a dvd player. Use Nero vision instead since its really the only way to make dvds.

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Feb 19th, '09, 11:05

kuro570 wrote:
Ochibi-san wrote:ok i'm trying to burn a serie with nero cause i want to watch it on tv xD

thanks ^^
If you use Nero Express it'll become either an ISO or data disk so I don't think you'll be able to watch it on a dvd player. Use Nero vision instead since its really the only way to make dvds.
ok i have only nero express and nero burn rom xD
i have to go and look for nero vision then ;) do you maybe know where to find it?

thank you :thumright:

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 19th, '09, 11:08

I have Nero.8 since I bought it in a package I thought all the programs came with it lol
Outside of buying it from the website or getting it from thepiratebay, I have no clue ><;
Honestly I think its just better to cough up the 70$ for Nero .8 since you get everything from nero express, vision, photoshop, recode and a lot more.

Ochibi-san

Post by Ochibi-san » Feb 19th, '09, 11:11

ok thanks ^^
well i have 9 now but i'm lokking for nero vision now :P

nike13

Post by nike13 » Feb 22nd, '09, 21:29

Before I would dl and burn everything to disc and then keep the shows I hadn't watched yet on my external HD, unfortunately last month my external fell and the data was lost. Then, when I was trying to copy from the discs I burned I found that several episodes had data redundancy errors so I was missing gaps in a series or the whole thing on some ><

Now, I'm still burning but I've decided to not do an external and went for a new internal 1.5TB drive ^__^ Less chance of it falling. The good thing about all that happened is it made me go through and decide what shows I wanted to keep... and I got the big internal drive...

kittykhatz20

Post by kittykhatz20 » Feb 22nd, '09, 21:35

i put them on DVDs and store them on external drives...

wkaiyeen

Post by wkaiyeen » Feb 22nd, '09, 22:32

I used to burn them in cd's as data file, but then i got to dl much clearer versions, thus I switch to dvd's.... but now I m just storing them in a 500GB external harddisk.... =)

altp

Post by altp » Feb 22nd, '09, 23:11

I store my drama to dvd using nero data discs.
or the computer /laptop with sonic record now.this data dics can only be watched over the computer but not on dvd player, at lease you can save the good drama your like

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 22nd, '09, 23:15

altp wrote:I store my drama to dvd using nero data discs.
or the computer /laptop with sonic record now.this data dics can only be watched over the computer but not on dvd player, at lease you can save the good drama your like
You should also consider getting nero vision since it allows you to make dvds and its pretty easy to use also the quality stays the same. The only downside I have with them is they don't work with mkv or rmvb formats.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 22nd, '09, 23:39

Most computers (desktops) can hold 3 harddrives. If someone is getting rid of a computer, take the harddrive.
Otherwise buy a new harddrive for the soft aubs and make the hardsubs into DVDs ising Pinnacle software. NEVER DELETE.