Place where you can download hd-quality korean dramas...

Discuss Korean drama series here.
beertax

Place where you can download hd-quality korean dramas...

Post by beertax » Feb 19th, '08, 06:20

limeusa.com

I'm not an employee of this site, I found it out thru a friend. Basically, there are several fee structures but I applied for the $15/ month for unlimited downloading. I live in NJ and use Verizon DSL, and I download stuff at around 300k/ sec.

As for what is there... pretty much all kdrama/ shows up-to-date (uploaded in hours after it aired in korea), plus a lot of old stuff in the past 5-7 years and all the famous ones such as All In, Fantasy Couple, Dae Jang Geum etc as well as game shows like 155 eps of X-Man.

Unfortunately the site is korean (although it is US based) so you will need a korean speakers help in applying for, searching, and downloading. Also you will need to get american subs for your downloads elsewhere, since limeusa is apparently for korean speakers. But if you understand the language somewhat and have $15 in payPal or cc, than you can get pretty much any recent kdrama you want in 700mb hd quality. The largest club within limeusa.com has around 20 tertabytes of stuff, mostly kdrama and kmovies, and also jdrama, american drama etc etc.

Hope this helps and hope I am not violating forum policy

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 18:17

Hm.. interesting, but I prefer clubbox ^^;

heewony

Post by heewony » Mar 14th, '08, 17:53

I was wondering.... i got lime usa and tried to download a drama... there are boxes that you check and then press the button that says download... but nothing happens.... does anyone know wut im suppose to do?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 14th, '08, 17:58

harharpan wrote:Hm.. interesting, but I prefer clubbox ^^;
I also prefer clubbox since it's free and the latest aired episode usually gets uploaded within a day.

but the fluctuating speeds get to me every now and then.. :-(

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jun 12th, '08, 02:03

hi-def quality @ only 700mb eh :scratchchin: interesting...

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 12th, '08, 02:10

lilswtangel wrote:
harharpan wrote:Hm.. interesting, but I prefer clubbox ^^;
I also prefer clubbox since it's free and the latest aired episode usually gets uploaded within a day.

but the fluctuating speeds get to me every now and then.. :-(
It really ticks me off too.. Especially when it goes from 50kb/s to like 23kb/s.
D;

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jun 12th, '08, 02:16

Yeah, clubbox basically have like all the kdrama. Bad side is that the downloading speed is quite slow...
I try to download drama off from direct download links as much as I can and if I can't then I use clubbox or torrent.
Why use this site if you have to pay when clubbox is free and/or there are other download links that are floating around?

Mariemerong

Post by Mariemerong » Jun 17th, '08, 16:37

Hmm.. Ever thought of downloading from Veoh?
Though I think Clubbox is the best.
For me that is.

limerh20

Post by limerh20 » Jun 18th, '08, 07:12

is limeusa.com down? :blink

rgrclms22

Post by rgrclms22 » Jun 20th, '08, 08:38

Yea, i cant open there site right now.

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jun 20th, '08, 09:03

Since I'm a firm believer in the idea that the more you have to pay for a hobby, the more you should look for a new hobby, I'll stick with clubbox, bt, and the occasional ddl. On a whole, it simply doesn't seem worth it at this point. However, thanks for the heads up. Might store the info away in case it might be useful in the future.

homer69

Post by homer69 » Jun 23rd, '08, 14:18

wow it's a shame limeusa.com is down... are they going for server maintenance or are they getting shut down? clubbox doesn't seem to have as big a collection as limeusa...

dreamer123446

Post by dreamer123446 » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:49

I heard limeusa.com was having some technical issue, but it will be back soon. their download speed is great.

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Jul 3rd, '08, 22:39

Don't know how "soon" that will be. They got a DDos attack like 3 other major Korean Webhard operating overseas (apparently coming from China), and download has been off the last 10 days or so. Might take a while.

dreamer123446

Post by dreamer123446 » Jul 8th, '08, 19:08

MisterX wrote:Don't know how "soon" that will be. They got a DDos attack like 3 other major Korean Webhard operating overseas (apparently coming from China), and download has been off the last 10 days or so. Might take a while.

that's interesting....any more details? ddoba is up now

MisterX

Post by MisterX » Jul 8th, '08, 22:34

dreamer123446 wrote:
MisterX wrote:Don't know how "soon" that will be. They got a DDos attack like 3 other major Korean Webhard operating overseas (apparently coming from China), and download has been off the last 10 days or so. Might take a while.

that's interesting....any more details? ddoba is up now
Yeah, Ddoba is up. Limeusa was back up yesterday for a while, I could even download a few files and now seems down again. I managed to see on the site that they moved servers and the transition is about 70% complete. After that they'll discuss compensation plans (they better!).

Can't really say much other than that, and it's likely the attack came from some hacker group in China, but you never know with Ddos. Those pushing the buttons might be somewhere else.

homer69

Post by homer69 » Aug 31st, '08, 17:27

hate to bring up an old thread, but any status updates on this site? really doesn't seem like they are coming back, or it seems they've put up a ip filter if other can get in except for me (i'm in hong kong atm). let me know if anyone ha any info! thanks!

also what alternatives are there to this site that are as big or 2nd to best to limeusa?

yangm

Post by yangm » Oct 8th, '08, 22:44

So, my boyfriend and I use LIMEUSA.
I tried downloading a drama like a week ago and it worked fine.
Now, I am trying to download the same thing, but it won't work... I click DOWNLOAD and it just does nothing.

Does anyone know what I can do?
HELP!!? :cry:

xk

Post by xk » Oct 9th, '08, 18:39

^ yangm, no need to go to limeusa. Go to some quality sites like clubbox --> http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

You can also check out the torrent here at d-addicts.com by selecting K-drama.

Do NOT go to Myaigoo (omo-omo). Staffs there have *unsuitable-profanities-removed* attitudes..... They are horrible. Just stick with Clubbox....

hehe..

yangm

Post by yangm » Oct 10th, '08, 03:39

Okay, so LIMEUSA is working..
But it is so slow..
My boyfriend's computer downloads like a whole season of a drama in 4 hours or so..
for me, in 4 hours, only 2 episodes get downloaded.. :glare:

does anyone know why??.. or what i can do to make it faster? :pale:

leesja

Post by leesja » Oct 13th, '08, 13:25

hey xk - here you go again -

Do NOT go to Myaigoo (omo-omo). Staffs there have *unsuitable-profanities-removed* attitudes..... They are horrible. Just stick with Clubbox....

hehe..
BE NICE!!! the ladies are OK at aigoo(omo-omo) - most people have had no problems with them

If you can't say anything nice then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL & keep you bad language to yourself & not on the forums!!

xk

Post by xk » Oct 13th, '08, 18:50

leesja wrote:hey xk - here you go again -

hehe..
BE NICE!!! the ladies are OK at aigoo(omo-omo) - most people have had no problems with them

If you can't say anything nice then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL & keep you bad language to yourself & not on the forums!!
Then get me my account (access to myaigoo) back. I will then see if I can try to stop bad mouthing about them.

:alcoholic:

homer69

Post by homer69 » Oct 13th, '08, 19:02

i ended up getting a subscription at ddoba.com

speeds are better than limeusa and seem to have most of the content i search for, except some of the old series don't come with english subs... also $20-$30 USD isn't too bad for about 3 months...

clubbox caps your speed if u haven't paid for the quick download subscription, plus it uses the "join a club first" method rather than ddoba's "One click, then search" method which is more convenient.

homer69

Post by homer69 » Oct 13th, '08, 19:08

also, since this site prob won't implement a upload/download ratio system, the download speeds will never be any good...

xk

Post by xk » Oct 13th, '08, 19:40

hey homer69, does ddoba have 720p high def versions for the k-dramas? Me wants to know. thanx.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 14th, '08, 13:37

xk wrote:^ yangm, no need to go to limeusa. Go to some quality sites like clubbox --> http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

Do NOT go to Myaigoo (omo-omo). Staffs there have *unsuitable-profanities-removed*attitudes..... They are horrible. Just stick with Clubbox....
Enough already dude. You've had your whine in the other thread now let it go please. They banned you for a reason and by constantly bad-mouthing them at every opportunity the chances of them reinstating your account is basically zero.

Also, isn't ironic how you recommend WITHS2 clubbox when they are closely affiliated with MYAIGOO?

xk

Post by xk » Oct 14th, '08, 14:46

^ Get me my account back. Problem solved.

If they don't then I may have to contact KBS, SBS, and MBC....

btw, I like your avatar. She's very cute. :-)
Last edited by xk on Oct 14th, '08, 14:56, edited 2 times in total.

xk

Post by xk » Oct 14th, '08, 14:48

Back to the question,

homer, how is that ddoba site? Got any 720p's?

lolz

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Oct 19th, '08, 06:21

Ok folks... a little heads up on how not to make life hard for the moderators here.

We received your report on the *unsuitable-profanities-removed* issue above, however, given the fact that we do respond to reports and try to remove such profane statements, we naturally appreciate your efforts in reporting the messages.

there is no doubt it would be a clearly impossible situation if we did not receive help from the users here.

However... I have said it before and I will keep suggesting this until I am blue in the face probably...

PLEASE for heavens sake, do not quote the mess.
You quadrupled the work we have to put in to clean it up, since we can only find it in one report link, and I have so far seen the quoted string in 3 more messages.

As I said, we very much appreciate the reports, but please. do not quote obsceneties.
As for having an oppinion which differes from ones own, that is every man and womans right, however we can all wish the competency and manneurism in personal expressions of those oppinions were equally as refined for all.

That I can live with, that it is not, and so should we all IMHO.

Thanks for the time you took to read this.

annchong

Post by annchong » Oct 23rd, '08, 03:55

kobe23 wrote:
xk wrote:^ yangm, no need to go to limeusa. Go to some quality sites like clubbox --> http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

Do NOT go to Myaigoo (omo-omo). Staffs there have *unsuitable-profanities-removed*attitudes..... They are horrible. Just stick with Clubbox....
Enough already dude. You've had your whine in the other thread now let it go please. They banned you for a reason and by constantly bad-mouthing them at every opportunity the chances of them reinstating your account is basically zero.

Also, isn't ironic how you recommend WITHS2 clubbox when they are closely affiliated with MYAIGOO?
Thank you kobe23 and leesja :). Techie, much appreciated for the comments. If 3 of you can email me at Aigoo, I will be more than happy to include you in our "Members Only" section :), if you not already are...

And kobe23, you are right wiith a particular clubbox. The last name of the uploader is a clear hint who uploads as well. Puela uploads too :). I am so glad it is recognised as a "quality sites" :).

Have a wonderful day and hope to hear from all of you soon :)

xk

Post by xk » Oct 23rd, '08, 20:03

^ hey get me access to aigoo site so I can download some stuff.. You banned my IP a while ago.

plz plz?

xk

Post by xk » Oct 24th, '08, 02:53

myaigoo website sucks, as usual.

8)
Last edited by xk on Nov 5th, '08, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

homer69

Post by homer69 » Nov 4th, '08, 14:59

looks like ddoba moved to kongdisk.com

i have seen a lot of mkv containers there, so i can assume they are 720 and maybe a few 1080's. actually i have seen a lot of 720's in their HD section.

I have clubbox but don't know which clubs to join for tv shows/movies with subs... would appreciate any suggestions

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Nov 5th, '08, 03:30

XK, what part of this didn't you understand?

"They banned you for a reason and by constantly bad-mouthing them at every opportunity the chances of them reinstating your account is basically zero"

Stop complaining about them and stay on topic, cuz they are doing the community a service by sacrificing their time and effort so we can download HQ dramas.

drmaul

Post by drmaul » Nov 6th, '08, 03:30

Let him continue, it's good entertainment.

annchong

Post by annchong » Nov 7th, '08, 06:08

I concur above :)

Back to topic, the places to go are:-

Clubbox - it is free but to get speeds I get which is around 400-600 kb/s you might need to exchange points (which means leave you CB running or pay like I do using credit card and purchase an ANYPIN. With Anypin I buy fixed rate service so you have absolutely no problem downloading at all - speeds can go to more than 1000/kb/s. Some of the good ones with 720p are moviesamo, sksgjwjqekf and yoonhk (like Aigoo, you have to get a password. Be nice, write to her and she might give :)). You can also go here and search http://boxfile.co.kr/ to search using 720p or even name of drama

LimeUSA - loads of 720p but you have to pay

Opelmi - loads again but you have to pay

Choding's blog - http://choding.blog.com/

Aigoo - only for nice people ( I am goating as I have a wicked sense of humour and drmaul, yes for your entertainment :) and stay tuned! Aigoo is coming out with something NEWWWWWWW

Dramacrush - IU revisited - they might move some of their 720 content of the old IU, I don't know but they might have. IU's old links redirects.

Fortunately for some and unfortunately for others, there are many "private" groups that have 720p BY INVIITATION only and you have to PAY to remain on that list, which is where Aigoo gets most of our dramas and download them and provide for priviledged few. They are ALMOST all torrents site and cannot be named. You have to do your own researching. Most invitation there are not by asking but by other members GIVING out invitation. And no proxy server does not work. They have to identify you at all times.

drmaul

Post by drmaul » Nov 7th, '08, 23:11

You missed the most important one:

You can always go to Korea and cap it yourself... or find someone in Korea to do it for you.

As you can see, most places require the use of money.

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Nov 9th, '08, 14:10

can someone be a member in aigoo even though you don;t donate?
cause clearly donating is out of the question. no way my mom will let me.
is there other way to get the passwords for the 720p? like seed or do something for them?

homer69

Post by homer69 » Nov 13th, '08, 14:59

looks like ddoba aka KONGDISK.com's services took a major drag after the switchover to the new domain. I'm seeing drastic speed changes and not the high reliability and speed I got before the move. Maybe it was a bad idea to pay for three months. I would recommend people not to join at the moment unless things start to improve (which I'm sure will after they sort out the switchover problems etc...)

also for CLUBBOX, since I leave my computer on most of the year, I decided to leave their program on to gather those "free" points which I can use to buy points and ultimately download like a paid user. Does anyone know if their download program comes with spyware or maliciously uses system resources when one is afk?

xk

Post by xk » Nov 13th, '08, 15:30

gerald_tot wrote:can someone be a member in aigoo even though you don;t donate?
is there other way to get the passwords for the 720p? like seed or do something for them?
You have to donate & beg them & be friend with them & be known in order to get invitation to download 720p's.....

d-addicts.com is better. It's painless and easy of use. I'm a contributor here too. I've seeded quite a few k-dramas. 8)

Just stick with the regular SD versions.... they have good PQ.... especially from KBS1-HD and KBS2-HD compressed. But MOST of MBC stuff sucks in PQ. Only very few are good.

drmaul

Post by drmaul » Nov 16th, '08, 02:45

xk wrote:
You have to [omitted] & be friend with them & be known in order to get invitation to download 720p's.....
I've, of course, omitted the parts which I needn't respond to. It's just ignorance. I'm pretty sure, xk, if you donated a million dollars and begged as much as you can, you will never get access.

But besides that, of course you have to be friends with the ladies(or at least know them a bit) before getting into the private section. That is/was THE point of making it private. So that people who they don't like (*erhm*) wouldn't be able to download the goodies.
xk wrote:Something about PQ here
You need to do one or more of the following:
1) Update your definition of quality
2) Get eye surgery or something.
3) Get a good, new monitor

Anyhooo, I'd actually like to thank you. At least you've done something good for the community by seeding and giving back. Thanks.

xk

Post by xk » Nov 16th, '08, 14:26

drmaul wrote:
xk wrote:
You have to [omitted] & be friend with them & be known in order to get invitation to download 720p's.....
I've, of course, omitted the parts which I needn't respond to. It's just ignorance. I'm pretty sure, xk, if you donated a million dollars and begged as much as you can, you will never get access.
I don't want to get access from myaigoo. I have lost interest and already moved on.

xk wrote:Something about PQ here
drmaul wrote:

You need to do one or more of the following:
1) Update your definition of quality
2) Get eye surgery or something.
3) Get a good, new monitor
Response to 1), my definition of visual quality in videos is beyond what you expect, or imagine. We aren't even in the same level. I wanted to bring this up before, actually...

Response to 2), my eye vision is fine. It's more than good enough to enjoy the every bit content in the videos to be displayed.

Response to 3), once again, we aren't even in the same level here. My setup (especially) beats most other professionals that have great setup.

Talk about who's confused. :-)

knuckles

Post by knuckles » Nov 21st, '08, 13:52

xk wrote:Response to 3), once again, we aren't even in the same level here. My setup (especially) beats most other professionals that have great setup.
Hi xk,
I hope to one day be a professional drama watcher like you. Please post a picture of your setup so that people can learn from it.

xk

Post by xk » Nov 22nd, '08, 22:29

knuckles wrote:
xk wrote:Response to 3), once again, we aren't even in the same level here. My setup (especially) beats most other professionals that have great setup.
Hi xk,
I hope to one day be a professional drama watcher like you. Please post a picture of your setup so that people can learn from it.
Here are some pictures taken off my plasma.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost ... tcount=912

Spec:
HTPC - Intel Conroe E6600@ 3.2ghz
Video card - ATi Radeon X1950XTX 512
Triple WD Raptor 10k rpm hard drives@ raid0
Sony Blu-ray PC Drive
DVI-D connection
50" Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY Plasma
50" Panasonic TH-50PH9UK Plasma

Software for playback:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2003
- Elecard MPEG Player 4.0 (for Japanese/Korean Music videos and HD/SD TV Dramas)
- Media Player Classic (mega codec pack) (backup)
- PowerDVD Ultra 7.x. (for Blu-ray movies)

Fully calibrated on plasma monitors
Calibrated in ATi Catalyst Control Center properties for 2D videos
* I can provide you more detail on the calibration if want it*

Pictures of my ghetto setup (wiring job not done yet)

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1296/dscf1929qp1.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6156/dscf1974lr5.jpg

My setup is over 3 years old though, but still performs very well. 8)

Hey ya want some SD (ental & shinhwa) shots? Some of them are world-class. Unbelievably great quality pictures.

hateshowoffs

Post by hateshowoffs » Nov 23rd, '08, 07:24

xk, you are so entertaining you should be in a circus. i will pay money to watch you SHOWING OFF all the great stuff you supposedly can do. thank you, buddy, for always making me laugh. :lol :lol :lol

Nonbirira

Post by Nonbirira » Nov 23rd, '08, 08:07

My, my! I'm a My Aigoo fan (although I don't post much there) and the more I see what the Aigoo Ladies have to deal with the more my respect grows! Yes, they can be snarky but you can bet it is because they have very good reason to be! (And actually their snarkiness is quite refreshing and endearing!) Dealing with fools on a daily basis can be very tiresome! Thank GOODNESS for the patience of the Aigoo ladies! :cheers:

Oh, and yes, this thread is quite a source of entertainment! I'm learning ALLLLL sorts of things! :lol

xk

Post by xk » Nov 23rd, '08, 15:03

hateshowoffs wrote:xk, you are so entertaining you should be in a circus. i will pay money to watch you SHOWING OFF all the great stuff you supposedly can do. thank you, buddy, for always making me laugh. :lol :lol :lol
Haha my pleasure.. I'll try to be as entertaining as i can. Thanks for the props. :lol

:-)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 24th, '08, 13:38

I heard somewhere xk has been cast in the sequel to the hit comedy "100 days with Mr Arrogant". Female lead has yet to be announced, but rumored to be one of the Aigoo ladies :D

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Nov 26th, '08, 02:26

I heard somewhere xk has been cast in the sequel to the hit comedy "100 days with Mr Arrogant". Female lead has yet to be announced, but rumored to be one of the Aigoo ladies
You heard wrong! The D-Addicts community is casting for a new movie to be known as Meteor Jungle which is loosely based on a popular manga.

In order to ensure that the movie will be a big hit the following people have been casted:

Doumyouji - xk

Rui - kobe

Makino - must be sweet belleza, if for no other reason, it's for xk's sake who worship the ground that she walks on.

Me? Myself? How can I leave myself out of this very interesting movie. Of course the only role tailored made for me must be
the evil mother of D!!!!. Her main role is to ensure that everybody's lives will be in misery, especially her 'beloved son', xk.
As for the rest of the roles the scriptwriter is still scratching her head for suitable candidates. Any suggestions?

homer69

Post by homer69 » Dec 12th, '08, 04:55

just an update, DDOBA now known as KONGDISK seems to have implemented a download throttle/limit for monthly subcribers. although they had some system previously implemented, the speed limits were much more relaxed. with the new server they have drastically lowered the download limit and have been getting many complaints from subcribers. I would suggest staying away for the mean time.

homer69

Post by homer69 » Dec 25th, '08, 19:02

could any one give me a list of good clubs to join for CLUBBOX.CO.KR?