Saddest movies/dramas you have seen

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
boji

Sad dramas

Post by boji » Nov 29th, '05, 05:08

Anyone have any suggestions? I want a drama that'll make you tear at least or has really sad parts thanks :D i'm addicted to kdramas

kenshikenji

Re: Sad dramas

Post by kenshikenji » Nov 29th, '05, 05:30

boji wrote:Anyone have any suggestions? I want a drama that'll make you tear at least or has really sad parts thanks :D i'm addicted to kdramas
try Sad Love Story, MISA, and Stairway to heaven.

My personal favorite is sad love story.

AsianFreak

Post by AsianFreak » Nov 29th, '05, 21:16

There are really good ones out there.

Here are some.

All In, Phoenix(firebird), Stairway to Heaven, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent, What Happened in Bali, Autum Tale.

Try any of these they are really good they have parts that will proabably make you cry.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Dec 7th, '05, 21:38

What Happened in Bali, Windstruck

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Dec 7th, '05, 21:42

sekachu....sekachu....sekachu...

its a jdrama, but it's like, the only one i've blubbed too! :lol

alcozar

Saddest movies/dramas you have seen

Post by alcozar » Feb 7th, '06, 20:37

For me, I would say the saddest korean movie is Lovers Concerto (ending left me feeling shaken).
Saddest japanese movie is Failan.
Saddest usa movie is Ghost.

Drama wise (korean) I would say I'm Sorry, I Love You (last few eps got to me).

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 7th, '06, 20:40

Takeshi Kitano's movie "Dolls".

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Feb 7th, '06, 20:49

For the record, Failan is a Korean film. But yea, I find that movie pretty sad too. Another one that I found pretty sad and a bit depressing is "Ditto" (and it's HK counterpart "Sky of Love"). The ending to that is just wrong :-(

enkhee

Re: Saddest movies/dramas you have seen

Post by enkhee » Feb 7th, '06, 20:54

alcozar wrote:Saddest usa movie is Ghost.
i actually thought that movie was pretty funny, but hey ...

never watched the movie, but judging from the book, <b>The Bridges of Madison County</B> must a real tear-jerker.

Poochy

Post by Poochy » Feb 7th, '06, 20:57

Hotaru no haka / Grave of the Fireflies (especially because it's based on a true story).

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Feb 7th, '06, 21:09

Lol, forgot Failan was a korean movie.

Just remembered one of the most disturbing (at least to me) usa films, "Flowers in the Attic". Also "Cry for Help: The Nancy Thurman Story" starring Dale Midkiff.

Ghost was haunting to me mainly because of the Unchained Melody soundtrack I think.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Feb 7th, '06, 21:22

American Movie
A Walk to Remember
Forrest Gump
Pearl Harbor

Kmovie
My Sassy Girl
Windstruck
Daddy Long Legs
A Moment to Remember

Kdrama
Autumn Tale
MISA aka I'm Sorry I Love You
Let's Go To School Sang Doo
A Love To Kill

Cdrama/Tdrama
Lavender
Love at Aegean Sea
Warriors of the Yang Clan
Romance in the Rain
Last edited by azndgn26 on Feb 22nd, '06, 01:39, edited 3 times in total.

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Feb 7th, '06, 21:27

Poochy wrote:Hotaru no haka / Grave of the Fireflies (especially because it's based on a true story).
I seriously can't watch that movie without becoming a blubbering mess at the end... it's just so sad.

And the J-Drama, Summer Snow, has always depressed me. Honestly, I think it may have scarred me for life... (but it was still a great story). :cry:

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Feb 7th, '06, 21:32

Ok.. Here's m list!

K-Drama: MISA (I'm Sorry, I Love You ) & Stairway to Heaven
T-Drama: Lavender
K-Movie: Windstruck ( i cried my eyes out... :cry: )
Am-Movie: The Notebook

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Feb 7th, '06, 21:45

Grave of the Fireflies....I felt so bad for the little girl, she was so cute

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Feb 7th, '06, 21:58

I'm still a drama newbie only having seen 6 dramas total. Out of all the dramas I have seen so far, I think the saddest is Be Nice to People which is also my favoriet drama too. I think the next drama I'll watch with be 1 liter of tears, I've heard that's really sad.

formula17

Post by formula17 » Feb 7th, '06, 22:16

I don't recall watching any movies that me cries my eyeballs out. May be i should try watching Grave of The Fireflies

But as for KDrama it would be
-MISA
-Autumn In My Heart

I'd cry at almost every last few episodes :cry:

As for JDrama
-Overtime :cry:

Well, i'm yet to watch 1 Litre of Tears~~ :unsure:
I think i prefer comedy Japanese drama.

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Feb 7th, '06, 23:38

another vote for Dolls

Schala

Post by Schala » Feb 8th, '06, 03:55

I bawled my eyes out during Hotaru no Haka....for Setsuko and Seita, and then for the children who are struggling in the current war....

Also, for non-Asian movies, the saddest are Dancer in the Dark (starring Bjork) and Boys Don't Cry (starring Hilary Swank). I bawled during those movies too.

For dramas, I'd say Beautiful Life, Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake, and Summer Snow.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Feb 9th, '06, 00:30

Hmm..I don't think I ever seen a "sad" movie per say. Or one that's made me actually cry, or even teary. I've seen some that are supposed to be sad but I just don't see it.
As for drama wise, 1 litre no namida was fairly sad, but I didn't cry or anything. How do you guys do it? I just can't cry stuff like that..

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Feb 9th, '06, 01:11

I just watched Brokeback Mountain and I cried - it was so sad :cry:

Other movies: Life is Beautiful, Woman 40, Grave of the Fireflies

Dramas:
The Green Hope
1 Litre of Tears

ademala

Post by ademala » Feb 9th, '06, 01:37

1 litre of tears..

Baby-Bash

Post by Baby-Bash » Feb 16th, '06, 14:49

for sure it's:
1 litre of tears :pale:

Baby-Bash

Post by Baby-Bash » Feb 16th, '06, 14:51

for sure it's:
1 litre of tears :pale:

chunlau

Post by chunlau » Feb 16th, '06, 15:04

1 Litre of Tears no question

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 16th, '06, 15:17

Recently, the saddest drama I watched was definitely the Jdrama "1Litre of Tears." I was crying from the start to finish. Highly recommended.
As for the movie, I'll go for Kmovie "The Classic." I don't know why, but I'm still choked up in one scene although I've watched it so many times.

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Feb 17th, '06, 06:46

1 litre of tears

they dont name it like that for nothing lol

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 17th, '06, 06:56

Kumaxell wrote:Recently, the saddest drama I watched was definitely the Jdrama "1Litre of Tears." I was crying from the start to finish. Highly recommended.
As for the movie, I'll go for Kmovie "The Classic." I don't know why, but I'm still choked up in one scene although I've watched it so many times.
oh dude, i`m totally with you on both. i`m only on episode 5 of 1 litre, but so far it feels like i`ve cried at least a bucket so far. and "The Classic". gosh.words cannot describe.. like that one simple action of handing the urn over, and you realize that
the guy is dead
still chokes me up when i think about it. after i watched that movie, i went upstairs and cried myself to sleep in my mom`s lap. yes. it was that sad.

as for chinese movies (since i haven`t seen anyone post any), i cried soo much in the end of "Together" "和你在一起" and "Pretty Mother" "漂亮妈妈". in "pretty mother", i cried as soon as the movie started until it finished because i felt so bad for the kid.

as for american movies, the one that made me cry the most was probably "A Walk to Remember". lame, yes i know :P

mahanga

Post by mahanga » Feb 18th, '06, 15:49

recently the saddest movies i've watched are Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War(Kr), Grave of Fireflies(Jp), and The Notebook (US).

As for dramas definitely 1 Liter of Tears, and Sekai no Chuushin de. Beautiful Life and Summer Snow were also pretty sad towards the end.

AngelGurl6

Post by AngelGurl6 » Feb 18th, '06, 23:57

I haven't seen that many movies, especially Asian dramas. So based on the limited ones I've seen I have to say k-drama: Autumn Tale and Wonderful Life. I cried so hard at the end.

For the other movies that I consider to be sad, I do not remember the names. One was a very old C-drama. For USA movies, it has to be Titanic. And of course the sadest Japanese anime movie is the Firefly one. :cry:

ddrimike

Post by ddrimike » Feb 19th, '06, 00:02

Ruler of your own world was really sad too!!!!

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Feb 19th, '06, 00:13

without a doubt for me it would be grave of fireflies. My friend gave me the dvd as a chrismas present 5 years ago but it happenned to be on tv few days before, I cried so much that I couldn't get my mind to watch it again, even though I know it's real good. Conclusion: the dvd is still wrapped, and I will probably hand it over to my future kids!

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Feb 19th, '06, 01:37

I think I'm the only one on the whole forum who loves j-drama and didn't like 1 litre of tears. I stopped watching it after the second episode... It felt waaay too "formula" to me.

I gotta go with grave of the fireflies.

Sangwoo-oppa

Post by Sangwoo-oppa » Feb 19th, '06, 04:20

It doesn't take much to make me cry (yeah, I'm a wimp) but still her'es my list:

HOLLYWOOD FLICKS:

TITANIC (I'm not the only one who shed a tear or two for Jack Dawson, I know that!) :mrgreen:

C-DRAMA:

MARS - There was one particular scene where Ling (Vic Zhou) finds out about Qi Luo's "secret" and he shed tears for her sad life - and of course, I bawled my eyeballs out along w/ him)

J-DORAMA:

1 LITRE OF TEARS: (Okay, by the closing credits of the first eppy, I was in tears. Those haunting images of the real Aya never left my mind even after the series was over. This is the *the* most heartbreaking, beautifully sad series I have EVER seen in my life. And I'd watch it all over again after I've re-stocked on tissue boxes. Everyone should see this series and understand the value of one's life through this girl's eyes)

SEKAI NO CHUUSHIN DE: Another weepy drama with an outstanding cast and a surreal, tragic and heartwrenching plot. This isn't just an ordinary "terminal illness" series. It's a series about the innocence and purity of first love and how it can never die, even beyond death. I cried like a baby by the end.

K-DRAMA:

AUTUMN STORY: An older series but a classic one that's left me in tears each time I re-watch it. Song Hye Kyo and Song Seung Hun are unforgettable as the tragic lovers.

LOVE LETTER: Oddly enough, it's the twisted and sad relationship of Andrew and his mother that left me in tears, and NOT the melancholy love between Andrew and Eun Ha. A good series with sad moments, but I cried over the first half more than the second half, which I found draggy.

SAVE YOUR LAST DANCE FOR ME: This series isn't sad and it had a happy ending, but there were beautiful, poignant moments between the leads that made me weep for them. The renuion between Eun Soo and Chan Ho were the most touching and gah, I was a mess!!!

I love a good cry every once in a while...hehee...and these series really did that for me! :wub:

Ebony_Hime

My alll time saddest flicks are

Post by Ebony_Hime » Feb 21st, '06, 02:17

American_ hands down, Immitation of Life. The end always gets me. It's not a love story, just a story about life. If you're not into old movies you wouldn't know what I am talking about. But if yu are and you get a chance to watch this classic, by all means, do.

A Walk to Remember

K-Drama- I'm sorry, I love you.

catherinele21

Post by catherinele21 » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:15

hehe i dont know about 'saddest' drama ever..but most sad dramas are korean ay! one of them includes, "I'm Sorry, I Love You"

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:35

Just to throw a monkey-wrench into this thread, the HAPPIEST Japanese movies I have seen recently are Zebraman and Kikujiro. You can't watch them and not come away in a good mood.

apples

Post by apples » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:45

I agree on Hotaru no Haka! Was it a true story? I thought there were real cases similar to it, but the story was fictional. I have to mentally prepare myself for this drama, because it is just too sad.

Damo was just too tragic and sad. I enjoyed crying at the ending though. And also at different parts of the drama. My other favorite dramas are very sad: Beautiful Days and What Happened in Bali.

Taegukgi, everyone who borrowed my dvd cried over this movie. It's definitely one of my favorite films, and probably one of the best war-drama films out there.

The Classic was sad too. Windstruck was sad, made me cry a lot. Okay, it started out quite funny and romantic, but halfway through the movie, it took a different turn. Actually, it seemed really odd at first, but I enjoyed the sad parts. SPOILER! Especially when his ghost reappeared again and she said "I'm sorry for the first time" and he replied that he never changed his name to "I'm sorry".. and in the end, when he was whispering to her about finding the man similar to his soul.

As for Filipino movie, there's "Magnifico." At the beginning it just seems like an ordinary storyline, however, it has a quite interesting, nice and sad ending.

As for US films, there's not much I can think of except for Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. Almost forgot The Passion of the Christ. I've only watched this movie once, and I don't think I can handle watching it again. It's the movie that made me cry the most.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:58

Something about "Passion of The Christ" that fans of the movie may not want to read:
My friend A___ worked on Mel's Passion, he did digital effects. He said that Mel Gibson told them "I don't give a f*** about anything else, just make sure they squirm all the way through the movie!" He was apparently especially concerned that there be a lot of blood flying during the whipping scenes. Funny he never mentioned that in any of the interviews ;^)
Sorry I didn't do this before apples saw it, my bad.
Last edited by pokute on Mar 3rd, '06, 17:32, edited 3 times in total.

apples

Post by apples » Mar 3rd, '06, 17:12

I wish you never told me that.. but one thing's for sure, it worked well. There were times I couldn't even see because of too much tears in my eyes. I got distracted at times because I could hear people around us sobbing throughout the movie.

kyo-kun

Post by kyo-kun » Mar 3rd, '06, 19:05

1 liter of tears :cry: :cry: :cry:

Shina

Post by Shina » Mar 3rd, '06, 19:07

Daddy Long Legs
A Moment to Remember

loneone

Post by loneone » Mar 5th, '06, 11:59

Such great list of sad movies. My picks would be.

Grave of the Fireflies and Chungking Express. Oh yes Tae Guk Gi.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Mar 5th, '06, 12:25

apples wrote:I agree on Hotaru no Haka! Was it a true story? I thought there were real cases similar to it, but the story was fictional. I have to mentally prepare myself for this drama, because it is just too sad.
It's based on Akiyuki Nosaka's partially-autobiographical book.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Mar 5th, '06, 12:31

1 Litre of Tears was so sad! and what made it more real was that it was based on a true story! =(

easy

Post by easy » Mar 5th, '06, 17:09

1 Litre of Tears ... but i don't look so much sad Dramas ..

azndgn26

Re: Sad dramas

Post by azndgn26 » Apr 15th, '06, 23:31

boji wrote:Anyone have any suggestions? I want a drama that'll make you tear at least or has really sad parts thanks :D i'm addicted to kdramas
Let's Go to School Sang Doo
A Love to Kill
Autumn Tale
I'm Sorry I Love You

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 15th, '06, 23:37

1 litre of tears..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
u definitely will cry after watching this drama. :-(

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Apr 15th, '06, 23:49

Saddest drama Ive seen has is not korean but japanese. Its called Summer Snow and quite close to being the best drama Ive EVER seen.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Apr 16th, '06, 01:53

Well since we are on the topic of sad doramas, I have a question..Why is it that, in the majority of sad doramas/movies it is the female lead who always dies in the end..Only few have the male lead dying, but almost always it is the female lead who dies..Is there any reason to that.The only way I see it is that, the death of a female evokes more sadness/heartache for some reason..lol..Not sure if that's a good reason or not..hmmm..hehe :D

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 17th, '06, 15:13

1 litre of tears!!! i cried 2 litre of tears..

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Apr 17th, '06, 15:33

1 Litre of Tears ...I cried more than 1 litre of tears!...One of my favourite dramas ever
Last edited by Love Angel on Apr 17th, '06, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Xiouyi

Post by Xiouyi » Apr 17th, '06, 15:36

1 litre of tears...so so saaadd...one of the best and is one of my favourite drama...

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Apr 17th, '06, 15:55

One litre of tears and MISA :cry: :cry: :cry: I cry everytime I re-watch those 2

airskape

Post by airskape » Apr 17th, '06, 15:59

1 litre of tears!
summer snow is also quite sad, but it doesnt beat 1 litre, nothing will beat it!

PoiPoi

Post by PoiPoi » Apr 17th, '06, 16:01

1 litre of tears is the saddest drama i've ever watched.... there was absolutely no reaction at first.... but then i the last episode i cried floods :cry: my sister was like "are you alright? did your bf die or something" >.<;;;

since i only watch dramas featuring JE guys.... i guess it will be the only sad dorama i'll ever watch -_-;;

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » Apr 17th, '06, 16:11

Drama:
Autumn Tale
A Love to Kill

Movie:
Taegukgi

It made me feel really sad and depressed after watching it, so I always ry to avoid sad-ending dramas/movie... :roll

koodude

Post by koodude » Apr 17th, '06, 16:15

The most saddest drammas that I watch was Stairway to Heaven, Autumn Tale, and Sad Sonata....almost cried....:)

adriansyc

Post by adriansyc » Apr 17th, '06, 16:46

lol
look lik everbody is voting 1 litre of tears. for me i at this moment i really cant find any drama or movie tat can be more sad then 1 litre of tears n cryin out love in the centre of the world tis 2 drama is my favourite :cheers:

is2hyolee

Post by is2hyolee » Apr 18th, '06, 17:03

... 1 litre of Tears, only it being said since i just finish watching it ...

tinan

Post by tinan » Apr 19th, '06, 10:47

as of now i thin tree of heaven is the most saddest series i have watched for sure

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Apr 19th, '06, 17:32

1 litre of Tears most definetly. I thought I have seen it all. We all know she is going to die and yet somehow those words and scenes were so magnificently choreographed and it stays into my heart making me :cry: :-( ...

Caramelito

Post by Caramelito » Apr 20th, '06, 00:37

Titicamara wrote:1 litre of Tears most definetly. I thought I have seen it all. We all know she is going to die and yet somehow those words and scenes were so magnificently choreographed and it stays into my heart making me
I can only agree with you. It s a really beautiful dorama.. but very very sad. It makes you think about life, family and friends and everything youve got in this life. Pretty touching

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Aug 29th, '08, 00:56

Byakkotai :cry:

kgobea

Post by kgobea » Aug 29th, '08, 01:32

Secret- a feel bad for the father
A millionaire's first love-omg i was crying....maybe a tear or two.
Virgin Snow-why does love take so long?
Autumn Tale-the drama separating their love was sad.
She is Nineteen-the drama the girl had to go thru was really sad
Spring Waltz-love reunited and the drama that follows mixed with haters makes sadness
Who Are You?-i cried. like once per episode! this is so good!
First Kiss-her first love and she denies it and gets taken away from it. they should make a special to tell us how it ends. cause im still guessing!
Hana Kimi-tw version. although funny, its ultimately sad that she couldn't be with him and he knows that he can't be with her even tho they love each other. sad.
Meteor Garden-when dao ming si loses his memory and the stuff that follows :(
Tatta Hitotsu no Kio-love taken away. drama. love coming together. drama. sad
Azumi-the guy she loved died for her
Moon Child-the tragic ending/story of bromances [male BFFs]

well, thats all i got. cant think anymore!

mjf

Post by mjf » Dec 27th, '08, 11:44

drama:
autumn tale , phoenix, summer scent, golden bride, spring waltz, hello god, next
lavender, love at aegean sea, at dolphin bay
movie:
april snow, a moment to remember,

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 27th, '08, 13:22

mjf wrote: a moment to remember,
my mom and i cried in this movie... its so goOd! and yet so sad... :cry:

mjf

Post by mjf » Dec 28th, '08, 01:18

you are right, a moment to remember is really really sad, I've been sad for the whole week whenever I think of that, because in reality this does exist, I can't imagine how does those handle it. I hate to watch this kind of sad movie cos I can't get out of it fast but this movie is so good. After this movie, I stop to watch sad movie, I might do in future when I can handle the sadness.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 28th, '08, 01:59

i'll never forget Heavenly Forrest or Tada Kimi Wo Aishiteru...
the cutest, best sad Japanese Movie drama i've ever seen.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Dec 28th, '08, 02:17

Kamisama mou sukoshi dake

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Dec 28th, '08, 02:51

When I finally watch 1 Litre of Tears most likely. Sekai No Chuushin, De Ai Wo Sakebu made my cry buckets. Besides that Pride made me watery at certain parts.

Jackee

Post by Jackee » Jan 4th, '09, 20:40

One Litres of Tears - was in tears in every episode ~ beautiful and yet sad moments
Grave of the Fireflies - Felt sooo bad pretty much the whole way through the film, very sad indeed ~

Retro

Post by Retro » Jan 14th, '09, 01:36

I've watched 3 to 4 episodes of 1 Litre of Tears and haven't cried...
I only started watching because everybody says it's so sad,
so frankly I'm quite dissapointed...It's a bit crap

The only part so far that have almost drawn a tear
are the end credits when pictures of the real girl are shown

Some drama's I have cried while watching are

Konna Koi no Hanashi
Watashitachi no Kyokasho
Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » Jan 14th, '09, 02:08

I thought 1 Litre of Tears was sad. Every episode was just sad, however if you cannot sympathize with her then maybe not.
Slowly losing your abilities like that is just too sad and frightening.

Retro

Post by Retro » Jan 14th, '09, 02:45

br4nd0n wrote:I thought 1 Litre of Tears was sad. Every episode was just sad, however if you cannot sympathize with her then maybe not.
Slowly losing your abilities like that is just too sad and frightening.
Oh I would sympathize with someone with such a condition,
but Sawajiri Erika, in my opinion, did not have the necessary
acting ability to convey such a person.
She came across very wooden to me...
Maybe she gets better as the series goes on,
but I feel I've wasted enough of my time watching already