[Discussion] Anmitsu Hime (Fuji TV, 2008, 2009)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Karawhite

[Discussion] Anmitsu Hime (Fuji TV, 2008, 2009)

Post by Karawhite » Jan 10th, '08, 08:45

Title: Anmitsu hime [Princess Anmitsu]
Genre: Jidaigeki, Comedy
Format: Tanpatsu (1 episode)

Starring: Inoue Mao, Koide Keisuke, Natsuki Mari, Izumiya Shigeru etc

[Information obtained from Dramawiki]

Synopsis: Inoue Mao stars as Princess Anmitsu, a tomboy princess who feels restrained by the orderly and boring life in the castle. On her 16th birthday, after being introduced to a series of unappealing candidates for her hand in marriage she decides to sneak out of the castle to find true "Rabu jya" [love]. Join her as she wrecks havoc on the town, defeats bad guys and discovers the true meaning of "Rabu jya". Inoue Mao is completely adorable and believable as the naive and headstrong Princess Anmitsu and the rest of the cast is equally believable and entertaining. The series never takes itself seriously and the ending is quite sweet.

{N.B. I only understood roughly 70-80% of what was being said so this synopsis may not e entirely correct)

I just finished watching the special and i loved it. The plot was pretty standard but it was enjoyable throughout. The acting was great all around, including the kids. Inoue Mao was completely adorable as anmitsu hime. I thought her fighting scenes were very fluid and skilled. She must have practiced really hard for this. I want more Anmitsu! She's so cute.
Last edited by Karawhite on Jan 11th, '08, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Jan 10th, '08, 14:08

yeah I was pretty surprised at Mao's fighting skills and how she whirl those sticks

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 11th, '08, 00:50

It's about time someone created a thread for this :D I haven't watched it yet, waiting for subs unfortunately.

Karawhite since you created this thread, maybe you should post some info about this SP at the beginning. You could use the drama wiki for your info if you like. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Anmitsu_Hime

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jan 11th, '08, 09:13

When this gets subbed, i bet more and more people will be joining me in demanding more Anmitsu. Inoue fans will love this special. Does anybody know how this special did ratings wise?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 11th, '08, 10:46

i really enjoyed this
it was great how the combined the historical with ablsolutly stupid stuff ^_^
im really leased with the way they ended it too

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jan 12th, '08, 02:21

Yeah, the stupid stuff was blended in really really well. But the best part in my opinion was
when the guy dressed as a lady did his suicidal 'attack' on his audience so that they swarmed up to block the people chasing after anmitsu. that was great.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 12th, '08, 02:26

Arg, I really cant wait to watch it! Thanks for putting the info at the beginning :-) I think it will help out some people who come in wanting to know what this drama is all about :thumleft: maybe it will get some more people to watch it too!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 12th, '08, 07:30

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 12th, '08, 13:26

Karawhite wrote:Yeah, the stupid stuff was blended in really really well. But the best part in my opinion was
when the guy dressed as a lady did his suicidal 'attack' on his audience so that they swarmed up to block the people chasing after anmitsu. that was great.
i agree with you about the best part
that was just awsome
i was rather stunned myself ^_^

memichu

Post by memichu » Jan 14th, '08, 04:12

Some of it was ridiculous but I still enjoyed it. xD;;
I agree, Inoue Mao was just adorable and I liked her fight scenes a lot.
I thought the kids were quite good.
And...I absolutely loved Saotome Taichi! I admit...I would've been one of those swarming fangirls. xD;;

b.akanishi

Post by b.akanishi » Jan 14th, '08, 13:46

Hi there
I need clubbox link for this drama, I'm not sure if this is fine to ask here ^^
thanks in advance .

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jan 14th, '08, 14:50

@ atskv9: I forgot to thank you for putting up those gorgeous pictures. Thanks!

@ Yorokobi and memichu: I just wished that that guy had appeared more often.
Not only did he make a graceful lady, he was a really cool fighter as well. Too bad he was only in one fight scene
@b.akanish: sorry, i don't know of any clubbox links for this special

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jan 14th, '08, 23:59

^^no problem, just wanted to fill out the thread a bit for future readers :-)

mrsmilevskyi2001

Post by mrsmilevskyi2001 » Jan 15th, '08, 07:17

i watched it already and eventhough couldn't understand a word being said i found it very enjoyable. and oh lord saotome taichi is so fine but he's just 16! makes me feel dirty to like him *covers face with both hands*

does anyone know where to get mao and shokotan duet of the theme song? urghh it drives me crazy looking for it

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jan 15th, '08, 13:05

^ oh yeah i agree i want the duet ne! it's a kawaii song!

about taichi
doesn't he look a bit like oguri shun? :unsure: haha!
loved it when mao went onstage and asked him if he was a guy XD
and i love the LOVE~ part ne! where mao and her teacher were saying it again and again XD
love jya! haha!
and what was up with mao wearing that bald thing on her head? XD what a costume!
but i loved the show! and it had its touching moments ne!
everyone in the cast was great!
love mao's fight scenes! she can do really well in those kinda roles

Karawhite

Post by Karawhite » Jan 15th, '08, 14:24

I think Mao's training in Hanaikusai really helped her in here because she moved so gracefully in all her costumes. I mean when she is in full attire, she's got on like 10 layers and she manages to move so gracefully. Even her fighting costume that she wears in the palace when she practices is so baggy and in the way. She looks adorable in it, but i wouldn't want to practice in that. But she pulls it off effortlessly. Especially in her last fight scene:
when the kids throw her the spear/staff thing and she starts fighting all the bad guys. She knocks one through the window and knocks another guy's sword away and starts walking up the steps, holding her spear in front of her as she ascends. She walks up so gracefully, it just adds that touch of authenticity of her skill with the spear/staff thingy.
I really would have liked more fight scenes.

@ yamapinku-rabu
I really loved any scenes with her and that guy. So cute. Especially the scene where he helps her up and tells her she's such a troublemaker. He was so cute there when he reveals himself to her
I liked Koide Keisuke too. Though i don't think him and Mao had enough scenes together. Their chemistry wasn't the best though but it wasn't bad.

minimew

Post by minimew » Jan 26th, '08, 21:14

i really want to watch this series. i love Mao's work. so when someone subs it i will be extremely grateful

CatSoup

Post by CatSoup » Feb 14th, '08, 23:49

Has anyone subbed this yet?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 15th, '08, 00:36

^^Nope. TimelesSub announced that they were gonna do it though :thumright:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 27th, '08, 23:10

im really waiting for the subs, i watched the first episode and i loved it, although i cant understand a lot of things in japanese T_T

inoue mao is my fav actress, cant wait for watching Anmitsu Hime and HYD the movie!
does she have more projects to the future?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 28th, '08, 01:39

kathia_sophia wrote:inoue mao is my fav actress, cant wait for watching Anmitsu Hime and HYD the movie!
does she have more projects to the future?
she currently doesn't have any projects that have been announced. And she's pretty busy right now with HYD movie so I dunno if anything is in the works.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Mar 3rd, '08, 21:43

this month i think this dorama will be finish, it will have 11 episode, right? and no subs yet? i really cant wait to watch it

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 3rd, '08, 21:51

kathia_sophia As far as I am aware its only a one off special. As in they only aired one long episode. I don't think there are plans for a series or any more episodes yet...but who knows there might in the future! We can hope

And no subs for the special yet :-(

aqatha

Post by aqatha » Mar 4th, '08, 16:17

I really want to see her in this SP .. I am now trying not open the spoiler box..
Inoue a great actor .. her drama First Kiss was the best act I see
also, she did great in HYD..

Hope to see the HYD movie soon

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Aug 10th, '08, 04:35

Does anyone have the subtitles for this yet?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Aug 10th, '08, 05:45

Arsenal1508 wrote:Does anyone have the subtitles for this yet?
Nope. Unless you can read Chinese, then they're out there somewhere.

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Oct 2nd, '08, 07:23

Has any group picked up for subbing yet? Would have thought it'd be subbed as Inoue Mao is a huge fanbase.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Oct 2nd, '08, 09:02

Arsenal1508 wrote:Has any group picked up for subbing yet? Would have thought it'd be subbed as Inoue Mao is a huge fanbase.
Yeah actually TimeLesSub picked it up before it aired I think but it looks like it's on the back burner since it's a SP. I would've hoped for it to be subbed but Inoue Mao's popularity seems to coincide with Hana Yori Dango for some people so that just might be one reason no one else has tried to sub it. I would sub it if I could :whistling:

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 14th, '08, 01:23

Instead of waiting, I dealt with it myself and bought the DVD with english subs.
Now, the english subtitles may or may not be as accurate as the individual subber or subbing groups like SARS (they're real good indeed :P).

Since I bought it from US it will take a while before it gets here (Sweden), until then, look forward to it as I'm going to implement the subs
(timing and maybe styling, lol) to the 1280x720 and the 704x396 version with the DivX codec, but if there's a request that I'd use x264 also,
let me know and I won't hesitate encode it in both versions.

Haha, it seems I have a lot of free time which I don't but encoding things does it automatically without my supervision(?)

Also, I hope I'm not stepping on someones toes here since TimeLesSub actually announce this.
Let me know if this is OK, ne? ;)

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Oct 14th, '08, 05:46

Lol, I'm totally okay with it but only cause I just want the subs really bad :lol There can be multiple versions of subtitles for dramas so I don't think there should be any problems even if it was picked up by another group. Can I request the softsubs as well since I've already got the RAW file (I'm sure many do as well)? If you prefer hardsubbing since you bought the dvd, I'm totally okay with that also. Mao is worth the bandwidth :D

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 14th, '08, 06:05

SARS-Fansubs was actually thinking about subbing this special. I'm a big fan of Mao, so it's pretty obvious to want to sub it.
But we held back because Timelessub had claimed it. I'm not sure where they are in terms of progress, but I think we'll consider it after I watch a bit of it. ;-)

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 14th, '08, 10:12

atskv9 wrote:Lol, I'm totally okay with it but only cause I just want the subs really bad :lol There can be multiple versions of subtitles for dramas so I don't think there should be any problems even if it was picked up by another group. Can I request the softsubs as well since I've already got the RAW file (I'm sure many do as well)? If you prefer hardsubbing since you bought the dvd, I'm totally okay with that also. Mao is worth the bandwidth :D
Of course :)
amrayu wrote:SARS-Fansubs was actually thinking about subbing this special. I'm a big fan of Mao, so it's pretty obvious to want to sub it.
But we held back because Timelessub had claimed it. I'm not sure where they are in terms of progress, but I think we'll consider it after I watch a bit of it. ;-)
By all means sub it! :thumleft:
Since TimeLesSub has problem finding a translater, as stated severals posts back I assume it's okey by now that someone else take over it.
Until, you're group decides to sub this and if I get hold of that DVD before, I'm releasing the subs in both soft and hard. Consider it a preview taste of what's to come ( :whistling: ) since I think fansubbers that do this for free, does a better job at subbing foreign dramas than companies does.

Oh, and please do the SD, HD versions also. That was a big leap in technology for you and I'm sure many people are greatful for your groups translations.

So, until then, yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :cheers:

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Oct 19th, '08, 20:08

This project is taking too long to get subbed no?

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 19th, '08, 22:16

Arsenal1508 wrote:This project is taking too long to get subbed no?
Just continue to have patience. Fansubbers doesn't sub because you want it, it's because they want and they do it whenever they have the time and feel like it. You know, the balls is in their hands :P.
Also, I will put up softsubs whenever I get the DVD.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 22nd, '08, 12:59

OK, I've got the DVD, I'm now re-syncing the existing english subtitle.

Lol, this is a horrible translation even though I don't understand Japanese, I'm making changes to the lines so they are better understanding.
I've only reached to the 16min mark into the SP.

Also I'm syncing it to the 1280 version, it should go to the 704 version, I'll have to check when I've go the 704 version download, no ones seeding that so it could take a while, otherwise, any of you could check for me.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Oct 22nd, '08, 20:55

OK, so I've lost interest, lol. I'm uploading the softsub for the 1280 version, you can check for yourself if it's in sync with the 704 version also.

This'll do till SARS-Fansubs release a far more professional translation.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Nov 12th, '08, 02:39

Mao is reprising her role as Anmitsu-Hime in a sequel SP!

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081112 ... 008-n1.htm
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pu ... frame.html
Some new faces in the cast 8)

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Nov 15th, '08, 17:14

atskv9 wrote:Mao is reprising her role as Anmitsu-Hime in a sequel SP!

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081112 ... 008-n1.htm
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pu ... frame.html
Some new faces in the cast 8)
Haha, awesome! :D

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Nov 16th, '08, 04:06

Comment from Mao-chan

I'm really happy that the Anmitsu family can gather together again and it'll be fun.
I'll do my best to show off a cooler sword fight than the one before as the tomboy princess !
It will be a drama that will bring smiles to everyone in the family in the New Year, so look forward to it !

as translated by unleashthegeek :-)
http://unleashthegeek.blogspot.com/2008 ... ime-2.html

Barbarella

Post by Barbarella » Dec 21st, '08, 20:19

I absolutly looooooooooooooowed the Anmitsu Hime 2008 Special that SARS subbed!!! :D
And i see, there will be a 2009 Special too! YAY!
Any chance that that also will be subbed by SARS?
And soon, if possible? Now, I know Subbers HATE to get rushed, but you would make a very grateful fan, very happy.
And i am sure, i am not the only one! *makes big begging puppyeyes*

makuii

Post by makuii » Jan 15th, '09, 09:49

This SP, is seriously soooo hilarious!!!
Funny in it's own right, it is def. one of the better comedies out there...
Such light hearted sillyness!!!
^_^

technohive

Post by technohive » Jul 7th, '09, 16:43

Were can I watch Anmitsu Hime 1 and 2 ...I have found some in youtube but their is no second season ....I like Inoue Mao acting in her she is really funny

rotua_chan

Post by rotua_chan » Dec 29th, '09, 07:41

hi all...
i'm trying to find anmitsu hime sp 2 but couldn't find it? anyone knows how to find it?

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Dec 29th, '09, 08:05

rotua_chan wrote:hi all...
i'm trying to find anmitsu hime sp 2 but couldn't find it? anyone knows how to find it?
A quick search yields...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

There's 2 specials that my group subbed. Both are complete with English subtitles.