[Discussion] Innocent Love - Horikita Maki (Fall 2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 26th, '08, 00:34

I've watched the first two episodes now and even tho this drama has a really weird vibe to it, I can't help but continue.

I don't think that Kitagawa is particularly bad or annoying with his acting. Tho, it seems that smiling comes really easily to him and he might sometimes smile in an inappropriate situation (what an amazing smile, tho, it makes my legs turn into jelly :heart:). The only times that his acting is so-so are those weird scenes in which Horikita doesn't do much of a better job, either. I blame it on bad scriptwriting, since I doubt there is an actor/actress who can make anything good out of those scenes.

Hmmm... Kanon is a bit of a creepy stalker, tho, isn't she? I think it's pretty weird to hire a thieving stalker to clean your house even if it makes your half-dead girlfriend smile... Ah, I don't know, I'm not sure if the weird stuff fascinates me or bothers me.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Nov 26th, '08, 00:54

I have to say, I start liking Yujin's smile... I think it really fits the character he is playing.
Some scenes feel weird though, I hope that improves. I feel that he (and also the chemistry between him and Maki) is getting better in the progress of the dorama.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 26th, '08, 07:17

Hi, just wanted to add my opinion about this drama. I only saw two episodes(since there are only two subs out and I can patiently wait for the rest since stupid college won't let us BT on campus so I have to wait to go home anyway ^_^U) But anywho, I think the drama is good and it pulls me into. I don't think that Junya whatever guy is a bad actor... never heard of him (since I guess this is his first role hehe) but I don't think he's all that bad... I just don't like the actress for Kiyoka.... she was in Bambino and I didn't like her... just when I first saw her myeeh.... I didn't like her hair... I just wanted to... I dunno, looked alive or just very very fake but that's way off topic ^_^U

But yeah, but from the two episode that I saw and other people's opinions:
I think Kanon murdered her parents and since it was such a shock (maybe the shock could have happened to her before the murder or during) that she repressed the memory and might soon have post-traumatic stress thingy. I've noticed people commenting on the fact that she's stalker-ish and how she even went into his home. Well, she gave off a weird vibe in the first episode just how she slyly takes pictures of people and stole that picture from that family. If she did repressed her memories, and actually did murder her parents, well... I would think she might be.... not exactly normal? I believe she comes off not being "normal" and I think going through the life that she did, she isn't going to be exactly sane. So to me it's understandable why she is stalkery
Well, that's how I feel... wish I was a better explainer....

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 26th, '08, 07:24

Yeah I agree ,
Kanon is the actual murderer, she's slightly loony, she creates a different persona and kills people..
. Cant wait for more subs.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Nov 26th, '08, 15:44

Hi all!! Sorry a bit late to the game. Read basically all the posts! Dedication! LOL

I've been sitting on Innocent Love for a while - initially a bit put off by the heavy story line and the weak ratings.

HOWEVER, I am glad I started it! I just watched episode 5. It had a slow start and Kitagawa was a bit awkward. A bit forced, stiff acting and smiled too much! However, I think he improved a few episodes in. As a newbie he's doing a decent job tho definitely questionable whether he should have got the role - particularly for a getsu 9 drama!

As for Maki (I'm a bit of a fan too =P), I was particularly impressed by a scene in ep 5 - it's where she's telling Junya what she remembers on that night. Those few minutes plus the background piano music was quite breathtaking and moving. So far, I think her acting is fine but we need to see some change in her character. Going to get a bit repetitive if all we see are flashbacks, gasping for breath and tears.

Yoji is also definitely worthy of a mention! I can't believe he's the guy from Nodame. I haven't really seen his works but his acting is v believable. I'm more on the side of thinking he's protecting Kanon. I reckon the dad's the one who assaulted Kanon!

I hope ratings improve. :unsure:

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Nov 27th, '08, 11:46

I have watched the first episode! It's so touching! *Downloading episode 2*

zoreo09

Post by zoreo09 » Nov 27th, '08, 15:07

Sorry if someone already asked this, but does anyone know the name of the hymn he sings? Thanks in advance!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Nov 27th, '08, 15:13

zoreo09 wrote:Sorry if someone already asked this, but does anyone know the name of the hymn he sings? Thanks in advance!
What a friend we have in Jesus
(Itsukushimi fukaki -jp, if i'm not wrong)
http://www.macjams.com/song/17444

dimitri_can

Post by dimitri_can » Nov 27th, '08, 16:55

Enjoy. Direct from Japan. =)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Anyone interested to get the book can contact me.
Last edited by dimitri_can on Nov 27th, '08, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Nov 27th, '08, 16:59

dimitri_can wrote:Enjoy. Direct from Japan. =)
ImageImage
Anyone interested to get the book can contact me.
Cool :thumleft:

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Nov 27th, '08, 23:11

After watching episode 6, I tried Boss. I can't remember tasting Boss this good :P. I am switching back from Georgia to Boss :)

tkah

Post by tkah » Nov 28th, '08, 00:08

I really like the drama so far after seeing 2 episodes, but honestly, if I have to hear that song again I will scream. I find myself fast forwarding when they start playing it........Its called "What a friend we have in Jesus". Although I do have to say its appropriate for the setting..

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Nov 28th, '08, 13:30

I wanted to buy that musical box and give it to my spouse as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately it's out of stock and additional stocks will come out only on December 19 - just a day before I return home to my home country. I think Fuji Web Shop doesn't deliver overseas. *sigh*

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Nov 28th, '08, 16:14

I'm tempted to get the music box too...I'd rather it played Eternally instead though. The hymn is starting to get to me... :glare:

Fuji TV shop won't send it but you can you a 3rd party like i-TM4U (link below). I've used these guys before and they're good. I added an extra item to the order and they accidentally left it out in the package. They were very sorry and sent the remaining item free of charge. I think they generally whack on 10% to 15% service charge then of course you need to pay the shipping from Japan to ur place.

http://i-tm4u.biz/shopping/index.php

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Nov 28th, '08, 16:45

^^
Even if I use a 3rd party, the item won't arrive on time (before Christmas) since Fuji Web Shop takes at least 3 working days to process orders (Dec 20, 21, 23 will be non-working days here). Might as well just request a colleague who will be coming here after the holidays to buy for me :) For now, I am thinking of ordering the necklace (with the silver cross) instead - it's just too expensive for my budget that I am having second thoughts.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the i-TM4U link. I have bookmarked it - I am sure It will be helpful some other time.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Nov 29th, '08, 14:31

@Lakay - I know what you mean! I was thinking of getting the music box too but it's pretty pricey!

Just to let people know, I've translated the website's preview of episode 7 on my blog. I don't think there are major spoilers. I'm also really into the instrumental version of Eternally at the moment! I've ripped the preview and made it available for download.

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2008 ... o-version/

claza

Post by claza » Nov 29th, '08, 20:17

I just watched the second episode. So far, this drama is really slow and boring for me. Can anyone assure me without spoilers that it gets better? ._.;;

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 29th, '08, 21:04

claza wrote:I just watched the second episode. So far, this drama is really slow and boring for me. Can anyone assure me without spoilers that it gets better? ._.;;
It gets better. :-)
It's not without its problems, but once certain things happen (you didn't want spoilers, so... ), it picked up significantly for me. I'd say give it a chance for a couple more episodes.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Nov 29th, '08, 22:57

sleepyzzz wrote:@Lakay - I know what you mean! I was thinking of getting the music box too but it's pretty pricey!

Just to let people know, I've translated the website's preview of episode 7 on my blog. I don't think there are major spoilers. I'm also really into the instrumental version of Eternally at the moment! I've ripped the preview and made it available for download.

Thank you for the translation of the preview sleepyzzz!

I also downloaded the piano version of Eternally and I love it too! The soundtrack is also available to be bought but it is kinda pricey too so I am hesitating; This mp3 might just change my mind, let's see :). Thanks again!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Nov 29th, '08, 23:35

I'm sitting on the fence a bit with the OST...the other tracks have not really caught my attention but I LOVE this track!! :wub:

Btw, do anyone have a favourite scene so far?

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 30th, '08, 02:15

my fav scene is any scene with Kanon&Youji together^^

starlight116

I think that Subaru

Post by starlight116 » Nov 30th, '08, 02:40

Was the one you but kiyota in coma but that my idea and kiyota did something to subaru to make him do that. i love subaru actually actor he is so handsome

shiningstarss

Post by shiningstarss » Nov 30th, '08, 05:26

does anyone think thaat the one Kiyoka really likes is Subaru? this would make it even more triangular than ever..

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 30th, '08, 05:56

yeah it seem like the one Kiyoka truly love is Subaru...maybe she commit suicide bcoz Subaru reject her or she realise that Subaru in luv with Junya and cant accept the truth...

westlake

Post by westlake » Nov 30th, '08, 06:57

sleepyzzz wrote:I'm sitting on the fence a bit with the OST...the other tracks have not really caught my attention but I LOVE this track!! :wub:

Btw, do anyone have a favourite scene so far?
There were 2 scenes which I like.... episode 3 (36.5 min till 39.3 min scene) and episode 5 (17min till 21.1 min) from the 704x396 DivX6 version.

Further details in spoiler section....
Episode 3 the part where Junya ran after Kanon to apologize to her(if I'm not mistaken :P ) for the misunderstanding. And I think that's where Junya explains to Kanon who Kiyoka was. The part which I like was when Kanon held Junya's hands :wub:

Episode 5, the part where Junya goes over to Kanon's place to see what's troubling her.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Nov 30th, '08, 12:50

Ooooh westlake!

They're my favourites too!! More details below!
On the part in Episode 3, I felt it was the first time we saw the real side to Junya. Plus I felt Kitagawa did a decent job expressing the emotions at that point. I though this was Kitagawa's best scene.

As for Maki, my favourite for her is the episode 5 part that you mentioned. I think it was the impact of the piano version of Eternally as well but I just felt that it was a very moving moment.

shiningstarss

Episode 7

Post by shiningstarss » Dec 1st, '08, 12:54

Oh I've just watched episode 7...... there is alot of development, mainly about Subaru and Kiyoka.. And i feel so sad for junya..

here's a short summary i did:
episode 7 spoilers

In this episode, Kiyoka awakens but is unable to talk or walk at first. it becomes apparent very soon that who Kiyoka really likes is Subaru as she keeps a photo of him in her pocket. When Subaru finally met Kiyoka by chance (he was trying not to meet her) at the cafe, she recognises him and spoke her first word "Subaru", stood up with much effort and hugged Subaru.Again and again, Kiyoka shows rejection for Junya. It occured to Junya that maybe she has been want to escape from him all this time.He also thinks that Kiyoka likes Subaru.
He also remembers his first time meeting Kiyoka after which there was this part where Kiyoka jumped into a pool and said she will marry the one who will take her panties (she somehow threw one out).Junya jumped but Subaru didn't. It was shown that Kiyoka regretted her action. Nearing end, Junya sets up a celebration meeting for Kiyoka's return with only Kiyoka and Subaru only (which ended well). The reason for this was Junya found out the truth behind Kiyoka and Subaru through a letter left behind by Kiyoka. They have met before the actual wedding date, and they said their goodbyes. (It's affirmative now that Kiyoka has tried to commit suicide). At the very end, reporter Jiro appears to have found out more about Kanon.
I think from now on story will focus on Kanon..

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 1st, '08, 13:16

^^
Wow you are fast :) The development is really fast paced in this episode as you said especially regarding Subaru and Kiyoka. There is actually a supplementary novel regarding the relationship among Subaru, Kiyoka and Junya (君が笑ってくれるなら もう一つの). Available from Amazon Japan or JBook (http://www.jbook.co.jp/p/p.aspx/3676384/s/) . It's in Nihongo though and I don't know if and when they will release a translated issue.

I am still processing what Ikeda said to the doctor. :) I will try to post something later as there seems to be a very surprising development as well in that aspect.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 1st, '08, 16:56

A major Episode 7 spoiler:
Earlier in the episode, Ikeda went to the school where Kanon attended before the incident and talked to a teacher. It seems there was a discussion/consultation by Kanon's mother with the said teacher (could be the counselor or Kanon's adviser - I'm speculating here). And Ikeda wanted to see the record of such consultation if it still exist. It was not shown though if the record was intact...but towards the end of the episode, I think it could be presumed the record indeed existed and was probably shown to Ikeda as he confronted the doctor with some queries. Kanon's mother was also treated by the doctor (on what case or illness, I didn't get - maybe depression?) and thus Ikeda deduced that there was really trouble in the Akiyama household. Ikeda told the doctor that by his (the doctor's) reactions, his suspicion is confirmed, that is, the father sexually abused Kanon.
Last edited by Lakay on Dec 1st, '08, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 1st, '08, 18:14

ahhh i couldn't watch it live T^T you guys make me so impatient now...

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 1st, '08, 18:23

Me too!! I couldn't help it and read all the spoilers...talk about a lack of self control! hahaha

But I only need to wait another 2 or 3 days for the chinese subs to be out...hehehe so it's not so bad for me!! ^_^

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 2nd, '08, 05:01

Just finished eps 7
Kiyoka is in love with Subaru but does she know who he likes... has he ever liked her, more than a friend? I think it's somehow unfair for him if he has to be with someone because of responsibility, or guilt or pity. then he can never confess to Junya? I hope they don't end it like that..
&the last scene of Kanon&Junya is so heart broken :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Nomanymore on Dec 2nd, '08, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Dec 2nd, '08, 05:34

Nomanymore wrote:Just finished eps 7
Kiyoka is in love with Subaru but does she know who he likes... has he ever liked her, more than a friend? I think it's somehow unfair for him if he has to be with someone because of responsibility, or guilt or pity. then he can never confess to Junya? I hope they don't end it like that..
I agree... I so did not like how Subaru got stuck with Kiyoka out of guilt and responsibility just because Kiyoka wants him. He's never wanted her as far as I can see and he even tried to put an end to her life. I really resented that he basically got pushed into meeting her and then got saddled with her. I'm not going to be happy if she ends up his girlfriend in the finale.

lalaland_09

Post by lalaland_09 » Dec 2nd, '08, 05:38

So now...everyone is in love with someone that doesn't love them back. Seriously, I feel sorry for almost every character in this drama. Pre episode 7 was mostly Kanon, Youji and Subaru. Now it's Junya and Kiyoka. I'm not really sure how they're gonna deal with Subaru and Kiyoka, he can't stay with her out of guilt forever, she has to find out who he really loves sometime. Wonder how she'll react though...

shiningstarss

Post by shiningstarss » Dec 2nd, '08, 06:15

Lakay wrote:A major Episode 7 spoiler:
Earlier in the episode, Ikeda went to the school where Kanon attended before the incident and talked to a teacher. It seems there was a discussion/consultation by Kanon's mother with the said teacher (could be the counselor or Kanon's adviser - I'm speculating here). And Ikeda wanted to see the record of such consultation if it still exist. It was not shown though if the record was intact...but towards the end of the episode, I think it could be presumed the record indeed existed and was probably shown to Ikeda as he confronted the doctor with some queries. Kanon's mother was also treated by the doctor (on what case or illness, I didn't get - maybe depression?) and thus Ikeda deduced that there was really trouble in the Akiyama household. Ikeda told the doctor that by his (the doctor's) reactions, his suspicion is confirmed, that is, the father sexually abused Kanon.
Thank you Lakay! I actually missed the first 15 minutes of the show... now I know the full story. アリガト\(^^\)

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 2nd, '08, 15:11

Ratings improved for the 2nd straight week :) Episode 7 rated at 13.4% after rating 12.6% previously. It is the highest for this series since its premiere episode.

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 2nd, '08, 15:57

Wow....thanks shiningstarss and Lakay for the summary and translation on a certain section of episode 7. I enjoyed this episode...new fav scene last part of episode 7 :lol Though of all the scenes so far, I still prefer episode 3 (36.5 min till 39.3 min scene) the most. :wub:
A sad episode indeed for both Junya and Subaru. I guess there is no point in living in denial already since it's obvious that Kiyoka likes Subaru and Junya now knows that very well. Hmm...I kinda think that as far as Subaru and Kiyoka are concern, it may just end like this. It is either that or both of them (Subaru and Kiyoka) will go their own separate ways after finding out that Subaru likes Junya....it's just a thought...still quite a few episodes left :roll I'm guessing perhaps Mizuki will be playing a bigger role in the coming episodes.
I'm glad the ratings are improving too. :cheers:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 3rd, '08, 17:35

Episode 7 was WAY bizarre!!
The bit where Kiyoka is crawling to the kitchen was crazy/scary and almost funny. I didn't actually laugh but it just seemed a bit too extreme. I didn't really like this episode - probably because of the attention on Kiyoka etc. However, I did note that Kitagawa was improving in terms of his acting. The last scene was quite touching. :wub:

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 3rd, '08, 21:25

sleepyzzz wrote:Episode 7 was WAY bizarre!!
The bit where Kiyoka is crawling to the kitchen was crazy/scary and almost funny. I didn't actually laugh but it just seemed a bit too extreme. I didn't really like this episode - probably because of the attention on Kiyoka etc. However, I did note that Kitagawa was improving in terms of his acting. The last scene was quite touching. :wub:
Hehe...I thought so too. That scene was a little creepy. But I'm glad they have this episode, at least now we know what really happened in the past between Kiyoka, Subaru and Junya. Though it was not so much of a surprise since there was a hint in episode 1 during the opening song of the word 'Betrayal'.. :lol

It must be pretty hard for Junya being rejected so many times by Kiyoka during this episode. :-(

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 4th, '08, 15:06

Ok people - I'm like only a click away from ordering the OST!! I'm starting to quite like the music!

BUT, I just want to ask everyone - in the drama, there is an instrumental version of Eternally - it's a mix of strings, xylophone and piano. It doesn't seem to be on the OST! Does anyone know where we can download/buy it? I got so desperate last night that I bought the piano track off itunes! hahaha

Hachiko_

Post by Hachiko_ » Dec 5th, '08, 03:34

accidently read the spoiler to ep 7...and i am only on ep 2 LOL

WOW, i thought that maybe it was just going to be boring after the next couple of episodes (sad too..i really liked last friends) but i guess not!!

vaberella

Post by vaberella » Dec 7th, '08, 02:42

I just read up on the spoilers....sigh...

They are taking drama and going way OTT with it. It's sounding more like a bad version of Mars. I just dunno about all this. I haven't seen 6 or 7 but I'm in the process of downloading it now but the summaries depress me.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 7th, '08, 16:19

OK - let's bring back a bit of light heartedness to this thread!! I've posted up the piano version of Eternally on my blog! Check it out!! So how many people are thinking of buying the OST? I'm thinking about it cos CDJapan is currently giving out 500 yen coupons...tempting...hahaha :lol

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 7th, '08, 16:42

^^
Hod do you get the 500 yen coupons? I'll be here in Japan for just another 2 weeks.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 7th, '08, 16:48

There's a link on the homepage - you can also just go straight to here - have fun!! hahaha

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/offers/coupon_ ... awing.html

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 7th, '08, 17:02

^^
Thanks!

To be on topic:
Yes, it's Monday - IL day!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 7th, '08, 19:41

sleepyzzz wrote:OK - let's bring back a bit of light heartedness to this thread!! I've posted up the piano version of Eternally on my blog! Check it out!! So how many people are thinking of buying the OST? I'm thinking about it cos CDJapan is currently giving out 500 yen coupons...tempting...hahaha :lol

wow thanks so much!! I love it XD I want it but have to save, NewS albums& calendar took me alot already...

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 8th, '08, 12:56

Just finished watching ep 8. Oh what a twist! Just wow! :) Episode 9 will be a dandy and I predict the rating next week will surpass that of episode 1.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Dec 8th, '08, 23:35

@Lakay: Just rub it in!! :x ahaha I'm patiently waiting for subs...in the meantime, I've tracked down the piano piece that Kitigawa plays in episode 4! For those interested, you can go here for a listen!

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2008 ... -the-moon/

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 8th, '08, 23:42

oh it's that song, omg now it comes to me, I always think it sounds familiar..
argh still dling eps 8, can't wait to see it XD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 9th, '08, 02:50

Just finished eps 8, just wow,
it's heart wrenching to see Junya like that :( I cried a little when he followed that little girl with the red balloon &it flied away :cry:
i love the last scene, so classical, but that's what i need ^^
can anyone tell me what Kanon wrote in the note?

next eps looks intriguing :blink

shiningstarss

Post by shiningstarss » Dec 9th, '08, 03:50

i've completely missed this episode! !!! (T△T) download download download~~~~ by the way isn't Eternally a song of Utada Hikaru? The piano music .. is it the same?

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Dec 9th, '08, 04:45

Nomanymore wrote:Just finished eps 8, just wow,
it's heart wrenching to see Junya like that :( I cried a little when he followed that little girl with the red balloon &it flied away :cry:

Nomanymore, the translation to that note is: [spoiler]The note that Kanon gave to Junya said: "Dear Junya, Thank you for your care and everything, thank you very much, goodbye."[/spoiler]

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 9th, '08, 05:47

Machihxh wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:Just finished eps 8, just wow,

Nomanymore, the translation to that note is: [spoiler]The note that Kanon gave to Junya said: "Dear Junya, Thank you for your care and everything, thank you very much, goodbye."[/spoiler]
oh thanks!! Now I really can't wait for next episode ^^!!

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Dec 9th, '08, 11:17

Read through this thread! thanks guys and gals, your discussion make this drama sound good, I'm going to try watch it since its year-end now~ Can't wait ^^ thanks qeerbeat too for subs!

My impression of the guy from YUZU is hyper and energetic. Love his live performances.

Seems his acting is horrid. It'll be interesting to see.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 9th, '08, 11:48

sleepyzzz wrote:@Lakay: Just rub it in!! :x ahaha I'm patiently waiting for subs...in the meantime, I've tracked down the piano piece that Kitigawa plays in episode 4! For those interested, you can go here for a listen!

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2008 ... -the-moon/
I am not rubbing in - if I did, I should have posted some spoilers as before :)

Fly Me To The Moon, I know it sounded very familiar :) Thanks!

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 9th, '08, 11:57

Ratings went down a bit at 12.8. The opening scenes were lacking in impact. But I think Ep 8 paved the way for better ratings for the last couple of weeks of IL.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 9th, '08, 14:11

Another important text that may need translation:
Headline of the magazine article:
「父親が娘に性的虐待」
"Chichioya ga musume ni seitekigyakutai"
"Father sexually abused daughter"

josean06

Post by josean06 » Dec 10th, '08, 04:53

My thoughts on the whole episode 8
although i actually didn't watch it, i just skimmed through everything. I got the whole jist of everything though.

Kanon = destiny
Well of course, since she is the main character, but hopefully it doesn't turn out to be one of those stories where the guy and girl die.

Junya = memory
Since for more than half of the series, he's been plagued with memories of Kiyoka, and trying to get her to wake up. .But i really can't put two and two together with his character. Since everyone has memories in this story, and everyone remembers something from the past.

Kiyoka = betrayal
Okay, at first I thought the betrayal would be from Junya, since he would eventually fall in love with Kanon (or so we should all be thinking). That she would be betrayed by Junya. But we eventually find out that she betrayed Junya and went with Subaru.
*However, in the previews for episode 9 we see her crying over Junya, as if either she made the wrong choice, or just felt highly guilty of her actions.

Subaru = denial
I don't get his specific word either. Denial of what? That he loves Junya? He doesn't deny his sexuality, only in front of Junya. But otherwise his character has nothing to do with denying anything. As of now he's trying to deny the fact that he's in love with Junya in front of the awakened Kiyoka. Maybe in order to save her the heartache?

Yoji = sacrifice
I think that Yoji did in fact kill his parents, but he "sacrificed" his freedom to save his sister from all the pain from her dad. Which is why he is the sacrifice in the story. It isn't entirely clear YET. But I think he did sacrifice himself to save Kanon, yet I think he's way too sadistic for this word, since all he likes to do is kill.

Mizuki = jealousy
The worst kind. I swear she's so jealous of Kanon. You don't really see her with Junya outside of church. You know if you liked him so much, do try to push the other people away. Why not work for Junya's heart? Hello! everyone else is doing it. I think Mizuki's word is right on point with her character, and everything about her is jealousy. She needs to get a life.

Jiro = disclosure
I think his word also fits him perfectly, since he's trying to find out everything about the whole situation. Which he did eventually, and now the whole world knows. It could either help Yoji and Kanon with the outside world, now that they had a reason to kill their parents (or at least just one of them).

My thoughts on 8, and the preview for 9
I wonder why the mother was killed? Since she saw Yoji kill the dad, he thought it would be best to keep her mouth shut? Wow that sounds so blunt, but I couldn't find any less harsh words lol. But I don't know. It's all bouncing around. I'm sure there is some sort of sibling love on Yoji's end. Since he gets extremely jealous of Junya, and may have internally wounded Junya, with a nice stab (or good punch) to the stomach. Mizuki might do something also to Kanon of course. And Kiyoka, I'm tired of her, she can't make up her mind. She should just look for someone else. Since the person she supposedly loves is gay, and the person that "used to love her" (I use that term lightly, since it's not for sure, yet) is now courting someone else. If only she just stayed with Junya, instead she just tortured him the whole time with trying to win Subaru, even though he would never actually DO anything, except unconditional love of good friends.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 10th, '08, 09:57

Regarding the monologues of Kanon to his brother:
In "story time" it is still around February, 2008 (the magazine n Episode 8 was dated 2008/02/29). My guess is by the time of the last episode, it would be around Christmas of 2008. And I think Yoji by then would already be dead. And the monologues of Kanon to his brother is her way to somehow show her appreciation on the sacrifices he made for her by "conversing" with him even if he is already gone.

Just a take of a frustrated writer :) So please indulge me :)

westlake

Post by westlake » Dec 10th, '08, 12:30

Lakay wrote:Regarding the monologues of Kanon to his brother:
And the monologues of Kanon to his brother is her way to somehow show her appreciation on the sacrifices he made for her by "conversing" with him even if he is already gone.

Just a take of a frustrated writer :) So please indulge me :)
Aaaah...Yea, you may be right, Lakay. Gahh...you are so observant...hehe XD I thought about it as well, after watching several episodes about the monologues by Kanon and it sort of felt as if he(Yoji) is no longer around. But it was all just a thought till episode 8. Though I hope that I am wrong about it :-( If not, that would certainly feel kind of 'familiar'. =.='

vaberella

Post by vaberella » Dec 10th, '08, 20:03

josean06 wrote:My thoughts on the whole episode 8
although i actually didn't watch it, i just skimmed through everything. I got the whole jist of everything though.

Kanon = destiny
Well of course, since she is the main character, but hopefully it doesn't turn out to be one of those stories where the guy and girl die.

Junya = memory
Since for more than half of the series, he's been plagued with memories of Kiyoka, and trying to get her to wake up. .But i really can't put two and two together with his character. Since everyone has memories in this story, and everyone remembers something from the past.

Kiyoka = betrayal
Okay, at first I thought the betrayal would be from Junya, since he would eventually fall in love with Kanon (or so we should all be thinking). That she would be betrayed by Junya. But we eventually find out that she betrayed Junya and went with Subaru.
*However, in the previews for episode 9 we see her crying over Junya, as if either she made the wrong choice, or just felt highly guilty of her actions.

Subaru = denial
I don't get his specific word either. Denial of what? That he loves Junya? He doesn't deny his sexuality, only in front of Junya. But otherwise his character has nothing to do with denying anything. As of now he's trying to deny the fact that he's in love with Junya in front of the awakened Kiyoka. Maybe in order to save her the heartache?

Yoji = sacrifice
I think that Yoji did in fact kill his parents, but he "sacrificed" his freedom to save his sister from all the pain from her dad. Which is why he is the sacrifice in the story. It isn't entirely clear YET. But I think he did sacrifice himself to save Kanon, yet I think he's way too sadistic for this word, since all he likes to do is kill.

Mizuki = jealousy
The worst kind. I swear she's so jealous of Kanon. You don't really see her with Junya outside of church. You know if you liked him so much, do try to push the other people away. Why not work for Junya's heart? Hello! everyone else is doing it. I think Mizuki's word is right on point with her character, and everything about her is jealousy. She needs to get a life.

Jiro = disclosure
I think his word also fits him perfectly, since he's trying to find out everything about the whole situation. Which he did eventually, and now the whole world knows. It could either help Yoji and Kanon with the outside world, now that they had a reason to kill their parents (or at least just one of them).

My thoughts on 8, and the preview for 9
I wonder why the mother was killed? Since she saw Yoji kill the dad, he thought it would be best to keep her mouth shut? Wow that sounds so blunt, but I couldn't find any less harsh words lol. But I don't know. It's all bouncing around. I'm sure there is some sort of sibling love on Yoji's end. Since he gets extremely jealous of Junya, and may have internally wounded Junya, with a nice stab (or good punch) to the stomach. Mizuki might do something also to Kanon of course. And Kiyoka, I'm tired of her, she can't make up her mind. She should just look for someone else. Since the person she supposedly loves is gay, and the person that "used to love her" (I use that term lightly, since it's not for sure, yet) is now courting someone else. If only she just stayed with Junya, instead she just tortured him the whole time with trying to win Subaru, even though he would never actually DO anything, except unconditional love of good friends.
I'm responding in regards to why the mother was killed. Now of course we don't know the real role of the mother and we're still finding out if sexual abuse really happened or the possiblity of it was in the fringe. However if it did happen, it would be safe bet to assume the mother was aware in paticular if a doctor was involved. If the mother did nothing while the father was abusing Kanon then she is as much at fault as the father. A lot of times the mothers tend to sedate themselves or ignore the situation even though they are fully aware. And if the mother got involved in defending her husband as the son is attacking then she would of course be hurt and I would feel no sympathy for her. It's far more distructive and harmful if the information came out on her husbands actions and so the mother would take responbility by making sure it stays shut and within the household or it would affect everyone. However, this is the worst kind of thing to do extremely horrible because she is basically forcing her daughter to be affected by the actions of her father and the son probably reacted negatively because of that.

I'm starting to wonder if the killing was accidental more so than intentional. What I mean to say is that I feel that maybe the brother got into a fight with the father and from there it went physical and he accidentally killed the father, then the mother got involved or she killed herself or was killed during that first process or even killed by the father during the entire situation and that was the end. I think we're assuming the brother killed the father intentionally, but it could have been accidental and on top of that it could have been the father killing himself when confronted with the situation. That also wouldn't look good on the kids if that was the case.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Dec 13th, '08, 04:19

i'm also puzzled about how the mother dies...i kind of think that it was actually kanon who killed her father because she is holding a knife when she has the flashback after seeing the article. maybe her mother tried to retaliate and yoji killed the mother to protect kanon??

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 13th, '08, 10:07

Additional stocks for the music box from Fuji Web Sore unexpectedly arrived earlier than expected last week and I got mine delivered just today! I hope my wife will like my surprise gift when I return back home :)

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 14th, '08, 09:57

Ahh... i come again after about a year i'm hibernating from watching J-dorama
but now... jreng jreng jreng! I come again! :cheers:
Yeah Innocent Love is the only reason! :thumright:
Maki-chan yeah!! :cheers:

Whoa here so many spoiler!!! heheheh
But i think this movie very interesting!!! Why?
This movie makes us keep thinking and got it all wrong LOL :D

My thought: :mrgreen:
I think, when the father try to rape her, the mother was coming and being killed by the father! Kanon is the one who use the knife, so her brother get the knife and burn the house! whoahahahah! so in my opinion her brother is just a lovely brother who love his sister and getting all pain of her fault . and kiyoka wa saite no onna dayo, if she dun want to marry junya just say it directly, i think junya will understand... poor junya :cry:

shiningstarss

Post by shiningstarss » Dec 14th, '08, 12:39

me agree with ringo~san

Foxxy_Fuyumi

Post by Foxxy_Fuyumi » Dec 14th, '08, 16:02

Guys I am waiting for ages the other subbed episodes... what's going on?

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Dec 14th, '08, 16:09

Foxxy_Fuyumi wrote:Guys I am waiting for ages the other subbed episodes... what's going on?

I guess you need to wait=/, I guess you are not the only one who are waiting, including me.

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 11:27

According to some sources, there will definitely be a wedding scene in the last episode.

Hirosakamoto

Post by Hirosakamoto » Dec 15th, '08, 11:39

Lakay wrote:According to some sources, there will definitely be a wedding scene in the last episode.

don't spoil bakaXD!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Dec 15th, '08, 12:07

Lakay wrote:According to some sources, there will definitely be a wedding scene in the last episode.
Hontouni? who with whom? Kanon w/ Junya?
Hirosakamoto wrote:

don't spoil bakaXD!
Dun worry it makes ererybody more curious, like me :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 15th, '08, 12:44

OMG!! eps 9 was just so damn crazy!! I screamed, for real @___@ !!! too much happening, I dunno what to think anymore... omg

Lakay

Post by Lakay » Dec 15th, '08, 12:52

I did not put into spoiler tag because the info is readily available in the "Other Side of Innocent Love".

BUT
It turned out the wedding scene happened in tonight's episode! So I was wrong :)

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Dec 15th, '08, 12:54

omg, the preview on episode 10 killed me...

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 15th, '08, 12:55

Nomanymore wrote:OMG!! eps 9 was just so damn crazy!! I screamed, for real @___@ !!! too much happening, I dunno what to think anymore... omg
could u please spoil me with what happen??? :salut: