Kubozuka Yosuke

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Sep 10th, '08, 11:45

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Sep 10th, '08, 14:19

Damn it's so hard to get his movies.. That's why I miss his TV series because at least with TV series there's a bit more possibility of being able to see it.. While movies are just hard to get. >.< Really really miss his old, glorious days.. (Mr.Children's Kimi ga Suki PV! XD)

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Sep 10th, '08, 20:16

Yosuke will be in ICHI set to come out 2008-10-25!
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/ichi/

grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Sep 11th, '08, 16:57

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Sep 15th, '08, 17:41

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Sep 16th, '08, 01:39

grahfcard wrote:On a side note, anyone know where I can get/watch the drama Number One starring him?
I don't think it's on the tracker but it is available at the JDramas LJ Community. I'll PM you the link :thumright:

Teji

Amour Legende

Post by Teji » Oct 18th, '08, 22:32

Hi!
It's been a while since the last time I posted here !:-)
Just wondering if any of you know where I could find the link to DL his 2007's film Amour Legende... As expecting, that's just impossible to find it! Anoying as usual!!
I read a few posts from before, not the whole topic but it fells like nobody knows...
Any other links concerning his last past 3 years filmography would be sooo appreciated! thX! 8)

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Oct 18th, '08, 23:52

For me it's also been a long time since I posted ^^;
It would really be wonderful if Amour-LEGENDE came out on dvd! Then hopefully we can find the film somewhere.

I don't know if this has been posted here already, but some time ago I found this Veoh link for the film Takkyu Onsen, where he has a smaller role, but very endearing! :) It's the story of a lady, a homemaker, and Yosuke plays her son.

My friend Unichan was so kind as to upload it to MU, here. Credit goes to her for the link!

There are no subs of this film that I know of, but if anyone finds them, please post them here too!

I watched Takkyu Onsen at the Japanese Film Festival in my home city, and it's a very nice movie! <3 I loved the implications of a possible love-story for Yosuke's character!! XD

scherzando, you mentioned a PV by Mr. Children - please, could you share it? I'm looking for it, but haven't been able to find it so far...

Kubosuke

Post by Kubosuke » Dec 9th, '08, 05:31

Liantasse wrote: My friend Unichan was so kind as to upload it to MU, here. Credit goes to her for the link!
Aawww it's no longer available :cry: I just found this now... Would there be a chance she'd be so lovely to upload it again?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Dec 9th, '08, 13:39

MU seems to have had some trouble these days - it says the file is "temporarily unavailable". If you try again later today or tomorrow it may work! :) If not, I'll do my best to reupload for you! :)

Kubosuke

Post by Kubosuke » Dec 16th, '08, 05:20

OMIGOD it works! Thank you and your friend so much :wub:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:53

Did a IMDB search for Kubozuka Yousuke and it looks like he has a new movie out Pandora no hako which is coming out sometime in 2009. Some info:
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4150

Maboroshi no Yamataikoku another movie of his which came out November of last year:

http://asianmediawiki.com/Maboroshi_no_Yamataikoku

He doesn't look to be playing main leads even in movies...grrr waste of a talent!

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

irenerus

Post by irenerus » Apr 21st, '09, 05:10

If anybody is still interested in AMOUR-legende:
http://www.bbsmovie.com/viewthread.php?tid=539515 (torrent)

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 21st, '09, 18:01

Oops sorry Liantasse, I just opened this thread again and found your post. Yeah Yosuke did a PV for Mr.Children ages ago (when he was still.. in his right mind) and the song is "Kimi ga Suki". You can view the PV here. Wonderful song. (of course, it's Mr.Children! yay! :P)

I'm looking forward to Ichi. I can download it now but I think it'll show in my local cinemas in the near future so I guess I'll wait.

Anyway, do you guys listen to his reggae crap? Sorry if I'm being so rude but seriously, he's crazy. He's wasting his talent. *sigh* I hope he'll do more quality films. Well, even though who knows, it might be his wildest dream to be a reggae rapper or whatever, it still sucks. >.<

Endexus

Post by Endexus » Apr 23rd, '09, 17:11

I liked him in IWGP, very much. Has he quit making dramas for life? Damn sucks, if that's case, such a waste.

Hope to see him in a drama.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » May 30th, '09, 04:27

I agree with Endexus, I LOVED his performance in IWGP. He portrayed his character very well and it was very enjoyable to watch.

I also hope he picks up some more projects to do in the future, he is so talented as an actor.

Next on my list of Kubozuka's projects is the movie Go, which a friend recommended and loves.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 30th, '09, 05:03

Go is a great movie. Him and Kou Shibasaki make a great pair in it, and it really opens up your eyes to the racial issues Japan has from the government and social level.

I used to looooove Yousuke and then he fell out of a window and stopped doing stuff and that's when I stopped following him :|

shannobi

Post by shannobi » May 30th, '09, 07:46

I LOVED him in Go. That's seriously one of my favorite Japanese movies. He and Shibasaki Kou really do make the movie, and this movie does make you think.

I want to see him in another role soon...

EDIT: I just read that he's a reggae artist now, named Manji LINE. o___o

grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Aug 15th, '09, 19:50

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Aug 15th, '09, 20:11

It's up at ADC, if you have an account there.
Amour Legende @ Asian DVD Club

Pretty strange film. At last it's finally on DVD, though.

grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Aug 15th, '09, 20:19

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Sep 15th, '09, 01:05

Well this is some good news concerning Kubozuka. Lets hope its a roaring success and makes Kubozuka want to maybe do more acting!!!!!!
Kubozuka tries theater in Yukio Ninagawa play

Actor and reggae artist Yosuke Kubozuka (30) has been given his first acting role in a stage play. He will be a supporting character in "Chi wa Tatta Mama Nemutteiru," which stars Go Morita (30) of V6.

The play is being directed by Yukio Ninagawa and was written by the late playwright Shuji Terayama. Morita and Kubozuka plays friends who are terrorists. However, they come into conflict when Kubozuka falls in love with Morita's sister and becomes hesitant about their destructive activities.

Ninagawa said that he has watched all of Kubozuka's films and listened to all of his CDs. He hoped to someday work together with him, and this play will finally give him that opportunity. "Chi wa Tatta Mama Nemutteiru" will be performed at the Bunkamura Theatre Cocoon in Shibuya next January.

Kubozuka recently also made his debut as a photographer. In July, he shot the pictures for a photobook of actress Naoko Watanabe (25), which went on sale this past Friday. The two belong to the same management agency.
Source: Tokyograph

Sounds interesting, I wish I can go see it :(

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Oct 30th, '11, 21:15

Since he has steadily returned to movies since 2009 does anyone know where we can find his latest works. I'm having trouble finding any of his new movies. :(

New movies are:
Himizu (2012) - Teruhiko Iijima
Monsters Club | Monsutazu Kurabu (2011)
The Tale of Genji | Genji Monogatari (2010) - Seimei Abe
Strangers in the City | Yukizuri no Machi (2010) - Yasuhiro Nakagome
Tokyo Island | Tokyo-jima (2010)
Pandora's Box | Pandora no hako (2009)

heat6jones

Post by heat6jones » May 17th, '12, 07:55

Kubozuka is fantastic. Both his acting and music career are top notch.

This is about his accident.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Aug 11th, '13, 15:16

I loved him as an actor but I've not heard him sing, nor watched any of his latest movies.
Did he really fall accidentally? Weren't there rumours that he tried to commit suicide?
He used to have a very active blog which I used to read all the time.
I miss him!