[Discussion] Mop Girl

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kensai808

Post by kensai808 » Nov 10th, '08, 13:10

Just seemed like an open ended conclusion. As if they were going to do a second season or a special or something.

If they aren't at least going to do a special, then yeah, that was a pretty bad ending.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Nov 10th, '08, 13:56

yep, it seems an open ended ending..i hope they make season 2 or specials...i also wish they make lots of episodes 10 episodes are kinda short (for me)...

naive_nostalgia

Post by naive_nostalgia » Nov 14th, '08, 05:22

I hope they make a special, too. I really hope they make a second season, but that might be hoping for too much . . . lol.

I didn't think the ending was bad, it just wasn't the best ending there could have been.
I was really hoping Otomo-san would have again made the connection that Momoko was the girl his girlfriend saved from the motorcyclist the second time around. That was the main thing that really bothered me about that episode.
Other than that, I loved this series.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Nov 17th, '08, 15:17

naive_nostalgia wrote:I hope they make a special, too. I really hope they make a second season, but that might be hoping for too much . . . lol.

I didn't think the ending was bad, it just wasn't the best ending there could have been.
I was really hoping Otomo-san would have again made the connection that Momoko was the girl his girlfriend saved from the motorcyclist the second time around. That was the main thing that really bothered me about that episode.
maybe there will be a continuation (crosses fingers) hopefully...

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 18th, '08, 13:10

Being a Keiko fan, I really thank Timelessubs for finishing the English subs! :cheers: I've waited this for a year! And I finished watching it! :)

Keiko-chan as always is uber kawaii as Momoko Hasegawa! :)

Otomo-san was really gaijin addict! haha!

The most touching episode for me was episode 9.

I hope also for season 2. I really enjoyed watching this series!

----

*plays Destination Nowhere over and over again* -hangover from Mop Girl.... :lol

immaperson

Post by immaperson » Nov 19th, '08, 23:42

naive_nostalgia wrote:I hope they make a special, too. I really hope they make a second season, but that might be hoping for too much . . . lol.

Same here too. what you thought is the same thought i had. that miss really irked me by the end of the series. overall, the ending was also just too vague for me. i thought the series started off strongly...and then died towards the end for me. but that was probably because i got confused by their too many "what ifs" scenarios by then.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Nov 24th, '08, 11:30

cute_angel wrote:Being a Keiko fan, I really thank Timelessubs for finishing the English subs! :cheers: I've waited this for a year! And I finished watching it! :)

Keiko-chan as always is uber kawaii as Momoko Hasegawa! :)

Otomo-san was really gaijin addict! haha!

The most touching episode for me was episode 9.

I hope also for season 2. I really enjoyed watching this series!

----

*plays Destination Nowhere over and over again* -hangover from Mop Girl.... :lol
haha I've had the same hangover like you do after seeing moppu gaaru...but now i'm playing sakura fubuki over and over even made it my phone's ringtone :wub: :mrgreen: :cheers:

ssih

Post by ssih » Mar 30th, '09, 19:06

Well, here I am posting a half a year to a year behind everyone else. What can I say? I'm discovering jdramas late in life.

I agree with most everyone about the ending. It was ok, but I was expecting more. I thought the ending to the last episode was especially weak.
Ketchup??? WTF? Did I miss something? He appeared to be stabbed and then slumped over like he was dead. Why did he do that? This just seemed like a cheap manipulation of the audience.
But that's ok. The disappointing ending didn't make me enjoy the rest of it any less.

A few jdramas ago, I watched Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu. She was cute as ever, but I didn't think she offered much to the story aside from occasional puzzled and concerned looks. But Mop Girl was the part she was born to play. She reminded me of a young Lucille ball, or perhaps Tea Leoni. Great physical comedy. At the very first, I found her whining to be a little annoying, but it quickly became endearing. I also enjoyed the ongoing gag of her vocabulary problem, and how it seems to run in her family.

I also liked the director's use of wide-angle closeups to distort faces and scenes. I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be another season (or at least a special) coming.

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Mar 31st, '09, 01:14

I finally watched this myself a week ago and found it kept my attention throughout. It could have easily become a silly and lame comedy, but struck just the right tone of odd humor. It reminded me of some Japan's quirky film releases. Kitagawa Keiko and Tanihara Shosuke made quite the team. I’ve seen a lot of him lately and he is beginning to grow on me as a leading man type. I definitely would welcome a second series.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Apr 2nd, '09, 00:09

Does anyone know if this drama had a special, because it did leave a lot of questions unanswered. I thought it was a cute drama and the endings makes perfect sense to me. However, a special or a move is needed to explain some things.

egghead

Post by egghead » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:35

Guys please seed the 704x396 episodes, please please please.

Much Appreciated.

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:37

Are you looking for the hard subbed files or the raws?

egghead

Post by egghead » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:41

the raws.

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:46

Sorry - can't help you with that. But the hard subs are New Zealand subs! :)

You might want to ask in the Torrent seed requests forum.

egghead

Post by egghead » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:51

woah ..........nz aye.

In New Zealand we have monthly bandwith caps of 10GB a month, so we really have to watch n monitor every single megabyte. I might just go looking for the HD version as there are seeds available.

Cheers

ssih

Post by ssih » Apr 2nd, '09, 19:55

egghead wrote:In New Zealand we have monthly bandwith caps of 10GB a month, so we really have to watch n monitor every single megabyte. I might just go looking for the HD version as there are seeds available.
10Gb/month? Ouch. I'd go through that before lunch.

The "HD" version - are you talking about the 1280x720 files? Those are mostly available, but ep06 has only been 65% complete for quite a while now.

egghead

Post by egghead » Apr 2nd, '09, 20:00

Yeah i saw that in the seeds forum.

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » May 14th, '09, 02:58

Good series, I decided on this because I wanted to go out of the usual stuff I watch.
I'll try and seed it. Anyone if it continues and what did those glasses meant at the end?

i heard something about her going back in time and saving the lady that saved her to put everything back in order, but that can't be confirmed anywhere. Maybe someone who is in Japan may know?

(a reply anytime would be appreciated days, months, years)

EDIT: I looked at dramawiki and it says that this is based off of a manga series, so perhaps what I've heard is true in the manga. Hope that provides some closure.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 14th, '09, 14:37

^ Interesting idea. Might be good for a special

Now that I think about it, I don' think we had an SP for this drama, right?

br4nd0n

Post by br4nd0n » May 14th, '09, 19:07

auroragb wrote:^ Interesting idea. Might be good for a special

Now that I think about it, I don' think we had an SP for this drama, right?
yeah maybe someone who read the manga can tell us or something. (can't find it anywhere)
hopefully there will be an sp

xFoX

Post by xFoX » Oct 14th, '09, 02:30

sorry for bringing up old stuff, but I was wondering does anyone have the OST by chance? :unsure:

by OST I meant the music that are used in the show, not the opening theme.

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 3rd, '09, 02:00

Keiko-chan is really funny in this series! I really like her here! :D

hoochkkk

Post by hoochkkk » Dec 14th, '09, 21:12

It took a while to down load the series, but it was worth it... pretty good.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Dec 17th, '09, 00:04

I enjoyed this drama. It is pretty funny and interesting too.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Dec 25th, '09, 19:14

anyone know that piano song in episode 7 around 28:50

i know it's famous and all but i don't what it's called

anyways abt the drama, i love it. the mystery aspect is good & love the acting with the 2 main characters.... i haven't seen the last ep \yet though.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Dec 27th, '09, 20:23

okay i found it out myself. the song is one of chopin's etude. op 10-12