Post by Arsenal1508 » Sep 26th, '08, 23:17

Details

* Title: 바람의 화원 / The Painter of the Wind
* Also known as: Wind's Flower Garden / Garden of the Wind
* Genre: Period
* Episodes: 20
* Broadcast network: SBS
* Broadcast period: 2008-Sept-24 to 2008-Nov
* Air time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55 (9:55 Korean time)

Synopsis

Shin Yoon Bok is a talented painter who disguises herself as a boy to search for her father’s murderer and meets a master painter who guided her into being a great painter. Kim Hong Do is the man who teaches Yoon Bok how to paint and they develop a strong friendship of mentor and disciple.

Cast

* Moon Geun Young as Shin Yoon Bok
* Park Shin Yang as Kim Hong Do
* Park Jin Woo as Jang Hyo Won
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Painter_of_the_Wind
Really looking forward to this drama because of the return of Moon Geun Young.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 27th, '08, 00:36

I am looking forward to this drama. Do you know if it will be subs?

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Sep 27th, '08, 01:31

Nope...but I hope there is some team that picks this up quickly.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Sep 27th, '08, 23:26

Yes KST is picking up this drama for English subs.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 28th, '08, 01:43

That is great to know. Thank you KST

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 28th, '08, 23:20

Cool, Thanks KST for subbing this drama. Highly anticipating Moon Geun Young's return to the small screen. Oooh and acting as a boy, wonder how she'll act it out. Because so far all the ones I've seen her done, she acts so cute. But I know she'll do well in everything she does.

xk

Post by xk » Sep 29th, '08, 15:32

Oh man... I tried and tried to keep watching this drama Paint of the Wind but it's sooooooooo boring. I can't find any other drams that's more boring than this.

On the other hand, the drama "King and I" was MUCH better. It falls in the territory of Yi San, Dae Jo Young, Sea God, etc.. Now those are world-class, but this ain't. This drama is even worse than Hong Gil Dong.. lol. 8)

I put both of the episodes in my recycle bin and will be gone forever....

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 30th, '08, 06:32

Ignoring what xk has just said ... :glare:

Does anyone know where Moon Geun Young's older drama called The Lost Empire can be found? It seems like a very interesting story and would really like to watch it.

xk

Post by xk » Sep 30th, '08, 17:03

garnet, please keep on topic....

what ya ask has nothing to do with the topic.....

lolz......

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Sep 30th, '08, 23:10

Just the title of the drama got me interested.

I remember when it started filming, I was so excited and now its started. Can't wait to start it.

ani01manga

Post by ani01manga » Oct 15th, '08, 04:21

hoping kst subs this drama soon since episode 1-6 is already out. ^_^ the title got me interested on watching it.. and i have watch all the video in raw... jus waiting patiently on the subs... so far this drama is one of my fav. korean drama...

daydee

Post by daydee » Oct 17th, '08, 07:27

For me, this one is the most anticipated drama this year. And I begin to feel desperate waiting for the subs. I even started download the chinese subs version, although my Chinese is very very limited. But better than watching raw. :)

babypudding

Post by babypudding » Oct 19th, '08, 11:32

I'm watching it with Chinese subs, and also watching the 2nd time with English subs! This is like the best drama of 2008 for me~ ^_^

You can watch it with English subs at

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/painterofthewindEn

ani01manga

Post by ani01manga » Oct 21st, '08, 16:09

[quote="babypudding"]I'm watching it with Chinese subs, and also watching the 2nd time with English subs! This is like the best drama of 2008 for me~ ^_^

You can watch it with English subs at

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/painterofthewindEn[/qu

Yeah, this drama is the best drama of 2008 for me too, but I finished watching it 1 week ago viikii.com... I'm just waiting for the eng subs that KST is going to release. Since in Viikii.com don't have any function or options to download the subs... I want to be able to watch it on my big tv screen with subs...

daydee

Post by daydee » Oct 25th, '08, 05:25

For those who think this drama is boring..., well it just a matter of preference.
Even those drama which get the highest acclaim were criticism by few.

Painter of the Wind got many many positive review. Fabulous cinematography, great music composition, not to mention the wonderful art of painting and off course the right actress.
Talking about painting, isn't it great to see how a piece of blank paper, turn into live by the artist hand, drawing what he/she saw, stroke by stroke, brush by brush...... You'll find it a lot in this drama.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Oct 25th, '08, 05:40

I like everything about this drama except for the queer part. I thought it would have been a really wonderful drama if the "girl love girl" part is taking out. This storyline really sucks because of it. I think this is the only thing I hate to see it in a drama.

chotokosan

Post by chotokosan » Oct 28th, '08, 07:21

I get the Eng sub of this great drama from site: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/painterofthewindEn
but not timing yet. Anybody likes to help me do the timing, because I don't know how to.

Dark G!rl

Post by Dark G!rl » Oct 30th, '08, 14:33

Is't there any SoftSub yet????

ani01manga

Post by ani01manga » Oct 31st, '08, 15:30

chotokosan wrote:I get the Eng sub of this great drama from site: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/painterofthewindEn
but not timing yet. Anybody likes to help me do the timing, because I don't know how to.

i got the first n second video done w/ eng sub... n timing too... but i jus don't know how to upload it... i wonder if i can send it to u by email n u upload it...

so if u have time start on the third ep... i'll give it a try by helping u timing it during my freetime... :D

razorXroses

Post by razorXroses » Nov 1st, '08, 09:02

Errr.. Do you guys know where else to watch this instead at viikii?
Coz i have a [roblem loading the pages there.. >.<

HELP ME! :-(

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 1st, '08, 09:16

ani01manga wrote: i got the first n second video done w/ eng sub... n timing too... but i jus don't know how to upload it... i wonder if i can send it to u by email n u upload it...
You can upload the subs using megaupload but just letting you know that KST is doing the fansubs for this. Hopefully you asked for their permission already before you post up your work. But then again, they are taking a little long uploading even the first episode. :glare:

Actually can't you add it as an attachment

Dark G!rl

Post by Dark G!rl » Nov 1st, '08, 10:10

razorXroses wrote:Errr.. Do you guys know where else to watch this instead at viikii?
Coz i have a [roblem loading the pages there.. >.<

HELP ME! :-(
Me too I get the same problem..

Dark G!rl

Post by Dark G!rl » Nov 1st, '08, 10:25

garnet07 wrote:
ani01manga wrote: i got the first n second video done w/ eng sub... n timing too... but i jus don't know how to upload it... i wonder if i can send it to u by email n u upload it...
You can upload the subs using megaupload but just letting you know that KST is doing the fansubs for this. Hopefully you asked for their permission already before you post up your work. But then again, they are taking a little long uploading even the first episode. :glare:

Actually can't you add it as an attachment
I agree with you...
the Ep 10 out and there are no Sub...

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 1st, '08, 10:40

garnet07 wrote:
He doesn't need KST's permission to sub the same drama and KST hasn't made the finale decision if they are subbing it or not as far as I know.
Good luck subbing but if you are using the translation from viilkii you need to ask the original translator for permission :-)

ani01manga

Post by ani01manga » Nov 1st, '08, 12:55

WroW wrote:
garnet07 wrote:
He doesn't need KST's permission to sub the same drama and KST hasn't made the finale decision if they are subbing it or not as far as I know.
Good luck subbing but if you are using the translation from viilkii you need to ask the original translator for permission :-)
oh...ok..

Dark G!rl

Post by Dark G!rl » Nov 1st, '08, 16:15

Wish it will be so soon...

starrynight32

Post by starrynight32 » Nov 1st, '08, 16:26

Well i am wondering if there's going to be softsubs for this drama . I heard so much about how good this drama is . If there's softsubs I believe A LOT of people will be happy and excited about this . I am trying to find out news/ status on the KST subs but no luck . So if any of the KST people is reading this I'm not trying to rush you guys or anything just want to know on the status ? Are you guys still subbing it ? started ? progressing ?

Just giving my 2cents because I'm sure this drama will gain a wider audience /fans with eng subs .

I hope I did not offend anyone .. cheers

hoalan

Post by hoalan » Nov 1st, '08, 17:24

Since mid September, the download section of KST site is closed to even members who do not have at least 50 points (70 -80 posts). From what I could understand, the posts have to be in Vietnamese.

The VietSub Painter of the Wind have been posted since early September.

I wish that KST would reaffirm that they would release the English Sub. files.

ani01manga

Post by ani01manga » Nov 2nd, '08, 02:30

ani01manga wrote:
WroW wrote:
garnet07 wrote:
Good luck subbing but if you are using the translation from viilkii you need to ask the original translator for permission

oh...ok..
:D Now all I need is to wait for the original translator to reply back. If they won't reply or don't give permission for me to upload the soft subs. Then I'm very sorry... :-( :cry:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 2nd, '08, 03:13

ani01manga wrote:

:D Now all I need is to wait for the original translator to reply back. If they won't reply or don't give permission for me to upload the soft subs. Then I'm very sorry... :-( :cry:
I am hoping for a positive reply too because I really want to see this drama but the video quality on vikii is just too bad to wach. Usually translators shouldn't be against it if you credit them but you never know :-)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 3rd, '08, 23:30

Oh, I thought you need permission if you want to sub a drama that someone is already doing. Anyways, I hate streaming sites especially when watching dramas or animes because of the bad quality. I want to watch these shows on full blown high quality and be able to rewatch it whenever.

I have been waiting for the subs to come out as well. I've watched the first 4 episodes in raw but because I couldn't fully understand what was going on, I stopped. It's not like i'm demanding the subbers or anything but at least DO let us know about the status of the project. I kept visiting their site, but there's not even a thread for Painter of the Wind except for Tazza which I don't really plan on watching right now.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Nov 4th, '08, 23:02

Eh, if you need help timing, PM me.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Nov 6th, '08, 02:30

http://bimbibap.com/2008/11/painter-of- ... subtitles/

Downloadable softsubs for POTW. (found this thanks to omo-omo)
I'll be posting this on the torrents in the meantime.
Since KST didn't confirm this project.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 6th, '08, 02:44

Zealousy wrote:http://bimbibap.com/2008/11/painter-of- ... subtitles/

I'll be posting this on the torrents in the meantime.
Since KST didn't confirm this project.
Cool thanks for informing us...now I know what to watch this weekend :-)

tokaiz

Post by tokaiz » Nov 19th, '08, 17:27

I probably sound like a silly addicted fanboy now... but shouldn't episode 15 be out by now?

Seems there is no torrent so far. :-(

xk

Post by xk » Dec 14th, '08, 17:17

Damn..... she is pretty. who is she?

I wanna like ...

8)

sweetanna

Post by sweetanna » Dec 14th, '08, 18:22

Zealousy wrote:http://bimbibap.com/2008/11/painter-of- ... subtitles/

btw, bimbibap is now also doing the subs for Terroir, though that info. isn't to be found on D-Addicts or its fansubwiki because I think that bimbibap is fansubbing independently of the D-Addicts community...

in other words...sometimes if your interested in something, you just have to look around a bit more.

SevenSeas

Post by SevenSeas » Apr 28th, '09, 10:08

i hope somebody can attach the subs from viikii of this drama because they are better than the other one. As to KST, they have not yet started, I guess, and it has been a while since they intended to sub this drama.

tokaiz

Post by tokaiz » Sep 2nd, '09, 23:23

xk wrote:
Damn..... she is pretty. who is she?

I wanna like ...

8)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kim_Hyun_Joo

hoochkkk

Painter of the Wind (2008 SBS Drama)

Post by hoochkkk » Dec 4th, '09, 22:54

"Painter of the Wind"... one of the BEST Dramas I have seen so far...

1. Painter of the Wind
2. Jumong

I am glad to have come across them both in English subs.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 03:59

I am on episode 10 and this drama is pretty good. However, Moon Geun Yeong is too feminine too play a guy in disguise. She has the saddest cry too. :cry: I wasn't expecting it to have so much potential. One thing I really wish is that there is a stronger male romantic interest in Yun-Bok though. Even her teacher likes her but there is no strong attraction yet. Maybe that will build up as time goes on. I wish there was more chemistry now though, except a couple of scenes so far. I'll keep watching because this is the 2nd best sageuk drama that I have seen so far, Iljimae #1 of course...

I loved this scene it was so funny!

There she is!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 00:17

Well I finished this one having to skip quite a bit after episode 12. I think I watched it more for the art and painting. The OST was nice too. This drama got really draggy at around episode 10, for me. It lacked in every other aspect
painting of the king's portrait over 8-9 episodes :O. You could tell that the writers ran out of storyline. No martial arts, fighting scenes, only one person died within the first 16 episodes, no poisoning, no drama really! A little love quest with another girl and the whole thing with that was weird, un-natural, and draggy. No other love interest and a weak king and a queen mother (grandmother) who gave failed orders. Except at the end...no drama! Booring!
This show would have made a great movie but did not have enough storyline for a drama, and a 20 episode one at that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '11, 00:49

Uhmm, I think you missed the point. This drama was about painting and struggles of a young, talented woman to be recognized by others. Not fluffy romance, not poisoning and all that "drama stuff". Movies/dramas about art are usually boring.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 01:47

Umm, nope. I didn't miss the point with this one actually the art and painting and struggles is what had me hooked for 11-12 episodes. Coming from an artsy family, other relatives watched it without skipping but I have to have some drama in order to watch 20 episodes. Apparantely, some people don't need it. I still think this one would have made a great movie. Oh well, we share quite different taste in dramas, but my reviews are just my own opinions, that's all.

princess shion

bimbibab.com?

Post by princess shion » Mar 17th, '11, 22:15

Sorry to disturb guys but everywhere I look I see "bimbibab.com/etc. etc."...
the problem is it seems there's no pimpibab website and I don't know where to dl the subs... I already watched and enjoyed this wonderful drama but my mum is very curious about it and she doesn't speak any korean at all XD could anyone help me? thank you so~~ much

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 03:30

We watched it w/English subtitles online. Do you need just subtitles only? I'll PM you.

ahireasu
Greece

Post by ahireasu » Mar 24th, '11, 12:08

Hello,
Does anyone have good English subs for this wonderful drama?
It seems to me that at some point viikii made subs but there nowhere to be found now.
I know there eng subs in livejournal and I appreciate the people that put the effort but tbh they are not good (I am not trying to flame or insult this people , without them it would be impossible to watch this drama).
You can ofc understand by 60% what is going on but that's it and it's a shame that none of the big groups didn't pick up this drama.
If anyone has good subs I will appreciate it immensely .

ahireasu
Greece

Post by ahireasu » Apr 20th, '11, 12:06

Since i liked the drama i would like to buy the novel, so i was wondering if the book exists in English?

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 3rd, '11, 20:38

Watching this at the moment. About to start episode 6, loving it so far.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 3rd, '11, 20:39

ahireasu wrote:Hello,
Does anyone have good English subs for this wonderful drama?
It seems to me that at some point viikii made subs but there nowhere to be found now.
I know there eng subs in livejournal and I appreciate the people that put the effort but tbh they are not good (I am not trying to flame or insult this people , without them it would be impossible to watch this drama).
You can ofc understand by 60% what is going on but that's it and it's a shame that none of the big groups didn't pick up this drama.
If anyone has good subs I will appreciate it immensely .
I have the Korean dvd and apart from the odd spelling mistake, the subs are fine. You can understand 100% of what is going on.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 8th, '11, 22:10

Well, this sure died a death. On episode 17 and finishing it has become a chore. The first half was great but the characters have become so dull, I'm starting to not really care what happens to any of them except for Jung Hyung. I will finish it because I'm so close to the end and not because I want to see how it's resolved and that's not good. One of the worst K-drama's I've seen, down there with My Sweet Seoul and Sweet Spy. I feel a bit sorry for Moon Geun Young, after this and Cinderella's Sister, she keeps ending up with love interest's that are old enough to be her father.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 9th, '11, 17:27

I have a question I watched the first couple minutes and I want to know does Moon Geun Young die because the opening monologue makes it seem like she does, if she does I'll have to put it off for now because I'm not in the mood for sad right now

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 9th, '11, 18:10

Sajen16 wrote:I have a question I watched the first couple minutes and I want to know does Moon Geun Young die because the opening monologue makes it seem like she does, if she does I'll have to put it off for now because I'm not in the mood for sad right now
No but if you don't want to be sad, don't watch it. Park Shin Yang is in it and there is nothing more depressing than watching that useless cunt.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Nov 10th, '11, 16:10

@Biozombie That was funny what you just wrote, but regarding your earlier comment about MGY she did end up with the young hottie JGS in Marry Me Mary 2010 drama. The music was awesome, acting was pretty good and sweet ending too. You should watch it if you haven't already.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Nov 10th, '11, 21:27

@iluvasiandrama. Yes, I have Marry Me Mary, thought it was ok. I agree with you on the music, I have both cd's. Thought it faded a bit in the 2nd half to be honest. Must admit, I don't think JGS is much of a hottie but that's probably due to the fact that he's a bloke. I do think he's a good actor though, he was also very good in He's Beautiful.