[Discussion] Innocent Love - Horikita Maki (Fall 2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 12:57

charia-chan wrote:omg, the preview on episode 10 killed me...
You can say that again.

By the way, I think Episode 10 will be the final episode. The Drama Wiki was updated last week and it is now listing just 10 episodes.
Last edited by Lakay on Dec 15th, '08, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 12:59

Salz wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:OMG!! eps 9 was just so damn crazy!! I screamed, for real @___@ !!! too much happening, I dunno what to think anymore... omg
could u please spoil me with what happen??? :salut:
Kiyoka jumped off in a suicide attempt but in the process landed on Junya, apparently killing them both....
Edited to add:
The spoiler is for the preview for episode 10. I misread your post Salz. I will post another spoiler for Ep 9, I will just eat dinner :)
Last edited by Lakay on Dec 15th, '08, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 15th, '08, 13:03

Lakay wrote:
Salz wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:OMG!! eps 9 was just so damn crazy!! I screamed, for real @___@ !!! too much happening, I dunno what to think anymore... omg
Kiyoka jumped off in a suicide attempt but in the process landed on Junya, apparently killing them both....
what??????????really???what the hell happen??did Kiyoka realise Subaru is gay???
how could they kill off the main lead guy???that ridiculous...this is still not the last ep right?? :blink

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Dec 15th, '08, 13:06

the 10th episode is the final one.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 13:08

Salz wrote:
Lakay wrote:
Salz wrote:
what??????????really???what the hell happen??did Kiyoka realise Subaru is gay???
how could they kill off the main lead guy???that ridiculous...this is still not the last ep right?? :blink
I misread your post, I thought you were asking for spoiler for the preview for episode 10.
For spoilers for tonight's episode, later I will write (if Nomanymore or someone else have not posted by then). I have to eat my dinner now :)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 13:12

Salz wrote:
Lakay wrote:
Salz wrote:
I don't know what's goin on in Kiyoka mind, she's always smiling till now, then suddenly the photo album falls on her feet, she picks it up, looking at the pictures of her& Junya and start remembering everything of Junya, what he'd done for her, and that she realized she loves him :crazy: :crazy: Then she walks to the church, at Junya& Kanon 's wedding! for gawd sake... this is just crazy :cussing:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 13:14

charia-chan wrote:omg, the preview on episode 10 killed me...
me too. omg

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 13:32

Salz wrote:
Lakay wrote:
Salz wrote:
I'm not sure if they are dead, that's why I said "apparently".
As charia-chan said, next week's episode, Episode 10 will be the final one.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 13:38

Lakay wrote:
Salz wrote:
Lakay wrote:
I'm not sure if they are dead, that's why I said "apparently".
As charia-chan said, next week's episode, Episode 10 will be the final one.
Perhaps, he'll be in coma or something like Kiyoka was...

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 15th, '08, 13:39

Nomanymore wrote:
Salz wrote:
Lakay wrote:
I don't know what's goin on in Kiyoka mind, she's always smiling till now, then suddenly the photo album falls on her feet, she picks it up, looking at the pictures of her& Junya and start remembering everything of Junya, what he'd done for her, and that she realized she loves him :crazy: :crazy: Then she walks to the church, at Junya& Kanon 's wedding! for gawd sake... this is just crazy :cussing:
this is so crazy lol...what up with Kiyoka character??cant she just make up her mind?

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 13:45

chocoasaurus wrote:
Lakay wrote:According to some sources, there will definitely be a wedding scene in the last episode.
Hontouni? who with whom? Kanon w/ Junya?
Hirosakamoto wrote:
Lakay wrote:According to some sources, there will definitely be a wedding scene in the last episode.

don't spoil bakaXD!
Dun worry it makes ererybody more curious, like me :-)

Pardon, I was wrong about the wedding scene happening in the last episode :)

In "Other Side of Innocent Love", they mentioned about a wedding, but they did not give any names.

From a couple of spoliers, you may have read that:
The wedding between Kanon and Junya actually happened in tonight's episode (Episode 9).

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 13:46

this is so crazy lol...what up with Kiyoka character??cant she just make up her mind?
^ I think she's just confused, it's like she woke up from a long sleep, maybe she'd been in love with Junya all this time..
gahh, but still, why.. T^T

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 15th, '08, 14:41

Nomanymore wrote:
^ I think she's just confused, it's like she woke up from a long sleep, maybe she'd been in love with Junya all this time..
gahh, but still, why.. T^T
but she commit suicide bcoz of Subaru and after she wake up Subaru is the first person on her mind and the only one manage to make her talk and walk..no matter what Junya does she never care...how could suddenly out of no where she in love with Junya...that just weird....Kiyoka is really complicated character lol :scratch:
i would understand if it is Mizuki who create the scene...seem like Junya will always being burden by her

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 15th, '08, 15:19

arghhhhh i haven't seen the 9 episode!!!!
But i can't stop my hand click on hidden and read all the spoiler arghhhhh :O :O :O
and makes me even more curious arghhhh :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

arghhh i hate kiyoka... but all story about kanon and junya what happen to her brother? :unsure:

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 16:05

Aikawa Ringo wrote:arghhhhh i haven't seen the 9 episode!!!!
But i can't stop my hand click on hidden and read all the spoiler arghhhhh :O :O :O
and makes me even more curious arghhhh :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

arghhh i hate kiyoka... but all story about kanon and junya what happen to her brother? :unsure:
Waring: contains really, really heavy spoilers!
He was released. Prior to that, Kanon told her brother (while he's still in prison) that she already remembered everything and that she was the one who really stabbed their father. Yuji vehemently denied this saying her memory is incomplete and she's just confused.

Junya went to Nagano when Yuji was about to be released. At first, Kanon ignored Junya's presence and told him to just go home because she is "dirty". But he patiently waited outside. When evening came, Junya played the piano music box just outside the apartment and told Kanon what he thinks of the meaning of the song "Itsukushimi Fukaki". One thing lead to another and eventually, Kanon let Junya come inside the apartment and she confessed that she's the one who stabbed her father.

When they (Junya and Kanon) were sleeping, Yuji went into the house and in apparent fit of rage, tried to kill Junya with a knife. Alas, this was just a ploy by Yuji to force Kanon to really remember what happened in that fateful evening. In fact she did...

...when Kanon pointed the knife at their father, Yuji came inside the room and took the knife from Kanon. Yuji and their father had an argument and their mother intervened and was accidentally stabbed. When the father tried to grab the knife from Yuji, he was stabbed also (accidentally too I think - this happened so fast I have forgotten, sorry!)...

After that, Yuji tried to kill himself but Junya intervened and told him something like, "Do not die...For Kanon's sake, just live..."

After that, Junya and Kanon went back to Junya's house and they kissed.... I mean really KISSED! Lucky bastard. :)

Before their wedding, Junya gave the album which Kanon salvaged to Subaru. Subaru then told Kiyoka that after Junya and Kanon's wedding ceremony, they will go to a very far place (I think he did not indicate where, or I just missed it). On the wedding day of Junya and Kanon (Maki looked stunning on an off-shoulder wedding gown - reminds me so much what my wife wore on our wedding day. Ops, I digress ;) ) , Kiyoka, who was left behind with a caretaker, while Subaru was attending the ceremonies, saw the album and remembered what Mizuki (earlier in the episode there were some nasty things she did to Junya and Kiyoka - please indicate if I should post separate spoilers for these) tried to force her to remember regarding Junya and went to the wedding reception and that's where episode 9 ended.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lakay on Dec 15th, '08, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 15th, '08, 16:56

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :O :O :O
So her brother yoji did it???!!! :crazy: :crazy:
hiks...unbelievable i love Yoji :cry:
arghhhhh... i hope the wedding in the last episode...
if it wasn't then it should be a tragedy :cry: :cry: :cry:
where i can dowload the 9th episode :lol :lol
I have a poor torrent in my country :cry:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 22:38

Aikawa Ringo wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :O :O :O
well at least we can avoid more drama, if Kanon is the real murderer.. :blink

sabroson

Post by sabroson » Dec 16th, '08, 00:17

Aikawa Ringo wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :O :O :O
episode 9 is released? where ? O.o

sabroson

Post by sabroson » Dec 16th, '08, 07:17

Just saw episode 9
what I don't understand is
what was mizuki saying to junya and what she was saying to kiyoka?
and I think I can predict the ending.. ?
I think that junya lives, and kiyoka dies? and junya will be living like kiyoka in coma state

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 16th, '08, 15:45

Kanon in a wedding dress !! :wub: Looks like I'll be able to sleep well tonight....hohoho :lol She looks so pretty.

Hmmm...I enjoyed this episode. Can't believe Yoji did 'that' just to help Kanon to recall her past. If not, she would be blaming herself. What a great sacrifice. :salut:

I think for Kiyoka's case, Mizuki somehow reminded Kiyoka of how much Junya actually cared for her especially when she was in a coma. Probably before she attempted suicide, her mind was still caught up over Subaru. Hehe...kinda indecisive though :glare: but it happens XD Next will be the final episode....hehe...can't wait...lol.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 16th, '08, 16:32

Oh dear...I also clicked thru all the spoiler tabs!! Aaargh!!

Thanks Lakay for the update! I'm downloading ep 9 now so hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon. Btw, just wanted to ask, with the music box, what music does it play? Is it the hymn or is it Eternally? thanks heaps!

btw, those spoilers just sound too damn crazy!! *shakes the head* I'm completely lost!

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 16th, '08, 19:13

sleepyzzz wrote:Oh dear...I also clicked thru all the spoiler tabs!! Aaargh!!

Thanks Lakay for the update! I'm downloading ep 9 now so hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon. Btw, just wanted to ask, with the music box, what music does it play? Is it the hymn or is it Eternally? thanks heaps!

btw, those spoilers just sound too damn crazy!! *shakes the head* I'm completely lost!
It's the hymn, just like in the drama :)

You can check it here:

Music box:
http://eshop.fujitv.co.jp/product/detai ... 00000.html

Cross Necklace Model:

Silver Cross Necklace:

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 16th, '08, 19:16

By the way, I did not catch it but I believe in "story time" it is now October, 2008.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Dec 17th, '08, 02:13

ehh?! it's almost over and i'm only on ep 2!!!!
gah! hope to catch up soon over xmas break...i'm so tempted to click the spoiler tags!!>< lol~

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 17th, '08, 16:11

I have seen the 9th episode wohohohohohohhoo :lol :lol
yeah... i wonder why her brother didn't come to her wedding...
and I think that junya lives, and kiyoka dies? and junya will be living like kiyoka in coma state
nbut the blood came out from Junya's head arghhhhhh ~~~ :crazy: :crazy:
dont coma plissss :cry: :cry:
Damn kiyoka :x for 3 years junya treat her and she dump junya, then when junya go forward for happiness, she came and break it, what a waste! treat her life for 3 years and just go suicide without thinking about others!!!! :x :x :x
i hope the end of this drama is happy ending :-)
What about the orgel [music box] that junya give to mizuki, is there anyone who knows how much it is and where it being selled? :unsure: [/quote]

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 18th, '08, 17:05

A picture of the music box I bought. Pardon the low res as I just took this via webcam.[/img]
Attachments
Innocent Love Music Box
Innocent Love Music Box
InnocentLoveMusicBox.JPG (8.35 KiB) Viewed 3815 times

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 18th, '08, 17:27

^ ahh I want one too XD *envious*

aishii

Post by aishii » Dec 19th, '08, 11:26

^ me three! xD

am i the only one who´s stuck at episode 3 xD hehhe lol

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Dec 19th, '08, 14:47

And I just started watching the drama today!

Only watched until episode 4!

Man, this is reaaaally good. And I can't help but read the spoilers!

~Eri~

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 20th, '08, 05:52

rikie_11 wrote:And I just started watching the drama today!

~Eri~
ah, atashi mo~~!!! :cry: i need subs to watch the rest. but i sorta read the spoilers too lol :P

tkah

Post by tkah » Dec 20th, '08, 05:58

I am wondering why the title is Innocent Love at this point. It seems anything but innocent. I have also only watched up to episode 4. Can't wait for episode 5.......

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 20th, '08, 07:35

i too thought this drama was pretty good. can't understand why some people said it is rubbish??? there are more rubbish out there.. this is indeed interesting... not one moment of the show bored me..

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Dec 20th, '08, 10:08

avieamber wrote:
ah, atashi mo~~!!! :cry: i need subs to watch the rest. but i sorta read the spoilers too lol :P
YEAH!!!

If only I can totally understand Nihonggo...

(T_T)

rikie_11

Post by rikie_11 » Dec 20th, '08, 10:09

totemokakkoii wrote:i too thought this drama was pretty good. can't understand why some people said it is rubbish??? there are more rubbish out there.. this is indeed interesting... not one moment of the show bored me..
I absolutely agree with you there!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 20th, '08, 12:15

rikie_11 wrote:
totemokakkoii wrote:i too thought this drama was pretty good. can't understand why some people said it is rubbish??? there are more rubbish out there.. this is indeed interesting... not one moment of the show bored me..
Well, different people have diff ways of viewing things and interests, maybe serious stuffs aren't their thing, like Last Friends too, there are some who didn't like it (the same case when my friend told me her friends disliked it) but still encouraged her to give it a try :P

I mainly watch this coz it has same writer with LF and having Maki in it. However, i do have some stuffs i don't like or things that bother me a little
First, Kitagawa would have won the award for the MOST AWKWARD SMILE ever if there is such award, i just can't get used to his overly-acted smile, maybe it's his natural face structure that caused his smile to be like that, but i just kinda help but cringe everytime i see it. And sometimes his actings are a bit forced. But he's new so i'll not be too hard on him.

Next, I've seen Maki in several movies and dramas (with HanaKimi being my fav of hers) she's pretty good in comedies and also serious stuffs, especially with psychological problems kind of characters, which she somehow fits :D like Tokyo Shounen. so she's convinced me of being one of those better young generation actresses out there. But somehow, i don't know why but i don't really like her smiles sometimes in this drama. It looked kinda fake, especially when the camera remains shooting just her smile for longer time. ( i seem to have problems with smiles, don't I lol :unsure: ) But i dont blame her, i think the problem lies with the storyline and character given. It depends on the character and if she's given a not so appealing one, i don't think she can do much with it but to just play along. *the same problem with Teppan drama, the story's bit boring at times and i felt like she's kinda helpless in there at times) I hope she has better roles next time, be more picky haha...

But since i've started watching, i'll just finish it off to know the ending. :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 21st, '08, 14:51

Innocent Love OST
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0GD88K3

Torrent must be up soon, I think ^^

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 21st, '08, 15:12

Nomanymore wrote:Innocent Love OST

I hope somebody puts up the torrent soon. I can not download through Megaupload. Thanks for the upload anyway.

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Dec 21st, '08, 15:59

Lakay wrote:

I hope somebody puts up the torrent soon. I can not download through Megaupload. Thanks for the upload anyway.

I hope so too=), but why can't you download through megaupload 0.o?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 21st, '08, 17:16

The torrent I put up is still 'pending', anyways, here's MF links
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6a26 ... 68d24a9907

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 22nd, '08, 01:07

Nomanymore wrote:The torrent I put up is still 'pending', anyways, here's MF links
i love MF links...thanks! :thumright:

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 22nd, '08, 01:31

avieamber wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:And I just started watching the drama today!

~Eri~
Haha :lol I didn't know so many people were reading the spoilers >.< Hope I didn't spoil too much of it for all of you ...lol...just can't helped it...some scene had to be discussed here :P

Actually I can't wait for the subs too so I downloaded the raw version *blush*...hehehe...never regretted it though XD

Anyway thanks, Nomanymore for the OST. Love it :wub:

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 22nd, '08, 08:42

Nomanymore wrote:The torrent I put up is still 'pending', anyways, here's MF links
Thanks Nomanymore!

MF links are fast!

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 22nd, '08, 08:44

Hirosakamoto wrote:
Lakay wrote:

I hope so too=), but why can't you download through megaupload 0.o?
I don't know actually - it always indicates "Exceeded Download" or something although I have never downloaded anything yet. Perhaps I share IP address with other users in my ISP.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 22nd, '08, 10:31

avieamber wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:
Well, different people have diff ways of viewing things and interests, maybe serious stuffs aren't their thing, like Last Friends too, there are some who didn't like it (the same case when my friend told me her friends disliked it) but still encouraged her to give it a try :P

I mainly watch this coz it has same writer with LF and having Maki in it. However, i do have some stuffs i don't like or things that bother me a little
First, Kitagawa would have won the award for the MOST AWKWARD SMILE ever if there is such award, i just can't get used to his overly-acted smile, maybe it's his natural face structure that caused his smile to be like that, but i just kinda help but cringe everytime i see it. And sometimes his actings are a bit forced. But he's new so i'll not be too hard on him.

Next, I've seen Maki in several movies and dramas (with HanaKimi being my fav of hers) she's pretty good in comedies and also serious stuffs, especially with psychological problems kind of characters, which she somehow fits :D like Tokyo Shounen. so she's convinced me of being one of those better young generation actresses out there. But somehow, i don't know why but i don't really like her smiles sometimes in this drama. It looked kinda fake, especially when the camera remains shooting just her smile for longer time. ( i seem to have problems with smiles, don't I lol :unsure: ) But i dont blame her, i think the problem lies with the storyline and character given. It depends on the character and if she's given a not so appealing one, i don't think she can do much with it but to just play along. *the same problem with Teppan drama, the story's bit boring at times and i felt like she's kinda helpless in there at times) I hope she has better roles next time, be more picky haha...

hey.. i really agreed about the smile part... but talking about smile the most freaky one must be..
kiyoka's coma smile in episode 2 or 3. the show almost became a horror drama at that point. haha.. but then i still really like uchida as an actress.. her looks is very soothing to look at for a long time.. not a face that will get me sick of...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 22nd, '08, 12:12

totemokakkoii wrote:
avieamber wrote:
rikie_11 wrote:

hey.. i really agreed about the smile part... but talking about smile the most freaky one must be..
kiyoka's coma smile in episode 2 or 3. the show almost became a horror drama at that point. haha.. but then i still really like uchida as an actress.. her looks is very soothing to look at for a long time.. not a face that will get me sick of...
you know what, kiyoka definitely freaks me out ALL THE TIME she has a scene on. I mean, do coma people just stare 24/7 with their eyes open the whole time? don't they need to blink? :unsure: I totally agree that it can be a horror movie sometimes! Well, i dont really know her as an actress but i'd have hoped that she can do much more in this drama than just being coma the whole time, freaking me out with her gaze. :crazy: This is another point which i think should have been able to be done in a more productive way with the actress. It's getting bit tiring to see her lying all the time with Junya being all protective towards her, brooding over her. it gets boring after a while. The pace could've been faster.

Oh Maki's heavy breathing everytime she's remembering the past really annoys me too. It's a bit forced. :scratch:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 22nd, '08, 18:52

Torrent for the OST is up ^^

So.. everyone seen the finale?
Last edited by Nomanymore on Dec 22nd, '08, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 22nd, '08, 18:54

Nomanymore wrote:The torrent for the OST is up ^^

no was it good
so far i feel sorry for junya :cry:
is all right i have to say
and maki good job :cheers:

sabroson

Post by sabroson » Dec 22nd, '08, 19:24

haven't seen the finale
but you can pm me the spoilers :)

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Dec 23rd, '08, 17:06

omg! this was the WORST drama ever!!! :crazy:

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Dec 23rd, '08, 22:36

Nomanymore wrote:Torrent for the OST is up ^^

Seen it and loved it ^^
With the ending it definitly become one of my top 5 dramas :D
extra spoiler(in white): I was sure (at least hoping very very much) that there will be one kissing scene in the drama, but I never actually hoped that there will be 2 of them : D
So I really liked it, and I'm happy that I watched it from the beginning :) And it all thanks to you ^^ Doumo Arigatou ^______^

nessi

Post by nessi » Dec 24th, '08, 07:34

i just started watching it today and love it alot!!

does anyone know where i can find the singing version (jap. version) of the hymm from the beginning of ep.1?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 24th, '08, 07:50

omg! this was the W :whistling: RST drama ever!!!
tsk tsk tsk somebody should go watch more dramas *shake head*
Last edited by Nomanymore on Dec 24th, '08, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 24th, '08, 07:55

nessi wrote:i just started watching it today and love it alot!!

does anyone know where i can find the singing version (jap. version) of the hymm from the beginning of ep.1?
I'm not sure if it's this one, but charia-chan mentioned it before
The English title: What a friend we have in Jesus
Japanese: Itsukushimi Fukaki (慈しみ深き)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 24th, '08, 08:11

Nomanymore wrote:tsk tsk tsk somebody should go watch more dramas *shake head*
totally agree! :thumright: *if you think Innocent Love is good, then i can mention a lot more dramas out there which are much much better, GREATER* :D

But i have to admit, the 1st epi made me liked the show, but as it goes on, i felt a bit like wasting my time watching...(but since i started, i just wanted to know the ending)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 24th, '08, 08:25

^ lol I think you mistook me, I do love the show, it's not the best but definitely not in my w0rst drama list kekeke ^^

jus me

Post by jus me » Dec 24th, '08, 08:59

I just finished watching this drama. I liked it.
I'm glad it's not one of those it's up to you what you think endings. Glad this one had a proper ending. :D
junya running out of the house because he finally remembered Kannon was sweet.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 24th, '08, 09:24

Nomanymore wrote:^ lol I think you mistook me, I do love the show, it's not the best but definitely not in my w0rst drama list kekeke ^^
:lol (it's not in my worst drama list either) i guess, it's just lacking sth.

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Dec 24th, '08, 09:27

jus me wrote:I just finished watching this drama. I liked it.
I'm glad it's not one of those it's up to you what you think endings. Glad this one had a proper ending. :D
I was qite shocked by that btw :D till then he just sat there, how can he even run :D I wonder how many months passed since he was in outoforder-mode..

zhenxi

Post by zhenxi » Dec 24th, '08, 12:25

Pheebs wrote:

Seen it and loved it ^^
extra spoiler(in white): I was sure (at least hoping very very much) that there will be one kissing scene in the drama, but I never actually hoped that there will be 2 of them : D
So I really liked it, and I'm happy that I watched it from the beginning :) And it all thanks to you ^^ Doumo Arigatou ^______^
Actually there's 3 kissing scene including the last one infront of the church

zhenxi

Post by zhenxi » Dec 24th, '08, 12:29

nessi wrote:i just started watching it today and love it alot!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-Cmd3JM4c

http://www.ylw.mmtr.or.jp/~johnkoji/hymn/312.html

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 24th, '08, 12:37

zhenxi wrote:
Pheebs wrote:

Seen it and loved it ^^
gah, I love the 1st kiss the most :D *get shot*

zhenxi

Post by zhenxi » Dec 24th, '08, 14:08

Nomanymore wrote:
zhenxi wrote:
Pheebs wrote:
Seen it and loved it ^^
gah, I love the 1st kiss the most :D *get shot*
Well, the last kiss looks the best to me..As in very beautifully done and shot.with the background

jus me

Post by jus me » Dec 24th, '08, 19:20

Pheebs wrote:
jus me wrote:I just finished watching this drama. I liked it.
I was qite shocked by that btw :D till then he just sat there, how can he even run :D I wonder how many months passed since he was in outoforder-mode..
that's a good question. I was thinking when did he put his shoes on. Till Junya ran out of the house he was playing the piano.

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 25th, '08, 04:03

Episode 10 finale...
Yay...I love happy endings !!! :-) Such a sweet love story :wub: For a moment there, I thought that Kiyoka would end up with Junya *phew* hehe XD Glad that I followed it till the end.

Poor Subaru...*sigh* why can't he tell Junya the truth when he was conscious ? ...not when he(Junya) is in coma....grrr >.>

One thing I've learnt after watching so many dramas.....everything is within running distance...hahaha :lol

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Dec 25th, '08, 05:55

This show was laughably bad. Way too over the top.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Dec 25th, '08, 20:16

marspeach wrote:This show was laughably bad. Way too over the top.
:roll

That's usually a trademark of an Asano Taeko-scripted show, I've found (okay, I've only watched a small sample) - after watching Last Friends, Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake before Innocent Love, which are all 'original' works and not adapted from other works (NANA 1 & 2, Cat Street). It seems like she really likes to work in public service announcements/hot topic issues in her stories, and that the 'plot' as such suffers from it. Innocent Love is also more of a straight-ahead pure love story, and those type of stories are almost always overly sentimental/dramatic (Koizora, anyone?) - that said, if you don't take the show seriously, it's quite entertaining, and I quite enjoyed it, even more than Last Friends. More emotionally fulfilling by the end, I suppose.

But of course YMMV.

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Dec 25th, '08, 22:18

silentblvd wrote:
marspeach wrote:This show was laughably bad. Way too over the top.
:roll

That's usually a trademark of an Asano Taeko-scripted show, I've found (okay, I've only watched a small sample) - after watching Last Friends, Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake before Innocent Love, which are all 'original' works and not adapted from other works (NANA 1 & 2, Cat Street). It seems like she really likes to work in public service announcements/hot topic issues in her stories, and that the 'plot' as such suffers from it. Innocent Love is also more of a straight-ahead pure love story, and those type of stories are almost always overly sentimental/dramatic (Koizora, anyone?) - that said, if you don't take the show seriously, it's quite entertaining, and I quite enjoyed it, even more than Last Friends. More emotionally fulfilling by the end, I suppose.

But of course YMMV.
I totally agree with you on that statement "if you don't take the show seriously, it's quite entertaining". At the beginning, all the mistakes and stupid things (for example like Kiyoka's eyes are always wide open, her eyes never got dried tough) made me crazy. Then from the 3rd episode I decided not to pay attention to these things, and I started to really enjoy it. All the funny and sweet moments made me happy, and it was great to wait till next week to watch them.... to be frank, till then I watched my fav moments over and over. It's already ended, but I still do this :D Most of the negative characters turned out to be positive for me. I love dramas like that. I love dramas that has good endings. Also... you know the type of drama, when you cheer for a couple for 10-11 episodes, then they end up just holding hands OR worst, walking in different directions at the end?
So anyway... I think it was an entertaining drama, it got my attention till the end... and uhm..
(in white)Kitagawa was a cute zombie at the last ep, like a little child who needs help from his mom : D

quandary

Post by quandary » Dec 26th, '08, 03:22

I've just finished episode 9 and I seen worse, but not by much. The acting performances range from adequate to excellent, the problem is with the writing. There cannot possibly be a situation where so many disfunctional people actually know each other. Every dramatic possibility these twits could think of was thrown in, way over the top. To be fair, there were some wonderful, actually believable, tender moments, but these writers just have no restraint whatever. A good premise wasted, IMO. I hope Maki-chan is more careful about what she chooses to do in the future. I think she's a very bright girl, maybe she has enough horsepower to have script approval by now. One can only hope.

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Dec 27th, '08, 05:05

:lol Maki is probably one of the biggest stars in her agency now, if not the biggest (Sweet Power had a very good year, though), but from everything I've read about the Japanese entertainment industry, it doesn't seem as simple as saying yes or no to a project. Her manager/staff seem like pretty cool people, and Innocent Love (as much as I enjoyed it, I can admit it to being pretty flawed in execution) in its original premise seemed to be the star vehicle that would have capped off Maki's 20th year. Because it had a pretty mpressive pedigree - it was going to be a getsu, it was from the writer and producer (possibly director as well?) of Last Friends, which turned out to be rather popular, the season before, and it was airing during the Christmas holidays, and it was a love story. A pure love story, even - and that formula, on paper seemed like a no-brainer.

It just didn't turn out that way, but I just have to point out when Inoue Mao, fresh off of her Hana Yori Dango success, had her first getsu, First Kiss, and that didn't perform nearly as well as expectations were hoping. I mean, it didn't go down in flames, but it was hardly the stuff that ratings were made of.

I think every drama/production Maki is involved in will be just a further learning experience - they can't all be winners. Right now, I think she's building herself a very nice niche in the independent/quiet movie industry, and I wouldn't be surprised if as she got older, she moved more into film roles.

claza

Post by claza » Dec 28th, '08, 17:47

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who finds the acting a problem. The actor for Junya is sometimes unbearable to watch for me. I knew Maki is a good actor, so I didn't want to think her acting is bad in Innocent Love, but it's just not as good as Hana Kimi. So I turned around to the script - something HAS to be wrong with it for a good actor to perform poorly.

Well, I'm only judging from the five episodes I've seen.

I do remember Inoue Mao. I watched both HYD1+2 and First Kiss. I thought First Kiss was as boring as hell. The only thing that drove me to watch it was because Mao's performance was great in HYD. Then, her character turned out to be so dull in First Kiss.

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Dec 28th, '08, 18:36

currently at episode 4 of the show. this show is definitely not one of the best from maki-san (nobuta still stands to be the best in my books:), but i still find it engaging with its small subtle touches and pace (perhpas because i was coming off Rookies and Hana Kimi which was just a rollercoaster of feelings).

well for me was glad to see a slightly different side of maki from her usual roles which tends towards unique or overt. Am actually looking forward to getting my hands on Tokyo Shonen and Arubaba which looks intriguing to me.

lol thinking of taking a break from IL after episode 5 since the subs are still in works, and also from the heart-wrenching cliches in the show. :cry:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 29th, '08, 13:01

well for this drama, i blame it on the scripts and how they direct the scenes, i mean, some scenes could've been executed better, imo. The casts are pretty good actually i think, well maybe except for the newcomer, Junya whose smiles and actions are just a bit hard to swallow yet. The storyline is pretty boring and slow-paced and keeps us waiting and waiting, and while waiting, in my case, i kinda lost interest. :glare:

mujiri

Post by mujiri » Dec 29th, '08, 13:51

i get what you mean about the slow pacing of the show. it seems like the show just throw a wrench after another to ramp out heart-wrenching factor of the show.

but now being at episode 5 kinda keen to find out what happen in kanon-chan past.
few things i found that were nice about the series so far:

- junya kind smile
- of course maki-chan optimisim
- the quiet tender style of the show

perhaps like pheebs said, if you don't think of this as needing to be another big hit, it reminds like a simple romantic novel for a sunday read:)

quandary

Post by quandary » Dec 30th, '08, 02:51

I just finished episode 10 and this whole thing was seriously dumb, but I stuck with it. I adore Maki and this was just the sort of sweetie-pie role that she is so appealing in, but this can't have been good for her career. I'd like to see her do more challenging material, because I think she can do virtually anything.
The meeting of the zombies was supposed to be poignant I guess, but it just made me laugh. (That shouldn't be a spoiler, since nobody will know what it means until they see it.)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 30th, '08, 03:03

i should really stop reading the spoilers... :scratch:
but thanks for the added insight :D