Help! Need drama recommendation for class project!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
applegak

Help! Need drama recommendation for class project!

Post by applegak » Jan 17th, '09, 23:27

*I might be posting question in wrong place but I am desperate for an answer*

I am starting a college communications project where I plan to compare an Asian visual medium with an American one but am having problems finding the right drama series or movie to compare. I have watched lots of Asian dramas and can't remember one in particular that would fit this project, that's why i say "Asian dramas", because im not limiting it to Korean, Japanese, or Taiwanese dramas or movies.

To be able to compare, I figured the simplest plot line would be the Cinderella plot line ("evil" parent and sisters but later ends in happiness), but any other Asian drama/movie with a comparable American plot line would also work (such as romeo and Juliet).

So if you can think of ANY Asian drama that has an equal and comparable American counterpart please let me know...if there is any drama you have watched before that shared a similar plot with any american movie or tv series that will also work (it doesn't have to be cinderella, just be very similar to an american movie or series) please include the name of the drama series/movie and its equivalent American counterpart, also including if it is a Japanese, Korean, or Taiwanese series/movie would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!! I really appreciate it!

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 18th, '09, 00:01

My Sassy Girl in Korean.
My Sassy Girl in English.

Infernal Affairs in Cantonese.
The Departed in English.

That's all I got.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jan 18th, '09, 00:04

Hyena(Korean) was compared to Sex and the City.
They do have similar qualities.