[Discussion] Innocent Love - Horikita Maki (Fall 2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Sep 29th, '08, 10:49

Hikaru Utada will be singing the theme song for the drama series "Innocent Love," which stars popular actress Maki Horikita. This will be Utada's first song for a drama in Fuji TV's prized Monday night time slot since "Can You Keep A Secret?" for the 2001 hit "HERO."

This past spring, Utada sang the theme for the popular drama "Last Friends." That show's production staff are also working on "Innocent Love," and they decided to offer her another tie-in. But rather than requesting a new song, they chose the ballad "Eternally," originally recorded for her second album "Distance" in 2001. The producers reportedly felt that the song strongly matched the image of the drama.

Apparently, the song will use a re-edited version of the original vocal recording. It was remixed at a London recording studio to emphasize the vocals more, resulting in a new version titled "Eternally -Drama Mix-."

The song will be released digitally and as a chaku-uta, starting on the drama's premiere date of October 20. Currently, there are no plans for a CD release.

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3853
I hope they'll release a CD or even PV for that better :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Sep 29th, '08, 15:04

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Sep 30th, '08, 16:33

according to the official website there seems to be no intention to release a single (at least at this stage)... :-(

s_leonhart

Post by s_leonhart » Oct 1st, '08, 08:50

hope at least they include that song in the ost.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 1st, '08, 11:33

I heard they'll make it available to 'download' on net the same day as the drama starts.. ?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 2nd, '08, 07:21

official site updated!!

crying maki..

s_leonhart

Post by s_leonhart » Oct 2nd, '08, 16:34

now i'm feeling sad too...

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:46

pictures from the press conference:

Last edited by marienella_m on Oct 3rd, '08, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:53

^ Mezamashi 10/03

:wub:

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 2nd, '08, 21:13

Wow. Maki looks so mature! I'm liking this mature side of her. (:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 3rd, '08, 15:08

Another clip of the press conference ^^

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1482945513

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 3rd, '08, 21:32

New teaser/CM!

I feel sorry for Kanon's brother already :-(

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 3rd, '08, 23:44

New cast details and episode 01 "spoilers":
http://www.pori-chan.com/index.php?topic=166.0

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 6th, '08, 14:34

Yay, they won at Waratte Iitomo :D
Maki did a good job at the Jan Ken Finale :D

aishii

Post by aishii » Oct 6th, '08, 21:55

this drama looks soo good 8)
i really hope it's just as good as Last friends
maki is looking super in those pix btw <33

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 13th, '08, 12:49

Translation of Maki's interview can be found here
http://community.livejournal.com/innocentlove_jp

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 15th, '08, 12:12

Anyone could see these clips on the official site?
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/innocentlove/s ... index.html
I can't make it work :(

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 17th, '08, 10:50

Character chart updated ^^
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/innocentlove/chart/index.html
Really simple <3

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Oct 17th, '08, 16:58

Nomanymore wrote:Anyone could see these clips on the official site?
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/innocentlove/s ... index.html
I can't make it work :(
I can see them on mine computer

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 18th, '08, 13:08

Maki & Yuujin on Mecha Mecha Iketeru!

Really cute & funny XD

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 19th, '08, 15:11

2 more clips of the press conference
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v162811954YTjTZBb
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16281537bsae4RJ7

I will update the community with more links for who can't get access to Veoh :)
Edit: http://community.livejournal.com/innoce ... mode=reply

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '08, 10:25

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 20th, '08, 23:15

So.. it aired a while ago.. it had a nice slow paced feeling to it.
There is still a lot of room for character development, but what can you expect from a first episode. The characters all seem to harmonize with each other (in general, I mean). Each of the characters have something deep inside their hearts they can't really tell anyone else. It's intriguing and charming, calm and exciting. The Christmas feeling already puts you in the mood for holiday. ^_^

Without too much spoiling, the keywords of the wonderful opening. Think of those keywords like those from Last Friends. Here they also have a meaning and somewhat describe the characters.

Kanon - Destiny (Horikita Maki)
Junya - Memory (Kitagawa Yuujin)
Kiyoka - Betrayal (Uchida Yuki)
Subaru - Denial (Narimiya Hiroki)
Yoji - Sacrifice (Fukushi Seiji)
Jiro - Disclosure (Toyohara Kosuke)
Mizuki - Jealousy (Kashii Yuu)
So, from the opening and some parts in the episode it's almost clear that Subaru actually is in love with Kitagwa. The keyword "denial" also means that he's denying that he is gay. At least I think that his glances are enough evidence for this.

The ending was nice, but I'm not yet sure how that is connected to the keyword or how it will play out in the next episodes. I didn't see this coming at all, but you started to miss her among the characters throughout the first episode, that's true.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 20th, '08, 23:24

The OP :wub: :wub:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1113&hl=en

I think the timeline in the 1st eps is quiet interesting.. It's in the past& you wonder what happened Before & After (present) ^^
Last edited by Nomanymore on Oct 21st, '08, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 21st, '08, 00:44

marienella_m wrote:16.9% 21:00-22:09 CX* [新]イノセント・ラヴ
As expected.. it was only the cast who appealed to the people, not the story.
Now it depends on the story of how much the ratings will drop for the 2nd episode.
For most the story doesn't seem too bad, but not really good either.
Yuujin's acting is a joke for the majority, but ..well.. he isn't an actor.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 21st, '08, 00:51

HPriest wrote:
marienella_m wrote:16.9% 21:00-22:09 CX* [新]イノセント・ラヴ
As expected.. it was only the cast who appealed to the people, not the story.
Now it depends on the story of how much the ratings will drop for the 2nd episode.
For most the story doesn't seem too bad, but not really good either.
Yuujin's acting is a joke for the majority, but ..well.. he isn't an actor.
oh really, the story's not that good? yeah the pilot's ratings is pretty low for a Monday night drama, but i hope it will improve.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 21st, '08, 01:01

It's hard to tell yet. There are too many open questions and some irritating things that have to be cleared throughout the next episodes.

However, it's a typical slow story with some some elements you'd expect from the Innocent Love staff. It won't be liked by everyone and it doesn't help that Yuujin worse of an actor than expected. If all the Yuzu fans continue to watch it, then it might stay above the 10% for the 2nd episode. Some more Maki fans wouldn't hurt the ratings either, because she alone is worth watching it.. :P

I won't decide on this dorama yet.. I hope ep02 gets bit better :-)
And as for Yuujin.. he can only get better from now.

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Oct 21st, '08, 02:53

I haven't watch it yet but I do like the casting and storyline looks good too. It has that tragic, sad feeling to it :cry:

As for Yuzu's acting, it is only his 2nd dorama i think. People should give him a chance. But I do wonder what FujiTV has in mind casting new actor for a lead role in a primetime slot :scratch:

evolute8

Post by evolute8 » Oct 21st, '08, 03:24

waiting for the subs

lalaland_09

Post by lalaland_09 » Oct 21st, '08, 03:27

Well, Fuji was taking a gamble when they did the casting. Maki alone cannot yet generate top notch ratings, so I think 16.9 is somewhat passable for the first ep.

Anyway, the pacing of the ep was rather slow, but it did set up quiet nicely for future development. And the storylines seem interesting enough for me to continue watching.

BTW I absolutely adore the OP! Both the song and the imagery are stunning! :wub:

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Oct 21st, '08, 03:51

lalaland_09 wrote: BTW I absolutely adore the OP! Both the song and the imagery are stunning! :wub:
That's make two of us. I like how in the beginning, the word shatters and turn into snowy thingy. And the soft colors create a really beautiful effect... The OP alone makes me wanna cry :P LOL

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Oct 21st, '08, 03:58

nix_renji wrote:
lalaland_09 wrote: BTW I absolutely adore the OP! Both the song and the imagery are stunning! :wub:
That's make two of us. I like how in the beginning, the word shatters and turn into snowy thingy. And the soft colors create a really beautiful effect... The OP alone makes me wanna cry :P LOL
I third that opinion. I found myself completely captivated by the OP. I think I actually enjoyed it more than the episode itself. :P (I know better than to gauge a drama by the first ep, tho... I'll continue to watch & hope things do get stronger in the story.)

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Oct 21st, '08, 04:09

I saw one person's projected ratings for the following eps in 2ch... kind of disappointing how some people think it will fair :-(

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Oct 21st, '08, 12:30

never place too high hopes on any drama.. u will end up being disappointed when it did not match your high expectation.. it happened for LF, and now IL????

from now on, i shall expect all dramas to suck...

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Oct 21st, '08, 12:38

I Think Last Friends is OK....lol

:)

cam169

Post by cam169 » Oct 21st, '08, 12:46

toyotaku wrote:
nix_renji wrote:
I third that opinion. I found myself completely captivated by the OP. I think I actually enjoyed it more than the episode itself. :P (I know better than to gauge a drama by the first ep, tho... I'll continue to watch & hope things do get stronger in the story.)
I have to agreed with that. The opening was beautiful. The episode itself was kind of slow, but it let me interested in what's going to happen next.
The casting was good, except for Yujin, geez he is really bad at acting XD.
But as I said, I'm satisfied with the rest. And actually I was kind of impressed by Maki's on screen brother. Wonder what kind of relationship he desires to have with his sister ;)

Still, 16 % viewers rating is really kind of low, let's hope it gets better and the storyline becomes more intriguing as well.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 21st, '08, 13:31

The preview of episode 02 taken from the official website. It usually is free of major spoilers (judging from the preview of the first episode), but it still can't avoid to spoil some things..whether they are important or not. Only read it, if you really want to know a bit more about the next episode.
Kanon (Horikita Maki) secretly put a music box that resembles a grand piano in front of Junya's (Kitagawa Yuujin) house as Christmas present and returned home. Junya notices it the next morning and talks to Mizuki (Kashii Yuu) about the music box. Mizuki says that it could be somebody from the children choir and makes fun of him by saying "You are popular, aren't you?"

Kanon uses an alias and registers as an garbage collector in a dispatch company. Her job will be to clean around the train station. One day after work she drops by Junya's house and secretly tries to peek inside. She gets a glimpse of Junya listening to the music box she gave him as present and gets filled with joy. Right at that moment Subaru (Narimiya Hiroki) came along. Kanon quietly moves behind Junya's house in order not to get suspected.

On the other hand Kanon's older brother Youji (Fukushi Seiji) who got admitted to a juvenile prison suddenly turned violent and was put into a protection room. It was the night when Kanon came to meet him when he turned into a rage. At that time the journalist Ikeda (Toyohara Kousuke) visits the juvenile prison and asks to meet Youji. Ikeda chases after the truth behind what Youji caused and already made contact with Kanon. He tells Youji that he wants to help him and starts to talk about the event. During the trial Youji insisted that he was innocence, although he admitted of killing his parents right after he got arrested and Ikeda wants to know the reason for his sudden change. Ikeda is choosing his words carefully while observing Youji's facial expressions. Youji answered that his parents have already been killed when he woke up that night and that he sprinkled kerosene around the house so that Kanon wouldn't have to see her murdered parents.

Kanon endures the tough work by keeping her feelings for Junya inside her heart. Then one day she happens to see Junya around the station. She's hesitating about whether she should greet him or not while she's following him. On that occasion Junya accidentally drops his handkerchief without noticing and Kanon picks it up.

Kanon visits Junya's house in order to give him back his handkerchief. Harue (Miyazaki Yoshiko), who came to clean, leaves the house while talking on her mobile phone. It seems like that she has some urgent business with a father who leaves his child in the care of an orphanage.* Kanon makes sure that Harue is really leaving and gets inside the house through the open door. At that moment Subaru comes out of the room where Kiyoka (Uchida Yuki) is sleeping in. Just then Junya also turns up at the house and can't hide that he's surprised to see Kanon there. Subaru grabs the arm of Kanon who's trying to run away and calls the police...

*That line might not be exactly right..

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 21st, '08, 15:03

totemokakkoii wrote:never place too high hopes on any drama.. u will end up being disappointed when it did not match your high expectation.. it happened for LF, and now IL????

from now on, i shall expect all dramas to suck...
It's just the 1st eps ^^ &personally I enjoyed it :)

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 22nd, '08, 03:20

I actually really enjoyed this ep and I think this is my favourite drama I've seen sofar this season.

bakababa

Post by bakababa » Oct 22nd, '08, 03:50

My feeling after watching this episode is almost exactly the same as when I finished watching Last Friends the first time. There're so much going on but only in pieces (like a puzzle) which kept me interested even more. I can't wait for episode 2 !!! :thumleft: :thumright:

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Oct 22nd, '08, 04:00

Is this any good? Plot seems interesting.
I usually watch k and c/tw dramas so when I watch jdramas I get really bored.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Oct 22nd, '08, 09:03

Just watched the first episode...I pretty much agree with the assessment of yuujin's acting (the fact that his costars are decent actors make his inexperience stand out even more), but on the other hand I can see why the director wanted him for the role, he has this air of child-like innocence that really suits the role. About the opening, if I hadn't seen Last Friends first I would have liked it more, but the fact that its almost an exact replica of the Last friends opening makes me wish the producers had come up with something more original...Despite all that, I did like the first episode, but j-dramas have proved to me that a good premise and good few episodes doesn't always lead to a satisfying drama (ahem, last friends)..I'm looking forward to seeing how this series turns out.

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Oct 22nd, '08, 17:59

"Innocent Love" falls short of expectations"

Viewership data for the premiere episode of Fuji TV's "Innocent Love" has been released, and the network is surely disappointed with the results. The show managed only a 16.9% rating, despite starring the popular Maki Horikita.

This is the first time since last year that Fuji TV's Monday 9:00pm time slot has not had an opener above 20%. This breaks the streak that started with "Galileo" and continued with "Bara no Nai Hanaya," "CHANGE," and "Taiyou to Umi no Kyoush*tsu." Before those four shows, "Proposal Daisakusen" and "First Kiss" both debuted at over 19%.
Credit: Tokyograph

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 22nd, '08, 20:11

junebug6272 wrote:About the opening, if I hadn't seen Last Friends first I would have liked it more, but the fact that its almost an exact replica of the Last friends opening makes me wish the producers had come up with something more original...
At least they didn't use a red band..
I seriously feared that they would use one after all the promo pics of Innocent Love..
That would have been really cheap. ^^

tozacchi

Post by tozacchi » Oct 22nd, '08, 20:29

Definitely one of the interesting dramas for October. Can't wait for the second episode.

westlake

Post by westlake » Oct 23rd, '08, 00:56

cam169 wrote:
toyotaku wrote:
nix_renji wrote:
I have to agreed with that. The opening was beautiful. The episode itself was kind of slow, but it let me interested in what's going to happen next.
The casting was good, except for Yujin, geez he is really bad at acting XD.
But as I said, I'm satisfied with the rest. And actually I was kind of impressed by Maki's on screen brother. Wonder what kind of relationship he desires to have with his sister ;)

Still, 16 % viewers rating is really kind of low, let's hope it gets better and the storyline becomes more intriguing as well.
Hehe...I think Yujin's acting was decent. Which part you guys are referring to where his acting was bad? Perhaps I overlooked it. Or is it because he smiles too much...hahaha :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Oct 23rd, '08, 05:01

my thoughts on the first episode:
so...no one knows who killed kanon and jun's parents yet.
kanon thinks that her older bro is innocent though.
i have a feeling that jun really did kill his parents. but why? we'll have to wait and see.
there's something weird going on between kanon and jun.
my guess is that kanon and jun are not blood related, and jun likes kanon.
that's why he got all upset when she told him that she likes someone.

kiyoka is yujin's girlfriend who's apparently in a coma at the moment. well, we'll have to wait and see what happened to her. probably some kind of accident.

i also think that subaru is gay. he probably has a crush on yujin. the way he looked at yujin playing the piano said it all :wink:

otaku_freak_16

Post by otaku_freak_16 » Oct 23rd, '08, 08:36

Does anyone know if there are subs out for the first episode yet?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 23rd, '08, 10:45

westlake wrote:Hehe...I think Yujin's acting was decent. Which part you guys are referring to where his acting was bad? Perhaps I overlooked it. Or is it because he smiles too much...hahaha :lol
yea I quiet like his smile ^^ & I think he did well in the last scene where he's by Kiyoka side too..

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Oct 23rd, '08, 10:47

Querbeet is subbing this series and no, the subs are not out yet.

Give us a bit more time!^^

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Oct 23rd, '08, 12:44

Nomanymore wrote:
westlake wrote:Hehe...I think Yujin's acting was decent. Which part you guys are referring to where his acting was bad? Perhaps I overlooked it. Or is it because he smiles too much...hahaha :lol
yea I quiet like his smile ^^ & I think he did well in the last scene where he's by Kiyoka side too..
I thought he was horrible in the scene with Kanon at his house when she's looking at the picture. The rest of the episode wasn't as bad though.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 23rd, '08, 12:48

miznagase wrote:
i have a feeling that jun really did kill his parents. but why? we'll have to wait and see.

kiyoka is yujin's girlfriend who's apparently in a coma at the moment. well, we'll have to wait and see what happened to her. probably some kind of accident.

i also think that subaru is gay. he probably has a crush on yujin. the way he looked at yujin playing the piano said it all :wink:
Just a note, it's Youji (Yoji), not Jun. :)
I don't think that he killed his parents. He might be responsible for the fire, but I doubt that he was the one who murdered them beforehand. (That was mentioned in the news her boss in the housecleaning read and that fact was also known long before ep01 even aired... that they were stabbed)

There might be some relation to the orphanage as well. Your guess that they aren't blood related is a good one and to stretch this further, I think Kanon is the one that got adopted. Now all you have to combine is that Junya also was in an orphanage/church kinda of thing, since he lost both his parents at a very young age as well. So my vague theory here is that Junya and Kanon might end up being siblings. (plus that woman she worked with in the housecleaning might be their relative or even their real mother.. she showed some very weird reactions...)

Of course there are also many people who say that Junya has to be the bad guy who killed their parents, but so far the story didn't give us any hints for that theory.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 23rd, '08, 12:59

marspeach wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:
I thought he was horrible in the scene with Kanon at his house when she's looking at the picture. The rest of the episode wasn't as bad though.
yea he looks kinda stiff at that scene..

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Oct 23rd, '08, 17:06

HPriest wrote:Just a note, it's Youji (Yoji), not Jun. :)
I don't think that he killed his parents. He might be responsible for the fire, but I doubt that he was the one who murdered them beforehand. (That was mentioned in the news her boss in the housecleaning read and that fact was also known long before ep01 even aired... that they were stabbed)

There might be some relation to the orphanage as well. Your guess that they aren't blood related is a good one and to stretch this further, I think Kanon is the one that got adopted. Now all you have to combine is that Junya also was in an orphanage/church kinda of thing, since he lost both his parents at a very young age as well. So my vague theory here is that Junya and Kanon might end up being siblings. (plus that woman she worked with in the housecleaning might be their relative or even their real mother.. she showed some very weird reactions...)

Of course there are also many people who say that Junya has to be the bad guy who killed their parents, but so far the story didn't give us any hints for that theory.
oh yeah. i meant yoji, not jun. (i got mixed up with jun's real name, yujin :D )
i don't think that housecleaning woman is kanon's real mother (if the mom who died on christmas eve is not her biological one).
if she really IS kanon's mother, she would've known about the fire and the fact that her bro is in jail as the suspect of killing their parents.
but i DO think that kanon and yoji are not blood related, or else, he wouldn't have acted that way after he found out kanon likes someone.

junya killed their parents??? :O
i would never have thought of that!!!
hopefully that's not true, cuz i selfishly want him to stay as the good guy :D

westlake

Post by westlake » Oct 23rd, '08, 17:24

Nomanymore wrote:
marspeach wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:
yea he looks kinda stiff at that scene..
I see...it could be an awkward moment for Yujin. Not sure how to act out that part...to feel angry or sympathetic towards Kanon. :lol

Still it has to be because he smiles too much (btw he has a nice smile). :P Can't wait for the future episodes.

KuroSawa

Post by KuroSawa » Oct 23rd, '08, 20:56

quote]I have to agreed with that. The opening was beautiful. The episode itself was kind of slow, but it let me interested in what's going to happen next. [/quote]
I was captivated by the OP too, the song is really awesome. but it left me with bit of a Last Friend feeling. Especially these "one word descriptions" of each character...
miznagase wrote:my thoughts on the first episode:

I had the same feeling bout that Subaru guy , and the word describing him in the OP reassures me ;)

and the brother, well

I hope that SACRIFICE doesn't mean that he's protecting Kanon :0

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Oct 23rd, '08, 23:32

interesting predictions... Here's what I think,
Maybe kanon and Yoki are really blood-brothers and sisters. And the reason he threw that tantrum at prison is cause she is his only connection to the outside world. The thought of Kanon meeting someone else other than him that she cares about and abandoning him is what's making him mad. I think Yoji did something big for Kanon (hence the "sacrifice") and feels that she owes him. That's why he never wants her to leave him.
But I really like the idea (and kinda hoping) of them not being related. That would add a really cool twist to the story. Yoji is such an inresting character :heart:
Everybody has their own little secret and agendas. I really hope the ending of this drama doesn't suck :pray: . Can't wait for episode 2 :thumleft:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 24th, '08, 00:02

KuroSawa wrote:and the brother, well

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm19 ... ap0023.jpg
I hope that SACRIFICE doesn't mean that he's protecting Kanon :0

yea
I hope they don't make Kanon the real culprit :goggle: but it's hard to say, since there's not many characters, it'll be weird to show some unknown face as the real murderer :|

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Oct 24th, '08, 01:59

nix_renji wrote:
Maybe kanon and Yoki are really blood-brothers and sisters. And the reason he threw that tantrum at prison is cause she is his only connection to the outside world. The thought of Kanon meeting someone else other than him that she cares about and abandoning him is what's making him mad. I think Yoji did something big for Kanon (hence the "sacrifice") and feels that she owes him. That's why he never wants her to leave him.
But I really like the idea (and kinda hoping) of them not being related. That would add a really cool twist to the story. Yoji is such an inresting character :heart:
I had a similar feeling. I think that maybe he is somewhat jealous of Kanon having a fairly free life where she can fall in love with someone, and he is mad at himself for having such feelings, since in reality, he knows that she has been having a tough life too.

Anyway,... I thought the first episode was okay to pretty good. I'll be following it, at least for now. And I agree with the people who say they like the OP sequence. It's really nicely done, though I think they could have executed their use of text a little better.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Oct 24th, '08, 02:23

otaku_freak_16 wrote:Does anyone know if there are subs out for the first episode yet?

Are you implying that a subbing team is working on this project?

It'd be really good news if so....

which group then?

:-)

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Oct 24th, '08, 02:44

Yes,

Querbeet is subbing this dorama.

Check out the fansub Map for questions like this!^^

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Oct 24th, '08, 03:35

Alright, alright, I just finished watching it and I think I'm missing something...

Why in the world does everyone treat this girl like that? It's not like she was the one who murdered her parents. If anything people should feel sorry for her, right? :scratch:

otaku_freak_16

Post by otaku_freak_16 » Oct 24th, '08, 03:44

junior_pansy wrote:
otaku_freak_16 wrote:Does anyone know if there are subs out for the first episode yet?

Are you implying that a subbing team is working on this project?

It'd be really good news if so....

which group then?

:-)
=] no, i was just wondering if someone was, and if so, would the subs be out soon?
I really hope so, though =3

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Oct 24th, '08, 04:34

Kakijun wrote:Alright, alright, I just finished watching it and I think I'm missing something...

Why in the world does everyone treat this girl like that? It's not like she was the one who murdered her parents. If anything people should feel sorry for her, right? :scratch:
I don't know how it is in Japan, but in general society can be cruel...

On a side note, Kanon's story is something like Yamada Takayuki character in the Tegami movie (http://www.tegami-movie.jp/) Highly recommended movie btw. I cried a bucket watching it. Sorry if spamming :fight:

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Oct 24th, '08, 13:39

We are working hard to get the subs out soon, please have some patience!^^

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 27th, '08, 18:18

I actually didn't mind Kitagawa Yujin's oversmiling---
if he's calculating this, though. His character does experience hardships (mainly through his girlfriend being in a coma?), and the oversmiling emphasizes how he's forcing himself to put up a brave front, as if everything's okay.

I admit though, his oversmiling's probably due to his lack of acting ability rather than a calculated action on his part. But, if his acting improves as the episodes go on, he could use his "oversmiling" in the first few episodes to his advantage.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 28th, '08, 00:22

13.3% for 2nd episode. :-(

bakababa

Post by bakababa » Oct 28th, '08, 03:34

Yeah...what's up with the drop in rating :( I was hoping that it's going to go up because ep 1 was quite good. Though I have to say that ep 1 was better than ep 2 ...

namie

Post by namie » Oct 28th, '08, 10:40

Wow....great dorama! But very sad.... :cry: I think that
subaru is gay. I hope that Jinya break up with his girlfriend and fall in love with Kanon....:wub:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 28th, '08, 12:06

The preview of next episode really intrigues me ^^;
Her brother got out of prison? O_o how?
I guess we'll get to know what happened to Kiyoka &the last will probably wake up soon at this pace..
I love the piano scene, so cute :wub:

westlake

Post by westlake » Oct 28th, '08, 12:36

Hmm...
Poor Kanon...got accused of stealing. Yea, I am puzzled as well....Kanon's brother released from prison in the next episode? I'm wondering...it feels like Kanon ..may.. get framed for attempting to kill Kiyoka? Hope not :-( As usual it's just a guess...haha :P
Low ratings? oh well... :whistling:

Can't wait for the coming episodes. :lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 28th, '08, 13:05

namie wrote:Wow....great dorama! But very sad.... :cry: I think that
subaru is gay. I hope that Jinya break up with his girlfriend and fall in love with Kanon....:wub:
yea,
but for the moment, Subaru treats Kanon nicely, I guess he'll become the 2nd who 'bullies' her if Mizuki is the 1st ...

RieRie

Post by RieRie » Oct 28th, '08, 14:04

wah!! i'm gonna watch this when i have time.. ^^

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Oct 28th, '08, 15:45

oh boy, can this drama get any more unrealistic???
why the hell would kanon just go inside a person's house without knocking on the door or anything? i thought that was really strange :glare:
they were gonna call the cops to get her arrested, but then a day later, junya actually hires her as a housekeeper??? :lol
and the piano scene where junya and kanon sings is sooooooo random and lame... :roll
anyways, kanon's brother, yuji, gets out of jail in the next episode, apparently.
i still don't understand why he has so much hatred towards junya (he said he wants to kill him).
kiyoka is getting better. that's a good sign. the story will get a lot more interesting :thumright:
there are now four people who wants to date junya. getting competitive, eh?? :P
i'm not surprised that the ratings are dropping.
maybe if the story gets more interesting...let's hope it will :thumleft:

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by HPriest » Oct 28th, '08, 19:48

In some news it was mentioned that the 2nd half will be better once everything is settled, but that sounded more like hope rather than a fact. I think that the story will be misleading us until the half and then gets more interesting once we get some really surprising new fact. So far it hasn't really been surprising.. it was weird. ^_^