[Disscusion] ROOM OF KING With Hiro Mizushima & Anne Suz

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
TsubasaDragon

[Disscusion] ROOM OF KING With Hiro Mizushima & Anne Suz

Post by TsubasaDragon » Sep 1st, '08, 07:34

Hiro Mizushima, Anne Suzuki star in roommate comedy
Mon, September 1, 2008 (2:39am EDT)

Hiro Mizushima and Anne Suzuki will co-star in a Fuji TV drama series titled "ROOM OF KING," airing this fall. The show is an unusual comedy scripted by director/screenwriter Ellie Omiya.

The story revolves around a group of housemates sharing a high-class apartment in Tokyo's Aoyama district. Mizushima plays a part-timer while Suzuki plays an OL. They begin living with a venereologist (Haruka Igawa) and a popular stylist (Atsuro Watabe), but after a series of events, they find themselves all competing in a game to win ownership of the apartment.

Fuji TV will broadcast "ROOM OF KING" on Saturday nights at 11:10pm, starting on October 4.

Source: Tokyo Graph
Last edited by TsubasaDragon on Sep 4th, '08, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 1st, '08, 07:40

Hiro's in a new drama! :wub:

Sounds like a great series to follow too, and I've always liked Anne Suzuki - but Hiro is the one who has me excited for this. Just, he isn't going to film it with that awful blond hair I saw him with recently, is he? :|

Thanks for posting this though. Sooooo looking forward to it. :cheers:

bikyo4ever_xxii

Post by bikyo4ever_xxii » Sep 1st, '08, 10:33

omg!the month of October has a bunch of upcoming exciting drama!i really love it!:)

i love HIRO and can't wait for his new drama!ganbatte!:)

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Sep 1st, '08, 19:13

Rori wrote: Just, he isn't going to film it with that awful blond hair I saw him with recently, is he? :|
don't worry about that! I just watched a clip from Osamu brunch where he said he really hates his blonde hair and he will dye it back to black [or another color?] as soon as the filming for the movie Drop ends!;))
so I guess by now he has black hair again!LOL

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 1st, '08, 19:23

leadfreaky wrote:
Rori wrote: Just, he isn't going to film it with that awful blond hair I saw him with recently, is he? :|
don't worry about that! I just watched a clip from Osamu brunch where he said he really hates his blonde hair and he will dye it back to black [or another color?] as soon as the filming for the movie Drop ends!;))
so I guess by now he has black hair again!LOL
Oh thank god, I'm glad along with most of his fans he hated it too! xD

Quistounette

Post by Quistounette » Sep 1st, '08, 19:31

I'm really looking forward to this drama

Mizushima Hiro and Suzuki Anne will make a great pair ^^

junnorei

Post by junnorei » Sep 1st, '08, 21:45

seems like we'll have funnnnnnn^^
im really happy about that able to watching hiro in a new dramaa^^

Annj

Post by Annj » Sep 3rd, '08, 06:05

I can't wait to see this! However why does Suzuki An get all the hot guys? Jun, Nino, YamaPi, and now Hiro.......

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 3rd, '08, 06:18

Annj wrote:I can't wait to see this! However why does Suzuki An get all the hot guys? Jun, Nino, YamaPi, and now Hiro.......
Ryo in Ganbatte Ikimasshoi too.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 3rd, '08, 18:10

I'm more happy that she's finally got drama work after like... you know... three years :P

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Sep 3rd, '08, 18:14

Hi ladymercury :D ... three years wow that's long well at leasy to me

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 3rd, '08, 18:17

Ladymercury wrote:I'm more happy that she's finally got drama work after like... you know... three years :P
Yeah, checked her DramaWiki profile earlier and it's been ages since I've seen her. Her and Hiro will be great together. Seems like a great drama to look forward to.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 3rd, '08, 19:34

Rori wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:I'm more happy that she's finally got drama work after like... you know... three years :P
Yeah, checked her DramaWiki profile earlier and it's been ages since I've seen her. Her and Hiro will be great together. Seems like a great drama to look forward to.
Ditto, ironically I was thinking about where she had ran off too and then this happened XD

They will be, I see great chemistry here. :)
TsubasaDragon wrote:Hi ladymercury :D ... three years wow that's long well at leasy to me
It is a long time :P

asfanino

Post by asfanino » Sep 6th, '08, 10:42

i love hiro!!october,i cant wait!

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Sep 8th, '08, 06:52

Uwaa, finally! A drama with Suzuki Anne. I was wondering if she was ever going to go back to dramas. And a drama with Mizushima Hiro too! Cool.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Sep 17th, '08, 21:33

I'm looking forward to this. I adore Suzuki Anne, and was sad that she's mostly stuck to plays and films for the last three years or so. I'm glad to see her back in a drama, and with Mizushima Hiro no less. The plot sounds very unusual, as well. Four roomates trying to get one apartment for themselves? It's listed as a comedy, but I have to wonder if there will be any romance between Hiro and Anne?

jay_ed

Post by jay_ed » Oct 5th, '08, 09:28

does anyone know where i can watch it??..didn't episode 1 air already last night??

i can't seem to find any place with the raw or anything ><"

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 5th, '08, 09:36

Be patient, the raw will be up eventually.

It's already up on the Utatane networks... so if its not up on d-addicts, I'll try and grab it and upload it...

jay_ed

Post by jay_ed » Oct 5th, '08, 09:39

^ but no on can EVER be patient when it comes to Hiro :roll

rofl..yeah..i know..it's just that the forums i go to for drama (and especially Zettai Kareshi) has NOTHING on Room of King at the moment..

BTW: ladymercury...i was reading the Henshin justice forums and saw that you used to load up lots of Hiro videos..you still have them??..or i tried to click on the links but they either got deleted or were friends only ><

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 5th, '08, 09:45

Ummm Hiro hiro videos... as in Kamen Rider Kabuto videos, yeahhhhh... I think I still have them.

jay_ed

Post by jay_ed » Oct 5th, '08, 09:46

(this is offtopic...but yeah)

i wanted to see the one where Hiro said Mt. Everest was in the Sahara Desert

LOL

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 5th, '08, 10:03

Oh! That video... That was a youtube, I don't have that. It was a Hey Say Gakuin episode I couldn't find....

I'm downloading Room of King right now so it'll be on d-a in about another 30 minutes.

jay_ed

Post by jay_ed » Oct 5th, '08, 10:54

^ do you know if the fansubbing groups will sub it in english??...

vmizu

Post by vmizu » Oct 5th, '08, 12:09

Oh.......... I miss Hiro very much.
:wub: :wub:
If anyone upload ROK Ep.1 (English SubTitle), please tell Link to me.

Thank you very much. :salut:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 5th, '08, 13:50

This drama is so strange, I don't know, the pace is quiet in hurry ^^ but it's still fun, I'll try another eps next week.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 5th, '08, 14:20

This drama is all over the place, its like, I had to sit down and really pay attention cause one scene is here and the other is there. XD

Annj

Post by Annj » Oct 6th, '08, 06:21

Is it just me or Suzuki An looks funky and weird. Totally not her pretty self. Does the ending sequence confuse anyone else?

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Oct 6th, '08, 06:54

Annj wrote:Is it just me or Suzuki An looks funky and weird. Totally not her pretty self. Does the ending sequence confuse anyone else?
I think it's her bangs maybe? Idk. She looks alright to me. Is she full Japanese? She looks like she might have something else.

I actually liked the ending theme thingy, where they were looking in the rooms. I guess it might be Hiro x Anne by the looks of that ending sequence.

And my, this episode was really random.
I mean, a robbery? Where'd that come from? And that guy singing, then all the people came in to sing along. Ahaha. I guess I'll keep watching, but hopefully it gets more... solid plot wise. :o

KoochiZibble

Post by KoochiZibble » Oct 6th, '08, 14:08

My Japanese is far from brilliant, but even I could tell how random and kinda rushed the whole thing was. XD
I think the random singing guy thought the robber was his student - and vice versa? Then turned out they both thought wrong because the robber was wearing a mask? Or... something, I have no idea.
Agreed that Anne Suzuki looks rather strange, but I've not seen anything of her less than three years old until now, so maybe it's just how she is now, I guess. She's still cute. And her and Hiro together were adorable.

It's still a pretty cute drama, so I'll watch it again when SBKSubs releases.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Oct 7th, '08, 05:59

Oh yeah! The last time I've seen Suzuki Anne in a drama was in Ganbatte Ikimasshoi. Woww.

You know what's random? I think she speaks English fluently maybe, because her hobbies on DramaWiki include daily english converstions, so I guess both her and Hiro have something in common. XD

KoochiZibble

Post by KoochiZibble » Oct 7th, '08, 09:30

She was in a movie called Snow Falling on Cedars, which is American, when she was twelve. I think she might have spoken English in it.... But yeah, the last drama she was in was Ganbatte Ikemasshoi. o/

I didn't know Hiro could speak English - seriously?

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Oct 7th, '08, 15:52

KoochiZibble wrote:She was in a movie called Snow Falling on Cedars, which is American, when she was twelve. I think she might have spoken English in it.... But yeah, the last drama she was in was Ganbatte Ikemasshoi. o/

I didn't know Hiro could speak English - seriously?
Yes, Hiro can speak English fluently. He lived in Sweden from age 6-12 and went to an international school. If you search on youtube or google you can probably find some clips.

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » Oct 7th, '08, 21:23

marspeach wrote: He lived in Sweden from age 6-12
Switzerland :D

Billion

Post by Billion » Oct 7th, '08, 22:28

Hiro's English is really good and he has no accent. Too bad he doesn't speak much in dramas. But then again it's not like there's any need for him to do so. ^^

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Oct 8th, '08, 01:26

RoosterMcTey wrote:
marspeach wrote: He lived in Sweden from age 6-12
Switzerland :D
Haha, knew that but had brain fart. They both start with "Sw" after all.

Rove

Post by Rove » Oct 13th, '08, 12:21

Hi Eveyone
How about EP2?
I would like to see it in subtitle English.
:-)

xxXHaruhiXxx

Post by xxXHaruhiXxx » Oct 14th, '08, 09:20

Rove wrote:Hi Eveyone
How about EP2?
I would like to see it in subtitle English.
:-)
whre can i watch episode 1 eng. sub?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 14th, '08, 16:47

For those who want to know the status of our RoK Eng sub project -> http://community.livejournal.com/sbkfan ... tml#cutid4

As for episode two, its hard for me to grab the raw off of Utatane .... and right now I'm busy uploading on Mega and grabbbing off of Jpopsuki so its gonna be a while.

hibiYa

Post by hibiYa » Oct 15th, '08, 22:09

[Meta_Intrans] has also started soft-subs for this series :D

Episode 1 is posted in the subtitle forum here~

Enjoy ^^

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Oct 16th, '08, 07:43

I think that random robbery took place to introduce a character perhaps? The singing guy that is. What a weird way ..

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 16th, '08, 15:21

Lifo wrote:
I think that random robbery took place to introduce a character perhaps? The singing guy that is. What a weird way ..
I don't think that was the only reason for it.
The realtors really do seem to be picking people who have a chance for fame and money. So that robbery also got Asako into some media spotlight, and the realtors were talking about her being on her way now.

I was completely going wtf and laughing my butt off during that scene with the song. And then he's just like... "Oh, I thought you were my cousin... he wore a mask like that too..." Very random humor. LOL

gohan11

Post by gohan11 » Oct 17th, '08, 05:08

I couldn't help but feel that they cut down episode 1 a bit to fit in the time slot and that the original cut is longer, that or the transitions really are supposed to be that fast.

hibiYa

Post by hibiYa » Oct 17th, '08, 09:54

I understand what you're saying~

the whole show is really fast paced though... and for a 35 minute drama it sure has a lot of lines to translate haha :P

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 17th, '08, 19:25

The Fuji Saturday drama slot has always been 30 minute dramas... Its just the pacing of Room of King is really fast and somewhat haphazard.

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Oct 25th, '08, 18:06

this drama is really fun to watch. i enjoyed it allot. Anne is really cute in this.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Nov 3rd, '08, 07:27

Latest episode garnered a 5.0% in ratings. That's incredibly low, the lowest I've seen. I wonder why? Maybe because of the pacing?

hibiYa

Post by hibiYa » Nov 3rd, '08, 08:23

ouch >< that is rough~ could explain why it was so hard to find raw copies of it last week. if it's any consolation, episode 5 seems to be much more easily available on the networks. i think the story is getting pretty good, honestly =) not sure how they're going to end it in 6 episodes though :cry:

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 3rd, '08, 11:05

Decided to drop watching this show.. I like Hiro... but the story is everywhere but not really there :( .

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Nov 3rd, '08, 11:26

Does this series get any better after episode one?

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Nov 6th, '08, 16:12

Owh, its only have 6 episodes in total? :scratch:

hibiYa

Post by hibiYa » Nov 8th, '08, 21:30

episode 6 just aired last night in japan, and 7 has been announced. i guess the drama wiki was just off for this? oh well. in my opinion, the show is starting to pick up since the first episode. give it another shot ( Maji Max is awesome haha :P )

Noi

Post by Noi » Nov 9th, '08, 00:06

Well, according to the japanese wikipedia (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_Of_King) it should end airing on the 22nd of November, which means we still have like 3 more episodes to go.

Personally, I love this drama. It's hilarious xD

Sure, the pacing is crazy, but the characters are awesome. Plus, it's such a pleasure to see Anne Suzuki acting in a drama after so many years.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Nov 10th, '08, 18:13

This drama is totally whacked and crazy but I'm too curious to know what the whole King deal is and who will win to stop watching. I'm glad it's more than 6 episodes now. I guess perhaps nobody knew for sure how many episodes RoK would be so they just allocated 6 episode slots in the wiki page first.

fathskie

Post by fathskie » Nov 12th, '08, 02:45

This drama is practically weird...
Weird plot, weird original idea, weird pace, weird characters.. (come on, three Ijuins??)
I keep watching it because of Hiro ^^
But it's true, I also curious what's the deal with all this "King" project o_0

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Nov 17th, '08, 01:07

But sometimes, too much craziness makes thing unclear. I'm still didnt get it eventhough i'm in ep 3. Those who watched after this episodes, is it getting any better? Cuz i am totally depending on the subtitle for this.

hibiYa

Post by hibiYa » Nov 17th, '08, 01:11

sorry for the delay on the subs sakura_sake~
i haven't been able to get in touch with the QC for a while. last i heard ModesTea has been really busy with school, so not much time to check over the episode. the 4 translation is complete though, so i might just check it over and post it up later if i don't notice any real errors.

Tettekete

Post by Tettekete » Nov 19th, '08, 00:09

Someone has information about the french song played in the episode 4 when Hiro is in France (=14;45) ?

thanksss

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Nov 28th, '08, 21:00

hibiYa wrote:sorry for the delay on the subs sakura_sake~
i haven't been able to get in touch with the QC for a while. last i heard ModesTea has been really busy with school, so not much time to check over the episode. the 4 translation is complete though, so i might just check it over and post it up later if i don't notice any real errors.
Thanks for ep4! Love it! :cheers:
If you want, I can help with QC. Only that I can help with the engliash and spelling. Not much with the Japanese cuz I only know a little bit of it. :-)

bluexberryz

Post by bluexberryz » Mar 30th, '09, 05:38

what happen to the subs it stopped after ep 6 =o